Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Virtue posted:

Is there a trick to getting my music to play over the game audio?

I'd like to know this too. But sonfar I've searched far and wide to find some sort of wiki but to no avail. How new is this game anyway? Couple months? Weeks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I'm only seeing the full goon guild when I search in-game

Roshambo
Jan 18, 2010

DrManiac posted:

I'm only seeing the full goon guild when I search in-game

"Goon Squad" case sensitive is the second guild.

Would it be better for both guilds to focus on one city or split objectives?

ProfFrink
Nov 7, 2007

"Stun" may be a bit of a misnomer.
Having fun in this so far.
Applied to Goon Squad as ProfFrink.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Roshambo posted:

I'd say it would make sense to focus on one city to start, to get one of us in one at least. Then the citied guild can more easily help the other guild get a city of their own.

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!
Applied to Goon Squad as IronChefRamen.

Ludo Friend
Aug 2, 2012

Klungar posted:

I'd say it would make sense to focus on one city to start, to get one of us in one at least. Then the citied guild can more easily help the other guild get a city of their own.

We've been beating on Gonesh when possible, and it's certainly our target city.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Roshambo posted:

That was it. Applied as drmaniac sa

I Love Topanga
Oct 3, 2003
Applied to Goon Squad as TLuv

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Decided I wasn't going to continue, so I left Art of Goonquest.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
EDIT: Disregard

DontMindMe fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Jun 23, 2017

Gaukler
Oct 9, 2012

Applied to Goon Squad as WarToilet.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

EDIT: Hawkspire may be a lost cause actually. While new, there are a bunch of uber whales that appear to have gone mad

If you still want to join and try to take over this guild from within, join Reaperz in Fableton. Open to everyone right now and only 3 people have joined so far.

DontMindMe fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jun 23, 2017

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

DontMindMe posted:

EDIT: Hawkspire may be a lost cause actually. While new, there are a bunch of uber whales that appear to have gone mad

If you still want to join and try to take over this guild from within, join Reaperz in Fableton. Open to everyone right now and only 3 people have joined so far.

Yeah I hopped in, saw that and was like yyyyeahhhhh no. I think our best bet aside from trying to ninja a city is to coordinate something down the line to pick a small city and just rush it. Have everyone prepared with gold/materials to replenish troops so we can keep the assault up.

Ludo Friend
Aug 2, 2012

Got to be honest, if we goon rushed Gonesh with anyone who had catapults over the next day we'd have it. Instead there's only three goons who have been attacking it out of 30.

Also is coty attacking easier as dwarves? I'd be happy to race change if I did more than 2k a city seige!

Ludo Friend fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Jun 23, 2017

Ludo Friend
Aug 2, 2012

Also if the extra hero is game changing, does it make sense to join another guild, move cities, then leave and rejoin art of goonquest?

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

Maintenance for 2 hours.

Then we can start queuing multiple upgrades at once!

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS
Here's a trick I wish I had known when I started, maybe it can help others. Vega (the healer) is useless. Do not level her.
Level 1 heroes heal fast when injured, something like a minute. When you're fighting for cities you need to swamp the area with your color near the end so some asshat doesn't ninja it and ruin all your hard work. It's stupid but that's how it works. Low level players are critical at that point because even without any heroes to field, they can still start fights and block their opponents in the army selection screen for one minute at a time. This is where Vega shines. Since she heals quickly, she can just pop a stamina potion if you're all out of energy, and actually be on the field to be slaughtered and make the opposing heroes all lose a stamina. After this update, I will only cost her one point of stamina to do it instead of two as of now. By the time you run back from your city she'll be healed and ready to go again.
But wait, that's not all: after the fight is over the game tells you how many points of stamina each of your opponents heroes have left, so you can watch them die in real time. Once they're pretty much out of energy and can't field any more troops, the little lone Vega can actually win a match and injure all their heroes.
E: only drawback, you can no longer use her for sieges, since that gives 1000xp each time and you don't want her to level up.

Ludo Friend
Aug 2, 2012

Please hold my guild spot open for now. Switching guilds to grab my rank rewards then coming back.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard

Ludo Friend posted:

Please hold my guild spot open for now. Switching guilds to grab my rank rewards then coming back.

Same for me in Art of Goonquest!

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Ah, murdering yellows in our territory before going off to work for several hours

I'm not sure why that one guy loses 100% of his units, but i'll take it!

e: oh yeah, lichs dont revive. hmm. i hope they're cheap to build at least

Setset fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Jun 23, 2017

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Ludo Friend posted:

I feel like this is the appropriate thing to do if we want to be serious about getting an advantage. I know it seems wonky but hey, goons do what it takes to win.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard

Just a hint: You cannot change the Race after you leave the city and rejoin Goonsquads.
You keep the Lich hero tho. I am building Castle lvl 12 over next night

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
That was actually pretty effortless. The Viet guilds to the south are open invite, just find one with a spot, join, move, upgrade to Count and then leave. You do get downgraded to Baron once you're back in Athaly, but keep the Lich hero.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

You keep the Hero, but can't change Race. Also, you can't change Race at all if your Castle is being upgraded. I'll be back to AoG in a little over 10 hours...

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
How do you change over to Lich? It's greyed out for me and I'm level 9.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

If you've already changed race does it revert you back to human?

e: It doesn't. Also I'm back with the lich champion and reapplied to goon guild as TinaTurner69.

VelociBacon fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Jun 23, 2017

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

How the hell are you getting into other guilds with cities?

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Snowmankilla posted:

How the hell are you getting into other guilds with cities?

I just spam applied to a bunch and one took me in.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

In as MeowthSA, mostly trying to turn the bonus resources from the redemption codes into actual buildings right now.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Reapplied to Art of Goonquest. Now I am not sure what race to be...

Ludo Friend
Aug 2, 2012

I keep thinking of going dwarf. But then I've been fighting a lot of cavalry heavy armies at present, and my spear line is doing the hard work!

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Lot of room in AOGoon applied as lube banjo

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

I'm not going to pay $99 for a hero anyway but Elena seems a bit poo poo? The cavalry buff is excellent but all her other abilities seem atrocious.

Incidentally are we coordinating against Gonesh (and thus claim it as Goonesh) and how do we do that thing? Do we just attack the random bases in there until they're all on fire or something? I'm so confused by the open world sieges

Ludo Friend
Aug 2, 2012

cpaf posted:

I'm not going to pay $99 for a hero anyway but Elena seems a bit poo poo? The cavalry buff is excellent but all her other abilities seem atrocious.

Incidentally are we coordinating against Gonesh (and thus claim it as Goonesh) and how do we do that thing? Do we just attack the random bases in there until they're all on fire or something? I'm so confused by the open world sieges

When all the bases in the city hits 0 defence you can then claim the city. I'm finding with a 60k defense rating it's taking me forever to bring it down. I've managed to get 6 rank 2 catapults into my army, and I still only do 2.6k damage. I'm hoping rank 3 or the silver rank 3 start to do significantly more damage!

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
Has anyone figured out how to get your castle structures to offer upgrades from bronze to silver units? What level is required?

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Subliminal Ninja posted:

Has anyone figured out how to get your castle structures to offer upgrades from bronze to silver units? What level is required?

lotts of research in the academy

Ludo Friend posted:

When all the bases in the city hits 0 defence you can then claim the city. I'm finding with a 60k defense rating it's taking me forever to bring it down. I've managed to get 6 rank 2 catapults into my army, and I still only do 2.6k damage. I'm hoping rank 3 or the silver rank 3 start to do significantly more damage!

crap it's going to take forever to take a city

batteries!
Aug 26, 2010

Ludo Friend posted:

They don't. I'm in one of the two blue guilds with the larger size cities and its impossible to dislodge anyone. Right now once you claim a city it's yours if you're paying the least bit attention.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

In other words the game is poo poo? :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Piggy Smalls posted:

In other words the game is poo poo? :(

There are a lot of balance problems but game is still fun and good imo

• Locked thread