Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Reality Winner posted:

No way is there a real online store called Gamergate

I'm trying to decide if gamers gate or myrmologists trying to talk about gamergates online are having a worse past few years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

John Murdoch posted:

While that's good advice I don't know why you crossed out Rise of the Tomb Raider, because that has all of its content bundled?

My bad, I thought that wasn't a thing yet.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I think it got bundled up last October when they released the 20 year anniversary Croft manor DLC. Endurance Mode is definitely worth the price of admission.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

hoping for Dead Cells/Vanquish sales but not sure how likely that will be. Wish Fire Pro launched in this timeframe but oh well, 10 dollah Bayo let's do this

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I'm hoping for a NieR Automata discount to make my mistake of getting ME:A at launch instead less expensive.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

DLC Inc posted:

hoping for Dead Cells/Vanquish sales but not sure how likely that will be. Wish Fire Pro launched in this timeframe but oh well, 10 dollah Bayo let's do this

WinGameStore is currently selling Dead Cells for 29% (redeem on Steam) off so I'm hopefully for a Steam 33% off.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

John Romero posted:

whats the site that tells you if a game been on sale

You might be thinking of https://www.isthereanydeal.com Tracks past/current sales and has a price history

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I own over 1000 games in steam and by 2019 I'd like to own 2000

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Plebian Parasite posted:

It's worth noting as well that usually the discounts are rolled in, certain games won't be showing their discount price until like an hour in.

I'll go ahead and post this now because there are invariably questions about it every big sale: Your wishlist is always the last part of the store to update. I have no idea why this is, but discount prices won't propagate to your wishlist until AT LEAST an hour or two into the sale. In fact, for the first hour or so your wishlist may disappear entirely as Steam strains to accommodate the throngs of dealseekers straining the servers.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I'd like to buy Far Cry Primal. It looks like the lowest it's been though is $25 and I don't see them putting it much lower than that. I don't think I want to play that game enough to pay more than $15-$20.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Too Shy Guy posted:

I'll go ahead and post this now because there are invariably questions about it every big sale: Your wishlist is always the last part of the store to update. I have no idea why this is, but discount prices won't propagate to your wishlist until AT LEAST an hour or two into the sale. In fact, for the first hour or so your wishlist may disappear entirely as Steam strains to accommodate the throngs of dealseekers straining the servers.

What you can do instead is click through to the store pages of your wishlist items and see if there are any discounts. I do this at the early chaos of a sale to find any pricing errors!

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Looking for a good deal on Attila: Total War since I never bought it and it's still like full price. Wanna lead a group of hobos westward and slay some idiot Vikings/Huns, but without spending much money.

poo poo just googled it, you can get it for $10 on amazon, steam edition too!

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.

jokes posted:

Looking for a good deal on Attila: Total War since I never bought it and it's still like full price. Wanna lead a group of hobos westward and slay some idiot Vikings/Huns, but without spending much money.

poo poo just googled it, you can get it for $10 on amazon, steam edition too!

Nice! I need to get into the total war games. I think the thing that prevents me is that I find manually controlling the units manually in battle hard because I am terrible at that and auto resolving feels like a cop-out option. I need to get over that ad focus on the game.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I would totally get Far Cry Primal but Horizon Zero Dawn already scratched that itch hard lately and there's no way Primal holds up in comparison.

If Mass Effect: Andromeda drops I'd get it just to make a Write-up but I doubt it drops low enough.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Palpek posted:

I would totally get Far Cry Primal but Horizon Zero Dawn already scratched that itch hard lately and there's no way Primal holds up in comparison.

If Mass Effect: Andromeda drops I'd get it just to make a Write-up but I doubt it drops low enough.

CD keys already have it for half price, FYI

http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/mass-effect-andromeda-pc-origin-cd-key

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Hopper posted:

Here's an easy tip for you and anyone else who wants to manage their spending.

Do not buy single player games that have DLC but are not available as complete/goty edition yet.

This is solid advice, especially considering Bethesda policy when it comes to DLC pricing (I finally got Dishonored 1's DLC when it hit a pricing error, since it was always more expensive than the GOTY), but I really wanted to play D2. :(

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Palpek posted:

Far Cry Primal was fun, but it was short as hell. I somehow accidentally stumbled upon the ultimate weapon like 10 hours in to the game, it made the rest trivial.

Whats a good FPS game not made by Bethesda, because gently caress them not supporting triple screen.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Edmond Dantes posted:

This is solid advice, especially considering Bethesda policy when it comes to DLC pricing (I finally got Dishonored 1's DLC when it hit a pricing error, since it was always more expensive than the GOTY), but I really wanted to play D2. :(
To be fair, I don't think Dishonored 2 is getting DLC so there won't be a GOTY.

Go ahead and get it, it's a solid and good game with some insanely detailed and amazing video game levels (the actual plot is so-so to bad but gameplay is top notch and levels are top tier)

They just announced at E3 they are making a Standalone Dishonored game where you go kill the outsider. This may have at one point been DLC planned but now it's it's own thing so enjoy!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

veedubfreak posted:

Whats a good FPS game not made by Bethesda, because gently caress them not supporting triple screen.

Bethesda doesn't really make FPS games (ok ok Fallout is arguable that). They have however published many good ones. Prey, Wolfenstein TNO/TOB, and Doom are all real good. I'm also sure you've played Metro 2033 + Last Light, Call of Juarez: Gunslinger, etc etc?

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Xaris posted:

To be fair, I don't think Dishonored 2 is getting DLC so there won't be a GOTY.

Go ahead and get it, it's a solid and good game with some insanely detailed and amazing video game levels (the actual plot is so-so to bad but gameplay is top notch and levels are top tier)

They just announced at E3 they are making a Standalone Dishonored game where you go kill the outsider. This may have at one point been DLC planned but now it's it's own thing so enjoy!

Oh, I thought the Daud thing was DLC. That's good news, cheers.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I wonder if Prey is too new or if it'll get a discount.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Xaris posted:

Bethesda doesn't really make FPS games (ok ok Fallout is arguable that). They have however published many good ones. Prey, Wolfenstein TNO/TOB, and Doom are all real good. I'm also sure you've played Metro 2033 + Last Light, Call of Juarez: Gunslinger, etc etc?

Went through both metro, doom is still problematic on triple screen. Forgot about the new Prey. I have Fallout 4 but it doesn't do ultrawide for poo poo without a ton of file hacks and gently caress that.

e: is the OG dishonored worth picking up?

veedubfreak fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Jun 22, 2017

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

Palpek posted:

I've never played a game so relentlessly mediocre than Andromeda. It's not even funny bad like Dragon Age II. I've thought about giving it a proper write-up but really you can summerize it like this:

Take a bunch of good interesting ideas. Figure out a way to present them in the blandest most predictable way possible. To fill in the gaps rehash any ideas already done in Mass Effect 1-3.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

veedubfreak posted:

Went through both metro, doom is still problematic on triple screen. Forgot about the new Prey. I have Fallout 4 but it doesn't do ultrawide for poo poo without a ton of file hacks and gently caress that.

Triple Screen is some pretty niche poo poo man. I dont think you can get too mad at a developer for not supporting it, at least at this point. I'm sure it would be nice (I only play games on 1 monitor despite a dual-monitor setup, and will probably continue to do so until i die) for those that do, but it just seems like a weird thing to be mad at. Even TB's 30fps brigade makes more sense for the general populace :shrug:

And yeah, Dishonored 1 is real good. Especially if you like Deus Ex, Thief, etc like games. It's an amazing setting, good story, and full of little things in a fleshed out world. It's also super cheap now I'm sure.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

veedubfreak posted:

Yes. The DLC is even better.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
They've already started the sale!

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Tuesday already?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Grapplejack posted:

I wonder if Prey is too new or if it'll get a discount.

:siren: it's 33% off - 40€

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Xaris posted:

Triple Screen is some pretty niche poo poo man. I dont think you can get too mad at a developer for not supporting it, at least at this point. I'm sure it would be nice (I only play games on 1 monitor despite a dual-monitor setup, and will probably continue to do so until i die) for those that do, but it just seems like a weird thing to be mad at. Even TB's 30fps brigade makes more sense for the general populace :shrug:

And yeah, Dishonored 1 is real good. Especially if you like Deus Ex, Thief, etc like games. It's an amazing setting, good story, and full of little things in a fleshed out world. It's also super cheap now I'm sure.

That's the thing. So many other games support it that it makes no sense for one of the bigger companies around to just absolutely ignore it.

Bethesda is the only game maker that has burned me. Every game I've bought while using triple screen has worked perfectly until I got to Fallout 4. Then come to find out that basically no Bethesda games work properly on triple screen, so now I do my research.

veedubfreak fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Jun 22, 2017

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

double nine posted:

:siren: it's 33% off - 40€

Called it. :smug:

How are you seeing that though.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Antti posted:

Called it. :smug:

How are you seeing that though.

How am I seeing what? I went to the pray store page and noted the price?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
For those that are interested, some games I just checked

Shovel Knight 20% off - $20
Hyper Light Drifter 50% off - $10
Dishonored 1 (Not GOTY) 75% off - $2.5
Dishonored 1 (GOTY) 50% off - $10
Dishonored 2 50% off - $20
Prey 34% off - $39.99
Cryptark 25% - $11.24
Nex Machina 20% off - $16
Resident Evil 7 40% off - $36
Yooka Laylee 25% off - $30
Everspace 20% off - $24
Night in the Woods 10% off? - $18?
Full Bore 75% off - $3.74
What Remains of Edith Finch 25% off - $15
Hitman Complete Bundle 66% off - $23.74

Xaris fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jun 22, 2017

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Prices aren't updating yet so that's probably why you aren't seeing it. I checked Tabletop Simulator and it was on sale on its game page, but not showing up on main page.

Also nothing on my wishlist is showing as on sale yet. I'd say just give it time to update.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Thanks Activision

I am tempted to grab Mafia III, but not like I have time to play it now, and it will probably be on sale even cheaper near the end of the year, which is probably when I'd get to play it. Everything else I'd want to play is either not on sale yet (Total War Warhammer, Xcom 2) or isn't cheap enough for me to buy (Tyranny, Torment)

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
e: ^^^^ Do NOT buy Mafia III.

This may obviously change in the next few hours because STEAMSALE but Darkest Dungeon has a package with the base game and its brand new DLC that is actually TWO BUCKS MORE than buying them separately.

Obviously the rule of not buying anything in the first few hours is strong here.

e: Oh, it also contains the soundtrack.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Dishonored 2's demo didn't really grab me but for $20 that might be enough.

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

Xaris posted:

For those that are interested, some games I just checked

Hyper Light Drifter - (e: was on frontpage, waiting for update)

Showed up briefly as 50% off (£7.49) for me.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
I noticed Sniper Elite 3 for $6, which seems pretty great for a recent well-regarded game.

EDIT: Ha, whoops. I was thinking 3 was the new one, didn't realize it was 4.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

double nine posted:

How am I seeing what? I went to the pray store page and noted the price?

Because I'm getting nothing but error pages as is typical?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I think I saw Dead Rising 2 OTR at 75% for $5.

• Locked thread