Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

MourningView posted:

You're gonna have to elaborate because he's like he exact opposite of Howard other than being tall

Bryant just had two or three of the ugliest post ups I've ever seen, and he took really awful looking forced threes that he couldn't hit, and while shooting jumpers isn't a Dwight Howard thing, insisting on doing something he's bad at is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

then flip em for more future second rounders or as a sweetener to ditch Okafor. Giving away picks for literally nothing is awful awful awful

agreed but you're way too upset. they just got fultz and made some solid other selections, don't be upset they aren't getting as many scratch offs as you'd like. it's a lot easier to talk your self into these guys than for them to actually be worth poo poo

i would have liked evans but it's cool. i'm not gonna stress out

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Morris is gonna have a long career as an extremely boring backup

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Jota posted:

agreed but you're way too upset. they just got fultz and made some solid other selections, don't be upset they aren't getting as many scratch offs as you'd like.

selling off picks for pocket change is what got the Suns in trouble

the owner going Scrooge out for gas money is never a good sign

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

and now i'm getting a bruce rauner commercial gently caress this poo poo

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

He was selling first round picks, though. Like really only 4-5 teams in the league manage to draft second rounders who make their teams more than half the time.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Rick posted:

Bryant just had two or three of the ugliest post ups I've ever seen, and he took really awful looking forced threes that he couldn't hit, and while shooting jumpers isn't a Dwight Howard thing, insisting on doing something he's bad at is.

He showed it off more as a freshman but has a pretty polished post game. And he shot like 38% from three last year, he's definitely not an outright bad jump shooter. His issue is that he's in crappy shape (relatively speaking) and is a bad athete

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

:siren: PACERS MAKE A TRADE :siren:

And get the 52nd pick for a Xavier dude...

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
I'm gonna miss Jae Crowder but this Ojeleye guy's arms are so big

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Kadeem Allen getting picked makes me happy and drat I'm agreeing with Bilias about Simmons, he really should've gone back.

MourningView posted:

He showed it off more as a freshman but has a pretty polished post game. And he shot like 38% from three last year, he's definitely not an outright back jump shooter. His issue is that he's in crappy shape (relatively speaking) and is a bad athete

Well it might just have been the games I saw, he looked very much to be out there for himself.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Rick posted:

Kadeem Allen getting picked makes me happy and drat I'm agreeing with Bilias about Simmons, he really should've gone back.

Well it might just have been the games I saw, he looked very much to be out there for himself.

He is definitely a complete black hole yeah

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Jota posted:

agreed but you're way too upset. they just got fultz and made some solid other selections, don't be upset they aren't getting as many scratch offs as you'd like. it's a lot easier to talk your self into these guys than for them to actually be worth poo poo

Hornets Twitter furious they dropped a few spots in the second round for cash when they managed to not gently caress up the important part of the draft for the first time in recent memory and are about to spend up to the tax line on a maybe playoff team

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

lol the suns were selling first round picks

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

it was a loving goaltend you gonzaga buttheads

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
:siren: :siren: news is in

rockets traded the 45th pick for a future second round pick from memphis

you may now return to being mad about your team selling picks for cash

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

chunkles posted:

:siren: :siren: news is in

Something Morey would never do as that isn't the min max solution.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

chunkles posted:

This is what you should do

quote:

This is what you should not do

But when you can get a free 100 grand, you just gotta do it

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

CharlestheHammer posted:

Something Morey would never do as that isn't the min max solution.

leslie will jack up the price of their lovely stadium burgers and have only free school volunteers as halftime entertainment, but he doesn't skimp on the team

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
Tim Connelly, a GM some people think is good, sold Rudy Gobert in the 1st round as recently as 2013.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
The only chance Blossomgame had of not sucking was getting drafted by the Spurs.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

and nobody's drafted yurt seven

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
imagine your team having the first overall pick in the draft ,the culmination of a years long process of the team being trash, and instead being so angry about your team selling the rights to a guy who might possibly be your team's backup point guard that you compare it to a team selling the 7th pick in the draft for cash instead of taking Luol Deng or Andre Iguodala.

selling picks probably isn't the best idea, but like just enjoy the night. it's a beautiful night :)

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

R.D. Mangles posted:

and nobody's drafted yurt seven

I believe he ended up going back.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Fire phil

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I hope this is the last year of Bilas.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

Rick posted:

I hope this is the last year of Bilas.

seems extremely likely that the vertical crew will take it over with Woj's group coming over.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Bush Did Outer Heaven posted:

Tim Connelly, a GM some people think is good, sold Rudy Gobert in the 1st round as recently as 2013.

I think he sucks, but I realize that NBA GM sucking is a spectrum that Connelly is not at the end of.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
WE DID IT

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Jota posted:

imagine your team having the first overall pick in the draft ,the culmination of a years long process of the team being trash, and instead being so angry about your team selling the rights to a guy who might possibly be your team's backup point guard that you compare it to a team selling the 7th pick in the draft for cash instead of taking Luol Deng or Andre Iguodala.

selling picks probably isn't the best idea, but like just enjoy the night. it's a beautiful night :)

If the stash guy turns out to be good than laugh at me. But I would rather have White, Hart, Evans, Browns etc on the team or in the G-League than not have them at all

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

G'day gentlemen. My phone is exhausted and so am I, but we both trusted the process.

https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/status/878105463237124096

https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/status/878105750773448704

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
ALPHA KABA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

kingcobweb posted:

I think he sucks, but I realize that NBA GM sucking is a spectrum that Connelly is not at the end of.

Oh, I agree that Connelly isn't anywhere near the worst at all--just interesting how quickly the market for selling picks has changed.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Rick, should I like Kadeem Allen?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I had PJ Dozier in the first for a little while so yeah I'm surprised he didn't get drafted at all. I think I saw the best game of Motley's career and was really high on him after that, but someone talked me out of him being good and the next time I saw him I saw that they were right.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Cam Oliver went undrafted

BC please

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Cool Buff Man posted:

Rick, should I like Kadeem Allen?

I'm not 100% sure he's an NBA quality player in athleticism, but he puts in a lot of effort, especially on defense. I could see Brad Stevens falling in love with him if the roster spot for him exists.

Arizona would've probably lost 3-4 games they won without him. He didn't like "win them by himself" but he did really turn things around.

Also Lonzo Ball is probably not excited at the prospect of him being in the league.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Rick posted:

I'm not 100% sure he's an NBA quality player in athleticism, but he puts in a lot of effort, especially on defense. I could see Brad Stevens falling in love with him if the roster spot for him exists.

Arizona would've probably lost 3-4 games they won without him. He didn't like "win them by himself" but he did really turn things around.

Also Lonzo Ball is probably not excited at the prospect of him being in the league.

I was hoping for a decent defensive big so it sounds like that's not a bad job at 53 or whatever it was

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

E: duck fake tweet but w/e OG is cool

I like this guy

Drunk Canuck fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Jun 23, 2017

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

I'm TELLING you, he has an S+ name, short shorts, an absurd combination of steal and block rate from college... no idea how he slipped that far in the draft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

• Locked thread