Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Found it It was Ravenswood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Kashuno posted:

Because it's the least useful way of going. If he is a Town mason, which I currently believe is true, it's better to force scum's hand on the kill before lylo. If he doesn't die closer to lylo, we can consider then?

Why do you believe him?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I have no reason not to

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Did probst even say what kind of information he is getting, or just that he passively received poo poo?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Kashuno posted:

I have no reason not to

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Deadline in two hours. We had no execution day one.

What's the case on YT?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

The case in YT is that he could have made up his claim because his partner is dead and his tracking target is absent (probst)

Covenitently probst has a role that doesn't go anywhere.

It's possible, but I think it's a bad case

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

##vote Probst

I'd rather do this.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
##vote probst lunch all lurkers

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Is added space still in this game?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I'm on board.

##vote Probst

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##vote Probst but I'd like people to remember

Quidthulhu posted:

##vote Probst

I'd rather do this.

Happening at the last minute to save YT if either of them turn out to be scum later.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
:redhammer:

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
lol nope I'm bad at reading votefinder

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I thought the five votes was before Keane and Opop votes because I'm a doofus

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Quidthulhu posted:

The case in YT is that he could have made up his claim because his partner is dead and his tracking target is absent (probst)

But, importantly, we have taste bread crumbing that he was masons with YT, so his claim is at least partly corroborated.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
##vote probst

I'll justify this in a sec, doing something.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
##vote probst

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

gif Probst (7): EXAKT Science, Pinterest Mom, EXAKT Science, Quidthulhu, EXAKT Science, CCKeane, Retro Futurist, Yorkshire Tea, Kashuno
Yorkshire Tea (3): Captain Foo, Hal Incandenza, Retro Futurist, Dhaes, Dhaes, Dhaes, Kashuno, Retro Futurist, Kashuno
EXAKT Science (0): Dhaes, Dhaes
Captain Foo (0): Quidthulhu, Yorkshire Tea, Quidthulhu, Yorkshire Tea
Retro Futurist (0): EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science
Pinterest Mom (0): EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science

Not Voting (2): Added Space, gif Probst

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 07th, 2017 at 7 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 2 hours, 17 minutes.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i just left work, give me a bit. no posty!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
flavor incoming soon, you all caught me unprepared.

gif Probst, Jake Bell, Town Party Host was executed day two!

The following players visited gif Probst over the course of the game. These names are in no order.

quote:

Yorkshire Tea
areyoucontagiousCCKeane
Jonathan Fisk

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
A week before the job, they met in town out by the junkyard. It was a meager base of operations, but all they really needed was storage and the chance to pick over some junkers. It's location five miles from Club Cockatoo was ideal too. Probst, their forger, was late as usual. He'd often blame his bum knee, as if that somehow impacted the speed at which he was driving. Four of them were out of errands, but there were seven members of the crew waiting for him in the yard. The lights came on as he pulled into the yard, and the gate came closed behind his car.

He stepped out, looking around in bemusement. "What is this, some kinda witches gathering?"

Probst was met with silence, until looking around awkwardly, Retro stepped forward. "Ah, geez. I guess they're making me do this, heh. Listen, nothing personal Probst, but you've been... absent a lot."

He wasn't quite there yet. "Yeah? What do you mean? It's not like I can make your fuckin' phony ID's and whatnot at a bar."

Yorkshire stepped up to assist. "Yeah, there's that, but buddy, do you even remember the last time you saw us?"

Probst was looking around, starting to panic. "Of course I do! I... it was the other week, I think! Who cares? What are you bastards up to? I'll show you, I've got dreams! You'll see, just read the papers and you'll see my dreams!"

A shot rang out. Probst fell to the ground, clutching at his throat. There was a hole there. Everyone turned to look at Kash. He shrugged. "You all were dragging it out."

gif Probst, Jake Bell, Town Party Host was executed night two!

drat if he wasn't telling the truth about those dreams.

It didn't make any sense, but it was right there in the funny papers. The strip he draw,
Frank Kaka, Private Eye had it all there in black and white. They were caricatures, sure, but they were recognizable. What's more, the story seemed to shift to match their context, like he was trying to say something without realizing it. Had he known what he was doing? Probst seemed less than lucid near the end, but there might still be something useful in there somewhere

The following players visited gif probst over the course of the game:

quote:

Yorkshire Tea
areyoucontagiousCCKeane
Jonathan Fisk

There wasn't time to dwell on it though, the job was upon them before they knew it.

Town was five miles away to the east, along the two-lane black-top road, moving gradually down the decline into the valley where the city was situated. From that, direction came an orange Volkswagen. It putted by the Club Cockatoo, with the characteristic cough of the VW. A Mile and a half further along there was an Esso station, closed for the night. The VW putted in there and stopped. The lights were shut off. The low, small silhouette of the car could hardly be seen in the dark - couldn't be seen at all unless you knew it was there. The driver got out and walked back down the road toward Club Cockatoo.

It was a Saturday night, so the parking lot was crowded. They walked through the ranks of cars to the line parked facing the side of the building. There was a door on the side, near the near, and the driver headed for that. The car nearest that side door was a black Buick.

Inside the Buick was the rest of the crew. The driver nodded at the man who had walked up to them, they got out and walked around to the front. Entering the club they wore dark suits, ties, and cocktail finery.

No building is safe from robbery, if a professional can get their hands on the blueprints. There were a few basic flaws in this particular building - from a robbery-proof viewpoint - that the Outfit had never considered before, but would have an opportunity to consider tonight.

NIGHT TWO BEGINS! 24 hours for night actions please and thank you.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Added Space, Parker, Town Inventor has disappeared night two!

Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (10): Captain Foo, CCKeane, Dhaes, EXAKT Science, Hal Incandenza, Kashuno, Pinterest Mom, Quidthulhu, Retro Futurist, Yorkshire Tea

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 11th, 2017 at 8 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 2 days, 18 hours.

flavor stuff incoming, feel free to post away. sorry for the delay, pushing the deadline back a day put me in a tough spot.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
##vote kashuno

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

suspicious that exakt didn't die imo

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

EXAKT Science posted:

##vote kashuno

why

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

AS is kind of an interesting NK target? Like, a lot of people seemed suspicious of him, and he's already given out most of his gifts by now so, why kill him

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

My first instinct would be something like "some/most of the people who expressed suspicion were scum, and realised that the case on him wouldn't go anywhere" but i'm not doing the work to figure out who that is tonight

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Oh, right, Keane has to explain his visiting gif + then voting, right.

Like, "I get dreams of random visits during the night; one scum one town one fake" doesn't track with the mod-text of "players that have visited gif specifically", and both YT and JF are accounted for so

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Pinterest Mom posted:

suspicious that exakt didn't die imo

literally what the gently caress

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

A bunch of empty shitposting day 1, more or less completely disappeared day 2 except to come back and hammer

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

EXAKT Science posted:

literally what the gently caress

i'm making fun of you

EXAKT Science posted:

A bunch of empty shitposting day 1, more or less completely disappeared day 2 except to come back and hammer

that's not a strong case

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
a bad hammer vote is a perfectly valid reason to vote someone

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
lmfao pmom has voted all of twice the entire game and that definitely feels like a scum move to me

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
A significant chunk of his posting is white noise or defenses of other players (kash, yt, AS), with little if anything that actually resembles scumhunting. His town read on AS was extremely certain as early as day 1, but he hasn't done much to actually effect the game state. The kill on taste makes me suspect him as well for somewhat meta reasons. I can elaborate on any of this is the morning but for now I'm going to bed and will ##vote Pinterest Mother

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
reminder that flavor is just flavor. read into subtext at your own risk.

Back at Club Cockatoo

There was a side door that led to a short hallway, which in turn, led to a bar. This hallway also opened onto a flight of stairs which led down to the gambling room. Someone going down these stairs would find themselves in another hallway with the main gambling room to their right. Directly across the hall, they would see the doors to the restrooms. Turning to their right and entering the main room, they would see that it was filled with tables of various kinds, and that along one wall there was a wire wicket, like a teller's cage in a bank, except that the wire enclosure extended to the ceiling. Behind this were the cashiers, with drawers full of money and chips. Behind the cashiers was a wall with a door in it. Turning around and going back to the hallway and thence the restrooms, they would discover that the restrooms and the cashiers' space shared a wall, and that the door led into the restrooms. This door was kept locked; it could be unlocked from either side only by a key. Each cashier had a key which they were required to turn in when going off duty.

The office was behind the cashiers' wicket, to the left of the restrooms. The door to the office was about eight feet to the left of the private door to the restrooms. This door was not kept locked; because the cashiers use it fairly often, clearing checks, bringing money in or taking money out, coming on or going off duty. The office was windowless, having an air-conditioner high on the outside wall, and the door to the cashiers' space was its only entrance. The three men who worked in the office were armed.

The advance guard entered the club and stopped at the bar long enough for a bottle of beer, then went downstairs to the gambling room. They entered the restrooms. Each quickly went into a stall and closed the door. They put on rubber masks which covered their faces completely, and waited. Patrons came and went.

They waited forty minutes before they heard the sound of a cashier's key. They heard a door open and close, they heard footsteps on the floor. They came out of the stalls.

They each had guns now - stubby English .32s. The cashier was a small, bald man with spectacles which reflected the light. He worse a white shirt with the sleeves rolled up, and his forearms were thin and pale and almost hairless.

Someone stepped up behind the cashier. "Turn around. Put your palms to the wall." Then they patted pockets until they found the key.

They marched the cashier into a stall and made him kneel down. A sap came out and the cashier was lowered gently to the tile floor. If there were no killing and no injuries needing hospital care, there would probably be no official squawk from this job. The club wouldn't be making any reports to the law if it could avoid it. If the job was clean and quiet, the law would never hear about it at all.

They closed the stall doors and went to the private door. It was promptly unlocked and they made their way through. They had guns in their pockets now, their right hands tucked into the same pockets.

To the left was a long table. Beyond that table was a door to the office. In front stretched the counter and the wire cage. All but one of the cashiers had their backs to them. This one sat at the table to the left, running an adding machine. He looked over when they entered through the doorway, and his eyes widened. He was the only one who could see the masks; the other cashiers were facing away and the customers and stickmen beyond the mesh were too far away to see what was happening. Anyone looking through the wicket toward the dim area by the back wall wouldn't realize that those pale, expressionless faces weren't faces at all.

"Come here. Be nice and quiet. There was a steady flow of noises from behind the wire, the rustle of conversation and clatter of chips. None of the cashiers heard the call.

The man at the adding machine got to this feet. He understood now, and he was terrified. He was blinking rapidly behind his glasses, and his hands gripped each other at the waist. He came over slowly.

One of them spoke again "Stand in front of me." A gun came out and was shown to the man. "We all have won. Do you understand?

The man nodded convulsively.

Club Cockatoo had been bothering Barry for seven years, and he felt relieved when he discovered a justifiable reason for knocking it over. He had rolled the job into the overall scheme.

By morning, the crew was six hundred miles away from the club. They stopped to see just how much they'd taken.

And yeah, they got aware with the score. The plan went perfectly. However, while they were hitting The Outfit, someone was hitting back.

Many miles away, an apartment complex burned down. It took a while for the news to reach the crew, but when it did, they reeled. One of the best of them had disappeared. Despite the entire complex burning down, only a couple bodies appeared in the aftermath. Some demon, some human. There was no way of telling who was what, but regardless, Parker had dropped off the grid. Their fate seemed certain enough.

Added Space, Parker, Town Inventor disappeared night two!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Count me in the group that can't understand why town hero EXAKT was not killed in the night

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Also I want a subscription to THE LOWDOWN

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

EXAKT Science posted:

lmfao pmom has voted all of twice the entire game and that definitely feels like a scum move to me

Twice in two game days doesn't really seem that strange?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Twice in two game days doesn't really seem that strange?

It seems entirely consistent.

• Locked thread