Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

mafia edit im a moron, ayc became keane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Captain Foo posted:

mafia edit im a moron, ayc became keane

And what a stunning change it was. *flexes*

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i'm old enough to remember hal threatening to do something interesting

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Retro Futurist posted:

I mean if YT were going to make up a fake claim, the fact that Fisk gave him a vague statement about sending him a message would be a good start

Okay enough of this.

I goddamn forgot that Fisk had even said that in the thread. When I initially claimed I didn't mention that post at all, everyone thought I was lying and I almost died.

Were I making a false claim I assume I'd be competent enough to remember the goddamn thing that would have let me make the false claim.

I was in a masonry with Fisk and I undid a scum janitor seconds after it happened. That is not scum play and if it is it's amazingly stupid, seeing how close I came to dying yesterday. You know at the very least Fisk and I visited the same target on N1 which is consistent with how I described our JOAT mechanic.

In the absolute worst case I'm a serial killer that was in a masonry. But honest to god how likely is that? Somber's good with setting up roles that are unconventional, but Serial Killer JOAT Mason is a bit much and I didn't visit anyone who died N1 or N2.

Beyond that and more likely I'm third party or town.

If I'm third party, yes, potentially I'm a threat later in the game. But I play third party as town since scum are much more likely to be able to kill me at night than town are.

If I'm town, I'm town.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'm thinking YT is goofy town, taking a HOT LOOK.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

YT's arguments and posts make sense for how YT plays, based on my interactions with him: They're all logically consistent, just whacky. He's the Clarence Thomas of mafia.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Take a look at YT's arguments for no voting day one - it seems to mirror his latest posts w/r/t his masonry and role with Fisk.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Hal Incandenza posted:

well who would you shoot? yourself?

This is a much more interesting question.

If you're unsure of who to vig and the day is running out vig me. I'll flip town but I'll confirm another flip doing it which is an okay value trade.

If you choose not to do that and want a target, pick Foo.

In the case that he flips scum, the people he's been placing suspicion on like Quid and Pmom are now more likely to be town favoured and therefore easier for you to deal with.

In the case that he flips town, you have similar intelligence on Quid and myself for suggesting that you vig him.

I think the worst case there is still pretty okay for you personally and for town.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CCKeane posted:

Take a look at YT's arguments for no voting day one - it seems to mirror his latest posts w/r/t his masonry and role with Fisk.

To be clear: I think YT's hot takes were very much in the vain of "I AM RIGHT EVEN IF IT GETS ME VOTED" which is a mistake, of course, dying on that particular hill is absurd.

That said, his dying on the masonry hill and how towny he was also strikes me the same way. I think I'm off YT.

That said, THIS POST:

Retro Futurist posted:

I mean if YT were going to make up a fake claim, the fact that Fisk gave him a vague statement about sending him a message would be a good start

Now that got me thinking.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

CCKeane posted:

YT's arguments and posts make sense for how YT plays, based on my interactions with him: They're all logically consistent, just whacky. He's the Clarence Thomas of mafia.

A large problem I have is that I've never actually been scum in any of my games of mafia.

So whenever I'm trying to imagine what a scum player might do, I just end up saying weird things because I've not actually done it myself and probably imagine a world that's completely different to what actually happens.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Eh, RF doesn't look as bad as I thought, looking at the post history.

Not spectacular, but it's got SOME TAKES.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'll be honest at this point most of my scum read on YT is based on stubborness

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Yorkshire Tea posted:

This is a much more interesting question.

If you're unsure of who to vig and the day is running out vig me. I'll flip town but I'll confirm another flip doing it which is an okay value trade.

If you choose not to do that and want a target, pick Foo.

In the case that he flips scum, the people he's been placing suspicion on like Quid and Pmom are now more likely to be town favoured and therefore easier for you to deal with.

In the case that he flips town, you have similar intelligence on Quid and myself for suggesting that you vig him.

I think the worst case there is still pretty okay for you personally and for town.

i don't think this artificial 50/50 distinction is good, there are plenty of other targets tbh

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

like pinmom, pinmom could be vigged and i'd be happy

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

or kash!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

or quidgnu/ose!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I don't think YT is a good choice at this point.

Kashuno will probably never really participate again since JoJo is so time consuming for him, let me look him over and see if he actually seems scummy though. He's a tough read.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

##vote Foo

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I still don't think Foo is really actually casing anyone. He's just repeating his old thoughts and repackaging them.

YT's chain-dunk stuff is bad but I think it's more likely he's bad at this point rather than scum

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidthulhu posted:

You could shoot Foo too, I think he's been pretty not helpful still!

Also I still don't like Keane's claim.

You mean Keane's "oh yeah my result on probst made me think he was scum" ?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Captain Foo posted:

[quote edited for order of actual stuck votes]

Of these people that voted to lynch town, a couple of them are already on my scumdar (pinmom, quid)

pinmom: throws out a contextless vote shortly after refusing an answer on who she thinks is scum
Quidthulhu: says "i'd rather do this" [voting gif rather than YT, who was building momentum]
EXAKT: hops on the vote, with >lynch all lurkers< and a stated preference to lynch anyone rather than no-lynch again
Keane: is "on board" with a gif lynch.
RF: same as keane, notes that quid emphasized swinging the vote
-> at this point it's 4 votes in 14 minutes and 5 posts, about 2 hours ahead of deadline
YT: says she(?) will justify her vote shortly but two minutes later
Kash: says nothing and hammers

Like this post, this basically says "everyone looks scummy." Ok?? How is this casing?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Hal Incandenza posted:

You mean Keane's "oh yeah my result on probst made me think he was scum" ?

Yes. With a confirmed town flip from probst I am struggling to see what role I am missing that would have lead Keane to believe probst was scum

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Why would anyone assume Keane was telling the truth?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Quidthulhu posted:

I still don't think Foo is really actually casing anyone. He's just repeating his old thoughts and repackaging them.

YT's chain-dunk stuff is bad but I think it's more likely he's bad at this point rather than scum

Why is it bad? I was asked who to vig and gave a target with reasoning.

Honest to god this is what's so frustrating about playing mafia. I've no idea what good or bad play even begins to look like.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Retro Futurist posted:

Why would anyone assume Keane was telling the truth?

I'm very handsome.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Why is it bad? I was asked who to vig and gave a target with reasoning.

Honest to god this is what's so frustrating about playing mafia. I've no idea what good or bad play even begins to look like.

I think you've improved a lot since you were Spreadsheet Tea.

Don't listen to Quid, 6 years and he's still not sure what good play is :wotwot:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CCKeane posted:

I'm very handsome.

This folio of tasteful nudes says otherwise

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

None of us know what good/bad play is like we're just here to party

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Retro Futurist posted:

None of us know what good/bad play is like we're just here to party

Everything I learned I learned from you, senpai!

Like... do NOT go into the temple during the special event in Assassin's Creed Mafia.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Hal Incandenza posted:

This folio of tasteful nudes says otherwise

Haha yeah like there are nude photos where my face is visible smh smh

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Quidthulhu posted:

Like this post, this basically says "everyone looks scummy."

no it doesn't

and you're ignoring the part of my game where i made actual cases

it's just that one of them was against u

and imo u been tiltin' at me ever since :sun:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Quidthulhu posted:

Yes. With a confirmed town flip from probst I am struggling to see what role I am missing that would have lead Keane to believe probst was scum

I'm sorry to hear that.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Captain Foo (2): Kashuno, Quidthulhu
Pinterest Mom (2): EXAKT Science, Kashuno, Pinterest Mom, Captain Foo, EXAKT Science, Kashuno, Captain Foo, Captain Foo
Kashuno (1): EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science, Dhaes

Not Voting (5): CCKeane, EXAKT Science, Hal Incandenza, Retro Futurist, Yorkshire Tea

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 11th, 2017 at 8 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 21 hours, 34 minutes.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I am genuinely surprised to not see votes on me uh...

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Kashuno posted:

I am genuinely surprised to not see votes on me uh...

other people are acting scummy, you're just being a shithead

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Captain Foo posted:

i don't think this artificial 50/50 distinction is good, there are plenty of other targets tbh

Yes, but I think the downside risk on vigging you is the lowest in the game bar me.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Now that FFV is over I see a lot of similarities behind his play there and his play here. He was town there.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Yes, but I think the downside risk on vigging you is the lowest in the game bar me.

why would you think that

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Captain Foo posted:

why would you think that

Because you're talkative and people have been engaging with you.

If you die and flip town we have a lot of interactions where people cast suspicion on you to look at. That's almost good as a town misvig can get really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Also lol I just remembered that I also breadcrumbed Jack of all Trades in my first post of the game:

Yorkshire Tea posted:

I know it's a faux pas to talk about other games, but I joined this because I was certain I was going to die in FF mafia.

Yay!

I'm going to have to find a way to jot down roles in two games at once now without going insane!

• Locked thread