Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Quidthulhu posted:

As bad as YT's theoretical meta focus crap has been and as much as I'd like him to be scum to smugdog the whole thing...

Why would YT, as scum, come out and claim a masonry unprompted w/ Fisk?

just lmfao @ this post, dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Votecount for Day 2

Yorkshire Tea (4): Captain Foo, Hal Incandenza, Retro Futurist, Dhaes
gif Probst (1): EXAKT Science

Not Voting (7): Added Space, areyoucontagious, gif Probst, Kashuno, Pinterest Mom, Quidthulhu, Yorkshire Tea

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 07th, 2017 at 7 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 1 day, 5 hours.

Enough people messaged me about it that I'll move deadline to tomorrow, make sure you do something with it! I still have more posts itt than a few of you.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

In order for this to make sense, he'd have to have been in an unconfirmed masonry with Fisk. Possible, but since it's pretty apparent the scum team is the one janitoring, why bring it up at all? Fisk had never mentioned being a mason, and presumably the scumteam would know if their janitoring would clear up or not later.

If he KNOWS it's a temporary janitor then he could presumably be trying to cover his poo poo but again, there would not be 'confirmed' in his flip so again, why not just keep quiet about his involvement?

Furthermore there's the risk of a watcher having watched probs to confirm the story or not.

And more importantly - why have the scumteam kill Fisk? He'd be in a much better position to try to control where the JOAT goes with him alive, ESPECIALLY since he was the one who controlled the target.

I think YT is town guys. Doesn't make sense to come out in the open with this as scum.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Long deadlines are death

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Quidthulhu posted:

In order for this to make sense, he'd have to have been in an unconfirmed masonry with Fisk. Possible, but since it's pretty apparent the scum team is the one janitoring, why bring it up at all? Fisk had never mentioned being a mason, and presumably the scumteam would know if their janitoring would clear up or not later.

If he KNOWS it's a temporary janitor then he could presumably be trying to cover his poo poo but again, there would not be 'confirmed' in his flip so again, why not just keep quiet about his involvement?

Furthermore there's the risk of a watcher having watched probs to confirm the story or not.

And more importantly - why have the scumteam kill Fisk? He'd be in a much better position to try to control where the JOAT goes with him alive, ESPECIALLY since he was the one who controlled the target.

I think YT is town guys. Doesn't make sense to come out in the open with this as scum.

:agreed:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Captain Foo posted:

just lmfao @ this post, dude

It was a logical post, I'd like to understand what your issue with it was

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I kinda want to vote Foo, just because the part two days he's been chastising literally everyone for any choice they're making but what has he contributed??

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Kashuno posted:

It was a logical post, I'd like to understand what your issue with it was

It requires an understanding of what the scum abilites and strategy are

town is not in a place to know them right now ( on later days there can be more constraints because town has more information and actions of they own)

Therefore I can only judge on what I saw, which seemed like scummy play to me

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Kashuno posted:

Long deadlines are death

So is two days of apathy no lynch.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

##vote Foo

I think that's a bad response. It's one thing to call my commentary dumb and unhelpful but you presented your comment as a response to me being disingenuous with my approach, while at the same time are now backtracking and still kinda casually throwing out shade, without actually doing anything about it or analyzing anything else.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

##vote gif probst

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Quid you argument was disingenuous before and but silly and wrong now

so I voted u then and laughed at u now

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

So you don't think I'm scum? What does ridiculing my scumhunting and contributing nothing do to help us find scum?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Did you miss the part where I made my case and voted for someone? Someone that I obviously find scummier than you right now, because I'm voting them and not you?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Pinterest Mom posted:

##vote gif probst

if you're scum, not your best interest to vote me today. i have some interesting dreams.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

gif Probst posted:

if you're scum, not your best interest to vote me today. i have some interesting dreams.

😐

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

gif Probst posted:

🤔

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

gif Probst posted:

That's interesting because YT said you didn't go anywhere.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Gif that translates to [if you are town vote me] so idk what you're going for bud

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Captain Foo posted:

Gif that translates to [if you are town vote me] so idk what you're going for bud

This is a logical fallacy.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Quidthulhu posted:

That's interesting because YT said you didn't go anywhere.

i dont visit anyone. i receive three dreams at night, one fake, one town visiting someone, one scum visiting someone. i only find out who is making visits and not who they target. its completely passive and i dont get to target players, but when i die, all of my dreams leak into the thread.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

What'd you get last night

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Quidthulhu posted:

This is a logical fallacy.

I suppose that's true, now that I think about it

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Pinterest Mom posted:

I want to kill literally everybody but Hal, AS, and Foo this game sucks.

u suck

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Quidthulhu posted:

I kinda want to vote Foo, just because the part two days he's been chastising literally everyone for any choice they're making but what has he contributed??

this is the scummiest thing you've posted all game, quid

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

gif Probst posted:

i dont visit anyone. i receive three dreams at night, one fake, one town visiting someone, one scum visiting someone. i only find out who is making visits and not who they target. its completely passive and i dont get to target players, but when i die, all of my dreams leak into the thread.

can you tell us what your dreams are?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
see the frustrating thing is that there was so much talk about how useless day 1 was and that became a self-fulfilling prophecy because we got so few votes and no flip so we have poo poo for information. That's what makes day 1 useful, for the record, is that people vote and that information combined with the flip. Especially now that Taste's flip is a secret, we've got to work with what we have

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

You realize, of course, that everything I say is horseshit.
##vote exakt science

seeing a lot of talk of game theory and not much substance about players

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

did ayc die irl where the gently caress is he today

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

Quidthulhu posted:

no. it doesn't work that way. he was janitored so mason doesnt even have to exist he can say whatever the gently caress he wants to say about fisk

X gets janitored then scum "oh yeah X and i were confirmed mason joats but not i cant do anything since he is dead WELP"

you are so obtuse

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yorkshire Tea posted:

You're a poo poo claim.

What was your and fisks flavor?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Dhaes posted:

##vote exakt science

seeing a lot of talk of game theory and not much substance about players

was literally compiling a post of vote histories before my partner made me put my computer away gently caress off

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Jonathan Fisk posted:

respond to my pm, yorkie

huh you know this corroborates some degree of mason claim. without a flip it isn't confirmed and in fact I would doubt if it were to begin with but I think we can infer from this post that taste and YT at least had a masonry

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

EXAKT Science posted:

was literally compiling a post of vote histories before my partner made me put my computer away gently caress off

so where it at

:allears:

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
uuuuuuuuugh I was going to make a big post with every vote from day 1 but my tabs got all screwed up but after a reread:

Retro Futurist didn't vote all of yesterday except to come in near deadline and drop a useless vote on Captain Foo. Today he put down this vote:

Retro Futurist posted:

##vote yt

Can we not mess it up today please

and then followed it up with this post

Retro Futurist posted:

Yeah I'd switch to probst. YT is going to be a target for investigations tonight so we can keep him for a bit

also most of his posting has been very mafia dad and echoing game advice that other players have given. He hasn't cased or added any original thought to the game. This ties in with another of my scumreads, YT. Yesterday their only vote was a jokevote on Hal:

Yorkshire Tea posted:

##vote Hal Incandenza

Getting in before he policy votes me!

a vote that was rescinded once jokephase ended and Hal called them on it:

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Oh poo poo am I still doing that?

##unvote

Has yet to case or vote anyone beyond that, and is posting a lot about a set of claims that we cannot remotely prove. This interaction also reads to me like scum/scum:

Retro Futurist posted:

##vote yt

Can we not mess it up today please

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Look the only thing I can say is that I wouldn't take a risk like that as scum to generate information and I wouldn't name gif unless I'd actually tracked the guy.

Like honestly as town the worst case scenario for me is dying and confirming two flips for you as well as a night action, which is a really, really, good worst case.

This is a garbage vote though.

For a third scumread, AYC's behavior yesterday smells bad to me. This is their first vote:

areyoucontagious posted:

##vote Yorkshire only because I feel left out on all this voting and who am I to not follow policy

It reads to me like a forced joke, and being in joke phase and an earlier vote in the game, is a prime time for scum to vote a scumbuddy. They then switch to Kash:

areyoucontagious posted:

Kash is the scummiest player imo. All his posts have been stupid bullshit and his case and vote on quid is bad.

##vote kash

that's not a real case, even for day 1. Then, end of day, near deadline, we get this:

areyoucontagious posted:

Are we voting probst or no kill? I think I'd prefer no kill probst said he was coming back

it does nothing to advance the gamestate, and is asking permission to kill someone, which is the sort of reluctance I associate with a scum who wants to diffuse responsibility. Also they have yet to post this gameday.

YT is already close to under a hammer so for now ##vote Opop but I'm more than willing to switch to either of the other two

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Dhaes posted:

so where it at

:allears:

:boom:

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
okay I'm going to bed. I should be around sporadically tomorrow, but the people in the thread who aren't playing mafia need to step up and start posting. Probst has ten loving posts and multiple players haven't posted today

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Hal Incandenza posted:

What was your and fisks flavor?

We are Jacob and Isaac Lawless, brothers who haven't seen each other in a long time. My character is part of the crew and cajoles him into joining.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

hereby rescinding my rating of EXAKT as garbage-tier <3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale