Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

Flips
NO ONE was executed day one!
Jonathan Fisk, ???, ???? ????? disappeared night one!
gif Probst, Jake Bell, Town Party Host was executed day two!
Added Space, Parker, Town Inventor has disappeared night two!
Pinterest Mom, The Worm, Town Rolecop, was killed day three!
Captain Foo, Gnarly, Town Doctor was executed day three!
Yorkshire Tea ???, ???? ????? vanished night three!

1. Added Space
  2. Captain Foo
  3. CCKeane
  4. Dhaes
  5. EXAKT Science
  6. gif Probst
  7. Hal Incandenza
  8. Kashuno
  9. Pinterest Mom
  10. Quidthulhu
  11. Retro Futurist
  12. Yorkshire Tea
  13. Jonathan Fisk

Replacements
Asiina was replaced by Quidthulhu.
BottleKnight was replaced by Jonathan Fisk.
areyoucontagious was replaced by CCKeane.

There were thirteen of them to start, not counting the jug marker, the man with the plan. The number was an accident, growing a step or two at a time. With professionals, that’s just the way it is. You didn’t make a career out of crime without finding someone you could trust along the way, and once you did you wanted them at your back on a job. Of course, anytime you trust someone you accept the possibility that there’s a chance you’re going to get burned. No one thinks it could happen to them, right?

The opening of the Underworld had changed the world less than you would have thought. People are adaptable, and once you’ve seen one seven-foot tall horned monster in a suit, you’ve seen them all. Most criminals, professionals at least, knew they were damned one way or the other. All this did was open up a whole new world of action. Sure, most devils were tougher and meaner than any human you ever met, if you crossed a demon they might literally eat you, but they had to play by certain rules. That was more than you could hope for with most people.

The job wasn’t simple. Why else split the pot thirteen ways? No one knew more than they needed to, except for Barry(Barbas, actually, but don’t let him hear you say that). The thing was, this wasn’t your everyday kinda heist. No, they were going to hit the Outfit, and they were going to hit them so hard, the Outfit wouldn’t hit back.

At least, that was the plan, until Barry took a dive from a four-story window.

Barbas, Tao Jones, Town Vanilla, died night zero!

You’d have to be stupid not to get the picture, and most stupid criminals make their home in either the graveyard or the prison yard. Someone had turned. With how the syndicate hadn’t hesitated to send Barry back to the Underworld in broad daylight, probably several someones. Barry’s death was a called shot, as if to say “We know, and you’re next.” The Outfit thought they knew the score. Maybe they did, at one point.

What happens next is a story about what happens when you tell thirteen dangerous criminals; humans, monsters, and monsters that happen to look human, that they can’t trust the person standing next to them.

hello & welcome to my mafia about crime-monsters.

this is a game for thirteen players. if there are an over-abundance of signups, i'll do a lottery with preference going to new/returning players. i think a bunch of games just started so that probably won't happen but who knows!!

there are a couple caveats about this game i want to get in here. this shouldn't be too buckwild of a setup but there are a few curveballs and non-standard role inclusions. the goal is that no one should be able to solve the game through pure setup speculation. i probably won't make everyone a death miller but i reserve the right to. you can't get mad at me for it so just don't try it mister! the other caveat is that my schedule is weird and i really like to write flavor so sometimes nights take longer than 24 hours.

We're aiming for a Monday evening start if possible.

Rules
1. Don't be a dick, I'll tell you if you're getting too personal.
2. No Krells. Sorry Krell.
3. Please no lurko. What constitutes lurking is at my discretion, but try for at least ten posts a day.
4. Do not post ANYTHING at all after hammer, or what you think to be hammer. No twilight unless specified. First time is a warning, second time your team gets penalized.
5. Don't post anything influential after you die. If you're not sure then just run it by me.
6. Flavor is just flavor. Read into it at your own peril. Like for real.
7. No replacements after D2, don't screw over your team by ducking out if you can help it.
8. Do not quote your role pm itt. If you have private communication with another player, you still may not share any portion of your role pm with them.
9. Please don't fake day actions.
10. Death millers! !!

Somberbrero fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jul 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

Captain Foo posted:

I'll play but only if u make me a death Miller op

hi captain foo!!! it is good to see you!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

Asiina posted:

Did you advertise this Somber? I didn't see I just happened to actually be browsing the game room. Who even does that?

Is that a signup?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

I'll advertise more once I actually finish writing

alternatively i'll pivot and we'll run at 9.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

That's -1 to start by my count, unless Asiina actually signed up. I'll work hard to finish up as fast as possible so we can get moving!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

I gotta cover for a sick dork at work, roles will go out by 9:40pm cst tonight and the game will start shortly after. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Dhaes posted:

can i be not-VT please and thank you

i will strictly adhere to the rng thank you very much

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

roles have been assigned, proofing and then sending them out.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

everything is out, let me know if i hosed up. feel free to start playing, game starts now. i'll do a proper introduction once i've taken care of all the housekeeping stuff. thanks for your patience!

edit: deadline is going to be awkward no matter what but hit me up if you have suggestions on that.

Somberbrero fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Jun 29, 2017

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

Barry had been planning this heist for years, ever since he found out how much the Saint Dominic's Cathedral black tie benefit usually took in.

It was the plan everyone was most familiar with, Barry couldn't help himself from sharing the idea if he knew you well enough. What's more, is that it was a well known fact that the Vargas stored a significant portion of their slush fund at Saint Dominic's. Some theorized it was for a little extra protection from demons, but who knows. It was also well known that while demons could walk on church ground, they generally considered it impolite.

What Barry thought, is that where else would Father Grant put his money than where it was safest? That is, with the Vargas family's own stash. While Father Grant was making the deposit, most of the Vargas crew would be working the event itself, with several members being alumni, they would want some extra protection. It made this the perfect opportunity to get both scores in one go.

The Outfit presumed that with the death of their leader, this independent crew would fall apart without any further action necessary. In this, the Outfit underestimated the scope of their ambitions, and their tolerance for bloodshed. At Portshead, several miles out of town, they met weeks before to go over the plans. It was still warm, almost even temperate. That would all change before long.

It would be the last time all thirteen of them sat down together.

DAY ONE BEGINS!

Votecount for Day 1

BottleKnight (2): Dhaes, Added Space
Pinterest Mom (1): gif Probst
Added Space (1): BottleKnight

Not Voting (9): areyoucontagious, Asiina, Captain Foo, EXAKT Science, Hal Incandenza, Kashuno, Pinterest Mom, Retro Futurist, Yorkshire Tea

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 03rd, 2017 at 7 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 4 days, 20 hours.

This is a huge window for a deadline, make sure you have ten posts in by the end of day one. It''ll be More Fun™. Hit me up if you have any questions about your role. Have fun nerds!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

Quidthulhu has joined the party! Everyone say 'Hi Quidthulhu.'

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

Quick poll, would you prefer a Friday evening deadline? Given the level of discussion, I think it'd work. Please PM here or on Discord, don't let it pollute the thread.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

The consensus seems to be that Monday works best. Deadline stays, although you can always end the day early.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

Jonathan Fisk replaces BottleKnight!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

Votecount for Day 1

Quidthulhu (2): Captain Foo, Kashuno
areyoucontagious (2): Quidthulhu, EXAKT Science
Dhaes (1): Kashuno, Quidthulhu, Kashuno, Quidthulhu, Pinterest Mom
Hal Incandenza (1): Quidthulhu, Quidthulhu, Yorkshire Tea
Lynch No One! (1): Jonathan Fisk
Pinterest Mom (1): gif Probst
Yorkshire Tea (1): areyoucontagious
gif Probst (1): Dhaes
EXAKT Science (0): Captain Foo, Kashuno, Captain Foo, Kashuno
Jonathan Fisk (0): Dhaes, Added Space, Kashuno, Dhaes, Added Space, Kashuno
Captain Foo (0): Dhaes, Dhaes
Kashuno (0): Quidthulhu, Quidthulhu
Added Space (0): Jonathan Fisk, Dhaes, EXAKT Science, Quidthulhu, Quidthulhu, EXAKT Science, Jonathan Fisk, Dhaes

Not Voting (3): Added Space, Hal Incandenza, Retro Futurist

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 03rd, 2017 at 7 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 21 hours, 50 minutes.

I'm not going to stress too much with the holiday weekend, the only player who needs more posts is gif probst. Do some more before deadline please grody.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

no extensions, do or die.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

Final Votecount for Day 1

gif Probst (4): Dhaes, Pinterest Mom, Hal Incandenza, EXAKT Science
Quidthulhu (2): Captain Foo, Kashuno, Kashuno, Kashuno
Captain Foo (1): Dhaes, Dhaes, Retro Futurist
Lynch No One! (1): Jonathan Fisk
areyoucontagious (1): Quidthulhu, EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science
Yorkshire Tea (1): areyoucontagious, gif Probst, areyoucontagious
Kashuno (1): Quidthulhu, Quidthulhu, areyoucontagious
EXAKT Science (0): Captain Foo, Kashuno, Captain Foo, Kashuno
Dhaes (0): Kashuno, Quidthulhu, Kashuno, Quidthulhu, Pinterest Mom, Pinterest Mom
Hal Incandenza (0): Quidthulhu, Quidthulhu, Yorkshire Tea, Yorkshire Tea
Jonathan Fisk (0): Dhaes, Added Space, Kashuno, Dhaes, Added Space, Kashuno
Pinterest Mom (0): gif Probst, gif Probst
Added Space (0): Jonathan Fisk, Dhaes, EXAKT Science, Quidthulhu, Quidthulhu, EXAKT Science, Jonathan Fisk, Dhaes

Not Voting (2): Added Space, Yorkshire Tea

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 03rd, 2017 at 7 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

No one was executed day one!

Somberbrero fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jul 4, 2017

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

But this year, Barry had a connection at the bank. They tipped him off to the scheduled arrival of the armored transport.

Of course, it wouldn't.

Tune in for the thrilling conclusion next time, on day two!

NIGHT ACTIONS! You have 24 hours to submit them. If you have a power that you're not using, let me know.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

I know it's an American holiday, but I gotta hold to the night action deadline to get us back on track. You have three and half hours to submit night actions!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

Barry had been right, this job was even easier than it looked on paper. A skeleton crew in the bank, a deserted city around them. Two minutes of risk to walk away with a cool million, ready to be divided up. It would have all gone perfectly too, if someone hadn't called the cops four minutes before they arrived.

They all got away. Well, maybe. The thing is, no one was entirely sure about that part. See, the money was missing. Gone. Poof. As far as they could tell, the Syndicate didn't have it, but they didn't either. Somewhere between Point A and Point B, it had just disappeared. What was more troubling, at least to some less financially motivated members of the crew, was the disappearance of Fisk. There was a week inbetween their play and their next meet, time for everything to cool down a bit. That was when he'd fallen off the face of the earth. The usual scrying spells did nothing, his motel room was locked and there was no cctv footage of him walking off with a big bag of money. It was like he had just walked off the face of the Earth.

The question was, had he somehow taken the money in the confusion? Was this a Syndicate move that was right now beyond their understanding? Was it all just the kind of cosmic coincidence that those in the business treat with equal parts contempt and awe?

Who can say?

Jonathan Fisk, ???, ???? ????? disappeared night one!

That wasn't the end of the story, of course. Barry had planned for setbacks. Counted on them, even. If the Outfit felt like they were winning, well, that'd make it all the easier to hit them even harder.

What happened next isn't something I can get out in one piece, not all at once. The crew had made sure to split up after their last job. One by one they collected themselves, moving up along the coast. The job involved travel.

The job involved a lot of phone calls, untraceable and anonymous.

The job involved a lot of petty theft, to prime the pump.

But, most importantly, the job involved Club Cockatoo

DAY TWO BEGINS!

Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (12): Added Space, areyoucontagious, Captain Foo, Dhaes, EXAKT Science, gif Probst, Hal Incandenza, Kashuno, Pinterest Mom, Quidthulhu, Retro Futurist, Yorkshire Tea

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 06th, 2017 at 7 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 2 days.

Somberbrero fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jul 4, 2017

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

if you don't post at all during this gameday you will be freely dunkable day three.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

Send me a pm if you'd like me to extend deadline to tomorrow.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

Added Space posted:

Your mailbox is full.

Cleared some space, sorry!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

Votecount for Day 2

Yorkshire Tea (4): Captain Foo, Hal Incandenza, Retro Futurist, Dhaes
gif Probst (1): EXAKT Science

Not Voting (7): Added Space, areyoucontagious, gif Probst, Kashuno, Pinterest Mom, Quidthulhu, Yorkshire Tea

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 07th, 2017 at 7 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 1 day, 5 hours.

Enough people messaged me about it that I'll move deadline to tomorrow, make sure you do something with it! I still have more posts itt than a few of you.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

areyoucontagious has not posted yet today and will be freely dunkable day three if they do not do so before deadline. CCKeane will be replacing ayc.

I don't like enforcing posting minimums because you are all adults with lives outside of a forums Mafia game, but the lurking is a problem. You will need to make five posts on day three or be freely dunkable day four. There is no reason anyone can not achieve that.

Somberbrero fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Jul 7, 2017

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

i just left work, give me a bit. no posty!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

flavor incoming soon, you all caught me unprepared.

gif Probst, Jake Bell, Town Party Host was executed day two!

The following players visited gif Probst over the course of the game. These names are in no order.

quote:

Yorkshire Tea
areyoucontagiousCCKeane
Jonathan Fisk

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

A week before the job, they met in town out by the junkyard. It was a meager base of operations, but all they really needed was storage and the chance to pick over some junkers. It's location five miles from Club Cockatoo was ideal too. Probst, their forger, was late as usual. He'd often blame his bum knee, as if that somehow impacted the speed at which he was driving. Four of them were out of errands, but there were seven members of the crew waiting for him in the yard. The lights came on as he pulled into the yard, and the gate came closed behind his car.

He stepped out, looking around in bemusement. "What is this, some kinda witches gathering?"

Probst was met with silence, until looking around awkwardly, Retro stepped forward. "Ah, geez. I guess they're making me do this, heh. Listen, nothing personal Probst, but you've been... absent a lot."

He wasn't quite there yet. "Yeah? What do you mean? It's not like I can make your fuckin' phony ID's and whatnot at a bar."

Yorkshire stepped up to assist. "Yeah, there's that, but buddy, do you even remember the last time you saw us?"

Probst was looking around, starting to panic. "Of course I do! I... it was the other week, I think! Who cares? What are you bastards up to? I'll show you, I've got dreams! You'll see, just read the papers and you'll see my dreams!"

A shot rang out. Probst fell to the ground, clutching at his throat. There was a hole there. Everyone turned to look at Kash. He shrugged. "You all were dragging it out."

gif Probst, Jake Bell, Town Party Host was executed night two!

drat if he wasn't telling the truth about those dreams.

It didn't make any sense, but it was right there in the funny papers. The strip he draw,
Frank Kaka, Private Eye had it all there in black and white. They were caricatures, sure, but they were recognizable. What's more, the story seemed to shift to match their context, like he was trying to say something without realizing it. Had he known what he was doing? Probst seemed less than lucid near the end, but there might still be something useful in there somewhere

The following players visited gif probst over the course of the game:

quote:

Yorkshire Tea
areyoucontagiousCCKeane
Jonathan Fisk

There wasn't time to dwell on it though, the job was upon them before they knew it.

Town was five miles away to the east, along the two-lane black-top road, moving gradually down the decline into the valley where the city was situated. From that, direction came an orange Volkswagen. It putted by the Club Cockatoo, with the characteristic cough of the VW. A Mile and a half further along there was an Esso station, closed for the night. The VW putted in there and stopped. The lights were shut off. The low, small silhouette of the car could hardly be seen in the dark - couldn't be seen at all unless you knew it was there. The driver got out and walked back down the road toward Club Cockatoo.

It was a Saturday night, so the parking lot was crowded. They walked through the ranks of cars to the line parked facing the side of the building. There was a door on the side, near the near, and the driver headed for that. The car nearest that side door was a black Buick.

Inside the Buick was the rest of the crew. The driver nodded at the man who had walked up to them, they got out and walked around to the front. Entering the club they wore dark suits, ties, and cocktail finery.

No building is safe from robbery, if a professional can get their hands on the blueprints. There were a few basic flaws in this particular building - from a robbery-proof viewpoint - that the Outfit had never considered before, but would have an opportunity to consider tonight.

NIGHT TWO BEGINS! 24 hours for night actions please and thank you.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

Added Space, Parker, Town Inventor has disappeared night two!

Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (10): Captain Foo, CCKeane, Dhaes, EXAKT Science, Hal Incandenza, Kashuno, Pinterest Mom, Quidthulhu, Retro Futurist, Yorkshire Tea

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 11th, 2017 at 8 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 2 days, 18 hours.

flavor stuff incoming, feel free to post away. sorry for the delay, pushing the deadline back a day put me in a tough spot.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

reminder that flavor is just flavor. read into subtext at your own risk.

Back at Club Cockatoo

There was a side door that led to a short hallway, which in turn, led to a bar. This hallway also opened onto a flight of stairs which led down to the gambling room. Someone going down these stairs would find themselves in another hallway with the main gambling room to their right. Directly across the hall, they would see the doors to the restrooms. Turning to their right and entering the main room, they would see that it was filled with tables of various kinds, and that along one wall there was a wire wicket, like a teller's cage in a bank, except that the wire enclosure extended to the ceiling. Behind this were the cashiers, with drawers full of money and chips. Behind the cashiers was a wall with a door in it. Turning around and going back to the hallway and thence the restrooms, they would discover that the restrooms and the cashiers' space shared a wall, and that the door led into the restrooms. This door was kept locked; it could be unlocked from either side only by a key. Each cashier had a key which they were required to turn in when going off duty.

The office was behind the cashiers' wicket, to the left of the restrooms. The door to the office was about eight feet to the left of the private door to the restrooms. This door was not kept locked; because the cashiers use it fairly often, clearing checks, bringing money in or taking money out, coming on or going off duty. The office was windowless, having an air-conditioner high on the outside wall, and the door to the cashiers' space was its only entrance. The three men who worked in the office were armed.

The advance guard entered the club and stopped at the bar long enough for a bottle of beer, then went downstairs to the gambling room. They entered the restrooms. Each quickly went into a stall and closed the door. They put on rubber masks which covered their faces completely, and waited. Patrons came and went.

They waited forty minutes before they heard the sound of a cashier's key. They heard a door open and close, they heard footsteps on the floor. They came out of the stalls.

They each had guns now - stubby English .32s. The cashier was a small, bald man with spectacles which reflected the light. He worse a white shirt with the sleeves rolled up, and his forearms were thin and pale and almost hairless.

Someone stepped up behind the cashier. "Turn around. Put your palms to the wall." Then they patted pockets until they found the key.

They marched the cashier into a stall and made him kneel down. A sap came out and the cashier was lowered gently to the tile floor. If there were no killing and no injuries needing hospital care, there would probably be no official squawk from this job. The club wouldn't be making any reports to the law if it could avoid it. If the job was clean and quiet, the law would never hear about it at all.

They closed the stall doors and went to the private door. It was promptly unlocked and they made their way through. They had guns in their pockets now, their right hands tucked into the same pockets.

To the left was a long table. Beyond that table was a door to the office. In front stretched the counter and the wire cage. All but one of the cashiers had their backs to them. This one sat at the table to the left, running an adding machine. He looked over when they entered through the doorway, and his eyes widened. He was the only one who could see the masks; the other cashiers were facing away and the customers and stickmen beyond the mesh were too far away to see what was happening. Anyone looking through the wicket toward the dim area by the back wall wouldn't realize that those pale, expressionless faces weren't faces at all.

"Come here. Be nice and quiet. There was a steady flow of noises from behind the wire, the rustle of conversation and clatter of chips. None of the cashiers heard the call.

The man at the adding machine got to this feet. He understood now, and he was terrified. He was blinking rapidly behind his glasses, and his hands gripped each other at the waist. He came over slowly.

One of them spoke again "Stand in front of me." A gun came out and was shown to the man. "We all have won. Do you understand?

The man nodded convulsively.

Club Cockatoo had been bothering Barry for seven years, and he felt relieved when he discovered a justifiable reason for knocking it over. He had rolled the job into the overall scheme.

By morning, the crew was six hundred miles away from the club. They stopped to see just how much they'd taken.

And yeah, they got aware with the score. The plan went perfectly. However, while they were hitting The Outfit, someone was hitting back.

Many miles away, an apartment complex burned down. It took a while for the news to reach the crew, but when it did, they reeled. One of the best of them had disappeared. Despite the entire complex burning down, only a couple bodies appeared in the aftermath. Some demon, some human. There was no way of telling who was what, but regardless, Parker had dropped off the grid. Their fate seemed certain enough.

Added Space, Parker, Town Inventor disappeared night two!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

Pinterest Mom, The Worm, Town Rolecop, was killed day three!

The day continues.

Votecount for Day 3

Captain Foo (2): Kashuno, Quidthulhu
Kashuno (1): EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science, Dhaes, Dhaes, Dhaes

Not Voting (6): Captain Foo, CCKeane, EXAKT Science, Hal Incandenza, Retro Futurist, Yorkshire Tea

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 11th, 2017 at 8 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 5 hours, 19 minutes.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

Votecount for Day 3

Quidthulhu (2): Dhaes, Captain Foo
EXAKT Science (1): Quidthulhu
Captain Foo (1): Kashuno, Quidthulhu, Quidthulhu
Kashuno (0): EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science, Dhaes, Dhaes, Dhaes, Dhaes

Not Voting (5): CCKeane, EXAKT Science, Hal Incandenza, Retro Futurist, Yorkshire Tea

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 11th, 2017 at 8 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 2 hours, 35 minutes.

everyone met the minimum posting threshold, thanks! going to carry that minimum post count of 5 per game day through until the end, within reason.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

Final Votecount for Day 3

Captain Foo (5): Kashuno, Quidthulhu, Quidthulhu, Quidthulhu, Yorkshire Tea, Hal Incandenza, Dhaes
Quidthulhu (1): Dhaes, Captain Foo, Dhaes
EXAKT Science (0): Quidthulhu, Quidthulhu
Kashuno (0): EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science, Dhaes, Dhaes, Dhaes, Dhaes

Not Voting (3): CCKeane, EXAKT Science, Retro Futurist

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 11th, 2017 at 8 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 2 minutes.

The five of them stood across the street and watched as The Undertow burned.

"I think maybe we got carried away."

"You think? Oh, no, I'm sure it'll be fine."

The ancient building started to crumble and collapse as the heat consumed it. Firefighters on the street hurried back, at this point just watching to make sure the inferno didn't spread.

"Say, who's idea was it to put this traitor thing to a vote anyway?"

"You know, I think it was Gnarly."

"Really?"

"Naw, but he's not gonna say any different. Come on, this is depressing. Let's go grab a drink, we have to go over the next job.

The five members of the crew walked away into the night as one of the last strongholds against the Outfit burned itself out of existence, its owner still inside.

Captain Foo, Gnarly, Town Doctor was executed day three!

Night actions please. I may be a little late getting the thread back up but I will hustle.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

i left my charger at work. flavor stuff will go up later but in the meantime let's get this show on the road.

Yorkshire Tea ???, ???? ????? vanished night three!

Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (7): CCKeane, Dhaes, EXAKT Science, Hal Incandenza, Kashuno, Quidthulhu, Retro Futurist

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 14th, 2017 at 7 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 2 days.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

Quidthulhu, Vanessa Lockwood, Town Vanilla was executed day four!

I am at work, no time for flavor. Game continues. Send in night actions please.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

To be honest, we kinda lost track of the crew. Between the weeks and months inbetween jobs, it was hard to keep track of them. The Outfit kept chasing them and they kept hitting them. The crew took their money, but they could never hit the main players. By contrast, the Outfit kept hitting them, taking them out one at a time. That was when the crew wasn't tearing themselves apart. There were only half a dozen of them now, but the Outfit wouldn't stop. They couldn't stop, really, not until they were all gone.

It came to a head one night at the Hyde Mansion. What happened next... well, I guess you'll see. I'll tell you this much, it wasn't pretty.

Votecount for Day 5

Not Voting (6): CCKeane, Dhaes, EXAKT Science, Hal Incandenza, Kashuno, Retro Futurist

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 16th, 2017 at 5 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 1 day, 20 hours.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

Having spent what seemed like days wandering around the empty Hyde mansion, they lost themselves arguing with each other. Someone's trigger finger slipped, and another member of the crew hit the floor.

Kashuno, The Stranger, Town Vanilla, was executed day five!

This had been a desperation play. By hitting the Outfit where they were most secure, the crew hoped to catch them off guard.

They didn't.

Before they could make their way any further, the Outfit made their move.

There was no great skirmish, no clash of wills. The battle of wits and cunning had been already fought, over the days and months leading up to this moment. Those in power stayed in power, and the crew died quietly. Their names would only exist as a kind of cautionary tale for both the criminal underworld and the Underworld.

Exakt Science, THE BOX, Town Hider/Self-Watcher was endgamed and disappeared to lurk the outskirts of another dimension!

Retro Futurist, Alchemy Mike, Town Vanilla was endgamed and never got to settle down!

Dhaes, Danny Goethe, Mafia Killer, has won the game!

CCKeane, Betty Waters, Mafia Brutal Cop has won the game!

Hal Incandenza, Bifrons, Mafia(Traitor) Vigilante has won the game!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

setup

town

rolecop
- can investigate dead players

doctor
- can self-protect, can't target same person successively

2x joat/masons
- one selects target, the other selects action. unconfirmed
- gunsmith, track, watch.

inventor
- can pass out two items a night
- infinite use roleblock, infinite use masonry maker, 'active' bulletproof usable every other night, one shot poison kill

hider/self-watcher
- each power able to be used individually, every other night

party host
- welp

vanilla
- 3x

scum

brutal cop
- roleblocks their investigation target
- investigating traitor recruits them

killer, murder-joat
- janitor, hides flip from town AND scum
- ninja
- assassin, goes through doctor protection
- 1 night cooldown on each ability

traitor vig
- can be recruited by brutal cop or scum giving up their night action to attempt a recruit
- day or night kill

spectator discord

scum discord

welp this was a game thank you for playing.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

i though the traitor-vig thing was interesting. it was obviously powerful for scum, but there was also a chance for the game to end in a town victory night one.

really though, i think part of the problem was that this game was a real worst-case scenario for town. the no-lynch day one was absolutely their fault, but that combo'ed into the janitor kill was unfortunate. and then, for one of the main investigative roles to get night killed right off the bat sucked. again while the party host should never have been lynched in any kind of reasonable game, that was a huge blow as well. that could only be countered by dhaes ninja kill, which was less than likely.

added space did a good job in getting powers in town hands, but unfortunately two of the most important items went to people with existing, useful roles. It's too bad that he didn't pass out the poison kill, but then again he said it would have gone to Exakt Science, so I guess it never would have been used

While town did make their own bed on this one, i think the slow play was due at least in part to the fact that they never caught a break.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

Dhaes posted:

most of our NK, i think just with one exception, were lowest post counts

oh yeah, you both played well and definitely deserved the victory. it's good to see you back! also i think this is the first time keane has ever played in one of my games. i felt bad to boot out ayc right before they got back in town, but i'm glad you got to hang with your buddy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

Kashuno posted:

I apologize to Somber and every player in this game. My play in this was horrendous and none of you deserved such a poor showing. I hope when I come back to mafia I will be able to play as I intended to this game. Sorry.

no stress, i understand that life and other commitments sometimes get in the way. thanks for saying so though.

• Locked thread