Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Replacing in! I am Vanilla Town.

mafia edit: hi Hal!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Dhaes posted:

ah man i hate vt

was this a real claim???

mafia edit: also this???

Pinterest Mom posted:

confirming that i am vanilla town

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Kashuno posted:

we should turbo bk

##vote BK

3rd vote on silly BK push, susp

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Added Space posted:

I didn't vote you because I'm scum. I voted for you because you announced to intended to be annoying and low effort, and that interferes with scum hunting. So you're either a distraction or a liability.

I'm happy to change my vote if you change your mind.

what is this, this is a very hard D1 jokephase ender, why???

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Kashuno posted:

Town: Kash, Dhaes
Neutral: Gif, AYC, Foo, Pmom, YT
Scum: BK, Asiina, RF

Won't post anyway: Hal, EXAKT

I can say that my placement in this list is incorrect having replaced Asiina and it makes me wonder~

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Yorkshire Tea posted:

I used to spend all my time on Wrestlehut2k/Punchsport Pagoda/Rowdy Ringsports. But now wrestling is poo poo so I stopped.

what made wrestling poo poo?? i was thinking about getting back into it

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Added Space posted:

Oh right. Forgot where I was for a bit there.

##unvote

Uhhhh, why did Added Space unvote? He had that terrible vote before coming hard & non jokey @ Kash & nothing posted in between?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Quidthulhu posted:

Uhhhh, why did Added Space unvote? He had that terrible vote before coming hard & non jokey @ Kash & nothing posted in between?

mafia edit: @ BK

there are literally no posts between him being mega serious and then going basically "oh yeah jokephase is over now i guess?" what is that

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

what is this from this is my twitch handle i kinda want to swoop it :O

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

EXAKT Science posted:

Eat poo poo QuidnoseKashuno I'll make so many posts you won't know what to do about it

i'm here now exakt whatup :smooch:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

game analyzed, Added Space defs scum

##vote Added Space

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

hurm i dunno if that's newbie scum frustration or newbie town frustration

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

EXAKT Science posted:

Hi quid if you're scum I'm gonna kill you

I am not scum!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

who wants to help me make my magic deck better, asking for a friend (me)

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Yes this does count, you are tainted, go pick up a fat pack tomorrow

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

EXAKT Science posted:

Use like two fewer land than you think you need

Yeah I think I have too much mana at this point

I just removed one of my concept cards re: the advice of a goon in the magic thread and now I'm rethinking if I maybe want to try a different color completely since I don't need that card anymore!

Decisions~

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Nonsensical booking and story decisions. For example, the first ever Women's Money in the Bank ladder match was won by a man.

oh that sounds real bad nvm

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

areyoucontagious posted:

Ok to actually contribute something besides snark and stupidity:

Pinterest mom seems most town right now. Barring some weird early defense of a scum buddy, her defense of added space feels genuine. I use her because Mom is right in your name. Apologies if you are male.

Quid jumped on added space real hard after he got in, after we had already talked about it. So did Dhaes. This is a little scummy but I can understand it. Added space was acting very erratic but I still maintain that's just frustrated flailing and not dumb scum play. Unless added space continues to act out, of course.

Probst is lurking p. bad right now but I guess it's still early.

I'm still wading through a bunch of poo poo posts from Kash and Foo.

Everyone else is still kind of neutral right now.

This screams scum post to me.

-It comes from a perspective of knowing that AS is a misdunk. "Pmom defense based on her defense of KNOWN TOWN AS."
-It's FULL of non-committal statements:
1. "This is a little scummy but I can understand it."
"Lurking is bad, but I guess it's early."
"I haven't read Kash or Foo but I'll name them."
"Really it's too early to form opinions!"

Plus to characterize me as jumping hard on AS is totally untrue, I saw the most scummy thing in thread as I reviewed it and voted for it, then with his response to pressure said "hurm maybe this is newbie town." DHAES is the one who came back and continued to push him, so why is he an afterthought?

FAKE NEWS.

##vote AYC

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Foo, you have no problem with AYC rolling in here after my accusations and saying "there's just nothing to comment on, man?"

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Captain Foo posted:

It's fine dude

He made some reads, and you lost your poo poo

You're coming off a lot worse in this exchange tbh

He did not, did you read my post? He basically said nothing, he could have not posted at all and added as much to the conversation.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Here I will post some "reads"

e: nvm i will not be a snide rear end in a top hat my point stands true and easily seen~!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

That is an overreaction, there's no way you actually are this upset at me based on a single post that I decided not to go through with.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Ah the newbies who have never played with me, how cute

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

why did we have this long weekend if no one is posting????

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Yorkshire Tea posted:

A person can caveat thoughts on day 1 and still be saying relevant things to a discussion. Saying, "I think x is likely, but y is a possibility as well" is not in fact saying nothing.

I'm not saying this isn't a possibility but you guys are acting like "faking content" isn't something scum need to do in this game. It is very possible that that is fake content from AYC.

You' are right to say that there is a possibility that AYC made that statement. You've come in and soft defended him here and yet have done the same thing: You haven't made a hard call on him, and frankly you also haven't made a hard call on me, so right now your response looks worse.

Two questions:

-Do you like AYC's response to my callout? Why or why not?
-Who do you think is scum right now?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Captain Foo posted:

After my latest break from Mafia I have thoughts about what is good play and is not good play, wheedling people for being slightly wishy washy is not good play. Especially (early) on D1 it's hard to say anything with conviction, there just isn't enough info. So coming off super hard out of the gate is garbage play, and if you say you 100 percent have a read you get nailed on that, if you take a measured stance you get nailed on that!

I get that being wishy washy is scummy, but that's later when there's actual play to be analyzed and refusing to do so. Early on? Nah, and i think the conceit of non-perfect play being scummy is so terrible and detrimental to actually playing! Especially when there's no real agreement on what good play is, case in point the D1 turbo question

So in conclusion, quid is being disingenuous and that's a lot more suspicious than making reads without 100% conviction on early day 1

I'm not being disingenuous but YT brought up a good point I hadn't considered. This may change my mafia game after all these years, lololol

Same questions I gave him to you:

-Do you like AYC's response
-Who do you think is scum

And

-What do you think of YT coming in & defending AYC?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Also, why do you think I'm being disingenuous? By your own account my play could just be bad, not scummy.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

So am I scummy or not? Why are you spending so much time talking about game mechanics meta to give a read that amounts to "it's d1 nobody can know"

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

That is not true, dunk all dliars

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Man I'm sure glad we had this long weekend for quality posting

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

areyoucontagious posted:

No lynch is a powerful tool. We used it a few times in Kash's flipless game.

Ah yes, the game scum sweeped.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I never claimed that to be good play for the game, it was the right play for me though to end the suffering of that game

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Also please, if I had not self hammered they still would have assumed I was scum because pera and Pmush were leading town around by the nose.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Why are you going hard after me about my choices, especially in a game that is done, to...what? I don't even know what your intent is here other than to paint me as a lovely player. Cool? What does that gain you, ayc?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Pmom, can you weigh in on who scum

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

What is with this new wave of mafia players who think D1 is useless

A flip on D1 gives us information about:

-who they were looking at and the opinions they formed
-how people responded to their opinions
-how other people responded to other people responding to their opinions

EVEN IF we get a town flip, we can make connections about how people pushed and if the cases were faked or not. A town flip D1 is more valuable than a scum flip.

PLUS with a successful night kill you end up with 2 dead town which gives you a TON to go on. Also helpful if you got scum and have a nk.

No dunking D1 puts us in basically the same place on D2. Fundamentally this game is a game of an informed minority vs. and uninformed majority. Knowledge is power for town, and flips are absolute truth.

Advocating for a no dunk D1 is unequivocally wrong. If you disagree, you don't understand the game.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Kashuno posted:

W H O
T H E
F U K
A R E
B A D
? ? ?

Wtf? A bhhura, oe. Ked?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I may be selfcentered, but I would like to examine some of the vets pushing for me. I'm an easy D1 mis-cuddle, and I suspect someone is trying to capitalize on that (either by manipulating in thread or by pushing in scumdoc for it)

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Who scum, Opop, I feel like you've posted a lot and said very little

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I don't look bad, I'm hardworking and charming

• Locked thread