Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I loving love wrestling, I loving love Alison Brie and I lowkey love Jenji Kohan's shows enough that I enjoyed the back half of Weeds.

This show is 100% my jam so far.

I'm only finishing up the pilot now, but other than the obvious 'loving her best friend's husband'-- and I'm sure she'll have more flaws later-- this is probably the most genuinely good person to head one of Kohan's shows.

Like, Nancy and Piper are loving unsalvagable pieces of poo poo, for the most part. That's why I like them so much, and am so forgiving of Kohan's poo poo. From the start Ruth just seems like a genuinely good, sympathetic person who's definitely made a few mistakes.

idk that just really struck me as different from the typical intro to a Kohan protagonist. I guess Nancy didn't seem all that bad first off, hers was more of a descent into being a POS.

Brie is really good so far, and this homo is pleased she got them titties out.

Kind of looking forward to mostly half hour episodes. The first few seasons of Weeds were super snappy, whereas the running time of Orange is the New Black can really drag it down sometimes.

e: if Alison really did all her spots and bumps for this show, I'm impressed. There was at least one spot off the turnbuckle in the pilot I kind of assume was a double

esperterra fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Jun 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I want a drug robot.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Oh, nice! No wonder it feels refreshing. I'm on episode 4, really loving this so far.

e: it's like when people think Tim Burton wrote and directed Nightmare Before Christmas or some poo poo. I didn't read a lot about this show back when they announced it, wrestling + Brie was enough to sell me, but I remember a lot of talk about Kohan's attachment and assumed she was showrunning.

esperterra fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jun 23, 2017

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

This show is amazing, I can't think of a single complaint for the whole season.

Looking forward to season 2!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Allison Brie as a heel with a Russian gimmick does things to me ...

The show was already amazing but Ruth landing on that character schtick made it skyrocket to one of my favourite shows of the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I've been meaning to finish it. I fell off around season 4. Really loved it, but I didn't have enough spare time with other shows.

Edie Falco is a treasure.

• Locked thread