Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
I live in Louisville but I had too much poo poo to do on Thursday to see them. I'm so upset. Apparently it was a great show, so I look forward to hearing the audio. If anyone else is in louisville and wants to meet up and discuss finding buried treasure or get pizza shaped like the earth, pm me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
the zine owns bones and I can't watch videos at work, so it was an easy choice.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
They had some stuff around thanksgiving last year about monkeywrenching that's great and gets into small business tyrant territory, but I love monkeywrenching so much that I'm doing it right now, ymmv.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
I got Geberal Richard R Graves. The back tells me he's on of the "13 generals who would lead U.S. ground troops into battle, in Operation Desert Storm."

If you google him he looks exactly like someone who would be a career army guy, but gets left out in the two scenes he would be in when they make "Desert Storm: War in the 1990's."

This issue is, as always, good stuff.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
Bryan says he's opposed to murder, but has anyone SEEN his twitter handle? I'm just asking questions folks, but it's troubling when you put the pieces together...

e: I looked for the ep where Bryan says "it's more of a suggestion" but I can't.

Chakan fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Aug 8, 2017

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
Yeah, I mean... I was a satanist for a little while and after I took place in my first ritual sacrifice I really had to stop and think about what I was doing y'know? It was like "woah, this is a real dudes blood flowing between my fingers, do I want to bring my kids into a group like this?"

A short piece about the guy on Oprah practically writes itself and sounds really funny to boot, lol.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
mgmt

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
Yeah, the MCU stuff was pretty good as well. I’m mostly glad for that series because otherwse I might have been tempted to re-watch some of those movies.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
SF was a gym podcast for me so I haven’t listened in a long time, what happened recently?

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
For what it's worth, all the comments on that patreon post are people saying "it's good" or "we get it, things are rough".

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
lmao, he's so great.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
https://twitter.com/murderxbryan/status/1487129738208546820

SSSSSOMEBODY STOP HIM!

a_gelatinous_cube posted:

Every time I'm out driving around I keep an eye out for a Brian sighting like I'm looking for bigfoot.

It's unfortunate that I live in Louisville because I thought about doing the drive when they were first doing live shows, but it's too far.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
New Quinby dropped

https://twitter.com/honeydewwilkins/status/1511854941224198149

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
https://twitter.com/murderxbryan/status/1553787205465919493

This is now just the "Bryan has too many streaming subscriptions" thread.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
Yeah, hopefully he’ll be fine in a couple days but it was really worrying to see just scrolling twitter. As soon as someone mentions a precise number of people showing up to a place, you gotta just write off them getting angry at people.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
The show is still spreading this mess across the US, it’s tough but if that’s what’s best for them I just hope they both land OK.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Cached Money posted:

Well, did he turn a profit from it?

I can answer this one: no, and every piece he sold for more than $30 he can recall in detail. It’s cool to thrift and re-sell but it doesn’t really work out as profitable unless you’re tricking rich people or very picky about what you buy. Otherwise you end up with a bunch of cool junk that you can’t throw away because you spent $2.50 on it.

Now, starting a youtube channel where you restore old busted stuff - that can be lucrative.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
Mancow’s the best, I’ve been meaning to ask my brother in law if he has any mancow stories because he grew up in chicago. He might try to throw me out of the room.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Malaria posted:

He must have gotten the channel in the divorce. I don't have Twitter anymore. How is Brett doing these days ?

He has a patreon, and is doing shows, I think infrequently but I haven’t had a chance to really pay attention because I’ve been real busy. He posts about buying and selling shoes and stuff from thrift stores to ebay. I get the impression that he’s doing OK, but he’s trying to be more positive on social media because he doesn’t want to drive people away. He has a lady friend and they’re cute together.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
No I haven’t, I’m sure it’s fine but overcast has been busted for me and won’t download stuff after early february so I’ve been hit-or-miss on listening to anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
Getting caught up on stuff while I take care of busy work and I'm right at the end of the Guys episode about Erowid. The part where Bryan says "The official stance of Guys, a podcast about guys, is that huffing Glade fixes your pink eye" and you can hear Jesse and Chris saying "no, you can't say that. I don't endorse that" over him. So good.