Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
Brett and Bryan are such sweeties and Street Fight is my favorite pod these days and the only one I consistently listen to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
You can pretty much jump in anywhere and get a typical episode and decide if it's your cup of tea. They don't deviate a lot from "2 midwestern guys bullshitting about current events and politics"

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
I'm excited cuz I wrote an article for the July Patriotism zine :)

EDIT:
I think it's really good and I've been sitting on it for a month, I want people to read it dangit!

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003

matureaudiencesonly posted:

That's awesome! How does one get invited to write articles for the zine? Use dank memes on twitter?

Bryan will put out calls now and then on twitter if he needs stuff and I volunteered, i think he's got the next few zines booked up, like I got this back in mid-May, but yeah, keep an eye on his twitter.

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
Hell yeah! Can't do imperialism without the ol' "Frigates", lol.

Gosh, the early 90's were so bizarre, I've been thinking a lot about the 90's as a decade and how terribly they've been aging since ending.

Also, I got a few compliments on my zine article and someone sent me a photo of it in print and I basically cried, even though it's a little zine thing, being "published" in some capacity has been a long dream of mine ;_;

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
Mine was "Under The Influence", an essay relating patriotism to my experiences with addict parents.

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003

Dirt posted:

That's so cool (the article not your drugged out parents)! I haven't read any of the new zine yet but I will definitely read your article.

Did you just email them a story or what? How did you get in to it?

Bryan will throw out calls now and then on the twitter TL and we've been mufos forever, so I volunteered. This was back in early May for the July zine, I think they're booked a few months out.

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
Thanks guys :D

Also I'm so happy to confirm everyone from Street Fight and Chapo are giant sweeties IRL and they were so great to my communist children at DSA Con.

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
Brett was so funny during that discussion, because he's basically on the drive-by dunkers side the whole time while Bryan is furious :laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
Dear lord never let me be the guy who's got to jack printer paper so bad he thwarts the paper tray lock by printing blank pages.