Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i did nazi that coming

https://twitter.com/ProgIntl/status/1306883807870619648?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

as a person who never leaves my house i've done pretty well for myself.

etalian posted:

The pose makes me thing of those wax figures you have in history museums.

Here’s Mark in a more relatable pose.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

I've figured it out.

It's the eyes. They're completely lifeless.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Black eyes, lifeless eyes, like a dolls eyes... till it bites ya

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Platystemon posted:

Here’s Mark in a more relatable pose.

Holy jaundice feet

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

This is wild, do not skip this click

https://www.theverge.com/21444203/facebook-leaked-audio-zuckerberg-trump-pandemic-blm

quote:

Many people feel that Joel Kaplan has too much power over our decisions. Can we get him on a Q&A to learn more about his role, influence, and beliefs?

Zuckerberg said the company would work to provide more information about the operations of its policy team. But he dismissed the idea that Kaplan has undue influence at the company, saying that Monika Bickert, the company’s head of policy management, plays a stronger day-to-day role in policy development. And Zuckerberg bristled at the implication that Kaplan’s party affiliation should disqualify him from the job.

“I’ve seen a bunch of comments internally that — that I have to say bothered me a bit,” Zuckerberg said. “That basically asked whether Joel can be in this role, or can be doing this role, on the basis of the fact that he is a Republican, or has beliefs that are more conservative than the average employee at the company. And I have to say that I find that line of questioning to be very troubling. In my work with Joel, I’ve found him to be ... very rigorous and principled in his thinking.”

“One of the things that we talk about a little bit less inside the company is that ... the community we serve tends to be, on average, ideologically a little bit more conservative than our employee base,” Zuckerberg said. “Maybe ‘a little’ is an understatement. … If we want to actually do a good job of serving people, [we have to take] into account that there are different views on different things, and that if someone disagrees with a view, that doesn’t necessarily mean that they’re hateful or have bad intent.”

Whatever the gently caress leads to more clicks and engagement, do it, don't ask questions. Zuckerberg is our little Adolf Eichmann.

quote:

In her Q&A with interns the same day, Sandberg noted that Facebook had been used to raise billions of dollars for charity and had also been an important tool for activists around the world.

“We don’t get credit for any of those movements,” she said. “We don’t get credit for any of it. But the brave women who spoke out on Me Too, the brave people who spoke out on Black Lives Matter, the brave people who organized the Women’s March — they needed the tool. There’s a reason this is happening now and it didn’t happen before.”

Still, she told interns that her top priority overall was recruiting.

“Everyone knows today’s a big day,” she said. “We have an advertiser boycott. We have a very important civil rights meeting. We are putting out our civil rights audit tomorrow. It’s the end of a quarter. There’s a lot going on — and in the middle of all of that, the most important thing we do is grow the company with the right people.”

Sandberg is somehow taking credit for BLM and MeToo while also whining that they don't get any money from it. These people are way beyond magical thinking, they have gone completely loving insane.

Pryor on Fire has issued a correction as of 15:32 on Sep 23, 2020

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

its impossible for us to do anything about the nazis, but you should give us credit for blm

we are simultaneously helpless and drivers of progress

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.
The victims of violence at Kenosha are suing Facebook along with Rittenhouse.

quote:

Earlier this month, BuzzFeed News reported that a Kenosha Guard event page encouraging attendees to bring arms to the city had been flagged 455 times by people on Facebook. CEO Mark Zuckerberg told employees the company’s failure to remove the event page was “an operational mistake.” BuzzFeed News also reported that Facebook did not remove the page after the shootings occurred, despite its claims to employees and the press to the contrary. The company later apologized for misleading the public.

This lawsuit, McNeal v. Facebook, Inc., follows a similar complaint filed in the wake of the deadly “Unite the Right” rally held in Charlottesville, Virginia, in 2017. Both lawsuits cite Reconstruction-era laws in attempts to hold white supremacists accountable for violent suppression of constitutional rights. The Kenosha suit also attempts to pierce the broad protections afforded to platforms like Facebook for user-generated content under Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Clip-On Fedora posted:

I've figured it out.

It's the eyes. They're completely lifeless.

It's like the uncanny valley you get from seeing celeb wax figures at Madame Tussauds.

Or maybe what happens when I create a new Bethesda game character and start random selecting random physical attributes to create the most inhuman fucker possible to wander around the game world.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

etalian posted:

It's like the uncanny valley you get from seeing celeb wax figures at Madame Tussauds.

counterpoint: the wax figure of zucc looks like a real person

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

quote:

A day after the officer who shot Breonna Taylor wasn’t indicted, Facebook employees face disciplinary action if they acknowledge her in a profile pic. Workers of color are LIVID over the new no political profile policy — especially cause Zuck said it was about protecting them

:stare:

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Zuck is the ugliest fucker alive

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Zuck is probably a alt right crypto-facist

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
There's no probably about it

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Also no crypto

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

Jose posted:

he's going to be really confused when the nazi's are killing him

https://twitter.com/hypervisible/status/1306705837545721856?s=20

I was going to post this earlier but couldn't find a Zuck thread:

https://twitter.com/CraigSilverman/status/1309221526923816960

Oh, yeah, our internal Facebook is a toxic hellhole so we are going to fix that, but everything else is just great!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

as a person who never leaves my house i've done pretty well for myself.

Milo and POTUS posted:

Holy jaundice feet

The wax model has a more human face, so I can only imagine that the real man’s feet are even worse than the model’s.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

So who is still left working at Facebook besides just the most broey of the tech bros? I am imagining endless clones of Palmer Luckey and Notch just stacked from floor to ceiling. Is it just a company full of the worst humans on earth now?

Robert Evans did a couple hours on Zuckerberg in his podcast this week, worth listening to if you want more details on the multiple genocides: https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/how-stuff-works/behind-the-bastards/e/77917540

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

https://mobile.twitter.com/MikeIsaac/status/1313955056325062657

lmao

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Well that's a weird coincidence, all the tv stations have said they're not playing political ads after election night either

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
looking forward to Facebook banning LGBT event ads immediately after the polls close, because that's what they consider to be "political"

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

It's funny how quickly they are pivoting now that it looks like Democrats are going to control everything. The only thing Zuckerberg gives a poo poo about is preserving his monopoly and pandering to whoever he has to in order to accomplish that. This motherfucker should be in prison.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Quackles posted:

Signal wanted to take out ads on Facebook and Instagram showing just how precisely ad targeting can be focused:

Facebook took great offense and canned their ad account.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Extremely mad at someone pulling back the curtain.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Was re-reading the live of Octavian and it's amazing how Zuck is just like him....

Like how Octavian was sick inside of his tent during major campaign battles but still took full credit for when the "employees" were successful.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
they've had some new ones since this commercial but basically they're trying to develop public support for new net regulations on their terms

dick suckerburg

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

https://twitter.com/queefermadness/status/1412189601595281410

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

lol

btw people should start using billionaire names as slurs.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol

https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/1445090955229646865?s=20

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

is there confirmation of that because if true this is like the biggest heist since, uh, ever?

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lmao is that why facebook is down?

enabled veteran
Feb 10, 2021

I think that American presidents, that position in itself, as well as American foreign policy, it has terrorism in it. CIA agents going to overthrow certain governments - they're using terrorist tactics. They're not going in there like, 'Hey, you wanna have some cake?'

i want to believe this

and if true, i will blame a state actor...probably the CIA

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

spacemang_spliff posted:

lmao is that why facebook is down?

No, it looks like they hosed up their BGP config and managed to de-peer themselves from the external world. Their IP addresses are all gone and they have to physically visit all of their edge routers to put peering back in place.

https://twitter.com/atoonk/status/1445084833017843721

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

That’s a spectacular sounding excuse, my money’s on state-backed experimental Deep AI divestment.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

but my weird and interesting toilet photos are ok right

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

THEY'RE OK RIGHT

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

How the gently caress does Facebook simultaneously lose all BGP on all of its in-house developed backbone hardware at once? That's an amazing show of technical ability and force, but that's far from a loving accident.

Here's an article about it, it's called the Express Backbone:

https://engineering.fb.com/2017/05/01/data-center-engineering/building-express-backbone-facebook-s-new-long-haul-network/

"Whoops, haha, just a uhhhh DNS error on one of our whole-rear end system's specifically compartmentalized components!"

No, they're loving dropping something or someone off their whole infrastructure, which if I'm correct about it being related to experimental Deep AI is probably a wise move.

Waffle House has issued a correction as of 22:39 on Oct 4, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

drat YOU CHIRUSSIA