Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Glover believe it or not, that game was so cool and did loads of things that nobody else have tried.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yoshi Jjang
Oct 5, 2011

renard renard renarnd renrard

renard

I'd kill for a modernized Ehrgeiz and Omega Boost.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I want new games instead of the same things I already played because I enjoy novel experiences and am not a slave to nostalgia because if I wanted to play the same game again, I would just play the same game, again, much as I do with books, movies, or television shows.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

satanic splash-back posted:

I want new games instead of the same things I already played because I enjoy novel experiences and am not a slave to nostalgia because if I wanted to play the same game again, I would just play the same game, again, much as I do with books, movies, or television shows.

y-you too

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Boiling Point. Maybe they could make it good this time.

Also a good Jagged Alliance remake. Both 1 and 2, really.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

Shima Honnou posted:

Boiling Point. Maybe they could make it good this time.

There is a Boiling Point 2 and it's atrocious.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
I'd like to see the Legacy of Kain series rebooted, preferably in a way that deals with some of the massive plot holes and actually gives closure.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Also i'd love another Battlezone game in the style of the first one. I don't know if the sequel was any good, i was far to retarded to beat the mission where you start next to the water and they come over the lake to attack you. But i loved the poo poo out of the first one.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I really think it's time to give Star Citizen another go.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/evilgenius/status/882222272907534337

Well, how about that.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I saw Mutant League Football mentioned but it's getting a new installment under a different name

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic_HkTLumkY

i would like to see Trap Gunner get remade. It's a cool game but being able to see other people place traps on the same screen as you in a game about traps is kinda bad. Would be really good with online play.

Also, someone make a new JUMPING FLASH! please.

While I'm at it, a redone Phantasy Star 4 would be nice. The gameplay is still good but the UI doesn't hold up at all.

Overbite fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Jul 4, 2017

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
There's a really old game called below the root.

It's basically a metroidvania without combat, and it had an interesting setting (giant trees), lore, and mechanics.

I think it would be a good thing to remake

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Pesmerga posted:

I'd like to see the Legacy of Kain series rebooted, preferably in a way that deals with some of the massive plot holes and actually gives closure.

Be careful what you wish for. There was an attempt to reboot the series a few years ago, but it got cancelled. From the footage that got leaked, this was a good thing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJqsjJ16EsI. Everything about it looked terrible.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Yoshi Jjang posted:

I'd kill for a modernized Ehrgeiz

I wasted way too many hours in Quest Mode when I was younger

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Be careful what you wish for. There was an attempt to reboot the series a few years ago, but it got cancelled. From the footage that got leaked, this was a good thing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJqsjJ16EsI. Everything about it looked terrible.

I've never seen this. I thought for sure this video was going to be of that "Nosgoth" game. What the gently caress is this? :hb:

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
Ranger X (made by Platinum)

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Hemingway To Go! posted:

It's basically a metroidvania without combat, and it had an interesting setting (giant trees), lore, and mechanics.

I played this when I was like 8 in all its CGA glory and holy poo poo I did not get very far!

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
All I want is a competent JA2 remake.

I would be so happy.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Kinda got this last gen with Deadliest Warrior TM on Spike TV TM The Game TM but I'd love for squeenix to bust out Bushido Blade 3. Online play, giant arenas, everyone from 1 and 2, and 60FPS.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Hemingway To Go! posted:

That game was such a white whale for me.
I watched my cousin play it at the local library when I was 6 or so. I was mesmerized by the game but I didn't have a computer so I couldn't play it and I almost never got to play it at the library because I was 6.
I spent the better part of the next 30 years trying to figure out what that game was.
I finally asked the SA "help me remember that game" thread.
It was answered in 5 minutes.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

The first Outpost game, designing a realistic base on another planet that isn't Mars and dealing with atmosphere and mining and so on.

Kromlech
Jun 28, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Jill of the Jungle http://www.myabandonware.com/game/jill-of-the-jungle-the-complete-trilogy-22s

Twisted Metal but on PC

Carnage Heart https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnage_Heart

Kromlech fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jul 4, 2017

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

I would love a new Onimusha game, or a remaster of the series. I used to love all those games so much and timing the one hit kills on the enemies was a fantastic mechanic.

Marshal Radisic
Oct 9, 2012

But Not Tonight posted:

also give me more :911: FREEDOM FIGHTERS :911:

I second that. Homefront: The Revolution and Wolfenstein: The New Colossus are sort of spiritual successors, but I just enjoy fighting the Soviets more.

Speaking of the Soviets, I'd kinda like to see a remake of Republic: The Revolution. I was never any good at it (and its mechanics were not really newbie-friendly), but I like the idea of a political simulator built around your ascent to power in a former Soviet republic during the chaotic 1990s. (Come to think of it, with a little rejiggering, it might work as a dandy RPG.)

I'd also dearly love for EA to bring back the Mercenaries series, or magically release a fixed version of the second game. I know the Just Cause games have stolen most of their thunder, but I never really got into that series. Sure, you can destroy everything, but the countries are fake and there's no story, so none of it matters. Actually putting the games in real countries and having actual geopolitical conflicts feature into the plot made them more engaging, even if they were still kinda silly. Still, I will always love the second game for how your quest for petty revenge eventually escalates into you literally starting the First Sino-American War.

Finally, while I know it will never be, I want there to be a better version of Silent Hill 4: The Room. The premise was great and the imagery was fantastic, but the execution didn't really work.

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
I wish Bungie remade Myth. Everything they've made since Myth 2 has been garbage

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo

texting my ex posted:

I wish Bungie remade Myth. Everything they've made since Myth 2 has been garbage

drat, I had all but forgotten that game. I loved the bleak setting the game had, and the fact that I always lost and everything was bad.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

IShallRiseAgain posted:

:stonklol: What were they thinking?

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
ClivelovingBarker'slovingUNlovingDYING!

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Theme Hospital and Anachronox.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!

gently caress SNEEP posted:

I just want another Evil Genius :(

Good news, friend!

If we can't get a good Dungeon Keeper at least this is the next best thing.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

I really think Dragon Force would make a great mobile game. Though everything on the Saturn might probably insanely difficult to port since it was such a strange platform hardware-wise.

Starflight and Starflight II are a little rough around the edges--the stories are great but the interfaces are a bit painful to deal with. Would love to blow up Spemin in something like the Stellaris engine.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Actraiser, same concept, 2.5D with slightly modernized mechanics.

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice
Any and all Ultima games, particularly the last trilogy. I'd rather they avoided slimming the game down to accommodate voice acting and just use text if necessary.

Wing Commander and it's sequels as well as the X-Wing/Tie Fighter series need a face lift and V.R. treatment. Add Descent and Freespace while you're at it.

Hexen already got a mention, which I'll second. Amazing game in its day.

The first two Fallout games could use an update, though I don't think I'd want to abandon the isometric style.

A proper remake if the original Deus Ex would be nice, though the feel would be difficult to reproduce.

There was a fun early gen FPS called Blake Stone that I always thought was worthy of a remake.

Out of This World (which had a different name in other release versions) was an amazing adventure/puzzle game from the 90s that probably wouldn't be too hard to remake.

Edit: To throw in a few randoms:

Base Wars, Contra, Punch-Out, CV2: Simon's Quest

Sax Offender fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Jul 12, 2017

LordOfTheNoobs
Sep 7, 2009

Some sort of spiritual successor to Castlevania: Harmony of Despair, but without all the terrible things attached with the game.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
Does that user update mod thing on Steam for Deus Ex actually make it playable in this day and age, got it in a bundle years ago but never booted it. I played it on ps2 so my expectation of it on pc is perhaps lower than those who did first time round.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Darklands is a good shout. I'd take a spiritual successor that just had the same historical fantasy theme. On a similar note, I bet you could remake Cosmology of Kyoto with modern graphics (say Muramasa style art) and a much more coherent interface and it would be great.

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice
While The Ur Quan Masters makes the original playable on modern systems, Star Control II really deserves a proper sequel or spiritual successor.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Blast Corp could be a lot of fun remastered. The controls would definitely improve.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

m a
r i
ooooooooooooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

titty_baby_ posted:

m a