Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I would like Boston to sign Pastrnak at 6M for 8 years, and for the love of god give him a NTC/NMC so we can't trade him for nebulous reasons. This is the only thing I care about this offseason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Oh yeah I missed all the talk about that. What the hell was the point of trading Brayden Schenn? He's 25 and reliably scores 20+ a season. Over the last four seasons he's top 50 in total goals scored. I mean I get that he does a lot of it on the PP but so what? Goals are goals. It just didn't make any sense to me but I see people saying it's a win for Philly.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

DJExile posted:

In terms of player-for-player yeah it's not a great look but he's horrendous at 5v5 and doesn't drive play. I think Hextall wanted the picks more than anything.

I mean, I guess that makes sense to me. Most players don't turn into 20 goal scorers though and I think having two "maybes" is worse than one sure thing. I suppose Hextall could always use the other 1st rounder as part of a deal or something.

bewbies posted:

Am unexcited about Brayden Schenn at that salary for that long.

Seems fine to me. 5mil or whatever is maybe a bit much, but not offensively so, and he'll only be 28 when it ends so St. Louis is still getting some of his best years.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

DJExile posted:

The flyers aren't in win-now mode though (the blues may as well be), so near-term goal scoring doesn't do a lot for them anyway when they're still calling up more rookies and working out the rebuild. Brayden Schenn's a good player but I don't think he's quite been a "core" guy or however it's phrased these days.

That's a fair point. If they're not in a win-now mode it makes sense to maximize the return and trade him now since he's not likely to get any better, or cheaper, by the time younger guys are ready. And you're right that Schenn doesn't strike me as the type of expensive veteran type you'd want to still have around 3-4 years from now compared to Giroux/Voracek/Wayne. I guess I was mostly just surprised he was moved at all since it kind of came out of nowhere

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Selanne is a lock. Recchi should finally get in. I still think it's wild that Andreychuk isn't in considering he has 600+ goals.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
its extremely easy to be top 15 all time in goals and 30 in points just by playing a long time, which is why everyone does it

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
lets discuss which slurs are ok to say on-ice to an opponent

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
the Girardi thing is worrying to me because he's the type of garbage player Boston management loves to sign

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
maybe that old lich won't cause another lockout now that his ego has been sated

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I mean I guess he probably gives money to foundations but that's basically every owner, I assume

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
well, I'm happy Recchi finally made it in at least

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
More like Chris Osbad

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Levitate posted:

I think there's some thought that Buffalo is "close enough" to NY and Shattenkirk's hometown

But it's not. It's like 400 miles away. Washington DC is closer to his hometown.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Jagr kicks rear end and I want him to come back to Boston even though he wasn't great here before. Gimme an all Czech Jagr-Krejci-Pastrnak line.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I agree with you for once.

Edit: whatis re:analytics. Not the other thing.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
ya that's a bit on the high side but good for the Caps to retain him. I always forget he's younger than I think.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
thank you Don....thank you so loving much
https://twitter.com/NHLBruins/status/880819733708378112

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

wow cammalleri, jokinen, and hayes can all definitely help a team still. would not be surprised to see jokinen back on the pens

Actually Hayes is garbage. He had one goal in November, one goal in December, and that was it in 58 games. He sucks at holding on to the puck, looks like poo poo when he does have it, barely shoots, can't backcheck, and he's a big guy who doesn't hit. He brings nothing to the table.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I want to say Alzner isn't that bad but...he's worse than Brooks Orpik at this point

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
hmm ok heres what I think about the Bruins FA signings
Postma: who
The Other Guy who was good in the AHL: sure, whatever

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Aww I like MoJo, sucks he's gone. I think he could play top 6 all the time but it's hard on Washington's roster. Good deal for New Jersey.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
congratulations to oilers management on tricking a guy who is barely not a teenager into taking 1 million less dollars per year and framing it as "McDavid was uncomfortable with 13.25 million but 12.25 million is fine" and also for getting him to sign for 8 years and forego the poo poo loads of money he'd get as a UFA

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
*whiny bitch voice* crosby scores 0.13 more points per 60 minutes

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
what you guys are forgetting, and really have to keep in mind, is that if crosby and mcdavid played the exact same amount then crosby would score a whole extra point for every 10 hours of icetime.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
i love to jack off

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
but the women...and the men...theyre not wearing clothes! ahhhh i want to jack off right now on this bus just thinking about it

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
maybe they're hoping Sullivan has been sharing some of that "smart coach juice" he surely has

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
on one hand I'd feel bad if Sean Avery got ripped off that badly because that really sucks, but on the other hand he's a shithead and he also got to bang celebrities and play in the NHL, so maybe I don't actually feel bad for him.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
everyone likes sick dangles and dudes getting deked out of their skates

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Ya I forgot how fun prospect camps are. Boston's pick this year, Vakananeaiansian or whatever the gently caress that finnish name is, looks real good. His skating is incredible for someone his age. He's been playing pro in the Finnish league for two years though so I'm sure that's why. He looks more NHL-ready than I expected, but he's also skating against other prospects so my perception of how good he is is probably skewed.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
ya I guess Brian Burke has done some ok stuff after all

Also I would like to know what exactly Don Sweeney is doing and why Pastrnak hasn't been given a 6.5 mil a year for the next 8 years, or whatever the gently caress he wants, yet.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Surprised Vanek hasn't signed anywhere either

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Seems like a good deal to me. Slavin is real good and he's only 23. Contract could look like a bargain in a hurry.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I probably catch 20 or so Canes games a year and my impression is that Hanifin is fine. He's still only 19 and averaged like 18-20 minutes a game. His numbers improved across the board so, like you said, I think it's just going to be a bit of a slow development and he'll have a breakout year sometime soon. He's definitely real close. He bounced around and had a few partners, but when Hainsey was traded to Pittsburgh he started getting a lot more important minutes and his statistics were even better than when he was getting sheltered/depth minutes. It wouldn't surprise me if he takes a big step forward, in terms of offensive production, next season considering how well he played at the tail end of last year. They usually play him with Pesce or Faulk and he has a lot of good chemistry with those guys.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Slavin is actually really good, people just don't pay attention to the Hurricanes.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Enjoy this mildly entertaining PK Subban post
https://www.instagram.com/p/BWg1qUZA-pr/

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Maximus
Lorenzo
Jim

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
David Pastrnak still doesn't have a new contract and it's making me angry. I'm gonna hulk out over here.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

hyper from Pixie Sticks posted:

Jersey and ice ads are terrible and I hate them, but I'll live with it if the extra money means it costs less for me to buy a ticket.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Hand Knit posted:

Sports fandom is a conflict where fans fight with the team for control of the brand. Nobody wants to fight for possession of Allstate Insurance.

To me sports fandom is about seeing My Boys from Our City kick the poo poo out of A Bunch of Pussies from The Wrong City so that the people from that place, which is probably lovely, feel bad.

• Locked thread