Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?

Gio posted:

her whole logic was basically "tanking...BAD!" because colorado ended up with the 4th pick, which she probably doesn't realize is way better than the 9th pick. otoh, ken holland could get 1st overall and gently caress it up.

e: for anyone that wants to read this garbage

there are so many things wrong with this article, even outside these few excerpts, but the bolded and italicized part aptly illustrates the disconnect between holland & co. and reality.
:cripes: It's not even tanking to just roll the young kids out there and see how they do. What you shouldn't do is go out and sign a bunch of middling players who will make the team slightly more competitive and end up with a lower draft pick as a result. It's just slowing down the process and taking roster spots from other players.
Oh well, I fully expect 2 years of Jiri Hudler or and Giradi come July 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?

Hand Knit posted:

Which playoff series did actually break teams? The 2011 SCF seems like the obvious first choice, but what else? Maybe Leafs-Bruins 2013 but I don't know if the 2013 Leafs counted as not-broken to begin with.

The 2013 Wings-Blackhawks series, in which the Wings went up 3-1 on the Hawks before losing in game 7. That series basically convinced the front office that the team didn't need a full rebuild and probably kept Holland in a job 5 years and counting longer than he should of been.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?

AsInHowe posted:

Ken Holland bungling away the Red Wings' best player makes absolute sense.

He's not old enough, not enough of a grinder

I mean AA is good and I'm furious at the thought of losing him but I still think Mantha and Larkin are better. AA is probably not worth $3 mil a year yet but when you have Riley Sheahan about to make 2.25 a year....

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
So instead of mixing and matching NHLers with prospects/AHLers like usual, this years Wings training camp is dividng the players into NHLers and "other guys" teams.
Which is just a depressing reminder that this:

Nyquist-Zetterberg-Tatar

Mantha-Larkin-Abdelkader

Helm-Nielsen-Parenteau(Athanasiou)

Bertuzzi-Sheahan-Glendening

DeKeyser-Daley

Ericsson-Jensen

Ouellet-Sproul(Kronwall)

is a maxed out cap team. And the GM of said team seriously thinks it can compete for a playoff spot.

• Locked thread