Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

MY MAN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Flyers are retiring #88 this season :hellyeah:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I don't think there ever was a puck.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I ventured onto the Flyers facebook page for Lindros reaction and hooooooo boy we have some stupid fans.

A lot of "WE SHOULD'VE KEPT FORSBERG BECAUSE WE WOULD HAVE ALL THE CUPS" poo poo, along with other Flyers that should have their numbers retired first, including Tim Kerr and Simon Gagne. There was also one guy who refused to acknowledge that Lindros was a big reason LeClair had the career that he did, and he very quickly resorted to calling people snowflakes and having your/you're usage issues.

Congrats Eric!!

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Lindros and Forsberg put up similar career numbers and basically played the same amount of time. But in short, I think the argument (the Cup argument mostly) gets skewed due to the Avs being handed Patrick Roy for essentially nothing.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Philly's stadium will always be the FU Center to me. For a time the naming was owned by a bank called First Union, so naturally yeah.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Vegas assigning numbers like its a peewee hockey team

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I bet Tim Saunders is thrilled

Ginette Reno posted:

Is Chris Therien the fat guy who sits near the benches and yells the most obvious comments all game?
Yep. He lost a ton of weight and looked like a deflated balloon for a minute, but I think he evened out a bit

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Duckman2008 posted:

I'm now in St Louis, so I guess I'll find out if the local media here is any good for Blues games.
They've got a decent crew. Darren Pang is their TV color guy.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/theScoreNHL/status/905548220108906496

I'm not entirely sure how to feel about this, but I don't hate it.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

The freakishly close calls were annoying, but I've seen a fair share where it was blatantly obvious the play was onside. They can be used as an extra timeout, really.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

DJExile posted:

E: Elliott's mask is good

Looks familiar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/status/909156230685437952

Okay. Could be good.

• Locked thread