Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Zubov is never going to get in eh

e: Girardi would be an upgrade for the Devils

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Jun 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

please, Ray, please

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
He should join a really poo poo team imo and get some PP time maybe and see what happens, try and carve a little Gagner niche and go from there

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

But yeah, sounds like Yak would probably be better off signing a "show me" deal with a team that's got enough offensive depth that they can use Yak effectively without really expecting much in terms of production. Pens and Caps are the first teams that come to my mind, but I'm sure there are others that would make sense. Not so sure about NJD...

That was St. Louis though and it went horribly. I mean they didn't use him well but I think he needs opportunity more than protection. Both would be optimal but not sure if he can get that.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

quote:

Per Fanrag Sports, TSN's Pierre LeBrun went on the radio with Vancouver's TSN 1040 on Wednesday, and when asked about the possibility of Shattenkirk playing for the Tampa Bay Lightning, LeBrun went on to speculate the Devils will make the highest offer for the defenseman.

"I mean, it's not impossible," LeBrun said about playing for Tampa Bay. "But I have a feeling that New Jersey will probably have the biggest bid, is my guess. The Devils have the most cap room. Shattenkirk is from the area. Certainly the Devils have a hole there on that side."

agreed

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
hey they got more or less nothing out of the Thornton trade too and won a Cup!

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Cammalleri is definitely worth a shot for someone at a reasonable cap hit, he can still contribute for his 51 games.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I can't believe Pavelec is getting another shot.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Pretty good deal by Ray. They still badly need another top 4 d-man (and maybe one more winger), but that's a step forward.

re: Shattenkirk

quote:

Shero said any reports that the Devils offered Shattenkirk a seven-year deal – or that Shattenkirk ever asked the Devils for a maximum seven-year deal – are incorrect.

“That’s not something we would have done anyway,” Shero said. “He came in last week and it was apparent he wanted a shorter term deal. That piqued my interest. That’s where we got involved. The four-year deal with the Rangers, basically, that’s what we were talking about.

Shero added the characterization that the Devils were desperate for his services and, with more than $27 million in salary cap space, would have offered Shattenkirk “whatever he wants, that was never going to happen.”

Shero, though, said he gained a lot of respect for Shattenkirk because the negotiations were never about term and Shattenkirk, after getting the offer from the Rangers, never came back to Shero and said he would come to the Devils if the Devils offered a seven-year deal.

“If the Rangers were capped out, or if he didn’t have as much interest (in them, Shattenkirk grew up a Rangers’ fan in New Rochelle, N.Y.) he’d probably be here.”

and Kovalchuk:

quote:

9. The Ilya Kovalchuk update: “Realistically, on the process, you should probably ask Jay Grossman (Kovalchuk’s U.S.-based agent). As to where Kovy wants to end up (playing, KHL or NHL) or any sort of deadline he might be facing there, it certainly falls to Kovy and Jay. Outside of that, I probably wouldn’t want to comment. I don’t think this stretches on for real long. I’ll have more conversations with Jay Grossman in the next day, the next couple of days.”

10. That said, Shero added he’s not going to trade Kovalchuk for “pennies on the dollar.” At the same time, Shero said, “I don’t want to be an impediment for him getting back in the league. My intent is not to keep him out of the league.”

also those picks were from the Marc Savard and Lou deals lol

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Jul 3, 2017

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
If Honka can play a full season I think he could be really good for them. Between him, Klingberg, Lindell, and now Heiskanen they have a really strong future there, it's just how quickly it all comes together.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

corn on the cop posted:

gently caress kovalchuk

Columbus or Russia?

i choose death

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Yo, 4 spots left in our nerd draft: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3823680&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Come join, it's fun and funny.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I like most things about hockey actually except PUSSIES

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I didn't think Auvitu got enough of a chance with the Devils, especially considering how poo poo some of their regulars were.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

corn on the cop posted:

He's a really nice depth defenseman but John Hynes is a big dumb-dumb

Yeah I thought he was very solid and could have turned into something decent if they had shown any confidence in him. Certainly more than loving Lovejoy.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I am sentimental and would like to see Jagr sign with the Penguins.

I am also going to preemptively call anyone an idiot who thinks he can't keep up with fast forwards, game comes to Jagr, Jagr not come to game.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

ThinkTank posted:

I would love to see the Canucks sign Jagr and put him with the twins to make the slowest, cyclist line in the history of the sport.

My second choice would be the Sharks with Jumbo but this would be fun too.

Actually he'd be a good fit for the Capitals if they could somehow get him under the cap. Maybe Nashville to replace Neal.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
He'd honestly be perfect for them but for ~history~ and well the cap of course. I think mentally he'd be a good addition too for that group but oh well

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
If Darling has a really good year I could see them getting in. They're similar to what Columbus is.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Haydn Fleury could be up this year too, he had a good first year in the A.

(not to mention Jake Bean who has been a monster in the dub)

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
blind area passes are actually awesome https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG9iUN6Xh2s

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
enter the mcleod

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I think Zacha may in fact suck but we'll see. He's like Bobby Holik without the edge. Quenneville looks pretty good though. Zacha really should have been in the AHL last year and looked shell shocked most of the year. They should probably give McLeod a full season there.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Yeah that works out OK considering the C prospect depth and the barren wasteland that is D. Wonder where he fits in between Greene and Moore -- too bad he's not a righty.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Malone is just trying to get an AHL deal to play in the Olympics.

Although tbh you'd think they'd want like a team that's full of tiny Americans who can skate on the big pond.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I wonder if Parise stays and Suter comes on board (which leads to Kovalchuk staying) if the Devils beat the Kings. Hall/Parise/Kovalchuk/Suter/Schneider would be a fun core to watch lose in the 1st/2nd round though you have to admit (even if those trades don't happen).

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I'm not really sold on Maurice but Chevy at least has put together a good scouting/whatever team because Scheifele/Trouba/Morrissey/Ehlers/Connor is a crazy good run at the draft (and I think Hellebuyck will end up being pretty good).

Trading the 13th to keep Enstrom was a little sketchy but their D does look pretty deep with him in it and their top 6 is going to be excellent: Ehlers/Scheifele/Laine/Connor/Little/Wheeler. If Perreault can hold together the 3rd line I think they have a very good chance at making noise this year (as long as Mason/Hellebuyck isn't a train wreck I guess).

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Sep 6, 2017

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Man those new Devils jerseys looked real bad in the prospects game. The huge blotch of white right into those solid black pants, blugh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
This was just their redesigned road jersey, wasn't a 3rd.

• Locked thread