Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Ace Combat Zero has the greatest dogfight in history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Play God Hand.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Get ready for a real experience. I hope you ordered both because once you finish 1 you'll want to boot up 2 immediately

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

DDS2 has the most intense and badass main battle theme of all time.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

DDS1 question: I had assumed that at a certain point you would have 6 party members, since there's 6 people on the box and 6 people in your base with hair that color codes to the 6 magic types or w/e. I'm closing in on the end of the second main dungeon, do you ever actually get more party members? At a certain point I had everyone go like 1 step into the basic magic mantras because they were fast to get and I've had to cover all my bases weakness wise without being able to really specialize, I hope more party members join soon, 3 feels a little restrictive

There are more than 3

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

Im tapping out of DMC1, and will probably move onto DMC3 after Splatoon 2 weekend. I probably shouldnt have taken a break and made myself rusty but at the same time there's like 4 enemies in the entire game and all the swimming crap is terrible, and the one boss where you have to scramble over its body and keep the lights on blows rear end too. It's a cool game but I won't see the ending.

What chapter are you on? it's a really short game and you're probably past all of the swimming

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

You're close to the end, but hey I think DMC3 is better in every way anyway

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

A cruise ship in a dry land...

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Beelzebub in DDS was a badass fight. There's another later on that I thought was amazing but I won't spoil it

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

he's got nothing on the DDS2 secret boss on hard mode imo.

play DDS2 on hard mode IT

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

You heard it here first: Strange Journey's final boss is garbage

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

For sure. It's a fine gimmick for a fight as long as it isn't overused.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Plebian Parasite posted:

i remember that the elemental switching boss in x-2 was terrible, in that it switched rapidly, and could switch from weakness to absorb and actually sped up switching elements partway into battle.

I definitely think that this kind of gimmick does not work with ATB. But it's fine in turn based games.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1xiClh5V3U&t=4356s

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

No that's DDS1. I looked everywhere for the DDS2 music but could not find it

my bad here you go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peQ9kEY_hjE&t=3538s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I really wanted a SMT4 + DDS2 style game. best UI + best skill system and craziest story

• Locked thread