Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?

wooger posted:

This (EPC Reports) are still required, still near worthless. They last 10 years now.

They simply don’t check anything of value, and are done by subhuman idiots.
They *are* useful as the only legit sq metres measurement available when buying a house (seldom listed in adverts). Except in my case, where they overstated the floor space by at least 2x.

They are also used as the basis of some rental standards - can’t rent a place rated below D I think. Unless, in classic British style, you get a report saying the cost is too high to improve it, in which case you can continue being a slumlord.

To give some perspective to our overseas friends on how useless these are: My flat in a solid-walled, converted Victorian mystery building with single-glazed sash windows and ceiling heating (warm air sinks right?) has a 'B' rating. Our electricity bill at least doubles in the winter months just trying to keep the place comfortable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?

C... posted:

Move-in ready!

I've rented places that were about as weather-proof, and less sturdily built to boot.

I don't really have anything to add but I've been living vicariously through this thread for months, thank you for making it!