Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Lol I would have stayed somewhere else for the three days that the concrete was settling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Put your mattress on a pallet/futon platform to get some airflow.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Usually only the builder has to feel that stress. Next time you gut and rebuild a house, live somewhere else during the construction period XD

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Goongrats on a floor!!!! Now you can get doors and stuff!!!

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

I would leave anything involving the roof and/or scaffolding to professionals.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

What is a heating cupboard?
It might just be the angle, but above the dryer looks tidy and accessible. Are those grey cables for internet?

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

I didn't assemble it (and I know you can't order from here) but our stairs came from Tahara and I kept the catalog because it's like an art book. The carpenters took a long time driving wedges in from underneath to prevent future squeaks. It means we don't have a pretty open underside view, but strength and stability are more important to me.

http://www.wood-tahara.co.jp

We have style BM-5. (Those prices are pre-cut fees, not materials.)
http://www.wood-tahara.co.jp/series/stepsset/311/

Gallery
http://www.wood-tahara.co.jp/performance/

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

My favorite thing about our stairs is the inside-wall handrail. It's very easy to use, satisfies height requirements and keeps fingerprints off the main visible walls. Next, we need to decorate it with 200 framed portraits like Hogwarts.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Username/post combo :glomp: Would you like to sperg about paint and wallpaper?

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Well poo poo buddy :/ I hope you get it done and start living like a real people again soon.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Lol just lol of you've never looped rope through your car windows to hold stuff on the roof.

To be fair my roof is very flat and I never tried it with anything heavier than pool floaties.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Ruh roh

So are you guys housemates now? Like a hero/villain HQ?

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Call them heroes.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

:sadpeanut: I'm channeling psychic energy for.a friend of a friend of a friend to refer a badass retired grandpa handyman to your rescue.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Well heck I'm delighted to see your progress!

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

lol what kind of house names are in your neighborhood do people always try to be posh or is it mostly family names or do you get people taking the piss

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

House Number
Townsburg Villas
Missionarykilldozer
Beering Friendshaus

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

like this

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Have you considered prefab paneling just for that back section? Surely they've got something like fiber cement, hardyboard, shingles etc. in the uk.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Do you have (permanent) stairs in your house (yet)?

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Hello, doors!!!!!

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

dicks out for jaded burnout!

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

We looked up heated floors when we built... this is in Japanese but the pictures are good.

New build with full plumbing. (6-10mm + flooring)
http://www.yukadanbou-kaiteki.com/yukadanbou/construction/sinchiku/

Remodel with water heater panels and flooring. (Old flooring + 6mm panels + 6mm new special flooring)
http://www.yukadanbou-kaiteki.com/yukadanbou/construction/reform/

peanut fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Jul 5, 2018

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

woahhhhhj yesssSsssss !!!!

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Uhhhh sounds like a good buddy to have!!!!

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Cover the faceplate with a bigger, cuter faceplate (unless that's illegal?) Adding a handle could be helpful.

Otoh, how often does that box get opened? Monthly meter check, or emergency repairs?

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Please sperg about your plans for that gutter.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Good news op

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

You could like… put long boards under the feet of the bed, like skis, to distribute the weight, just in case.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

Then you get crazy poo poo like a chimney breast being removed and seemingly replaced with a bundle of sticks with concrete poured on top like I have, leading to a weirdly specific floor sag.

I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow your house down just enough to make it unlivable and unsellable, but not badly enough that insurance will pay to fix it.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

So uhh did you need/get a tetanus shot? They're (only) good for 10 years.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

same, 4 typhoons in the past 30 days fml

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Clad that poo poo!!!!!

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

This is a good thread, the same posters are also active in the Home Spergin' thread so come find yr buds!

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

drat, you did a lot of cleaning.
Throw the flipper 50 to burn your old poo poo too.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Get the cement board siding that looks like wood.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

lol wtf

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Cover that poo poo w wallpaper imo

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

schmug posted:

That is a very British option, and I'm not sure if you're joking or not, but regardless, you are dead to me.

Wallpaper (can be) cool and good 〜〜〜 some texture would cover those filly lumps easily.
But don't diy wallpaper. It looks so frustrating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

or glow-in-the dark dinosaurs.