Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
I read that as steam roller at first and I think I prefer that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
Sorry for your loss :(

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
Sorry to hear that :(

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
Also if your front door opens outward that means anyone you invite in has to step backwards off the porch or stoop when you open the door for them.

I’ve lived in the UK and US and have never encountered an out-opening front door.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

Darchangel posted:

Sure, that's how it should be done. It's just not "normal" in the US, so I've never seen one done that way. One suspects it's an extra cost thing, since it is atypical here. Sort of a vicious cycle.

It's also not normal in the UK, or at least it wasn't between 1977 and 2002.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

upsidedown posted:

Not really standard kit unless you live somewhere that has been built or renovated recently though.

Every house I grew up in in the 1980s and 1990s had shaver plugs

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

wooger posted:

What’s the name of that Japanese technique where you blowtorch they gently caress out of wood to create a weatherproof long term finish.

It’s used in the UK too but on agricultural buildings.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
Not unless that person has feet with a contact patch the same size as one of the feet or wheels that thing sits on.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

Jaded Burnout posted:

The feet on the machine have a contact about the same size as someone stood on the ball of one foot, yeah. Which I did just now and can confirm, didn't split the tiles, or the bones in my foot.

Ok you really weren’t joking about it being massive.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
What are you going to do with all these machines once you’ve built your stairs?

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

Jaded Burnout posted:

Not big enough for a workshop really

I mean, you’re actively proving that wrong with this here thread.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
I still have no idea what you’re even making here.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

Jaded Burnout posted:

Sure if you want a crap workbench. I already had a crap workbench.

Can you not just drill holes through all the planks and then bolt them together?

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
Is it more furry companions? I miss seeing them :( (and now you’re self-sufficient when it comes to making sawdust for their habitats)

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
I love it when a plan comes together.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

Not Wolverine posted:

Do you have or plan to get a patio? You could get a small shed or closet just large enough to store your tools and do your hobbying outside. You could keep your tools while deciding on a permanent shop, and working outdoors means easyn cleanup, youou can literally just let the wind blow the dust away.

He lives on Plague Island, so the rain would prevent working outside for most of the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

CancerCakes posted:

I think he means you have a 4400 dimension inside your 4000 total height?

Need to Pythagoras that poo poo.

Look, noneuclidian geometry is very on-trend right now. How else does JB get a spread in Living Etc?