Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Rollersnake posted:

It was a bell end pepper, obviously. :haw:

When I was a kid, my mom woke me up one morning for school and asked me what Maxis was. I was like, "the company that made SimCity, why?" Apparently during the night I sleepwalked into the living room and walked in circles around the cedar chest while chanting "Maxis" over and over again.

You were an active participant in the summoning of EA. Cursed post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I had a nightmare I guess where my ex boyfriend, further referred to as bf (and in dream he was bf) was cheating on me with, for fucks sake, this girl (real person, named Jenny) who quit my work cause she was 6 months pregnant. She wasn’t pregnant in the dream. And IRL had no clue about this bf. But I think maybe I thought of her cause the girl he cheated on me was blonde and outgoing too?

Me him and my 80 year old grandfather went to a steakhouse and my grandfather got a snickers ice cream thing (before food wtf??) then it traveled to this re-modeled factory loft apartment and I was talking to this autistic guy at my work like, “man these ceilings are 10 feet high” even though it was like 20 feet high” and how I would put IKEA BILLY bookshelves along one of the walls if I lived in the apartment, and that the small kitchen area was cute, and then the apartment looked different: he was gone and I was complaining that I was pissed cause I had to get TWO TVs because there was a family area and a living room, both next to each other and next to the now small height-ed kitchen.

Now back to steakhouse. I am running back and forth looking for the bf and—oh I have to mention we were seated very close to the door (good cause we were seated immediately). My grandfather had ordered some dessert with chocolate and it arrived before the real food so one of us ate it, can’t remember who. But then there was some confusion with the waitress cause she thought we ordered 2.

There was a wall and a computer to the left of the table so I was having a word (like WhatsApp with my grandfather about that I’m worried he’s cheating on me and he’s like “you have to listen to what you think”, but that was all in broke Russian words, literally text and I vividly remember exactly how I wrote the words. Ген instead of он? The gently caress? (I am insecure about my Russian skills IRL so that’s where that comes from).

Anyways then it went back to the restaurant table and my bf was sitting across from me and the waitress brought the second serving of dessert, and apparently I had eaten the first one so I was full, and it was a Snickers ice cream cake thing.

Then there’s just some vague memory I have of him cheating with Jenny and the general area of his apartment IRL [iphone hosed up my typing so no idea what I wrote here] maybe like phone calls and poo poo something like that. I must have blocked this part out of my memory cause I vividly remember the restaurant and not this part, but I know it was long and I know it made me wake up and not be able to fall back asleep.

I miss my ex like crazy so.

Thanks, brain.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Rollersnake posted:

When I was a kid, my mom woke me up one morning for school and asked me what Maxis was. I was like, "the company that made SimCity, why?" Apparently during the night I sleepwalked into the living room and walked in circles around the cedar chest while chanting "Maxis" over and over again.

This is awesome.

My Lovely Horse posted:

The only way through was Solid Snakeing it: wait until she's turned away, keep my head down, and make a go for it.

(I'm well aware using the term Solid Snake conjures up unfortunate associations and assure you, if it had been that kind of dream, I wouldn't share it with the world.)

The use of the term Solid Snake it is awesome as well.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 12:02 on Sep 19, 2018

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Like most people, dreams in which I'm back in high school are plagued with tests I didn't study for, classrooms I can't find, and locker combinations I can't remember.

Well, the other night I not only found my locker and successfully opened it, but realized I'd left my gym clothes in there all summer. The people around me laughed as I threw away my smelly pile of laundry. Someone said something about my Oh Canada! shirt (which I did actually own in real life) having a big hole in it, but I didn't care. All I could think about was that combination.
I closed my locker, then opened it up again, using the same numbers.
8-18-11
It worked.
I closed it, and tried again.
8-18-11
It worked.
The voices and laughter around me faded as the lockers beside mine melted into the floor. I tried one last time.
8-18-11
It worked.
I woke up.

I went about my day, then halfway through work I remembered my dream. More importantly, I remembered the combination.
8-18-11
It was a comforting thought knowing that the next time I was lost in my dream-school, I'd at least be able to open my locker.
A couple of sleeps went by, filled with vivid, interesting, and sometimes frightening dreams, but not of the school. Until last night.

I found myself in the foyer, and wandered around for a while, unsure of which class I had to be attending. After walking through the cafeteria and woodworking shop, I realized that my agenda would have my class schedule in it. Where was my agenda though? Probably in my locker.
As I walked down the hallway toward the stairs, I could hear other students laughing from behind the closed classroom doors. When I ascended the stairs, all noise ceased.
I found my locker, and fumbled with the combination for a moment. Then I remembered.
8-18-11
It didn't open.
I tried again.
8-18-11
Nothing.
I looked on the back of the lock, to see if there was anything written there, or maybe a sticker or something, but it was blank.
I tried again.
8-18-11
It would not open.
I turned away and kicked the garbage can that contained my dirty, smelly gym clothes. I looked down at my crumpled Oh Canada! shirt with the big hole in it, wishing I had kept it in better condition, when I heard a creak.
I looked back, and my locker was open. I walked toward it, and buried within my textbooks was my agenda. Frantically I opened it, so I could figure out just what class I was supposed to be in. A piece of paper fell out.
I picked it up and unfolded it, and after some time my eyes focused on what was written upon it.
8-18-11
I heard laughter. Not coming just from the classrooms, not just from down the hall, no. There was laughter everywhere. Even the lockers themselves were laughing.
I woke up.

Unlike last time, I remembered this dream immediately.
Half awake, I contemplated where I'd just been. I didn't understand. Why did the combination work so easily the first time? Why didn't it work the second time? Why did the locker open? Why was there a paper with the numbers written on it hiding in my agenda?
The numbers.
8-18-11
Then, like a splash of cold water in the face, it came to me.
8-18-11
I bolted upright.
8-18-11
If you assign each number to a letter:
HAHAA

I've had some messed up dreams in my life.
But never have I ever had a recurring dream that fucks with my psyche through a substitution cipher.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

The Mighty Moltres posted:

Like most people, dreams in which I'm back in high school are plagued with tests I didn't study for, classrooms I can't find, and locker combinations I can't remember.

22-0-22

i got lucky with my locker combo

E: I cannot believe I remembered that instantly, 32-8-15 was my gym locker code whyyyyy do I remember this almost 20 years later.

My work-related nightmares are much worse than my high school ones. I have recurring ones about my area manager who is insane and my store manager who has severe, untreated drug/alcohol/mental issues. It’s always fun to wake up and remember that Jay was yelling at me for some paperwork I didn’t do quite right. In my dream. But happens in real life too so it’s 2x bad.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 14:19 on Sep 20, 2018

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

This is going to get a little confusing, so I'm going to try to simplify it as much as I can.

I was in a dream - and I don't even really remember the context, other than that I was talking to someone - and I remembered a fictional scene I'd once experienced, but I couldn't remember if I'd seen it in a movie, read it in a book or a comic, or what. I just remembered what happened in the scene itself. I'm sure this has happened to you, like (for example) you remember a scene so vividly that you're sure it must have been from a movie, and then it turns out it was in a book you read - the scene was just so vivid that you remembered having actually seen it.

My experience (in the dream) of remembering this was so vivid and so realistic that I woke up convinced that I must have read/seen this scene somewhere in real life, too. Here's what it was:

There was a laboratory with aquariums/tanks along the walls and on tables. One of the tables had a manta ray or stingray or whatever (I know zip about marine biology) in a tank that was taller than it was wide or broad; in fact, it had been designed specifically so that the fish couldn't move. It was just lying flat on the bottom of the tank. Every now and then, a scientist would shock the ray with a two-pronged prod. The express intention of this was to induce a feeling of hopelessness or despair (or other allied emotions) in the ray. It might have released some sort of colored fluid into the water as an expression of these emotions. When the scene took place, someone - not a scientist - was seeing this for the first time, and was outraged at the cruelty of it. The scientist said something to the effect "don't worry, the experiment is effectively over since it has no more [colored fluid] to give, and I only occasionally shock it for fun now."

I tried googling this scene to see if it was real, but no luck - that doesn't mean it doesn't exist in the real world, it might just have been a momentary exchange in some larger piece of obscure media.

This is what it looked like, basically:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Hate that kind of dream. It feels like you're losing a tiny bit of your life every time you wake up from one of those, and you can't even get it back cause the movie or book or whatever doesn't exist.

Along similar lines, I've had a few dreams where I'm in a strange city and check out an obscure music store. I also have a habit of, when I go to a strange city, checking out their music stores. It gets very confusing. There's one that stuck with me, where I go to some town and find a used CD store in an alley that's this huge warehouse full of CD bins, that I'm still not entirely sure if it was a dream or if I did that years ago.

The other day I had one of those the night before I actually did go on a day trip to a record store, and as I walked in that store I thought "oh neat, it's just like that store in - hang the gently caress on!"

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

My Lovely Horse posted:

Hate that kind of dream. It feels like you're losing a tiny bit of your life every time you wake up from one of those, and you can't even get it back cause the movie or book or whatever doesn't exist.

These dreams particularly drive me nuts because I will willfully forget them upon waking because I'm obviously just correctly remembering something that exists, and that's not interesting or worth recording in my dream journal.

After I've woken up a bit more, it'll pass through my head again, and what the gently caress? And by then I've forgotten most of the details.

I've had very vivid musical dreams that'll just vanish after I have the "realization" that this is actually X song by X band that I'm subconsciously plagiarizing, and of course it's not. I composed music in my sleep, and now it's irretrievably gone.

Rollersnake has a new favorite as of 18:06 on Oct 27, 2018

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Rollersnake posted:

I've had very vivid musical dreams that'll just vanish after I have the "realization" that this is actually X song by X band that I'm subconsciously plagiarizing, and of course it's not. I composed music in my sleep, and now it's irretrievably gone.

I wish I had these, but I really do just subconsciously plagiarize stuff.

I once dreamt I was a famous musician touring the word promoting my new smash-hit single, which was hailed as a revolution in modern songwriting, but when I woke up I realized it was literally just 'Angels We Have Heard On High'.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Nvm too depressing. Was a vivid dream about bad stuff. Hate vivid dreams. I can remember everything to the last detail.

Rollersnake posted:

I used to play/ make music, sometimes wake up to awesome songs I've written in my dreams but are too drowsy to write down and then when I fully wake up I forget it. Sucks rear end :smith:

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 10:28 on Nov 5, 2018

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Showed up to work two hours late and drove in through the front. As in, there was a clear garage door there that I opened and drove through. Got out and said "Sorry I'm late." My boss laughed it off, but reminded me that I need to park in the lot. "Oh yeah," I say, "Forgot again."

My work does not have a garage door of any description and I've never driven through the front. WTF brain.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
There is a massive block of flats and I can look through each window and watch everyone's lives play out. At the same time, I'm standing in front of the flat entrance. The block of flats is haunted and I watch the ghost go from room to room, sometimes haunty things happen, sometimes it just watches the occupants go about their lives. The ghost notices me watching in the top flat. I'm back on the ground looking at the building, terrified, as the ghost jumps from window to window, screaming at me silently and moving down through the floors to get me

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I dreamt that if you hovered over someone's photo on Facebook, you'd get a Sims-style popup menu including the options 'Send flirty message (cute)' and 'Send flirty message (kinky)'. I woke up panicked because I accidentally clicked the latter on some old man. :(

Slowflake
Aug 18, 2010

A dream where it was kind of a Tim and Eric esque skit where a cop was singing a folk song about trying to arrest his baby. Very upbeat sounding, but at some point the music cuts out and it's this very matter of fact interview with the father with the interviewer not quite sure if he's serious. 

F: "So here's the harness we had him wear, a couple of guys at the station cooked up this one." Camera cuts to this yarn harness attached to like a zeppelin balloon thing? The baby is in it and very upset, crying and everything.

It turns out that the baby, the cop/father claimed, had made attempts on the family's life a few times. Baby looks smug.

At some point during the interview, the father says, "Ssh, quiet. You hear that?"

Pregnant pause.

Suddenly these bombs roll into frame, looking like someone stuffed firecrackers and barbed wire into a plunger head. The fuse is already burning.

Camerawork becomes very frantic as everybody runs to escape the house the interview is happening in. Holes are blown in the walls. When the bombs stop the guys run back into the interview room and the harness has been destroyed. And the baby is missing. Dun dun dun... Something else happened before I woke up but hosed if I remember.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

A couple weeks ago, i had this dream where my left forearm started tingling. And it got worse and worse; it was what I imagine the 'bugs under your skin' stage of drug-induced hallucinations must be like. It was awful, and even though I was scratching like mad in my dream, it was unrelenting. Then I woke up, in my dream. I thought to myself "Wow, I must be dehydrated or something." and got a glass of water. While it was filling from the fridge dispenser, my arm started tingling again. Not as bad, but it was increasing. Again.

Then I actually woke up, and discovered my cat was nestled in the crook of my left arm, and had started grooming himself. His whiskers were causing the sensation.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
I don't even know what caused me to have a weird dream last night about either playing or being inside (whenever I dream about video games I often switch between knowing I'm playing or straight up being in the game) a game that was a mix of Mega Man Legends, Half Life 2, and System Shock 2. I know at one point I was moving around what felt like the station from SS2, then inexplicably went to a chase scene where Combine soldiers on hover sleds were involved, then I was talking to Alyx in City 17 where for some reason I turned on her? I used the alt fire of the Combine rifle that shoots the weird energy ball, but she apparently thought fast and did the same, the orbs hit in midair and caused some strange anime-esque dimension rip and Alyx said that was a genius plan. Flash to the Mega Man part, where I knew I'd been exploring the ruins in the game but never visited the town or anything, but was ready to enter the final dungeon. As I'm prepping for the descent into the Main Gate, one of my allies expressed concern I didn't collect any merit badges... and I woke up.

On a different note, a few nights ago I was coming down with a cold, slept, dreamt all night, and the next morening started to realize that I will somehow always have conceptually the same fever dream every drat time. I am in an ongoing war with some alien race on either their planet or a spaceship, and everything is in late 90s/early 2000s PC graphics

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

I recently dreamed that I was supervising the revision of a scrip for a musical. I was specifically there to fact-check the science behind everything, since they wanted it to be very accurate. I got very :goonsay: about there being an era when giant dragonflies ruled the skies, and they had unwittingly made all their references to the dragonfly period when the musical was about specific dinosaur species. It was a rap retelling of Jurassic Park called JURASSIC SLAP

it was in all caps on everything I saw in the dream. I woke up with the words JURASSIC SLAP on my lips and they have not left me since

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

coronatae posted:

I recently dreamed that I was supervising the revision of a scrip for a musical. I was specifically there to fact-check the science behind everything, since they wanted it to be very accurate. I got very :goonsay: about there being an era when giant dragonflies ruled the skies, and they had unwittingly made all their references to the dragonfly period when the musical was about specific dinosaur species. It was a rap retelling of Jurassic Park called JURASSIC SLAP

it was in all caps on everything I saw in the dream. I woke up with the words JURASSIC SLAP on my lips and they have not left me since

You know what you must do.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

jonsicoli posted:

A dream where it was kind of a Tim and Eric esque skit where a cop was singing a folk song about trying to arrest his baby. Very upbeat sounding, but at some point the music cuts out and it's this very matter of fact interview with the father with the interviewer not quite sure if he's serious. 

F: "So here's the harness we had him wear, a couple of guys at the station cooked up this one." Camera cuts to this yarn harness attached to like a zeppelin balloon thing? The baby is in it and very upset, crying and everything.

It turns out that the baby, the cop/father claimed, had made attempts on the family's life a few times. Baby looks smug.

At some point during the interview, the father says, "Ssh, quiet. You hear that?"

Pregnant pause.

Suddenly these bombs roll into frame, looking like someone stuffed firecrackers and barbed wire into a plunger head. The fuse is already burning.

Camerawork becomes very frantic as everybody runs to escape the house the interview is happening in. Holes are blown in the walls. When the bombs stop the guys run back into the interview room and the harness has been destroyed. And the baby is missing. Dun dun dun... Something else happened before I woke up but hosed if I remember.

:lol: This is my favorite since Pastry of the Year's one with the broadcast trucks.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Just woke up from one where Idris Elba was trying to create an army of demon hunters (I think the context was that the world had ended?) and he did this by giving them a high fever and interrogating them while they lie there dazed and wondering where they are and how they got there. Then he'd pull a small transparent key out of their body. ( I distinctly remember Jennifer Lawrence being one of the people he did this to.)
My role in all this was to monitor their viral signs.

Turns out that this process was not creating demon hunters; it was just creating demons.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
Putting part of this one under a spoiler because it's sexual and kinda gross.

An old friend of my wife's is visiting, and she's sort of standing around obliviously in the living room, having left the front door open. I ask her to close the front door because the cats might get out, and she dismissively says something like "oh, it's fine, they're standing just inside." So of course they run out, and I have to go catch them before they get run over.

I'm complaining to my wife later about how she's been getting on my nerves since she arrived, so my wife tries to cheer me up by telling me embarrassing stuff her friend has done.

1. She carries a 2-liter bottle of Pepsi around with her everywhere, which she has been continually refilling at restaurants for over a decade, and has never washed.

2. The "Bumpy Pants Card" — Her ex-boyfriend once got her an ironic "get well soon" card when she got really bad razor burn after shaving her pubes.

3. She had to go to the ER because she sliced her labia when she tried to masturbate using the card.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
There was a giant giraffe outside the window, and his penis telescoped out like a dog's but instead of a regular peen it was a massive spiked claw the size of a smart car that went wandering over the ground looking for me, and I tried half-heartedly to avoid it but in the end this enormous claw penis held me and the giraffe just looked at me and I tolerated it but was vaguely uncomfortable. It was warm and moist.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
I'm not sure if you're weirder for dreaming that, or if I'm weirder for picturing it as a Sophie meeting the BFG type scene.

Rollersnake has a new favorite as of 07:36 on Nov 20, 2018

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
I'm at work, listening to a live album by Scary Monsters-era David Bowie on my phone, with headphones. During "It's No Game" instead of the spoken Japanese lyrics, there's a radio broadcast about planes hitting the World Trade Center. Finally—indisputable proof that David Bowie was a time traveler.

I unplug my headphones so my coworker can hear, but the sound is so distorted coming out of the phone speaker that you really can't tell what you're listening to. Then I get busy with work, and by the time I get back to listening, I can't find that part of the song again.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I had a paisley patterned rabbit that I kept in my suit pocket so its ears would serve as a pocket square. I was planning to wait for people to compliment me on my stylish pocket square, then pull out the rabbit and go "ha-ha, it's not a handkerchief at all!"

I remember frantically looking for hay after realizing I'd been out all day and it was probably hungry.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
This one is related to here and really weird and i just woke up from it.

I was posting something on here like "hey that's a funny post" or some generic poo poo to come to find out once it posted that I had the sad kitty probated avatar. Then I was trying to figure out why the gently caress was I probated for such a long time. I was messaging mods like, "wtf did I do?" Cause I hadn't done anything weird or wrong.

Basically I had a nightmare that I got a probation for mystery reasons on this here website.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
My dreams seem to have the underlying theme of how I can't seem to do something right or nothing ever really works out for me.

I suck at everything in both life and in my own fantasies.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Star Man posted:

My dreams seem to have the underlying theme of how I can't seem to do something right or nothing ever really works out for me.

I suck at everything in both life and in my own fantasies.

:same:

I constantly have dreams about going on a trip somewhere and I'm always woefully unprepared. Like, forgot to pack my suitcase or left it at home, can't find the gate for my flight, can't read the tickets, in a foreign country with no idea what I'm doing.. :sigh:

The other day I dreamed that I had another goldfish, but instead of keeping it in the tank with my actual fish, I kept it in a tiny bowl on the kitchen window of a house I haven't lived at for 15 years. The water kept evaporating and this poor fish was getting dried out and sad but for some reason wouldn't die. At one point it wasn't even in the bowl, it was just sitting on the windowsill. I kept topping off the water but I couldn't keep the bowl filled so I had to find a bigger container. I know I have one, but couldn't find it, and then I was busy trying to put soil and gravel and plants from the tank in it because this fish needed a plant to breathe? Also I could no longer put the new fish in the tank with the old fish, because it was sick from being out of water so long and it's lower lip was falling off and.. :stonk:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I had a dream that I woke up in my bed, turned on my phone, opened the Twitter app, and was reading the "moments" (which are basically headlines with capsule summaries and most of them are heart-stoppingly dumb poo poo about undiagnosed narcissists feuding or an inspiring seven-year-old that invented a brand new swear) and saw one about Queen Elizabeth II admitting to having practiced cannibalism during World War II.

So of course my dumb rear end, on waking, had to confirm that this was something I dreamed and not something I actually woke up and did in the middle of the night and only hazily recalled.

That was two nights ago. Last night, I had a dream that a childhood friend and I found ourselves working at the same bank, and were stealing bundles of cash by putting it out with the garbage. When the dream began, we were on our third day of doing this, and I guess we'd gotten dumb(er) and greedier, because I was toting around one of those big yard-work sized bags full of bundles of hundred-dollar bills, and all I had to do to get away with everything was just treat it like a bag of garbage, but no - someone that wasn't in on the crime came in unexpectedly to work a shift, so I moved the bag, which ended up catching his attention.

When I went back to check on the bag, it was gone, and I thought, okay, whew, someone probably just took it out to the dumpster. It wasn't there, of course. I'm hazy on the sequence of events, but it basically broke down that the third guy (who looked like every mustached saloon-keeper in every stage Western you've ever seen) found the bag, took most of the money, left my friend and I two small bundles in our lockers, and turned in his immediate notice.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
Dreamt that I was at work at the auto shop and a customer came in to get her Cherokee looked at because the fuel system had been hexed by a warlock. Assured her that this was no big deal and our master tech undid warlock hexes all the time

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Weirdest drama I've had in a while. I don't remember most of it but I do remember a crappy neon sign that said how long flights would be for India Airlines and it said 22 min from India to the US and I was like wtf and I also vaguely remember talking to someone about how unsafe India Airlines is, and also an overhead view of one of their planes (red on top green on bottom) taking off.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

The other day I took a friend of mine to see a band. The following is what my subconscious made of it.

The band has finished playing and we're hanging out at the venue for a little longer. I'm at the merch stand, he's mingling. Out of the corner of my eye I notice the band members have come out to hang out too; one of them is Ariana Grande1. Actually, the longer I chat with the merch guy, the more it seems like my friend's kinda actually hitting it off with her. Good for him! It's suddenly several weeks later and we're preparing for a party. My friend, who in reality is more of a "I've got a half open bag of crisps somewhere, have a drink while I look; use this jam jar, it's all that's clean" kind of host, is in the process of constructing an elaborate snacks buffet with little hand-written signs, obviously to impress Ariana. Guests arrive; we're in that pre-party phase where we're only waiting for a few more folks to arrive. As long as we're waiting, we decide to take a walk around outside. We step outside our rented mountain cabin, and everything is covered in snow all around, clear, crips and cold. First a cable car that runs through the area takes us around, then we're on foot, without transition. I finally get to chat with Ariana a bit; my friend and her have been hanging out for a while but we haven't had a chance to talk yet. Turns out she's kinda into Dungeons & Dragons, and since I know my fair share about that, I can give her a few pointers. Our party group splits up into little groups and spreads out around a little valley. Some of them are already off towards the next valley; Chris2 shouts at them to watch out, since that's an active volcano area.

I'm still talking to Ariana and suddenly realize that now we're kinda hitting it off. I'm cool with it and determined to keep it friendly. When she starts kissing me, I'm still taking it as a sign of friendship, although slightly worried it might come off wrong to any observers. I spot my friend right behind us and manage to tell her "uh, you might wanna turn around" between kisses. When we look up, he's gone and following the group from before, sulking. I get terrible giggles as I suddenly imagine him simply jumping into the nearest lava pit and what an absurdly comical overreaction that would be. Ariana wants to know what's so funny, but I can't possibly explain it because it's such an insensitive joke that would only make sense to my friend and me. I have climbed onto a picnic table that's out here and my friend is back. He says "okay man, you win this one, now come down from there." Just as I'm about to tell him a) that the kissing wasn't what it looked like and I wasn't trying to compete for her affection, b) that even if I did I wouldn't be so crass to gloat about my success using a picnic table as a podium, and c) what a great joke about him stomping off I thought up, I wake up.

1Considering the genre and level of commerciality, this would have been highly unlikely at the actual show. I also barely know who Ariana Grande is; although now that I look at pictures of her, my subconscious had her about right.
2Chris was good buddy of my friend at school, for me he ranged somewhere between close acquaintance and actual friend, and I haven't seen him or thought much about him in 17 years.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I had a dream where I was on an expedition.

We make camp. I fall asleep in my tent.

I begin dreaming within the dream. It’s a lucid dream, but it only goes one level up. I have access to knowledge of the expedition world’s memories but not the real world’s.

So close.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I had a dream that I vaguely remember where there was a Chinese guy in a hat and a jacket and there were Chinese characters and I just understood them. The message was "you get this stuff." It was so random.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
My wife and I are returning home from a road trip to... somewhere, and when I'm driving through eastern Ohio/western Pennsylvania, I notice on my GPS I'm only about 20 miles from Marillion—the band, but who have a dot on the map like they're a city. I decide to make a detour to go see them since it wouldn't make us too terribly late. My wife isn't interested and decides to just hang around the venue while I'm at the show.

The concert is pretty dull, and I feel like a selfish piece of poo poo for having gone at all, especially when I've gone to see Marillion so many times before.* My wife texts me to ask where is it that they have maple fried chicken again? And that we should go get some after the show. I respond that I think all the original places are on the west coast, but you can get it pretty much anywhere now.

* I have never gone to see Marillion live.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I had a dream where I was among people I grew up with or met in adulthood. I would try to talk to them, but I'd only embarrass myself or go ignored. So I stopped talking completely and began to avoid people. And no one seemed to mind.

So I woke up and started crying after I synthesized it. It's not because I'm afraid of being by myself, but because I am alone and know that I'm not wanted and have to invite myself to things or pester someone electronically repeatedly before I can even get an acknowledgement. People don't even say, "Hi," to me.

I suck.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Dreamed I found a forum that was exclusively for people who worked in foodservice. There was an entire thread full of memes that were, apparently, by and for people who specifically worked at buffets, and I couldn't understand them at all. The only one I remember was formatted like:

HOW'S [PROPER NOUN I CAN'T REMEMBER α] DOING? : 65
HOW'S [PROPER NOUN I CAN'T REMEMBER β] DOING? : 85
HOW'S [PROPER NOUN I CAN'T REMEMBER γ] DOING?:

and then a GIF of a couple of black-clad ninjas shaking their heads ruefully.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
There was a female squirrel sleeping at the foot of my bed. A male squirrel comes scampering in the window and starts having sex with it. The female squirrel then transforms into what I can only describe as a sea cucumber, but every spine is a nipple. The nipple spines are long and firm enough that they support its weight. I had to pick it up, and it was warm and shivering like a frightened chihuahua.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

The first dream of any consequence of 2019 and I have to dream about :kav:

Kavanaugh was living in the house where I grew up. I was a passive observer. He began to get really emotional, but not about 1982 calendars; he was recalling a time that he had been cruel to someone and was sobbing in regret for his actions. He was so emotional that I was beginning to feel for him.

Continuing with the political theme, I also dreamed of Mango Mussolini last month.

It was the 19th century, but Trump was president. He was extremely ill and staying in a hospital for treatment. To play nice, I decided to go with a group of people to see him in his room (which would never happen irl). We were able to just walk into the hospital, up a flight of stairs, and enter the room where the president was staying with little or no trouble.

Donny wasn't there, but as I was sitting and waiting for him, Patrick Stewart gave me a greeting card that was written in meme-y language (something along the lines of the old "I can haz cheezburger" stuff).

I've probably been reading too much USPOL...

F_Shit_Fitzgerald has a new favorite as of 07:31 on Jan 26, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

poo poo I'd go see him in hospital if he was extremely ill. Not gonna miss that for the world. Add a detour to the pillow cupboard maybe.