Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I suddenly became a genius musician, creating melodies and harmonies like the world had never heard before! I toured the world with my new music and people filled stadiums to be amazed at my musicianship! I had one song in particular that was a massive hit and everyone loved it.

Then I woke up and realized I hadn't actually written anything. It was 'Angels We Have Heard on High'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I was having a job interview with my old boss to get rehired at my old company. At the end of the interview he said he'd like to hire me but "you're clearly just saying the things you think I want to hear."

When I woke up I was still upset and confused about what else he wanted.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I don't know why last night's stress dream involved bicycling down the middle of a busy highway in the middle of the night to buy a mattress from the mall, and then bicycling it back home, but it was bad and I didn't enjoy it. drat bicycle wouldn't even go straight.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Astrofig posted:

Just woke up from an entire rhymed poem about celebrating Christmas with my vampire boyfriend and my family adjusting to it (they gifted him sheep and cats and dogs that were dressed like sheep, because apparently he only drank sheep blood?) They also remarked on how 'pretty' he was.

I love it when my dreams do poo poo like this because in the dream the poetry seems so profound but then I wake up and recall the poem and it was mostly poo poo like 'little jimmy went to town / little jimmy had to sit down'

anyway I dreamt I was back in highschool despite being 24 and the school gave out plastic wine glasses for kids to put... water?... in, to celebrate school being back in session, and after watching my old programming teacher take his shirt off for some reason I pulled out some white wine ("they won't notice, it's clear like water") and filled that plastic cup up and walked around my old high school getting wine drunk

I got so drunk, I could fly.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Thin Privilege posted:

White wine is yellow-ish...

Dream logic!

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

My dad invited Nick Robinson to Thanksgiving and he kept following me around the house trying to talk to me. :mad:

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I dreamt the newest animal celebrity was an owl named Tofu. He was famous for this ability to babysit cats.

I got to pet him :3

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Rollersnake posted:

I've had very vivid musical dreams that'll just vanish after I have the "realization" that this is actually X song by X band that I'm subconsciously plagiarizing, and of course it's not. I composed music in my sleep, and now it's irretrievably gone.

I wish I had these, but I really do just subconsciously plagiarize stuff.

I once dreamt I was a famous musician touring the word promoting my new smash-hit single, which was hailed as a revolution in modern songwriting, but when I woke up I realized it was literally just 'Angels We Have Heard On High'.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I dreamt that if you hovered over someone's photo on Facebook, you'd get a Sims-style popup menu including the options 'Send flirty message (cute)' and 'Send flirty message (kinky)'. I woke up panicked because I accidentally clicked the latter on some old man. :(

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I was in a friend's living room and a doctor showed up to give me Medical Assistance In Dying which I didn't want but I felt bad for him driving all the way out there by mistake so I just rolled with it and died

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I had another dream about dying on someone else's couch wtf

This one wasn't as funny though. I was very sick and talking with my friend about all the things we'd do once I was better and then I fell asleep and didn't wake up, the dream just continued in third person

Killingyouguy! has a new favorite as of 14:20 on May 30, 2022

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Splicer posted:

Sell your couch

I don't own a couch my apartment is too small :(

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I dreamt a goon bought me a new avatar but it was just a different hampsterdance gif

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

credburn posted:

I had a dream Biden was in town for some kind of event, and somehow circumstances made it so he and I were sitting at the same table, like in a big empty school cafeteria. He was talking to other people about stuff, but occasionally talk to me. He called me "slugger." I kept thinking, hey this is going to be neat, I'm going to tell people later I hung out with the president in a school cafeteria. At some point my ex was there, and she needed to talk to me. When we left the cafeteria, the dream ended.

Did you tell her he called you 'slugger'

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

Last night's dream was largely interpersonal stuff that is of no interest to anyone but me...but at some point in the dream I did pop on SA to look at "The Daily Meltdown", a new Leper's Colony-esque feature that linked to various threads where some poster was melting down

... Can we add this as a forums feature

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I was back in high school, and another high school toured to our school to perform their musical theatre piece for the year. It was a 5 hour long avant garde musical that incorporated multiple parts of the school so we had to move around to experience it. Between acts they slowly constructed a giant neon swastika on our auditorium stage, because 'art is provocative'. The soundtrack was mostly prog rock and the only song I remember was about an orphan falling off some subway stairs that weren't up to code and the ensuing legal proceedings

It was so long that between acts they served us pancakes

Killingyouguy! has a new favorite as of 14:15 on Aug 16, 2022

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I needed to go to the gym but the gym had changed locations. It was now in a strip mall surrounded by farm. I could walk, but i overshot, and got lost in the corn.

Backtracked, found the gym, realized i brought exactly no equipment. "poo poo, my trainer will be here soon, I need to get home and back fast, i'll take the bus"

instead of selecting my home, the google maps app decided i wanted to go to the next province over. I got on the wrong bus.

I wasn't allowed to get off the bus, because i had just consented to being part of "Bus Big Brother", which was, the tv reality show Big Brother, but on a bus

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

All I remember is that I fell in love with a guy who not only stretched his snake bites to a whole cm, but the plugs he put in them had... Hair extensions? Attached? It looked like a lovely fu manchu

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I was working at a home hardware and auto repair store but we had a freak snowstorm and got snowed in and had to spend the night there

One of my coworkers went insane and kept trying to plant trees indoors and build tree houses on top of the store shelves "it'll be just like animal crossing"

I tried to see if I could manage to get outside and we really were snowed in but we were across a parking lot from this industrial metal shack with a neon sign that said "ZIM ZUM" and I asked a coworker wtf that was and she was like "omg they're a black church show some respect"

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

There were just so many jira tickets. There were thousands

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I was in this little car centric town, trying to walk to literally anything interesting, but all the stores were either closed or inaccessible by foot. Night fell and I thought to walk across this sprawling outdoor mall to a 24h gym, I walked last so many abandoned fast food restaurants, there was a pile of those tall poles with logos on top lying sideways on the parking lot. I entered the building where the gym was supposed to be and it was some kind of fancy currency exchange or something. Asked where the gym was and the very pretty lady told me it had burned down bc the McDonald's next door didn't actually lead the vents on their range hoods to the outdoors.
I left but was pursued by some creepy guy trying to get me to join his Trump worship cult. It was like 3am.
The next day I went to the mall, to see a jpop concert, with all my coworkers. We then went to a restaurant that only serves mac and cheese. One of my coworkers paid for everyone.
I went out for a walk after, and ran into my mom. (irl, she died two weeks ago.) she had recovered fully from, uh, dying, and wanted to talk to me what what I'd said when I said goodbye to her. Which was kind of awkward honestly. But she gave me a hug and told me she loves me and that everything I had apologized for was OK. We still said goodbye with the understanding that this would be the last time we would talk.

The tonal shift at the end was brutal

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I was back in university and someone noticed how i was wearing a black t-shirt and I got invited to 'the dark clothing club'

But when I got there it was revealed to be 'the right wing dark clothing club' which was dedicated to the shared belief that Real Patriots believe that all women should wear goth clothes with their tits all the way out at all times 'for the sake of men's morale' or else they are Un-American. All the men were in normal business suits.
I got swarmed by students angry at me for wearing a normal t-shirt, and for not having implants ("your flat chest isnt inspiring the men, it's unpatriotic")
Unfortunately I was photographed at said event before this reveal took place. This meant I got even more unwanted attention from the world's weirdest chuds at school and on Facebook

e: I'm Canadian

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I pet a goat and got a gross skin disease that caused blisters to form and burst in rapid succession and then my mom drove our car into a lake

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Elevators show up frequently in my dreams, and every time they do, they never work correctly. They're always trapping me inside, or somehow traveling sideways, or going into freefall with me in them. You'd think I'd pick up that 'if this elevator doesn't behave normally, it means i'm dreaming'. No, it just means I'm lowkey anxious that the elevator might go into freefall when I'm awake, too.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

When they say 'sweet dreams' this is precisely what they mean

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I think you have to open all those threads now

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

All I remember is that I willingly threw myself into hell and the flames were not that bad and honestly kind of nice and somewhat like bathing in pop rocks

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

i dreamt last night that for dream reasons, news about our company dropped at midnight, so i stayed up til midnight while working from home at my dads, and we found out that there would be layoffs. Luckily everyone on my team kept their job... except me, i'd been laid off.
after crying at my desk for a long time (and posting about it on SA lmao) i went upstairs to see if dad was still up and he was, he was watching TV, but when i sat down on the couch and between sobs explained what happened, he just got mad, like 'why the gently caress are you crying to me about this now, if you were a good employee you wouldn't have gotten fired'
and shocked i was like, 'dad i was just laid off and this is how you're treating me rn?'
and he was like 'oh yeah because your case is sooOOoooOO sympathetic right now, you didn't even wait until morning to tell me this, it's the middle of the night, gently caress off'
i was so hurt i woke up lmao

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I dreamt I had a therapist to help me get better at Mario Party

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

YeahTubaMike posted:

Did it help?

No :(

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Also when recovering from surgery the other day I can't really describe the dream I had except that I figured out how to become so flat tuat I could slip through the space between the x y and z planes of 3d space to teleport into different dimensions

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Had a minor misunderstanding with an old classmate at a high school reunion, and by the time I got home she'd tweeted an entire thread doxxing my name, image, whereabouts, and saying I was a neonazi and advocating for my death :(

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

A plane crashed across the street from my home
So I called 911
They sent police instead of ambulances
The Good news was, all the passengers were fine!
The bad news was, now all the passengers are yelling at the police because they want the airline to reimburse them for their tickets
And now the police are yelling at me for calling them to a scene where they're just getting yelled at

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Dreamt I watched an anime about a sexy demon lady who had to seduce people into engaging with her piss kink to stay alive

I didn't enjoy it very much

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

loving HATE IT when they're out of breakfast chili and broccoli

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

My therapist published a magazine article about being my therapist, specifically about me and my problems. It included a pretty bad illustration of me

The rest of the dream was about biking back and forth from the grocery store. Usually being sick gives me weirder dreams, this time they've gotten way more boring

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

had to go inside a gamecube game to apply a patch that fixed the corrupt save data on a friends game. it was a racing game and the save data corruption meant the cars kept getting bigger with every lap.
The guy who was with me was scared of getting run over so i was like 'dude it's just a video game, it's fine, watch' and then got run over by 5 cars in a row on purpose

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

People kept hugging me and grabbing my rear end in the process and when I was like 'hey I'm uncomfortable could you not' everyone acted like I'm the unreasonable one and shunned me.

Then my boyfriend and I went house shopping (in the dream we could afford this) and he wouldn't let me buy the purple house with black saxophones painted on the outside

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Went back to my old university for an event. Stayed out late because 'eh, my apartment is only 20 minutes away'.

Late at night, took transit back to my old apartment when it suddenly dawned on me that I no longer live there and my home is actually 4 hours away in another city

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I got a double mastectomy and it left a ridge of scar tissue that jutted out of my skin by 2 inches and they didn't remove any skin so it all just flapped around