Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Dean heard they were offering vaccinations down at the corner store and thought they meant vasectomies and welp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

They both are, Bryan's just the one with a kid so the immediately most concerning one

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

3 A.M. Radio posted:

Jericho has said before that he hates dealing with the writing team, and likes house shows. Which is pretty much the same thing Big Show said recently, too.

I think that was also Batista's sentiment recently. If he could come back and just do house shows and not have to deal with lovely writing, he would.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Well it seems like the writing and producer dudes are all guys who have no real idea how wrestling works. So when these veterans are used to going out and being able to figure out on their own what they have to do are being told how to do pretty much everything I'm sure it's annoying as hell.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

i'm late to this one, but they can finally bring back the greatest wrestling stipulation in history, the custody ladder match, and it'll be the first ever women's one.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

It should have been an Izzy On A Pole match at Extreme Rules

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

The_Rob posted:

Well it seems like the writing and producer dudes are all guys who have no real idea how wrestling works. So when these veterans are used to going out and being able to figure out on their own what they have to do are being told how to do pretty much everything I'm sure it's annoying as hell.
Seems like the easiest solution to improving WWE tenfold would be to fire their lovely writers

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

When you think about it most wrestlers are cunts tbh

That's a fact, jack

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

They both are, Bryan's just the one with a kid so the immediately most concerning one

They should do an angle where James Ellsworth vaccinates Bryan's kid via blow dart and they have to do another investigation.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Eli Wiggum posted:

Seems like the easiest solution to improving WWE tenfold would be to fire their lovely writers

Even if you fired the writers, you still have to deal with Vince, so.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Matt Cappotelli's brain cancer returned :smith:

quote:

Waiting to be taken for my MRI and get prepared for my second brain surgery tomorrow. Just found out that the tumor that I had removed 10 years ago has come back much more aggressively and needs to be dealt with. It's a very large tumor and there is a portion that is inoperable. The portion that they are hoping to remove will be sent for pathology, which will determine what exactly we are dealing with and provide insight on future treatment plans and the next steps for the inoperable portion in my brain stem.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

Matt Cappotelli's brain cancer returned :smith:

Man gently caress cancer.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Cancer is a worthless jobber. Make it tap the gently caress out, Matt. :mad:

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009
The Face That's Master Race

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...

VJeff posted:

Even if you fired the writers, you still have to deal with Vince, so.

I'd really like to know when and why this became such a problem. When I listen to Bruce Prichard tall about how it was behind the scenes, it seems like the creative process was way smaller than what it is now.

While I do believe that Vince is just getting older and out of touch, I also believe the beginning of a lot of the problems can be traced back to when Stephanie, and later HHH, started taking on a bigger role in the company.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Eli Wiggum posted:

I'm convinced they effectively replace their writing staff every year, through attrition alone.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The_Rob posted:

The producers are retired wrestlers.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Web Jew.0 posted:

The Face That's Master Race

The House That AJ's Slaves Built

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

3 A.M. Radio posted:

I'd really like to know when and why this became such a problem. When I listen to Bruce Prichard tall about how it was behind the scenes, it seems like the creative process was way smaller than what it is now.

While I do believe that Vince is just getting older and out of touch, I also believe the beginning of a lot of the problems can be traced back to when Stephanie, and later HHH, started taking on a bigger role in the company.

Honestly I think a lot of it is Founder's Syndrome. A company achieves success doing things a certain way, so they keep doing things that certain way even when it might not work anymore.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Eli Wiggum posted:

Hard when the writer owns the company

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Maxwell Lord posted:

Honestly I think a lot of it is Founder's Syndrome. A company achieves success doing things a certain way, so they keep doing things that certain way even when it might not work anymore.
Especially when they end up the only game in town effectively.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just LOL if you think that Stephanie and her husband are going to run the company better than Vince

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

MassRafTer posted:

The producers are retired wrestlers.

I mean the suits who are just career corporate guys.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
HHH is the head of creative.

The_Rob posted:

I mean the suits who are just career company guys.

Career company guys don't understand wrestling? Kevin Dunn produced the show during its hot periods too you realize...

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

DoctorGonzo posted:

Just LOL if you think that Stephanie and her husband are going to run the company better than Vince

HHH is able to see things that the fans like but he doesn't get and go "well, ok, if they like it, let's go that way."

Vince can't. I don't think Steph can either. It's not much, but it is something.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kvantum posted:

HHH is able to see things that the fans like and book himself into them

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Kvantum posted:

HHH is able to see things that the fans like but he doesn't get and go "well, ok, if they like it, let's go that way."

On the opposite end, he saw Reigns (a guy he likes and fully supports) struggling to get cheers and thought the solution was he needed a Better Heel to beat

So he got a Rumble win and a world title. And still couldn't put over Reigns enough that the fans loved him.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Chris James 2 posted:

On the opposite end, he saw Reigns (a guy he likes and fully supports) struggling to get cheers and thought the solution was he needed a Better Heel

So he got a Rumble win and a world title. And still couldn't put over Reigns enough that the fans loved him.

that match may have gone just a microscopic amount better if it hadn't been proceeded by 6 hours of vince pissing on the fans to make roman the only winning babyface

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

that match may have gone just a microscopic amount better if it hadn't been proceeded by 6 hours of vince pissing on the fans to make roman the only winning babyface

But Dwayne

And A Flamethrower

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Scott Steiner posted:

The first change they should make is getting rid of Stephanie McMahon and Hunter McMahon, because they’re two idiots who are running the whole place up there. It’s like, I feel sorry for the wrestlers nowadays. They’ve got to follow the instructions of these two idiots that clearly don’t know what they’re doing. They’re not watching because the ratings are down, and the reason why I call him Hunter McMahon is because she obviously wears the pants.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Thought he was already? What's he been doing then??

*babyface run in*

Pondering suing the company?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hunter is not perfect by any means but there's like no way it can be a worse product when Vince dies. It's not possible.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

Hunter is not perfect by any means but there's like no way it can be a worse product when Vince dies. It's not possible.

While I fully believe it'll stay as bad throughout until it all finally collapses the way of the dodo, if anybody could make it worse I have full faith in it being because of him.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

sportsgenius86 posted:

Hunter: Hold my water bottle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkDXrXtE_eI

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

DoctorGonzo posted:

Look, I know you don't watch NXT, but there's two things about it that stick out above everything else.
1) The storytelling is simple, long-term and doesn't try to insult or outsmart the audience. It's just simple pro wrestling storytelling.
2) The wrestlers wrestle in the style that got them over on the outside.

There's a bunch of other stuff (championship matches always feel like a big deal, champions are kept very strong even if they're heels, sometimes the show will even start with a match and not a goddamn 20 minute promo, there's little to no 50/50 booking) but If just those two things hold over on when he gets control of the main roster, it'll get about a million times better.

Chris James 2 posted:

On the opposite end, he saw Reigns (a guy he likes and fully supports) struggling to get cheers and thought the solution was he needed a Better Heel to beat

I mean logically, that checks out. I think he just underestimated how loving much the audience hated Reigns. Also, yeah, Wrestlemania had been pretty terrible up to that match, which didn't help.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I can see him loving up big stuff by inserting himself but I just can't fathom the overall product being as lovely as it currently is.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

If Triple H runs WWE like he runs NXT the company will go under in like 3 years from all the money it'll lose.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

sportsgenius86 posted:

I can see him loving up big stuff by inserting himself but I just can't fathom the overall product being as lovely as it currently is.

"Time to push good looking bodybuilders with limited wrestling skill on the main roster, while consigning all the indy dorks I hired to build up goodwill with the fans to NXT. That's really all I need to make money with the network anyway, the main roster is my playground with that stupid old man out of the way" - HHH, probably in a couple of years

• Locked thread