Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
They're dead, so by not being Batman, I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat At Blimpees!
Aug 7, 2006
It's green, it flies, it's the Goblin Zeplin!
By being alive, despite life's best efforts.

Rock Paper Tongue
Oct 24, 2016

May cause birth defects

My mother approves of most of my choices, but both her and my mother-in-law want grandchildren and that's absolutely not loving happening.

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

Want to win a consultation with Tiffany? Click
here.
I don't really care if I am, I feel very little guilt about being a drunk goony loner, because my folks already have multiple grandchildren from their other kids.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
I moved to a different state and don't call them enough :(

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I've never brought home a Jewish girl

Only catholics and black women

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

They'd like me to borrow money from them but I'm doing okay.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

They'd like me to borrow money from them but I'm doing okay.

Strangely my parents seem to think that all I do is borrow money from them. I borrowed $300 from them exactly once in 2009.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
The atheism pretty much was all it took.

drans
Sep 1, 2016
Ramrod XTreme
Theyre both renowned history professors and i fight schizophrenics for a living. To be fair im pretty disappointed in them too

Dr. Snuggles
Dec 3, 2012

Tbh some of us (Pick) use this website more than others and I feel that I am unfairly subsidizing picks posting. Unless some kind of fee by post usage is enabled were basically instituting a forced welfare state of posting.
I am unscrupulous and always have my hands palm to the sky walking around like a toddler, begging for money so my parents get the vital feedback response of being needed.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

lllllllllllllllllll posted:

by not being the head of a big corporation

Hell, same

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I'm disappointing them by being extremely successful and having a giant ape dick, ladies pm me.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

ProfessorMurder posted:

I prefer to serve corn cut from the cob so I can shove the cob up my rear end

:same:

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Oh ya my mom is also super obsessed with having 'nice things' and is mad that my wife and I don't give a poo poo if our furniture is still just a random collection of stuff we bought over the years and not matching sets, same with our dinner plates and other stuff.

Sorry mom IDGAF if our plates don't match. They're clean and you can eat food off of them shut the gently caress up and quit telling me to spend money on poo poo I don't need or want.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

let my ham radio license lapse about 15 years ago (dad)

failure to write holiday and thank you cards (mom)

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

drans posted:

i fight schizophrenics for a living.

So like is there a league or something?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
single and no grandkids. pretty standard stuff i think

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
that i exist, mostly.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Infanitesimally

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
I failed to press their salic claim on the stamme-duchy of Swabia and it was usurped by a Hohenstaufen

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

by being transgender

(not a lame dig, i actually am and my mother is a trump voting north carolinian)

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

By not being a Christ-loving Republican.

edit: oh and also that im a success despite being a godless LIEBERAL. i think they'd find it reassuring if i was a miserable failure.

Total Party Kill fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jun 27, 2017

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*

walgreenslatino posted:

I failed to press their salic claim on the stamme-duchy of Swabia and it was usurped by a Hohenstaufen

every single time.

Talbot
May 5, 2013
By being a happy spinster. Being a miserable spinster would be fine apparently.

Missus Dill
May 8, 2007

I don't answer my dad's phone calls

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

landgrabber posted:

by being transgender

(not a lame dig, i actually am and my mother is a trump voting north carolinian)

m'lady

PM me

(lets have hot steamy nerd sex to spite ur mom)

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
they're both dead but I assume that in the afterlife, if there is one, they can watch me and I dunno read my thoughts or whatever

so I assume that they're disappointed by the fact that I'm reasonably successful, educated and stable yet spend all of my time with video games anime and self deprecating internet humor and my mind / internal monologue is basically a constant loop of goatse and "im gay" 24/7

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I'm not a racist Trumper and I spend time traveling and seeing poo poo and smoking weed and playing video games instead of wanting to live on a farm in the middle of nowhere and be miserable for no good reason at all

We don't talk much these days lol

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

General Dog posted:

I've been out of the house and held a steady job since college, but I imagine they kind of worry about me dying alone. If they knew more maybe they'd know I deserve it.

Yeah probably this one, with a side dish of the knowledge that they're not likely to get grandkids from my brother either, though he is married so there is still a chance there.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

Good soup! posted:

I'm not a racist Trumper and I spend time traveling and seeing poo poo and smoking weed and playing video games instead of wanting to live on a farm in the middle of nowhere and be miserable for no good reason at all

We don't talk much these days lol

smoking weed and playing videogames sounds like a pretty miserable life tbh

you're becoming your parents

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

walgreenslatino posted:

Wow, this is the worst thing itt

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Going into this thread I didn't expect 75% of the replies to be humble-brags. All this "they're disappointed that I'm too successful" reminds me of answering "what's your biggest weakness?" on a job interview with "I work too hard"

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

walgreenslatino posted:

Why did you do this? What's wrong with you?

hopes
Apr 29, 2013
I don't give a single gently caress about my parents

It's my life, man

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Blaise330 posted:

Going into this thread I didn't expect 75% of the replies to be humble-brags. All this "they're disappointed that I'm too successful" reminds me of answering "what's your biggest weakness?" on a job interview with "I work too hard"

THat is a weakness though. Never work hard

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

A few months ago I started a new job that I hate and now when I talk to them they can tell I'm depressed about throwing my life away and it makes them sad

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

So just get a new job

moron

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

DEATH IS CERTAIN

don't waste any more of your EXTREMELY LIMITED time on a job you hate

Soon you will be six feet under mate. The clock is ticking

tick tock tick tock

You just lost several seconds of your life reading this post. You're now even closer to death

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month

Fartbox posted:

DEATH IS CERTAIN

don't waste any more of your EXTREMELY LIMITED time on a job you hate

Soon you will be six feet under mate. The clock is ticking

tick tock tick tock

You just lost several seconds of your life reading this post. You're now even closer to death

I actually read this post on the clock, during the job I hate.

checkmate, fartbox.

• Locked thread