Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

unpacked robinhood posted:

The half clock in the back is super distracting.

8:20, la France qui se lève tôt

Edit lol the book is Mémoires de Guerre by Charles de Gaulle
Dude is crazy

Flowers For Algeria fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Jun 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

^at least it's not the gallic wars by gaius julius cesar

Flowers For Algeria posted:

8:20, la France qui se lève tôt
Also 2 iphones?

e: and some music because what are we the canadian thread?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaIDRUp2Luo

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Jun 29, 2017

Blut
Sep 11, 2009

if someone is in the bottom 10%~ of a guillotine
I think thats actually quite nice, aesthetically. The greenery and blue sky make it much nicer than the usual plain/indoor background to leader portraits.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Blut posted:

I think thats actually quite nice, aesthetically. The greenery and blue sky make it much nicer than the usual plain/indoor background to leader portraits.

Heck, I'm not even in France, and I'd put that portrait up in my workplace. :v:

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Edit lol the book is Mémoires de Guerre by Charles de Gaulle
Dude is crazy
He's a big strong man, he is. Tough. A leader.

Really, for the non-fascist alternative, this dude sure seems tempted by the fascist a e s t h e t i c

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

also he's tempted by the fascist way of treating migrants

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

also he's tempted by the fascist way of treating migrants

Oppression with a baby face.

Llyd
Oct 9, 2012
I'm always a bit put off by how any picture of him looks like a stock photo.
It was the same with his campaign flyer.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

"Le rouge et le noir" is one of the other 2 books. lol Is it a "wear a bullet proof vest" message to his wife?

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Kurtofan posted:

two rings

Well, if you believe the Brussels' scuttlebutt, he's got a boyfriend somewhere stashed in the city here.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
Mélenchon and the other representatives from his party are going to boycott Macron's knockoff State of the Union address.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Bulbo posted:

Here's the picture French goons will have to endure in every public building for the next five years:

https://twitter.com/EmmanuelMacron/status/880374825784619008

At least he doesn't look lost in the Elysée's gardens.

i'm the lovely lighting in this official staged photograph with lots of opportunities to install less lovely lighting

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Reminder that macron put his hand to his heart when he sings the Marseillaise, :shobon: . At least he is more up to date than loving Sarkozy.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

blowfish posted:

i'm the lovely lighting in this official staged photograph with lots of opportunities to install less lovely lighting

Whats wrong with the lighting ? Maybe a little too flat and direct but it's in character.
I like the greenery in the back too.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Whats wrong with the lighting ? Maybe a little too flat and direct but it's in character.
I like the greenery in the back too.

it's flat and also holy gently caress look at his forehead in comparison to the sides of his head :barf:

this looks like they grabbed a random paparazzo's camera with the flash bounce card up and didn't bother to actually cart a studio flash or two into the office

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
You can see some of the setup here btw https://mobile.twitter.com/SibNdiaye/status/880381431603658752/video/1

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Why the gently caress has Macron invited Trump to Paris?

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Gort posted:

Who the gently caress know. Reminder: one crazy guy tried to shoot Chirac straight up from the street when he drove up the Champs Elysées during the 14th of July Military parade. Maybe Macron need a solid excuse for his new liberticide security laws. Also maybe the republican party members asked him to get Trump outside of the country for a longer time again. Or he want to show Trump "paris didn't change" after Trump's rant a few month back, but it would be naive and honestly pointless if you ask me.

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jun 29, 2017

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Maybe Macron liked the whole deal that was made about him outhandshaking Trump and wants to repeat that magic. Or maybe he realises he's a piece of poo poo unless he's standing next to an even bigger piece of poo poo - and because the election is over and he can't really use Le Pen in that way, he has to go abroad.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
That's how I see it too.

In other news, Macron's got his excuse for the coming austerity measures:

https://twitter.com/libe/status/880426421503393792

Tl;dr: There's 8 billion missing for this year's budget, which could take France over the 3% public deficit line. Macron is of course blaming Hollande and his cabinet for overly optimistic forecasts. I'm sure as minister of the economy until last summer, he couldn't possibly have known anything about it. :ironicat:

Kassad fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jun 29, 2017

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

Interrogé par Le Monde sur la rupture d'Emmanuel Macron avec la tradition de l'interview présidentielle du 14 juillet, l'Elysée a donné une réponse surréaliste… Affirmant qu'il ne fallait pas y voir un "refus d'obstacle" du chef de l'Etat, qui n'a donné aucune interview depuis son élection, ses équipes expliquent tranquillement ce silence par le fait que la "pensée complexe" du président se prêterait mal à l'exercice.

Unlike previous presidents, Macron won't be interviewed by journalists on Bastille day because his "complex thought" is unfit for the exercise.

I used to be told "if you can't explain it you didn't understand it" but I'm no president now so what do I know.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
White ISIS tries to ram another mosque full of muslims in france

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/jun/29/france-mosque-attack-paris-creteil-car-crowd

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
/

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

"Domestic terrist so loving stupid he can't even correctly hit man with car".

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Gort posted:

So he can show off to his mates by giving him another lovely handshake, cementing him as the woke hero of Europe

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Unlike previous presidents, Macron won't be interviewed by journalists on Bastille day because his "complex thought" is unfit for the exercise.

I used to be told "if you can't explain it you didn't understand it" but I'm no president now so what do I know.

Jupiter works in mysterious ways

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
It's because he's opposed to the storming of the Bastille isn't it

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
https://twitter.com/leLab_E1/status/880655193754480641

Benoit Hamon tweeted a picture of a kebab and it was retweeted twice as many times as Macron's official photo.

Votez kebab, pas néolibéral.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
loving liberals seeing the institutions of power as a giant West Wing LARP are gonna kill us all

https://twitter.com/Manuelatreide/status/880437870225436672/photo/1

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

exmarx posted:

It's because he's opposed to the storming of the Bastille isn't it

Nah, it's because he knows actually saying what he's going to do will crash his approval rating just like what happened to Hollande.

Bulbo
Nov 4, 2012

Thank god for incompetent terrorists, between the failson on the Champs Elysées and Vanilla ISIS over there we've been really lucky.

On another note, RIP Simone Veil, holocaust survivor, health minister who legalized abortion and former president of the European Parliament.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Simone Veil and Louis Nicollin died the same day

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Kurtofan posted:

Simone Veil and Louis Nicollin died the same day
Two names i wasn't expecting in the same sentence. Well at least it solves the "what woman to put in the Pantheon" problem. :(

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
https://twitter.com/Micbloch/status/880737161187913728

:agesilaus:

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Yeah can we have Kratos, please.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Al-Saqr posted:

White ISIS tries to ram another mosque full of muslims in france

Aaand it's a disabled schizophrenic Armenian.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

i'm imagining bruno le maire in a toga and little winged shoes on his feet, and you are too now

also Hermès is greek you gently caress, it's Mercure!

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jun 30, 2017

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

emmenez moi

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
who's bacchus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kassad