Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pluskut Tukker
May 20, 2012

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

What's going on with all these African interventions that France is involved in? I assume they are protecting some business interests/resource extractions?

Meet Françafrique, France last shot at maintaining the delusion that it was still an empire, even if it meant having to rearm the fleeing Hutu génocidaires in Rwanda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pluskut Tukker
May 20, 2012

I *think* Absurd Alhazred is referring to a regular segment on Stephen Colbert's former show, Better Know a District, featuring members of Congress expertly taken the piss out of. Here's a random example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNsToGp_yUc