Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«5 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Exmond
May 31, 2007

Arguing about anime since 99

Welcome to Vancouver, home to two and a half million people , and only a fraction of those people know what lurks in the shadows of the city. We got a melting pot of people here, ranging from Caucasian to Chinese to metis and an even bigger mix when it comes to the supernatural. Ranging from cannibalistic wendigos near Smuggler's cover or the Chinese triad Oracles in greater downtown Vancouver has it covered, even legless men who create rivers . Its a melting pot of species, races and magic.. And its about to explode.

The young are yelling at the city to provide affordable housing and racial tensions are rising. The werewolves and vampire gangs are profiting off of the growing homeless population. With their new found profits the werewolves and vampires are looking at taking over Vancouver. The council of twelve are too busy grooming their political candidate to become premier to care, letting the small fish have Vancouver as they aim to take the province. The mortal authorities are doing their best to adapt and looking at allowing some more “extreme” measures. Everybody in Vancouver is clamoring for a change to loving happen and the city is at full boil.

Welcome to Vancouver, hope you survive the coming storm...






The Setting

Welcome to loving vancouver, biggest city in British Columbia. Though with all the factions making a grab for power the city is sure feeling small.... Everyone wants something and there isn't enough to go round. Something is gonna give.

The city has some custom moves

Sky train rules: I didn't see nothing, I didn't hear nothing
Discuss secrets/Make deals on public transportation with no witnesses

The city pays out 
When the city demands a cost, if you pay it you get rewarded

A storm is coming, you can feel it in the air
Spend a debt to find out if that person is part of a threat clock

Promises are as good as debts

  • When you make a promise and fulfill it, consider it the faction move pay off your debts
  • When you make a promise and haven't fulfilled it yet, the other play may mark it as a promise and state what you need to do
  • When you make a promise and break it On purpose, If the person who had the promise finds out they gain 2 debts on you
  • When you make a promise and fulfill it and it provided you great difficutly, ask the MC and gain a debt on the person who you fulfilled the debt and mark the faction move pay off your debts

Rules and FAQ
OOC thread is here
Please make your rolls in the discord channel!
The google spreadsheet full of debts is posted in discord, under the Debt Tracker

Exmond fucked around with this message at Aug 30, 2017 around 02:47

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Arguing about anime since 99

Current Players

Allana the Wizard played by The Lazy Blank
Sal the Revenant played by RandallODim
Kelly James the Aware played by Ferrosol
Shin-Hye the Vampire played by Tricky
Olivia Salois the Oracle played by Green Bean

MAJOR FACTIONS

Council of Twelve [Power]
The council of twelve is an organization of the most influential wizards, oracles and curator of ancient artifacts. Using their collective power they have managed to wrest control of downtown vancouver and rule it quite well. There has been many attempts by the other factions in the city to take downtown and all has been met with failure. He-who-Sings was silenced before a single not left their lips by the foretellings of Lady Glenrose. The Stoop werewolves were laid low by the council's champion, Homeless Bob. The council has swatted down so many threats at downtown that nobody tries anymore.

With their territory firmly defended the council has focused on expanding their reach, and they have been grooming a political candidate to become premiere. Should their plan succeed the council's reach will expand across the province, but there has been internal infighting over if this is the right plan.


New Westminster PD [Mortality]
Somehow, someway the loving New Westminister PD has found itself as the protector of the innocent in this supernatural world. Lead by DeVoursney the New westminister PD has managed to keep the supernatural threat under control. An uneasy alliance (and massive funding) by the council of twelve has managed to curb even the bigger threats to the general public. The recent rise in racial tensions has caused New Westminister to get more violent and the public at large is wondering what the PD is doing with all those massive charity donations...



Arcanis and the Body of Ghosts [Night]
“Offer somebody some drugs, profit. Lace the drugs because his buddy wants him dead, profit. Then enslave the por sods spirit, profit. Recycling at its finest” Thats the motto of Arcanis and probably the most anyone knows about Arcanis' identity. Arcanis is the goto person for drugs, illegal weapons and whatever else you need. Doing dead drops with his body of ghosts there is hardly any place Arcanis can't get to and they have flourished. Arcanis produces the drugs, the ghosts deliver them and so far it has been working out. Rumor out on the street is that somebody is onto how Arcanis is enslaving the ghosts.. and that's just bad business...


Copperstone security [Wild]
Copperstone Security has flourished in recent months. Having to build up their office in Burnaby the security company now employs about 50,000 people and several more if you ignore the official reports. No training necessary, free gym workouts and free self defence lessons (Along with great insurance coverage in case of injury) the company has managed to earn a good impression from Vancouverites. Never mind the nasty “fake news” reports of employees being harmed at the job site , that's just false. Some employees are wondering if Copperstone Security is going to go world wide or what the next plan is, but so far there has been no mentions from the CEO.





MAJOR PLAYERS
Miss Copperstone (WILD)

Copperstone entered the scene a few years ago, arriving in a puff of brimstone smoke and fire. With her demonic underlings she managed to scrape a few city blocks and transform it into her territory, but only barely.
Now you can't go a few city blocks without seeing the Copperstone Security logo and her goons -for-hire are everywhere. While her territory hasn't grown she has managed to thrive in Vancouver, offering deals to the homeless or powerful. She seems to have her hand in every major deal going on in the city but hasn't had a chance to capitalize on it.


Dominic De-Luca(POWER)


Dominic De-Luca is the Council of Twelve's star child. He has been groomed since they found him in an orphanage to lead. De-Luca is currently on the fast-track in the political world and is the mayor of Vancouver and his sights are set on much bigger things. Rumor has it that several political parties have been meeting with De-Luca in a bid to get them over to their side. With the council of twelve backing him there isn't much stopping his plans, save for the current housing situation in Vancouver.

Captain DeVoursney (MORTALITY)
Police captain DeVoursney found himself on the wrong side of the council of twelve and was setup to run the New Westminister Special forces division in an attempt to sabatoge his career. Except he did what the council never expect him to do, he excelled at it. He soon found himself leading the whole PD and the council was overjoyed that he managed to maintain the masquerade while also maintaining order. The years haven't been kind to him, as the stress of managing a supernatural PD force, a normal PD force and trying to raise his 18yr old daughter has gotten his blood pressure up. With the public screaming at more transparency, the council threatening to cut his funding and the innocent faces he can't save haunting his sleep something has got to give...

Exmond fucked around with this message at Jun 28, 2017 around 00:08

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Arguing about anime since 99

Rules of the World
Rules created by the players throughout play

Business hours only please
When the FaeInfiltrate the mortal realm and the place is protected by a cross-iron horseshoe, they must be invited first before they can enter. Fae are considered "the public" so they can enter any area the public can without an invitation.


Side Characters

Murphy
Description: 35 year old caucasian blonde women with curls, Murphy is copperstone's “head” lieutenant, and by lieutenant we mean chew toy. Murphy isn't especially badass or skilled but she does manage to see her jobs through.
Position: Copperstone's head lieutenant


Ella
Description: 20 year old black fae with horns, Ella is the proprieter at the Goats Horn tavern. She is the producer of Natures Kiss and is striving to increase its influence. She also serves the summer court in some faction.
Position: Hotstess of Goats Horn Tavern and supplier of Natures Kiss
Summary: tiefling producer of Drugs and tavern owner


Jean-Paul
Description: 23 year old metis Drug Dealer Jean-Paul is a scumbag in a city full of scumbags. An up and comer in the gang name his raise came to an abrupt end when his wife died of an overdose. Their son was taking by child protection agency and every since then Jean-Paul has just been doing odd jobs for whomever will shell out cash.
Summary: 23 year old scumbag with a son, informant
Position: No significance


Promises
  • Shin-Hye promised to find out why the vampire are attacking Ivy's shop
  • Reginald promised to setup a meet between Shin-Hye and Jean-Paul

Exmond fucked around with this message at Nov 28, 2017 around 17:36

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Arguing about anime since 99

pre:
Alanna
Alanna you got a hot lead that something was happening down in the sewers from Lady Glenrose.  Her visions into the future were clouded and murky but you she was able to point you to a lower part of the sewer system near one of the maintenance hallways.  As the city above celebrates canada day you are walking around in the dimly lit sewers, Arcanis ghosts did an amazing job of cleaning up the place but its still a sewer... You detected an enchantment surrounding the area that obscured the hallway from sight and mind, making it near impossible to stumble upon the maintenance hallway. Fortunately you have a reputation of doing the impossible and whomever setup the enchantment left an opening if the user specifically knew where to go. Forcing your way through the enchantments you lift the veil and find yourself in the maintenance hallway, smack dab in the middle of tense negotiations between 3 demons and Isabella the Red. Isabella stares at you and glares daggers at you and the demons eye you as if you were dinner.

The largest demon takes a step forward but a smaller demon, wearing primitive loincloth, stops them. The smallest demon turns towards Isabella and asks in a sing song voice “We said... aloooone. Who is this?”

What do you do?


pre:
Olivia
Olivia you sigh as you close the door and rub your temple. Using your powers this early in the morning is always a pain. As you let your hands you feel a jolt of energy pass through the room. A single card falls out from your assorted occult knick knacks and The Five Of Wands drops. A card that signifies conflict, or an obstacle blocking your path. As you bend down to pick it up you hear argued shouting outside your apartment complex. You strain to listen and it sounds like Murphy is arguing with someone. You groan and would like to chop up a random tarot card dropping to the floor as simple coincidence but when your Olivia Salois nothing is a coincidence....

What do you do?


pre:
Kelly
Kelly, the recent tension in the council of twelve has exploded in a passive aggressive tug of war between wizards. Unfortunately since wizards are involved what comes off as them as passive really means “Blow up a single building or two instead of a whole city block”. Small gangs have been warring off each other as Elias gives a vague promise of an enchanted item or two. Which is making your life hell.

You are walking in Port Coquitlam doing the beat and so far it has been uneventful, even for a canada day celebration. A parking ticket here or a misdemeanor there, you spy a few people drinking beer out on the street but pass them by. Taking a look you realize you are near the area of one of the missing kids, near the area the old homeless man told you he saw the prettiest boy rip a hold in the air. You could wander down to the area and investigate but it's not exactly on your patrol route. Captain might have your rear end if you don't fulfill your quota of parking tickets this month.

What do you do?

pre:
Shin-Hye


Logan hangs up on your in a huff as you continuing walking down the street in Downtown Vancouver. Walking through the hustle and bustle of the city before it celebrates the 150th birthday of canada is invigorating and you can feel the excitement as you pass several people. You figure you have a few hours before Logan and the police force make a move. On the other hand you also promised to get Chase out of jail. So many opportunities, so little time...

code:
What did you tell Logan and what gang are they going after?
How is your vampire dealing with the sunlight from mid-day vancouver?
What do you do?


pre:
Sal

Having a toaster hand you a job request wasn't the oddest thing you encountered today, the clean sewers are! As you walk around in the sewer you muse to yourself that you have slept in dirties places. Arcanis has done a wonderful job of cleaning up the place. Arcanis asked you to “patrol the sewers” since something was de-ghosting his ghosts. You can barely hear the Canada day celebrations above you and you are pretty sure they don't involve moaning. Alert on high you turn around to see a ghost ..limping.. (Do they even limp you ask yourself) off in the distance, ectoplasm dripping between its ethereal form and onto the slick cement of the sewer.


What do you do?

Exmond fucked around with this message at Jun 28, 2017 around 02:28

thelazyblank
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!



Blood -1, Heart 1, Mind 1, Spirit 1 | Mortality 1, Night 0, Power 1, Wild 0
Harm 0 00 00 | Corruption 00000

Well, this is not what I was expecting.

I’m not sure what I was expecting, but a wizard of the Council negotiating with some demons in the corner of a sewer where there have been a rash of rather final banishings have taken place. I mean, I guess the veil should have been a clue. I was hoping for just some talking sewage or some sort of guardian spirit.

I keep my pistol in the concealed holster, putting my hands up in front of me, looking at the demon who’s at least asking questions first. “My name is Alanna. Not with her. Just happen to run into a subtle enchantment, and thought it was suspicious, that’s all.” I won’t say anything about the quality of the veil, just stick to the facts. “Was following a lead on some of the.. Well, murdered isn’t the right word, but the forcefully banished ghosts. You’ve heard about it, right?”

None of these people would usually be involved in causing problems with the ghosts. Isabella has her own problems, if the Council rumors are to be believed, and Copperstone isn’t the type to get spirits removed unless they did something to her personally. But then she’d take credit and tell Arcanis to shove it up his metaspiritual rear end. So I just walked into someone else’s dealings, and now am probably going to get caught up in yet another Council mess.

“Since I’m here, you wouldn’t happen to be looking for the same thing?” The chances of that are slim to none unless the ghosts promised something bigger and better for the big players to get them motivated. But, it’s the better question to ask instead of what they’re doing here. I don’t want to know. You know, for my health. And hope this isn't a giant setup.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010



Blood: -1 Heart: 1 Mind: 2 Spirit: 0| Mortality 1, Night 0, Power 1, Wild 0
Harm 0/5 | Corruption 0/5

The captain can kiss my rear end! Sorry it's been a rough day. The crowds are buzzing and the criminals are working overtime.I've already had to remind a few drunks to keep a lid on it. but so far I haven't had to go full on hard-case on anyone. I miss the days when I thought the worst a gang war could get was the occasional knifing or drive by shooting. Nowadays I know a Wizard can level a building and laugh it off as a minor temper tantrum. Well I suppose they always could but it's not like finding out has done wonders for my mood.

Truth is I couldn't give a drat about meeting my quota of traffic stops the captain clearly doesn't like me. I'm a "trouble maker, not a team player." that was my last official evaluation so it only makes sense that whatever I end up doing will piss him off. That being the case I might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb as my old grandad used to say. I'm going to go investigate see what I can dig up. I mean I didn't join the force to hand out traffic violations. The one nice thing about the holiday is that the crowds mean everyone will be out and milling about and no one should notice me meeting with some of my informants. Hopefully one of them will be able to give me a more solid lead than that one homeless guy.

Jean-Paul should be the best he's a low level dealer who works these blocks if anyone knows what the junkies around here might have seen he's my best bet, providing I can get him to talk to me of course.

hitting the streets for Mortality
/r 2d6+1
SidekickBOT - Today at 7:00 PM
@Kelly James (Ferrosol): 2d6+1 = (6+6)+1 = 13

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Blood +2 | Heart +1 | Mind +0 | Spirit -1 || Mortality +2 | Night +1 | Power -1 | Wild +0
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Location: Downtown Vancouver

Logan is a fuckin' prick, no two ways about it, but he's honorable in his own way. Admittedly the kind of honor that means he'll tell ya he's coming to rip out your heart, but what do you expect from a cop? Fuckin' powertrips ain't gonna stop when they have zero accountability. I finally growl, "Yeah, yeah. Take your boys down to the Moonwalker turf at midnight. You know that high-rise offa Osler? The meet's going down then and there. Bring your vamp slayin' poo poo, it's lookin' to be a real shootin' gallery." I pause as he talks some more poo poo, then say, "Yeah, yeah, fuckin' love you too buddy. You owe me big for this. Don't think I work for free or nothin'."

I sigh, then shove my burner back into one of the many pockets of my big-rear end coat. Ain't bad enough that I'm forced to work with the fuckin' fuzz, but I had to get up early to do it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not gonna melt or nothin'. Maybe the bloodsuckers do, but I just get mad tired. Not too bad if I bundle up in a coat 'n hood, but I'm still yawning as I pick my way through the crowd. The contact high I'm gettin' off the crowd is helpin' a bit, but I'm gonna need somethin' a little heavier to get all the poo poo done that needs doin'. Ella's joint is closed, so that's gonna need to wait. Figure that leaves me hookin' up with Crimson Moon to coordinate our play. Logan's boys are goin' for shock and awe. They're not in the business of holding turf. I figure I cut a deal, make sure they know where to close shop and where to be when the time is right, and I'll end the night with a pocket fulla favors and a chunk of turf ta call my own.

I pull out a different phone and punch in the number I got off Chase. Ivy was the Crimson Moon Alpha and a real hard-case. My kind of lady, as it happens. When she picks up, I say, "Yo, Ivy? This is Shin-Hye. ... Yeah, the vamp. Listen, I got some poo poo you need to hear. The fuzz is makin' some big plays tonight and I think we can both make out like bandits. Mind if I drop by? ... Yeah, fine. I'll be there in 15."

Before I slip the phone away, I send Sal a text. Sounded like she was a little slammed with her own poo poo, but she's usually down to dust a few bloodsuckers. Figure I'll put the offer out and see if she bites.

@Sal posted:

Yo, word is there's a big score tonight. You free to dust some vamps?

That done, I head for the meet. Ivy's got a barbecue joint she does business outta. Supposed to be pretty good, just don't ask what kind of meat they're usin'. Rumors is rumors, you know? That kinda chow isn't my jam, not anymore, but who knows? Might get a meal of my own in.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 12:34 PM
@Shin-Hye (Tricky): 2d6+1 Shin-Hye Hits the Street to get some heat for the coming festivities (+Night) = (2+5)+1 = 8

Ivy's got her own problems, but I'm sure Shin-Hye can help sort them out!

Tricky fucked around with this message at Jul 1, 2017 around 18:37

Green Bean
May 3, 2009



Blood: 0 Heart: -1 Mind: +1 Spirit: +2 | Mortality 0, Night 0, Power 1, Wild 1
Harm 0/5 | Corruption 0/5

Olivia pinched the bridge of her nose as she went to her kitchen cupboard. First thing's first, before she stuck her nose into anything, was to take care of this headache in waiting. It sounded like Murphy out there, and she didn't want to handle a possibly demonic killing machine with divided attention. She rummaged through, pushing aside the rose quartz stones and willow bark tea she sold to clients to fix their headaches until she found the box of generic aspirin. She washed down a couple of pills with water from the sink as the noises got louder. loving Five of Wands. She set her glass aside and stomped to her open window.

She stuck her head outside and yelled down at whoever was making the noise. "Keep it down, will you!? It's barely seven!" Five of wands, right? Sometimes it was a prediction, other times a suggestion.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

He presumably spends
his time traveling the world, annihilating any rapper foolish enough to challenge him



Blood: 2 Heart: 1 Mind: -2 Spirit: 1 | Mortality: -2 Night: 1 Power: 1 Wild: 2
Harm: ▢| ▢▢ | ▢▢ | Corruption: ▢▢▢▢▢

loving Arcanis and his loving ghosts. I figured he'd send me to do something after I tipped him off about the plotting, but, gently caress, babysitting ghosts in a sewer? I don't care how clean it is, that's a bullshit job.

My hand snaps to my cannon as I turn towards the moaning, but I relax as I see it's just a ghost... bleeding? "Do ghosts even bleed?"

"Sometimes," Raven chimes in from her perch on my shoulder.

"Well no poo poo," I reply, gesturing ahead with my free hand. "I can kind of see that." Raven pecks under her wing, though I'm pretty sure she's just trying to pretend not to hear me. "Why, though?"

"For as many reasons as living things bleed, of course," she responds, beak still rooting around beneath her wing.

I sigh. "Okay, why's this one bleeding?"

"Why don't you ask it?" Sometimes I hate my loving bird mom.

"Fine," I say, through gritted teeth, before starting after the ghost. "Hey, uh, ghost! What's- uh- what's goin' on down here?"

RandallODim fucked around with this message at Jul 26, 2017 around 16:57

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Arguing about anime since 99

pre:
Alanna

As you mention that you are not with Isabella the bigger demon growls and spines start growing out of its body, making it look like a porcupine that hit the gym. The demon's red skin ripples as their jaw audibly extends forwards and the demon opens its maw so wide that it could easily bite of your head. Before the demon can act Isabella's red cloak shimmers and whips around the demons jaw clamping it shut.

“ Your mistress asked for secrecy when she set up this meeting, I never said I agreed!” Isabella snaps at the demons “And you didn't bring the proper components for the ritual so I need help!” Isabella motions to you.

The smaller demon, the leader you realize by now, looks at Isabella questioningly. “You summoned her? She knows not of our purpose”.

Isabella taps her foot in exasperation “Im a loving wizard, I summon faeries and control the elemental golems without even themselves knowing why.” Sighing she turns to you “ Alanna, we are here to steal an important book from a very evil person. I'd tell you more but its council business and a need to know basis.” Pointing at the demon she continues “There. Now Alanna knows why we are here and I need her help to perform a ritual since you messed up. Alanna, you are good at keeping secrets aren't you? We have.. other ways.. of making sure you keep our secret..” Isabella looks at you, her hands weaving in and out as she harnesses energy.

Everyone turns to face you, porcupine demon body-builders to your right and Isabella to your left..


What do you do?

pre:
Olivia

You look down at the street of your run-down apartment building and see Murphy surrounded by 3 people dressed in black suits. One of them has a golden dagger pointed at her that glints in the light. The people of Vancouver are nowhere to be seen as your neighboor hood has a reputation for this kind of thing (random muggings and stabbings, not supernatural entitiies). As you yell out the window all 3 of them look up at you and you see three of the same face stare back up at you.

Murphy takes this opportunity to book it into the apartment and the 3 men continue to stare. Two of them notice Murphy booking it and go after her. The other continues staring at you and finally yowls up at you, its masculine voice

“You.. You've seen it haven't it.. You've touched it, tasted its history... I would like to have words with you and I'm prepared to pay for it”

What do you do?



pre:
Kelly

Rounding a corner you find your snitch, Jean-Paul, buying some ice-cream in a long line of customers trying to beat the July heat. Buying two ice-cream cones he bends down and gives one to the young boy standing beside him. You wait for the cross light to turn green, taking some cover from the noon-day sun in the shade of a large building. You cross the street along with the other throngs of Vancouverites and approach Jean-Paul. As they leave the line you approach him from behind. YOu will have a bit of privacy in the large crowd but if anyone is singling you out there might be problems.

What do you do?


pre:
Shin-Hye


As you walk up to the entrance of Over the Moon BBQ you spy about a few of the local riff-raff eying you over. Probably part of Ivy's defence crew, they must be getting sloppy if you can actually spot them. You see a pair of “Waiters” if you could call the thick headed brutes waiters at the door. They spot you and nod appropriately, though they keep their hands close to the forks and knives they are folding into paper napkins. Hell between the guards, toughs waiting outside and the extra dents in the brick and mortar foundation of the store it doesn't take a genius to figure out something has the Crimson Moons on the edge. The tension is so thick you are getting a bit hungry...

Before you can enter Ivy steps from outside the kitchen and onto the veranda, a large bloody cleaver raised in her hand. Seeing you she drops it and tries to give you a hug.

“Bloody hell its nice to see you Shin-Hye.” she says in her southern drawl. With a whistle two beers are thrown from the kitchen and she catches them with grace. She sits down on one of the large wooden table and offers you a beer as the waiters move out of sight, but not yelling range, to give you some privacy. “Hopefully our grace's palette can still handle the swill they call beer here in vancouver?”

What do you do?

pre:
Sal

As you run up to the ghost she turns to you and in the faint light of the sewer you notice its a small young lady with red aburn hair. Shes fading in and out of the etheral and the rest of her is grey, save for a small hankerchief that has the name “Anna”on it. She pauses and looks like she's about to run but the Raven on your shoulder gives out one large “CAAAW” that reverberates throughout the sewer and the ghost stands still... And something farther away lets out a menacing growl. The ghost turns to you, panic growing in her eyes, and she lets out a moan that spurts into many images. The connection between you and death make the images easier to decipher, hell your almost a ghost yourself if you think abut it. You see a ritual circle, chanting and singing around the circle and something dark and very hungry biting into the ghost.

You see the ghost clutching what remains of her sides, a large black thorn sticking out of her gore filled stomach.

What do you do?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Blood +2 | Heart +1 | Mind +0 | Spirit -1 || Mortality +2 | Night +1 | Power -1 | Wild +0
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Location: Downtown Vancouver

I pull Ivy into big ol' bear hug when she comes in close. She's a bad bitch who knows her way around a cleaver, yeah, but we get on alright. It's why I'm working with the mutts rather than the bloodsuckers, yanno? They get the poo poo that keeps a band going. Family and loyalty and all that fuckin' business. The kind of thing I used to have with my boys in the UN. As we sit down, I flick off the bottlecap, catch it in my free hand, and slap it down on the table. I clink my bottle with hers, take a pull, and make a face, "Jesus, Ivy, you fillin' these out back?" She laughs. My kind of lady, yeah?

We share a little companionly chit-chat after that as we work our way through the beers. I mention I got a line on springin' her boy Chase. Gave 'im my word and all, but might as well get some warm fuzzies from his boss, yeah? A few minutes later, I finally set my empty down. Not feelin' it. Not even a little. Normal poo poo like this just kinda runs on through, just like with regular people. 'Course I can't get drunk, high, or anything like that unless I'm hitting that Fae poo poo that Ella's got in the back. Doesn't take the edge off the hunger either. Only a good feedin' does that, but I figure Ivy's got some more pressing poo poo on her mind.

I lean back against the table, "Aight, here's the score. The Westies are going to be puttin' on a fireworks show at the Moonwalker's high-rise tonight. Figured you might be interested in a little give 'n take. They're gonna be bleedin' bad after a hit like that. Between us, I figure we can sweep 'em outta Oakside. Got a line on some of their branch offices. Should be nothin' but a skeleton crew. Most of the high-end shits are gonna be covered in some willie-pete or whatever the hell else the Westies lifted from the army." I wait a moment, then add. "Alls I'm askin' is a piece of the take. Some turf, some loot, enough to get some boys of my own set-up. Your lot would be doin' most of the liftin', not gonna short change ya. 'Sides, I'd rather run with ya then do the dance."

I let that hang. Ivy's no fool, she ain't gonna take my word for it straight. Gotta give her some time to see what her sources are sayin'. Meanwhile, I figure we can talk about some other business, "Course, lookin' like you've been fightin' a war in these parts." I crook an eyebrow at 'er. "Anything that needs a little attention? You know I got that... delicate touch." I grin. "What's a favor or three between friends, yeah?"

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 3:54 PM
@Shin-Hye (Tricky): 2d6+1 Shin-Hye persuades Ivy! = (2+6)+1 = 9

Since Shin-Hye is Irresistible, that's a 10+. Ivy goes for the tit-for-tat offer.

Tricky fucked around with this message at Jul 1, 2017 around 18:37

thelazyblank
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!



Blood -1, Heart 1, Mind 1, Spirit 1 | Mortality 1, Night 0, Power 1, Wild 0
Harm 0 00 00 | Corruption 00000

"The only parts of that I believe is that you need my help, and that you're taking something from someone. And even then, the last part I'm fifty-fifty on." Goddamn Council oracle sending me into a mess like this instead of getting me what I wanted. Why am I not surprised. Still, it'd be one way to get some future help if I need it. Plus, turning them down will involve a lot more running away than I'd like right about now. "Also, I've lived this long by not blindly agreeing to help with rituals I know nothing about. Ones that keep me in the good graces of the Council, for one. So, how about we talk about the ritual before I agree to anything other than keeping your secret. I'm not going to do any ritual sacrifices of people, for example. And since you kinda need my help more than I need yours right now, I'm sort of in the need to know category when it comes to what I'm about to agree to."

quote:

Alanna (TLB) - Today at 8:49 PM
/r 2d6+1 #Persuade Isabella
SidekickBOT - Today at 8:49 PM
@Alanna (TLB): 2d6+1 Persuade Isabella = (4+2)+1 = 7
Partial hit.

"If you're actually getting something important out of bad hands, I doubt you're using anything too devious to get in. Sorta removes the moral high ground with the Council if you take a necromancer's tome by using human sacrifice. We both know how much the Council loves that moral high ground."

Green Bean
May 3, 2009



Blood: 0 Heart: -1 Mind: +1 Spirit: +2 | Mortality 0, Night 0, Power 1, Wild 1
Harm 0/5 | Corruption 0/5

Olivia called back to the weird triplet (were they really identical, or was it just too early in the morning?). "It's on my website; you gotta call ahead for an appointment. I might be able to fit you in at nine..." She quickly moved away from the window and to her apartment door, where she double checked the chain, the deadbolt, and the wolfsbane. Then, she went to her bedroom and got a baseball bat out of her closet; and they said the intramural softball team would be a waste of time at uni! Now semi-armed, Olivia returned to the door and listened for the telltale sounds of Murphy and possibly two identical pursuers.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Arguing about anime since 99


Ivy considers your offer for a moment then gives a big toothy grin. “Taking out those yellow bellied bastards would be a kindness, even more so if we get some more equipment. Hell the vampires have been attacking us ever since we got that job hoisted on us..” Ivy mournfully stares at a broken down motorcycle as a scruffy looking kid tries to repair it. You raise on eye and Ivy continues on after taking a sip of the beer.

“ loving Elias gave asked for some protection a while back, and by asked I mean we got volun-told. You don't say no to a man like Elias and survive. So we help his crew do a raid, we just sit out on a building and make sure nobody bothers him. Ever since then the vampires have been coming after our turf...”

Ivy downs the bottle and gives out a short whistle. A lean built man wearing a “Best Rubbed Meat” apron emerges from inside with two bottles of beer. He lays them down on the table and Ivy snaps open the bottle as the July heat continues to make the place warm, but not sweltering.

“So the vampires have been attacking our turf but its .. disorganized. Mostly been one or two vampires coming in, not a whole group. And gently caress, maybe we are getting soft but one or two vampires we should be easily able to handle.. But these ones are attacking with a ferocity... Like a wounded wolf or something”

Ivy sighs and then suddenly pauses as her ears prick up. The scruffy kid who was working on the bike slowly reaches for the largest wrench he can find and stands up. Ivy looks to the side to one of the alleyways leading to the main street. As A large cheer is heard from the crowd and she visible relaxes.

“I don't think I can spare many of the pack to help you out while the vampires are going crazy like this. You promise me you find out why they are coming at us so.. hard and disorganized and put a stop to it and I'll be able to help you out. I can tell you what building we were protecting while Elias was making his attack, or you can talk to Elias.. Or hell you could even go talk to the vamps, they are part of the Moonwalker gang”



MC posted:

In order for irresitable to work you must be promising them something or seducing them. Ivy has requested a promise, but you can change it (or seduce her if you wish). Do you accept the promise, and if not what do you promise instead or do you seduce her?

What do you do?




Isabella looks at you, her forehead creasing in worry. . “Wizard talk time dearies” she says as she turns the towards the demons and she snaps her fingers. The energy in her hand dissapates as her red cloak unravels itself from the body-builder porcupine demon and then forms a magical sigil that surronds you and Isabella. The energy goes into the sigil and forms an altered Veil spell. Your magical senses tells you that sound will not escape the circle around you.

Isabella turns to you rolling her eyes “Allright heres the deal. Apparently He-Who-Sings verse book has been found and everybody wants it. Copperstone petitioned the council and provided it's very general location. The council, naturally, decided to do gently caress all which is why I am here to make sure the book doesn't fall into the wrong hands” Isabella motions to the sewers around you as she puts the hankerchief up to her nose. “The demons here are muscle, I am the tracker. And the ritual is to make sure the demons don't get the book. You showing up here has disrupted the plan so very much and I am currently trying to make sure you don't turn into demon chow”

Isabella digs into her purse and pulls out a small black box, large enough to hold an engagement ring. She cracks it open a little bit and you hear the tiniest of songs. It's such a sweet song... It sings to you and your sou-. Your thoughts are interrupted as Isabella snaps the box shut.

“This little box has one of the least dangerous songs of He-Who-Sings. We can use it to track down the Book of Verses. “ Isabella continues, pointing to the demons “Now you can either help me trick the demons into thinking you are needed, I think some magical babble and a puffed up ritual will help them think I did need you for a simple tracking spell, or we can figure out how to get you out of here with most of your flesh”

MC posted:

Isabella will take a debt on you in exchange for the information.

What do you do?




It doesn't take long for the telltale sounds of “trouble” to show up at your doorstep. “Olivia we have to go!” Murphy pants from outside the hallway. “The fae don't mess arou-”. Your door jiggles for a moment and then rattles as Murphy runs into it full tilt. A badass would of just ran through the door, a smart person wouldn't of ran at a closed door at full tilt. Murphy is none of those things. A large thump is heard on your door, the deadbolt splinters a little bit and a large yelp of pain is heard from outside.

“Olivia.. Uhhh I'm sorry for bringing the fae down on you like this.. And I can certainly explain..” Murphy pleads from outside “I promise not to hurt you.. Open the door and let's get out of here..”

You muse to yourself that your house isn't that well defended to take on a siege from 3 fae clones. Heck your house didn't too well the last time your neighbour's ex came around, accidentally knocking down your door. Just before you are about to make a decision the hair pricks up on the back of your neck.

You turn around just in time to see the fae from outside materialize right outside your open window and hover there momentarily.

“Once I have been denied.. Twice I shall ask... I would like to have words with you...”


MC posted:

You have barely dealt with the fae but you know that they are bound by esoteric laws when outside of their realm. Why is the fae asking you twice

What do you do?

Exmond fucked around with this message at Jul 1, 2017 around 19:51

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Blood +2 | Heart +1 | Mind +0 | Spirit -1 || Mortality +2 | Night +1 | Power -1 | Wild +0
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Location: Downtown Vancouver

I crack my beer too and nurse it as she fills me in on her poo poo. It's about what I figured. Fuckin' wizards, man, always muckin' things up for the workin' folk. poo poo, had to be fuckin' Elias too. He helped me out back when I was gettin' my feet wet with all this spooky poo poo and ya just know he's the type to hold it over ya. Figures the one wizard I really didn't want to run into was the cause of all this poo poo. Alright, alright. Cool yer poo poo, Shin-Hye. Y'ain't gotta go talk to 'im, always a chance ya can figure this poo poo out on yer own. Everyone knows he's got beef with Isabella, so it probably has somethin' to do with that. Might as well check that buildin' first and see if anything's lookin' hosed up. I can grill some vamps after. Might be nice to warm up before the poo poo pops off tonight.

I put my arm around Ivy's shoulder and clink our bottles together, "Aight, you got it, lady. I'll get this poo poo sorted and then we can show the bloodsuckers a thing or two later on, yeah?" I pour on the charm. "Hell, mebby I can take ya out on the town for a little somethin'-somethin' before the poo poo goes down. I've got a line on some real fun poo poo to do after hours. Make this workin' partnership we got goin' on somethin' special." I wink. "Not that y'ain't my number one wolf already, Ivy." From the vibes she's puttin' off, I think she's more excited about the back half of that than the front. Heh. I can have that effect on people. I pull back a little, lettin' the moment breath for a bit, and I can feel the disappointment on 'er as I get back to business.

I look 'er in the eye, "So tell me 'bout this building, Ivy. You give me an address and I'll figure this poo poo out."

Shin-Hye agrees to the promise... and seduces Ivy for good measure.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 9:50 AM
@Shin-Hye (Tricky): 2d6-1 Shin-Hye puts a face to Elias's name (+power) = (2+3)-1 = 4

Shin-Hye owes Elias a debt for some obfuscation enchantments and other defenses used to hide their haven.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010



Blood: -1 Heart: 1 Mind: 2 Spirit: 0| Mortality 1, Night 0, Power 1, Wild 0
Harm 0/5 | Corruption 0/5

I stalked up behind him and put a restraining hand on his shoulder "you ask me just eating plain vanilla like that should be some sort of crime." It was probably wrong of me but I enjoyed watching him jump. Although I will give him credit for not only managing not to wince but also to hang on to his ice-cream. "Wow you do start them off early." I said nodding to the kid. "Let me guess the first scoop of ice-cream is free but after they get a taste for it you gotta start charging." Let's make it clear Jean Paul was scum, he peddled his product to some of the most desperately poor people in Vancouver but for such a bottom-feeder he had surprisingly good sources people talked and he made a point of listening and remembering. It made him just too useful to toss in jail for now anyway.

"Now we can do this the easy way or the hard way. The easy way is we walk out of this crowd I ask you the questions and get the answers I want and then you can get on with the rest of your day. Or I can drag you down to the station and ask my questions there. Of course I don't suppose your ex will be too keen on getting your kid involved in that side of your life. So which is it gonna be hotshot?" With a sullen look he nodded and gestured to the kid to follow. "okay okay Jeez can't an honest businessman enjoy a day off with his son without being harassed by the cops."

The two.. no three of us drifted to the edge of the crowd. "So I'm looking for someone" I said "there's been kids going missing and the common thread is this guy." I said flipping open my notebook to show the pencil sketch I'd had an artist friend of mine who'd owed me a favour make based on the description I'd had. "I'd like to find this guy but no one seems to know where he lives or what he's been taking the kids for. I'm hoping you or one of your junkie pals have seen something. I can use. Now spill."

thelazyblank
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!



Blood -1, Heart 1, Mind 1, Spirit 1 | Mortality 1, Night 0, Power 1, Wild 0
Harm 0 00 00 | Corruption 00000

"Alright. Not that I trust you any more than I did a few minutes ago, but at least we have a plan now." And I have time to prepare a proper escape plan for getting out of this situation. Just need to focus a little more energy into my bracelets, and see if we can pull this one off without a hitch. At least I wore my boots and proper escape clothes. Maybe won't even need my gun for a change. "You won't need help with the tracking spell, so I'm just putting smokes and mirrors for a better effect, yeah? And then we find the thing, seal it away and hope no one gets really mad at us for that one."

I really am starting to hate this plan, but it's a better one than getting mauled to death by three demons without any time to prep. "Give me a second, will you?" I take a deep breath and close my eyes, taking a quick look into the astral for the nearest source of power, putting my fingers onto my bracelet to focus the channeling from the nearest source.

quote:

Alanna (TLB) - Today at 4:17 PM
/r 2d6+1 #Time To Channel
SidekickBOT - Today at 4:17 PM
@Alanna (TLB): 2d6+1 Time To Channel = (5+4)+1 = 10
Hold 4 (3 + focus bonus).

A small breath of actual arcane energy comes out as my mouth and eyes open. "Good location for a tracking spell, despite the smell."

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Arguing about anime since 99


“The place was a regular New West Minister dump, a few blocks away from the skytrain station. It wasn't anything special, just a regular small office building with some living space up top.” Ivy continues, her southern drawl doing a poor job of masking her anger “But with loving wizards nothing is what it seems. They were mentioning something about the basement so I bet you something is there.”

Ivy sighs and grabs a map. She circles an area about 20 minutes away in new west minister. You look out onto the street and add another 10 minutes to your commute due to the bloody traffic on Canada day. You don't see anything particularly interesting about the location, its close the the waterfront, its view blocked by massive apartment buildings.

As you glance down to the map and then back up Ivy make her move. You barely hear her get up from her chair and before you know it she has your hand wrapped among hers. Ivy eyes you a small smile creeping up on her lips. “You know I was making a new table in the back.. Need some way to make sure its sturdy enough.” She leans forward, giving you a generous view, and drops her hand from yours. She sways her way to the interior of the BBQ joint and opens the door. “I could use some help in the back.”


MC posted:


You can take Ivy up on your offer and feed on her, if you do both of you trigger your intimacy move. This will take up some time

What do you do?




As you walk through the canada day crowd Jean Paul spills the beans. “What is this your ex? Looking to put him - “. You take control of the situation by taking one menacing step towards Jean and he leaps back, the ice cream cone falling. His son looks up concerned but Jean pats him on the head. Several citizens in the crowd turn to momentarily stare and then continue moving on.

“ Whoa whoa.. Okay listen.. I've seen your guy. Pretty boy might have had a history, heard he use to fly with some kind of crew. Ella use to hook him up if you know what you mean” Jean pauses, looks at his son and quickly recants “Err not that kind of hooking him up! Hey listen son why don't we go play on the bouncy castle over there”

The three of you sit down at one of the canada daya exhibits, a fancy bouncy castle with John A Mcdownlads face proudly displayed on it. A long line is forming but Jean and his son walk past the line and talk to the operator. You hear some small talk about there respective families, Jean pats him on the back and his son cuts the line. Jean looks apologetically at some of the parents in the line and then walks back to you.

“Listen.. I don't know pretty boy's name but I do know he and Ella used to be in cohorts together. Ella has some of the finest poo poo around town and pretty boy was hooked. They had a falling out and pretty boy is trying to get his life together, sounds a lot like someone else you know officer.” He pauses as the citizens pass you by, looking nervously at your tense conversation and giving you a wide berth. Jean continues. “ I think hes going to that new safe injection site to try and piece his life together. Listen officer I'm doing you a solid here, word on the street if your sway in the force isn't what it used to be. I help you, you help me allright?”

MC posted:


Jean Paul had what you needed, but he wants a debt on you. Hes a pushover though, you could probably threaten him out of the debt if you want. Just remember where you are and that the public is watching.

What do you do?




“Sounds like a deal, though we aren't here to seal the book dearie, we are here to steal it” Isabella says. Before you can say anything she snaps her figure and the veil is listed. The smaller demon is about to say something but Isabella raises her hands, magical forces forming electrical jolts between them. Then with about as much acting ability as dinner theater employee Isabella starts chanting her spell, nudging you to stand parallel to her.

The small black box levitates around a completely unnecessary red swirling pentagram. The lights flicker and a large growl that reverberates around the sewer is heard. You continue to play your part, enhancing the illusion where needed and the demons are completely enraptured. The box starts to shake more violently and smacks against the magical energy. Isabella starts to chant.

“Darkness blacker than black and darker than dark,
I beseech thee, combine with my deep crimson.
The time of awakening cometh.
Justice, fallen upon the infallible boundary,
appear now as an intangible distortions! ”

The small black box shivers and you see the lid trying to open up. You frown as you notice a small bead of sweat fall down Isabella's brow.


MC posted:


Alanna you could let it out to help Isabella with her tracking spell, something seems to be going weird with the box that contains one of the songs from he-who-sing, on the other hand everyone is distracted....

What do you do?

Exmond fucked around with this message at Jul 3, 2017 around 17:48

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Blood +2 | Heart +1 | Mind +0 | Spirit -1 || Mortality +2 | Night +1 | Power -1 | Wild +0
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Location: Downtown Vancouver

Yanno, it ain't often that somethin' like this catches me off guard. I mean how fuckin' good at this poo poo am I? Ivy's fightin' a war over here and here I come in and smooth-talk my way into her pants in two beers. Aight, fine, mebbe its more that I've been workin' this angle for a while now. Ivy's the full package, yeah? She's got what I need, I fuckin' like her style, and I have a feelin' that this poor fuckin' table hasn't got a clue what's gonna hit it. But, swear ta god y'ain't gonna tell anyone this, but maybe this poo poo's about more than needs and plots and poo poo. I miss my boys, I really do, and the wolves are about as close as I've gotten to gettin' that same vibe. poo poo. Now I'm gettin' all weird and overthinkin' things. I always think better when I'm done feedin' anyways.

Needless ta say, I join her in the back. I ain't gonna blow yer mind with the details or nothin', but let's just say that fuckin' table is pretty drat tough. It'd have to be to survive half the poo poo we did. Who knew she was a goddamn carpenter or whatever the gently caress too? After we finish up, we find a little more comfortable spot in the back on a couch and just, yanno, chill for a bit. Ivy was shootin' off some mad good vibes and I was still comin' down from the all-you-can-eat buffet. You know how normal people get all sleepy and poo poo when they stuff themselves? I kinda get all jazzed up on the emotions I've been eatin'. So I'm not exactly ready to go investigate some wizard poo poo just yet. I'm more game for, like, round five, but I've still got poo poo ta do tonight and that just gets into a fuckin' vicious cycle.

I hold Ivy close for a moment, then that goddamn thing I was thinkin' about earlier slips out, "Yo, uh, Ivy. You and your boys have done right by me, you know? Just wanna say that... Well, poo poo. I fuckin' dig your style, alright? Reminds me of what I had before I got jumped. So, yanno, don't be shy if y'all need poo poo. Okay? I got your back. Wizards, bloodsuckers, whatever. Not gonna leave ya out ta dry." Fuckin' dunno if I can even still blush or not, but if I could? poo poo. I'd look like a goddamn tomato. Ivy pulls me in for a kiss, long and deep and real as poo poo, and, for a moment, I think maybe soundin' like a fuckin' idiot wasn't so bad.

Somethin' was different between us. I felt it and, from the way she was eyein' me, I bet she did too. I know ya can't trust anyone in this biz, but... gently caress. Is it wrong if I want ta give it a shot? We chill on the couch a bit longer, but I need to go check this poo poo out. I'm fuckin' pumped up and ready to dust some Moonwalkers tonight, but it ain't right if I ditch out on Ivy now. 'Sides, I haven't heard back from Sal yet, so I need some of Ivy's boys at my side ta make this play happen.

I put my poo poo back on, big fuckin' jacket and all, and leave Ivy with a quick kiss. On my way out I say, "Gonna check that basement out, aight? I'll be back later when I sort this poo poo out. And, uh..." I wink. "Maybe we can celebrate after the bloodsuckers are outta our hair. Still gotta get you out on the town, yeah?" With that, I'm gone. Time ta do this poo poo before I get sucked back in. God knows it was pretty goddamn tough gettin' off the couch.

I get back my car and head towards the building. One thing is for drat sure. Traffic is still fuckin' awful.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 11:01 AM
@Shin-Hye (Tricky): 2d6+2 Shin-Hye retroactively feeds off of Ivy! = (1+4)+2 = 7

Ivy doesn't die, +1 forward.

Intimacy Moves posted:

On Shin-Hye's end, they choose to reveal a secret about themselves (this thing with the Crimson Moon isn't just about business or just some scheme), Ivy owes a debt, and she also enters the Web.
On Ivy's end, she creates a primal bond with Shin-Hye. Until the end of the next session, she always knows where Shin-Hye is and when they're in trouble.

Tricky fucked around with this message at Jul 11, 2017 around 22:35

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

He presumably spends
his time traveling the world, annihilating any rapper foolish enough to challenge him



Blood: 2 Heart: 1 Mind: -2 Spirit: 1 | Mortality: -2 Night: 1 Power: 1 Wild: 2
Harm: ▢| ▢▢ | ▢▢ | Corruption: ▢▢▢▢▢

"Hey, sorry, sometimes Raven-" is all I manage to get out before the ghost (Anna?) hits me with... whatever it is. Sometimes I try to talk to ghosts; sometimes they talk back, sometimes they just puke feelings right into my brain. Dunno if it's just something about me, or, y'know, being dead, but even when it's light that poo poo puts me on my rear end. And I don't like anyone or anything but me gettin' in my skull. But this... this kinda poo poo really gets me. Feeling scared. Weak. Like a victim. Like I'm gonna die.

I mean, I died. I die plenty. Ain't even that scary to me anymore. Things just kinda go dark, for a second, then suddenly I'm dragging myself to shore all over again, soaking wet and ready for another round. But those feelings - these feelings - they put me on the loving bridge again. The bridge - his gun - their hands - her eyes - my heart - fuckers - help -

I shake it out of my head and that's when I see the thorn. It's big and dark and it just looks wrong. I start reaching out towards it before I realize what I'm even doing, but Anna shrinks away, covering the thorn with her arm, and I catch myself and straighten back up. "gently caress," I say, genius that I am, as if it's gonna help her. "I'm sorry. I just-" I look at her. She's got a pretty face, I think, and then I feel terrible for thinking that about someone who's dying - dying again - and I have to look away from her.

I feel Raven adjust on my shoulder, and turn to ask her... something, but for some reason instead I look at the thorn again. It's really dug in, but... I get this weird feeling it's not the wound itself that's killing her. If I could get it out...

"Hey. I'm a friend," I tell her as I crouch and put my magnum on the ground. "I think I can help. Just..." I reach slowly towards the thorn, stopping before I get too close to it or her. "Can I try to get that out?" She keeps staring, eyes moving between my hand and my face. "I promise I'll be gentle about it." I force a smile and I can feel how bad it looks, but maybe she's lost so much blood that she can't tell, because after a moment she moves a tiny bit closer to me and uncovers her stomach. "Okay," I say, moving closer. "Cool. Great."

I reach out with both hands, gingerly grasp the thorn on both sides, and start to pull.

quote:

RandallODim - Today at 1:20 AM
/r 2d6+1 #NOT Killing Someone
SidekickBOT - Today at 1:21 AM
@RandallODim: 2d6+1 NOT Killing Someone = (2+3)+1 = 6
Exmond - Today at 1:22 AM
You succeed, Ill make a move later
the cost remains the same, 1 point of corruption + dizzyness

RandallODim fucked around with this message at Jul 26, 2017 around 16:59

Green Bean
May 3, 2009



Blood: 0 Heart: -1 Mind: +1 Spirit: +2 | Mortality 0, Night 0, Power 1, Wild 1
Harm 0/5 | Corruption 0/5

Olivia wasn't exactly what you'd call a Fae expert - she'd read up on them after she'd discovered they were a thing that actually existed, but there was so much contradictory or even outright untrue information circulating that it hadn't actually helped. Fortunately, Alanna had tossed her some beginner's tips at one point, so Olivia had at least some precautions in place. In this case, it was the cast-iron horseshoe hanging over the front entrance. She mostly used it to impress the mortals who came in for reading, but it was an effective way to bar univited Fae dating back a number of centuries. Olivia had already known that part, but the critical detail Alanna had added was that her apartment wasn't just a domicile. It was also a home business, and since Olivia couldn't afford to turn away walk-ins, by Fae logic it was a semi-public area. They couldn't enter uninvited at night, or while she was away, but business hours were theoretically kosher. What Olivia had said about her business hours not having started yet (despite being a lie) would've muddled things a little, but once the Fae got fed up asking for permission and tried to enter, they'd just be able to walk in.

On the plus side, if she left before any of them actually entered her apartment, they wouldn't be able to get in. Downside was that if she left the apartment they wouldn't have any problem getting her.

Olivia breathed out a heavy sigh, tossed aside her bat, grabbed her purse, and opened the door, at first glancing at the damage done to her entrance-way, and then fixing Murphy with a look. A look that said this is going on your tab. "Let's go."


Green Bean - Today at 6:52 PM
okay, roll to Escape a Situation
/r 2d6
SidekickBOT - Today at 6:52 PM
@Green Bean: 2d6 = (1+6) = 7

I'll pick:
• You suffer harm during your escape
• You leave something important behind

Green Bean fucked around with this message at Jul 4, 2017 around 22:54

thelazyblank
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!



Blood -1, Heart 1, Mind 1, Spirit 1 | Mortality 1, Night 0, Power 1, Wild 0
Harm 0 00 00 | Corruption X0000

Great, either the object is reacting to the spell or it has some countermeasures on it. Egotistical council wizards and their little plans. Still, I don't have much choice here unless I ran away right this second. Unfortunately, Isabella knows me, which makes that one a little less practical. Plus, these demons most likely have my scent. So, when you're between a rock and a hard place, you try and move the rock. I throw around some fake chanting as well, preferring something a little more Latin sounding.

"Cito! Procentio! Facultas!
Opes Thensaurusum!"

My dad would be proud that I know which of those words I made up on the spot, but you can't just channel energy into someone else's spell. I mean, you can, but magic has some elements to it, and one of them is giving it shape. Words, motions, a magic wand. I'd have to do something, and shouting in Latin-like nonsense phrases works as good as any when you have some demons around. Might just try Italian next time. Channeling through another person is easier if you don't have to do it on the fly, but I'm not some untrained amateur. Ground myself for a moment. Put a hand on her shoulder. Could be anywhere, but I'm not looking to spook her. Plus, the backlash of the whole thing going sideways would kick through me.

I never knew how much power was hiding in these sewers.

quote:

Alanna (TLB) - Today at 9:50 PM
/r 2d6+1 #Let It Out
SidekickBOT - Today at 9:50 PM
@Alanna (TLB): 2d6+1 Let It Out = (2+6)+1 = 9
One corruption for extending senses, I'd think.

thelazyblank fucked around with this message at Jul 7, 2017 around 04:47

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010



Blood: -1 Heart: 1 Mind: 2 Spirit: 0| Mortality 1, Night 0, Power 1, Wild 0
Harm 0/5 | Corruption 0/5

I'm going to regret this. But it is a holiday and thanks to him I have more information than when I started the day. "Fine keep your ear to the ground for me and I'll make sure no one tries to pull you in. That's not a get out of jail free card." I added hastily "but providing you keep you keep your nose more or less clean I don't see any reason to throw your rear end in jail."

Giving Jean Paul the debt

Still that name he mentioned. Ella, it sounded sort of familiar....

Putting a face to a name: Ella
@Kelly James (Ferrosol): 2d6 = (5+3) = 8

Wait isn't she the one who owns that club the Goat's Horns? Beth wanted me to go clubbing there with her when I get a night off. Apparently it's the hot new place to be. Still she either runs a tight ship or pays her bribes on time because I don't recall so much as a DUI coming out of there. Rumour has it that Ella is connected tight on the Fae noble side of things and is starting to expand her influence in Vancouver. Now I still don't have a clue how all that Fae noble poo poo works and frankly I don't care. If she can give me more information on this case and help me find those missing kids I don't care if she's taking tea with the mayor himself. I just hope I can persuade her to cooperate otherwise things might get a little bit messy.

I gave Jean Paul a nod and hurried swiftly back to my car. Chances are the club would be closed at this time of the day but there should be someone around there who could point me in the direction of the boss hopefully.

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at Jul 6, 2017 around 23:16

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Arguing about anime since 99


Murphy looks at the crack in your door and the damaged deadbolt and is about to say something when the two fae that followed her into the building appear at the end of the hallway. You grimace and run at them , hoping to get past them. As your rush towards them a few tarot cards slips out of your purse “Death, the tower and the fool". You decide to heed the advice and stop as Murphy rushes past you. Murphy slams into the two fae in a football tackle , taking a nice shot to the face with brass knuckles and then smashes into the window.. that easily shaters.. and leaves all 3 of them falling several stories down into the pavement. Deciding discretion is the better cause of valor you leave towards the small parking lot of your apartment.


You put the keys into your car door and open it, the smell of air freshener hitting your nose. Just as you are about to get into the car a large, cold hand grabs your shoulder and spins you around. You clamour away, smashing the side of the baseball bat against your attackers head.

“Thrice I ask and now am bound.. I will get answers from you” the caucasian fae asks, his teeth glittering in his now fish like face. It ignores the baseball bat and squeezes on your shoulder and a loud audible pop comes from your joint.“You have tasted its history, you have flavoured its breath. Answer me from where it-”

The fae never finishes it's sentence. Murphy grabs the fae head and smashes it against the car door, snarling ferocious swears at it. Your radio turns on blaring such a sweet sweet black song that gives you a reprieve from the rising pain in your shoulder. Murphy grabs the fae and smashes him against the radio... and your car headlights.. and your car tires... blood smearing every area the fae hits. The song swiftly ends and you shake your head and focus on whats happening.

Another small “pop” is heard as your car tires deflate. Murphy dusts herself off and examines her work “Your brothers fell through a window, cut up bad but they will live. Sorry Larry but uhh they broke their left arm. Tried hard to not break anything but a fall from a window right.. What ya gonna do?”

Larry, you think, groans and tries to get up as Murphy grabs the discarded baseball bat. Murphy takes a look at his left arm, grabs it and straightens it out against the car hood and slams the baseball bat against the arm. A loud SNAP is heard and Larry drops, clutching his visibly broken arm. The car bounces slightly , the back tires let out a hiss and Larry doesn't get back up”

“Phew! Good idea to use the car as a weapon. These fae guys are tough suckers, help to have some leverage to smash their face in” Murphy looks at you with a thumbs up “Well lets leave before the owner shows up!”

======CUT==========

Murphy is driving the car, trying very hard not to look at your glare.

“Well, you know faery blood is very easy to clean!” Murphy offers, pointing to some cleaning supplies in the back of her old subaru “Just use some bleach and scrub it, hardest part is getting the faery sparkles out” Murphy smiles, stares at you and then slowly stares back at the road..

“So uhhhh, yeah those were Larry, Barry and Garry. Fae triplets that haven't been seperated, not even during birth. They are one of the strongmen of the winter court and for some reason they are after this”

Murphy grabs the wine bottle and shows it to you.
“I don't know why they are after people who have touched it. I tried giving it to them but they were all like “You who have tasted the sweet nectar of the fae” and “You have smelt the knowledge it gives after it breathes” and then attacked me” Murphy impersonates the fae and happily taps the steering wheel as she muses..


======CUT==========
Scene: 5 hours ago, Copperstone Security Offices

Murphy grumbles as she leaves Copperstones office. Waving goodbye to several of the security guard she rounds the corner and then angrily rants “Ohhh Im copperstone, I need to be mystical and not tell anybody anything... Im so mysterious” Ripping open the picnic basket she is holding murphy digs into it and grabs a wine bottle... She pops it open and takes a swig from it. Copperstone rounds the corner with her security detail , looking down at a a pad of paper.

“Oh Murphy make sure not to-” Copperstone looks up from her pad and at Murphy, who is currently drinking from the wine bottle. Murphy slowly drops the wine bottle. “Actually you know what.. you do you” Copperstone says and turns around.


======CUT==========
Scene: Murphy's Car, present day

Murphy wipes her brow, getting rid of some of the faery blood though the sparkles do remain. “Hrrrm” she muses “ I have no idea what it could be”

MC posted:

The city wants a favour and promises to pay out. If you write a small flashback scene of you identifying the owner of the wine bottle (and drink from the wine bottle) place a hold on THE CITY
Take 1 harm from the fae (dislocated shoulder)
Lose your car (leave something important behind)

What do you do?




It takes you a bit but you manage to arrive to the safe-injection site. You are in New West Minister, a few blocks away from the sky train station and walk up to the site. Its in a small shopping complex, the trees nicely laid out and the apartment buildings overlooking everything. Several druggies are in the area, you see some of them cradling themselves and others just blissfully unaware. You can hear the terrible mall-like tunes coming from the safe-injection site. The area is surrounded by several tough looking goons, each of them wearing a Copperstone Security black jacket and all of them giving you the stink eye. Before you can do anything the audio changes in the safe-injection site to a sweet sweet black song, distracting you with promises and whispers. The audio jitters and then the song changes. A security guard, a thick necked goon, stares you down and then talks into his walkie talkie. You notice that several more goons start staring you down and approaching you. Your cellphone also starts buzzing and you look down, looks like Ella is calling.


What do you do?


You wont be able to get to Ella's “Goats Horn” Night club on foot so you get into your patrol car and set out towards the Gastown Nature Conservancy . It takes about an hour thanks to the traffic but you are happily distracted by the sweet sweet black song being played on the radio. It only lasts a few seconds before the station crackles and changes its song.. You finally arrive at Gastown. Parking the police car in a nearby street you get out and walk to the Goats Horn and frown. From what you know the Goats Horn is protected by the fae, Ella has some pull with the local fae courts. In fact her place is netural territory and a sacred meeting place for the fae courts which makes it very popular for the supernatural community to meet up at. You know that making truoble while IN the goats horn is a big nono, but outside a lot of nasty violence has occurred.

You look around, making sure nobody sees you and walk up to a lone tree in the busy street. You go up to a tree, spit on the ground, sally “Holly jolly never had a dime, she ran out of time” and then knock on a large door next to the Conservancy.
The door has a eye guard and it opens up, 2 beady horselike looking eyes glaring at you. A snort is heard and the large sounds of sniffing.

“Officer.. how may I help you”

What do you do?




You grip the thorn with both hands and start pulling, the ghost wails as you pull the thorn slowly out of her body. As you pull the thorn further out of her she gets more and more translucent. The thorn is about the size of your forearm and is slick with ichor.

Suddenly the ghosts ectoplasm forms around your arms and seep into.. yourself. You see a girl wandering around vancouver, her tattered dress soaking in the rain, shes holding the hand of an older girl. Both are happy and laughing. You faintly hear yourself laughing as you try and pull out the thorn.

Another tendril inserts itself into your arm and another memory slams into you. A picture of the ghost and an older girl with a cup out, panhandling for money, then another scene flashes and you are sleeping on the cold hard ground of vancouver... Another scene of a lone hot meal, maybe the first hot meal you've eaten in weeks entering your mouth. A church where you sing such a sweet sweet black song... Scene after scene assaults your mind.

A large “CAAAAAAW” wakes you and you find yourself in the fetal position, rocking yourself back and forth. In your hand is the thorn, glowing a weird purplish glow. The ghost, now fully translucent, is hovering above you looking concerned. Your raven is looking at you, its black eyes glowing red.

You look up and see a large, black bulbos.. mass.. writhe around the corner. The mass twists and morphs covering the end of the hallway and it forms a large massive maw. Several small wolf … things... emerge from its mouth and land on the sewer floor, their paws landing in the muck. Roughly about 3 wolves emerge and they start charging you. Two of them head towards you , the other one has it eyes firmly fixed on the ghost.

What do you do?



Isabella grimaces as the box shudders and starts to open up its tune escaping from the small opening. Small notes come out and play such a sweet sweet black song. It momentarily dazes you with its brilliance. The demons close their eyes and smile to the sweet sweet black song's tune... And then you place your hand on Isabella and with one final magical surge the box closes and the spell is done. You remain attuned to the ritual pentagram that Isabella used and send your senses outwards. You detect several areas of power in the sewers. One to the north, it's hum pulsing like a heartbeat. Another to the near north east, its gait prowling like a wolf on the hunt. A fainter one is to the north east, ebbing the flow of sewage.

You open your eyes and look at the maintenance tunnel with new vision. You see the strands of magic and notice several motes of power in the sewage below, flowing down the tunnel to a central processing plant to be sanitzed. Isabella glows like a fiery sun, the magic within her being contained for now. The demons wisp and wane as they continue to maintain their form here on the material plane. And a small music note dances in from of your vision to the black box, beckoning you to listen to that sweet sweet black song again...

Isabella huffs and gives you a thankful nod, her brow full of sweat. In her hand dangles a small pentacle amulet, hovering over her hand tatoo of a compass. The pentacle hovers for a moment and then shifts north.

“Hah, no problem at all.. no problem at all” Isabella says, her voice only being shaky at the end. Suddenly a trio or large growls is heard from the direction you are headed. She points to the tallest demon “So.. you take point and listen to where I say to go?”

“And I will take the rear” the smaller demon says as he motions towards the direction the amulet is pointing. “After you wizaaaard”


MC posted:

Alanna if you wish you can let Sal do their move first, then you enter the scene

What do you do?

Exmond fucked around with this message at Jul 7, 2017 around 05:01

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010



Blood: -1 Heart: 1 Mind: 2 Spirit: 0| Mortality 1, Night 0, Power 1,Wild 0
Harm 0/5 | Corruption 0/5

You know I never can tell if these Fae people are having a massive joke at my expense or not. The whole sequence seemed utterly ridiculous but if that's what it took to get the information I needed then that's what it took. Still at least now I was dealing with something more or less familiar, A surly bouncer who was probably reluctant to deal with the police. I flashed my badge up at the eyeholes "Officer James VCPD. I'm looking for the owner of this establishment to assist with an ongoing enquiry. Would she happen to be present?" Probably better to play it polite with this one. If she was as highly connected as the rumour mill had it then going in all guns blazing was not a good idea. Still the guy at the door didn't have to know that.

"Listen you can let me in to see her now or I can come back with a search warrant and we can do this the hard way. Oh and if I have to you'll be up on obstruction of justice charges." I added as I glared at him.

Kelly James (Ferrosol) - Today at 12:50 PM
Threatening the bouncer (Persuade an NPC)
/r 2d6+1
SidekickBOT - Today at 12:50 PM
@Kelly James (Ferrosol): 2d6+1 = (6+4)+1 = 11

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Blood +2 | Heart +1 | Mind +0 | Spirit -1 || Mortality +2 | Night +1 | Power -1 | Wild +0
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Location: Safe Injection Site

Well, first things first, yanno? Gotta take that call. Ella ain't exactly the type to waste my time. I slip the burner outta my coat and say, "Yo, Ella, whatcha got?"

While I wait for her reply, I look at the boys makin' their way towards me. Now, me and yer usual renta-cop don't get on well. I don't got any beef with Copperstone, but I guess it ain't a big fuckin' surprise when they make like they want to smash my face in. As the goons get on in my face, I muffle the phone and say, "Aw, c'mon, ain't no reason to be like that. Alls I'm doin' is taking a look. Mebbe I want ta shoot up." Hah. Like that was gonna work. Alright, poo poo. Go big or go the gently caress home, right? "Alright, poo poo. I'm one of those, whatcha call 'ems, independent contractors. From the main office. Just checkin' the perimeter, yanno? Got some reports of some weird poo poo goin' down and that means you guys got a leak. My job to plug it."

...Yeah, I don't think they're buyin' it. I'm startin' ta think I might be in for a bit of a dust-up. I let up off the phone and say, "Hey, uh, Ella? Might need ta call ya back. Gotta few mean-lookin' friends here that look like they want a word."

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 7:48 PM
@Shin-Hye (Tricky): 2d6+0 Shin-Hye tries to mislead the security guards! = (2+4)+0 = 6

Green Bean
May 3, 2009



Blood: 0 Heart: -1 Mind: +1 Spirit: +2 | Mortality 0, Night 0, Power 1, Wild 1
Harm 1/5 | Corruption 0/5

~A Few Days Previous~

Olivia sat at her table, and squinted back and forth between her cards and the bottle Murphy had presented her. Two of Cups, Queen of Pentacles...the cards were right, but the actual information she was getting wasn't really applicable. "It originated in a mine in Peace River, Alberta, the original owner is...the LCLB? I can give you a description of the previous owners, but they don't seem to be...hang on..." She took the bottle and flipped it over. The manufacturing information was stamped on the bottom, and it matched what her visions had said.

"Yep, just like I thought. I'm getting the bottle, not the wine. Whoever filled it was a big believer in recycling, it seems." She popped the cork and took a sniff, and in the process knocked a few cards off her deck. They flipped over in suspiciously meaningful ways, and Olivia gave a professional nod. "Yep, that's more like it. I'm getting readings now. Though it's a little vague..."

Deliberately, giving Murphy plenty of opportunity to object, Olivia picked up the bottle and took the tiniest swig. It was...okay? Olivia wasn't much of a wine person, but she assembled her remaining cards into a Celtic Cross, and the fuzziness of her vision immediately became clear. "Okay, here we go. Looks like the original owner of the bottle is..."

~Present Day~

Olivia was not happy at the damage to her car, but she'd already let Murphy have a piece of her mind as they hit the road. She was slightly mollified by the realisation that, having drunk from the bottle, she was also a target and Murphy getting involved probably helped save her life. But at the same time, the angrier she seemed, the more she might be able to get out of Murphy as repayment for getting her involved in the first place. So, she kept her expression set in a frustrated line even as she kept her tone calm. "Okay, did you find anything out about the name I gave you? That seems a good place to start if we want to fix this."

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

He presumably spends
his time traveling the world, annihilating any rapper foolish enough to challenge him



Blood: 2 Heart: 1 Mind: -2 Spirit: 1 | Mortality: -2 Night: 1 Power: 1 Wild: 2
Harm: ▢| ▢▢ | ▢▢ | Corruption: X▢▢▢▢

I jolt awake with a suitably startled "poo poo!" as Raven caws in my face. Like I said, ghost poo poo puts me on my rear end. I see Anna floating above me and looking a lot less... well, still dead, but less dying, which is a nice relief. I smile up at her. "Well, I'm glad that work- What the gently caress is that?"

I don't put any more time into the question after that; thinking's for when the fighting's over, and it's clear enough that the blob's probably whatever did this to Anna in the first place, so it's not like I need much more to go on. I shout "RUN!," chuck the thorn to Raven and lunge for my gun as the wolves start towards us. There's not enough time to get up - really regretting dropping the gun right now - so I make the best of it and pop a shot off from the ground at the one breaking off for Anna. I may not know what these fuckers are, but I've seen how they left her before, and, well, I can afford to die. 'Sides, maybe if I'm lucky they only hurt ghosts. 'Cuz I'm just so drat lucky.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Yesterday at 4:54 PM
@RandallODim: 2d6+2 Shooting The Wolf-Thing = (6+6)+2 = 14

3-harm close loud reload + inflict terrible harm

RandallODim fucked around with this message at Jul 26, 2017 around 17:00

thelazyblank
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!



Blood -1, Heart 1, Mind 1, Spirit 1 | Mortality 1, Night 0, Power 1, Wild 0
Harm 0 00 00 | Corruption X0000

I squint my eyes to see that the blurring force that's blasting at the wolves was none other than Sal, who may not be very interested in a wizard heist unless it's to kill the wizard in question. Well, better to figure that out than let Sal get too ripped open. She'll get ripped open then pulled back together, and she'd just be angry at me. "You guys go ahead, I can catch up. I know where you're heading."

I force a smile of sorts before heading Sal's directions, hands in the air over my head. Words are needed for rituals, but when you believe in your magic and you've already loaded up on the mystical energies of the universe, they're completely unnecessary. I clench my hands into fists as the energy from the bracelets flow out of me into Sal, covering her in a gentle silver light.

quote:

Spending 1 hold from channeling on Shielding on Sal, placing myself nearby and into the fray.

I pull out my handgun, nothing compared to Sal's revolver, but definitely better than trying to get into a fist fight with the wolves. "Thought you could use a hand, Sal!"

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Arguing about anime since 99


The bouncer widens it's eyes as you flash the badge and they widen even further when you mention the word warrant. You hear a small shocked neigh behind the door and after a few clicks and clanks the door opens. You find yourself face to face with a giant centaur who is looking at you with suspicion. The tanned skinned centaur almost blocks the long dark corridor behind him but you manage to see some details, a large white curtain hides a side door and a small table is setup with pastries and other small delights. The large centaur shifts slighty blocking your view of the hallway. He stares down at you as he speaks “Welcome to the Goat's Horn, know that as you walk these halls you will be treated as a..” He huffs again, almost drowning out the small sounds of cheerful music you hear coming from the door down the hallway “Guest... We ask that you follow the traditions of Mab the forgotten queen, of Mirrond of magnificent dabs and of Elias the Exalted and act as a guest should.”

The giant centaur moves his massive hand that could easily crush your skull towards another hallway “Please follow me and Miss Ella will see you soon”

A large cheer is heard from the side door and the centaur nervously looks back for a second and then to you.

What do you do?



Several security guards make their way over to you and several plain clothes security guards start approaching you from behind, their movements not hiding the noticeable bulge of a weapon underneath their clothes. The thick necked security guard holds up a hand and the security guards stop a few feet away from you. He tightens his coat and approaches you, but before he can say anything Ellas shrill voice cuts through the phone loud enough for everyone to hear.

“Don't you DARE loving call me back Shin-Hye.”

The thick necked security guard looks at you, adjusts his security suit that proudly displays “Copperstone Security” and raises an eyebrow. He speaks slowly and deliberately “You uhh need a minute pal?” He motions to the cellphone and then looks disintestingly at the sky, letting you continue your conversation

“Listen up Shin-Hye I've covered for you when the Crimson Moon have come stalking around, I've covered you when you need a loving snack and you bust a guys ribs. Hell ive done you a solid when creepy guys in suits come asking for you but honey, im at my wits ends. And when your little police girlfriend shows up in the middle of an important ritual waving her badge and yelling my name it has me a bit on edge.”

A loud cheer is heard and Ella momentarily stops talking and claps alongside. A loud “Mazel Tov” is heard from ellas lips. The security guard looks at you, removing his cap to reveal a surpringsly large mane of red hair, and he points to the phone. You raise your finger asking for a little bit more time.

“I need to deal out some drugs, get my name out there and having the loving police show up isn't good for distribution. So unless you give me a good reason here Shin-Hye I'm going to take her out.”

What do you do?



Murphy raises her eyes in shocked horror as she realizes that drinking the wine caused the fae to go after her. You give out an exasperated sigh and Murphy snaps to attention “The wine bottle was originally owned by a “Mr Felix” who fortunately lives in Vancouver. In fact we are almost at his place” Murphy says as you continue to drive. You notice the buildings getting bigger and bigger and realize you are in downtown Vancouver. “Mr Felix is a connoisseur of ancient artifacts and magical items and lives riiiight up there” Murphy points to a large apartment a few blocks away. Almost like magic she finds a clear parking spot in the middle of downtown vancouver during canada day. She parks her old subaru car and gets out, surveying the street. “Looks clear so far, shall we go?”

What do you do?

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010



Blood: -1 Heart: 1 Mind: 2 Spirit: 0| Mortality 1, Night 0, Power 1,Wild 0
Harm 0/5 | Corruption 0/5

Is that a Centaur? They're the half horse half man ones right or is that Saytrs? I swear I'm already missing the days when the only distinction I had to make with criminals was reading them their rights in French or English and while I'm on the subject what's all that crap about the traditions of Mab. She was the one in Midsummer nights dream right? I read the play in school but I don't recall anything about traditions. As for who or what Mirrond of the dabs was I have no idea. Still there was at least one name I recognised Elias, if he was involved in this place somehow then I guess it really was dirty, He wasn't some small fry to be bossed around but a major player in his own right. I'd have to tread carefully.

Speaking of treading carefully the horseman must be doing the same to avoid doing any damage to the floor. He was certainly sweating like any damage was going to come out of his paycheck. Assuming he did get paid of course. Maybe half his pay was in oats or something. Either way he did seem a little too nervous and it was starting to put me on edge.

snooping around
/r 2d6+2
SidekickBOT - Today at 7:15 PM
@Kelly James (Ferrosol): 2d6+2 = (5+3)+2 = 10
holding three technically but spending all of them straight away to ask
• Who or what here is not what they seem?
• What happened here recently?
• What here is the greatest danger to me?


No one should be that nervous over a simple polite visit from the police. Something was clearly up. I couldn't tell what exactly but he was on edge. On edge people could be dangerous, And with hands like that he could pound me to a pulp if he wanted to. I surreptitiously loosened the button on my holster. I didn't want to use it but It was better to have it ready and not need it than need it and not have it....

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Blood +2 | Heart +1 | Mind +0 | Spirit -1 || Mortality +2 | Night +1 | Power -1 | Wild +0
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Location: Safe Injection Site

Fuckin' just what I need. Kelly Fuckin' James puttin' her punk-rear end cop sniffer in the worst goddamn place possible. What's next? Bringin' in the entire Council? I wasn't playin' earlier when I mentioned Ella ripped a guy in half for messin' with her turf. poo poo. If I didn't think she'd burn me, I'd just let the dice roll and the city wouldn't miss 'er. Kelly better fuckin' appreciate what I'm doin' for her or it's the last time.

I point to the phone and mime like 'can ya believe this poo poo?' at the guards and bounce. As I'm walkin' back to my car, though, I'm doing some poo poo I never thought I'd be doin': savin' a fuckin' Westie. I say, "Ella, c'mon. You know I'm gonna figure this poo poo out. Kells is one of those fuckin' idiots who hasn't quite cottoned on to how things run. Yet. I know you've been wantin' some pull with the coppers and I've got a line on that for ya. But I can't get you plugged in with the right people if ya ace one of 'em. Sure, yeah, she's on the outs with her boss man, but it's still us and them, yanno?"

I muffle the receiver and sigh. This poo poo was gettin' intense. I guess this fuckin' basement had to wait. Ivy knows I'm good for it, anyways. I'll get her settled before the night's up. Unmuffling, I say, "Tell ya what, El. I'm not too far out, I'll get her sorted out and with the program. Do what ya gotta to keep her outta your ritual, but the less marks your boys leave the easier this'll be for the both of us. I'm tellin' ya, she could be the crack in the Westies we need. And even if she ain't, we need to figure out who's been talkin', yeah?"

I kick the car into gear and turn out into the poo poo traffic. What a day.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 6:32 AM
@Shin-Hye (Tricky): 2d6+1 Shin-Hye promises Ella that she'll figure out the cop situation! = (6+2)+1 = 9

Effective 10+ due to Irresistible, so Ella goes with it.

Edited in a feed roll earlier, taking +1 forward (for next post) and Ivy does not die.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Arguing about anime since 99

Alanna and Sal posted:


Isabella shrugs at Alanna and waves goodbye, informing her fellow wizard that the location they are tracking is somewhere north. The Devils mockingly wave goodbye and then leave. Alanna turns around and rushes towards the sounds of wolves and with a rush of magic energy shield Sal just in time.

Sal lets forth a small woop as her bullet connects with the black oozing wolf that was charging a small ghostly figure hovering above sal. The wolf explodes, shooting filthy black ichor everywhere, and where the ichor lands small sing song notes appear from it. The other wolves rush on Sal, one grabbing her leg and pulling her further down the sewer hallway while the other goes for Sal's throat. Sal screams out in fury and raises her revolver, blocking the wolf going for her threat, but the other wolf gets in at her leg. Alanna's shield prevents any lasting damage to Sal, though the bottom half of the revenants clothes have new holes and rips. The wolf doesn't let up and continues to drag Sal away towards the large bulbous.. mass... at the end of the sewer hallway. Sal furiously kicks at the wolf as it drags her through sewage and muck.

The ghost girl hovers, trying to distract one of the wolves and it leaps off of Sal to her, snashing at her and getting a small bit of her dress. The wolf's claw rips through the ghosts dress and leaves a small piece of it on the ground, already disolving into ectoplasm. The wolf looks around and focuses its eyes on Alanna and growls menacingly.

MC posted:

Sal the wolf on you is at hand range, so you can't use your revolver, and its dragging you towards that ... thing.. down the hallway
Alanna the wolf focusing on you is at close range and is about to strike.
The ghost is rushing towards sal to help!
The raven is currently angirly cawing at a purple thorn and wont touch it
What do you do?




Kelly posted:

• Who or what here is not what they seem?
You take a moment to casually observe the doorway as the centaur continues talking. You see the white drapes sway in the breeze and you see small wisps of clean cut grass dance on the wind and land on the grubby nightclub hallway. You are pretty sure that whatever is beyond the drapes isn't part of the nightclub, fae have been known to portal things to their realm.. Probably a doorway to the faerie realm.

Kelly posted:

• What happened here recently?

You had heard rumors that two fae warriors were getting married. John of the winter thorn and Michael of the summer rose. Heh, rose and thorn. You don't know what a fae marriage looks like, but looking at the centaur (who is dressed in the worlds messiest tuxedo) adds a little more support for your theory.

Kelly posted:

• What here is the greatest danger to me?

Fae laws are binding to the fae and to their guests. You don't know the specifics but you are pretty sure mauling or stabbing guests is considered rude. As long as you act like a guest and are treated like a guest you won't get harmed. Plus being in Ella's place is a guarantee that no physical harm is coming for you. However the fae are tricky and you bet Ella is gonna come at you with tricks and all kinds of rule lawyering.



The centaur looks at you with impatient eyes, he looks casually down at your gun holster and then back at you with a slow intense glare.

“If the lady wishes, there are plenty here who would duel her... Or we could go to Miss Ella's meeting chamber”


What do you do?


As you leave the safe injection site you see the red-headed security guard shrug and pull out a phone and dial it. Knowing your day things are going to get a lot more secure at the safe injection site. You grumble and get into your car.

Driving from New Westminister to Gastown is going to take quite a while, especially during canada day. Probably going to take you 30 minutes if you push it, even longer if you go the speed limit and follow the rules. On the other hand you know people who can literally teleport. You gonna cash in any favours or are you gonna drive?

MC posted:

Shin-Hye if you drive, you show up a bit later. If you cash in a debt you can get there much much faster and interrupt Ella and Kelly's meeting, otherwise Ella and Kelly meet
What do you do?

Exmond fucked around with this message at Jul 12, 2017 around 05:52

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

He presumably spends
his time traveling the world, annihilating any rapper foolish enough to challenge him



Blood: 2 Heart: 1 Mind: -2 Spirit: 1 | Mortality: -2 Night: 1 Power: 1 Wild: 2
Harm: ▢| ▢▢ | ▢▢ | Corruption: X▢▢▢▢

"Wh-" is all the response I manage to loving Alanna(?!) showing up out of nowhere before the first wolf barrels into me. The impact sends me sprawling backwards, and it's thanks to reflex more than anything that I manage to get my gun under the thing's jaw before it rips my throat open. It snaps and growls at me but I scream back in its face so we're at least even in ineffective noisemaking. Then suddenly something else's on my legs and I'm getting dragged down the sewer, which from this angle is still a loving sewer, no matter how much Arcanis has tried to clean it up. But hey, at least the one on my chest is-

God dammit didn't I tell her to run? Fuckin' stupid fuckin' ghosts, fuckin' stupid fuckin' wizards, fuckin' stupid fuckin' wolf-fuckin'-things!

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 4:49 PM
@RandallODim: 2d6+2 Fuckin' Kick A Fuckin' Wolf In The Fuckin' Head = (2+2)+2 = 6

"gently caress!" I shout, as I continue trying to stomp this thing in the skull.

RandallODim fucked around with this message at Jul 26, 2017 around 17:01

thelazyblank
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!



Blood -1, Heart 1, Mind 1, Spirit 1 | Mortality 1, Night 0, Power 1, Wild 0
Harm 0 00 00 | Corruption XX000

Goddamn magical artifacts. Apparently they're a dime a dozen down here in the sewers. Whatever that thorn is, it's the key to whatever's happening here. Good thing I've got my running shoes on. That and the ability to make a sudden, bright flash of light without too much effort. Should do the trick, especially since Sal is still in the room. Although maybe not for long.

Let It Out posted:

/r 2d6+1 #Let It Out (Magically Claiming Thorn)
SidekickBOT - Today at 2:41 PM
@Alanna (TLB): 2d6+1 Let It Out (Magically Claiming Thorn) = (1+5)+1 = 7
Take definite control over the thorn, Corruption to 2/5

The light flashes right above the thorn, just in time to clear the way to the thorn. The wolf on Sal doesn't seem to be paying too much attention, however, which means I'll have to do something a little more drastic. I raise my arms, a similar light to the one around Sal now hovering around me as I level the 9mm over at the wolf, not even sure if I can hurt it with this thing, but it should give Sal enough of an edge to scramble out of that.

Help Out posted:

First off, spending hold to give myself Armor-1, 2 hold left.

/r 2d6 #Help Out Fuckin' Head Kicking @Alanna (TLB): 2d6 Help Out Fuckin' Head Kicking = (3+3) = 6
Nope.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010


To get through it quicker Exmond and I did the whole scene between Kelly and Ana in a discord chat. For the record it's quoted below

interview with the vampire Fae posted:

Ferrosol - Yesterday at 10:49 PM
I turned to the Horse-bouncer or the bouncer-horse or whatever he was exactly and said "no dueling for me thanks. Show me to Miss Ella if you would"
Exmond - Yesterday at 10:54 PM
The centaur lets off a small huff of breath, it turns into a small neigh there at the end and motions you down a long hallway. In a few short moments it expands in a grand club room, several booths are setup at the edge of the walls and a large dance floor is setup around a large massive raised stage. The stage has allready been setup with two chairs, one a massive wood red chair and the other a small elegant gold chair. The centaur motions towards the chairs and is about to say something when someone interrupts him
"The mistress was quite clear on her instructions Mercurial... Summon the mortal guardian of order at once, with no delay. Stop helpiing her" says a tanned skinned metis man, wearing little but chainmail and a man-thong
The centaur lets out of strained huff and closes his mouth
What do you do
Ferrosol - Yesterday at 10:57 PM
man thong?
Exmond - Yesterday at 10:57 PM
((Man thong and chainmail, its all the rage in summer fae court nowadays))
Ferrosol - Yesterday at 10:58 PM
what all the fashionable fae are wearing this century
Exmond - Yesterday at 11:06 PM
Err was that a question?
Ferrosol - Yesterday at 11:06 PM
"Hey leave the big guy alone!" I said "He hasn't done anything to help me." I wasn't about take poo poo from someone who dressed like they were a rejected extra from an 80s David Lynch movie "In fact who the hell do you think you are to think you can tell me what to do." A little aggressive possibly but in an uncertain situation like this my standard procedure was to pick the biggest rear end in a top hat and put them down. Hopefully we could stick to words Before he had a chance to respond I added "I get it in that getup you must be the jester, or the toyboy it's hard to tell either way you look like a joke"
@Kelly James (Ferrosol): 2d6+1 threatening fae rear end in a top hat number one (persuade an NPC) = (6+6)+1 = 13
nah sorry it just took me time to look up the rules and my stats
"Now are you going to show me to Ella or do I have to wait here all day?"
Exmond - Yesterday at 11:10 PM
The man in chainmail brushes his blonde hair and is about to speak but you interrupt him and insult his getup. His eyes flare up in anger and he takes on step towards you. The centaur shifts uneasily on his four fee and you think you are about to stop having to use words when the chainmail man lets out a big smile
"Mistress Ella will come in due time, for now have a seat" He makes a big show of offering you both chairs, enough to make the cop in you realize something is up. You take a look at the chairs, the massive red chair is made in wood and has a fairly woody smell ((MC: kill me now for that sentence)), it is in laid with engraving of small saplings and sprouts... The chairs wide frame lays down into the ground as if rooted there. The gold chair meanwhile is a bit smaller but offers more comfort. Inlaid within its frame is small crystals and engraved upon it is small squirrels offering up acorns to where the cushion sits.
The centaur shifts "Mistress Ella will be here in a few moment, please take a seat and I will summon her"
((It seems this is the first of Ella's tricks.. And if you choose a seat your choice matters..))
WHat do you do:
Ferrosol - Yesterday at 11:22 PM
This is clearly some sort of test... Why they insisted on these silly games I don't know. You'd think the last thing they wanted was a cop poking their nose around. I sighed and looked at the chairs. Given the way the fae thought whichever I picked would probably be wrong. Still I could at least apply some logic to this perhaps. The gold chair would obviously be Ella's considering all the bling, So maybe I should sit on the wooden chair. But that was too obvious surely? Maybe by sitting in the wooden chair with the fact that it's bigger would imply I thought I was more important than her.. or maybe if I sat on the gold chair. Screw it I could wander in circles like that all day and the longer I dithered the worse i'd look with these folks. I decided to sit on the gold chair and strode over confidently like it had been no choice at all and sat down spine straight as if I didn't quite trust the chair to support my weight.
Exmond - Yesterday at 11:24 PM
Within moments of you choosing the gold chair the room lights up, displaying a dizzying amount of shadows. Paintings that were obscured by the dark cieling reveal themselves, all of them depicting some type of battleground. Roses and Flowers in their pots seem to bloom and Ella strides into the room, a slight smile on her face.
"Im impressed, given your... style ... of entering this place I would of thought you would of picked my chair." She says as she smoothes out her brown flowing dress, some grass stains still on it, and sits on the large red chair.
Her short orange hair and outfit contrasts against the red chair, as if she shouldn't be sitting there, but the ease at which she sits on the big chair betrays the fact that she has done this song and dance routine a dozen times
She stares down at you and continues
"This chair is a bit uncomfortable, much like the mantle of being a duchess.. And it is enlaid with reminders of whom I serve and my purpose" She splays out one hand and the sproutings and saplings seem to shift and grow. "And since im such a generous host I give guests a brief moment of what it means to be in a position of power" she says as she motions towards the chair
"So.. it seems you can do other things with that head of yours other than knocking against my door.." Her smile fades away as she continues "Or you got lucky.. So, lets get this over with.. How can I help you Miss James"
((YOU PASSED!!!)
What do you do
Ferrosol - Yesterday at 11:37 PM
Okay I have to admit that's impressive. She certainly knows how to pull off an entrance and that little speech well there's professional politicians who couldn't do half as well. Especially with the pointed reminder that I couldn't browbeat her the way I browbeated her minions. Not if I wanted to leave this place in only one piece. "I was hoping you'd be willing to assist with an ongoing investigation. I'm trying to track down a former associate of yours." I said giving her the brief description I received from Jean-Paul "He's wanted in connection with the disappearance of a number of children which is the kind of crime we take very seriously in Vancouver. If you can give more information on where to find him and what he's done with those kids well I can leave you alone to your.... "things" I added lamely
Exmond - Yesterday at 11:40 PM
Ella looks at you with blank eyes.. Literally blank as her eyes cloud over. She lays one hand on the large oak arm of the chair and grips it tightly. She leans forward, grabbing your attention, but out of the corner of your eye you see her nails peeling the wood away from the chair
"Miss James... What obligation do I have to answer you.. Did you expect me to answer because its "The right thing to do"? Or did you expect me to fall in line with your blustery tales of police warrants. I have a responsibility to my realm and denzens, what do you offer in return?" She purses her lips and looks at you, a predatory smile going over her lips. As if on cue, you can hear the sounds of chain mail approaching the stage and out of the corner of your eye you see Chainmail man-thong goon get closer to the stage. "Now.. If say we traded knowledge. Traded secrets if you will... That I could work with"
What do you do?
Ferrosol - Yesterday at 11:49 PM
Well that certainly wasn't creepy at all. So much for my appeal to her good nature. I should've known that wouldn't work. People with that kind of power can't afford to be good natured it's all politics at that level and I scratch your back and you scratch mine was the oldest rule in politics. I didn't like it but then I didn't have to like it. If it got me one step closer to tracking those missing kids then I didn't have much of a choice. "Fine" I sighed. "What do you want to know?"
Exmond - Yesterday at 11:59 PM
Ella grins and clasps her hands together "I have certain obligations I need to fulfill in New West minister. Nothing major but we need to ensure our safety. Especially with certain other competitors noticing our expanding forays. If you could tip us off where the police are, what their patrol beats are, my people would feel much safer doing deliveres in New West MInister, being so close to the police. And in exchange you I will tell you everything i know about "pretty-boy"
You definetly smell bullshit about her words, shes probably setting up her drug runners, but her intent is true
((STate your answer and then post, Shin-Hye will interrupt at this point))
Exmond - Today at 12:00 AM
The centaur still stands at attention. He scratches at his wrinkly tuxedo and does his best to clean it. A small garbled squawk is heard and he holds up a walkie talkie and listens intently
Ferrosol - Today at 12:05 AM
My immediate reaction was a loud and clear no but I bit my tongue before I could say anything. No way was I letting her run drugs into New Westminster or anywhere else in Vancouver if it came down to it. Still this was the first serious lead I'd gotten and... I needed her help drat it. Think of the kids, I mean if she wasn't dealing someone else would be but if I got those kids back it would really make a difference. Maybe if I repeated the lie long enough I'd start to believe it myself. "I have some friends in the New Westminster force." I added reluctantly "I'll see what I can do."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Blood +2 | Heart +1 | Mind +0 | Spirit -1 || Mortality +2 | Night +1 | Power -1 | Wild +0
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Location: Ella's Club

As I walk in, I can't believe my fuckin' ears. Ms. Prim and Proper Copper is makin' a deal with Ella? Did Hell go glacial while my back was turned? 'Course, I'm not the only one who heard. One of Ella's boys, the fucker in the mankini, was pocketing a recorder. I don't think Kells saw that. Heh. That can't be good for her career. Mebbe I'll let her in on the secret... but not for free. Westies gotta pay for what I got, 'specially Kells. Don't think I'm takin' this blackmail thing layin' down or nothin'.

I give Ella a 'sorry, traffic is lovely, whatcha gonna do' look and shrug, then say, "Aw, lookit this. Looks like ya'll made nice while I was fightin' my way across town." I slap Kells on the back. Not enough to send her flyin' or nothin', but more than enough to let her know I wasn't happy she was makin' my life miserable. "Didn't think you were the clubbin' type, Kells. Didn't think you were a complete fuckin' idiot with a death wish either, but I guess I'm learnin' all sorts of new poo poo today."

I look between the two, then say, "Aight, well, whatcha two need? The fuckin' Shin-Hye problem solvin' express is in the station and I gotta schedule to keep. Lotta problems need solvin' tonight."

Green Bean
May 3, 2009



Blood: 0 Heart: -1 Mind: +1 Spirit: +2 | Mortality 0, Night 0, Power 1, Wild 1
Harm 1/5 | Corruption 0/5

Olivia pulled a card instead of answering Murphy's question, and pulled an Ace of Cups, reversed. It seemed the universe was telling her to put up with her for the time being. She blew a strand of hair out of her face. "And I agree to that, or in so far, as that I can see no way out but through." She got out of the car, wincing a little at the pain from her dislocated shoulder. She checked her purse for her tiny container of bear spray, a product that was legal right up until the point she used it on a person, and then straightened up, looking as calm and reassuring as ever. That was the trick in her line of business - you had to seem like you knew what you were doing, even when you didn't.

She marched right up to the apartment building, cool as a cucumber, and then hit the buzzer marked Felix. The intercom crackled, and an elderly but surprisingly strong voice came through. "What the hell do you want?"


Green Bean - Today at 8:27 AM
/r 2d6 #Hitting the Streets (Mortality)

SidekickBOT - Today at 8:27 AM
@Green Bean: 2d6 Hitting the Streets (Mortality) = (5+1) = 6

Green Bean - Today at 8:56 AM
/r 2d6 #put a face to a name (Mortality)

SidekickBOT - Today at 8:56 AM
@Green Bean: 2d6 put a face to a name (Mortality) = (5+2) = 7

Green Bean fucked around with this message at Jul 15, 2017 around 12:57

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Arguing about anime since 99


The wolf nimbly dodges your kick and lands a few feet away. You scramble to get on your knees and level the revolver at it but the wolf lunges, clamps down on your wrist and twists. Thanks to Alanna's shielding spell it doesn't hurt but physics are physics and the revolver clatters to the ground a few feet away. A shot richoets a few inches above your head as Alanna tries to distract it and the wolf tumbles away and continues to drag you towards the black bulbous thing. You frantically reach for your revoler while cursing the wolf and you briefly see Alanna get ambushed by the 2nd large wolf and go down in a tumble of fur and snarls before you are dragged out of sight. The large bulbous mass at the end of the hallway enlarges to fill the hallway and a small avian like face can be made out. It smiles and laughs, its laugh so dark the lights start to flicker in the sewer hallway. The face bobs and weaves trying to distract you as the large wolf mauling you stops to cough, spittle dropping from its large jaw. The wolf glares at you and lunges at you and you get your hand up just in time to prevent the wolf from getting a clear shot at your eye. The purple thorn hits your hand, strikes alanna's shield and goes right through it, puncturing your hand. You cry out in pain and the wolf continues to press its advantage. A large "WHOMP" is heard and a globe of pure white energy slams into the wolf and knocks it back. Anna(?)hoves protectively over you , takes one look at the wolf and then loving runs. The wolf quickly chases after her, its hackles raised. The bulbous mass behind you opens it mouth to try and roar, but nothing is heard. It glares at you and starts to make a coughing motion as a large purple object starts appearing in its mass.

What do you do

MC posted:

Sal take one damage and gain the condition GHOST TRANSFORMING


The crow squawks at the purple thorn, about the size of your forearm, and even with the ensuing chaos your eyes shift. A normal person would have problems discerning the magical over the sounds of Sal's revolver firing, of the wolf lunging towards you and over the din of Anna's(?) ghostly wails. A normal person would go mad if they heard the sound of tiny musical notes fluttering on the ground. But not you. You are Alanna Reyonlds and you are a wizard. And wizards notice loving things.

And what you notice as your minds eye, still open when you cast the ritual, hovers over the raven and the thorn troubles you.

The raven is entwined with small ritualisic symbols, each symbol pulsing a dark purple and a long string embeds itself into the symbol and out into the ether. The strings seem to bind the bird in place into the material plane.

The thorn has similar threads, all of them running into the large black wolf that is tugging at Sal's leg. But what's odd is at the tip of thorn you see the magic threads around it stretch and bend. A tattered piece of Anna's(?) dress lands on the thorn, shimmers for a moment and the magic around the tattered dress piece stretches and then solidifes for a moment.

Grabbing the thorn you quickly incant a small dazzling light to distract the wolf on Sal and then you focus inward to shield yourself from harm. The wolf simply snarls at the light and the continues its impressive mauling on Sal and you level your 9mm at it, prepared to take the shot. Something much closer and MUCH angrier snarls at you and it reverberates through the thorn into your head. You clutch your head as the snarling grows louder and that gives the wolf the opening it wants. The wolf, its black fur glistening in reality, lunges at your leg. Your shot on the wolf on Sal goes wide and richotets across the sewer and you fall as the full weight of the wolf slams into your knee. The wolf clamps down on your leg but your shield holds and your head bounces aross the ground. The wolf huffs in frustration and as you lay dazed on the sewer floor it hacks and coughs until a large thorn protrudes from its mouth, its tip glistening with purple spit and a weird purple ichor.

What do you do

MC posted:

THORN -- BOUND to angry large wolf that is "Gently" mauling you. The thorn seems to be able to adjust the magic around an object to have it materialize or dematerialize. It has the tag [GHOST-TRANSFORMING]
So for purposes of Hex or Tracking, its bound to the large wolf currently attacking you. Your previous let it out let you figure out the thorn (Sorry didn't hammer this down in discord) so get a free hold on the large wolf attacking you. Use it to do whatever the heck you want on the wolf.

Also the wolf is at intimate range with you


Ella regards Shin-Hye for a moment and lazily smiles as her pupils snap back into existence. She lets out a predatory smile and nods towards Kelly. "While your intent is sincere your words could use some adjustment. For example I could give you whatever information I have and then you could tell me what you could do is.. nothing" She clasps her hands together and continues "What I need from you officer is a promise, an exchange of information. No "Ill see what you can do" but true words that leave little for wiggle room. Promise me the information on the patrol routes and positions and we will do the exchange".

Ella then looks at Shin-Hye and sniffs. She holds her nose up in disgust "Shin-Hye you reek of.. wolf." She motions Shin-Hye forward and tries to spray him with a weird bottle of orange liquid. As she does she leans in close to whisper "There is a very important wedding happening right now.. One that I should be at now rather than dealing with her" She glares at Kelly. "Once our deal is done get her out of my hair and into my clutches. I have made steps but im much more interested in how you can get her into my debt"


She looks up at Kelly and pushes SHin-Hye behind her, to the right side. "So officer... Do we have a clear cut deal?"


What do you do?




Olivia pauses for a moment, not knowing exactly what to say when Murphy steps up beside her , a hockey bag slung over her shoulder "Mr Felix, it's Murphy. I believe a Miss Coperstone told you to expect us?" Murphy says professionally, a weird departure from her normally happy mood. The intercorm crackles and nothing but silence fills the street. Several cars pass by the downtown neighbour hood and Olivia is starting to feel a bit uncomfortable standing by the door as several canada day goers pass you by. The intercom screeches, making murphy jump in surprise and the door opens. "Come on up, top penthouse"


Olivia enters the elevator and takes a look in the big wide mirrors that inlay the elevator. Standing next to Murphy, who is still adjusting the hockey bag that is slung on her shoulder. Olivia's shoulder has a nice bruise on it and while she looks a little worse for wear she will pass as professional. The elevator rises a few floors and then the mirrors shade slightly and show the city beneath them. The people grow smaller and smaller as the elevator rises and Olivia ponders over what she knows about Mr Felix.

MC posted:

Mr Felix is a retired scholar, he got out of the game a few years ago. He is extremly wealthy and has an array of magical artifacts. He is white, caucasian and is extermly grumpy, happy to content to his study of a few rare artifacts than deal with people.

Murphy sighs as she looks out on Vancouver, the skyline interrupted with several much taller buildings by the harbour. But still the view is magnificent. The wide oak doors of the elevator opens up and a large orante hallway beckons you further. At the end of the hallway is a large double sided steel door. Olivia and Murphy walk up to it, noting the several security cameras that track their movement. Before they can knock on the door it swings open and an old man with a very very lethal shotgun is in front of them.

"Stay right where you are and don't loving move" He says, his breath coming out in ragged gasps. He levels the shotgun at Olivia and then at Murphy. "Tell Copperstone the debt is paid and gone! I don't owe her anything"

Murphy raises her hand slowly and looks at Olivia, eyeing her and mouthing "No Sudden moves". The old man glares suspiciously at Olivia and then levels the shotgun at her

"You.. I know she's Copperstone's bitch " He motions at Murphy who rolls her eyes "But who are you? What are you doing here?"

What do you do?

Exmond fucked around with this message at Jul 18, 2017 around 00:32

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010



Blood: -1 Heart: 1 Mind: 2 Spirit: 0| Mortality 1, Night 0, Power 1,Wild 0
Harm 0/5 | Corruption 0/5

And just when I thought today couldn't get any worse.... Bad enough that I have to compromise my principles to get my job done. Bad enough that I have to deal with criminals the last thing I need is for her of all people to show up. She was a lovely person when she was alive and she's been even worse since she started the whole dracula-nosferatu thing. I wish I could say I was surprised she was waist deep in this sickening mess but I'm not. But that still leaves the problem of Ella I had been hoping to manoeuvre around my promise, but she clearly wasn't falling for it... Still I'd come this far and it was too late to back out now. Unless I was prepared to take on the entire room in a fight. I'm a good shot but I'm not that good. So I didn't have a choice.

I sighed. "Fine, I promise I'll obtain the patrol routes for you and in return you promise you'll tell me everything you know about your associate."

I didn't know much about the fae but I did know promises and oaths were big things for them and they'll do everything in their power to avoid breaking them. Still I could... not trust exactly, expect maybe? Ella to keep her end of the bargain provided I lived up to mine.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«5 »