Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Post
  • Reply
Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Blood +2 | Heart +1 | Mind +0 | Spirit -1 || Mortality +2 | Night +1 | Power -1 | Wild +0
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Location: Ella's Club

Ella pulls me in close and sprays some of that orange poo poo she likes on me. Okay, yeah, I probably have a bit of wolf goin' on. It happens, alright? Sheesh. Now I'm gonna be smellin' like amber and whatever-the-gently caress for the next few days. That fae poo poo has some staying power. She makes her pitch and I'm listenin'. I think about it real quick and mutter back, "Yeah, aight. I'll see what I can do. I do this, though, and mebbe you scratch my back. Got some poo poo I was lookin' into earlier before Kells crashed your party. Ran into some Copperstone goons atta injection site. Word is something in the basement is drivin' the vamps all crazy. Know it's not your usual crowd, but if ya got anything I can use..." I make a show of waving off the spray as she responds and pushes me away.

While she gets a solid promise outta Kells — almost feel sorry for the kid at this point, seen the kinda thing that happens to oath breakers in these parts — I'm keepin' myself busy by figuring out Mankini. It's not like I'm that interested in gettin' that recorder from him, but you never know when havin' a little dirt on the law'll come in handy... 'Specially the formerly-clean kind, like Kells. I ain't exactly a fan of havin' her hold poo poo over my head, so maybe she can be convinced to bury that if I bury this for 'er.

When Kells finishes her speech, I give a slow clap and say, "Aw, lookit you. Makin' deals like the rest of us." I look her up and down. "Aight, spill it. What brought your Westie rear end to Gastown? Run outta tickets to hand out?"

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 3:55 PM
@Shin-Hye (Tricky): 2d6 Shin-Hye puts a name to Mankini's face = (1+5) = 6

Shin-Hye either hasn't seen him around or owes him for something. Either way, advancing!

Taking Tireless from the Vessel as my first off-playbook move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Bean
May 3, 2009



Blood: 0 Heart: -1 Mind: +1 Spirit: +2 | Mortality 0, Night 0, Power 1, Wild 1
Harm 1/5 | Corruption 0/5

Olivia had read the Secret a few years back; a professionally necessary task in order to keep tabs on what fads were big in the New Age world. And while the Law of Attraction was entirely bullshit, it had some specific applications in negotiation. Namely, if you want something, act like you already had it.

And so, with a gun pointed directly in her face, Olivia remained calm, assured, and just the teensiest bit otherworldly, as if Mr. Felix had stopped by for a cup of herbal tea and a reading. "Olivia Salois, freelance seer. My Copperstone friend here asked me to identify a bottle of wine the other day. Your wine, Mr. Felix. And since the Fae seem to be after people involved with it, we felt we should consult you."

thelazyblank
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!



Blood -1, Heart 1, Mind 1, Spirit 1 | Mortality 1, Night 0, Power 1, Wild 0
Harm 0 00 00 | Corruption XX000

Alright, well, this is getting way, way too friendly. Wish I could save this trick for later, but it won't matter what tricks I have if I don't have a face. I get my arm with the talon into the air, shouting loudly to carry my voice through the air as much as it can. "Go! Home!" Sure, it isn't Shakespeare, but it'll do in a pinch. Given that I have the object that's currently tying it to this world. Not that this won't have any negative effects with the other one.

OOC posted:

Spending the hold to activate the talon, functionally causing the wolf to retreat for the moment.

Now, with all this magical energy, I can try a little trick on the other one. Just need to overload it with sound, and it should panic. Hopefully run away on its own. If only I could be so lucky. I continue shouting, this time with just guttural noises while I stomp my feet. Using a bit of simple force and magical focus, I amplify the sounds straight into the direction of the remaining wolf. Just need to sell the ideas that I'm coming with more than it can deal with.

OOC posted:

Alanna (TLB) - Today at 7:01 PM
/r 2d6+1 #Trick the other wolf
SidekickBOT - Today at 7:01 PM
@Alanna (TLB): 2d6+1 Trick the other wolf = (5+5)+1 = 11
Create an opportunity, confuse them for some time, avoid further entanglement.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Arguing about anime since 99


Before Shin-hye walks away Ella grabs him ,tugging at his pants playfully, and whispers into his ear “If you need help getting into the injection site I can help. Copperstone needs to be put down a peg or two. Call my name thrice if you need my assistance” and then she pushes Shin-Hye away. The fae in the mankini smiles as Kelly gives her oath to Ella , discreetly recording the exchange with the tape recorder. Ella stands up and the circle around the raised stage shimmers a faint gold. Power ebbs and flows around the circle , heightens and then focuses to form a tether between Ella and Kelly as the deal is struck.

Ella bows politely to Kelly and then recites the deal. “As for what I know about that man.. Well you are very lucky that I know a lot” Ella sits down and begins to relay what she knows about Kelly's suspect. “His name is Peter but in the faery realm he was known as Peter of many shields. Werewolves weren't too common in the last great war but I personally liked them. Nothing like having a big bundle of muscle beside you when the going went tough and you could ride them if you lost your stead” She looks appreciately at Shin-Hye “in both sense of the word.. But that's beside the point. I assume you want to know what Peter is up to now? Well after the last great war he still couldn't get enough of the faery realm. Unfortunately low ranks like him can't just stay in the realm and soak it up. I tried giving him a fix, through concoctions and other means, but it wasn't enough. Eventually the tough proud warrior of old became a worn out rusty cog, looking to get a fix of faery for whatever pathetic honourless task he could do. It was at that point that I kicked him out.” Ella pauses, sinking into the red oak chair and pressing her fingers to her lips pondering. “That was probably a week or two ago... I heard he was desperate for a fix and taking any odd job offered... Last I heard he was doing something for Elias and it went south. “

As Ella is talking Mankini turns and looks at Shin-hye and smiles. He puts the tape record somewhere on his person and approaches Shin-hye.

“Well if it isn't Shin-Hye” Mankini whispers at the vampire and attempts to slap his back “Haven't seen you since I pulled you out of the river a month ago. You ever get even with that guy?”

Shin-Hye regards Mankini and sighs, remebering the slightly painful time where his promises caught up to him. A particularily angry client had clocked him and thrown him into the river. Ella's squire, Warren, had fished him out of the river and into safety.

Ella clasps her hands together and chants. A wind picks up in the dance room and the flowers start to sway in the wind. The shrubbery in the paintings start to sway and a sweet scent hits everyone's senses. Ella parts her hand and in her right hand is a large medallion, a bit bigger than her hand. She looks at Kelly and offers the medallion.

“Now, I don't know where Peter is right now, though I'd guess hes frantically trying to get a fix. If you do want to know and have a way to track him I can offer you this. “ She lifts the medallion and shows it to kelly. The light reflects off the silver and gold inlays and the shadow shows a scene of a werewolf hefting a huge shield while a spear maiden behind him thrusts her shield into the heart of her enemies. Ella gets a bit misty eyed as she continues “This was one of his greatest moments, captured forever in this medallion. For hours we held the line, slaughtering our enemies by the dozens. None could push us from that land but several dared to. You can use this to track Peter's whereabouts, simply draw a compass on the ground and it will point in Peter's direction. You can have it.. for a price..”


What do you do?

”MC” posted:

Take your actions and then continue where Shin-Hye left off, with Shin-Hye asking what brought Kelly here.
Shin-Hye: Mankini is acutally Warren, Ella's squire in training. He is a semi-acomplished warrior but likes being in court more than fighting. He likes Ella and has tried to woo her but lacks power, so he stays around her trying to be useful. He saved you during a particularily nasty fight and you owe him a debt.
Ella offers her assistance (For a debt owed) to get into safe injection site. Simply say her name three times and she will make it happen.

Kelly: When you first became aware of the supernatural there was a big faery war going on, the last great war they call it. You don't know the specifics of the war but you know its no longer going on. What happened to cause an ever-lasting peace between the Court of Summer and Court of Winter?
Ella offers you a medallion that can track peter, all she wants is a debt on you!





Felix looks grumpily at you and then at Murphy. At the mention of the wine bottle he pales and then motions you inside. As Murphy takes a step to enter he slams the door in her face. A large WHOMP is heard and an “Ow!” Inside is a dizzying display of books , containers and occult artifacts. All of them are neatly displayed or have several bookmarks noting points of interest. Mr Felix ushers you inside and leads you to a large living room, its walls displaying a nice red wallpaper that is littered with several ancient swords. A large couch invites you to sit down on it , literally as you hear it whispering sweet delights of its cushiony bosom, and Mr Felix sits opposite of it in a large rocking chair.

“There is only one wine bottle in my collection that would cause the fae to chase people like that. The wine bottle of the forgotten queen Mab.”

Mr Felix pauses for effect, obviously expecting an audible gasp or shocked ooohh. You do your best deadpan expression. He sighs and mutters something about youngsters and then goes back into his grumpy persona. He looks you over and seems to be evaluating you.

“I've been out of the game for a long time and I want to keep it that way. You come here with demon thugs at your side and asking questions that have very very dangerous answers..”

The bookcase beside him thumps as Murphy angrily requests to come inside. You hear something about bookworms and curses.

“So why should I trust you Olivia. These questions have dangerous answers and even more dangerous responsbilities...”

What do you do

”MC” posted:

Olivia: Feel free to spend one your foretelling holds to get a +1 and pronounce some kind of doom if you don't get this information, or hey maybe you could do a false future reading to convince him? Or you could just rely on your natural charisma!

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

He presumably spends
his time traveling the world, annihilating any rapper foolish enough to challenge him



Blood: 2 Heart: 1 Mind: -2 Spirit: 1 | Mortality: -2 Night: 1 Power: 1 Wild: 2
Harm: X | ▢▢ | ▢▢ | Corruption: X▢▢▢▢
Tags: Light Harm: hand with a hole, Ghost-Transforming

I'm sick of these loving wolves and this loving sewer and I can't believe I dropped my loving gun and-

Okay, a floating bird-face is a new one. I'll have to ask about that next time I chat with Morrigan. Heh, maybe they know each other.

I snap back to the things that actually matter as the wolf comes back for another round. I get a hand under its throat, raise my other fist and then something shoots by me and puts a loving hole in my hand, which, y'know, OW, but, hey, I'm dead, I've had worse. Unfortunately, it still throws my balance off and I have to give up getting a shot in to keep the thing from just eating my face off with my free hand. I try to get a leg under the wolf or something when Anna (goddammit why doesn't she RUN) does some ghost thing and blasts it off of me. I stagger to my feet and lunge for the wolf, and, somehow, actually get my arms under it. "Fffuck you," I spit out, to the wolf I guess, as I haul it up from the ground. I stumble backwards and steady myself, then whip around. I've got no idea if this is a good idea, but hey, it's the best I've got. Maybe I'll at least look cool when I die again. "Here's your lovely dog back," I shout, as I hurl the stupid lovely wolf at whatever that is that's taking shape inside the blob's mouth.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 2:30 PM
@RandallODim: 2d6+2 shotput, but, like, with a wolf = (5+2)+2 = 9

take something from them, end up in a bad spot

RandallODim fucked around with this message at Jul 26, 2017 around 17:03

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Arguing about anime since 99


Around the corner Sal sees a purplish glow and one wolf hurls itself back down the hallway, thrown by mystical force. The wolf frantically claws at the wall , leaving claw marks across the bricks, but to no avail. It is pushed back and away yowling and yipping as it hurls back home. Anna(?) continues to run away from the wolf chasing her and it freezes up as Alanna advances towards it yelling gutural curses that even a troll would blush at. Sal takes the chance and grabs the wolf halting it in it's tracks. The ooze at the end of the hall sloshes around and its bird like face opens up and hundreds of purple shards launches for its mouth and down the hallway towards Sal.

“Heres your lovely dog back” Sal shouts as she throws the wolf directly at the bird. The shards are launched everywhere across the hallway, some down the center, some shattering as they hit the walls. The wolf takes the brunt of the shards and they rip through the wolf's hind legs, severing them from its body. Several shards smash against Sal, Alanna's shield holding for a few seconds and then with an audible pop the shield dissolves. The shards land everywhere and when they shatter they release a purple smog.

The bulbous mass lets out an angry shrill CRAAAAW and the bird face dissolves into the black muck that is the body of the creature. It slicks and slacks against the sewer hallway and starts to retreat. The wolf that had attack Alanna still yelps and leaves claw marks along the walls as it is forced to follow the last instructions given to it ….“Go Home”. Alanna see's several shards slam against the hallway wall and carefully backs away as the purple smoke starts seeping towards her. The thorn seems to resonate against the smoke, pulsing as the smoke gets closer and closer. It seems the thorn and the smoke are of the same ilk.

Sal coughs as the purple mist obscures her vision and gets in her lungs. Somewhere in the distance she hears a large CAWING sound and deep inside her head she hears an ominous chant of RUN, RUN, RUN. A mewling sound distracts Sal as the wolf she hurled at the ooze tries to make it's way towards her. The wolfs legs are useless, dangling on the ground but it continues to advance using only its front legs. The wolf takes another step and seems to.. abandon its body, a white outline of the wolf's face forming outside of its body. It grins, moving faster and faster, each step letting it leave its useless and broken body until it is finally free. Standing before a coughing and disoriented Sal is the form of the wolf, now transparent and an illustrious white, its physical body lying a few inches away from its ghost form. It snarls and goes to launch itself at Sal but just as its about to pounce it pauses... Its physical body starts to burn up, the ghost wolf panics, trying to reassert itself back into its body and failing.

Sal coughs and moves, as she goes to pick up her gun there is a white outline on her hand. Her ghost hand passes straight through the gun and then a moment later her physical hand smacks uselessly against the gun. A large CAW is heard and again the omnious chant of a female singer goes RUN, RUN,RUN in Sals head.

What do you do?

Green Bean
May 3, 2009



Blood: 0 Heart: -1 Mind: +1 Spirit: +2 | Mortality 0, Night 0, Power 1, Wild 1
Harm 1/5 | Corruption 0/5

Olivia was genuinely interested in the artifacts Felix had on display, and she tried to let a little of it filter out of her stoicism. After all, you've got to show respect for someone's craft, or no one would ever respect yours. She sat down on the couch primly, and ignored the banging from the hallway. "Queen Mab? Like from Romeo and Juliet?" Queen Mab occasionally came up in the numerous New Age periodicals to which she was subscribed, but like most of the Fae figures that got mentioned in Shakespeare, there were way too many contradictory stories associated with them to know what was real and what was embellishment.

Of course, that question was just to buy time to figure out how to answer Felix's question. Because honestly, she had no real idea how to convince this perfect stranger that she could somehow be trusted. But the good thing about being a seer was that when you found yourself temporarily out of ideas, you could pull a few cards. Not trying to hide it, she drew a few cards while looking Mr. Felix dead in the face. "Well, Mr. Felix, you should trust me because...oh gently caress. I'm guessing you grabbed your gun rather quickly when we knocked on the door? Because you scratched one of the wards on that display case, and something really nasty's going to come out and kill both of us." She pointed at one of the display cases that contained an urn, a jewelled dagger, and what appeared to be a ten-sided die.

She looked around the room, trying to evaluate what weapons might be safely used as weapons and what she really shouldn't touch. Her vision had given her a couple of candidates for 'stuff she could touch without immediately dying', but it had also ended with her bled out on the floor from a talon to the gut. And the fact that Murphy wandered in after Mr. Felix died and casually ate the thing kinda added insult to injury. "So I guess you can trust me because I'll tell you the truth even if it undermines my entire point?"

Spending one hold to make the thing she just predicted happen.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010



Blood: -1 Heart: 1 Mind: 2 Spirit: 0| Mortality 1, Night 0, Power 1,Wild 0
Harm 0/5 | Corruption 0/5

Shin Hye great, well I don't understand the rules of fae hospitality but I'm pretty sure attempting to kill a fellow guest is probably going to break at least some of them. so I turned to her and snarled "if you must know. Kids have gone missing. Innocent children. Kidnapped by some rear end in a top hat. I tracked information on him to here and Ella has agreed to help give me that information in exchange for a favour. Isn't that how these things work? You scratch my back I don't tell the world about how many people used to scratch yours." I added glaring at her. "Not that you care. I guess I shouldn't be surprised finding you working as a lackey for hire. It's about your level." I then ignored her and turned my attention to Ella.

Well at least I got my thirty pieces of silver worth. Sorry, years of catholic schooling leave a mark. At least she held up her end of the bargain and pretty boy now had a name. And he was a werewolf. I didn't even know for certain that werewolves were a thing. I mean sure vampires fae and centaurs so it kinda makes sense. And a war veteran of the weirdest was i'd ever heard of. Sure what Ella was describing sounded rather conventional and well almost downright straightforward compared to some of the things the fae get up to. I mean I assume it made sense to them but there were things like art contests and singing contests and who the hell knows what. Hell I even heard they ended the war with a contest of champions. A dance contest. No really. Apparently the Wild fae were sick of the war and so came to both sides and demanded they settle their dispute. The way I heard it was supposed to be winner take all with the judging being done by the Wild King himself.

I'd have loved to be a fly on the wall for that. I've seen the way the fae move. Even the relatively ordinary ones like Mankini over there moved with the feline grace of a panther on the hunt. I just hope for their sake that the dancing was something cool like the tango or what's that one brazillian dance that always looks really cool and not something lame like freestyle disco or square dancing. I don't know how they decided the winner but apparently the loser managed to earn enough style points? to insure that the peace treaty was fair and both sides walked away swearing eternal friendship and brotherhood you know till the next time.

But that was the point though wasn't it just because what Ella was doing helping me didn't make sense to me, didn't mean it couldn't make sense to her. Fae are notorious for their trickery and their ability to twist a bargain to suit their advantage. But right now I needed all the help I can get. "Fine I'll take the amulet. You can name your price at a later date because right now I'm not letting the son of a bitch get away with kidnapping any more children."

giving Ella a debt for the amulet

I gave Ella a quasi respectable nod "Now if you'll excuse me I have a werewolf to catch. Duty calls and all that." I was slightly shocked when Shin Hye started to follow me "Wait please tell me she's not supposed to back me up on this..." I half pleaded half complained. "You cannot be serious."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Blood +2 | Heart +1 | Mind +0 | Spirit -1 || Mortality +2 | Night +1 | Power -1 | Wild +0
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Location: Ella's Club

Since I forgot to add that +1 forward, Warren does not actually have a debt on Shin-Hye! Whoops.

I nod quietly at Ella's offer. Not sure I'm gonna take it since they always cost more than you'd think, but it's nice to know she's got my back. In her own way.

When Warren comes in to pat me on the back, I let him do his thing. Fuckin' ridiculous clothes aside, he's aight. Saved my rear end that time, y'know? 'Course, he's got a big mouth sometimes. The kind that gets him in trouble. Ella's a big deal in the Fae realm, but she's not as established around these parts. So when he ran across one of Copperstone's soulless thugs talking poo poo about her, Mr. White Knight bit off a bit more than he could chew. Lucky for him, I got a big goddamn appetite for a scrap and pulled his rear end outta the fire. So yeah. We're pretty fuckin' even. I look at him, look at his lack of pants, and grin, "Of course I did. Didn't you get those goddamn pants I sent ya, Warren? It's all the rage in these parts."

'Course, Kells is already bookin' it for the door, so I hustle up just in time for her to hit me with both barrels of salt. drat, lady. I give her a half-raised eyebrow, "Aw, that's noble of ya, Kells." I ain't lying there. For all my rough and tumble charms, I do have lines I don't cross. As she continues to complain about things, I finally have to give a little back. I glare at her, "Oh, right, like you have any room to talk. Y'wanna know why me and Ella are tight? It's cause she ensures the kind of people who want my attention can find it. I ain't like the rest of bloodsuckers in town, I don't just stalk the alleys. So gently caress right off with that business."

I ain't exactly the happiest camper as we're heading back out of the club, but I'm not the type to stay silent forever. After we hit the parking lot, I cross my arms and plant myself in front of her car, "I wasn't kidding about ya stickin' your neck in a place it shouldn't be. Y'wanna know why you're still breathin'? It's 'cause I fuckin' put the idea in Ella's head that you were more useful alive than as a stiff." I let that sink in for a second. "You owe me for that poo poo, believe me."

Shin-Hye is arguing for a Debt on Kelly!

I think about tellin' her about the recorder, but I figure I can keep that in my pocket for later. I'm more interested in this wolf that's got her all hot and bothered. I say, "Alright, whatever. What's going on with this wolf of yours? Buncha poo poo going down with that crowd all over town."

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

He presumably spends
his time traveling the world, annihilating any rapper foolish enough to challenge him



Blood: 2 Heart: 1 Mind: -2 Spirit: 1 | Mortality: -2 Night: 1 Power: 1 Wild: 2
Harm: X | ▢▢ | ▢▢ | Corruption: X▢▢▢▢
Tags: Light Harm: (right) hand with a hole, Ghost-Transforming

The wolf... well, I guess explodes is the best word for what happens to its legs when it hits the spray of purple poo poo the bird-blob's spewing out. I shout "Ha!", but then the rest of the poo poo hits me and I feel a lot less like laughing. Whatever protection thing Alanna cast on me holds long enough to weather things (ugh, thanks Alanna, I guess), but it doesn't make standing up against the force of it all any easier, and I drop back onto my rear end the moment it breaks (thanks, Alanna). I laugh again at the blob as it caws and flip it a quick finger before I notice the smoke and tug my bandanna up and hold it there with my still-intact left hand. The smoke still get in my eyes and stings like poo poo, and even with something over my mouth I start coughing as I pick myself up.

My suspicion that the smoke is some kind of magic bullshit is confirmed when I blink to try and clear my eyes and the cawing comes back, so, that's great. And I hear... I think I hear Anna? Which is a bit weird, because she's actually finally gotten out of here, but magic poo poo does all kinds of poo poo, so who knows. loving magic. I focus on trying to hear what she's saying, but then that wolf interrupts because I guess me and it both don't like to leave poo poo unfinished. I snort. "Alright fucker, sure." I'm starting towards it to just stomp the thing out of my misery once and for all when it starts to walk out of its body, which, combined with the lightheadedness starting to take hold of me, makes me stop and blink a bit. The ghost wolf-thing snarls as it pops the rest of the way out of its body; it'd honestly be a bit cool, I guess, all shining and poo poo, if it wasn't about to start our fight again. I tense to try and do... something when it comes at me, and then it starts burning up in the smoke. I crack a smirk under the bandanna and turn away to get my gun as the thing freaks out. I guess the smoke's bad for ghosts, which makes sense; also proves that wolf thing was kinda fuckin' dumb to not know that itself. Stupid fuckin' wolf.

I stumble to my knees in front of my gun - smoke must be getting to me - but I make it and go to grab it with my free hand. And then I see that my hand and my hand aren't together and end up just kind smacking the butt of my gun and send it spinning a bit away. I drop my bandanna and grab the gun with my non-ghosting hand and scramble through the smoke towards the corner Alanna is around. Anna's singing is pounding in my head, and I don't need to focus to tell what it's saying as I charge around the bend and tumble into a slump against the wall. I toss my gun down and grab my right hand to confirm it's still there before I even remember Alanna's there and glance up towards her with what is certainly a crazy look. "Uh, hey. F- funny running into you here. In the sewer."

RandallODim fucked around with this message at Jul 26, 2017 around 17:04

thelazyblank
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!



Blood -1, Heart 1, Mind 1, Spirit 1 | Mortality 1, Night 0, Power 1, Wild 0
Harm 0 00 00 | Corruption XX000

I take a deep breath once I'm out of the smoke, seeing Sal trying to be clever despite the fact that she also seems to be a little freaked out by what's going on. "Well, you found what I was looking for. Something related to it, at least. I was looking into our ghost problem. Was that ghost being.. de-ghosted? How are you doing, anyways, given your whole.. thing with the being dead but not quite dead?" I keep my eyes on the talon for a moment, trying to put the pieces back together of everything that's happened.

The talon is connected to the creatures attacking Sal, but maybe not the ghost. The ghost was probably attacked, but these wolves don't look like they're the brains, just a force of nature. Which means that whatever's trying to get the ghosts is still out there, and the only connection is this thing that I'm not sure works anymore. At least I got rid of one of the wolves. "I'm guessing you know less about this thing than I do, right? Because this whole thing barely makes sense right now, at least when it comes to who's really involved with this. But at least, we know what's killing the ghosts. Probably."

I look behind Sal and all around the sewers. "I'm gonna keep this, if you don't mind?"

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Arguing about anime since 99


Mr. Felix's face whitens as he looks at the display case where a green smoke starts to wisp from the ten sided die. The last remaining ward , a blue hexagonal star, starts to flicker and wane. As he begins to frantically rummage through a bookshelf he answers you question

“The wine bottle belong to queen mab and was used to seal He-Who-Sings. It was used to contain his essence.. His will should you say.. Anyone who drinks from it contains a portion of him and thus knows his true name”

The cushion stops whispering and starts to shiver.. You look around the room for any weapons that won't result in your guts being stewn out on the floor and you spy a shield and a gun. Felix starts throwing books haphazardly to the floor as he continues his frantic search.

“Any who drink of his essence shall know his true name and when his true name is spoken the dance will begin a-new. That's the prophecy Lady Glenrose stated after that monster was sealed” Felix stops as he strains to grab a large book. “Some of the fae took this as a way to start the war, so naturally some of them are trying to awaken He-Who-Sings and others who like the peace are trying to stop those fae”

Felix finds the book and starts leafing through it. A large THUMP Is heard from the display case and both of you look at the case. The d10 is swirling and smacking against the heavy glass leaving shatter marks in it's wake. Green gas starts to swirl around in the display case. You discreetly go to the other display class and look at the weapons, a gun with inlays of silver, gold and a cross on its handle. Its a large indiscreet revolver and its plaquard names the gun “BANE”. Felix speaks and you look up at him feigning attention.

“Im assuming the fae are after you because you drank the wine? They are hoping to either silence you or get the name out of you... I'm going to assume the process is fatal either way..” Felix sighs as he stops on a page in his book, you see weird inlays and ritualistic circles emit from the page. Felix grabs a piece of chalk and traces the incantation in the air. With Felix busy with that you look down at the shield. Its simple, light and has a belt that looks like it would go over your forearm. The shield is a light bronze and depicts a gorgeous sun overlooking a thriving orchard.

Mr Felix coughs and you look up. He raises his eyebrows and looks at the display case you are looking at.

“Pick one and pick it quickly. Consider it a loan. Now, I figure both of us needs to survive the next 5 minutes. You hold the demon off, delay it and Ill bind it to the dice again”.

Before you have time to object the display case shatters and the green mist forms a gigantic circle. A large clawed foot slams down onto the wooden floor. A large demon, curled horns on it forehead emerges from the portal. The demon is intimidating, hellfire and smoke spewing from its body, and its definetly male. Its broad shoulders, its muscles all toned and ready for combat. The black infernal sword of smoke is also a clue of it's intentions. It slams the sword down onto the ground, kneels and bows towards Olivia

“Queen of the dark.. I have arrived..” The demon smiles as if it has completed a task of some kind and then stands up and swings the sword, aiming it at Olivia “To take your heart!”


MC posted:

You have time to take one item, the shield or the gun
What do you do? Don't forget you have a +1 forward




Kelly and Shin-Hye posted:


Ella quickly explains how the amulet works again. Draw a compass on the ground and hover the amulet over it. It will point towards Peter of Many Shields. As Kelly stands there groaning about help Ella lifts an eyebrow

“Shin-Hye isn't a member of my court... Yet... Consort position is always open honey...” Ella says looking at Shin-Hye like a bear looks at a piece of steak “So any assistance given is of their own accord... Unless.. you require more help Officer Kelly? My squire here is quite skilled in assisting those of a higher station. He could accompany you.. for a price..”

Unless you interrupt otherwise Ella motions you out, letting the centaur provide some assistance if you require it to leave her night club.


MC posted:

Ella offers the assitance of Warren the squire, he will accompany you and help you, if you accept she gains a debt on you

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

He presumably spends
his time traveling the world, annihilating any rapper foolish enough to challenge him



Blood: 2 Heart: 1 Mind: -2 Spirit: 1 | Mortality: -2 Night: 1 Power: 1 Wild: 2
Harm: X | ▢▢ | ▢▢ | Corruption: X▢▢▢▢
Tags: Light Harm: (right) hand with a hole, Ghost-Transforming

I take a deep breath as Alanna asks how I'm doing and glance down to confirm my hand's not doing... whatever that was again. Fortunately, aside from having a hole through it, things seem fine."Yeah I'm- I'm good," I say, gently letting go of my hand and sitting more upright. "Takes more than some dumb sewer wolves to keep me down." I grin and prod a finger through my hand hole, as much for gross-out value as emphasis.

"And yeah, she was in pretty bad shape when I found her. Had that," - I point at the thorn - "stuck waaaaay in her side. Healed up pretty much as soon as it was out, though."

As Alanna continues, I get my gun and shove it back through my belt before standing up. Figures fancy miss magic would want to hang onto the weird magic crap, but, gently caress it, what was I gonna do with it anyway? 'Sides, maybe she'll actually figure something out. "Sure, take it. Just, lemme know when you find something out, alright? Arc- I'm invested in whatever's going on down here too, y'know?" Smooth, Sal. Just tell everyone about how you owe the drug baron of ghosts, why don'tcha? "Be careful with it, though," I quickly add, changing the subject like the smooth conversationalist that I am. "That thing really put me on my rear end when I took it out. And Raven sure doesn't like it either." As if on cue, my feathered shoulder decor lands on her usual perch. "So, y'know, it's probably some seriously bad poo poo."

thelazyblank
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!



Blood -1, Heart 1, Mind 1, Spirit 1 | Mortality 1, Night 0, Power 1, Wild 0
Harm 0 00 00 | Corruption XX000

"Could be a spiritual thing. As in related to spirits, not religion. There's probably a better word for it. Still, don't have time to figure this out right now. I'll give you a call if I get back in one piece." I'm not going to go over the whole plot right now, definitely. Not that I'm completely following it anyways. "You gonna be okay down here by yourself?" I can't be too worried about Sal, both because she's an undead force of nature when she gets rolling, but I also really don't have the time. Still, I can give that basic level of caring about your fellow..um, animated being. Then again, neither of us probably should have been down here by ourselves.

"You got my number if you have anything pressing. Just, keep yourself in one piece." I slowly step away from Sal, back in the direction of the heist in progress.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

He presumably spends
his time traveling the world, annihilating any rapper foolish enough to challenge him



Blood: 2 Heart: 1 Mind: -2 Spirit: 1 | Mortality: -2 Night: 1 Power: 1 Wild: 2
Harm: X | ▢▢ | ▢▢ | Corruption: X▢▢▢▢
Tags: Light Harm: (right) hand with a hole, Ghost-Transforming

"Yeah, I'll be fine. Don't get dead!" I wave, perhaps a bit more condescendingly than necessary, and then turn and break into a jog towards the nearest exit. I did my part for Arcanis - I just agreed to patrol, not sort out all his poo poo. But I can't help but feel... Like an rear end in a top hat, I guess, leaving Anna behind. I hope she's gonna be alright. Or at least get out of the loving sewers.

Not like if I'm gonna be much help if my arms are gonna keep going all ghosty, though. So, first goal, find out what the poo poo is happening to me, because, seriously, I'm still pretty loving freaked about that. Copperstone ought to have some idea, I guess, and hopefully a threat to her favorite reusable arson tool'll be enough to motivate at least some transparency.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 12:25 PM
@Sal (Randall): 2d6+2 How's Copperstone's Day Going = (6+1)+2 = 9
Sal (Randall) - Today at 12:27 PM
Gonna choose 'more costly than anticipated' cuz let's get some debts and costs racked up

The latest burner Copperstone gave me buzzes as I get closer to the surface - sewer reception's poo poo, what a surprise. I check it as I start towards the nearest subway stop while Raven ducks inside my jacket - easier to get through a train car with a bird in your shirt than on your shoulder. Guess Shin-Hye's got a line on some vamps to gently caress up tonight, which'd be great if I didn't have whatever the hell is going on with me, but hey, why turn down a free night out. Might be good to blow off some steam when the rest of this poo poo's dealt with.

@Shin-Hye posted:

busy but maybe. whats the spot

That done, I hop the turnstile - what can I say, I've got practice - and slip on the next train headed towards Copperstone Security's HQ. Even if the lady herself isn't gonna be able to help, she's gotta have someone on staff who knows about ghost poo poo.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Arguing about anime since 99

It takes you all of ten minutes to find Isabella and her demon buddies. Large shouts and threats of turning people into frogs was your first clue where they were. Sighing you take a look and see the four of them arguing at a large door, inlaid with ritual symbols. “We will NOT be bound. Not one of us will, not by you” The small demon growls at Isabella. The other 2 stand behind him their arms crossed and all of them looking sternly at Isabella.

“Well I'm not using magic to open a door linked to you-know-who” Isabella yells while dramatically motioning to the door “This thing has enough traps to cause the sewers to explode or do god knows what.”

The bridge of your noise starts to ache and you ping your nose, sensing an incoming headache. The smaller demon hisses and looks at Isabella, disdain in it's eyes. In a crooning voice it mocks Isabella. “So you want one of ussssss to open the door?And trigger the traps our-”

The demon doesn't even get to finish it's sentence as Isabella lets out a huff “No you idiot. The traps will only trigger if a magical being opens the door. Now someone of my great po-”

The demon simply motions at its very naked unhuman body in response to the “magical being” part of Isabellas speech.

“Yes so to get around that I bind you to my domain, say a little few words and presto, your magical energies are contained and you are mortal for a few seconds. Open the door and poof go back to being a demon with a very tiny balls”

They have been so busy arguing that nobody has noticed you yet.

What do you do?



Getting off at the sky train station in Burnaby you walk a few blocks and wind up at Copperstone's Security firm. The building sits nestled in a little forest right next to BCIT. Its a large building compared to burnaby but small compared to the towering skyscrapers that litter the Vancouver skyline. It's not surprising to see that the office is still staffed even on a canada day and you enter and greet a cheerful, yet distracted, secretary. Everyone you meet and every object you see has Copperstones logo somehow imprinted onto it. You go through the standard process of meeting Copperstone. Pat down, mandatory signing of the neutral accords, another pat down and friendly escort to Copperstone's waiting area. The raven on your shoulder CAWS angrily as the security guards try to approach it.

“Let the raven through” A firm voice demands through the static of one of the security guards. The security guard relents and stops at the long hallway towards Copperstone's office. They wave you through and you go down the hallway, ignoring all the paintings that stare at you on your way. You stop at a door and look at the nameplate, etched in gold is Copperstone's name along with the logo of her company. You knock , wait, knock again... and then open the door with a sigh.

Copperstone is wearing headphones and jamming out to some indiscernible tune. She has a rather large looking golf club in her hands and is practicing her golf swing, slamming it against a rolled up carpet. Every time the club smashes into the carpet a muffled moan is generated.

Copperstone acknowledged your presence with a briefest of a nod and as you walk through the door you shiver as you pass through wards. Copperstone sits down at her desk and taps her fingernails on its oak. “How's it going goldfish? Good work on the Benjamin case, that guy was a total drag. I'm just dealing with a few loose ends” Copperstone motions to the bound up carpet which is twitching. “ I do like your job title. I find trouble.. and you shoot it. So onto business Sal. I have Murphy to handle all the lovely jobs and right now I have no trouble that I can't handle myself... Actually I could use your help with something... So what brings the replacement goldfish and the raven to my door?”

What do you do?


After a 45 minute drive in the canada day traffic you arrive at the New WestMinister safe-injection site in the evening. Shin-hye looks at his watch and at the setting sun as his mind goes over a checklist of what he needs to do to prepare for tonight. As Kelly gets out of her patrol car her police intercom squeals out, a staticy voice demanding her attention.

“Calling all Port Coquitlam beat cops, we have a 10-57, shots fired.. Need all police”

Kelly scowls and motion for Shin-Hye to go on without her and she picks up the intercom.

Shin-Hye shrugs and expecting the police office to not get into too much trouble (or any more fae deals) rounds the corner and steps towards the entrance... And then stops. What was a pack of goon has tripled in size and in weaponry. A few goons have batons out and are directing foot traffic in and out of the clinic. A few other goons are dressed up in common clothes and doing various activity while maintaining a high vigil. And one red-haired security goon is headed straight towards you, his copperstone emblazoned jacket doing little to conceal his thick-neck and large arms or the large protective vest he has on. Before you can react he gets within a few feet of you and takes off his cap, revealing a huge tuff of bright red hair and starts apologizing.

“Sorry about the problems Sir. Administrator didn't tell us about the contract work they needed done” Then with one big sweeping motion he reveals the tazer pointed directly at your balls and motions towards the door “She said when you showed up to escort you straight to her so you can get started. Please, come with me”

What do you do?

Exmond fucked around with this message at Aug 1, 2017 around 02:38

Green Bean
May 3, 2009



Blood: 0 Heart: -1 Mind: +1 Spirit: +2 | Mortality 0, Night 0, Power 1, Wild 1
Harm 1/5 | Corruption 0/5

Olivia considered the gun - the best defence was a good offence, after all - but frankly her only experience with guns was Gramps' hunting rifle when she was a teenager. So she dove for the shield and brought it up just in time to catch the demon's sword blow. She gritted her teeth and tried not to get distracted by the fact that the Olivia in her vision had also grabbed the shield, and been gutted for her trouble. Speaking of which...she leapt back, shield in hand, avoiding being disembowelled by the demon's retractable talons she technically had no way of knowing existed besides the cards. She met the demon's gaze evenly, refusing to show fear even as she was terrified on the inside (perks of a professional poker face). And it was because of that look she noticed the demon's eyes flicker over to Felix tracing his incantation. gently caress.

She knew that Felix was the only way they weren't going to all die, so if she wanted to live, she'd have to do something pretty stupid, namely holding a murderous demon's attention for the next five minutes. And that meant convincing it somehow that she was the bigger threat. Fortunately, that entailed going back to her wheelhouse; convincing suckers she had some unknown mystical strength. "You call me Queen of the Dark, knave of the lower planes, but you grasp only the barest fraction of my power!" She swung at him with the shield, and more surprised than anything, the demon took a step back.

"I am a Daughter of Mokanna, a Wise Sister of the Stone. I commune with a higher order, higher than even you, worm of chaos." All technically true, at least according to the many, many 'official' certifications in energy work and crystal alignment she'd spent a depressing proportion of her income. "Yu Mo Gui Gwai Fai Di Zao, demon, hear these words and be bound once more. Yu Mo Gui Gwai Fai Di Zao!"

The words were nonsense, copied from a cartoon she'd watched as a child. But the demon would feel it - mostly because it actually was being bound, just in a slightly less ostentatious way by Felix. But from the slightly desperate way it swung its sword at her, it seemed it had forgotten all about him. Now she just had to keep herself safe for another 3 minutes and 25 seconds. Yay.

Green Bean - Today at 9:29 PM
/r 2d6+3 #Mislead, distract, or trick the demon
SidekickBOT - Today at 9:29 PM
@Green Bean: 2d6+3 Mislead, distract, or trick the demon = (5+2)+3 = 10

I'll take:
• You create an opportunity
• You confuse them for some time
• You avoid further entanglement

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Blood +2 | Heart +1 | Mind +0 | Spirit -1 || Mortality +2 | Night +1 | Power -1 | Wild +0
Harm:(electrical burns, -1 until end of scene) |☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Location: Injection Site

As I walk up to the goddamn rent-a-cop filled fun house I'd agreed to check out — that Kells's wolf was also at, talk about a small fuckin' world — one of my burners buzzes. Sal. Sounds like she has her own poo poo going, but I'll drop her the details anyway. Girl likes to dust some vamps, never gonna say no to the prospect of her crashing our party. I tap in a quick message and drop the phone back into a pocket.

@Sal posted:

Hitting some Moonwalker stashes at midnight in Oakridge. It's gonna be a hell of a show. [picture of a map with the stashes highlighted]

I pull my big rear end coat a little tighter to block more of the sun. I'm not liking the looks of all this. I mean, yeah, no fuckin' way they bought that poo poo I was layin' on 'em earlier. Didn't figure they'd call in the fuckin' army, but... Well, poo poo. My word's about all I've got, yanno? 'Sides, I'm not about to let Ivy down after all that poo poo I let slip earlier. I try to look casual, maybe slip in with the rest of the normal fuckers and... yeah, looks like I've made a new friend. Fuckin' Firehair and his fuckin' big-rear end taser. Jesus.

Obviously I'm not gonna go with him. That poo poo sounds crazy. Good way to get got. So... mebbe it's time to let these fucks know who they're messing with. I reach for my guns, but fuckin' Kells is right there. poo poo. That moment of hesitation costs me. The goon is pretty quick on the draw and sees me goin' for 'em. The prongs bury themselves deep in my thigh — thank gently caress I shifted at the last second — and all sorts of juice fuckin' just about blows my mind.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Yesterday at 3:42 PM
@Shin-Hye (Tricky): 2d6-1 [Can Shin-Hye keep their cool?] Probably not! = (2+3)-1 = 4

1-harm, -1 ongoing until the end of the scene.

Now, I like to think I'm a pretty fuckin' reasonable person. You don't fuckin' tase me, I don't break your face. Well. Given the circumstances? I'm gonna be breakin' a lotta fuckin' faces. I crack my neck back and forth, meet his eyes, and fuckin' slam my head into his nose. If I was a bloodsucker, I'd be in fuckin' heaven. As is? I'm still feelin' like I owe him a little somethin'-somethin'.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Yesterday at 3:35 PM
@Shin-Hye (Tricky): 2d6+2 Shin-Hye goes all John Woo The Raid on the guards! = (5+6)+2 = 13 (12 including the -1 ongoing which technically happened first)

Inflicting terrible harm with bare fists and vamp strength for a total of 2-harm.

I rip the prongs outta my leg while Firehair reels back and grimace in pain. That fucker was gonna pay. They all were. But, despite it all, I'm pretty fuckin' tough. And really, really fuckin' mad. I'm already in motion by the time he's got his hand up where his nose used to be. I put a boot through his knee. Goin' by the howl of pain, the fact he's writhin' on the floor, and the way his leg's going all cross-wise, I don't think he's gonna be goin' anywhere for a while.

'Course, that did have the effect of drawin' all his rear end in a top hat buddies over towards me. Batons? Riot guns? Like that's gonna slow me down. I'm gonna ram that poo poo straight down their throats. I point at one of the closest of 'em and give him the classic 'come at me, bro' hand wave. I think he must've seen what I did to his buddy, cause he ain't comin' at me. Looks like he's a little scared. I burst into a sprint and lay into him with a flyin' knee. I stomp his face for good measure, but there's no time to really work 'im over.

I've got dozens of 'em to show exactly why you don't mess with On Mother-Fuckin' Shin-Hye. I crack my knuckles. This is gonna be a fuckin' riot.

thelazyblank
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!



Blood -1, Heart 1, Mind 1, Spirit 1 | Mortality 1, Night 0, Power 1, Wild 0
Harm 0 00 00 | Corruption XX000

Well, I probably shouldn't do this, but given the situation, it seems nothing will get done without having me around. Worst case, I now know all their faces and can rat them out to all sorts of people.

"What seems to be the problem, and why are you arguing about it anywhere near where we're trying to get in? Unless you guys know something I don't, this isn't likely to be the last weird bit of security, so let's take it one step at a time, and have those with the magical power still able to use them if need be. What she says will work. And I don't want to be in this sewer any longer than I have to be, given that thing I just sent back to wherever it came from."

Jumping straight into the conversation may also have been the worst way of doing this, but I'm right now much more interested in not pissing off another wizard to cause more problems in my life, thanks.

OOC posted:

Alanna (TLB) - Today at 5:32 PM
/r 2d6+1 #Persuading Demons
SidekickBOT - Today at 5:32 PM
@Alanna (TLB): 2d6+1 Persuading Demons = (3+4)+1 = 8
Partial hit.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Arguing about anime since 99


Firehead clutches his nose and lets out a grunt of pain as he goes down. He manages to roll with the boot to the knee and by the time you are wrecking havoc on the security goons he is getting up. You revel in the panicked looks of the security goons are you rush them, the ones that you don't manage to punch or kick run towards their fallen companions and start pulling them aside. You jump from security guard to security guard, punching one in the kidneys, throwing one into another and wrecking havoc among the group. A civilian lets out a panicked yell as you easily toss one of the security guards into a car.

You see rapid movement coming from the entrance of the safe injection site and see a smaller group of men wearing heavy security outfits and riot gear , all emblazoned with the copperstone security logo, march out of the safe injection site and start directing the panicked populace to a safe area. For now they seem content to maintain the safety of the immediate area around the safe injection site and have no interest in containing the hurricane of punches that is currently yourself.

“Hey Jackass...” Firehead says as you easily dodge a punch from one of the security goons. He appears to be reading from a small notepad and judging by his monotone voice is being forced to say the words “As security chief of Copperstone Securities we feel obligated to let you know that we will respond to any forms of violence with an appropriate response. An appropriate response may include, but not be limited to, breaking arms, pepper spray or “

Firehead continues to rattle off all various forms of delightful forms of physical punishment. You are starting to get a bit of a high from all this fighting, a bit more of this and you might be able to feed....

What do you do

'MC" posted:

You are currently facing

Mr Firehead (1 harm taken, +1 Armor, close)
Security Goons (1 harm, +0 Armor, 2 size group, intimate)
Riot Goons (0 harm, +??? Armor, 1 size group, close)



The demon snarls and starts pacing around you but anytime it gets close a swipe from the shield makes it step back. As Felix starts to quietly chant you can see the threads of magic start to circle around the demon threatening to undo its own fabric of realities.

“This.. This isn't you my queen... No no no!” The demon starts swiping at various objects with its sword, smashing furniture. “No, Have I arrive too late? Have you spoken its name? Or is it too early...”

The demon stabs the floor and hellfire starts to leak out of the impact crater. It stares wildly, its black hair tossing everywhere.

“No.. No it's not too late its early.. And if its early then... Then I have a chance!! I WILL NOT BE BOUND”

The demon shouts out its last words, more of a declaration of war then a sentence. Hellfire continues to seep up from the hole it made with its sword. Stretching out his arms the demon laughs and the sword starts to levitate.. And more and more hellfire starts to surround the demon.

“If im early then you aren't the queen.. and that means I can fight you!”

The demon laughs as it raises up hellfire in an attempt to fight off the binding. The fire mingles with the threads of magic and starts to burn them away... as well as the furniture. Flames cough up from the couch and it lights on fire..

What do you do? Dont forget your +1 ongoing




All 3 of the demons turn around to face you hissing as you tear down their arguments. Isabella smirks triumphantly and the smaller demon's face lights on fire as he contains his rage. His voice comes out sharp like an out of tune xylophone. It would be comical if it wasn't for the fire and the claws coming out of the demon.

“Fine then tricksssssster.. Binder... One of ussss will take the shame of being bound.. But only if weeee get something in return”

The demon looks at you its dark eyes turning into globes. It points at you with one stickly finger

“Her... She will be bound to ussssss by honor debt. If you betray us Isabella the dark, Isabella the blood red... Her life is forefit... We will hunt your apprentice down and slay her and offer her dark heart as a gift to our mistress!”

The smaller demon look triumphant as he says this and then turns around and slaps the bigger porcupine-bodybuilder demon.

“You can bind this one, his mind is weakest so it will be easy. Now, Alaaaaana was it” You shudder as the demon tries to croon out your name “Come here so you may be bound, it will not hurt”

What do you do?

'MC posted:

The demons will only agree to be bound if they get a debt on you,
The demons will bound you to them, meaning if Isabella betrays them they will be able to track you and hunt you down, ignoring any neutral accords.
What else does being bound mean? Why are the demons so against being bound?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Blood +2 | Heart +1 | Mind +0 | Spirit -1 || Mortality +2 | Night +1 | Power -1 | Wild +0
Harm:(electrical burns, -1 until end of scene) |☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Location: Injection Site

Ohhh yeah! This was the stuff! It'd been way the gently caress too long since I'd really let loose. It looked like Bloodface was too busy readin' the riot act to do much fightin', so I decide to focus more on his boys. I'm not likin' the looks of his heavies in the back, but as long as they're stayin' away and I'm over here... Might as well enjoy myself, yeah? I break a goon's baton over his head and throw 'im into a few of his friends. 'Smuch as I wanted to do this by my lonesome, I might need to call in Ella's favor sooner than later.

I point at one of the security punks, then charge at him with a flying kick. As the guy topples under the force of my kick, I can't help but think... The favor can wait til I punk these clowns, right? It's hard to concentrate on anything but how good this feels right now.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Yesterday at 8:13 PM
@Shin-Hye (Tricky): 2d6+1 Unleash on the Security Goons = (6+2)+1 = 9

Inflicting Terrible Harm (2-harm) on the Security Goons and putting Shin-Hye in a bad spot.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

He presumably spends
his time traveling the world, annihilating any rapper foolish enough to challenge him



Blood: 2 Heart: 1 Mind: -2 Spirit: 1 | Mortality: -2 Night: 1 Power: 1 Wild: 2
Harm: X | ▢▢ | ▢▢ | Corruption: X▢▢▢▢
Tags: Light Harm: (right) hand with a hole, Ghost-Transforming

Well at least someone seems to be having a fun Canada Day. I slide into one of the ludicrously cushion-y leather seats opposite Copperstone's desk and grit my teeth at the 'goldfish' line; "I flush you when you die and then a new one shows up for me to treat the exact same way," was her explanation, and I still don't know if it's sincere affection or just another power move, or whether that's the power move, which, hey, par for Copperstone. Either way, if there's one lesson she has taught me, it's to never show a weakness. So, instead, I grit my teeth and itch at my bandanna, now pressed into service as a bandage for my hand. Not that I really need to worry about infection, but people in general tend to get weird about exposed gaping wounds when you're walking around. So, modesty bandage.

I lean back in the chair and stretch as Copperstone finishes speaking - not that I think she's fooled by faked relaxation, but I'm pretty sure she'd be offended if I didn't make the effort to play the game. "Oh, nothing much. I was just in the neighborhood and thought I'd stop in to see if you needed help with anything. Since you usually do. Guess I was right!" I smirk and sit upright, and start unraveling my bandanna-bandage. "Shouldn't be a problem, as long as I can do it while I'm turning into a ghost or whatever. Which I might be." I drop the bandanna in my lap and wave my punctured hand around. "Had a run-in with some... wolf-things? In the sewer. Got this for my trouble and then later my arm went 'whoosh'-" I swing my hand in a big arc for emphasis, "right out of itself for a second. Which made picking my gun up a real pain in the rear end." I drop my hand back in my lap. "So, that's what's going on with me today. It's been real exciting."

thelazyblank
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!



Blood -1, Heart 1, Mind 1, Spirit 1 | Mortality 1, Night 0, Power 1, Wild 0
Harm 0 00 00 | Corruption XX000

Well, that definitely isn't happening. loving Isabella. Next time, I'm bringing Sal along to kill the lot of them. There is no way I'm going to be bound to some demon, that doesn't go away. Even if Isabella wasn't going to turn on them, leaving me with a giant mark on my soul for at least a year. You know, just to make sure. It imprints something onto your very soul, or whatever you want to call it. Once someone has a link there, other people can dig into that mark, it's like a wound. So, no. Hell no. I step in front of the least of the demons, looking over at Isabella. "Now you owe me. I'll do it, since your allies want to play games. Let's get this over with."

This is going to suck, but it'll be short term compared to whatever those demons have planned.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Arguing about anime since 99


Isabella looks a bit shocked as you agree to be bound but quickly covers it up. As she directs you to a prepared ritual circle she gathers her hands around her and starts channeling magic. The ritual circle lights up as Isabella propels the threads of magic at the circle. The strands twist around you and you flinch as they tighten around you hand. With a sudden gust of wind the strands weave around each other to form a string that binds your hand to isabella's wrist. It shimmers for a moment and then dissipates. However Isabella isn't done and she fills the ritual circle with magic. To your eyes you can see the threads of magic circle around you forming a hurricane of ritual energy... To outsider eyes Isabella is hollering and doing weird hand gestures towards you. The ritual circle continues to fill with magic, Isabella may not be the most subtle mage but she is able to gather huge amounts of magic. The bound between you shimmers and Isabella starts weaving her spell. The string at your hand starts to get engraved with personal sigils and symbols and weaves it's way up to Isabella. Just as you realize what Isabella has done her thoughts invade your mind.

“Don't think about cats, Don't think about cats, Don't think about cats. Oh this actually worked!”

You groan as you realize Isabella has made you her familiar or something very similar. You instinctively reach out for magic and find that yes, just like a familiar, the “master” is in the way. Isabella rubs her forehead and with a noticeable amount of effort opens the way for you to gather magic. Her thoughts bounce between you mind.

“Hmmm, harder than I thought to maintain this... Only gather magic in an emergency okay?”

And with that Isabella closes the doors and for the first time in a long time you find that you cannot gather magic. The world seems a bit more grayer and duller with magic cut off from you. The demons still seem threatening and ready to rip your throat out but the rest of the sewers seem dull, not that they were exciting to begin with. You look at the ritual door and touch it. You see Isabella and the demons tense up but the door offers no resistance and you easily open it. A large hallway beckons you forward and nine rather large and rather angry mummies, who all turned to stare at you when you opened the door, beckon you to leave. Before you can rub the bridge of your nose to get rid of the incoming headache the demon's rush forth. The larger procupine bodybuilder demon lets out a whoop of sheer joy and the demons start to make quick work of the mummies.

“Huh didn't even need to ask... Gotta figure out a way to get a demon familiar” Isabella thought's bounce in your mind and you glare at her.

What do you do

MC posted:

The demons easily have this fight, you don't need to get involved
You gain a debt on Isabella
Consider your promise to isabella paid off and then some, Trigger Promises are as good as debts and the promise was fulfilled and provided you great difficulty.
You are Isabella's familiar and magic is cut off from you. Your Channeling roll can only be allowed by Isabella and will take a ongoing -1


As you continue to throttle the regular security guards Firehead finally gets to the last page, his monotone voice getting a little bit more sinister as he says the last parts of his practiced speech.

“And Copperstone security must inform you that your continued actions and failure to stop resisting has forced us to protect ourselves by using more strenuous means. Copperstone Security would like to inform the populace to take cover and that all security members have been trained in anti-discrimination measures and that any beanbag rounds that may hit you do not care about your race, sex or beliefs but rather your violent actions.”

As firehead finishes his speech the Riot guards start to move in their movements showing the grace of practice maneuvers. The front 5 bring up their riot shields while the ones in the back bring up their riot guns, aiming at your fast movement. You toss a random security goon at the riot guards and their body smashes against the shield with a large THWACK. The goon lands on the ground motionless his rasped breathing the only indication that he is alive. The Riot guards simply move over him, undeterred by your attack. You look around as you realize you are starting to get surrounded, Security goons to your right and left, Riot guards coming ahead and Firebrand coming from behind. The adrenaline and tension is palpable and you can see threads starting to form, such pretty colors. You breathe heavily smelling the sweat and feeling the adrenaline pump in your veins. Another security goon tries his luck and you hurl him, throwing his body against a large street lamp. The security guard smacks against the lamp and the camera falls to the ground. You grin as you can feel his pain in the air, you can taste it.

What do you do? Don't forget your -1 Ongoing

MC posted:

You can feed if you want, what does your feeding look like and why is it obvious?

You are currently facing

Mr Firehead (1/4 harm taken, +1 Armor, close)
Security Goons ( 3/4 harm taken, +0 Armor, 2 size group, intimate)
Riot Goons (0 harm, +??? Armor, 1 size group, close) 




As you swing your hand your arm ghosts out ahead of it and your real hand lands uselessly on the large oak desk. With a bit of concentrated effort you drop your hand back into your lap. Copperstone raises her eyes up in mild surprise and opens up a small laptop and begins tapping on it while absent mindly talking to you.

“Hit something like that back in the 60's. Not the wolf-thing but the whole out of body experience. Some good poo poo went down in woodstock. Looks like your soul is trying to escape the body and in your case that might stick. Might want to avoid that.”

Copperstone frowns a little as she looks at the computer screen and opens up her phone and quickly sends a text message. She continues to look at the phone while talking to you.

“Now much like the 60s experience the crash back to earth can be a bit unpleasant. We need to emulate that experience to ground you, make sure your soul doesn't go flying towards lala land, or in your case going to hell. In order to emulate that”

Copperstone reaches into her desk and pulls out a large talisman with a silver chain. She gets up to the rolled up carpet and bends down to pick up her golf club.

“We are going to need some Blood, Sweat and Tears.” With each word she punctuates it with a large thwack from the golf club and a small red substance drips out from the carpet. She dabs the talisman in it and the talisman starts to glow. She tosses it to you.

“Got that signed by the band at woodstock. Collector's item so make sure you give it back in prestine condition. That little baby should ground you and prevent your soul from escaping. It won't be permanent but give me some time and more importantly some incentive and I can find a permanent solution”

The talisman glows and seems to spread a red aura around you. You feel slightly annoyed as you put it on and tired but the feeling seems to go away in time. Your hand tingles for a moment and you wiggle your fingers.

“Now speaking of solutions.. I have some trouble.. and I need you to handle it” Copperstone swings the laptop around showing you the screen. You see a scene of carnage, security personnel being tossed around and broken bones and bruised ribs abound. A flicker of motion is seen in the corner of the screen and another security guard is thrown, landing a few feet away from the camera and knocking the camera off of its hinge. The camera rolls on the ground and you see Shin-Hye laughing and maliciously smiling as he beats up another security guard.

“He's trouble. Shoot him, disarm him and bring him to me...”

Copperstone grabs the laptop and begins typing away. The door behind you open and you see an unfamiliar hallway that leads to a waiting room that is full of scared civilians. You look at the bronze lettering on the hallway and it reads DeLuca Safe Injection Site.

What do you do?

MC posted:

Copperstone wants a debt for the talisman
Copperstone offers you a job (Debt opportunity). Deal with Shin-Hye and bring him to her, unarmed and preferably alive

Green Bean
May 3, 2009



Blood: 0 Heart: -1 Mind: +1 Spirit: +2 | Mortality 0, Night 0, Power 1, Wild 1
Harm 1/5 | Corruption 0/5

Olivia frowned as the demon saw through her trickery thanks to...whatever its purpose was. Frankly, she didn't have any idea what it was after or who this 'Queen' might be. That very much seemed like an 'after we don't get murdered' kind of problem. She swore under her breath as the demon began to literally burn through Felix's wards. She doubted it'd fall for another bluff, so she was basically out of ideas. Unless...

Olivia knows only the basics of mystic history and how to properly seal and store ancient tomes and artefacts. However, what she does know is that in addition to wards against demonic intrusion and magical thievery, a smart archivist would include a modern ward against a very old threat. She glanced to the side, and as expected, there was a fire extinguisher next to the window. She dove for it as the hellfire flared up, fumbling for the valve for a second before managing to squeeze the handle and douse the demon in a cloud of fire-retardant foam. She glanced to the side and noticed three of her tarot cards had scattered onto the floor, and she knew better than to not pay attention to that

Green Bean - Today at 4:43 PM
/r 2d6+1 #Figuring Someone Out
SidekickBOT - Today at 4:44 PM
@Green Bean: 2d6+1 Figuring Someone Out = (3+6)+1 = 10

Olivia asks:

- What’s your character’s beef with me?
- What does your character worry might happen?
- How could I get your character to stop resisting the binding so much?

Green Bean - Today at 4:47 PM
/r 2d6+3 #keep your cool
SidekickBOT - Today at 4:47 PM
@Green Bean: 2d6+3 keep your cool = (3+4)+3 = 10

Green Bean fucked around with this message at Aug 7, 2017 around 20:50

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Blood +2 | Heart +1 | Mind +0 | Spirit -1 || Mortality +2 | Night +1 | Power -1 | Wild +0
Harm:(electrical burns, -1 until end of scene) |☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Location: Injection Site

I reach out for the threads. Normally I'm not the type to go takin' without askin', but these punks started it all. Of course, before I can really dig in, somethin' goes all sideways.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 12:16 PM
@Shin-Hye (Tricky): 2d6+1 Shin-Hye feeds from the crowd! = (2+1)+1 = 4

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010



Blood: -1 Heart: 1 Mind: 2 Spirit: 0| Mortality 1, Night 0, Power 1,Wild 0
Harm 0/5 | Corruption 0/5

Shin Hye was quiet on the drive over, which was one small mercy. If you asked me she belonged in the back seat of my cruiser and not the front but one of the first things you learn as a cop is that life ain't always fair and no one ever gets what they want. As we pulled up near the injection site I turned to her and said "ok here's the plan..." but before I could get another word out she was out of the car and striding of as if she owned the place. I went to follow her and the radio started up. "10-57 shots fired." They are the three words no police officer wants to hear. It meant someone was shooting at a cop. Now don't get me wrong. I was certainly frustrated at getting so very close to my fugitive but that's the one call where you drop everything and get there at high speed now! Shin Hye, werewolves all that poo poo could wait. I mean don't get me wrong I knew half the cops on the force were in someone's pocket and not straight and honest like me but the next person to take a potshot at a cop might be shooting at me and I'd want backup yesterday. "This is officer James, on route. can you give me more information" I said as i revved the engine up and switched on my lights.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

He presumably spends
his time traveling the world, annihilating any rapper foolish enough to challenge him



Blood: 2 Heart: 1 Mind: -2 Spirit: 1 | Mortality: -2 Night: 1 Power: 1 Wild: 2
Harm: X | ▢▢ | ▢▢ | Corruption: X▢▢▢▢
Tags: Light Harm: (right) hand with a hole, Ghost-Transforming [Controlled by Copperstone's Talisman]

quote:

Taking Debt for the Talisman

"Uh, thanks," I say as I slip Copperstone's bloodstained talisman on and tuck it under my shirt; as much as she loves the ostentatious poo poo, I don't need a weakness dangling from my neck screaming 'yank me off' at anyone I end up scrapping with. My hand feels weird for a few seconds, but a tentative finger wiggle leaves me reasonably confident that whatever drug-trip-stop-gap solution she's foisted off on me is working. Honestly, I'm surprised this visit's gone this smoothly, before Copperstone flips the laptop around, but hey, at least it just looks like a normal fight. Couldn't be some magic poo poo that out in the ope-

loving god drat loving vampire IDIOT. Great. Like my day wasn't poo poo enough, now Shin-Hye manages to just add an extra layer, just for me. Fan-loving-tastic.

I'm pretty sure I'm radiating my annoyance, but if Copperstone notices she doesn't let on as she continues hammering away at the keyboard. Does she know I know Shin-Hye? Is she loving with me? Does she even know Shin-Hye? Or is this just a mess for me specifically that I managed to stumble my stupid rear end into? A tailor-made disaster for my particular connections. I'm jealous of the idiot in the carpet, right now. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

"Yeah, alright," I tell Copperstone as I stand. "I'll get the idiot to you." Maybe Shin-Hye'll come quiet. And if not, gives me an excuse to work out some frustration on their rear end, at least. "Great, thanks," Copperstone says, waving a hand without looking up from her screen. "Exit's behind you. Ciao ciao." I'm about to tell her I'm pretty sure I know where the door is as I turn around and see not Copperstone HQ through the doorway. I will never get used to those magic doors; sure, it's nice having an easy way to and from the boss at any site, but I still have no idea how that whole... thing actually works. Not to mention I thought I'd have time to plan out how I'm gonna deal with Shin-Hye on the way over, instead of just going right there, but, gently caress it, I'll improvise. I shiver again as I pass back out of the office, and quickly take out my revolver and flip open the chamber before I'm within eyeshot of the folks in the lobby.

quote:

Vigilante Roll:
SidekickBOT - Today at 1:33 PM
@Sal (Randall): 2d6+2 lock'n'load'n'holster = (5+3)+2 = 10

Hold 3

I dump the rounds in my hand and pocket 'em - no point littering evidence - and take a moment to close my eyes and breathe as I reload. I can feel Her with me as my hands do their work, automatic now, and it relaxes me. I feel safe, my mind clear. I flip the chamber back in as I open my eyes, and stash the gun in my waistband, under my jacket, as I walk out through the lobby. Let's make this easy, Shin-Hye.

RandallODim fucked around with this message at Aug 10, 2017 around 02:54

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Arguing about anime since 99


You take a deep breath taking in the adrenaline and smile. All the blood, sweat and tears in the area seems to glitter and glow in your vision as you take it all in. The sense of the fight, the desperation in the security guards.. All of it flowing towards you and giving you that high.

One of the goons rushes towards you and you grab him by the throat and slam him into the ground. His friends rush to his aid but you easily dispatch them, a kick there, a chop to the throat there. All the while silver threads of magic start to windup in the air and feed directly into your veins. The man you have by the throat tries to gasp in fear and you chuckle as you turn your attention to him.

Straddling him you grab the baton from his hand and hold him down, his eyes widen in fear and you grin maliciously. Raising a fist you smash his face in and grin as he emites adrenaline as he attempts to fend off death. Everyone is afraid of you as you continue to pummel the goon.. And with good reason.. The goons there are trying to stop you, Shin-Hye, from doing your work. You lift your fist and land another punch on the guard, ignoring the screams coming from the crowd. They are all getting in the way of you fixing everyones..loving..problem.. Because nobody can fix their own problems... You should just swipe them away, burn it all loving DOWN!

Each word in your mind is punctuated by another punch on the hapless goon and when you look down you see a broken face that was once the security goon. Blood oozes out of the man's nostril and eyes and you momentarily pause... That's when you notice the riot guards staring at you with fear in their eyes and their shotguns at the ready. The high of all that adrenaline comforts you and rolls off of you in waves. As you hear a muzzled yell of “FIRE” you laugh and then are baptized by beanbag rounds.




With the revolver in your wasteband you walk down the corridor, snearing as you pass the bronze inlay of DeLuca's name, and enter the waiting room. She is with you now and the world appears to be more sinister, more vulnerable for you to affect it. You feel powerful and it is reflected in the way you walk past the panicked civilians. Outside you see the scene of carnage, blood mixing with the pavement of the parking lot. Shin-Hye has a man by the throat and is pummeling him. You see several security goons try to pry Shin-Hye off the man but he doesn't seem to notice. It may have to do with the silver strands of magic that you see feeding into Shin-Hye that seem to strengthen him, making him impervious to the many many blows the security guards are raining down on him. You see Shin-Hye angrily start punching the man, casually lifting the goons that are trying to stop him every time he raises his fist. A large spirt of red liquid comes up from the man on the ground and the civilians in the waiting room scream in panic. Some of them are already on the phone with the cops. A security chief starts yelling at the riot goons to take position and aim. A few quick practiced steps later the riot goons are standing in position. The chief yells fire and Shin-Hye looks up, a dazed look in his eyes, and is pelted with beanbag rounds and slumps onto the ground unmoving.

The security chief frantically grabs his fallen co-worker and checks his pulse. After a few minutes he starts hauling the bloodied mess towards the safe-injection site all the while screaming for a medic. You sigh and look at the unmoving Shin-Hye, who is being dragged by a few scared looking riot goons. Looks like you got an easy job after all... Copperstone must be losing her touch..




As you rev up the engine you look in the rear view mirror and do two double takes in a row. The first double take is when you see Shin-hye getting battered by several beanbag rounds and get thrown back from a security guard who is leaking blood from every orifice on his face. Shin-Hye is being dragged by some of the heavily armored goons.

The second double take is when a old subaru narrowly misses your parked cop car, ramps up the small grass area that separates the parking lot from the main street and slams into the riot cops, scattering them.




It.. was looking to be an easy job. Shin-Hye was being dragged to Mrs Copperstone's office, the beaten up security goon was breathing and being looked at by emergency staff. Then 150lb of angry werewolf (Along with 2 tons of steel) slams into the the riot goons. The subaru continues to go forward, the riot goons that go flying off of the windwhield does little to stop the car, and slams against a large lamp. The car comes to a sudden halt and a curse is heard and a tall women kicks down the windshield and stands on top of the car and addresses the crowd.

“Allright you fuckers.. All of you get the hell away from Shin-Hye and we will call er a day!” the women says in her southern drawl. A smaller man emerges from the car, looking a bit worse for wear, and starts mock swinging the golf club he has. “Any of you fucks want to interfere then you can deal with me, IVY, leader of the Crimson Moons!”

A few more people start to appear out of the woodwork with make shift weapons, probably about 5 of them. They line up behind Ivy and start marching towards Shin-Hye.



MC posted:

Shin-Hye
Take 1 damage
Take 1 corruption
Loose your -1 ongoing
Become "Groggy". You just went on a super high, then got knocked unconscious. You are groggy but awake, take actions as normal but you are hurting.

Current encounter

Ivy (1/4 harm taken, +1 armor. Close to everyone but Mr Firehead)
Crimson Moons ( 0/4 harm taken, +0 armor, group size 1, Close to everyone but Mr Firehead)

Mr Firehead (1/4 harm taken, +1 Armor, far for everyone)
Riot Goons ( 1/4 harm, +2 Armor, 1 size group, close to everyone,group size 1)
Security Goons: DEFEATED

Exmond fucked around with this message at Aug 10, 2017 around 16:24

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Arguing about anime since 99


The demon continues to exhale his many virtues as you dive between the flames and embrace the fire extinguisher.

“No, You will not be-”

A quick puff and white retardant shuts him up. You continue to spray the flames until they are mostly extinguished. The demon continues to sputter as the white goop sloops off of him.

The first card is the tower, symbolizing destructive change or liberation. It is right side up meaning a conflict happened. You raise the card quizzically to your lips and then frantically turn around as the demon lunges towards your throat. Just as his claws close around your throat purple threads of magic bind his arms and Felix lets out a triumphant, if not tired, yell of achievement.

“No no NO! TRICKERY AND LIES were always your foundation how could I not see it!” The demon frantically yells as the strands continue to rope around him. He tears at them only to have another strand hold him back. “You always win! ALWAYS, and then you cause destruction and chaos in your wake against my kind”

”MC” posted:

What’s your character’s beef with me?
To him you are the dark queen Olivia and responsible for binding him and making him do all sort of bad things due to blackmail and threats.

The demon continues as he gets wrapped up in more and more threads. The threads start to pull him back. Outside you hear murphy starting to chop down the door.

“You told me to wait... You told me to WAIT to be summoned and then challenge you... and you pay me back with more TRICKS AND LIES.... I was supposed to claim your HEART! You threatened all that I hold dear, would sing the t̸̨͙͍͖̟̼̞̰̀͊̎̊̾̐̈́͌̑̑͛͂̂͘͜͝ͅh̶̛̹͚̞̼̙͈̪̙͕̍̂ḙ̵̌̊̊̂͗͆́̓̄̅̾͛̚͝ ̶̧̦̩̩̻̬̜̝̲̱̘̃̀͋͝s̵̥̘͎̹̒̍̋̄̂͋͛͘͘͝͝w̴̱̗̮̜̻̺̳̞̯̥̲̼̹͚̐̀͛͑̀̇̊̌̍͐́̂͘͜ȩ̷̧̖̝͙̮͍̳͈̻͔̠̂̈́͆͂͠ȩ̷͚̳̈́̅̊̀̀̊̅͗̈̽̒̐̍̕͝ț̶͍̮͈͈̈́̊̃̾͗̕͝ ̴̨̨̨̨̺͍͓̘͍̯̰̥̞́͊̃̋̓̍̿̕s̷̛̺̔̊̍͗͗͐̏̏̋̊̌̅w̶̢̟̼̝̻͖̔̀̈́̏͜ę̶̭͚̠͇̖̥̪̜̺̬̗̦̏̐̈̀̽͆̂è̷̛͉̬̻̱̈́͒̏̄̐̒̿̍t̵̻͍̭̳̳̑̆́́͋̃̆̚ ̸̝̪͕̱̠̘͔̖̩̹̐͋̈̅b̴̨̛̛̛̟̣͚̖̞̩̱̹̭̎̔̈́͒̾͘l̷͓̥̾͆̓̃̆̂ą̶͚̳̟͉͈̪̜̠̱̲͈̘̩̽͜͝ċ̴̻̜̭̆̕k̵͇͎͈̫̝̫̣̣̭̔̂͌͛͜ ̸̡̟͔̟̹̱̓̓́̓̏̾͠s̵̥̣̞̪̬̝̻̿̈̐̌́̀̑̏̌̌o̷̼̣̩͕̥͉͑̀̀͒̊̍̅͝n̸̛̟͔͓̮̥̻̬̮̞͕̂́̀̓͐̍̀̉̓̏̃ͅg̵͈̼̉̓̍͑ ̷̢̨̫͖͙̯̣͈͙̺̫̿̄͝ͅt̶̞͉̹͈͖̳̦͚̯̯̀̇̓̉͋͝o̶̧͓̣̠̻̰̪͔̟͂͊̐̾̎ ̸̺̗̦̜̃̿́̓̀̃̅͗̅̾̐̇͠ͅc̸̢̡̫̞͕͖͉̱̜͍̬͉̹̪̔à̶̞̻̥̓̓ͅu̵͎͕͍̺̻̭͇͓̝͈̘͕͋͊̔͌̾̀̒̌̑̾̐͑̋̏͒s̴̡̡͖̩̻͒̊̉̉͗̌̽̓̀̓̚͝e̵̲̣̯̒͒͛͛̃͛̀͒̆ ̷̧̦̹̗͈̪̺͓̕͜ţ̵̖̘̻̫͔͓̟̻̪̥̥̜̗͍͑̑̓͑͠h̴̨̯͈͎̠͉̗̒͗̃̑̎̊͜ḙ̴̲͚͍͍̻̱̲̻̳̤̫̤͆́́̐̈́̎̿̌̅͌̕̕̚͝į̷̧̼̯̟͔̻̦̼̦̰̭͈̼͘r̸̳̦̖̪͚̗̻̝̞̥̀̀͊̓̆͒̓̌ ̵̡̛̬̦̗̺͎̼͇̼̫̜̺̝͓͚̏͑̌͂͂̅̍̎̾ḩ̷̧̤̦̠̝͇̫͇̹͖̟̭͙̩͐ę̴̧̱͎̦̟͎͈̼͌́̈́́̚͝a̵̙̭͉͊̊͜ṙ̶͓̲̋͛̆ť̶̢̨̬̼̼̬̺͈̤͎̲͚̖́͝ş̵̪̲͓̘̹̦̳̟̝̗̼̖̭͐̈́̋̑̏̾̚ ̸͔̩̦̗̗͇̣͕̗̦̂̈́ț̷̡̢̞̞̙̀ò̵̢̱͍̖͖̻̲̦̳̦͈͔̞̟̲̑̚ ̷̡͙͇̺̻̘̜̦̹͚͋̊̿̉̕̕͜͝f̶̛̯͋̈́͗̓̎͊͂͗̀̚͘̕͠͠a̸͇̦̞͊̐̈́̇ͅd̴͈̳͔̓̏è̷͓͙̯̝͍̲͍̟̤̗̖̲̎̽͑͂̂͠ͅ ̸͍͋̌̂̓́̋̀̽̇͑̎͝ţ̸̢̢̨͉̰͔̿͗̊̀h̵̨̧̤̱̩̘̖̦̻͓͆̄̄̍̇̀̅̀͛͛̏̈́̚͝ę̸̨͎̲̜̯̝͚̜̼̦͇͋͐̃͜͝͠í̷̢̨̧̦̩̯͕̮̗̬̖̺̻̖͑̑̀̓̀̒̅̍̚͝r̸̨̗̹̜̟̦̲̻̮͚̯̾̽̏̇͐͐͐̽͂̀̑ ̶̰͖̿̀̈́̋̎̀d̵̨̡̼̖͖̫̲͓̗̥̦̰̟̫̪̃͊͛r̸̝̥̮̦̗̘͚̪̹̺̔̾͐́̂̾͗͒̾͘͜ė̵̢̯̯͎̲̻͖͙͈̻͔̺͚̏̉̿̒̋̓͘͜ͅa̵̰̼̞̳̰̺̜̼͂̾̈́̀͒͋̀͝m̸̢̢̢̟̦͎͇͖̱̈̀́̎͌̄͂͜͜s̷̗͚̀̊̓͛̈̓̂̚ ̸͙̜̯͍̩̪̭͍̈́̈́̑́̆̌̈̎͋̒̿̈͠ţ̴̨̺̻̥̺̥̳̳̰̺͈̥̓̇̈́͂̉̊̌͛̍͜͝ǫ̴̘̯̓́͑̄̓͌̾͒̓̆̃́̕͝͝ ̶̛̜̪̮̣̫͍͇̫̗͎̣͋d̴̜̥̦̪̙̰͔̗̦͒̀̐̿̈̓̈̌̕͘͝ì̷̧̧̛̛̥̺̜̤͇͈̝̦͇̼͗̈́͒̏͂̀́̇̕͝͝e̴̙̘̦̐͆ ̸̣̞̊͆̅å̷̭̎͌̈́̈́̓̆n̵̢̛͍̝̰͉̰͖̲̤̝̦͔̘͉̦͛͐͂̀̚d̷̩͖̞̘͕̱͓̝͖̘͌̀̓̍̃͑̋͊̐ͅ ̴̧̛̮̗̙̭̟̽̋͐͐̆͘t̸̢̨̺̫̗̮͇̤̥̖̰̘̖̑͂̇͌̈́͜͜͠ḣ̴̨͓̯͕͈͓̣͍̖̖̩̠̣̒̃̓̈̑́̈̐̊̿ͅȩ̵̼͖̙̥̲͇̹͖̑͝į̵̛͇̼̣̟̩͓̞̝͙̤̻͔͎͒́͋͒͑̅͊̄̚͘͝r̵̝͔̺̽̓̅̿͐̆͆ ̸̡̡̣͕̘̗̠͈̜̂̉́́̃͠͠ͅw̷̧̰͓͓̹͔̱͓̆͐̐̋̂͋͗̈́̔͂̏́̆͜͝͝ͅͅͅͅi̸̧͙͙̩̘̝͈͇̫̖͌͛̎l̵̘͕̺̓͆l̴̛̳͈̃̔̐̽̽̈͆̊͊̃̈́̕͠ ̴̙̫̼̖̦̥͕̙̤̘̳͇̤̖̏̾̀̍̇t̷̢̞̗̞͚̪̜͘o̶̡̘̥͚̳͍̗͓̣̜͇̹̮̽̽̈́̉̆̏̅̎̏̇̊̀̈̚͠ ̴̨̙͕̟̳̲̿̈́̈́́́̔̿̋̅̓̕͝ṡ̸̗̙͈̳̰̰͑̿̉̍̓͑͂͐͘̚h̴̟̼̀̊̇̈́̉̾̓̀͘͘ŗ̵̠̞̦̗̜̪͎͇̫͍̩̓̀̐͜ͅį̵͎̖̲̘̰͎̥͎̘͖̩͒͐͑̉̏̏͜v̵̨̡̳̻̰͔͇͎͖͕̝̬̥͛͂̏̉͐͂͊̂̊̿͝e̵̛̲̠̩̯̰̪͚͙͊͂͛̀̽̃̈́̌͛l̵̨̡̨̩̮̺̮̰̟͇̯̻̠̿́̈́̉̈̕ͅ ̸̛̪̫͓͔͔̣̲͚̪͎̫͍͌̿̐͛̏̓͑̕͠͠ĺ̸̘͆̓̑̓̂̊̐̈͒̌̓̈́͝í̶̢̦̊̽̑͊̔̐̑͐̈́͊̋͊͐͘ͅk̵̰͙̣̺͗̊̌͋͐ͅe̵͙̙͙͕͔̖̫͇̔̓͛̓͜ ̵̛̠̖͛̀͆̊͛̍̈́̌̃̓̆̇d̴̬̮̄̉̓̈́͒͑ṵ̷̣̟̪̿̈́̅̾̐̒̑̋̃͜͝s̷̡̧̩̳͙͒̓̋̏̊̿̊̀͑̀̂̾̍̚͝ť̸̢͍͉͖͍̻͈͔͙͔̽”

Your head hurts and dots spread across your vision as he speaks. You shake your head and it clears after a few moments.

”MC posted:

What does your character worry might happen?
The demon is worried he will fail in his quest and the Dark Queen Olivia will make good on her threat

The threads continue to tighten and push him towards the large metallic dice. He strains, his tanned muscles visibly putting in effort, and his feet slowly drag towards the dice. His voice takes on a pleading tone

“No no no! I can help, I can HELP! Bind me, bound me, the debt is yours. Summon me and I will be at your command once again Dark Queen, our deal will be struck!”

”MC posted:

- How could I get your character to stop resisting the binding so much?
Take him up on his contract and take a debt on the demon. Take the dice with you and summon him by reciting his name, he will obey your command (You will learn his name if you take the contract)

What do you do?

thelazyblank
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!



Blood -1, Heart 1, Mind 1, Spirit 1 | Mortality 1, Night 0, Power 1, Wild 0
Harm 0 00 00 | Corruption XX000

I don't need to speak with Isabella, which is nice. It means I can make snide comments without anyone else hearing me. And given the headache and without much else to do, it'll hopefully make me feel a bit better.

"Well, it's good to know your focusing technique involves not thinking about cats. I imagine there's a lot of members of the wizard community who'd love to know exactly what's going on in your head. Probably a good reason to let me out of this as soon as humanly possible, unless you want to be known as Isabella the Cat Lady."

My face stays smiling as I think all this. Except for the occasional sharp brain twinge from the weird lack of color and not being able to feel what's going on with the metaphysical plane. Not exactly full-on pain, but it's not pleasant.

"Do you know where this loving thing is?"

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

He presumably spends
his time traveling the world, annihilating any rapper foolish enough to challenge him



Blood: 2 Heart: 1 Mind: -2 Spirit: 1 | Mortality: -2 Night: 1 Power: 1 Wild: 2
Harm: X | ▢▢ | ▢▢ | Corruption: X▢▢▢▢
Tags: Light Harm: (right) hand with a hole, Ghost-Transforming [Controlled by Copperstone's Talisman]


Jeez, Shin-Hye, I didn't mean that easy. Not sure I can really take credit if all I did was pick up an unconscious vampire, but, hey, at least it was quick. Besides, maybe someone around here'll be willing to vouch for how necessary my presence was. So who's in charge of this catastrophe? I glance around to see who looks least panicked about the carnage, and catch a glimpse of red hair in a suit.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Thursday at 12:18 PM
@Sal (Randall): 2d6-2 ID'ing the ball tazer = (3+2)-2 = 3
Exmond - Thursday at 12:32 PM
@Sal (Randall) lets not disrupt the action with a MC move, Mr Firehead has a debt on you for services rendered.

gently caress. It figures, though. It had to be Ed today, didn't it? That ginger dick's had it out for me since I 'accidentally' forgot to warn him I was bringing the building we were in down. He's such a by-the-book shithead that I couldn't help myself; I mean, the jackass tried to boss me around during a fight, clearly he doesn't know gently caress-all. The look on his face when he realized I'd just shot the generator was so worth getting blown all to poo poo. And, for the kicker, the guy's too much of a company stooge to leave my body under the rubble. Hell, I bet he'd've thrown himself offa the bridge after me if Copperstone told him to. That's Ed; not an ounce of independence in him, and a hell of a chip on his shoulder to show for it.

Well, no use standing around; I need Shin-Hye, and it's only gonna be harder to convince Ed to release 'em to me if they get the idiot to lock-up. Better get mov-

quote:

SidekickBOT - Thursday at 11:43 AM
@Sal (Randall): 2d6+1 Sal+Ivy = (4+5)+1 = 10

Taking a Debt on Ivy

It's probably weird when "I recognize that car," is your first thought about someone ramping the sidewalk into a crowd of riot goons, but then again I die and come back so I'm pretty sure my bar for weird in my life is set pretty high. And I do recognize the car. Ivy kicking her way out of the windshield isn't a surprise, it's just confirmation. I actually knew Ivy before I died, weird enough; her turf was always one of the safest places for us street kids to crash in when she and the Moons didn't have anyone gunning for them. Which was rare, of course, but even when they were on the warpath Ivy'd kick some food and poo poo our way now and then. Still had its price, though. One time a few stooges came round, asking where the Moons were holed up. Said they'd beat the poo poo out of us if we didn't talk, but like gently caress that was gonna happen. I busted one'a their noses while everyone else got away. They made good on their word; I was coughing up blood for days, and it was a week before I could see anything out of the swollen mess that was my left eye. But they didn't get poo poo from me but that broken nose, so I still count it a win. Dunno if Ivy was more surprised or angry when I dragged myself to Over The Moon looking like that, but she sure appreciated knowing some assholes were looking for her and hers. They found one of 'em in an alley a few days later. Left the guy with two busted knees, chokin' on his own teeth. Didn't hear any from the others after that.

Never knew she and Shin-Hye were this buddy-buddy, but with how Ivy protects what's hers this could become real ugly real quick. Plus, I'd rather not have to fight two people I actually kind of like. So I guess it's time for talking, then. Cuz I'm so good with people.

quote:

Spending 1 hold to immediately move to close range with Ivy, and cashing in debt for +3 to persuade

SidekickBOT - Yesterday at 11:01 PM
@Sal (Randall): 2d6+1+3 Persuading Ivy To Chill = (5+1)+1+3 = 10

I step one foot up on the hood of the nearest car and launch myself into the air, landing directly between Ivy and her poor excuse for a caddy. She whips around as I flip my hood back down. "Hiya, Ivy," I say. "Long time no see. Shin-Hye's gotta come with us." I catch Mr. Golf Club's golf club with a hand as he tries to take a very unsporting swing at me, and hold it there as I continue. "Copperstone asked to see 'em. Intact, specifically. So, no need to worry-" I shoot a glare over my shoulder at Mr. Golf Club, "-or get violent. Shin-Hye's gonna be fine. Promise." I give a grin. "You know I'm good for it."

Green Bean
May 3, 2009



Blood: 0 Heart: -1 Mind: +1 Spirit: +2 | Mortality 0, Night 0, Power 1, Wild 1
Harm 1/5 | Corruption 0/5

Olivia pondered all the stories she'd read about people who'd dabbled in demonology and ultimately came out ahead. It didn't take long, since there were none. But at the same time, she had a gut feeling that the offer was, if not necessarily in good faith, at least legitimate. The demon was on its way to being bound, but Olivia didn't know enough to know what might happen if the demon got truly desperate. "Oh, gently caress it. Very well, I bind you in the Name, return from whence you came." She had no idea how this would actually work, despite her previous research into the matter. If it didn't work, hopefully whatever Felix was doing would.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Arguing about anime since 99


The demon nods greedily and just before the last threads of magic cover his body completely he shoots out a jet of flame. The flame winds and reeds around your body and you shiver as the fire whispers promises of power to you. The fire jets up and slams back into your hand burning it and branding it. A small symbol made out of three triangles smokes on your hand and whispers a name “Elmestrix Salois”. Call upon his name while throwing the die and he shall be summoned.

You grimace in pain and small black dots start to spread across your vision. The room starts to spin and the last thing you see before the ground rises up to meet you in the demon named Elmestrix Salois, completely bound by magic threads save for his mouth and ears, smiling at you as he is sucked into the die.


You awaken on Felix's couch as a clock goes bong bong bong. You grumpily look at the clock and see that only a few minutes has passed. The smell of sulfur and smoke still linger. You hear arguing coming from another room

“Unless you want copperstone to talk to your daughter then you will honour your agreement!” Murphy angrily yells at someone. You wander toward the noise, your legs still unsteady, and notice a small jab in your pocket. You look down , you hand still burning where the brand is, and pull out a large ten sided die out from your pocket.

“You brought her here and she melded with the die! If you think Im not going to go out there and tell everyone about your so called dark queen then you can go stuff it”

You spy Murphy and Felix yelling at a large ornate kitchen table. They haven't noticed you yet.

What do you do





Isabella's voice echos in your mind as the both of you nonchalantly walk in between the chaos. “Oh the cat thing.. Umm there might have been a small chance, really minute, that you would of turned into a cat..”

A demon jumps onto a mummy and throws it across the hall and isabella ducks, using the action to ignore the glare you throw at her. Another demon rushes past you and slices into a mummy, dust and old organs being strewn across.

“It's just up ahead, few more minutes and a few more doors”

True to isabella's words a few more Anti-Magic doors later you are sitting in a giagntic sphere room. The ceiling curves at the top with a weird bronze symbol at the top. The bottom of the room curves as well and a-

“Why is there a wolf circling around at the top of the room”

Isabella's thoughts pierece your concentration and you look up. There is the same wolf you commanded to go home circling around at the top of the room frantically trying to gain purchase on thin air and failing. It continues to circle around the top harmlessly in the air, glaring at you all the while.

At the center of the room is a bridge leading to a large dias. The dias has red pentagrams symbols surrounding a small tattered book that pulses blackness. The red pentagrams pulse every time the book pulses, as if it was a rhythm of a heartbeat.

Isabella opens up her connection to you and magic thrums back to you.

“Still my familiar , Ill have to undo this at my workshop... But here”

Before you can pull magic down the tether line a large birdlike roar is heard from behind you. You turn and notice the shadows starting to form down the hallway. The wolf circling in the room starts hewling and mewling and starts coughing.


What do you do? Don't forget you have the purple shard

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Blood +2 | Heart +1 | Mind +0 | Spirit -1 || Mortality +2 | Night +1 | Power -1 | Wild +0
Harm:(electrical burns) |☒ (bruised and battered) ☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☒☐☐☐☐ || Location: Injection Site

By the time I shake myself outta the funk from gettin' beat to poo poo by all those beanbag guns, everything's gone all crazy. gently caress me. This has been a great fuckin' day so far. I play dead for a bit while I get my bearings. So it looks like Ivy's here, Sal's here talkin' to Ivy... and poo poo. I forgot she ran with Copperstone. I know she can walk that sort of thing off, but it's not a good look when you try to blow out your vamp-huntin' buddy's brains. Especially not with how she's bein' all... I dunno if friendly is the right word for it, but Ivy ain't tearin' her throat out, which is a fair sight better than those punks I was beatin' on earlier are doing.

I pull myself to my feet, lookin' a pair of daggers at Ol' Firehead, then cut into their talk with a bitter chuckle, "Ya really believe that, kid? This clown fuckin' tased me while I was textin' you earlier, so 'scuse me if I don't believe in the whole Copperstone hospitality bit. Plus with whatever weird wizard poo poo your lot has in the basement..." I look at Sal seriously. "Might want to ask yer boss why the vamps are goin' crazy, huh?"

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

He presumably spends
his time traveling the world, annihilating any rapper foolish enough to challenge him



Blood: 2 Heart: 1 Mind: -2 Spirit: 1 | Mortality: -2 Night: 1 Power: 1 Wild: 2
Harm: X | ▢▢ | ▢▢ | Corruption: X▢▢▢▢
Tags: Light Harm: (right) hand with a hole, Ghost-Transforming [Controlled by Copperstone's Talisman]

"Aww, Eddie didn't mean it, didja Eddie?" I smirk over at Ed, who looks more pissed than usual about the nickname. I give a little wave before turning to Shin Hye. "'Sides, tazer's non-lethal, ain't it?" I shrug, which is a bit awkward while holding a golf club that someone's desperately trying to get back. "I dunno anything about this place, but if you really wanna find out what's in there, you could just come along and ask. Hell, I'll ask for you, cuz now you've got me all interested." It's true; I'm too drat easy to draw in with a hint of vamp intel, but hey, if it gets us out of here without me needing to kneecap a friend, all the better.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010



Blood: -1 Heart: 1 Mind: 2 Spirit: 0| Mortality 1, Night 0, Power 1,Wild 0
Harm 0/5 | Corruption 0/5

Well normally I'd be happy to see Shin-Hye get kicked around by a bunch of rent-a-cops. Couldn't happen to a nicer person. But right now I have more important.... holy poo poo where the hell did that car just come from? If I hadn't have slammed the brakes when I did I'd have been mincemeat. And then things got even worse. And you know what gently caress this poo poo I've had a day from hell and now someone just rammed a loving car through a crowd of civillians and that same someone is making a goddamn mess of my city on a public holiday. And then she gets out of the car and whoever this crazy lady is she's challenging Copperstones goons to a fight. Over Shin-Hye of all people. Ivy of the crimson moons that name rang a bell from somewhere but I'm not sure where.

quote:

Kelly James (Ferrosol)
/r 2d6 #putting a face to ivy's name
SidekickBOT
@Kelly James (Ferrosol): 2d6 putting a face to ivy's name = (4+1) = 5

Wherever it was it could wait. First things first I needed to report in "This is Officer James, I have what looks like a gang brawl going down outside of the safe injection site. I'm diverting to deal with it." then I stepped out of the car. Pulled out my gun and began walking towards the affray. "VCPD, everyone drop your weapons now! and keep your hands where I can see them." I barked out at the crowd. Ok so maybe going in alone was not the smartest move I ever made but I had an obligation to protect people in this city and despite everything I was still going to do that. I watched one of the goons reach for a weapon and smiled at him "I wouldn't do that if I were you" I said. "I've got a SWAT team setting up right now and they tend to take a very dim view of people pointing weapons at a cop you know."

quote:

/r 2d6+2 #misleading distracting and or tricking Ivy's thugs
SidekickBOT
@Kelly James (Ferrosol): 2d6+2 misleading distracting and or tricking Ivy's thugs = (5+2)+2 = 9

spending one hold to confuse these guys for some time

Green Bean
May 3, 2009



Blood: 0 Heart: -1 Mind: +1 Spirit: +2 | Mortality 0, Night 0, Power 1, Wild 1
Harm 1/5 | Corruption 0/5

"Motherfucker." Olivia returned to consciousness feeling as though her head had been run through a gravel mixer, and looking down at her aching hand and the ten side die in her pocket, she probably would've preferred that to what was actually happening. Automatically, she cradled the die in her hand, and with the other grabbed three cards off the floor. Her deck had been scattered during the fight, but whatever circumstances she found herself in, there were always a few cards close at hand, and somehow they were always the relevant ones.

After her brief reading, she heard the argument from the kitchen. She was surprised to hear Murphy threatening Felix, apparently on her behalf, and it spurred her to action - partly to stop things from escalating further, and partly because Murphy owed her, and Olivia didn't want her paying back the favour that quickly. She clomped into the kitchen and slammed the die onto the table. "Here, take your die back. I didn't intend to keep it, I just wanted to avoid us getting eaten by a demon."


Green Bean - Today at 8:53 PM
/r 2d6+2 #psychometry
SidekickBOT - Today at 8:53 PM
@Green Bean: 2d6+2 psychometry = (4+6)+2 = 12

Asking:
- What is the history of this object?
- What bans, wards, or limits are attached to this object?
- What secrets or mysteries has this object been privy to?

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Arguing about anime since 99


Ivy glares at Sal and then looks at Shin-hye, who is still shaking his head. After seeing the agreement between the two the tension in her shoulders relaxes and she motions the crimson moons to stand down. The crimson moon with the golf club tires to pull his golf club down from Sal's grasp but Sal keeps a grip on it and slowly stares down the gang member.

Ivy sighs and agrees to Sals promise. She lets out a large huff and says

"Allright, I agree but I'm tagging along" She turns around and touches Shin-hyes bruised face "I can't let you alone for a second can I?"

The way she says it leaves little for argument. Ed shrugs his should and says "This way please, the administrator would love to see you now"

Just as he turns around a lone cop swings out her guns and starts yelling at everyone to drop their weapons. The Crimon wolf gang tries to scatter but at a mention of a SWAT team they stop and stand still.

ED sighs and rubs his forehead and speaks with a heavy boston accent

"Officer, do you want to get in on this too? We meeting with copperstone right now. Im sure Miss Copperstone would love to talk about pressing charges"

What do you do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Blood +2 | Heart +1 | Mind +0 | Spirit -1 || Mortality +2 | Night +1 | Power -1 | Wild +0
Harm:(electrical burns) |☒ (bruised and battered) ☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☒☐☐☐☐ || Location: Injection Site

I put up a tough front while Ivy fusses over me, but I'm not gonna lie: I'm drat glad that Ivy bailed me out like that. Still... If anything happens to her, I'm gonna lose my poo poo like this city wouldn't even believe. I shoot a look over at Sal, "Alright, kid, we'll do it your way. Nice and easy. 'Course, if this goes to poo poo..." I let that hang for a moment, but, before I can finish, Officer Kelly 'I have a fuckin' death wish like you wouldn't believe' James shows up to throw her weight around. Christ. Like this situation couldn't get any more completely hosed.

I sigh, "Kells, do you even have the smallest fuckin' idea whose toes you're steppin' on right now? Here's a hint: It ain't the kind that wants law attention. poo poo. I've dragged your rear end outta the fire once already today, don't expect a repeat. Y'dig?"

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply