Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Post
  • Reply
thelazyblank
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!



Blood -1, Heart 1, Mind 1, Spirit 1 | Mortality 1, Night 0, Power 1, Wild 0
Harm 0 00 00 | Corruption XX000

Well, that's one question answered and another half-dozen I should probably write down. I pull the fang out of the inside of my jacket, holding it in my hand for a moment before trying anything else. The bird is most likely the problem here, but the wolf could be too. "Wolf's part of that problem the spirits have been having. What the bird has to do with this, I have no idea. Shouldn't we be grabbing the book and running at this point?"

Isabella's got something up her drat sleeve, or she's actually expecting someone else was doing the heavy lifting all along. Still, time to check to see what the hell the connection between all this is. Also, hope to not blow ourselves into many different pieces. With all this stupid binding bullshit being weakened for just half a second, I can finally focus again.

OOC posted:

@Alanna (TLB): 2d6+1 Letting It Out Again = (6+3)+1 = 10
Extending Senses to check the connection between this book and everything else going on in the room, no corruption.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

He presumably spends
his time traveling the world, annihilating any rapper foolish enough to challenge him



Blood: 2 Heart: 1 Mind: -2 Spirit: 1 | Mortality: -2 Night: 1 Power: 1 Wild: 2
Harm: X | ▢▢ | ▢▢ | Corruption: X▢▢▢▢
Tags: Light Harm: (right) hand with a hole, Ghost-Transforming [Controlled by Copperstone's Talisman]

"Yeah, yeah, we all know you're big, tough, and mean, Shin-Hye." I hop down from the car's hood, twirling my new golf club. I wouldn't expect Shin-Hye to go into a situation without planning how to fight back out; probably why we get along, if'm being honest. But as long as Ivy and Shin-Hye keep their cool, and Copperstone's not too pissed about extra compan-

I'm interrupted by... Kelly? Fuckin' hell, it's just a pile-up of people I know making themselves pains in my rear end in this parking lot. Guess it's at least a proper Canada Day; celebrate your dumb fuckin' neighbors and the community of idiocy they create! I've got half a mind to try and chuck the golf club at her, but - and I hope this is the only time I will ever say this - fortunately Ed's got a cooler head, so I just drop it instead as he invites her along as well. I smile, but I don't bother to hide the annoyance in it. "Hiya, Kelly."

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Arguing about anime since 99


Ed lets out a huge sigh of relief as everyone nods and agrees to come see the administrator. He motions for whats left of Copperstone's security force to clean up the mess. The security guards look at Shin-Hye and Ive with loathing but pick up their fallen comrades and start calling the cleaners. Civilians are conned into giving false reports to Copperstone's guards and some are bribed (or intimiated) to forget what they have seen.

You enter the white doors of the De-Luca injection site and are ushered into the private hallways. A few twists and turns later you find yourself standing down a large white hallway where armored security guards lie in wait at a security checkpoint. Ed motions you forward and stops you at the security check point. He pats you down, takes your weapons and puts them into a plastic bin

MC posted:

Any weapon not listed as conceabile is taken
You can roll keep your cool (or cash in a debt with Ed) if you want to keep your weapons

Ed nods and points to the door and takes his place with the other security guards, asking for a pack of ice for his noise. You walk down the hallway and see a large oak door with the nameplate “Copperstone”. Before you can knock it opens up to show Copperstone's office. Copperstone is at the side of her desk kicking a large rolled up carpet down a vent, you catch the last glimps of the red soaked carpet roll before it goes plummeting down towards the basement. She looks at Shin-Hye, Ivy, Kelly and then Sal.

“Sal.. Do you know the definition of “Troubleshooter”.. I thought I told you to shoot the trouble not bring more of it here!”

She sits down at her desk and motions for the four of you to take seats. The area around her desk hums with a redish haze separating you and her between a screen of power. Copperstone looks at the four of you and lets out a large sigh. Just as she is about to speak a security guard politely knocks and brings in a wheel chair with balloons on it saying “Get better Shin-Hye” Copperstone glares.

“We don't need that because someone seems to generate trouble instead of shooting i-. Actually keep it we might need it for later. I swear this contract has a been a pain in the rear end! If having the latest "over achieving vampire" and his girlfriend sniffing around wasn't enough now I have the cops here.... Speaking of which Miss James I may need to press charges of trespassing and battery later.. Depending on how the conversation goes” Copperstone glares at Shin-Hye. “So how can I help all of you get the gently caress out of my life and this area?”

What do you do?



You open up your magic third eye and see the tethers of magic in the room. The whole room is anchored around that one point in the center of the dias, the pentagram that is protecting the book. Every strand of magic in the room overlaps and forms a large circular twine ball around the book with the pentagram being the tethering point. The pentagram does two things, first it holds the book in place and protects it from the outside. It also protects the outside from the book. The book pulses a purplish/black sticky ichor that the twine ball keeps in place. Isabella is slowly unwinding the twine ball and if she should slip up, the whole thing will unravel and result in an expulsion of magic (the explosive kind). Her face is strained as she gathers up the magic in her hands and unravels it.

You take a look at the wolf uptop and see it pulsing weird purplish ichor that the book is pulsing. You take a look at the thorn and see it pulsing at the same time as the wolf and the book.

A large screech from the only entrance to the dias room makes you turn your head and you sense the large bird like creature you faced with sal rampaging down the hallway. Given the way the creature acts you feel like its some kind of protector of this place or something more.. menacing. You groan as you figure you only have a few moments to act before it gets here. As you cast your eyes over the entrance way you spy the demons who are pulsing with the same black ichor that is coming from the book. And they are right behind Isabella....

MC posted:

The thorn you have is very very loosely connected to the book

What do you do?


Elmestrix was sent back in time to fight Isabella by Olivia the Dark Queen but he lost. Isabella bound the demon to the die by blood (So blood must be given/shed in order to break the bond). The wizards cast the die into the sea but felix recovered it. The oracle foretold and wanred the wizards


As the die rolls towards Felix it pauses as if pulled back by an invisible force. The die twists and turns and rolls back into your hand, which seems frozen to the ground. The die lands back in your hand and a vision slams into your head

You see a figure dressed in red fighting Elmestrix in an abandoned warehouse that is lit on fire. The figure raises her hands and summons the flames around her, her red dress and scarf unaffected by the fire, and slams them into Elmestrix. As the demon struggles against the flames the lady in red frantically looks around, yelling at her companions at something you can't hear. An older women wearing a rose insignia cloak digs into her spellbag but looks up at her a frustrated and hopeless look in her eye. A small man rushes towards her, in his hand a single die and puts it into her hand. Just as he hands off the dice he looks up in fear and pushes her out of the way of falling debris and is crushed. The lady in red screams as blood splatters the ground and it is as if her rage fuels the fire. The fire rages up and starts to consume the rafters and the roof. Elmestrix takes a step towards her and is blasted as a torrent of fire consumes his body. The lady in red summons blood in her hands and around the warehouse large letters forming a circle start to form. The circle completes and it says “ISABELLA THE RED” and isabella tosses the die into the circle. The die starts to suck in the fire, the smoke and the debris. Elmestrix lets out a large yell as he too is sucked into the die. Isabella the red lets out a sob as she looks at the large stone where the small man lies broken. The older women with the rose insignia cloak picks up the die and puts it into her bag.

A large hand slap from Murphy rouses you from your vision. Murphy is angrily looking at Felix with small embers and smoke emerging from her eyes. She says something about debts and how Felix is dishonouring them. You shake your head and mumble out “Here, take your die back. I didn't intend to keep it, I just wanted to avoid us getting eaten by a demon." and toss the dice. Just like last time the die rolls towards felix and then back towards transfixed hand...

Another vision, this time your in a large penthouse complex looking out on a vancouver night. Night has visited vancouver with a sweet sweet black song enhancing the mood. The skyline is currently on fire and setting a nice hue to the starless sky. As a large sky scrapper topples and enters the fire that is consuming the lower areas of vancouver a lady enters the scene. She is wearing a black vest with a large hole where the left breast would be. The garment doesn't reveal anything of the lady for where the breast would be there is nothing but a large hollowed out hole. The figure turns to regard Elmestrix, who is currently bowing, and as she turns you see your own face. The other you lower's her head down to Elmestrix and whispers something and Elmestrix nods. A die appears in the other olivias hand and Elmestrix screams as he is consumed by fire and is sucked into the die.

The table overflipping and hitting you in the head startles you out of your vision. Murphy stands over the fallen table grabbing Felix by the throat and is rummaging around in her picnic basket..



MC posted:

- What is the history of this object?
Isabella the red bound Elmestrix to the die during a fight
- What bans, wards, or limits are attached to this object?
Isabella used blood magic to bind Elmstrix to the die. Also the die is now bound to you and cannot be removed from your person
- What secrets or mysteries has this object been privy to?
The die was sent back in time by Olivia the Dark Queen in order to ensure her reign

What do you do?

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

He presumably spends
his time traveling the world, annihilating any rapper foolish enough to challenge him


Exmond posted:

You enter the white doors of the De-Luca injection site and are ushered into the private hallways. A few twists and turns later you find yourself standing down a large white hallway where armored security guards lie in wait at a security checkpoint. Ed motions you forward and stops you at the security check point. He pats you down, takes your weapons and puts them into a plastic bin

"Yeah, yeah, big guy." I flip my gun around to hand over before Ed gets to patting me down. "I know the drill. Let's not get more familiar than I think either of us want." I raise an eyebrow, and, after a momentary pause, Ed grumbles a "Yeah," and takes the revolver. "Try not to lose my bullets," I say, as he moves on. Raven caws.


Blood: 2 Heart: 1 Mind: -2 Spirit: 1 | Mortality: -2 Night: 1 Power: 1 Wild: 2
Harm: X | ▢▢ | ▢▢ | Corruption: X▢▢▢▢
Tags: Light Harm: (right) hand with a hole, Ghost-Transforming [Controlled by Copperstone's Talisman]

"Aww, I'm sorry, boss." I circle around to a seat with an exaggeratedly apologetic bow to Copperstone. "I could still go shoot up the parking lot if you want. Pile up some bodies in front of one of your properties. I'm sure it'll be less of a pain to cover up." I can't stop myself from flashin' a real poo poo-eatin' grin, but I drop it as I sit down and shrug. "Situation changed. Shin-Hye was already down when I got there, and then suddenly way more people showed up. Big difference between kneecappin' one person and draggin' 'em in, and fightin' a whole van of werewolves. Talking seemed like the smarter move." And, y'know, it's just convenient that overlapped with me really not wanting to fight Ivy. "You wanted Shin-Hye, you got Shin-Hye. What difference does it make whether there's bullet holes in 'em?"

I snort as the wheelchair rolls in. "Okay, now I see the difference," I mutter under my breath.

RandallODim fucked around with this message at Aug 23, 2017 around 06:43

Green Bean
May 3, 2009



Blood: 0 Heart: -1 Mind: +1 Spirit: +2 | Mortality 0, Night 0, Power 1, Wild 1
Harm 1/5 | Corruption 1/5

Olivia shoots to her feet abruptly as she notices Murphy going through her picnic basket. "I'm fine, really. No need for...whatever you're going to try and do. And for the love of god, put Felix down, okay? This is his place...and when the hell did you get a picnic basket?"

She hauls the table back upright and pulls seats for herself, Felix, and Murphy. "It looks like the die is bound to me...and that the die is from the future. Which, well, I guess now we all know time travel is a thing that exists. Jesus. I need answers, and I think I know who has them." She grabbed her scattered cards and set them down in a pile on the table as she got her thoughts in order. Logically, if this...future Olivia was her, then she'd be able to do what present-day could do. So if present day Olivia could read the history of objects, so could this 'Dark Queen'. And if she was going to send an object to herself back in time as part of some sort of insane temporal loop, the first thing she'd do is read its past to see when she picked it up. Therefore, Olivia could safely assume the Dark Queen was watching. She drew a card and got the Seven of Pentacles, and the sense that someone was watching. She took that as a positive sign.

"All right Murphy, I'm going to spend the next few minutes talking to myself. Please don't interrupt, I'm trying to get some context." She drew another card and set it face down in front of her, then looked vaguely into the air. "Okay, I know you're watching us. I just want to chat; I know we've got at least one shared interest in this situation."

Olivia flipped a card to predict what she would say, however far this was in the future.

Green Bean - Today at 5:09 PM
/r 2d6+2 #let it out
SidekickBOT - Today at 5:09 PM
@Green Bean: 2d6+2 let it out = (1+6)+2 = 9


Green Bean - Today at 5:10 PM
/r 2d6+1 #figuring someone out
SidekickBOT - Today at 5:10 PM
@Green Bean: 2d6+1 figuring someone out = (4+5)+1 = 10

• What’s your character hoping to get from me?
• What does your character worry might happen?
• How could I put your character in my Debt?

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010



Blood: -1 Heart: 1 Mind: 2 Spirit: 0| Mortality 1, Night 0, Power 1,Wild 0
Harm 0/5 | Corruption 0/5

I can't believe that actually worked. Not that I think a swat team would have done much good mind you but it stopped the ongoing brawl outside and prevented any more innocent people from getting hurt which certainly counts as a win in my book. I of course ignore what Shin has to say there isn't anyone who is going to stop me from enforcing the law no matter how powerful they think they are. I glared at the bodyguard as he patted the others down as if challenging him to make an issue of it. "You aren't getting my weapon" I added conversationally as I stared him down. I could see he looked unhappy. "Ok, fine." I added and as a gesture of good will I reached for my gun and watched as the guards tensed. Oops probably should have thought that one through a little better. I ejected the magazine and pocketed it separately from my gun, "That good enough for you?" I asked as I followed in his wake.

Mrs Copperstone stared down at all three of us from behind a desk that probably cost more than I made in ten years. I was playing with the big boys here again and it probably wasn't a good idea to push my luck too much. "I'd be happy to discuss any charges you might wish to file of course but right now I'm here on my own enquiries. I'm looking for an individual that my sources tell me-" Best not reveal exactly what those sources were "is currently in your employ. Peter of the Many Shields he's wanted in connection with a spate of child kidnappings and I'm sure as an upstanding citizen like yourself would happily assist me given the serious nature of the crime." I watched her closely gauging her reaction to the name....

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Blood +2 | Heart +1 | Mind +0 | Spirit -1 || Mortality +2 | Night +1 | Power -1 | Wild +0
Harm:(electrical burns) |☒ (bruised and battered) ☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☒☐☐☐☐ || Location: Copperstone's Lair

It ain't my first fuckin' rodeo, that's for drat sure. I've had my fair share of meets with this kind of fancy-pants criminal. So, yeah, her goons pat me down and pocket my gats. Not the greatest look for me takin' off if things get dicey, but there's somethin' I can point to when Copperstone gets her brimstone panties in a twist. For all that she has it in for me, I didn't gun down her flunkies in broad daylight and her punk-rear end ell-tee started this poo poo. Gotta admit, the wheelchair almost brings a smile to my face when they wheel it in. Almost. If I wasn't still contemplatin' how I was gonna eviscerate Fire Ed or whoever the gently caress he thinks he is, that is.

I lean back in the offered chair, Ivy in the chair next to me, and look at Copperstone through her fancy magic shield, "Gonna put this out there, lady, but your boy tazed me first. We all know drat well I coulda gunned all your goons down without breakin' a sweat. Outside of that poor gently caress missin' a face — sorry 'bout that, I'll send a fruit basket or whatever the gently caress — I think you'll find that I showed a fuckin' real lot of discretion for a fight your boys picked." I lazily point at the vent. "Course, I think we'll all find whatever you put in that basement a hell of a lot more interesting to talk about. What with your wizard poo poo causin' vamps around town to go all crazy..."

I let that trail off for a second, then add. "Kells ain't exactly in her jurisdiction here, this ain't a traffic stop, but I got a line to the real magic cops on fuckin' speed dial. Why don't we drop the dick wavin' contest — I'm sure you're packin' some real heat, I'll take your word for it — and make a fuckin' deal. This ain't my scene, I just want whatever it is that's fuckin' with my friends and theirs to get gone."

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 8:33 PM
@Shin-Hye (Tricky): 2d6+1 Shin-Hye turns the vamp mojo to 11! (Persuade Copperstone) = (1+2)+1 = 4

The general jist being that Shin-Hye is promising Copperstone that they will get out of her life and leave her interests alone once she stops doing things that mess with Ivy and the Crimson Moons. Thanks to Irresistable, it's actually a 7-9, but this attracts the attention of one of Shin-Hye's rivals or enemies.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Arguing about anime since 99


Copperstone unfolds her hands starts absently minded tapping on her cellphone while everyone continues to air their grievances. This continues until everyone has finished and she puts down the phone with much gravitas.

“Alright, I have put down my phone and you have my undivided attention for a minute. Let me tell you that this is very rare. First off, Ed, get in here with the security detail and the vampires gun”

Copperstone yells and in a few seconds the big red-headed security guard named Ed appears. He has a wad of bloodied tissues in his suit pocket and his nose has dried crusty blood around it. Behind him one of the riot goons steps in place and has Shin-Hye's guns in his hands. Copperstone motions for the gun and the security guard tosses it to her, the red barrier doing little to stop the gun. She grabs the large gun and before anyone can react she cocks it and shoots Ed and the guard. With each shot Copperstone rises up from her chair and flames start to emit from her eyes. Ed slumps to the ground as one shot hits him in the chest and another in the groin. The guard takes one shot to the chest and barely manages to get his shield up to block the two other shots. Ed slumps to the ground clutching his manhood while the riot goon breathes in scared breaths.

“Sal, consider the job on hold. I still see trouble at my doorstep and it seems to be multiplying at the second.” She whirls over to ShinHhye and smiles“I'll admit, I like your work and your style. And yes, Ed was rather rude, weren't you ED!”

Ed weakly gets up onto the wheel chair, batting away a “Get better Shin-Hye” balloon and lets out his best apologetic moan. Several bullets drop off of his armored chest and pants as if to emphasize his apology. Copperstone opens up her mouth to continue her speech but Kelly coughs, interrupting her. Copperstone turns her head at an inhuman angle, looking more like an owl than a CEO, and glares at Kelly.

“Okay Ms Police officer. I have no idea who Peter of the many Shields is. You can , if you have a warrant, get a list of current patients and see if he is on the list. Or if you can offer me something worth my time I can get someone else to do a search of our records on the low. In fact I have an idea....” Copperstone turns to Shin-Hye


“Now I have been asked to protect this place and not ask questions. But when a known up and coming drug runner comes knocking at our doorsteps trying to get in and gets caught lying. Then he comes back and I find out hes working with loving Ella.. Oh that little wanna be fae warmonger needs to learn some lessons and I have some questions about her I want you to answer. But first I see little shin-hye creeping about and we are dealing with him and then his little drug addict werewolf girlfriend shows up... Not a good loving look for a safe injection site. So unless you want to see if my minions are more bullet proof than you...” Copperstone points the gun at Shin-Hye and Ivy instantly reacts. She flips the chair and stands in front of Copperstone and starts growling.

”MC” posted:

Countdown clock begins, once it hits 4 bad things happen
Ivy has had enough of this poo poo 2/4

Ivy is a mere breath away from the red aura that is between Copperstone and yourselves. Copperstone look her straight in the eye and motions for her to try something. Ivy takes in big breaths, her tanned muscles straining against the tank top she is wearing.

All of a sudden the door is kicked open by a tall slim man wearing a black trench coat , a inverted pentacle necklace and sun glasses (even though the sun has set). Copperstone shoots the gun at him and he meekly grabs the bullet out of thin air and bows a little, his black eyes glimmering as he looks up. He smiles a fangy grin and waltzes up to the chair, swaying his hips more than a hula dancer, steps over the chair and sits down into it. Several security guards rush into the room and start apologizing.

“Miss Copperstone he was authorized and we told him to knock bu-”

“Vampire has to make an entrance and Imthe best vampire around. Whatever Shin-hye Is offering you I'll double it!” The vampire says. He looks around the room with a confident sneer on his face as he attempts to stare down Shin-Hye.

Whatever tension in the room has evaporated and Ivy sits down, a little stunned and confused. Copperstone pops open a large bottle of pills and grabs a handful and shoves them down her throat. Her pupils dilate a little and she starts humming absently minded to herself.

“Alright.. gently caress this place” Copperstone announces “Shin-Hye, you tell me every little piece of dirt you have on Ella and Ill let you live. Heck if you come back to this place and be discreet you might find a way into the basement with the sheer amount of incompetence around here” Copperstone starts to drift off and stare at the ceiling but the new vampire interrupts her

“Maybe you don't know that your dealing with the leader of the Moonwalkers, obviously my entrance has dazzled all of you” The vampire says “But lemme offer you something here Copperstone. Shin-Hye's been making my life difficult. You take care of him and The moonwalkers, and myself, would be indebted to you and Im a man of.. “ He licks his lips seductively “Many talents”.

Copperstone starts twirling on her chair and throws Shin-Hye's empty gun back to him. She nonchalantly says to Kelly

“Ms Police Officer, can you book Shin-Hye for trespassing, attempted murder and assault and I will get you Peter of Many shields delivered to you with a spit up his rear end if you want.. Unless you have anything else to offer?”


”MC” posted:

Shin-Hye Copperstone alters the deal. Give her ALL the dirt you have on Ella and she will let you go unmolested and if you are QUIET about it, you can investigate the basement in another day or two. Copperstone herself doesn't know much about the basement, you could ask who hired her...
Sal, Copperstone doesn't consider the job done.. The job is more on hold. Im sure she has plans to make sure Shin-Hye keeps things quiet and those plans involve you.
Kelly, Copperstone doesn't know who Peter of Many Shields is but she offers a deal. She will go through her records and find out if he's here and deliver him to you If you arrest shin-hye. Do you have anything else you can offer her (She doesn't like Ella for some reason).

The end of the session is coming up, asks your questions and make some deals!

What do you do?





The die rests in your hand and you unconsciously start to fiddle with it with your hands. You lay down cards and with each card laid on the floor a pressure starts to build up inside your head. As you lay down the tower card you look up and find yourself looking in a mirror. The person is the mirror isn't you, the big hole in her chest just the start of whats different about her, but she has your face and she smiles.

“Well... I didn't think this would work” Dark Queen Olivia says to herself. In her hand is the die which she rolls around in her hand and you mimic the motion. The mirror shows her in an empty hall sitting on a large ornate black throne made out of glass. Behind her is a view of Vancouver, its skyline lit on fire, the only thing giving light to the dark sky.

“You have drank the wine right? Things wouldn't be able to proceed if you hadn't.” Dark Queen Olivia raises a wine glass in mock salute and takes sip from it. She ponders to herself as she flips over some cards and starts talking again “So if I remember things correctly you should be at Felix's place? Make sure to not get killed the fae, they will be coming after us. Don't worry though, I've dealt with them now. If you need a place to escape from the Fae, ask Alanna. She's always been so helpful to me in the past.” She turns the mirror slightly and you see the head of a fae with ivory horns mounted on the wall. “They won't be troubling anyone anymore.”

Just as she is about to speak you see a figure in the mirror. The expression on your face must give you away because Dark Queen Olivia looks annoyed, almost enraged. She smiles a cruel black smile and motions the figure forward.

“Sal... What have I told you about interrupting me...” She says as the figure emerges from the shadows. An older looking women, someone you barely recognize as Sal, steps forward into the light. Haggard and breathing heavily Sal looks at Olivia with disgust.

“I'm sorry my queen but we haven't been able to find Kelly. The resistance continues to gr-”

With no hesitation at all the queen thrusts her hand into Sal's chest and goes right through it. Sal lets out an audible gasp and futilely grasp onto Olivia's hand. Olivia snarls and Sal lets out a scream as her eyes start to smoke. A second later a wet poppy explosion emits out of Sal's chest and fire emits from the hole where Sals heart used to be.

Olivia turns to the mirror as Sal collapses to the ground, her body lighting on fire.

“Ahh I can barely remember the time when I was so powerless to do anything... Oh sal... Such a pain in the rear end... If you could kill De-Luca that would be great past me. It would get rid of Sal's annoying ability to come back from the dead... Tell me has Murphy killed felix yet?“

You cough as the acrid smoke ruminating from Sal's body fills the room. You continue to cough as the smoke fills the hallway and you knock the cards down. You look up and see yourself in Felix's kitchen the area full of smoke. A snarling Murphy, fire in her eyes and smoke rolling down her leather jacket, has Felix by the throat. Large dark wings emerge from Murphy's back, the wings partially made of smoke. Large claws has Felix by the throat and Felix has a small broken wand in his hands. The scene would be intimidating if Demon-Murphy wasn't rummaging through a picnic basket.

“Alright you loving worm honor your god drat debts!” Murphy says as she brings out a small blue vial from the picnic basket and pours it over Felix. Felix screams as he gets smaller and smaller and starts sprouting extra arms. In a few seconds where Felix was now stands a large blue caterpillar that Murphy stuffs into a tupperware container.

She glares at you as you recover from the smoke and motions for the door. The kitchen is already slowly lighting on fire. Murphy checks her watch and snarls as she picks you up.

“Let's go. I was due in the sewers about an hour ago. You can either follow me or we can drop you off some place safe”


'”MC” posted:

• What’s your character hoping to get from me?
Continue down your path and become the dark queen. Embrace the power the dark queen has and make your mark on the world.
• What does your character worry might happen?
Olivia doesn't drink the wine and doesn't bind the dice to her. The Fae Kills olivia before she can rise to power
• How could I put your character in my Debt?
Kill De-luca and prevent Sal from coming back from the dead

Olivia your session is coming to an end. Your end of session move will be how you evade/protect yourself from the Fae.

What do you do?

Exmond fucked around with this message at Aug 26, 2017 around 16:43

thelazyblank
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!



Blood -1, Heart 1, Mind 1, Spirit 1 | Mortality 1, Night 0, Power 1, Wild 0
Harm 0 00 00 | Corruption XX000

I sigh. I sigh really loudly. We got sold out by the demons to the book? Or whatever's going on here. At the point, I don't care. Maybe they want her to remove the book so they can get more power from the book, maybe they wanted a sacrifice. But they appear to still be coherent, which means they may not want to get blown up. Then again, maybe that was the whole point and they'll get brought back. I lower my voice so that only Isabella would hear me, as much as humanly possible at the moment.

"Hey, Red. I'm telling you this calmly because I know that if you get too shaken up, you're going to blow us all to hell. The demons you hired appear to be working for the book. Or whatever's in the book. It's also part of what's causing the spirits to die in the sewer. I don't know if they'll keep you safe while the security monster comes here. Plus, I have no idea who, other than the two of us, will die in a permanent sense if this explodes. So, time for some nervous negotiations."

I pull out my handgun from my jacket. Sure, this isn't going to do much to the demons, but it should be able to set off the security and should make a good escalation of force. I raise my voice, looking over at the demons.

"Don't we have a security system to make sure it doesn't kill us? You want the book, right?"

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

He presumably spends
his time traveling the world, annihilating any rapper foolish enough to challenge him



Blood: 2 Heart: 1 Mind: -2 Spirit: 1 | Mortality: -2 Night: 1 Power: 1 Wild: 2
Harm: X | ▢▢ | ▢▢ | Corruption: X▢▢▢▢
Tags: Light Harm: (right) hand with a hole, Ghost-Transforming [Controlled by Copperstone's Talisman]

I jump a little as Copperstone suddenly shoots Ed and his goon. The boss lady doesn't usually go straight to 'flaming demon eyes'-level loud like that, so, yeah, it's a shock. gently caress you, I'm allowed to be surprised, I'm dead, not comatose. And if she's suddenly shooting her own loyal people, well, what's that say for me as back-talking freelancer? I manage a relatively composed "Yeah, sure..." when Copperstone mentions putting the job on hold, but everything else kinda fades as I glance behind my chair to watch Ed climb into the wheelchair. I'm sure it'd be funnier if I wasn't as freaked out by Copperstone's little display, but as things are, I can't help but feel a little bad for the big idiot. I mean, not much - I did try to blow him up that one time, and I doubt a few bullets would keep him down long even without his armor - but, y'know, there's a small twinge of pity. Poor stupid Ed.

And then I have other things to worry about because Ivy's throwing chairs and that's not good but at least I'm focused again. I tense in my chair, getting ready to tackle Ivy if it comes to it, which, considering Copperstone's in a 'shooting people' mood, it very well might. And then the door's booted open and I jump in my seat and snap around again, poised to lunge at whatever new gatecrasher has come to poo poo further on my day. Come on fucker, just give me-

quote:

SidekickBOT - Last Saturday at 12:59 PM
@Sal (Randall): 2d6+2 Do I Know This Jackass = (5+4)+1 = 10
Exmond - Last Saturday at 3:07 PM
You definetly know hes Aatma Sidhu leader of the Moonwalkers
Ill let you come up wtih ONE OF HIS SUPER DUPER SECRETS
since you got an 11+ on the roll
Just.. don't make the secret be like "He's vulnerable to bullets"

Aatma. Head of the Moonwalkers. Alexi's boss. And he's right here, right in front of me, and I can't do jack loving poo poo, because I doubt pistolwhipping the smirk off his pale loving face and dragging him off for 'questioning' would go over too well with the current vibe. And it's not like the parasite gently caress shows his face just anywhere, so he must be confident he'll be kept safe here, so I can't touch him as long as Copperstone's around. loving great. Best loving lead I've had on the loving bastard who loving shot me lands in my loving lap and I have to sit on my hands and make loving nice. Unless...

I take my phone out as Aatma keeps talking - loving prick won't notice poo poo while he's rattling on about being the coolest vamp around, and it's not like Copperstone'll give a poo poo with whatever she just popped - and send a text to Shin-Hye as quickly and quietly as I can.

@Shin-Hye posted:

change 2 plans goin 4 aatma 2nite

With that, I slip my phone back in my pocket and try to look as interested as I can in whatever bullshit everyone is on about at this point. I've got bigger things to care about now.

RandallODim fucked around with this message at Aug 29, 2017 around 03:07

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010



Blood: -1 Heart: 1 Mind: 2 Spirit: 0| Mortality 1, Night 0, Power 1,Wild 0
Harm 0/5 | Corruption 0/5

Well that was interesting. In fact interesting might be oh, I dunno a million percent understatement. I'd always thought Copperstone was dangerous but I thought that was just because of how politically connected she was not because she's.... whatever the hell she is.Still if she could hand over Peter, and I had no reason to doubt she couldn't with her resources it could blow this case wide open. And all it would cost me would be Shin Hye going to jail. Hell it'd be cheap at twice the price. I turned opening my mouth to tell Shin Hye they were under arrest.


And then that's where he came in it might have been one hell of an entrance. You know if Fangy over there hadn't been such an obvious moron . I wonder if there was some sort of Bloodsuckers 101 class for new vampires. Here's your fangs, here's your blood bag, here's your unlifetimes subscription to Assholes Monthly. Because between him and Shin Hye I was starting to notice a distinct pattern in the vampires of this city. I guess they couldn't all be classy types or sparkly but come on I expected better than this. Even his flirtation was pathetic, I mean who did this guy think he was anyway? I tried to think. Moonwalkers, I'd heard that name before from somewhere and I don't think it was from a Michael Jackson album although come to think of it that might explain where he got the name from.

@Kelly James (Ferrosol): 2d6 putting a name to a face for vamp rear end in a top hat = (4+3) = 7

But that wasn't really any of my business I smiled as I looked back to Shin Hye "Shin Hye you're under arrest for the crimes of Tresspassing, Attempted Murder and Assault You do not have to say anything unless you wish to do so. You have nothing to hope from any promise of favour and nothing to fear from any threat whether or not you say anything. Anything you say may be used as evidence. Do you understand?" I'd wanted to do this for a long time. Shin Hye was certainly guilty of all that and more and it was about time they got what was coming to them. I couldn't think of a more deserving person.

"Now are you going to come quietly or not?" I asked.

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at Aug 28, 2017 around 22:16

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Blood +2 | Heart +1 | Mind +0 | Spirit -1 || Mortality +2 | Night +1 | Power -1 | Wild +0
Harm:(electrical burns) |☒ (bruised and battered) ☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☒☐☐☐☐ || Location: Copperstone's Lair

Well now. Copperstone is all over the place. She wants info on Ella — and believe me, I know poo poo that would make Copperstone's brain fuckin' explode with how good it is — and she wants me behind bars. Not really a great strategy for makin' me talk, yeah? I say to Copperstone, "I ain't against makin' a deal like that, but it seems like y'already know how much she does for me. You offerin' to take her spot, lady?"

Alright, fine, some of those charges are legit. Not like they're gonna stick, not with my contacts with Vancouver's Finest bein' what they are right now, but I can't really afford to spend the night in lock up given how busy it promises to be... And Ivy'd probably fuckin' tear Kelly in half when she tried to put me in the car. Now, don't get me wrong, 'bout half of me wouldn't mind getting the world's fuckin' biggest idiot outta my life, but... I mean, what good's a favor or two if they ain't around for ya to cash it in? Whether she likes me or not, she owes me a fuckin' ton.

God, and of course Aatma had to crash things. This prick makes me see red erry time he Kramers inta my life. I check my phone real quick and smile. Sal's got business with him, huh. You know, I bet I could... Oh, Shin-Hye, you're a fuckin' mastermind. This is like so many birds linin' up to get stoned. Or whatever the gently caress the sayin' is. I stand and put a hand on Ivy's shoulder, she's up and flailing a chair like she's gonna break it over Kelly's head, and say, "Aw, Kelly, you know I'm gonna go quiet. Of course, what with all the rear end-savin' I've had to do for ya lately, it really wouldn't surprise me if you accidentally nabbed that rear end in a top hat instead. All vamps look alike, right?"

Calling in a debt! Asking the medium favor of Kelly arresting Aatma in Shin-Hye's place!

As I wait for Kelly's reaction and rub the hell outta Ivy's shoulder, I take a moment to murmur in her ear, "Don't worry, Ivy, they've all got an angle, but so do I. Let's keep it all smiles, yeah? Time and a place to rip and tear. Hopefully, it won't come to that tonight."

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Arguing about anime since 99

"Everyone at copperstone's office' posted:



Copperstone continues to spin her chair around and look up at the ceiling. After a few moments of listening to conversation she sighs, her eyes popping back into focus, and starts to float down from the high. After taking a drink of.. something.. from her glass she sighs and snaps her fingers and starts talking.

“Okay.. Today has been... A bad day. It was supposed to be a quiet day, not having werewolves with old cars smash into my employees. Then having the loving Oracle Lady Glenrose reading your every moment to make life difficult” Coppestone drums her fingers on the oak desk and points at Shin-Hye

“Shin-Hye, lets forget this whole day happened and I'll let you do your discreet investigations. Be discreet! No explosions, no loud noises, no undue attention. Also like the job offer request. Let me get back to you on that”

Copperstone winks her eyes at Shin-Hye and then she points at Ed, who is breathing in deep breaths and is slumped against the wheelchair.

“Ed next time we will be a little less “Pew pew” and a little more “offer you can't refuse” right? Let's take this experience as a learning experience and not a “Career limiting move” experience”

Ed nods painfully as he stretches out his groin.

Copperstone points at Kelly and Aatma

“I really don't care who gets arrested as long as this mess never happens again. As per our security arrangement with the city we need to provide footage and an official report. I'll let you figure out how to make those link up with.. All of this” Copperstone waves her hands to encompass Aatma. Aatma lets out a sly smile and grins at Kelly.

“Well Officer, you gonna show me how the VPD really operate? Taking bribes and doing deals with vampires? Heard you were better than that, heard you did the right thing.”

After aatma finishes Copperstone rolls her eyes and stares at Sal. “Sal, im pretty sure this whole mess has caused a bunch of trouble. Come back once your done and I'll have a few jobs for you”

Finally Copperstone stares at Ivy her eyes having a blank stare.

“Ivy I have some professional advice. Stay far away from Murphy and for goodness sake stop dealing Ella's drugs to kids. I don't think the Crimson Moons can take another Elminster High debacle?”

Ivy was midway through getting up off her chair when copperstone mentions the privately owned highschool. Ivy stops midway and sits back down glowering at Copperstone.


COPPERSTONE DEALS posted:

Copperstone offers the following to Shin-Hye, super sexy corporate ladder climber!
    Release Copperstone from her debt (She had a bad day she didn't mean it! Ed is really sorry)
    Investigate the basement DISCREETLY and tell me what's in it (Seriously its a super drag)
    Officialy I can't help you into the basement but If i unofficialy told you how to get there, well, that wouldn't be breaking any rules would it?
Copperstone offers the following to Kelly, BadAss Cop and pain in my rear end
    Arrest anyone , please get out of my life
    Peter of Many shields will be found and delivered to you. Would you prefer his head on a silver platter or attached to his body?
What do you do?




You can feel Isabella's shock waver her concentration and she almost looses control of her magic. You freeze up ready for your world to literally explode but Isabella manages to regain control.

The smaller demon raises his hand and motions for the bigger porcupine bodybuilder demon to go down the hallway. As the other demon takes a guard position by the hallway the smaller demon walks towards the edge of the room towards you.

“Need...a..bit..more...time” Isabella's strained voice echoes through your

”MC” posted:

Isabella is gonna need 2 “actions” to take down the security around the book

The smaller demon stops a few steps away from you and waves his hands as he converses, almost as if leading an orchestra.

“You know shes using you don't you. She hasn't told you but the wizards know nothing of this... She's acting on her own... Looking for more power..”

The demon continues to speak as the ferocious sounds of battle start to come from the hallway. The other demon standing guard by the hall quizzically looks into the hallway and rushes off to help. That leaves just you and the leader of the demons.

“We haven't made introductions.. My name is Mishkini and I would want to know why you are here. You have no obligation to the Red mage. She is here to simply steal the book and leave you to deal with us. Let us make a deal, safety for safety? We will leave you alone if you leave us alone.”

A large road is heard and you can see one of the demons, the bigger porcupine bodybuilder one, holding back a large black mass that floats out like smoke from entering the hallway. A large birdlike face whirls in the smoke and snaps at him with its beak, but the demon manages to back hand the beak.

The smaller demon stretches out a hand to offer to Alanna and smiles convincingly, nodding its head in approval and in complete obliviousness to the oncoming threat.

What do you do?

Exmond fucked around with this message at Aug 31, 2017 around 06:51

Green Bean
May 3, 2009



Blood: 0 Heart: -1 Mind: +1 Spirit: +2 | Mortality 0, Night 0, Power 1, Wild 1
Harm 1/5 | Corruption 1/5

Olivia brushed herself off hurriedly, freaked out about her 'conversation' with her future self but entirely willing to sublimate it into irritation at here general circumstances and Murphy in particular. She glanced around for a fire extinguisher, but when she saw the fire was spreading the from the thoroughly engulfed collection room, she thought better of it/ "So how many homes are you going to destroy today?" Of course, not being a super-resilient demon, Olivia inhaled some smoke and started hacking as she immediately thinks better of further conversation. She made for the door and pulled the fire alarm in the hallway, then dragged Murphy down the stairs as it began to fill with confused residents.

When they finally get out into open and fresh air, Olivia pulled Murphy into a nearby alley where they could have a quiet conversation. "Okay, you know what? Before this goes any further, I'm getting the whole story - you, Felix, those Fae, everything. Nothing held back, and do not try to lie, because a) you owe me for reading that bottle in the first place, b) two because I am a literal loving psychic. And then we are going to those sewers because right now I am not letting you out of my sight." Admittedly, part of that was because she was carrying around a demon that was bound to her will to an ambiguous degree, and thanks to her visions she knew that if it came down to it, Murphy could take out Elmestrix. But Olivia definitely wasn't going to admit that out loud.

Calling in a Debt with Murphy to make her "Answer a question honestly about their Faction" and tell me what exactly happened back there.

Session End Move:
Olivia learned something meaningful about the Power faction, namely that she's fated to be some sort of Dark Queen. She didn't interact with a ton of Mortals either, so it'll be Power +1, Mortality -1.

Suggested Debts:
Olivia is being hunted by Fae because of the favour she did for Murphy (+1 Debt on Murphy)
Murphy did a serious number on Olivia's car while fighting the Fae; not only is it probably going to take more money than the car's worth to fix, she's going to have to CSI-style scrub it down so it doesn't look like a murder scene. (+1 more Debt on Murphy)

Green Bean fucked around with this message at Sep 1, 2017 around 00:20

thelazyblank
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!



Blood -1, Heart 1, Mind 1, Spirit 1 | Mortality 1, Night 0, Power 1, Wild 0
Harm 0 00 00 | Corruption XX000

"A little late for that, given that you're probably going to tear her in two if we somehow get past this part. Had you not played hardball at the gate with that stupid binding ritual, we might be able to actually talk. She dies, I might as well be dead at that moment. You kill her, I don't imagine any reason not to unleash every bit of metaphorical hell I can on you." I smirk at the demon, holding the pistol up clearly over his shoulder.

"Now, you want your drat book, she doesn't want you to have your drat book, and she can hear everything you say. Have you met a wizard before her? Do you have any idea how any of this works? So, let's keep this simple. Whatever problems you and her have are not my responsibility the moment I'm free from this bullshit I had to do so that this went anywhere. To do that, I need her alive. Now, unless you can pull a wizard's sanctum out of your rear end in the next few minutes, focus on keeping her alive and we might be able to walk out of here all in one piece, all miserable."

I am in a very bad, bad mood. I'm probably going to have to be running here soon. Any help I can get.. The nice thing about my focus being on my wrist is that I can look like I'm aiming my gun at the bird thing who's probably going to kill us all while I do that.

quote:

/r 2d6 #channeling with a -1 due to being a familiar
SidekickBOT - Today at 5:59 PM
@Alanna (TLB): 2d6 channeling with a -1 due to being a familiar = (4+1) = 5
Hold 2, can't channel any more this scene.

This really, really sucks. Batteries are running low, this whole place feels wrong and I'm down here with a wizard who wants to play games with demons. No good dead goes unpunished. Next time, payment up front.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010



Blood: -1 Heart: 1 Mind: 2 Spirit: 0| Mortality 1, Night 0, Power 1,Wild 0
Harm 0/5 | Corruption 0/5

I can't believe this. I'm sitting here with a bunch of criminals watching them casually discuss their crimes and and offer each other tips on how to more successfully break the law. Whatever Copperstone is, and I'm drat near certain it's not human she's a monster. And not in the fangs or claws sense in the dark recesses of her soul or whatever her equivalent thereof may be. I should charge them all, arrest them, see them dragged before a judge and punished for their crimes. I should I should....

But I won't because I'm a coward. A failure. Maybe handing out parking tickets is all I'm good for, I came here in pursuit of justice and where did it lead me? To betray my oath first to Ella and now to this. I may have left a fellow officer to die and for what? to pursue justice for some missing kids. I hadn't even found the guy I was looking for. I was no closer to bringing him to justice than when I started. I still didn't know what was going on or why it was happening. I- I'm not a good cop. I'm almost as bad as they are. But I had to go on. I have to do something to make this city a better place. I have to prove to myself more than anything that I'm making a difference.

"Ok, you win." I turned to Copperstone and sighed. "The VCPD is bought and paid for. They used to say an honest cop is one that said bought. If I can't be lawful I can at least be honest." I turned and unlocked Shin Hye's cuffs. "You're free to go, but next time I might not be so generous so you better scram before I change my mind." I wasn't even angry any more just numb. "As for you" I turned to the other vampire "you're under arrest for lets call it trespassing and threatening behaviour. Bla bla bla you don't have to say anything but if you have something important to say, say it now." as I slammed the cuffs around him. "Please come quietly, you don't want to give me an excuse right now." I added.

Turning back to Copperstone "There vampire problem solved. Now you can hand over Peter, I want him alive. I have questions for him and I need him to be able to answer them." There was one more thing. What was it... Oh yes a promise of sorts I suppose. "I'd like to offer you a gift Mrs Copperstone, for showing me what I needed to see and being so helpful in this matter. See I have reason to believe that Ella will be moving a shipment of drugs through New Westminster soon. Now the police will be unable to intervene for their own reasons but should a third party happen to chance upon one of those drug shipments well you're a smart lady I'm sure you can figure it out. Good day to you."

Also taking Too old for this poo poo One day from Retirement as my advance

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at Sep 3, 2017 around 22:18

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Blood +2 | Heart +1 | Mind +0 | Spirit -1 || Mortality +2 | Night +1 | Power -1 | Wild +0
Harm:(electrical burns) |☒ (bruised and battered) ☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☒☐☐☐☐ || Location: Copperstone's Lair

Marking Mortality for successfully calling in Kelly's debt.

Hell yeah. Nothin' like a dirty cop usin' her grit on someone deservin' for once. I'm in such a good mood that I don't even think I'll clue in Ella on who exactly spilled her secrets. Unless she asks real nicely, I guess, but that's life, ain't it? I look Copperstone in the eyes, shrug, and say, "Aw, what the hell. It's been one of those days, yeah? I'll call it square if you do, lady." I toss a card onto Ed. I woulda tossed it to her directly, but I figure the desk mojo wouldn't like that. It gets stuck in that mop he calls a hairdo. I add, "My number. Should be good for a few more days, but I gotta swap out my burners soon. "

Accepting Copperstone's deal! Marking Wild for, essentially, calling in that debt. Copperstone exits The Web.

I make a note to check up on Elminster High and how exactly the Crimson Moons were all tied up in it. Musta been before my time, but that's not sayin' a lot. A lot of things in the shadows are. I know Ella's not a saint, Ivy neither, but I'm not exactly the fuckin' pope myself. I just have a bottom line and I like to be clued in on this sorta poo poo. Either she'll tell me up front or I'll get word from the street. It don't really matter to me.

I walk across the room, pop my hand on Sal's shoulder, and murmur, "Aight, kid, believe it or not, I just did you a solid there. I got a few connections on the force that should get us in alone with him for a little Q and A. 'Sides, he and his boys have a hot date planned tonight. White hot. The kind it'd be hard to ask him questions after."

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

He presumably spends
his time traveling the world, annihilating any rapper foolish enough to challenge him



Blood: 2 Heart: 1 Mind: -2 Spirit: 1 | Mortality: -2 Night: 1 Power: 1 Wild: 2
Harm: X | ▢▢ | ▢▢ | Corruption: X▢▢▢▢
Tags: Light Harm: (right) hand with a hole, Ghost-Transforming [Controlled by Copperstone's Talisman]

No, no, loving NO, I am not losing my chance, not because some chickenshit worthless cop like Kelly James doesn't have the spine to tell that coward gently caress vamp Shin-Hye to gently caress off pulling rank. gently caress THAT.

I lunge from my chair and catch Aatma by the cuffs, hurling him against the wall next to Ed. I grab Ed's gun as he fumbles to pull it out and pin Aatma by the throat with my forearm. Raven caws and everyone SITS THE gently caress DOWN AND SHUTS THE gently caress UP LIKE THEY loving SHOULD. "WHERE THE gently caress IS ALEXI, YOU loving LEECH" I shout in his face, and before he can answer I blow his knee away. I press the gun to his forehead as he chokes on screams. "You know what they call a group of ravens, you SHI-"

Shin-Hye's hand on my shoulder yanks me back to reality. I unclench my fists. Lucky I'm dead or I'd probably be bleeding from the holes my nails dug. I hear Shin-Hye feed me some line about this actually being a favor and... yeah. Fine. gently caress it. I squeeze out a "yeah, thanks," through gritted teeth and stand up to look them in the eye. "Just don't gently caress me on this."

RandallODim fucked around with this message at Sep 4, 2017 around 10:22

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Arguing about anime since 99


Mishkini is about to say something when the hallway explodes in a shower of rubble and blood. Half of the body of a demon emerges from the rubble as black goo twists and twines its way out of the hallway to form a large cylindrical snake. Instead of a snake head lies a large bird head and it grabs the demon’s eviscerated half and with a jerk of its head tosses the body into the hole surrounding the dais platform. The body falls onto the dais floor and its blood coats the floor. Lighting courses over the body and the demon’s blood shifts and pools to form weird musical notes.

Isabella lets out a cry as the pentagram laces lightning at her. She lifts her right hand and catches the lightning. The demon’s blood continues to form more and more musical symbols and the lightning grows. Isabella grimaces in pain but maintains her concentration as yoru hand gets uncomfortably hot. A large sizzingly sound is heard and you see a large red welt form on your hand.

MC posted:

Take 1 damage as the psychic feedback from isabella harms you

A large “POP” is heard and the demon’s body explodes, unable to sustain whatever dark ritual is inlaid into the floor. Its blood sizzles and boils away leaving faint traces of the musical notes.

The bird motions up to grab the wolf that is circling the top of the room and throws it against the dais room, the wolf lets out a large yelp and lightning courses over its body. Large wounds open over its body and thick red blood starts to jet out from the wolf.

The bird lets out a triumphant yell that reverberates through out the dais room. Its large maw opens up as it rushes Isabella. The wizard is about to be consumed when the body builder demon jumps onto its beak and slams it into the ground. Both the bird monster and demon slide towards Isabella, but the porcupine demon rolls into a stop and grapples with the bird monster.

Mishkini lets out a laugh and charges towards the bird monster.

What do you do?

MC posted:

Isabella needs one more action to undue the ritual



Murphy shuffles her feet awkwardly and looks aghast. A few seconds pass as cars drive by and finally the half-demon breaks the silence

“Alright, don’t get angry when I tell you the whole truth. You were part of the job. Copperstone said to give you the wine and then call the three brothers. I didn’t know they were gonna attack you! “ Murphy crosses her arms as if to give herself a reassuring huge “Copperstone was specific but she never said I couldn’t help you out. Once I found out the fae were going ballistic I stayed and protected you”

“Once the fae were taken out, the brothers are a bit weird they need to take the same wounds otherwise they have to injure themselves so they all match. Uggh Larry is gonna be pissed but when you fall out of a window you’d expect a few injuries...”

A car passes by and Olivia pointedly looks at it remembering the state of her current car. Murphy picks up on it and snaps her fingers.

“Err oh yeah your car! I know, I’ll fix the car and it’ll run better than new! Don’t worry I am good at fixing my mistakes! Err not that was a mistake. I mean I could have just left you there… Anyways so the Felix thing. My job is the sewer requires a few components and Felix is one of them..”

Murphy picks up the Tupperware container, its red lid peppered with air holes, and gives it a little shake. The large caterpillar in it lets out a scream and angrily shakes its fist.

“So Felix owes Copperstone, even if he denies it. His daughter won a very exclusive scholarship and owes Copperstone. Since she owes Copperstone, Felix owes Copperstone. So now that loving bookworm has to do one job and that will be that. He just needed some convincing”

Murphy shakes the tupperware container violently and smiles.

“That’s that. I have to go to the sewers to meet up with some wizards and grab a book and fling this bookworm at it. Something about safely getting rid of the artifact otherwise it’ll cause a lot of havoc. This is another one of Copperstone’s jobs”

Crossing her arms murphy looks at you a tired-hesitant look at her eyes

“So that’s all I know. Do you still want my help?”

MC posted:

Olivia, if you trust murphy you are protected from the fae until the start of your next session. Otherwise roll blood
Miss: You narrowly avoid the fae but you are in trouble at the start of the next session. You must be immediately dealing wtih the fae threat
7-10: You have avoided the fae but at cost. The MC will assign debts to a random faction
11+: You have avoided the fae completly and found a temporary workaround to their hunt. Detail what you did to avoid them and your opening starting session roll gets a +1 forward

Murphy offers to fix your car!
Murphy fulfills the Promises are good as Debts
MC agrees that Olivia gains a debt on Murphy (Got her into this mess)
MC proposes murphy gains a debt on Olivia (Murphy protected her and stayed true to her promise)






With a wave of her hand Copperstone motions for all of you to leave her office. Opening the door to her office you see a raven impatiently waiting. The raven is regally drinking from a small silver bowl filled with wine and a silver plate of bird seed is sitting on a table, its contents picked through and found wanting. The raven lets out a large squawk and Copperstone replies

“Yes that took a bit, come in Morrigan we have a lot to discuss about our deal”

The raven hops down from the table and walks past the lot of you, giving a slight nod to Sal and looking down on the rest of you.



True to her word Copperstone delivers Peter of many shields to you. He is waiting in your police car looking drugged out of his mind. Aatma playfully flirts with you while you drive to the precinct and process the two. As you get into the precinct Captain Porter gives you a huge talking down. Turns out Seargeant Goldsmith got shot in a dispute between two drugged up kids, hes in critical condition at the hospital.

Peter explains that “Wizards” did it and mentions something about the children being “processed”. The drug ward runs him through detox and find out he’s on some new drug called “Faery Dreams”. He won’t be much use to you until a few days.

MC posted:

Take a point of corruption for ignoring your mortal duties
Your opening starting session move can be interrogating Peter if you wish



As aatma is being dragged off by kelly you see a small scrap of paper fall from his pants. Kelly doesn't notice as she is letting out her frustration out on the sexy vampire. Picking up the piece of paper you see elegant words hand written on it

Shin-Hye for Alexi, negotations later tonight at Red-Dragon Inn, 20 minutes

DISCORD posted:

SAL - Today at 6:44 PM
Okay so yeah I'm gonna follow the note if just to ask 'how the gently caress do you know me' because Sal doesn't like surprises and people having advantages like that
Not going in with plans to sell out Shin-Hye but, well, corruption can be more than just a tick on a box

You meet up at the Red-Dragon Inn and see Matt , one of the orphans from your past die, looking none the worse to wear. In fact he's still a small awkward kid but this time with fangs. Smiling he unwraps a binder full of notes and lays them down on a table.

"Long-Time no see Sal."

You sit down to one of your friends from y our past life and start negotiating how to betray one of your friends to get at one of your enemies...

MC posted:

Congrats on taking that dark deal. Now roll with Heart, you can also let Matt take a debt to get +1 on this roll since he's knows you from your past life if you wish,

Miss: Negotiations go bad and turn violent. You intimidate Matt into getting the information (whats a few broken bones between friends) but he's definitely gonna squeal (unless you kill him). Alexi knows your coming and is prepared.
7-10: Negotiations get complicated. Matt agrees to give you the information but you gotta give information on Shin-Hye, the kind that will get Shin-Hye and killed.
11+: Negotiations go great, Matt agrees to give you the information and help you murder Alexi, take a promise "Matt promises to help you kill Alexi". You still need to provide information on shin-hye, the kind that will get Shin-Hye killed.





It's been a long night and its going to be even longer. Taking ivy by the hand you go to the bar and start planning your assault. You need muscle and lots of it if your gonna carve out territority.

MC posted:

So far you have aiding your plan:
Police Raid
Ivy

You can owe debts and get assistance with the following people:
Ella
Copperstone
Olivia (PC must say yes)
Kelly (PC must say yes)
Alanna (PC must say yes)


Get a +1 for each advantage you have (Right now you are at a +2)
Miss: The fight for territory goes badly. Ivy's group suffers serious harm
7-10: Gain territory (Tags: +encroachment, +obligations) and ivy's group suffers harm
11+: Gain territory (Tags: +obligations) and Ivy's group suffers harm

thelazyblank
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!



Blood -1, Heart 1, Mind 1, Spirit 1 | Mortality 1, Night 0, Power 1, Wild 0
Harm X(feedback) 00 00 | Corruption XX000

They don't make swears for psychic feedback. I'd make one up, but my head loving hurts.

Well, here's time to pull out all the stops. Unfortunately, all I have is a gun and a cell phone, enough magical energy to make myself invisible, a throbbing headache.. The list could go on, but right about now, none of them matter if I don't get out of this place in one piece. Given everything that's going on, the only way that's going to happen is if I can get everyone to look at something long enough to not be looking at us. I cup my cellphone into my hand, turning on the flashlight mode but covering the side where the light would be coming out. Thank god this thing will be toast even if this doesn't work.

I take a deep breath before shouting, trying to project my voice as much as I can. "Rayo Animus! Rayo Spectorum!" Come on, come on, look away from the wizard who's actually doing the hard work. "Accendo lux!" I spend that mystical energy to make myself invisible, then I throw the phone, light suddenly revealed, right at the bird and the demon who are tussling. Of course, nothing's actually going to happen, except my cell phone hitting the magic electricity on the floor and maybe shorting out. But that half-second should be enough to get out of here with all my parts still attached. Hope you can do the same, Isabella, otherwise this will be a very short trick.

Trick Attempt posted:

First off, spend 1 hold to Veil self. Down to 1 hold.

/r 2d6+1 #The ole Throw The Cell Phone While Shouting Latin Gibberish Trick
SidekickBOT - Today at 9:39 PM
@Alanna (TLB): 2d6+1 The ole Throw The Cell Phone While Shouting Latin Gibberish Trick = (3+2)+1 = 6
Welp.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Blood +2 | Heart +1 | Mind +0 | Spirit -1 || Mortality +1 | Night +1 | Power -1 | Wild +1
Harm:(electrical burns) |☒ (bruised and battered) ☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☒☐☐☐☐ || Location: The Bar

As Ivy and I pound a few brews, I begin to lay down the night's festivities with some bar snacks and coasters serving as an improvised map. I say, "Aight, so the cops are gonna be dropping some heat here..." I put down a handful of crisps on a coaster representing the highrise. "So that leaves the stashes I've tracked down here, here, and here." I place some mixed nuts on the indicated locations. "You'n the Moons are gonna be a big help, Ivy, real big, but I've got some ringers to spread the heat out as much as possible." I give her my most sultry smile and put a couple of shot glasses upside down on opposite flanks of the Moonwalkers' territory.

I tap my head. "One last thing. I've got a source, best intel ya ever did hear 'bout, and they've helped me set this all up to go as smooth as possible. No guarantees in this biz, but it's about as close as it gets."

Owing debts to Ella, Copperstone, and Olivia for a little assistance!

I say, "This is gonna be rough, even with everything I've done ta prep, so if things go bad..." I draw her close and we share a real deep kiss. "Well, it's been a helluva ride, Ivy. You and yours have done right by me, I ain't gonna forget that no matter what happens tonight."

quote:

SidekickBOT - Yesterday at 6:58 PM
@Shin-Hye (Tricky): 2d6+5 Get that territory, son! = (6+1)+5 = 12

Territory (+Obligations)!

End Move: Shin-Hye is learning more about the factions of the Wild and the upcoming conflicts between Ella and Copperstone, but they're drifting further and further from the street-level dealings with Mortality they were familiar with. +Wild/-Mortality.

Also! Shin-Hye is proposing that they owe a debt to Ivy for her car-based assistance.
1

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

He presumably spends
his time traveling the world, annihilating any rapper foolish enough to challenge him


Exmond posted:

With a wave of her hand Copperstone motions for all of you to leave her office. Opening the door to her office you see a raven impatiently waiting. The raven is regally drinking from a small silver bowl filled with wine and a silver plate of bird seed is sitting on a table, its contents picked through and found wanting. The raven lets out a large squawk and Copperstone replies

“Yes that took a bit, come in Morrigan we have a lot to discuss about our deal”

The raven hops down from the table and walks past the lot of you, giving a slight nod to Sal and looking down on the rest of you.

"Oh, uh, hi, ma'am." I stare at the floor to try and avoid showing too much shame at being on the verge of flipping out just a moment ago. Really wasn't expecting to see her here; I mean, I guess it makes sense, her being friendly with Copperstone and all, but, I dunno. It's just weird, seeing the... bird-person who's responsible for my whole existence just walking around. poo poo. I just wish I knew why. Why me? Why bring me back? Wh-

Exmond posted:

As aatma is being dragged off by kelly you see a small scrap of paper fall from his pants. Kelly doesn't notice as she is letting out her frustration out on the sexy vampire. Picking up the piece of paper you see elegant words hand written on it

Shin-Hye for Alexi, negotations later tonight at Red-Dragon Inn, 20 minutes

gently caress.


Blood: 2 Heart: 1 Mind: -2 Spirit: 1 | Mortality: -2 Night: 1 Power: 1 Wild: 2
Harm: X | ▢▢ | ▢▢ | Corruption: X▢▢▢▢
Tags: Light Harm: (right) hand with a hole, Ghost-Transforming [Controlled by Copperstone's Talisman]

I pull out the chair opposite Matt's and sit down. "Uh, hey, Matt." Well, now I know what happened to Matt that night. And probably how Aatma'd know about me being after Alexi. Great. I don't even want to imagine what else that slimeball knows about me.

Still, though, it's... weird. Seeing one of the old gang again. Vamp or not. Suppose it's better this way than if he was working for Alexi, but... Matt was a nice guy. Something in his eyes just always looked trustworthy. I mean, he wasn't, not always. Guy was the main one who'd get us a hook-up for drugs, and, y'know, sometimes we couldn't pay what we said we'd pay. But everyone liked Matt. S'how he got away with being a wimp; ain't gotta be tough if no one's gonna want to come after you in the first place. Now, though? Something in his eyes just doesn't look the same. But it's still Matt looking at me. Same face, same lovely fauxhawk. Slightly nicer clothes, I guess, which is weird because we all always thought Matt ran away from his folks because he hated that high-class poo poo, but, gently caress, he really looks like Matt.

"So, you're here for what we've got on Alexi." That was the Matt I knew, at least. Straight to negotiating, even with a smile. "And we," he says, leaning his elbows on the table and linking his fingers, "want On Shin-Hye dead." I lean back in my seat and try to act relaxed. "Yeah, I read the note too. But why do you care what Aatma wants?" Matt doesn't budge. "Because that's the deal. Information on Shin-Hye for information on Alexi." "So what?" I say, sitting up. "You've got as much reason to want that piece of poo poo dead as me." I gesture broadly at him. "I mean, gently caress, he turned you into this!"

quote:

SidekickBOT - Yesterday at 12:43 PM
@Sal (Randall): 2d6+1 Betraying At Least One Friend = (4+5)+1 = 10

"You're deflecting. Shin-Hye for Alexi." "I'm not deflecting!" I'm standing, now, though I don't remember when I got up, but Matt's still sitting, hands still together on the table. "You are. You knew the deal, and now you're delaying it." "Who gives a gently caress about the loving deal?!" I'm shouting now, and I can hear Raven flapping and cawing behind me but all I can focus on is Matt's loving smile. "I thought we were friends! I thought all of us were friends! Don't you give a poo poo about them? About Bree, and Jack, and loving Owen an- and Jess and- gently caress, is Aatma your loving boss now or-"

"Yes!" Matt yells, slamming his palms on the table, and I stop where I'm standing and look at him. "Yes, he's my loving boss! This is my life now, Sal! This is my loving life now, and don't you give me poo poo about not caring. Where the gently caress were you?! Did you even know I wasn't just dead? Did you loving care? Or were you too busy working for loving Copperstone? Playing hero out in the streets? I don't have a choice where I am now! I'm loving stuck here. Alexi stuck me here. So, yeah, I want him dead. But I've got my own life to keep together now." He swings his arms over the scattered papers. "This deal is the best I can loving do. So why are you protecting some vamp instead of taking it?"

I slump back into the chair. "Okay," I say. "Okay. I'll get something for you. It- it'll take me a bit of time. But... I'll get you something."

gently caress.

---

End Move: Sal made a ghost friend, and also is now tied further into Vampire bullshit; Night +1. Meanwhile, gently caress Wizards; Power -1.

Sal owes Alanna for bailing her out in the sewers, but I think we already marked that debt earlier.

RandallODim fucked around with this message at Sep 8, 2017 around 20:11

Green Bean
May 3, 2009




Olivia looked nonplussed as Murphy laid out her whole story. "That is a super sketchy explanation, Murphy. And honestly, it's a little too sketchy to disbelieve. Just, let your boss know that if she wants me to get involved in poo poo like this next time, she's welcome to just call and be up front about it. That's why I shelled out for business card-good god, what kind of caterpillar has a fist?" Olivia was momentarily distracted by Felix in the Tupperware container.

"Look, I'm sticking with you for the time being, if only to make sure you don't kill Felix. The details are...complicated, but it'd make that Elme-whatever demon's original owner too happy for my taste. But if you're being honest, I'm going to see this through."

~~

And of course, mid-drive she got a phone call from Shin-Hye. She'd met him before and couldn't shake the feeling that she bore responsibility for his current undead state (predestination paradoxes were a motherfucker in her line of business). Despite her ongoing personal crises, this wasn't a call she could ignore. She picked up the line and quickly sussed out his aim. She found gang warfare distasteful, but after a rather graphic description of their various crimes, Shin-Hye persuaded her that at the very least, one of her readings would reduce the risk of collateral damage.

Mindful of the fact she had a Copperstone employee sitting in the other seat, she her draw quickly and without the narrative she usually came up with. Instead, she disconnected the call and simply texted him the results.

code:
First point of attack, all proceeds well. Rest of gang alerted, but see no viable way of preventing.
Second assault site, third floor, second apartment from stairwell. Family of non-combatants shot to death by your forces due to mistake in heat of combat. 
Would appreciate above not happening.
Third assault site will be ambush; fire bombs and sealed exits: 
All but six of your party will burn to death, followed by survivors being hacked to death by machetes:
Recommend taking action to avoid possibility.
Spend my last hold of the session on Shin-Hye's reading to gain a debt for it. End of Session move in previous post.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Arguing about anime since 99


The cellphone hits the floor and everybody ignores it. The wolf on the floor lets out one last howl as it dies in a poof of ash and pain. It's blood courses over the ground and dark forces start to form symbols with blood. Isabella screams as more lightning forms from the pentagon. You rush to help her but the bird monsters bulbous gooey mass swings around, nearly taking you out. Mishkini and his friend attack the monster with ferocious strikes but every time they attack the wounds heal. The bird continues, inch by inch, to approach isabella even though the demons fight back against it. It knocks it's way onto the platform and smashes the larger porcupine demon onto the floor.

The demon barely has enough time to scream before the lightning courses over its body and it disintegrates. The wolf blood and the demon blood mix and more musical notes form on the ground. The musical notes form more lightning from teh pentagram, all aimed at Isabella and shescreams. The psychic link becomes chaos and lightning emit from her eyes and splashes the room. The lightning snags you encircling your invisible body and you burn.

MC posted:

Take 2 points of damage as lightning hits you and burns you

Over the psychic link you hear a weak "poo poo" and you see Isabella flick her wrist towards you. A shield snaps up around you as you see the ward around the book unravel, quiver and then explode. Isabella is knocked through the bird monster and slams against the other side of the wall, her eyes pure white, save for the blood running from her forehead into them. She doesn't move save for the small breaths she makes. The bird demon is knocked back, it's goo slipping away, and is slammed against the other door. Mishkini alone stands triumphantly against the blackblast... And you, invisible and unseen. Your cellphone makes a "Ding-Ding" sound notifying you of a text.

The book is unprotected and Mishkini walks towards it.. The Bird demon is starting to reform itself and Isabella is dying... Time to pull a magic trick out of your hat

What do you save? Isabella or the Book.


MC posted:

Olivia, gain a debt on Felix for saving his collection
Shin-Hye, Ivy gains a debt on you for running her car through security goons

thelazyblank
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!



Blood -1, Heart 1, Mind 1, Spirit 1 | Mortality 1, Night 0, Power 1, Wild 0
Harm X(feedback) XX (Evil electricity) 00 | Corruption XXXX0

Christ. This burns. I'm holding in any noises I would make as best as I can. Part of me just wants to teleport myself away, but that's the worst of both worlds. Don't have time, strength and everything else to grab and hold onto the book and whatever magical feedback that may come with it. Plus, it'll be a giant glowing loving beacon for everything in the drat place that's still remotely alive. So, living first. I hope this works, because otherwise I'm about to have a very short-lived career as a wizard. I pull the talon out of my bag, not even bothering to say any words as I hold it forward, pointing it at the book that's nearly in the hand of the demon.

OOC posted:

Alanna (TLB) - Today at 5:10 PM
/r 2d6+1 #Letting It out
SidekickBOT - Today at 5:10 PM
@Alanna (TLB): 2d6+1 Letting It out = (2+4)+1 = 7
Do something outside human limits, using the talon that's connected to everything to push the book towards the guardian. Corruption to 3/5.
Also, for the mechanics block, spending 2nd hold to Veil Isabella.

That worked! I was half-expecting the talon to just gouge my eye out for no good reason. I sprint back to Isabella, putting her arm over my shoulder and waste no time to use the last bit of energy to make us both invisible. Sure, it won't guarantee that we get out of this hellhole but it should be a decent help.

OOC posted:

Escape
/r 2d6-1 #Insert Link To getoutofthere.mp4
SidekickBOT - Today at 5:22 PM
@Alanna (TLB): 2d6-1 Insert Link To getoutofthere.mp4 = (6+4)-1 = 9
Mark corruption again (4/5) and owe a debt to someone for the escape.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010



Blood: -1 Heart: 1 Mind: 2 Spirit: 0| Mortality 1, Night 0, Power 1,Wild 0
Harm 0/5 | Corruption 1/5

poo poo, well I deserved that chewing out from the captain. I'm not sure what difference I could have made given that one more cop with a gun wasn't going to stop a shooting but I owed Goldsmith a great deal he'd taught me so much and then when he needed my help for a change I'd not been there for him . I'd like to think that he'd understand what I'd done, how I'd chased after a criminal and I hoped nay prayed that the results would justify the ends. I mean I had caught Peter after all and put a notorious (vampire) gang leader off the streets so that had to count for something right? The fact that Peter was only the dumb muscle and wouldn't be able to flip on his boss without a whole lot of detox didn't help but he'd kinda confessed to the kidnapping so I should be able to justify my more... unorthodox method of apprehending him should anyone think to ask questions.

Now it was just a matter of waiting for the drugs to wear off and then figuring out the right questions to ask. I really wanted to know where those children had been taken and what Elias had to to do with all this. But those were questions for another day. Right now I wanted to get home and get my head down but I had one more stop to make. The hospitial. Yeah sure William probably wouldn't remember being there given how many drugs they had him pumped up with but I'd know and I figured I owed him for not being there when he needed help. Least I could do was go and take a look at the consequences of my actions.

OOC posted:

Kelly is deep into wild bullshit but has not made friends on the vampire side of the street.
-1 to Night and +1 to wild.

Also giving a debt to my shot fae cop bro.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Arguing about anime since 99

Olivia

Olivia after about 1 hour in the sewers you make your displeasure known to Murphy. She hands you a homemade sandwich , which while good, does not make time go by any faster. Still no fae are after you and after a few assurances from your demon companion you feel safe. After another 2 hours Murphy checks her watch and grumpily complains that Isabella is late. Trudging down the sewer hallways both of you encounter a large door full of runes that is ajar. Murphy crawls into it and a large bird like creature shows up, a large book in its center of mass. After the most disgusting fight and run event ever (murphy threw you into the large bird to grab the book while she fought it off). Both of you managed to run away from the bird creature and you handed the book to murphy. A few moments later felix ate the book and you exited the sewers, safe but a little bit more gooey.

Over the few days Murphy doesn't leave your side. It's a bit unsettling but she does drive away any fae hunters with a snarl from her voice. Your future sight also helps to avoid any other ambushes. Murphy even fixes your door and your car, though your car does get grumpy and spits out hellfire now and then.

In fact you would call it a passable few days if not for the fact that you can't sleep. You have been tossing and turning in your sleep, memories of dark Olivia in your mind and the weight of the demon Elmenstrix on your conscience. Plus Murphy can't stop humming that drat song so you've managed to pick it up and humm it. That sweet sweet black song...

Olivia you car Is fixed!
You car gets the tag “Grumpy” and “Hellfire car”


Shin-hye

The fight goes well. Calling in all the favours from Ella, Copperstone and Olivia it was a sure-win. Ella brought the bulk of her forces, battle-hardended veterans from the fae wars. You noticed she looked at the fight with delight in her eyes, delight that smoldered down to a somber expression once the fight was done. Copperstone conviently had her goons stop protecting key points and with Olivia's warning the fight was won. Ivy's group still took a hit as both you and her lead the charge running down the rest of the Moonwalkers gang.

You now have a small chunk of land in … wait where was it?

MC posted:

Shin-Hye , name a suburb, you now own a small place around it. The nearer the place is downtown the more people are gonna go after it.

The area didn't come free though. You found out that the area is a memorial area, ghosts surrond the area gaining power as people grieve. The head ghost is in charge of the area and runs the area as a refuge from Alexi. He holds the ghosts in check but may request favours from you in order to keep the peace.

MC posted:

The area has a head ghost that will demand things from you. This is the +oblgiation tag at work


Sal

You rest up at PRIESTS place and are surprised to see your uncle there. A party happens yay. As you go to sleep you feel a presence around you and spectral arms enclose around you as you sleep. Morrigan's raven looks over you as you sleep, keeping you safe.

A sweet sweet black song interrupts your sleep but Morrigan whispers sweet nothings in your ear.



Alanna

What a day... You collapse in your chesterfield as Anna hands you an ice tea, the glass chilled by her ghost hands. Isabella is safely sequestered in her own sanctum and is healing though her eyes will never recover. You have no idea what happened to the book, you shoved it at the bird monster and Mishkini lunged after it. There was a big battle but you decided to not stick around.

Anna hovers around and starts wailing around your sanctum, setting up her haunts. You would of stopped her and banished her out of your place but she did save your life. When the place was coming down Anna showed up and lead you safely out of the sewers. And now shes decided to haunt the place.

You take a long drink out of your glass and sigh. Isabella still has you bound, once she gets better you need to “remind” her to release you from the familiar contract. The council will want to know why Isabella is blind and taking part of a non-sanctioned mission to get an artifact isn't going to win you favours.

”MC” posted:

Your workshop gains +assistant



Session 2

A few days past and the city tension grows. Gang violence is growing and the VPD are almost at the breaking point. There is talk in the underground that the Moonwalkers lost territory and the Council of the 12 is meeting to discuss what changes have happened to their city. Not all is bad though, De-Lucas safe injection site has been a major success in controlling the homeless population and offering safe harbour. De-Luca's popularity has been going through the roof and a gala is being held in his honor. Renowned musician Santa-De-Labra is coming to play for the gala.

Starting session moves everyone!

Green Bean
May 3, 2009



Blood: 0 Heart: -1 Mind: +1 Spirit: +3| Mortality -1, Night 0, Power 2, Wild 1
Harm 0/5 | Corruption 1/5

Olivia had been very much out of sorts these past few days, partly due to the ever-present Murphy and the hunters, partly due to lack of sleep. It'd be one thing if it were dream visions - Olivia had been getting those since she was a kid, and even when they were unsettling, at least they were tactically useful. No, unfortunately, these were just garden variety nightmares, the kind that gradually wore away at her patience.

And yet, life went on, and she still had a business to run. She took callers as normal, shooing Murphy into another room when they arrived (Olivia had moved her TV in there, which cut down on the complaints). She dispensed her usual mix of vague predictions and general life advice disguised as mystical platitudes, though a few visitors made her pause and consider. They were complaining of odd symptoms - headaches, strange noises, inexplicable nausea - which normally Olivia would write off as mundane illness, whether physical or mental, but the cards were being coy and their symptoms were identical. It was only after the third visitor that she realised they were all from the same neighbourhood, one she recognised from experience as Arcanis' territory.

From her time repaying her debt to the necromancer, she recalled experiencing similar symptoms herself. She'd been told it was the result of imperfect ghost binding; usually the result of speeding through the rituals. This rarely happened to Arcanis, but the fact that all three were from their neighbourhood made it unlikely that it was a rival sorcerer. Olivia worried that something was causing the necromancer to mobilise, the kind of situation where they needed as many cold bodies as they could throw at a problem. That'd be bad, either because Arcanis was about to make a big dangerous play, or something even more dangerous had them feeling threatened.

Session Intro (Night): posted:

Spending a hold for an automatic 12+ on the roll. I gain a Debt on someone in the Night faction.

Foretellings posted:

Green Bean - Today at 6:01 PM
/r 2d6+3 #Foretellings
SidekickBOT - Today at 6:01 PM
@Green Bean: 2d6+3 Foretellings = (6+3)+3 = 12


Hold 2. During the session, you can spend your hold to declare that something terrible is about to happen. You (and your allies) take +1 ongoing to avoid the impending disaster.

thelazyblank
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!



Blood -1, Heart 1, Mind 1, Spirit 1 | Mortality 1, Night 0, Power 1, Wild 0
Harm 0 00 00 | Corruption XXXX0

Well, the good news of all this is that we made it out of there in one piece. The bad news is everything else. Luckily, between my new ghost assistant and the fact that I keep a large amount of herbal healing components and bandages in my personal sanctum, I know Isabella's going to survive. But while I'm wrapped up with all the help a ghost can give in this, I better plan out my next move. I'm not going to think too much about what those drat demons are doing with the book if they have it, but why now? What could they possibly gain from this book that made them want to do it now? Opportunity? Finding a dumb wizard?

I'm already prepping my extended bitching out of Isabella when she's coherent and mobile enough.

Start of Session roll posted:

Shin-Hye picks Wild
/r 2d6 #Wild
SidekickBOT - Last Monday at 1:59 PM
@Alanna (TLB): 2d6 Wild = (6+3) = 9

Rutegan's Manual of Magical Confluences, as much as it can be as a starting point, does suggest that there may be something special around the corner. It'd explain the timing of the whole thing, at least. Two days from now is a Minor Starfall, something to do with universal star light energy. Not that any normal thing could harness that energy, but assuming you could, you'd be able to make some waves in a small area. Like a big city, for example. I don't even have clue one of what sort of thing that book could be used for, but whatever it is, I need to figure out if that book could directly capture energy like that, and what someone would be planning with that. Someone like Mishkini could be trying a big power play, bring his boss back who's trapped in the book or about a dozen other things that all are probably not good for the city.

"Isabella? If you can hear me, I'd like you to know that I'm pretty much going to tell the Council the truth about what happened. If there's anything you want me to leave out, you better be paying up really quickly."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Blood +2 | Heart +1 | Mind +0 | Spirit -1 || Mortality +1 | Night +1 | Power -1 | Wild +1
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☒☐☐☐☐ || Location: My Turf

Ain't no place like home, yeah? Sure, sure, I got a ghost up in my biz, but it could be a helluva lot worse. I've been gettin' my boys set up — I call 'em Silvers, people get all silver-eyed and strong as gently caress sometimes when I feed offa 'em. Haven't much figured it all out, but what the hell! Ain't a spot on yours truly, but they've got enough muscle to hang with the riff-raff that's lookin' to horn in on my new digs. Anyways, there's always a bunch of bullshit to take care of when you make a big move like this. You gotta grease the right palms, make sure the locals know who's lookin' out for 'em, make an example or two... Reminds me of the good times, yanno? Before all this spooky poo poo.

'Course, it's not all sunshine and puppies. Speakin' of puppies, somma Ivy's kids got winged when we were stormin' the place. I ain't gonna lie, I couldn't really have done it without 'em. That's why I'm still stomping around this whole basement business. poo poo ain't been nothin' but trouble, but Ivy's done right by me and my boys. I'm gonna square things up. 'Sides, I bet she'd be all appreciative and whatnot. Might even invite her to my new digs, show her a little of that fuckin' Shin-Hye hospitality.

Of course, when you're pokin' around fuckin' wizard poo poo like this goddamn basement, yer gonna need a fuckin' wizard to make sure nobody goes back in time to unkill the fuckin' dinosaurs or something. Even with Copperstone slippin' me info and an opening on the sly, I ain't about to take chances.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Last Monday at 12:07 PM
@Shin-Hye (Tricky): 2d6-1 Shin-Hye's all tangled up in that basement POWER business. = (6+5)-1 = 10

Debt on someone POWERful!

Also, as Ivy is still In The Web at the start of session, I learn a secret that she would rather keep hidden.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Arguing about anime since 99


You have been laying down some rumors that someone has been looking for information on the de-luca safe injection site. You laid down a few messages to the black market and manged to snag some intrest. Someone had sent a message back with a time and place. You showed up and surprise, it was an ambush. Someone really didn`t want you poking your nose around that basement. You and Ivy dealt with it and managed to track down who ambushed you.

Right now Ivy is dangling him over the building and hes spilling the beans. Turned out someone named Jean-Paul hired him to intimidate anyone looking into the basement.

What do you do?

MC posted:

Please make a small-time crook wizard. You gain a debt on them



Isabella gets up in shock and frantically looks around. You hold back a laugh as the councilwoman bumbles around trying to look for you. Giant cottonball cover her eyes and apart from blindness she seems to be doing allright.

“Err Lets not get hasty Alanna! I mean the council didn't exactly authorize that mission.. Or well they didn't-”

Isabella flusters around and grabs a walking stick. It shimmers slightly and she uses it to locate you. She turns to you and keeps talking

“Uhhh best friends don't snitch on each other? Listen, what do you want for your silence. Your victimizing a blind woman here!”

Suddenly your phone rings. It's Murphy, who you have been haphazardly working with over the past few days to investigate the book. Its a tense situation, with Copperstone's lieutenant Murphy messing up the meeting (and thus the cause of the whole situation) and Copperstone pointing out you threw the book at the big bad. You have some pull on Copperstone if you decide to go public with the information and you have leveraged it and she has let some not so subtle hints that she would very much dislike that. Fortunately you managed to pull some strings. Seargeant William Goldsmith has been pulling some favours and making sure the cops are always around when Copperstone tries to lean in on you.


What do you do?

MC posted:

Gain a debt on Copperstone
Seargent William Goldsmith gains a debt on you




Olivia, you have been working on the sly on investigating Arcanis terrirotiry. You didn't get very far as Arcanis keeps a tight leash on his terriority in the sewers and older buildings in Vancouver. You enlisted the help of a girl named Greda, who had some spiritual power to see ghosts and the recently deceased. Much to your surprise you found out that Greda had a sister, Anna, and was able to reunite the two.

You sip your tea while you read the crude handwriting of Greda. She had been communing with a few spirits and had written a report on it. Just before you can sit down and enjoy a moment of silence the report rustles in a bone-chilling wind. The table starts shaking and you see the horseshoe at your door smash to the ground.

“Olivvviiiia. Open up the dooooor. “

You know that voice.. That is Robby

“Open the door... Otherwise I'll tell arcanis you have been snooping around his territory”

poo poo

What do you do?


MC posted:

Gain a debt on Anna for reuniting her sister!
Greda is a young child, she is considered your ally but do you really want to drag her down with you?

thelazyblank
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!



Blood -1, Heart 1, Mind 1, Spirit 1 | Mortality 1, Night 0, Power 1, Wild 0
Harm 0 00 00 | Corruption XXXX0

"You wouldn't be blind if you didn't go into a deal half-cocked with some demons to get something for yourself. Just, tell me what you know. If we're now besties, I'd imagine that means no more secrets. And definitely no more making each other into familiars. Or calling in favors with their neighborhood future-readers to trick people to show up to help you without the other's knowledge. I've got to take this. You can think about this."

So, that last one may not be true, but the whole thing was a mess. If she wanted actual help, she should've asked, not let things happen the way they did. Still, the phone call probably needs to be answered. "Hey there, any chance this is good news?"

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Blood +2 | Heart +1 | Mind +0 | Spirit -1 || Mortality +1 | Night +1 | Power -1 | Wild +1
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☒☐☐☐☐ || Location: My Turf

Aw, callin' it an ambush makes it sound like me 'n Ivy mighta been in trouble. It was more of an appetizer, really, and the goons scattered once we hucked a few of 'em inta some cars. But, yeah, go figure. The De-Luca lead was just a bust... is what I bet you're thinking. Hah. Far from it. These fuckers tipped their hand, now I'm all up in their poo poo like you wouldn't even believe. Jean-Paul, De-Luca, all these motherfuckers better bet that I'm gonna settle things when it comes time. Ain't no magic that's gonna save their fancy robed asses. Not from me and mine.

Ivy has a way with these clowns. Like this scumbag spell-slinger that set it all up? What's his face... Reginald Quinn? Yeah, Reggie is practically shittin' himself while she flails him around like a big ol' magic chew-toy. You can hear the tinklin' of all his fancy magic poo poo bouncin' off the pavement below up. This kinda thing is why me and her get on like a house on fire. We know howta talk ta people so they listen, yanno?

I look over towards the two of 'em and subtly give Ivy the 'he's probably ready to talk' sign. It's a lot like a thumbs-up, but, yanno, subtle.

As she hoists him up and gives him a few more shakes for good measure, I say, "Awright, you ready to talk? Here's the way I figure it. We're doin' you a real solid by not fuckin' powerbombin' ya into the asphalt. That's even after yer boys tried ta ventilate us. So you get one chance. Tell me somethin' good, I put in a good word with Ivy. Play bullshit wizard games..." I heft a tall-boy of some lovely BC beer, flip it in my hands a couple of times, then idly huck it off the building. His eyes follow it all the way down and you can fuckin' see him puttin' the pieces together when it hits and explodes into a cloud of foam. "So let's get to business, Reggie. What the gently caress is in the basement?"

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

He presumably spends
his time traveling the world, annihilating any rapper foolish enough to challenge him



Blood: 2 Heart: 1 Mind: -2 Spirit: 1 | Mortality: -2 Night: 2 Power: 0 Wild: 2
Harm: ▢ | ▢▢ | ▢▢ | Corruption: X▢▢▢▢
Tags: Ghost-Transforming [Controlled by Copperstone's Talisman], Matt's Tool Of Justice (+1 ongoing towards killing Alexi)

So, I do have an uncle. Yeah, the guy who was looking for me? Turns out he really is my no-shittin', for-real uncle. And, as the climax to what will stand as the most-hosed-up Canada Day I've ever had, he was there when I stumbled into Moore's parish. The guy I was half convinced was a wizard coming to pop me, and here's me with a folder under my arm full of information to help me kill a vampire gangster, at the end of one shitheap of a day. What the gently caress else would happen?

Moore had to pull me off of him. I don't really remember it, but judging from how his face looked the next morning, I went off on Ray. "Raymond, please," he told me over (his) eggs the next morning, like I'd call anyone that. Besides his lovely perspective on names, though, Ray seems... decent, I guess. Took me wailing on him pretty well, for one thing. Honestly, I don't remember too much of talking to him, either. He's... a doctor? I don't know. The past few days have all kinda... sunk together. I think we agreed to meet up... today? Uuuuuuuuugh. gently caress. That is today. Great.

Look, I'm sure he's fine. But the only reason I'm even considering meeting Ray for that 'lunch date' is to get him to go. I don't need more baggage hanging around right now. And definitely not baggage that needs a priest to save it from a beating.

But that's not even the most important problem I've got right now. That position of high loving honor belongs to whichever scumbag wizard is responsible for keeping Alexi's hideout completely off the grid. Seriously - according to Matt's intel, you can't even see the entrance without Alexi wanting you to. Enchantments are total loving bullshit. But, apparently, these ones don't have enough juice to outlive their enchanter. So, that's the plan now: find Alexi's magical friend, and kill 'em.

There's only so many wizards in the area who could cast something this big and keep it going without totally draining their batteries. And even then, they wouldn't be able to throw poo poo around once the enchantments are up like they used to. With a wizard, that might make it harder to kill them; bastards get squirrely when they know they're weakened. But no one who matters in this city would let themselves miss De-Luca's big lovely gala. If I can find out who I'm looking for before then, great. If not, I'll figure it out as I go. Can't be that hard; me and the crew crashed plenty of parties.

quote:

SidekickBOT - 09/18/2017
@Sal (Randall): 2d6 infiltrating De-Luca's fundraiser to find/neutralize Alexi's magical protector = (2+3) = 5

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Arguing about anime since 99

RandallODim posted:


Blood: 2 Heart: 1 Mind: -2 Spirit: 1 | Mortality: -2 Night: 2 Power: 0 Wild: 2
Harm: ▢ | ▢▢ | ▢▢ | Corruption: X▢▢▢▢
Tags: Ghost-Transforming [Controlled by Copperstone's Talisman], Matt's Tool Of Justice (+1 ongoing towards killing Alexi)
Location: Jimmy's Hot-Dog Emporium, Patio

You are at lunch with Raymond at a little hole in the wall hotdog place. Raymond orders 3 large hotdogs and plops the tray down next to you while he digs into a philly cheesesteak. You engage in -ugh- small talk for a little bit and absent mindly toss some fries to your Raven. Cars go by as you sit on the patio chair. Raymond suddenly straightens up, an action that demands your attention, and looks you in the eyes.

“Listen Sally. I know I haven't been there for you and well. Father Moore talked to me and told me about your situation. I'd like to know if you would consider being adopted.. by me...”

What do you do?


Tricky posted:


Blood +2 | Heart +1 | Mind +0 | Spirit -1 || Mortality +1 | Night +1 | Power -1 | Wild +1
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☒☐☐☐☐ ||
Location: My Turf

Reginald gulps as he hears the shattering of the beer bottle against the ground far below.

“Jesus christ man.. I'm just a hedge wizard!” Ivy lets out a huff of laughter as she pretends her grip is slipping. Reginald spills the beans “I have no loving clue whats in the basement! Jean-Paul asked me to shake down any people inquiring about it! Just scare them away and tell him if they don't back off. JESUS”

Looking at the fear in Reginald's eyes you believe he is telling the truth. Ivy shakes him a bit more and a wet moist spot starts forming on his trousers and trickles down to the ground below. Ivy looks at him in disgust.

Your cell-phone suddenly lights up to life and the call display shows that Ella is calling you.

What do you do?


thelazyblank posted:


Blood -1, Heart 1, Mind 1, Spirit 1 | Mortality 1, Night 0, Power 1, Wild 0
Harm 0 00 00 | Corruption XXXX0
Location: Alanna's Sanctum

Isabella gives you a blank stare when you mention future-readers. She obviously has no idea what you are talking about. Before you can inquire further the phone explodes in a litany of curses

“Everything's on fire and it's not my fault!”

You hear the distinct sound of an earthquake over the phone. Murphy continues talking.

“Found out about the book and may have gotten involved in a wedding ceremony and have to go meet me at Max's in 2 hours”

A large explosion is heard and you hear the phone clatter to the ground as someone continues to run away. You hear other footsteps and what appears to be a harp. A fine singing voice is heard over the phone that narrates a love poem and “hunt of love”... You decide to hang up the phone after the first verse.

Isabella comes up to you holding a ring that levitates in the air. Her eyelids are scarred and closed but she is pointed directly at you. The ring emits power and Isabella offers it to you

“For your silence, a ring that allows you to run through the ether and arrive at a pre-determined destination”

Before you can answer your cellphone starts ringing again... The call display shows that your Mom is calling.

What do you do?

MC posted:

Phew, your a wizard so I don't mind heaping on the problems
Murphy was investigating the book for you and found out some info, she wants to meet you at Max's in 2 hours
Isabella offers you a ring of ritual teleportation for your silence at the council meeting. You can attune it to a single location and teleport there. Range 20KM. Attuning takes an hour of ritual.
The council meeting is later tonight, in about 5 hours.

thelazyblank
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!



Blood -1, Heart 1, Mind 1, Spirit 1 | Mortality 1, Night 0, Power 1, Wild 0
Harm 0 00 00 | Corruption XXXX0

"Fine, but don't.." And then there's no more Murphy. Well, that was fast. Doubt she's dead, which is good, because going to meet someone in a few hours who might be a dead demon would be a bit more than I'd want to deal with right now. I turn towards Isabella and stare warily at the ring for a few moments. After the last time, I trust Isabella about as much as she could throw me right now. "Look, everyone already knows I was involved in this. They know you were too. I can't just pretend that I don't know anything. And I'm not going to play dumb in front of anyone just to make sure you get in less trouble." Sometimes, I wish I could just take the easy way.

"So, what do you want me to actually say? Or do you just want me to not make the effort to talk to the Council. I can try that, but eventually, people are going to notice that I was there. I just don't want this to become another thing. You know, like the last time I did something the Council didn't like."

I sigh, holding up a finger while I look at my phone. Great timing. Hey mom, just talking to some wizard about some possible wizard crimes we committed and how neither of us wants to go to wizard jail. "I've got to take this."

I push and drag the answer button, putting on my best forced cheery voice. "Hi Mom! How are things?"

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Blood +2 | Heart +1 | Mind +0 | Spirit -1 || Mortality +1 | Night +1 | Power -1 | Wild +1
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☒☐☐☐☐ || Location: My Turf

"A hedge wizard, huh, well looks like you made a pretty fuckin' big mistake this time. Tell you what. I'm feelin' generous today. You're going to owe me 'n Ivy in a real big way. Real, real big." I shrug, "Or she can drop you. I don't give a gently caress."

I hold out a finger, stopping the man's inane patter in response to my offer, and take the call. I say, "It's Shin-Hye. Whatcha got for me?"

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Arguing about anime since 99

thelazyblank posted:


Blood -1, Heart 1, Mind 1, Spirit 1 | Mortality 1, Night 0, Power 1, Wild 0
Harm 0 00 00 | Corruption XXXX0
Location: Alanna's Sanctum



“Alanna how are you doing!” Your mom's excited voice say's over the phone “You will never guess where I am right now.”

A sinking feeling grows in your stomach.

“You will never guess what happened. Your father won a few tickets to the Vancouver BonSpiel curling tournament. There was a local contest on the radio and we won! We flew first class honey!”

The sinking feeling turns into a full 50 feet plummet down a pit

“So we are in Vancouver for the weekend honey! I was hoping we could grab coffee and I can update you on Aunt Gladius”

Anna, your ghost helper, starts trying to help Isabella to the wall phone. Isabella, after a few tries, finally grabs the wall phone and starts making a few phone calls.
What do you do?

MC posted:

Phew, problems are lining up Alanna, so far you have

Mom: Your mom is in town due to winning a totally random radio contest. You are pretty suspicious about this radio content. Can you tell me why your mom being in town right now is a bad thing?

Book: What ever happened to the book and who has it right now?
Murphy: Murphy has information on the book but sounds like she was in a rough situation. She wants to meet in 2 hours at “MAX's” a favorite ordinary bar of Murphys.
Council meeting: The council wants to have an emergency meeting about Isabella being blinded.
Isabella: You are still isabella's familiar

Don't worry though, your ghost helper is ready to help you with one of these problems! You can assign her one of these tasks and Anna will handle it with her ghostly optimism.



Tricky posted:


Blood +2 | Heart +1 | Mind +0 | Spirit -1 || Mortality +1 | Night +1 | Power -1 | Wild +1
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☒☐☐☐☐ || Location: My Turf

Ella's smooth and summery voice goes through the phone, she must be having a good day “Shin-Hye just giving you a warning. There have been a few men who have been asking around about you. They wear fancy suits, blue, and have the nasty tendency to disappear after they ask their questions” Ella pauses and you hear the fancy clink-clink of silverware being setup “Warren managed to track one down and tried to inquire, politely I might add, about their intentions and got his nose broken. Consider this a heads up that people are looking for you. And if you find them could you do me a favour and bash their heads in, politely if you could”
What do you do?

MC posted:

Problems are piling on fast Shin-Hye, so far you have

Basement: You have access thanks to Copperstone's deal, just be quiet about it. Jean-Paul is hiring people to shake people down and drive them away from the place, he might know more about the place.

Men In Black: Sound's like people are investigating you and are hard to track down. Ella would consider it a debt paid if you found one of them and applied the boots, medium style (no killing).

Reginald: You still have reginald hovering over a building.

Green Bean
May 3, 2009



Blood: 0 Heart: -1 Mind: +1 Spirit: +3| Mortality -1, Night 0, Power 2, Wild 1
Harm 0/5 | Corruption 1/5


Olivia put Greda's report over with her other sensitive materials, a cheap but solidly built lockbox surrounded by assorted good luck charms and warding circles from at least eight different religious and New Age sources. She had no idea of the efficacy of most of them, but the lockbox was solid steel and airtight, so if there was a fire or something at least she was pretty sure it'd be safe. She didn't like using Greda's help, and generally tried to steer her away from anything truly dangerous. But the girl wanted to be a hero, and so Olivia's latest challenge was trying to find relatively 'safe' adventures for her to go on, where she wouldn't attract the attention of people more willing to use her. Still, it seemed she was stumbling over genuinely dangerous materials - if this kept up, Olivia might have to intervene again.

Olivia quickly put down the tea and backed away from the table as it started to shake. Even before she heard the voice, she recognised the presence. It was him. She knew he was bound from doing her harm...buuut she still grabbed a shaker of salt from her cupboard and stuffed it in her pocket before opening the door. "Hello Robby." She was older now, and better at keeping the guilt and fear out of her voice than she'd been the last time they'd interacted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thelazyblank
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!



Blood -1, Heart 1, Mind 1, Spirit 1 | Mortality 1, Night 0, Power 1, Wild 0
Harm 0 00 00 | Corruption XXXX0

"Oh, you're in town? That's.. good." So, now I need to come up with reasons why I can't see my mom and deal with wizard politics, along with talking with a demon who may try to kill me but at least is also willing to help out if need be. Next time, I'm just going to hop in the spooky creature's mouth and end the suffering.

"Look, I'm busy today. You know how the gig economy works, always doing something." I'm happy to know my mother has no idea how the gig economy works, which is the only way I've dodged around telling her I'm one step away from some sort of wizard troubleshooter for every hidden part of Vancouver. "I can meet you tomorrow for breakfast. Brunch, and we can all catch up." Assuming, again, I don't wake up in a hospital or something between now and tomorrow morning.

"What did you say the radio station was?" This is going to be bloody madness for the next few hours, but I'm definitely not going to tell my parents that this is actually an attempt on their life or an attempt to make my life even more dangerous unless I have to. I give Isabella a narrow look while I'm still talking with my mom.

thelazyblank fucked around with this message at Oct 13, 2017 around 22:21

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply