Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Post
  • Reply
Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Blood +2 | Heart +2 | Mind +0 | Spirit -1 || Mortality +1 | Night +1 | Power -1 | Wild +1
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☒☐☐☐☐ || Location: My Turf

Huh, some fuckin' spooks are after me now? poo poo. What the hell did I do to catch their eye? I mean, yeah, the turf me 'n the Crimson Moons picked up is pretty choice, but I didn't think it'd rate one of those suit outfits. Still, whatever, gotta bust 'em up. Ain't good for yer rep to let a bunch of assholes try and roll your friends or their friends for info on ya. Plus, y'know, ain't nobody gonna put the business to Mankini but me. God, I hope he got those fuckin' pants I sent him and starts wearin' em. Y'can't just walk around like that anymore, gets ya some real weird looks and people start wonderin' what crazy poo poo's hidin' in yer closet. Those faerie types always are a little outta touch.

I say, "Yeah, yeah, I got ya covered. A few blue boys over medium? Can do. I'll letcha know what I find. Later."

I hang up, stuffing the phone back in my pocket, then call over to Ivy, "Aight, I think our boy here is with the program. Let's get him some ground and come to... an arrangement." She tosses him onto the roof and I pat her shoulder. God, she's a treasure. What beats escapin' an ambush and shakin' down some low-life with yer girl? Ain't much, I'll tell you that for free.

As he lies there in a heap, I say, "Here's the deal, Reggie, take it or take a quick trip to the street. You know how you tried to do us? You can square things up by doin' your boy Jean-Paul the same way. Get him in a room with me and Ivy and... Well, I ain't gonna treat ya to a round next time I see ya, but I won't rip yer arms off."

Shin-Hye proposes that Reginald promise to arrange a "meet" with Jean-Paul in exchange for not getting his just desserts.

I check the time and my mouth tightens up. Aight, better get started on this suit business. Got a bit before I need to hit the basement, but I can't just piss around with this rear end in a top hat on the roof forever. When it comes to suit types, though, I know just the lady to get the down-low from. Selene Delacroix, conspiracy expert and general go-to for anything like this sounds to be. She's a little fuckin' dead, but that doesn't mean a lot these days. Goddamn ghosts comin' at you from all angles. Hell, it's a funny story how she died. She likes to play it up like she got too close to the truth or some poo poo and was vanished, but she really just got tied up in her giant-rear end conspiracy board and accidentally hung herself.

I pat Ivy on the shoulder, "Gotta check in on some new trouble, but let me know what he says, alright? I know you can be real persuasive..." I wink, then head back down to the street. It's not too far to Selene's place, I bet I can be there in like five.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 5:15 PM
@Shin-Hye (Tricky): 2d6+1 Hit the Streets to get some info from the new ghost! (+Night) = (1+4)+1 = 6

Advancing! Going to take +1 Heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

He presumably spends
his time traveling the world, annihilating any rapper foolish enough to challenge him



Blood: 2 Heart: 1 Mind: -2 Spirit: 1 | Mortality: -2 Night: 2 Power: 0 Wild: 2
Harm: ▢ | ▢▢ | ▢▢ | Corruption: X▢▢▢▢
Tags: Ghost-Transforming [Controlled by Copperstone's Talisman], Matt's Tool Of Justice (+1 ongoing towards killing Alexi)

I'm halfway through muttering "It's just Sal," before Ray's... offer makes me freeze. I mean, what the gently caress, right? 'Hi Sal, I'm your uncle you never knew existed before last night, wanna come be my kid?' Who acts like that? Who thinks like that? Who the gently caress does this guy think he is, just showing up like this? And what's he gonna do? Adopt a dead girl? And besides. I'm not leaving this city till I'm done.

Raven tugging the fry I was about to toss her out of my hand pulls me back to the present, and I stifle a laugh as I look back at Ray. "Yeah, that's- I don't really think that'd work. I've... got a lot going on right now." Of course, maybe he already knows about all that. Which would be it's own exciting new loving mess. One way to find out, though. "How much did Moore tell you, anyway? About my situation."

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Arguing about anime since 99

Olivia posted:


Blood: 0 Heart: -1 Mind: +1 Spirit: +3| Mortality -1, Night 0, Power 2, Wild 1
Harm 0/5 | Corruption 1/5|Location:Olivia's Apartment


Robby enters, his sickly ghost form not being affected by the wards you had put up, and stares at you as he hovers towards the table. His fists are clenched and shaking but he does something that terrifies you.. He smiles at you and his eyes lights up with glee.

“I know you've sneaked around Arcanis' territory trying to dig up something up. Arcanis doesn't like it when people sneak around his territory. I've got dirt on you”

You continue to sip your cup of tea masking your expression and let Robby continue.

“So here is the deal. I have a friend who is in trouble. You help him out and I won't snitch on Arcanis on you”

Robby smiles and it sends shivers down your spine. Robby wants you dead and whatever trouble he is sending you towards is definitely the fatal kind. On the other hand helping Robby might be the first step in redeeming him, minus the whole fatal trouble thing. You sip your tea again and think. Arcanis had to step in between the feud Robby had on you . In fact Robby might be breaking Arcanis' deal just by coming into your apartment.

”MC” posted:

You can bet your rear end that Robby's deal is rotten and that he is sending you towards trouble. However, he hasn't realized he has broken Arcanis' deal with you. You could get him in some hot water with Arcanis.

What do you do?



Alanna posted:


Blood -1, Heart 1, Mind 1, Spirit 1 | Mortality 1, Night 0, Power 1, Wild 0
Harm 0 00 00 | Corruption XXXX0 | Location:Alanna's Sanctuary

“Oh honey, it was Magic FM! It's a new radio station, plays that rock music that your father and I love so much! Brunch would work out great tommorrow.”

You scrunch up your nose and feel another headache coming on. Another thing to add to the list, find out about this Magic FM.

“Errr, a new radio station that plays rock music? Sounds like every other radio station around Mom?” You say.

“Oh well, the DJ Jean-Paul is really amazing! Quite a funny man and lovely stories about his son.”

You almost snap your fingers; Bingo you got a lead on this radio station. Things are piling up to fast and too coincidental to not be a conspiracy.

Isabella gets off the phone and with some help from anna, sits at the table. She waits for your phonecall to end.

”MC” posted:

Jean-Paul is a name that rings a bell. Roll Put a face to Name under Mortality for some information! Also mark mortality and advance

What do you do?


Tricky posted:


Blood +2 | Heart +2 | Mind +0 | Spirit -1 || Mortality +1 | Night +1 | Power -1 | Wild +1
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☒☐☐☐☐ || Location: An empty alleyway and in a heap of trouble

Ivy nods and kisses you on the cheek. Her phone rings and she looks down, a puzzled expression on her face. She answers the phone and her puzzled expression turns into a worried one.

“Something wrong?”

Ivy shakes her head and grabs Reginald by the scruff of his jacket.

“Nothing big, just gotta go back to the bar.”

You put on your heavy coat as you leave and look out. Vancouver has a dark cloud over it and it's raining.


Selene Delacroix is an odd ghost, but reliable. If anyone is going to have any information on men in black it would be Selene. She lives around the Sun Tower, an old newspaper building. You duck into one of the alleyways and walk towards the exit.

Suddenly a figure grabs you and you spin around, hand resting on your guns. You looked shocked as you see a character from your past hovering from the ground. Nick Pember, your old partner back in the UN days, hovers in front of you. He smiles at you and the wound on his neck, stretching from his left shoulder to right shoulder, bleeds a little.

“Hey kid... Good thing I found you.. You are in a heap of trouble...”

He tries to say something more but suddenly he shifts in and out of focus. You hear the sounds of sudden tires screeching and the exit to the alleyway is blocked by a black sedan. The driver remains in the car but 2 men in black emerge. One of them moves from the alley way towards you, his hand raised. He adjusts a small device on his wrist watch and Nick gets even more blurrier.

“Hello Shin-Hye. The U.N has been looking for you”




”MC posted:

Reginald will take that deal and will call you back. Ill list it under “promises”
Also say hello to Nick Pember, he was your partner in the UN! He's a ghost.

If you wanna go aggro the following people are here with their distance listed

M.I.B #1: Close Range
M.I.B #2: Medium Range
Nick (Ally?): Hand Range, shifting in and out of focus.
Driver: Far Range

What do you do?



RandallODim posted:


Blood: 2 Heart: 1 Mind: -2 Spirit: 1 | Mortality: -2 Night: 2 Power: 0 Wild: 2
Harm: ▢ | ▢▢ | ▢▢ | Corruption: X▢▢▢▢
Tags: Ghost-Transforming [Controlled by Copperstone's Talisman], Matt's Tool Of Justice (+1 ongoing towards killing Alexi)
Location:Jimmy's Hot-Dog Emporium, Patio

Raymond clasps his hand around yours. “Moore told me enough. You have been living on the streets, sleeping at the church and have been hanging around the wrong kind of people.” You roll your eyes as Moore's populare expression for Morgana is echoed by your uncle.

Raymond notices and continues “Listen.. I know this is quite a shock but you don't need to leave Vancouver or leave your friends. I just... Listen your father and mother were-”

Before Raymond can continue a loud screech of tires is heard and a Red toyota ranger roars to a skidding stop right outside the patio. Two men are in the exterior cab of the car armed with submachine guns open fire on you and Raymond. You are caught with a fry in your mouth as Raymond grabs you, shielding you from fire. Instinct catching up with you you frantically kick the table down to the ground, using it as makeshift cover. A stray bullet from the machine gun tags you in the shoulder.

”MC” posted:

Take 3 harm - 2 for Armor (more on that later). So total 1 harm

You swear up a storm as the bullet grazes your shoulder and you peek out of cover. People are already running around screaming as one of the men reloads and the other covers him. You duck back down but manage to get a glimpse at the driver.. It's a loving ghoul.

You snarl and then notice a pool of red blood forming around you. You look at your grazed shoulder in confusion and then you notice Raymond, his breathing laboured and in quite a lot of pain thanks to the half-dozen bullet holes in him.

”MC” posted:

Raymond acted as 2 armor and took 2 harm as he shielded you from bullets! Awww look he does care for you.

You are in combat and there will be witnesses. Have fun 16 year old kid!

Man #1: Submachine Gun, Close range, Currently doing supressing fire on your cover
Man #2: Submachine Gun, Close range, Currently reloading
Ghoul Drive: ???, Close Range, Currently listening to “Hey man nice shot”

thelazyblank
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!



Blood -1, Heart 1, Mind 1, Spirit 2 | Mortality 1, Night 0, Power 1, Wild 0
Harm 0 00 00 | Corruption XXXX0

Face to a Name posted:

Alanna (TLB) - Yesterday at 11:00 PM
/roll 2d6+1 #Face to DJ Jean-Paul
SidekickBOT - Yesterday at 11:00 PM
@Alanna (TLB): 2d6+1 Face to DJ Jean-Paul = (5+6)+1 = 12
Jean-Paul owes Alanna a debt. +1 Spirit as my advance.

Jean-Paul? I didn't know he was a DJ on some radio station that was completely made up in the recent past. Last I remember, he was a street-level drug dealer who had a problem with some very big addicts. Which means he better give me -everything- I need to know about this Magic FM. Also, that's a terrible name, and they should know better. Probably not important.

"Sounds good, Mom. Look, I've got to go. We can catch up tomorrow, there's a few good breakfast places that Dad'll like. Love you!"

I don't want to be rude to my Mom, but I've got to find out exactly how big this is, who's doing what and why now. None of this is going to be good. Once we finally end the goodbyes, I turn over towards Isabella, waiting until she's off her call herself. "So, Bestie. I don't want to rat you out, but clearly, there's some reason you did this on your own. If you can give me the reason why you didn't just take an army of wizards and burn the book down or whatever."

Green Bean
May 3, 2009



Blood: 0 Heart: -1 Mind: +1 Spirit: +3| Mortality -1, Night 0, Power 2, Wild 1
Harm 0/5 | Corruption 1/5

Olivia took a moment to think, but it didn't take you long to arrive at her conclusion. She set her tea aside and looked at Robby with genuine seriousness. "I've got no problem helping your friend. Honestly, you could've just asked." Olivia's actual decision process was a little more complicated than she made it seem; a mix of regret, guilt, and of course just a dash of arrogance that made her feel like she could figure a way out of whatever dangerous situation Robby could throw at her. But ultimately, it came down to her owing him. She'd hosed up both his life and afterlife, and even if she hadn't done it intentionally, the sheer scale of her gently caress up meant it was a debt she could barely begin to figure out how to repay. What was walking into a deathtrap to that?

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Arguing about anime since 99

Green Bean posted:


Blood: 0 Heart: -1 Mind: +1 Spirit: +3| Mortality -1, Night 0, Power 2, Wild 1
Harm 0/5 | Corruption 1/5 | Location: Olivia's Apartment


Robby almost loses his cool when you agree to the deal. You can see the malevolence in his small eyes as you agree to the deal. Robby hovers over the chair and lays out the problem his friend has encountered.

“So my friend's name is Anna. She's a child ghost like me. “ Robby pauses to glare at you accusingly “ We both had similar problems and she listens to me. But Felix got wind that she left his territority. Felix is possessive of any ghosts that live in his area. So I want you to find her and convince her to come back. I miss her”

Robby hovers forward, through the table, annd puts a small burnt black music sheet on the desk.

“This is something of Anna's. A small piece of her before she became a ghost. You can use it to find her”

Robby hovers back to the chair and sits, crossing his arms and glaring at you.

What do you do?



thelazyblank posted:


Blood -1, Heart 1, Mind 1, Spirit 2 | Mortality 1, Night 0, Power 1, Wild 0
Harm 0 00 00 | Corruption XXXX0 | Location:Alanna's Sanctuary

Isabella shifts on her seat and stares straight at you, her iris's clouded over with white lightning. She goes to grab you hand but manages to grab a salt shaker instead ruining whatever mood she was trying to create.

Cursing Isabella tells you how she's sick with how the wizard council does nothing. When Copperstone mentioned the book was in town she petitioned a wizard army but to no avail, Elias was harping about his new invention could handle even He-Who-Sings. She pulled a few strings and managed to get the lead from Copperstone and together with Lady Glenrose strove to retrieve the book. Ideally, she would have gained the book (And the knowledge within it) and then destroy it.

“So that's the short of it.. I've called a few people and managed to put a hush hush to our whole involvement in the book affair. As far as people are concerned I got blinded by a random attack by some vampire.”

Isabella produces the ring from her pocket.

“So... Unless someone wants to make things complicated for her Bestie, I'd appreciate your silence.”

What do you do?

”MC” posted:

Once again Isabella offers a bribe for your silence at the council meeting later tonight

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Blood +2 | Heart +2 | Mind +0 | Spirit -1 || Mortality +1 | Night +1 | Power -1 | Wild +1
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☒☐☐☐☐ || Location: Conspiracy Central

poo poo, Nick? The U.N.? Talk about a blast from the past... but, y'know, all hosed up and spooky now. Were the leadership always up in the crazy poo poo? What was this motherfuckin' Ghost Busters bullshit and why was my main man dead? Needless to say, I've got a fuckin' burnin' desire to get to the bottom of this poo poo and they better hope they have some answers.

...'Cause I'll shoot 'em if they don't. Hey, sue me. You try bein' all good at subtlety when your past gets tossed at ya like that.

I shuffle through my coat pockets, tap out a cigarette full of Ella's special blend from a crumpled pack, and light it up. It's like smoking the first day of spring. Not a lot still gets through, now that I'm a vamp and all, but Ella's stuff? Always there to take the edge off. I take a long drag, then let the heavy smoke — more like mist, dunno — settle into a pool around my feet. There we are. There's my motherfuckin' zen.

I say, "Aight, aight. Cut that poo poo out with the ghost zapper. You leave Nick outta this mess and give me a few good reasons why I should listen to a couple of toughs in suits, city bein' what it is these days, mebbe I'll be able to help you. You don't..." I let the words hang, then hook a thumb at Nick. "City has a way've keepin' people around. You want to join 'im?"

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 1:37 PM
@Shin-Hye (Tricky): 2d6+2 Persuade the MiBs to stop whatever they're doing to Nick! = (4+6)+2 = 12

Using threats to get them to stop with the ghost zapper and fill Shin-Hye in on the situation... Like, say, why they're after them.

thelazyblank
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!



Blood -1, Heart 1, Mind 1, Spirit 2 | Mortality 1, Night 0, Power 1, Wild 0
Harm 0 00 00 | Corruption XXXX0

I take the ring. No need getting a potential ally all riled up because you don't like how this whole thing started. "As long as you keep me out of it, I'll keep you out of it. Do you think anyone saw you come in here? I mean, I'm probably one of the few wizards in town using a rent-a-sanctum. You think Elias wants He-Who-Sings back out into the world to show his new toy off? Or.. Well, I guess you don't know much right now given that we've been wrapped up for a bit here. Do you need a ride anywhere? My car's still in one piece, mostly because it didn't go into the sewer. I have a few other things I need to get done. Well, probably."

I look down at my phone, grumbling to myself incoherently for a moment. "Way too many things, actually. And, no offense, our potential issues with the council are number three. Behind making sure my parents aren't being brought into town for someone else's nefarious purposes and making sure Copperstone isn't going to put my head on a pike. Fourth if you count that last one both metaphorically and literally. So, um. Do you want that ride or are you okay?"

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

He presumably spends
his time traveling the world, annihilating any rapper foolish enough to challenge him



Blood: 2 Heart: 1 Mind: -2 Spirit: 1 | Mortality: -2 Night: 2 Power: 0 Wild: 2
Harm: X | ▢▢ | ▢▢ | Corruption: X▢▢▢▢
Tags: Ghost-Transforming [Controlled by Copperstone's Talisman], Matt's Tool Of Justice (+1 ongoing towards killing Alexi)

I roll my eyes and sigh as Ray makes clear just how little he knows about my situation. Thanks for at least keeping things ambiguous, Moore. I'm about to tug my hand away when screeching tires make me glance up. loving assholes, slamming their brakes. gently caress, who needs a hot dog that bad?

Then they start shooting. Something slams me in the chest as the bullets whiz past and I tumble back in my chair. I go sprawling on the ground a short distance behind the table, which I notice I at least managed to kick over into some sort of cover on my way down. It's something, but it's not much. I need some breathing room. I tug my gun out of the back of my waistband as I roll up against the table, and that's when I notice all the blood. I didn't think I could even bleed that much blood any more. So where'd it- Oh, gently caress. gently caress. God dammit, Ray, you IDIOT!

"YOU loving SHITFUCK FUCKS," I shout as I lunge over the table, firing at these god drat assholes as I go.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Last Friday at 6:09 PM
@Sal (Randall): 2d6+2 Shooting Man Number 2 = (5+5)+2 = 12
Inflict Terrible Harm

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Arguing about anime since 99

Sal posted:


Blood: 2 Heart: 1 Mind: -2 Spirit: 1 | Mortality: -2 Night: 2 Power: 0 Wild: 2
Harm: X | ▢▢ | ▢▢ | Corruption: X▢▢▢▢
Tags: Ghost-Transforming [Controlled by Copperstone's Talisman], Matt's Tool Of Justice (+1 ongoing towards killing Alexi)
Location:Jimmy's Hot-Dog Emporium, Patio


You lunge over the table and line up a shot. “Hey man nice shot” continues to play as the ghoul driver taps his hands on the steering wheel. Your reolver lets out a loud roar and one of the men goes down. The other one peppers the area by your feet but you remain unharmed. Several civilians run screaming from the hot-dog stand as the ghoul finally notices you and pulls out a large shotgun and aims it at you.

In the distance you see another truck, filled with even more people, whirl around the corner. The men spot you and point at you but the truck comes to a grinding halt.

What do you do?

”MC” posted:

You are still in combat and witnesses are leaving the scene.
The Hot-Dog restaurant is completely empty now

Man #1: Submachine gun, Close Range, On top of the truck, Supressing fire on you
Ghoul Drive: Large Shotgun, Close Range, In cover by the truck, Aiming
A large 1975 Buick is in far range, several men are on it


Dalir posted:




You find yourself running with a blonde in a wedding dress. Behind her is a thin elf, holding a harp and doing the filthiest serenade you have heard in your life time. The blonde spins around and shoots a shotgun at the elf, who takes a beanbag round straight to the face.

“Keep running! I might of told them you were kidnapping me.” Murphy screams as she continues to run away from what is her worst nightmare. She starts frantically dialing a phone number.

In her hand is a book, a book you are quite interested in. Murphy didn't fill you in on the details but apparently she needs to get it to some wizard named Alanna so they can find out where He-Who-Sings song book is. Unfortunately she had to get it as some kind of wedding gift and the would-be bride is skipping town.

“Everything is on fire” Murphy yells into the phone and she is correct. “Found out about the book and may have gotten involved in a wedding ceremony and have to go meet me at Max's in 2 hours.”

Behind you the elf suitor has managed to catch up to you. If one of you don't figure something out quick this is going to get awkward.

What do you do?

Jackie posted:


Well, it was supposed to be a normal day. Then someone called you and notified you of some problems. A hot-dog restaurant in your territory has been targeted by Alexi. You have no idea why but Alexi bailed you and your crew out in the past, you owe him. On the other hand your territory is yours and nobody fucks without your say. So there you are, hanging out in the hot dog emporium when goons start to shoot it up. Next thing you see is a 16 year old girl yell, jump over a table and shoot one of the goons dead.

You spot a 1975 Buick off in the distance, the driver has stopped and the men appear to be setting up a rocket launcher.

What do you do?

”MC” posted:

You are not in combat, but hey you are with Sal so bullets are flying everywhere
The Hot-Dog restaurant is completely empty now

Man #1: Submachine gun, Close Range, On top of the truck, Supressing fire on Sal
Ghoul Drive: Large Shotgun, Close Range, In cover by the truck, Aiming
A large 1975 Buick is in far range, several men are on it



Tricky posted:


Blood +2 | Heart +2 | Mind +0 | Spirit -1 || Mortality +1 | Night +1 | Power -1 | Wild +1
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☒☐☐☐☐ || Location: Conspiracy Central, which is also an alleyway in vancouver

The UN member raises his hand and points to his watch. “Simple banishment spell, standard procedure when dealing with ghosts or illusions. Don't want any confusions.” he tilts his neck until an audible crack comes from it. The guy in the truck talks into a small ear piece and looks with concern at the negotiations that are happening. Both men look exactly the same.

“Once we are gone the apparition will come back.” The man talking to you listens to an earpiece. “Hmm, not a lot of time so let's get to it. U.N. Is interested in your sire Shin-Hye. Who turned you and why?”

What do you do?


thelazyblank posted:


Blood -1, Heart 1, Mind 1, Spirit 2 | Mortality 1, Night 0, Power 1, Wild 0
Harm 0 00 00 | Corruption XXXX0
Location:Alanna's Sanctuary

Isabella mimics looking around and answers your questions. "Even Elias isn't dumb enough to think he can take on He-Who-Sings. No, he is making a political play for power I bet. His homunculus haven't been fully tested but he's working like a madman trying to get the approved. I uhhh, I don't think anyone saw me come here but I could use a ride" She motions to her eyes. Out of the corner of your eye you see Anna heroically mimic driving a car.

Green Bean
May 3, 2009



Blood: 0 Heart: -1 Mind: +1 Spirit: +3| Mortality -1, Night 0, Power 2, Wild 1
Harm 0/5 | Corruption 1/5 | Location: Olivia's Apartment

Olivia deliberately ignored the flash of anger in Robby's eyes. In her opinion it was entirely justified, and she knew better than to waste time with recriminations or apologies. Instead, businesslike, she fetched a small, unscented candle, and placed it in front of her on the table. Then she drew three tarot cards at random and laid them out surrounding the candle - in this case, it was the Five of Pentacles, the Fool, and the Ace of Pentacles. Then, careful not to burn the sheet music any more than it had already been, she held it in between the candle and the cards, casting odd shadows on the tarot faces. She looked carefully at the way it shrouded each image, drawing deep conclusions from them.

quote:

Green Bean - Today at 11:18 PM
/r 2d6+3 #psychometry
SidekickBOT - Today at 11:18 PM
@Green Bean: 2d6+3 psychometry = (6+3)+3 = 12

  • What is the history of this object?
  • Where does this object belong?
  • What secrets or mysteries has this object been privy to?

thelazyblank
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!



Blood -1, Heart 1, Mind 1, Spirit 2 | Mortality 1, Night 0, Power 1, Wild 0
Harm 0 00 00 | Corruption XXXX0 | Location: Car outside Alanna's Sanctum

I turn towards Anna, muttering for a moment. "Do you even know how to drive?" About the same time, I turn toward still-blind Isabella, muttering again. "I was talking to the ghost. I meant if.. Oh, nevermind, where do you want to go? I'll make a call in the car, you may want to hear it anyways." I offer a hand to Isabella to help her out of the place, looking back towards the ghost for a moment. "Are you going to be okay by yourself, I'm talking to the ghost again. If not, you can come with, but I doubt you'd want to be where I'm going."

Once outside, ghost in tow or not, I'll get the car ready to go and start to head out. Luckily, I've got a hands free setup in my car. Or rather, a plastic thing to hold my phone about face level so I can look at my phone and shout into it if needed. Before we get too far, I try to get a hold of Jean-Paul on the number he left me.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Blood +2 | Heart -1 | Mind +0 | Spirit +1 || Mortality +0 | Night +1 | Power -1 | Wild +2
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Location: Hot-Dog Shoot-out

Oh are you loving kidding me right now!? Alexi actually has the motherfucking balls to start a shoot-out in my motherfucking turf!? And all this for loving girl!? Seriously!?

Yea, I owe Alexi, but he knows the rules; you don't gently caress with Haven, and you don't bring assholes with loving rocket launchers to blow up my favorite hot dog place, either! I quickly quick over my table, and use it as cover from all the bullets flying around. I take out my phone, and quickly dial up one of my boys, "Barry? It's Jackie. Listen up; Gather up the rest of the crew an' get 'em over to Jimmy's. poo poo is going down an' I need you all here now!"

I hang up, pocket my phone, and pull out my revolver. I aim at the guy with the submachine gun, and snarl out, "You FUCKERS picked the wrong place to mess with!" before I start unloading on him.

quote:

@Jackie Cage (Hugzilla): 2d6+2 Firing at the submachine gun guy! = (2+1)+2 = 5

Welp. If this counts as jumping into danger without hedging your bets, then I get +1 armor from Reckless!

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Blood +2 | Heart +2 | Mind +0 | Spirit -1 || Mortality +1 | Night +1 | Power -1 | Wild +1
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☒☐☐☐☐ || Location: Conspiracy Central

I shrug, "No fuckin' clue. I figure it was one of the Hollowpoints, but they got me from behind and left me for dead. When I got back up, the place was all cleared out. If the higher-ups at the U.N. knew about all this poo poo goin' on, they didn't figure I needed to know. So I've had to make some new friends to keep things movin' smooth now that I'm a vamp." A beat, another drag on the cigarette, then I ask, "So were you lot the ones beatin' down Ella's door to figure out where I was?"

I may not be shootin' it out with 'em at the moment, but that's just 'cause I'm curious how in the know these fucks are. I'm gonna keep 'em talking, figure this poo poo out, and if they are the ones? Well, time to work 'em over medium.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

*So8*


Dalir Boulos
Blood: 0 | Heart 1 | Mind 1 | Spirit 0 || Mortality: 1 |Night: 0 | Power: 0 | Wild:1 |
Harm: O|OO|OO || Corruption: OOOOO || Location: Far Realm, Endless Church

Dalir sincerely appreciated the work that Murphy had put into helping him get their hands on that book. Not many people are willing to stage a fake wedding with the Fair Folk to help you get what you need. But as he ran through the endless corridors of the Endless Church, in a rented tuxedo and with nothing more than his faithful Magnum to defend himself, he found himself wishing that she had put more thought into their eventual escape. The Church was a self-contained, ever-expanding realm: so long as they kept running, they'd find an endless stream of vaguely religious artwork (whose details were always off somehow: Dalir was pretty sure no mortal faithful would sculpt a Christ with a donkey's head) and no exit. Because you don't leave a Church out of a corridor, you see: you leave it through the main door, after the nave, when the ceremony is over.

As they approached a stained glass window representing something that might or might not have been the Beast of the Apocalypse, an idea for an alternative exit came to Dalir. But first, he needed to get rif of the approaching spouse, or at least for him to hesitate. He stopped, twirled around and whipped out his Magnum.

"Not another step!" He barked. "I have cold iron bullets. You know what's going to happen if I shoot you, don't you?"

The trick with dealing with the fae is that lying is extremely dangerous. If they have an occasion to call you out on it, you're in serious trouble. So Dalir didn't lie: he really does have cold iron bullets...in his workshop at home, second drawer from the left. And a question cannot be a lie, not even a leading one. A clever fae is unlikely to fall for such tricks, but despite what the stories would tell you, not all fae are clever. And this one was harried enough that they might just fall for it.

quote:

Tricking the fae that's chasing me into thinking I'm more dangerous than I am. = (6+4)+1 = 11
I choose to confuse them for some time, to create an opportunity and to avoid further entanglement.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Arguing about anime since 99

Green Bean posted:


Blood: 0 Heart: -1 Mind: +1 Spirit: +3| Mortality -1, Night 0, Power 2, Wild 1
Harm 0/5 | Corruption 1/5 | Location: Olivia's Apartment

As if in rhythm the radio crackles each time you place a tarot card. Nine of cups, The tower. Each card a note in a radio. A Sweet sweet black song starts to play in your mind, in the radio and suddenly you are thrust into the song.

You see Anna in a white dress on a large concert stage. The stage is empty save for a tall black.. thing.. wearing a plague doctors mask. Anna is singing a sweet song her voice a mix of litanies and sweets whispers. Just as the song is about to hit its crescendo the plauge doctor takes a step forward and stabs her with a knife. You see the blood pour into the knife, its handle hollow and transparent. Anna lets out one last gasp and drops to the floor, her body bloodless.

The figure takes out the knife and lays out a blank book. They frantically start scribbling music notes on the blank book. A morose song written in Anna's blood. As you start to come back to the real world your mind graps at the song, you think you could sing it if you tried hard enough.

”MC” posted:

Gain a corruption!
This is one of He-Who-Sings songs (It's burnt though, hard to read)! It belongs in he-who-sings songbook. You have found out how He-Who-Sings composes his song, and you gain a new custom move!

Sing the sweet sweet black song
Target a character and sing the sweet sweet black song
Roll with Spirit, there can be no holds or forwards spent on this roll.
On a miss: Confront your darkest Self
7-9: You see what the targets darkest self is. Choose from the list
Learn what there darkest self is
Gain a +1 in manipulating them

The MC will pick from this list
A countdown clock “Confront your Darkest Self” ticks down
Characters fear you as you sing the sweet sweet black song. One person immediately becomes hostile to you as they recognize the song.

11+
Choose from the above list. In addition there is one item added to the list
Gain a hold, you may use a corruption move from the characters playbook (paying all costs)




Robby looks at you, a mix of malevoence and fear in his eyes. You realize your hand has crushed the burn music page. What was once a page is now little but ash. You look around and hear Anna singing... You might be able to follow the song.

What do you do?

”MC” posted:

So bunch of things happened here, feel free to not follow the song. You have an object that belong to Anna, you might be able to get a wizard to use it and track things. Or you could go to Anna yourself and ask her wtf that was all about



thelazyblank posted:


Blood -1, Heart 1, Mind 1, Spirit 2 | Mortality 1, Night 0, Power 1, Wild 0
Harm 0 00 00 | Corruption XXXX0 | Location: Car outside Alanna's Sanctum

Anna decides to come along and hovers at the top of the car, out of sight. Every so often she peers over as you make a turn or adjust the radio. You dial Jean-Pauls number

”MC” posted:

Hey lets meet up on discord and do the phone conversation!

Hanging up the phone you smack the radio as it starts to emit static. A weird black haze spits out from it, a dangerous magical aura. You pull back and realize that the aura is coming from Anna, her ghostly form vomiting out black ichor that is feeding into the radio...

What do you do?



Tardzilla posted:


Blood +2 | Heart -1 | Mind +0 | Spirit +1 || Mortality +0 | Night +1 | Power -1 | Wild +2
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Location: Hot-Dog Shoot-out


You take aim and one of the goons notices just as you press the trigger. The goons show an amazing display of nerves under fire and they duck and scatter. Your shot goes wide and a hail of gunfire is the goons response. Bits of debris and dust surround you as the bullets continue to hammer your position in fatal rhythm. These goons must have been better armed and better trained then the one shooting on the poor 16 year old kid. Out of the corner of your eye you see a goon carefully go for the rocket launcher. Another one appears to be trying to flank you.

What do you do?

”MC” posted:

You are suppressed, if you hop out of cover you will get nailed by a bullet.
ENEMIES HERE:
Group (Small) of better-than-average mooks: CLOSE range, currently supressing you
Rocket Launcher guy: CLOSE range, currently picking up the rocket launcher
Flanking Guy: CLOSE range, moving closer and closer to you on the sides


Tricky posted:


Blood +2 | Heart +2 | Mind +0 | Spirit -1 || Mortality +1 | Night +1 | Power -1 | Wild +1
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☒☐☐☐☐ || Location: Conspiracy Central


The man gives you a cold look as you answer his question. Just as he is about to speak his partner yells out

“Got another one, 27th Avenue, Mid-level signature”

The man in front of you curses and reaches inside his pocket. Realizing what he's doing he looks at you and slowly pulls out a wallet. He reaches inside it with exaggerated caution and hands you a business card.

“We were asking about you at the fae's place. Some of your old team members want to talk about your disappearance. You can meet us at this location, ask for Mike.”

The location on the business card is a small bar named Max's. You have heard of it before, a small bar. The man turns and goes walking back to the van.

What do you do?


paradoxGentleman posted:

Dalir Boulos
Blood: 0 | Heart 1 | Mind 1 | Spirit 0 || Mortality: 1 |Night: 0 | Power: 0 | Wild:1 |
Harm: O|OO|OO || Corruption: OOOOO || Location: Far Realm, Endless Church


The elf suitor halts as you finish your sentence, his blond hair resting easily on his handsome face. His harp twangs nervously as he speaks to you

“Don't forget we know who you are mortal! You signed the guest book of enchanted names, those who sign it will be forever remembered to all fae. Should you strike me down my mother, Duchess of Blossom, would have your head! Now return my fiance to me!”

Murphy shakes her head in terror and looks ready to bolt at a moments notice. Looks like you got your moment of hesitation.

What do you do?

”MC” posted:

Ouch, looks like the fae will remember you. Your trick succeeded though!

Exmond fucked around with this message at Oct 29, 2017 around 22:57

thelazyblank
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!



Blood -1, Heart 1, Mind 1, Spirit 2 | Mortality 1, Night 0, Power 1, Wild 0
Harm 0 00 00 | Corruption XXXX0 | Location: Alanna's Car

Well, this is not a very good predicament. Not sure I can pull it over right now, because the creature may be possessing Anna. Or using Anna as a source of energy. Either way, I'm going to need to figure out what is going on and keep the driving simple. Just need to focus on what's actually going on here, without crashing my car. Just need to open my hidden sight and communicate with Anna. Slow down my car, doing a good impersonation of my mother driving.

"Anna, can you still talk to me? Tell me what's going on? In case you can't sense it, the car radio's being possessed through my new ghost friend. That was for.. Oh, nevermind!"

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 7:20 PM
@Alanna (TLB): 2d6+2 Opening The Third Eye = (1+2)+2 = 5

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Arguing about anime since 99

thelazyblank posted:


Blood -1, Heart 1, Mind 1, Spirit 2 | Mortality 1, Night 0, Power 1, Wild 0
Harm 0 00 00 | Corruption XXXX0 | Location: Alanna's Car

Well, this is not a very good predicament. Not sure I can pull it over right now, because the creature may be possessing Anna. Or using Anna as a source of energy. Either way, I'm going to need to figure out what is going on and keep the driving simple. Just need to focus on what's actually going on here, without crashing my car. Just need to open my hidden sight and communicate with Anna. Slow down my car, doing a good impersonation of my mother driving.

"Anna, can you still talk to me? Tell me what's going on? In case you can't sense it, the car radio's being possessed through my new ghost friend. That was for.. Oh, nevermind!"

A moment of concentration and you open your eyes to see the world as it is. Anna is vomiting out music notes, the notes coming from deep within her soul. The music notes are drawn into the nearest music receptacle and are being transmitted somewhere downtown. It almost looks like something is trying to track Anna down. Anna herself is okay, but she can't stop this. This is something dark.. Something evil. Something black and sweet. A song starts playing , faintly in your mind. Isabella slams something in your ears and the sound suddenly stops. You turn around and are blinded by.. car headlights. A loud CRUNCH is heard as your car smashes into oncoming traffic and spins out of control. You groan and Isabella haphazardly grabs your face and asks "Are you allright? Do you know what that was? That was one of He-Who-Sings songs!"

Isabella looks around frantically, her sight activated as you see the low thrum of power reverberate through her. Her ears are stuffed with some kind of herb poultice.

An angry knock hits your window and you bring your head up from your steering wheel and see an angry overweight man motioning to his ruined monte carlo...



MC posted:

Ouch, car is totalled and needing some repair! The cops show up and give you a lift to anywhere you wanna go. Feel free to continue the scene here if you wish.

Exmond fucked around with this message at Nov 5, 2017 around 19:42

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

*So8*


Dalir Boulos
Blood: 0 | Heart 1 | Mind 1 | Spirit 0 || Mortality: 1 |Night: 0 | Power: 0 | Wild:1 |
Harm: O|OO|OO || Corruption: OOOOO || Location: Far Realm, Endless Church

Dalir's gun was still pointed at the elf for several seconds; then he pulls it up. "Well, I'd hate to upset the Duchess." Then he grabs Murphy's hand. "For what it's worth, it was a lovely ceremony."

And then, dragging Murphy behind him, he jumps through the stained glass window, arm protecting his face from stray glass shards, eyes squinting at the shifting landscape of the Far Realm.

quote:

My roll to escape the situation: @Dalir Boulos (PXGentleman): 2d6 = (2+5) = 7
I choose to suffer harm and land in another, different dangerous situation! But at least I'm outta there, with both book and Murphy.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Blood +2 | Heart +2 | Mind +0 | Spirit -1 || Mortality +1 | Night +1 | Power -1 | Wild +1
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☒☐☐☐☐ || Location: Conspiracy Central

I watch 'em go. They're gonna get the boot, don't you worry... but not now. I want to figure out just how bad my past is comin' back before I burn that poo poo to the ground. And, hell, they said Nick would fuzz back in when they left, right? Might as well catch up with him and see just what sort of poo poo's been going down since I hit the shadows.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

He presumably spends
his time traveling the world, annihilating any rapper foolish enough to challenge him



Blood: 2 Heart: 1 Mind: -2 Spirit: 1 | Mortality: -2 Night: 2 Power: 0 Wild: 2
Harm: X | ▢▢ | ▢▢ | Corruption: XX▢▢▢
Tags: Ghost-Transforming [Controlled by Copperstone's Talisman], Matt's Tool Of Justice (+1 ongoing towards killing Alexi)

I sneer as the first goon crumples in the truck's bed. gently caress him. Piece of poo poo opens fire on a hot dog stand, he gets what he deserves. And hey, they don't even need to move his body to get it out of here. I'm a regular loving samaritan.

I vault over another table, moving towards the truck. The gunfire must be echoing hard because I think I hear it coming from everywhere, not just the truck, but I put the thought from my mind. I've just got one focus right now, and it's making sure these shits won't be peeling out before I can get some loving answers out of them. I tumble underneath another table and flip it over between me and them, just to get a second to breathe. Then I plant a foot on the table's back, inhale, and kick it over, unloading more slugs at the driver's window as I make another charge.

Sidekick Bot posted:

@Sal (Randall): 2d6+2 Committing Ghoulish Violence = (3+3)+2 = 8
[B]Inflict Serious Harm, Find Yourself In A Bad Position

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Blood +2 | Heart -1 | Mind +0 | Spirit +1 || Mortality +0 | Night +1 | Power -1 | Wild +2
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Location: Hot-Dog Shoot-out

Motherfucker! These guys aren't loving around, are they? I gotta hold on for a little while longer, long enough for Barry to bring some back-up. poo poo, if only there was a full-moon out, I would've torn right through these fuckers.

gently caress, okay, I gotta do something about that rear end in a top hat with the rocket launcher. I'll deal with the other fucks later. I am my revolver at the goon picking up the rocket launcher, and...

quote:

@Jackie Cage (Hugzilla): 2d6+2 Is it time for Wolf Violence? = (2+3)+2 = 7

Inflicting Serious Harm on the rocket launcher guy, and putting myself in a bad position!

...Start unloading into the guy. Let's see him fire the thing after he's been filled with bullets.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Arguing about anime since 99

Tardzilla posted:


Blood +2 | Heart -1 | Mind +0 | Spirit +1 || Mortality +0 | Night +1 | Power -1 | Wild +2
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Location: Hot-Dog Shoot-out

You snap off a quick shot at the rocket launcher guy but the mooks are prepared. As you bring up your gun several bullets slam into you, and you clench in pain. You do see the guy manning the rocket launcher go down , clutching his stomach, and you frantically level a few more shots before you dive into cover.

”MC” posted:

Take ( 3 base -1 for reckless) 2 harm

Your shoulder is heavily bleeding from the bullet wound. Gunpowder and shrapnel is exploding all around you. A loud crack alerts you just in time to notice a goon taking position to your right flank. He unleashes a couple of rounds into your location. The patio table you were using for cover is in ruins and you are exposed.

You hear the sounds of police sirens in the distance and the goon to your right pauses momentarily.

What do you do?

”MC” posted:

I did say you were suppressed. Your goons will arrive in 1 more round, probably. And the police will follow soon after
ENEMIES HERE:
Group (Small) of better-than-average mooks: CLOSE range,
Flanking Guy: CLOSE range, he now has a clear shot on you




Tricky posted:


Blood +2 | Heart +2 | Mind +0 | Spirit -1 || Mortality +1 | Night +1 | Power -1 | Wild +1
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☒☐☐☐☐ || Location: Conspiracy Central


The UN goon hops into the van and it screeches off into the day. Nick fades back into existence and lets out a frustrated snarl as he grabs his hat. He puts it on and hovers by the wall of the allyeway as he hunts for a pack of cigarettes that are no longer in his jacket.

“Listen kid, made some deals did some things and welp... I'm back from the dead. So lets cut to the chase.”

Nick goes over his story. He was murdered a couple of months ago, about a week or two after you disappeared. Thanks to some “connections” he was able to come back, but only if you were in trouble. And now he's shown up in ghost form.. which means you are in a heck of a lot of trouble.

”MC” posted:

Congratulations you are being haunted, but its the friendly kind of haunting that won't backfire on you at all. Nick is here to keep you out of trouble and will be permanently attached to you


RandallODim posted:


Blood: 2 Heart: 1 Mind: -2 Spirit: 1 | Mortality: -2 Night: 2 Power: 0 Wild: 2
Harm: X | ▢▢ | ▢▢ | Corruption: XX▢▢▢
Tags: Ghost-Transforming [Controlled by Copperstone's Talisman], Matt's Tool Of Justice (+1 ongoing towards killing Alexi)


The ghouls head snaps back and blood splatters by the truck. A few more shots and the ghoul's body resembles swiss cheese. As your crouch by a table to reload you think you hear police sirens. Suddenly you hear a howling sound as the blood to your brain is cut off. The goon on the truck has you in his grasp and is choking you out.

What do you do?

”MC” posted:

Enemies Here:
Goon, hand range. Choking you out
Your gun is out of ammo!



paradoxGentleman posted:

Dalir Boulos
Blood: 0 | Heart 1 | Mind 1 | Spirit 0 || Mortality: 1 |Night: 0 | Power: 0 | Wild:1 |
Harm: O|OO|OO || Corruption: OOOOO || Location: Far Realm, Veranda of diplomacy


Glass shards fly everywhere as you jump out the window. The glass painting of the beast lets our an angry roar and the fae realm shifts. Stars fills your eyes, darkness and then you land on a grassy hill. Murphy lands with less grace and hits the dirt face first.

You look around and see yourself next to a veranda. Seated there is a woman with white hair and a blue dress sitting on a tiny metal chair. She looks angrily at the person seated opposite her, a black women with horns wearing an auburn dress.

“So Copperstone, in regards to our relationship I hope you will accept this gift” The woman slides a box and gives a mocking smile as she says the last word.

The women in blue, Copperstone you realize, stiffens and glares at the fae. She remains quiet and the horned women continues speaking.

“Oh I'm sorry.. I forgot about your condition. Well I suppose I'll have to tell the duchess that you refused our gift. “Oh Ella” she will say “This will just bring war”.”

Ella gets up and takes the box. She turns and notices you and lets out a small laugh. Copperstone glares and then her eyes go wide as she notices you. As Ella fades into the fae realm Copperstone marches up to you, murder in her eyes.

What do you do?

”MC” posted:

Gonna hold onto that inflict harm for a scene here.

Exmond fucked around with this message at Nov 5, 2017 around 22:10

thelazyblank
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!



Blood -1, Heart 1, Mind 1, Spirit 2 | Mortality 1, Night 0, Power 1, Wild 0
Harm 0 00 00 | Corruption XXXX0 | Location: Alanna's Car

I don't know is Isabella knows anything about traditional medicine, but this whole thing just got infinitely more complicated. Especially since now I won't have a car for the next few days at least. The ringing in my ears stops long enough to mention the song on the radio. "Yeah, that's what I thought but I wanted to see how it was attached to or affecting our.. What did you stick in my ears? Where's Anna?"

As the man comes to the door, I gently open it, not even bothering to try to operate anything else on the car. "Sorry. My friend here, as you can tell, she's blind and she sort of knocked something over and I panicked." And there go my insurance rates. Still, better that than possibly end up in a psych ward mumbling about He-Who-Sings and spooky radio nonsense. I could pretend to get really mad, but I'm pretty sure it's my fault trying to do way too much at once. "Is everyone else all right?" I say to whoever can hear me.

OOC posted:

This'll mostly be a Dump Info If Possible scene, but yeah, as soon as everyone's ready, it's bar time.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

He presumably spends
his time traveling the world, annihilating any rapper foolish enough to challenge him



Blood: 2 Heart: 1 Mind: -2 Spirit: 1 | Mortality: -2 Night: 2 Power: 0 Wild: 2
Harm: X | ▢▢ | ▢▢ | Corruption: X X X▢▢
Tags: Ghost-Transforming [Controlled by Copperstone's Talisman], Matt's Tool Of Justice (+1 ongoing towards killing Alexi)
Location: An Increasingly Shut-Down Hot Dog Stand

"Well this sucks," I think as I dig at the last goon's meaty fingers wrapped around my throat. Dead people don't care so much about chokeholds, but it's not worth much when this idiot'll probably crush my neck before he ever realizes that. I keep prying for a few moments, but when an rear end in a top hat's got fifteen years and a whole ton of muscle on you there's only so much you can expect to do hands-on. So instead of wasting energy fighting more, I go limp. Drop my bullets and gun, buckle my knees, just a full-body slump. Playing dead's an old trick, but this guy seems dumb enough to buy it. Most people are too scared of hurting themselves on a fall to commit like you need to make someone believe, but, hey, being for-real dead solves that one pretty nicely. Now I just gotta hope this fucker's as stupid as he looks...

Sidekick Bot posted:

@Sal (Randall): 2d6-2 Playing Possum = (4+5)-2 = 7
Create Opportunity, Expose Weakness

Green Bean
May 3, 2009



Blood: 0 Heart: -1 Mind: +1 Spirit: +3| Mortality -1, Night 0, Power 2, Wild 1
Harm 0/5 | Corruption 2/5 | Location: Olivia's Apartment

Frowning, Olivia shook her head to clear it of visions - or at least to let the part of her that could see the here and now have access to her senses again. The song was ringing in her head, and she felt like she could sing it if she really wanted. Which was weird, because historically she'd been a terrible singer; Louis had been the one in her family with the actual singing voice, she was the one who got asked to stop on karaoke night. She tried to get her thoughts in order, and fortunately, the glowering face of Robby was like a wet slap in the face by reality. "How much do you know about Anna before she became a ghost? I just saw her die and...I have a lot of questions."

Even as she said that, she had her phone out and started typing a text for Alanna:

Do you have five minutes? I need a consult about magic music/that weird song on the radio.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Arguing about anime since 99

RandallODim posted:


Blood: 2 Heart: 1 Mind: -2 Spirit: 1 | Mortality: -2 Night: 2 Power: 0 Wild: 2
Harm: X | ▢▢ | ▢▢ | Corruption: X X X▢▢
Tags: Ghost-Transforming [Controlled by Copperstone's Talisman], Matt's Tool Of Justice (+1 ongoing towards killing Alexi)
Location: An Increasingly Shut-Down Hot Dog Stand

You fall down limp and the goon continues to wrap his fingers around your throat, even though you are playing dead. You head starts to feel light headed and your body sends warning signs but you maintain your trick. A few seconds later and the goon lets out a huff of victory and carries you, fireman style.



"MC posted:


Take a -1 Forward for your next action as you got choked out!




You open your eyes and see that the goon is carrying you towards the truck. Off in the distance, you see another shootout, this one looking more vicious and bloody. You vaguely hear the sounds of police sirens approaching.


"Ah poo poo. Garry!" The goon says as he notices the ghoul, now quite dead, lying by the truck. "Hey man nice shot" continues to play on the truck speakers.



"N...NOooo" A weak voice interrupts and you silently curse as you see Raymond crawling towards you through a pool of his own blood. His face is pale and he needs immediate medical attention. Your Raven is hovering over him, their eyes deep pool of blackness.



The goon turns to face Raymond and laughs "Sorry buddy. Alexi said no witnesses". He starts to pull out a gun and aims at Raymond.

What do you do?

MC posted:


Enemies:

Group (Small) of better than average mooks: LONGE range, currently shooting at someone in cover

Mook whos about to be in a world of pain: Hand range, Currently about to shoot Raymond

Flanking Mook: Far range, they are sneaking up on someone and shooting at them



Green Bean posted:


Blood: 0 Heart: -1 Mind: +1 Spirit: +3| Mortality -1, Night 0, Power 2, Wild 1
Harm 0/5 | Corruption 2/5 | Location: Olivia's Apartment


Robby hover through the door and starts pacing, phasing through the table. He's nervous but he answers

"I don't know a lot. I wasn't with her when she died and we.. we met when we were both ghosts. Both of us had a similar story. Parents died was caused by someone incompetent." Robby's ghost form flickers red as he glares at you, hatred emanating from his form.

"Her mother died, as involved in some kind of hostage situation. Someone named Moore hosed up her life... Anna and I were close but.. she never talked about it.." Robby stops mid sentence and breathes in. His fist clenched in fury. The table starts to shake. "Adults always ruin children's lives. They interfere, they get in the way." Paintings start to fall from your apartment. The iron horse-shoe falls down and lands by your doorstep.



Robby glares at you, literal fire in his eyes. "So what I know is that someone like Warren hosed up just like you did! An adult hosed up and somebody died AGAIN!". Your front door splinters, glasses shatter and the whole room shakes as Robby lets out a ghostly wail. The yell shatters through your skull and you cover your ears. When you look up again Robby has dissapeared.



What do you do?

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

*So8*


Dalir Boulos
Blood: 0 | Heart 1 | Mind 1 | Spirit 0 || Mortality: 1 |Night: 0 | Power: 0 | Wild:1 |
Harm: O|OO|OO || Corruption: OOOOO || Location: Copperstone's office

Dalir raises his hand in the universal gesture for 'peace', taking a step away from the furious fae. "Hey, hey! If you send me in the Far realm without an exit planned, you can't complain if I have to make my own!"

Copperstone pauses, momentarily confused and then seems to come to her senses.. "You... You wanted to find the book... What the hell are you doing here?"

The human points at the book in Murphy's hand. "We did get it; but we had to improvise the getaway. Faerie weddings have pretty tight security, as it turns out."

Copperstone looks around, finally getting her bearings. 'She was really out of it', thinks Dalir as the security expert looks at Murphy, who is still in the process of cleaning herself up. Finally, she speaks.
"That book needs to be cleansed. Then once you give it to me I can use it to locate the songbook." Copperstone chooses her words carefully, lest she accidentally summon someone or something she would rather not deal with. "I've made arrangements for a wizard friend to help with that. Now, the way I see it your stuck here. And you need a way out. I can get you out, but it will cost you. I hope you can keep quiet on what you heard today?"

Dalir allows himself to think it over for a few moments. He doesn't like the idea of leaving his lead to He-Who-Sings in Copperstone's hands. "How much time will it take you to purify the book? I need a lead on... my old adversary's songbook sooner rather than later."

"The wizard Alanna will purify the book, I have no idea how long it takes wizards to do these things. We are dealing with an adversary that nearly caused the downfall of Vancouver. I very much doubt we will find him in the phonebook"

While the fae talks, Ella makes her way to Dalir's side, ready to intervene should Copperstone try anything.
"It's not like you to leave loose ends like this Copperstone... Are you getting sloppy?" She's just as mocking as Dalir remembers.

"I am willing to accept the deal, Copperstone, but I want to make one thing clear. If you try to short me out on your end or pull a fast one on me, then I'm going to pay you back in kind. That is to say, if I don't hear from you soon about the location of the songbook, I'm going to consider myself free to talk about what I've seen with anyone."
He turns to Ella and smiles. "Assuming you don't have about problem with that, Ella. You don't seem to share our host's nervousness in the subject"

Ella lets out a sly smile. "Nervousness about what? A trifle over a silly musicians songbook? Oh no Santa-De-Labra might not be able to sing" It's obvious that she has no idea what you two are talking about. Copperstone reaches over and glares at Dalir, and then digs her nails into and easily through, his suit jacket. "Lets go" she says, warning in her voice.

Dalir doesn't let himself be intimidated. "Yes, let's. I believe I have made my point." Copperstone grabs him by the suit jacket "Ill need to hold onto you." She explains and starts summoning up a dark portal. Ella waves goodbye and motions to his suit jacket. He pats his jacket and feels a cellphone inside. Ella mimes "Call-me" just as he steps through the portal.

And right then, the fae grabs him by the throat. The portal moves into darkness and as he hammers against Copperstone, and she tightens her grip. Cold winds brush against him and just as his conciousness wavers Copperstone lets go of her grip and drops you onto the stone tile of her office.
He massages his throat. Perhaps it hadn't been wise to challenge her like that; but it was better than risk her taking more than a mortal lifetime in getting the book ready. Still, the day wasn't over yet; he had to see a certain wizard in a certain bar.

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at Nov 12, 2017 around 14:10

thelazyblank
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!



Blood -1, Heart 1, Mind 1, Spirit 2 | Mortality 1, Night 0, Power 1, Wild 0
Harm 0 00 00 | Corruption XXXX0 | Location: Outside Alanna's Car

My ears are.. not beeping, no. That's my phone. Olivia too? Might as well invite everyone I know to the bar to meet up at this rate.

[fixed]Alright, can you give me a ride? That song on the radio just helped total my car. Need to get a friend home then get to a bar. How private and fast is this going to be?[fixed]

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Blood +2 | Heart +2 | Mind +0 | Spirit -1 || Mortality +1 | Night +1 | Power -1 | Wild +1
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☒☐☐☐☐ || Location: Conspiracy Central

I clap Nick on the back — or at least try to, my arm phasin' through him — and say, "Well, poo poo, sounds like things are goin' to be gettin' worse than the time we were in that turf war with the Red Scorpions. But, all that aside, seems like game's changed since we were runnin'. The UN's all spooky and poo poo now with that ghostbusters tech, I'm a fuckin' vamp, you're a fuckin' ghost..." I shake my head. "Fuckin' weird-rear end city. Alright, poo poo, I think we gotta check out this bar. They obviously got my number, might as well walk inta that knowin' it's going to be a fuckin' mess and pick up what info we can. Better than lettin' em run me down again."

I shake my head, "Well, poo poo. Days like this make me wish I could still drink. C'mon, I'm parked over here."

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Arguing about anime since 99

Olivia



A sneaking suspicion grows as you drive to Alanna's car wreck. The music notes make driving awkward, you have to brush them aside, and you are driving towards them. As you pull over onto the sidewalk your suspicions are confirmed. The music notes seem to be coming around something, or someone near Alanna. It's not coming exactly from her, but it's near here. Somehow Anna's music signal has brought you to Alanna.



The drive to the bar is awkward and thankfully short. Isabella, Alanna's friend, lives nearby and only takes a few minutes to get to. The bar is located in one of the seedier areas of Burnaby and takes about 15 minutes to get to. As you park you check to make sure your car is locked. Your car rumbles a protective, hellfire-spawned growl as you leave. You continue walking, having gotten used to the magical enhancements Murphy added to your car when she fixed it. Both of you walk towards the bar. noticing the sign Alexanders sitting by the curb. You enter the bar and are greeted by a sight you are sure you aren't going to forget easily.



Alanna

Anna's musical vomit has turned into musical hiccups. The ghost lets out little yelps that emit out musical notes that dance on the air. It would be almost cute if it wasn't some complicated tracking spell. You watch as your car, and savings, are towed away. Isabella offers to help you out with some of the car costs, which makes your financial situation go from dead-rear end broke to just broke. A headache that has been plaguing you for a few days comes back.



The car ride is awkward. Olivia keeps swatting at invisible flies, as far as you can tell. There are a few times you are sure you smell sulphur coming out of Olivia's car. But the ride is short and Isabella is dropped off. Anna still follows you, invisible to all but you, and lets out little musical burps now and then. Olivia's car rumbles up to the bar and she parks it and gets out. As you close your door and follow you hear the meanest growl you have ever heard in your life. You turn around, wizardly instruments at the ready, but just see a dog running away from Olivia's car. You enter the bar and see a scene you will not easily forget.



Shin-Hye:

You and Nick get easily back into the routine that only an old partnership can form.

MC posted:


Shin-Hye, how was your relationship with Nick. I mean he's a guy that literally made a deal to look after you after he died. Was it fatherly concern? Something a little bit more? Or just blood-brothers for life?


You notice that whenever you bring up any troubles or concerns you have that Nick's form grows more material. More.. earthly. And the air around you gets colder and Nick's eyes get misty. You take note of it and back off of any conversation about your troubles. After a few minutes, you arrive at the bar and enter and immediately spot your man. It's not hard to follow, one half of the bar has a wedding party, the drunk bride slapping people on the back as her husband the other half of the bar is quiet. Criminals and tricksters trying to keep a low profile and away from the eyes of 4 large men and women in business suits. They are guarding a booth where a large pot-bellied man sits. You look at the other half of the bar, con men, tricksters and criminals all laughing and having a good time. And then you have this, 4 bouncers guarding a piece of poo poo. This is definitely your guy.



Dali Boulos

Needing a ride and going to go see the same person Murphy gives you a ride in her 1994 Subaru. The Subaru is more rusty, angry monster than car, you think it actually roared as another car tried to pass you on the highway. Murphy, still in her wedding dress, hits up idle conversation and talks about working for Copperstone, how to avoid getting choked out and that one time she beat up some monsters to the musical inclination of Blue Swede. Though the ride is long it seems to pass by quickly. Within moments you are at the bar. And you wish you were elsewhere. The bar has large metal grills over broken up windows and bullet holes accent the masonry work. Murphy enthusiastically opens the door to the bar, ushering you into what she explains is the best part of Vancouver. Criminals, Trickster and killers turn around to look at the pair of you, their mouths agape and their eyes wide.



"Holy poo poo Murphy you got married!"



Still clad in your suit and Murphy still wearing her wedding dress you two do look like a couple. A couple from outer space but a couple never-the-less. Murphy quickly slaps some of them up behind the ears and explains the situation. You sit down at the bar.



"Errr, sorry about that," Murphy says as she shoos away one of the less savoury women that clutch one of your arms. "The gang here is all interested in my love life since my husband left me." She looks a bit forlornly at her dress and if on cue, the proportion of the bar Nick (Who you later learn took over the bar after his boyfriend Alexander ran away) slides down two beers down the bar. Murphy catches one and the other slides by you.



MC posted:


Daaaw, Murphy is opening up. If you want you could have an intimate moment with murphy talking about her Ex and you talking about an old story. You could trigger your intimacy move if you wish. If Murphy triggers her intimacy move she will gain a debt on you.




After a bit of time, the sound of a car engine sputtering splits the conversation in the bar. Everyone appears to be on edge, the sound eerily tingling the nerves of the clientele. Murphy continues laughing and after a tense moment the conversation picks up again. Then the entrance door opens up and you see two people. Murphy is too busying rousing with the occupants of the bar to notice, but you see two women clearly out of place.





Shin-Hye, Olivia, Alanna and Dalir

A vampire, Oracle, Wizard, Tainted and a Veteran all meet at a bar. A great start to a joke but it's more like a prank. Max's is a dive bar to end all dive bars. The sign outside has fallen off and lays by the street, rusted and antiquated. The sign identified the bar as "Alexanders" but everyone refers it to as Max's. When you enter you see a collection of the worst humanity has to offer. Con men, criminals and scum call the bar home, some of them literally sleep at the bar.



Sitting at the bar, slapping people on the back and clearly in her element is Murphy, clad in a dirty wedding dress. Next to her is a fine-dressed gentleman in a suit, clearly not liking being where he is. Anytime one of the less savoury women of the bar approaches him, Murphy shoo's them away. That part of the bar is loud and rambunctious.



Off in the corner, the bar quiet downs and the reason is 4 large, tough looking men and women in business suits. The men stand there glaring at the approaching dust that seems to avoid them. They also glare at anyone who dares to approach. Next to them is a single booth where a large pot-bellied man sits, occasionally sipping something alcoholic and brown. Several of his teeth are missing and one of his eyes is lazy, it rolls around seeing everything and yet seeing nothing.



What do you do?



MC posted:


Okay bit of a complicated scene here. Murphy and Dalir arrive at the bar first and are at the bar, sharing drinks and getting hit on. Shin-Hye arrives next and is setup to meet up with Mike. Alanna and Olivia arrive last

Have fun! We do have the discord In-game-Conversation channel if you want to do real time chats there.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Blood +2 | Heart -1 | Mind +0 | Spirit +1 || Mortality +0 | Night +1 | Power -1 | Wild +2
Harm: X | X ▢ | ▢▢ | || Corruption: X☐☐☐☐ || Location: Hot-Dog Shoot-out

Son of a loving bitch! loving hell, that stings! I got the guy with the rocket launcher, but Christ!

I'm in a bad spot. A really bad spot. My arm is bleeding, my cover is gone, and I've got a rain of bullets heading my way. poo poo, gently caress! Where the gently caress is Barry!?

I gotta move. Gotta get myself to a safer position. At times like this, times when I look absolutely hosed, the best thing I can do... is let it take over. I try not to let it out of it's cage that much, but I don't really have that much of a choice now. I have to rely on it to get me out of this situation. I take that one moment, that one, brief, moment, while they're all distracted, to quickly collect myself, and try to ignore all the pain I'm in. I take a deep breathe, and the next thing I know, it has taken over my body.

My body starts moving, less like a normal human, and more like a beast guided by it's instincts. It wants to fight them, to tear right into their flesh, and make them regret the day they hurt us, but I force it to move us to somewhere safe instead. It moves, dodging all the incoming bullets in unnatural ways, and by the time I'm in control again, I'm in a much better spot now, behind another table for cover. I'm still being shot at, but at least I'm not being flanked anymore. Now the only thing left to do is to wait for Barry to finally loving get here with the rest of the crew.

Seriously, where the gently caress is that guy!?

quote:

@Jackie Cage (Hugzilla): 2d6+2 escaping the situation! = (1+6)+2 = 9

Marking corruption, and owing someone a debt for my escape!

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Blood +2 | Heart +2 | Mind +0 | Spirit -1 || Mortality +1 | Night +1 | Power -1 | Wild +1
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☒☐☐☐☐ || Location: Max's

Mm, you want to know how things were with me and Nick? Not sure there's much to tell, but I ain't hiding anything. He was my in, way back when I got started in the business. I was just a punk-rear end kid back then, standin' watch on deals and, eventually, runnin' the count. Nick? Nick was the head of our little section of town. So, yeah, things between us were pretty tight. He was my mentor, I guess, and I fuckin' blew his socks off with how hungry I was. He got me in, but it wasn't that long before we were runnin' things together. He's a real solid guy. Ya gotta be to pull something like that spooky ghost crap, right? But me, I've got ambition. I've got drive. I've got all the poo poo that was supposed to take us to the top.

Funny how things work out. Still, I got my people, I got my turf, and now I've got my partner. poo poo's lookin' up for Shin-Hye's crew. God, I really need to figure out a catchy name. None of that red or moon crap, though, that brand is hella diluted. I mean, much love to Ivy and her pack, but that ain't gonna get the recognition when every two-bit spook is runnin' with a name like that.

Alright, alright. Enough yammerin' about the past. I'm here at this shithole bar, where there's a fuckin' marriage celebration goin' down, and I need to talk to this Mike scumbag. I ain't too pleased with how the UN's been throwin' down so far, but if they're in the know... It might be a drat good bridge to keep unburned. Still gotta boot a few motherfuckers, though, but that really goes without sayin'. I ain't about to be the bitch in any partnership we cook up, so I might as well remind 'em why you don't gently caress with this vamp. I got some real skills, after all, and it'd be a drat shame to let 'em rust.

I walk over to the goons and their bossman, flash the card, and say, "Yo. I'm here to see Mike. Some of you suited ghostbuster fucks pointed me here a bit back."

Green Bean
May 3, 2009



Blood: 0 Heart: -1 Mind: +1 Spirit: +3| Mortality -1, Night 0, Power 2, Wild 1
Harm 0/5 | Corruption 2/5 | Location: Olivia's Apartment

"Oh my loving god, Murphy." Olivia likes to think she's pretty jaded, but she was not expecting anything like that. She massages the bridge of her nose, and then decides that no, she's not going to deal with that tonight unless she absolutely has to. She led Alanna to a (relatively) quiet booth where they could at least start a private conversation. Murphy's repair job to her car was nice, but she wasn't quite willing to bet her life that anything she said in there wouldn't immediately end up in Copperstone's ears. She glanced for a moment at wherever the notes seemed to be coming from, then her eyes flicked back to Alanna. "I'm guessing you've already started investigating the source of that music?"

thelazyblank
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!



Blood -1, Heart 1, Mind 1, Spirit 2 | Mortality 1, Night 0, Power 1, Wild 0
Harm 0 00 00 | Corruption XXXX0 | Location: Outside Alanna's Car

I walk into the bar with Olivia, nodding to her then towards the two she came here to meet. I can't help but clap when I notice the way they are dressed. I know it probably had something to do with how they got the drat book, but I don't want to not add a bit of levity. Plus, it makes my ears ring less when I talk. "Congratulations are in order? Kidding, plus I think I'm too concussed to drink right now. Look at you, a proper ceremony just to get the book back?" Not that this entire thing wouldn't have been fine had my new best friend clued me in and let me prep for a proper heist.

"Yeah, about the music, I was looking into that way before this. Not really getting very far, because I've been on the defensive. Got dragged into this now, don't see how I'm going to get away before we get rid of this book. Well, not get rid of. Expel? Exorcise? Something like that. It might be the head trauma speaking, but have we met?" I very and completely smoothly transition towards the man standing there. "Either way, need book, need plan, need the idiot who got my parents involved, and I'm probably going to need a whiskey sour."

I look back over towards Murphy. "You've got something, right?"

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

*So8*


Dalir Boulos
Blood: 0 | Heart 1 | Mind 1 | Spirit 0 || Mortality: 1 |Night: 0 | Power: 0 | Wild:1 |
Harm: O|OO|OO || Corruption: OOOOO || Location: Max's bar

Dalir scoffs at the people assuming that he and Murphy are a couple. Can't they see that he's easily old enough to be her father? Although he supposes that, given how they're dressed, it's an understandable mistake. He sits down with Murphy and lets her get it out of her chest. He gets the impression that this poor woman doesn't have many occasions to really talk with someone.

"You have nothing to apologize for. It's good to have a sense of camaderie with your colleagues, even when they get rambunctious." He sips the beer. It tastes awful, but he is much too finicky about his alcohol, and sometimes, it's better to drink just for the company. He doesn't want to press the issue of her marriage if she doesn't want to, but he does
"Your help today has been very appreciated, by the by. I've had plenty of helpers in the past, but few of them would have donned a wedding dress for me. In fact, it reminds me of Goethia, a good friend of mine that passed away some time ago..."

The old man spends the next ten minutes describing a clever, capable hunter that was his colleague back in the day, stressing how she combined competence with mercy.

"Spiteful professionists are a dime a dozen out there, Murphy. For what it's worth, it was a real pleasure to work with you."

At this moment Dalir is interrupted by Alanna's clapping. He rolls his eyes at her. "Actually, I don't think I've had the pleasure. Dalir Boulos, retired hunter. And yes, we have the book. As you have correctly guessed, getting it wasn't easy nor smooth. Then again, most plans aren't." He finishes his terrible beer. "So, I take it you're the wizard who's supposed to exorcise this one? Good to see Copperstone not sneaking her way out of a deal. It's going to lead me to another book, one that should lead me to... what I suspect is a mutual acquaintance. A musically inclined one."

"Speaking of, what was that bit about music?"

quote:

Because of my Intimacy move, both me and Murphy carry +1 forward.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Arguing about anime since 99

Tardzilla posted:


Blood +2 | Heart -1 | Mind +0 | Spirit +1 || Mortality +0 | Night +1 | Power -1 | Wild +2
Harm: X | X ▢ | ▢▢ | || Corruption: X☐☐☐☐ || Location: Hot-Dog Shoot-out

Seriously, where the gently caress is that guy are what you are thinking. Your body, however, is reacting to the gunfire, flinching and instinticly waiting for a lull that never comes. With honed senses that are earned, rather than born with, you jump over the large chrome hood of the large van that comes reeling into the hot dog stand. Wait what?

Barry emerges from the van, known as the wolf bus, and lets loose with a small machine gun. A few other members of your gang emerge from the van, but a few is all that is needed to clean up these guys. This is your territory and even though they are well trained, its your loving home territory. The goons dive for cover as your gang members open up fire, some of the more aggressive ones even charge in melee.

As you survey the battle you notice the young girl off in the distance getting choked out by one of Alexi's goon. He carries her on a fireman carry and strides to the truck. Barry hollers at you, snapping your attention back to the more pressing battle. He has a black bag in his hand.

The van door Barry is using for cover explodes and he yelps, thrown back by the concussive force. Great, somebody found the rocket launcher. Barry yells out an expletive, bastards are gonna pay for the damage they inflicted on the wolf bus. He scrambles over to you and hands you a black burlap bag. Not any bag but your bug-out bag.

MC posted:

Lets face it, your a werewolf that holds territory in Vancouver. You are prepared for anything and placed some supplies in a bug-out bag. Barry didn't have enough time to grab everything , time was of the essence, but you have one item you are happy to have in this situation. What is it?

Several of your gang are now clashing with the goons, either covering the retreat or getting stuck in for a battle.

What do you do?


Tricky posted:


Blood +2 | Heart +2 | Mind +0 | Spirit -1 || Mortality +1 | Night +1 | Power -1 | Wild +1
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☒☐☐☐☐ || Location: Max's

The lady looks at the card and then stares at you. You can't see what's behind her sunglasses and Nick, invisible to the naked eye, whispers to you that things aren't looking good. You must have passed some kind of test because she lets you through. You walk up and see Mike, a large pot-bellied man, sitting in the booth. He is nurturing a tall beerstein and his shirt is stained with small splots of mustard. Dingy music starts playing on the bar and the thick stink of smoke wafts up to your nose.

"So, you're Shin-Hye." Mike looks you over and takes a long drink of beer from his beerstein. He looks at you, unimpressed. "I'm Mike, member of 'HR' for the U.N.". He spreads a large arm and offers you a seat. You notice several bar patrons trying their hardest to look like they aren't paying attention to you.

Mike fiddles with his drink, looking like he has better things to do. "I have a bit of information of where you come from, what exactly you are. Why don't you sit down and we can discuss why you left the U.N."


What do you do?


Alanna, Dalir, Olivia
As Dalir finishes his story and praises Murphy, something almost unheard of, she almost chokes on her beer.

"Err thanks Dalir.. Ya kn-" Muprhy is interrupted by Alanna waving her over. She waves back and motions for Dalir to follow her.

Murphy slides into the booth, two beer bottles in hand, and the fine suited gentlemen sits beside her. From .. somewhere... she procures a book, bound in gold. She hands it over to Alanna. The book starts shimmering and shifting to an unknown beat. The cover is a dancing elf about to lay down the sickest of dance moves. The thick smell of bar smoke does little to sour the mood.

"So yeah I had to get kiiiind of married to get this book. Fortunately, Dalir here wife-napped me. Shotgun wedding eh?" Murphy lets out a large grin , and then the conversation catches up with her. "Why are you concussed, Alanna?"


The book shimmers and glows and starts to flip the pages. Through the pages, you see an intoxicating picture of some elf silhouette performing break dancing moves. The book flips with pride, and seems to emit a sense of regalness. All 4 of you have to take a moment to shake it off.

Murphy looks at it, a bit perplexed. "Well it didn't do that before... Uhh you are going to exorcise this book so I can take it to Copperstone right?"

Alanna, as you are sitting down you feel an invisible tug on your shoulder. Anna is trying to get your attention.

MC posted:

This is a complicated scene, I suggest we take this to Discord so all 3 PCS get their say!"
Also I couldn't find a good info dump for this, but the book is the elf break dancing book for dummies. With it the summer court was able to train their soldiers in the ways of break dancing and was able to dance their way to a truce with the winter court. The book was there during the climatic moment of the break-dance competition that ended the war.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

He presumably spends
his time traveling the world, annihilating any rapper foolish enough to challenge him



Blood: 2 Heart: 1 Mind: -2 Spirit: 1 | Mortality: -2 Night: 2 Power: 0 Wild: 2
Harm: X | ▢▢ | ▢▢ | Corruption: X X X▢▢
Tags: Ghost-Transforming [Controlled by Copperstone's Talisman], Matt's Tool Of Justice (+1 ongoing towards killing Alexi), Choked Out (-1 forward)
Location: Over A Goon's Shoulder

It's hard for me not to chuckle when the idiot finally lets me drop, but somehow I manage to keep quiet. Playing dead can get you out of a LOT of problems, it turns out, especially when you're pretty much actually dead anyway. But, because my existence is just a chain of pulling success away the moment I think I have it, then the jackass picks me up. I'm about to just swing a knee into his face when it hits me that this might work as well as anything; I mean, what if he just brings me straight to Alexi? poo poo, that'd save me a big loving headache. Maybe today's not so going so badly after all.

Ray's moaning shatters that brief hope, though. 'Holy gently caress I forgot about Ray,' is the second thought through my head after 'loving poo poo how is he moving?' because god drat he's lost a lot of blood. Then big guy draws down on him and puts an end to all that thinking. I swing my legs and arms up to clench his head; it's gonna loving hurt, but if I lean all my weight back, I might be able to bring him down. Luckily, the goon's surprise at least lets me get a grip, muffling his 'what the gently caress?' and I tug-

Was that just an explosion?

quote:

SidekickBOT - 11/12/2017
@Sal (Randall): 2d6+1 Fireman's Carry Reverse Backbreaker = (1+3)+1 = 5

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Blood +2 | Heart +2 | Mind +0 | Spirit -1 || Mortality +1 | Night +1 | Power -1 | Wild +1
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☒☐☐☐☐ || Location: Max's

I slip into the seat, doing my best to ignore the bullshit. Fuckin' obvious powerplay, but I can't say I'm not interested in figuring out what he knows. Once he fills me in, I'll hit him with what I know and make sure that accounts are squared. I ain't about to let them pull me back in for free after hangin' me out to dry to begin with. I tent my fingers, look Mike in the eye, and say, "Alright, shoot. Hit me with the info."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Arguing about anime since 99

RandallODim posted:


Blood: 2 Heart: 1 Mind: -2 Spirit: 1 | Mortality: -2 Night: 2 Power: 0 Wild: 2
Harm: X | ▢▢ | ▢▢ | Corruption: X X X▢▢
Tags: Ghost-Transforming [Controlled by Copperstone's Talisman], Matt's Tool Of Justice (+1 ongoing towards killing Alexi), Choked Out (-1 forward)
Location: Over A Goon's Shoulder

The goon barely has time to let out a guttural yell of surprise as the van door comes clattering down to the ground beside him. You take advantage of his surprise and clench his head with your legs and arms and bring him tumbling down to the ground. He hits his head, hard, and you roll to the ground onto all fours. Breathing hard you look at Raymond and give a thumbs-up sign, just as the van door slams into the back of your head.



Dazed and confused you crawl to the side, the smell of hotdogs and smoke filling your nose. The Van door slams into your side and you slam into the side of the truck; it rocks a little from the force of the impact. You see the goon, heavily bleeding from a gash on his forehead. The pavement is caked in blood, either from the crawling Raymond or the goon. The goon comes in fast and you attempt to step back, only to smack into the truck again. Blow after blow lands on your face and the only thing you can focus on is Raymond struggling on the ground, reaching for something. Taking a deep breath the goon asses you, batting away a feeble strike.


"gently caress it, Alexi better pay me extra for bringing you alive."


The goon grabs your throat and lifts you up. You struggle frantically against the air, getting no purchase. Your breath comes in ragged gasps and then not at all. The world starts to get dimmer and dimmer. You can barely see your raven, flying overhead in circles. The Raven stares at you through a cloud of smoke and embers, it's eyes so black. You get lost in those eyes and as your body goes slack you fall through them...



***

MC posted:


Take 1 damage (AP) from a truly vicious beating. And roll to be knocked out.

SidekickBOT-Last Thursday at 4:34 PM

@Sal (Randall): 2d6+1 Something Probably Bad Happening = (6+6)+1 = 13

O..oh. Well then.






You land head first into a pitch-black lake. The water shocks you awake and you thrash your way to the surface. You are in an ocean and can see nothing but water. A large, cavernous caw comes from a murder of crows circlng above you and suddenly the water starts to shift and turn. Your legs suddenly find ground and a large dias starts to emerge from the ocean. The dias is a large black stone, with intricate lines carved into it all going to the center. In the centre of the dias is a large, ornate throne made of the blacked jade you have seen. The crows circle down and coalesce into a large flowing cape that leads to a woman wearing a black dress with long crow feathers adoring it at her shoulders. She drawls the cape around her, sits down on the large ornate throne and beckons you to step forward.



"I am Morrigan and together we are vengance. Together we are justice."



She silences your questions with a single hand to her lips.



"Alone, you are a 15 year old girl. Alone, you have been caught unaware with the ones you loved. Alone, you are scared, weak and with a penchant to swear. A tool of mine doesn't need to be that vulgar."



The ocean swirls and a streak of lightning is seen in the distance of the vast ocean. A moment later a rumble of thunder is heard. Morrigan stares at you, the meaning of the act unclear.



"You have questions, I have prices. Ask and let my tool be sharpened."




"MC posted:


Say hello to Morrigan! She's here to answer all your questions! Also if you wish you could trigger a moment of intimacy.




After you have asked enough questions that your mind goes blank Morrigan walks up to you and places a finger on your lips. She leans down, her breath cold and formless, like a chill wind wasping over you.



"Copperstone wishes to summon He-Who-Sings. Help her, my tool, or you will find your vengeance to be wanting. However , we are not fools, when she summons him call my name thrice in a circle of power and I will aid you."



Her finger on your lips grows white hot and your eyes grow wide as a dark orb the size of a fist emerges from your mouth. She plays wtih it and walks away from you.



"It's time to find out what you are. Are you a tool of justice, or a weapon of vengeance." She lifts her hand, the orb of darkness shoots out from it to her right and left. Each orb expands and shows an image. To the left is Raymond, unconscious and bloody. To the right is Alexi, nervously pacing back and forth.



"The portal to the left leads to Raymond, who will surely die without medical aid. To the right, is Alexi, a name on your list." She points at you and a bolt of lightning comes from the sky and embraces you, filling you with dark energy. Morrigan stares at you, much like how a patient mother would stare at a child. "Now, choose."



MC posted:


Gain 3 hold as if you had rolled 12 on Vigilante.

Morrigan wants to cash in a debt, you help Copperstone summon he-who-sings

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply