Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«4 »
Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Blood +2 | Heart +2 | Mind +0 | Spirit -1 || Mortality +1 | Night +1 | Power -1 | Wild +1
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☒☐☐☐☐ || Location: My Turf

Huh, some fuckin' spooks are after me now? poo poo. What the hell did I do to catch their eye? I mean, yeah, the turf me 'n the Crimson Moons picked up is pretty choice, but I didn't think it'd rate one of those suit outfits. Still, whatever, gotta bust 'em up. Ain't good for yer rep to let a bunch of assholes try and roll your friends or their friends for info on ya. Plus, y'know, ain't nobody gonna put the business to Mankini but me. God, I hope he got those fuckin' pants I sent him and starts wearin' em. Y'can't just walk around like that anymore, gets ya some real weird looks and people start wonderin' what crazy poo poo's hidin' in yer closet. Those faerie types always are a little outta touch.

I say, "Yeah, yeah, I got ya covered. A few blue boys over medium? Can do. I'll letcha know what I find. Later."

I hang up, stuffing the phone back in my pocket, then call over to Ivy, "Aight, I think our boy here is with the program. Let's get him some ground and come to... an arrangement." She tosses him onto the roof and I pat her shoulder. God, she's a treasure. What beats escapin' an ambush and shakin' down some low-life with yer girl? Ain't much, I'll tell you that for free.

As he lies there in a heap, I say, "Here's the deal, Reggie, take it or take a quick trip to the street. You know how you tried to do us? You can square things up by doin' your boy Jean-Paul the same way. Get him in a room with me and Ivy and... Well, I ain't gonna treat ya to a round next time I see ya, but I won't rip yer arms off."

Shin-Hye proposes that Reginald promise to arrange a "meet" with Jean-Paul in exchange for not getting his just desserts.

I check the time and my mouth tightens up. Aight, better get started on this suit business. Got a bit before I need to hit the basement, but I can't just piss around with this rear end in a top hat on the roof forever. When it comes to suit types, though, I know just the lady to get the down-low from. Selene Delacroix, conspiracy expert and general go-to for anything like this sounds to be. She's a little fuckin' dead, but that doesn't mean a lot these days. Goddamn ghosts comin' at you from all angles. Hell, it's a funny story how she died. She likes to play it up like she got too close to the truth or some poo poo and was vanished, but she really just got tied up in her giant-rear end conspiracy board and accidentally hung herself.

I pat Ivy on the shoulder, "Gotta check in on some new trouble, but let me know what he says, alright? I know you can be real persuasive..." I wink, then head back down to the street. It's not too far to Selene's place, I bet I can be there in like five.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 5:15 PM
@Shin-Hye (Tricky): 2d6+1 Hit the Streets to get some info from the new ghost! (+Night) = (1+4)+1 = 6

Advancing! Going to take +1 Heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

He presumably spends
his time traveling the world, annihilating any rapper foolish enough to challenge him

Blood: 2 Heart: 1 Mind: -2 Spirit: 1 | Mortality: -2 Night: 2 Power: 0 Wild: 2
Harm: ▢ | ▢▢ | ▢▢ | Corruption: X▢▢▢▢
Tags: Ghost-Transforming [Controlled by Copperstone's Talisman], Matt's Tool Of Justice (+1 ongoing towards killing Alexi)

I'm halfway through muttering "It's just Sal," before Ray's... offer makes me freeze. I mean, what the gently caress, right? 'Hi Sal, I'm your uncle you never knew existed before last night, wanna come be my kid?' Who acts like that? Who thinks like that? Who the gently caress does this guy think he is, just showing up like this? And what's he gonna do? Adopt a dead girl? And besides. I'm not leaving this city till I'm done.

Raven tugging the fry I was about to toss her out of my hand pulls me back to the present, and I stifle a laugh as I look back at Ray. "Yeah, that's- I don't really think that'd work. I've... got a lot going on right now." Of course, maybe he already knows about all that. Which would be it's own exciting new loving mess. One way to find out, though. "How much did Moore tell you, anyway? About my situation."

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Arguing about anime since 99

Olivia posted:

Blood: 0 Heart: -1 Mind: +1 Spirit: +3| Mortality -1, Night 0, Power 2, Wild 1
Harm 0/5 | Corruption 1/5|Location:Olivia's Apartment

Robby enters, his sickly ghost form not being affected by the wards you had put up, and stares at you as he hovers towards the table. His fists are clenched and shaking but he does something that terrifies you.. He smiles at you and his eyes lights up with glee.

“I know you've sneaked around Arcanis' territory trying to dig up something up. Arcanis doesn't like it when people sneak around his territory. I've got dirt on you”

You continue to sip your cup of tea masking your expression and let Robby continue.

“So here is the deal. I have a friend who is in trouble. You help him out and I won't snitch on Arcanis on you”

Robby smiles and it sends shivers down your spine. Robby wants you dead and whatever trouble he is sending you towards is definitely the fatal kind. On the other hand helping Robby might be the first step in redeeming him, minus the whole fatal trouble thing. You sip your tea again and think. Arcanis had to step in between the feud Robby had on you . In fact Robby might be breaking Arcanis' deal just by coming into your apartment.

”MC” posted:

You can bet your rear end that Robby's deal is rotten and that he is sending you towards trouble. However, he hasn't realized he has broken Arcanis' deal with you. You could get him in some hot water with Arcanis.

What do you do?

Alanna posted:

Blood -1, Heart 1, Mind 1, Spirit 1 | Mortality 1, Night 0, Power 1, Wild 0
Harm 0 00 00 | Corruption XXXX0 | Location:Alanna's Sanctuary

“Oh honey, it was Magic FM! It's a new radio station, plays that rock music that your father and I love so much! Brunch would work out great tommorrow.”

You scrunch up your nose and feel another headache coming on. Another thing to add to the list, find out about this Magic FM.

“Errr, a new radio station that plays rock music? Sounds like every other radio station around Mom?” You say.

“Oh well, the DJ Jean-Paul is really amazing! Quite a funny man and lovely stories about his son.”

You almost snap your fingers; Bingo you got a lead on this radio station. Things are piling up to fast and too coincidental to not be a conspiracy.

Isabella gets off the phone and with some help from anna, sits at the table. She waits for your phonecall to end.

”MC” posted:

Jean-Paul is a name that rings a bell. Roll Put a face to Name under Mortality for some information! Also mark mortality and advance

What do you do?

Tricky posted:

Blood +2 | Heart +2 | Mind +0 | Spirit -1 || Mortality +1 | Night +1 | Power -1 | Wild +1
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☒☐☐☐☐ || Location: An empty alleyway and in a heap of trouble

Ivy nods and kisses you on the cheek. Her phone rings and she looks down, a puzzled expression on her face. She answers the phone and her puzzled expression turns into a worried one.

“Something wrong?”

Ivy shakes her head and grabs Reginald by the scruff of his jacket.

“Nothing big, just gotta go back to the bar.”

You put on your heavy coat as you leave and look out. Vancouver has a dark cloud over it and it's raining.

Selene Delacroix is an odd ghost, but reliable. If anyone is going to have any information on men in black it would be Selene. She lives around the Sun Tower, an old newspaper building. You duck into one of the alleyways and walk towards the exit.

Suddenly a figure grabs you and you spin around, hand resting on your guns. You looked shocked as you see a character from your past hovering from the ground. Nick Pember, your old partner back in the UN days, hovers in front of you. He smiles at you and the wound on his neck, stretching from his left shoulder to right shoulder, bleeds a little.

“Hey kid... Good thing I found you.. You are in a heap of trouble...”

He tries to say something more but suddenly he shifts in and out of focus. You hear the sounds of sudden tires screeching and the exit to the alleyway is blocked by a black sedan. The driver remains in the car but 2 men in black emerge. One of them moves from the alley way towards you, his hand raised. He adjusts a small device on his wrist watch and Nick gets even more blurrier.

“Hello Shin-Hye. The U.N has been looking for you”

”MC posted:

Reginald will take that deal and will call you back. Ill list it under “promises”
Also say hello to Nick Pember, he was your partner in the UN! He's a ghost.

If you wanna go aggro the following people are here with their distance listed

M.I.B #1: Close Range
M.I.B #2: Medium Range
Nick (Ally?): Hand Range, shifting in and out of focus.
Driver: Far Range

What do you do?

RandallODim posted:

Harm: ▢ | ▢▢ | ▢▢ | Corruption: X▢▢▢▢
Tags: Ghost-Transforming [Controlled by Copperstone's Talisman], Matt's Tool Of Justice (+1 ongoing towards killing Alexi)

Raymond clasps his hand around yours. “Moore told me enough. You have been living on the streets, sleeping at the church and have been hanging around the wrong kind of people.” You roll your eyes as Moore's populare expression for Morgana is echoed by your uncle.

Raymond notices and continues “Listen.. I know this is quite a shock but you don't need to leave Vancouver or leave your friends. I just... Listen your father and mother were-”

Before Raymond can continue a loud screech of tires is heard and a Red toyota ranger roars to a skidding stop right outside the patio. Two men are in the exterior cab of the car armed with submachine guns open fire on you and Raymond. You are caught with a fry in your mouth as Raymond grabs you, shielding you from fire. Instinct catching up with you you frantically kick the table down to the ground, using it as makeshift cover. A stray bullet from the machine gun tags you in the shoulder.

”MC” posted:

Take 3 harm - 2 for Armor (more on that later). So total 1 harm

You swear up a storm as the bullet grazes your shoulder and you peek out of cover. People are already running around screaming as one of the men reloads and the other covers him. You duck back down but manage to get a glimpse at the driver.. It's a loving ghoul.

You snarl and then notice a pool of red blood forming around you. You look at your grazed shoulder in confusion and then you notice Raymond, his breathing laboured and in quite a lot of pain thanks to the half-dozen bullet holes in him.

”MC” posted:

Raymond acted as 2 armor and took 2 harm as he shielded you from bullets! Awww look he does care for you.

You are in combat and there will be witnesses. Have fun 16 year old kid!

Man #1: Submachine Gun, Close range, Currently doing supressing fire on your cover
Man #2: Submachine Gun, Close range, Currently reloading
Ghoul Drive: ???, Close Range, Currently listening to “Hey man nice shot”

thelazyblank
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Blood -1, Heart 1, Mind 1, Spirit 2 | Mortality 1, Night 0, Power 1, Wild 0
Harm 0 00 00 | Corruption XXXX0

Face to a Name posted:

Alanna (TLB) - Yesterday at 11:00 PM
/roll 2d6+1 #Face to DJ Jean-Paul
SidekickBOT - Yesterday at 11:00 PM
@Alanna (TLB): 2d6+1 Face to DJ Jean-Paul = (5+6)+1 = 12
Jean-Paul owes Alanna a debt. +1 Spirit as my advance.

Jean-Paul? I didn't know he was a DJ on some radio station that was completely made up in the recent past. Last I remember, he was a street-level drug dealer who had a problem with some very big addicts. Which means he better give me -everything- I need to know about this Magic FM. Also, that's a terrible name, and they should know better. Probably not important.

"Sounds good, Mom. Look, I've got to go. We can catch up tomorrow, there's a few good breakfast places that Dad'll like. Love you!"

I don't want to be rude to my Mom, but I've got to find out exactly how big this is, who's doing what and why now. None of this is going to be good. Once we finally end the goodbyes, I turn over towards Isabella, waiting until she's off her call herself. "So, Bestie. I don't want to rat you out, but clearly, there's some reason you did this on your own. If you can give me the reason why you didn't just take an army of wizards and burn the book down or whatever."

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

Harm 0/5 | Corruption 1/5

Olivia took a moment to think, but it didn't take you long to arrive at her conclusion. She set her tea aside and looked at Robby with genuine seriousness. "I've got no problem helping your friend. Honestly, you could've just asked." Olivia's actual decision process was a little more complicated than she made it seem; a mix of regret, guilt, and of course just a dash of arrogance that made her feel like she could figure a way out of whatever dangerous situation Robby could throw at her. But ultimately, it came down to her owing him. She'd hosed up both his life and afterlife, and even if she hadn't done it intentionally, the sheer scale of her gently caress up meant it was a debt she could barely begin to figure out how to repay. What was walking into a deathtrap to that?

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Arguing about anime since 99

Green Bean posted:

Harm 0/5 | Corruption 1/5 | Location: Olivia's Apartment

Robby almost loses his cool when you agree to the deal. You can see the malevolence in his small eyes as you agree to the deal. Robby hovers over the chair and lays out the problem his friend has encountered.

“So my friend's name is Anna. She's a child ghost like me. “ Robby pauses to glare at you accusingly “ We both had similar problems and she listens to me. But Felix got wind that she left his territority. Felix is possessive of any ghosts that live in his area. So I want you to find her and convince her to come back. I miss her”

Robby hovers forward, through the table, annd puts a small burnt black music sheet on the desk.

“This is something of Anna's. A small piece of her before she became a ghost. You can use it to find her”

Robby hovers back to the chair and sits, crossing his arms and glaring at you.

What do you do?

thelazyblank posted:

Harm 0 00 00 | Corruption XXXX0 | Location:Alanna's Sanctuary

Isabella shifts on her seat and stares straight at you, her iris's clouded over with white lightning. She goes to grab you hand but manages to grab a salt shaker instead ruining whatever mood she was trying to create.

Cursing Isabella tells you how she's sick with how the wizard council does nothing. When Copperstone mentioned the book was in town she petitioned a wizard army but to no avail, Elias was harping about his new invention could handle even He-Who-Sings. She pulled a few strings and managed to get the lead from Copperstone and together with Lady Glenrose strove to retrieve the book. Ideally, she would have gained the book (And the knowledge within it) and then destroy it.

“So that's the short of it.. I've called a few people and managed to put a hush hush to our whole involvement in the book affair. As far as people are concerned I got blinded by a random attack by some vampire.”

Isabella produces the ring from her pocket.

“So... Unless someone wants to make things complicated for her Bestie, I'd appreciate your silence.”

What do you do?

”MC” posted:

Once again Isabella offers a bribe for your silence at the council meeting later tonight

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☒☐☐☐☐ || Location: Conspiracy Central

poo poo, Nick? The U.N.? Talk about a blast from the past... but, y'know, all hosed up and spooky now. Were the leadership always up in the crazy poo poo? What was this motherfuckin' Ghost Busters bullshit and why was my main man dead? Needless to say, I've got a fuckin' burnin' desire to get to the bottom of this poo poo and they better hope they have some answers.

...'Cause I'll shoot 'em if they don't. Hey, sue me. You try bein' all good at subtlety when your past gets tossed at ya like that.

I shuffle through my coat pockets, tap out a cigarette full of Ella's special blend from a crumpled pack, and light it up. It's like smoking the first day of spring. Not a lot still gets through, now that I'm a vamp and all, but Ella's stuff? Always there to take the edge off. I take a long drag, then let the heavy smoke — more like mist, dunno — settle into a pool around my feet. There we are. There's my motherfuckin' zen.

I say, "Aight, aight. Cut that poo poo out with the ghost zapper. You leave Nick outta this mess and give me a few good reasons why I should listen to a couple of toughs in suits, city bein' what it is these days, mebbe I'll be able to help you. You don't..." I let the words hang, then hook a thumb at Nick. "City has a way've keepin' people around. You want to join 'im?"

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 1:37 PM
@Shin-Hye (Tricky): 2d6+2 Persuade the MiBs to stop whatever they're doing to Nick! = (4+6)+2 = 12

Using threats to get them to stop with the ghost zapper and fill Shin-Hye in on the situation... Like, say, why they're after them.

thelazyblank
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Harm 0 00 00 | Corruption XXXX0

I take the ring. No need getting a potential ally all riled up because you don't like how this whole thing started. "As long as you keep me out of it, I'll keep you out of it. Do you think anyone saw you come in here? I mean, I'm probably one of the few wizards in town using a rent-a-sanctum. You think Elias wants He-Who-Sings back out into the world to show his new toy off? Or.. Well, I guess you don't know much right now given that we've been wrapped up for a bit here. Do you need a ride anywhere? My car's still in one piece, mostly because it didn't go into the sewer. I have a few other things I need to get done. Well, probably."

I look down at my phone, grumbling to myself incoherently for a moment. "Way too many things, actually. And, no offense, our potential issues with the council are number three. Behind making sure my parents aren't being brought into town for someone else's nefarious purposes and making sure Copperstone isn't going to put my head on a pike. Fourth if you count that last one both metaphorically and literally. So, um. Do you want that ride or are you okay?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

He presumably spends
his time traveling the world, annihilating any rapper foolish enough to challenge him

Harm: X | ▢▢ | ▢▢ | Corruption: X▢▢▢▢

I roll my eyes and sigh as Ray makes clear just how little he knows about my situation. Thanks for at least keeping things ambiguous, Moore. I'm about to tug my hand away when screeching tires make me glance up. loving assholes, slamming their brakes. gently caress, who needs a hot dog that bad?

Then they start shooting. Something slams me in the chest as the bullets whiz past and I tumble back in my chair. I go sprawling on the ground a short distance behind the table, which I notice I at least managed to kick over into some sort of cover on my way down. It's something, but it's not much. I need some breathing room. I tug my gun out of the back of my waistband as I roll up against the table, and that's when I notice all the blood. I didn't think I could even bleed that much blood any more. So where'd it- Oh, gently caress. gently caress. God dammit, Ray, you IDIOT!

"YOU loving SHITFUCK FUCKS," I shout as I lunge over the table, firing at these god drat assholes as I go.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Last Friday at 6:09 PM
@Sal (Randall): 2d6+2 Shooting Man Number 2 = (5+5)+2 = 12
Inflict Terrible Harm

«4 »