Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«5 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Blood +2 | Heart -1 | Mind +0 | Spirit +1 || Mortality +0 | Night +1 | Power -1 | Wild +2
Harm: X | X ▢ | ▢▢ | || Corruption: X☐☐☐☐ || Location: Hot-Dog Shoot-out

"About loving time!" I grab the bag, and open it up and taking out the one thing I've been saving for a situation like this; my good ol' sawed off shotgun. "Alright, boys!" I call out to 'em, "Let's gently caress 'em up!"

I charge in, and join my boys in the fight. Yea, they might not be as well-trained as those goons, but we outnumber 'em, and each an' every one of 'em are dressed for war, with small machine guns, rifles, shotguns, an' spiked bats, an' they're all ready to gently caress those goons up. We're going to make 'em sorry for starting poo poo in our loving territory!

quote:

@Jackie Cage (Hugzilla): 2d6+2 Time for GANG VIOLENCE = (1+1)+2 = 4

Welp. At least me and my gang all get +1 armor because of Reckless!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Arguing about anime since 99

Tricky posted:


Blood +2 | Heart +2 | Mind +0 | Spirit -1 || Mortality +1 | Night +1 | Power -1 | Wild +1
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☒☐☐☐☐ || Location: Max's


As you sit down Mike puts down his beerstein and gives a dismissive wave to the bodyguards surrounding you. The bodyguards disperse a little farther away, out of earshot.

"Who you used to be is the easy question. You're family, member of the U.N. One of the best managers of the street I've seen. You knew when to push, when to fold and when to show people not to gently caress with you. You and Nick were useful to the U.N. Kept things quiet, kept things under control."

As Mike speaks there is a happy twinkle in his eye. Memories of your past life sneak into your mind, some of this sounds familiar.

MC posted:


What did you used to do for the U.N and where? Was it in Vancouver?



Mike lets out a long sigh "As for what you are. Well, we lost track of you in the middle of your last job and Nick was pretty shaken up about it. He went out to investigate and after interrogating a few of your old contacts found this."



Mike pulls out a large folder that is filled with an array of messy notes, photographs and other items. He thumbs through it, somehow finding a pattern to the chaotic arrangement of papers and pulls out a few photos. The first photo is the exterior of a small suburban house, it's yellow paint suggesting a cheery, happy place. The next photo is of the interior and the blood on the walls paints a different picture. The blood coats the walls in a weird ritualistic pattern, you note down the morose pattern in your memory. Pink entrails form a half-circle around an altar. And on the altar, hanging on a bloodied wooden cross is a body. Coat hangers are dug into the bodies fore arms, deep into the muscle, and help the body suspend itself on the cross. The body is badly burnt, the skin crispy and juices leaking from the holes the coat hangers are suspending it from.



"If you could smell it you would of thrown up." Mike says, eyeing you and leaning back, ready to avoid vomit if he needs to. "Some of the body parts was yours. Traced it back to the DNA samples you provided the U.N. Now you don't look like a ritualistic serial murderer so we did a bit more digging. Turns out there is a serial killer, been popping up every few years in Vancouver. Shows up, murders a few kids, and eventually a grisly ritual circle is found, much like the one made out of your intestines there."



Mike shifts and stares you in the eye as he says that last little bit.



"So you can imagine the U.N's surprise that someone matching the description of our MIA agent shows up in Vancouver. And when we arrive what do we find? A supernatural community spiralling out of control and in dire need of regulation. So that's what I got Shin-Hye. Want to explain why your guts were used in a ritualistic killing?"



Mike raises his eyebrow at you and waits for your answer.

What do you do?




Dalir, Alanna and Olivia

With a click Murphy ends the phonecall with Copperstone and mouths a "Thank you" to Alanna. Looks like things are settled and Murphy hands Alanna the book.

"Err, mind if i change clothes before I grab the ritual components? Also uhh what do you need, eye of newt?" Murphy asks, while ribbing Alanna in the shoulder.

With the discussion complete and deals made, you are free to go about your business

What do you do?

Exmond fucked around with this message at Dec 3, 2017 around 20:13

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

*So8*


Dalir Boulos
Blood: 0 | Heart 1 | Mind 1 | Spirit 0 || Mortality: 1 |Night: 0 | Power: 0 | Wild:1 |
Harm: O|OO|OO || Corruption: OOOOO || Location: outside Max's bar

Having finished his business with the ladies, Dalir reminds Murphy that he'll be waiting for Copperstone's lead; then he says goodbye, pays for his beer and leaves the place. Leaning against the wall outside, his hand slips in his jacket, feeling the piece of paper that was slipped by his former comrade.
Well, why not? Soon enough he's calling her.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Blood +2 | Heart +2 | Mind +0 | Spirit -1 || Mortality +1 | Night +1 | Power -1 | Wild +1
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☒☐☐☐☐ || Location: Max's

Alright, yeah. Ain't no secret I was with the U.N. and running their corners. Been in the city as long as I've been and I got my start downtown. Eastside. Ancient history at this point. The weirdo serial killer poo poo? Now that's got my attention. Still... all this is some bullshit. DNA samples? When the gently caress did they take those? Are they a goddamn gang or a government conspiracy? I give Mike a look, "Man, if I knew that poo poo I would have torn apart the motherfuckers who did it apart already." I tap the table, my fingernail scratching a furrow into surface. "I think you've got some serious poo poo backwards. I don't know about this Ghostbusters bullshit y'all are into, but the whole thing was a meet gone wrong. We got word that one of the US orgs — Nick could probably tell ya who — wanted to move some product. Good poo poo, good price. I was on point for the meet, got jumped, woke up like this a week or so later."

I lean back against the bench and wave dismissively, "So, Mike, you clearly got this poo poo on lock. Why were my guts used for some black magic bullshit?"

thelazyblank
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!



Blood -1, Heart 1, Mind 1, Spirit 2 | Mortality 1, Night 0, Power 1, Wild 0
Harm 0 00 00 | Corruption XXXX0 | Location: At The Bar

I sigh. It was the only thing I could do to stop myself from going full wizard and lecturing about how easy newt eyes are to find. But I'm better than that. "Go get changed. I'll have a list once I can get this book back to my wizard cave." I look at Murphy for a moment, interrupting her probably mid-thought. "It's not a real cave, it's a storage unit. Please, hurry. Glad to meet you and.. Well, if I find out anything about the case, more than I did before, I'll send you a text. You two do the same? If you're sticking around, that is."

I hold my head for a second, reminding myself to add an icepack to the list. I check on Anna, making sure she's not doing anything weird in the magical sense. Vomiting, anything like that. "Murphy, you got a car? Mine's in the shop."

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Arguing about anime since 99

thelazyblank posted:


Blood -1, Heart 1, Mind 1, Spirit 2 | Mortality 1, Night 0, Power 1, Wild 0
Harm 0 00 00 | Corruption XXXX0 | Location: At The Bar

Murphy nods the affirmative "I do have a car but uhh, hey Dalir, you need a ride?" As Murphy yells at the man in a fancy looking suit, you feel a tug on your coat. Anna manifests behind you, as hidden as she can be, and motions towards above Shin-Hye. You peer and think you can see a glimmer in the air. Shin-Hye might have some magical diety looking after him, going after him or.. well who knows.



You sigh, another headache, but it looks like Anna was just warning you. She seems fine enough, letting out the occasional musical burp. Maybe you can take care of that back at the workshop? Murphy comes back, her angry white subaru in tow. It roars, more than it revs up, and she motions that she is ready to go.



MC posted:


So, what exactly is involved with exorcising/purging a book? What ingredients do you need and is it a dangerous ritual?


What do you do?


Tricky posted:


Blood +2 | Heart +2 | Mind +0 | Spirit -1 || Mortality +1 | Night +1 | Power -1 | Wild +1
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☒☐☐☐☐ || Location: Max's
Mike looks grumpily at his empty glass, the froth foaming at the bottom of his glass. He looks at you and sighs "We don't know." He makes it sound like it's the toughest thing to say. "You were considered KIA until you showed up on our radar, good job on the territory by the way. We had a small group investigating the ritual murder. Seems to be a serial killer that comes active every few year. Somthing related to the moon."



Mike leans back and motions for one of the security goons to grab him another mug of beer. The goon departs, headed towards the bar, glaring at anyone who gets in her way.



"So, every time the ritual is done there is some magical residue left behind. Some weird techy magic poo poo our boys back in the lab figured out how to track. Seem's like there is a trace of it leading to here," Mike throws you another picture. The picutre shows a familiar scene, the DeLuca Safe Injection sit.



Mike continues "We scoped out the area and best bet is its coming from within, maybe deeper down. So, I think I've handled my side of the bargain. How come you didn't contact the U.N. after your revival?"



What do you do?



Tardzilla posted:


Blood +2 | Heart -1 | Mind +0 | Spirit +1 || Mortality +0 | Night +1 | Power -1 | Wild +2
Harm: X | X ▢ | ▢▢ | || Corruption: X☐☐☐☐ || Location: Hot-Dog Shoot-out


Your gang rushes forward, taking out the nearest goons. Under your rallying cry they regroup, finding cover from the return fire, and rush forward. Things are looking good, things are going well. Blood is flowing (not yours) and you are giving Alexi a warning. Then one of the goons gets a hold of the rocket launcher and it all goes to poo poo.



The first warning that something went wrong was a loud rumble that blanked out Barry's yell. Then a wall of shrapnel, almost as big as you, slammed into him catapulting him away from the battle. You didn't have time to yell a warning as the wall of fire engulfed you, your gang, the goons and the nearby building. Your clothes burn and fire rakes over your body as the concussive force of the rocket launcher propels you into the air. You see Matilda, one of your gang members, far less better as she goes flying into a truck, the rest of her jaw lands near an alleyway. For the next few minutes all you know is pain as you land on the ground and roll, hoping to put yourself out.



MC posted:



Take 3 - 1 (Reckless) damage from a rocket launcher exploding around you. Keep in mind you die at overflow (so 6 points of damage). Your gang takes 3 damage and they are heavily injured. Also is your gang full of werewolves?




The sounds of sirens and frantic yells lets you know the police are here and, hopefully, an ambulance. Your gang is wounded, some of them will die if they don't get immediate attention and some of them are dead allready. Barry groans beside you, his ribs are bent inwards, obviously broken, but he isn't singed or on fire.



MC posted:


The goons are defeated, by ferocious assualt and friendly fire caused by rocket launcher. There is a truck here you could "acquire".

Could your gang go to the hospital? If not, why not? A person like you must have a doctor retainer on hand. Who or what is it?




What do you do?



paradoxGentleman posted:

Dalir Boulos
Blood: 0 | Heart 1 | Mind 1 | Spirit 0 || Mortality: 1 |Night: 0 | Power: 0 | Wild:1 |
Harm: O|OO|OO || Corruption: OOOOO || Location: outside Max's bar



You dial the number and a fae woman's voice answers. "Ella here, what do you want?" Her voice is sharp and commands your attention. As soon as she realizes it's you she immediately softens and interrupts you.



"Oh, it's you! Esteemed champion, he-who-defeats. The little doe Copperstone is trying to capture. Hopefully she hasn't gotten her claws into you yet? If she hasn't then I have some information that might interest you, but it will come at a price."



MC posted:


The fae respect you for defeating He-Who-Sings, how come this isn't enough for your character and why do the fae respect you?
Ella offers a deal, she gets a debt on you and she offers you information.




What do you do?

Exmond fucked around with this message at Dec 12, 2017 around 14:54

Green Bean
May 3, 2009



Blood: 0 Heart: -1 Mind: +1 Spirit: +3| Mortality -1, Night 0, Power 2, Wild 1
Harm 0/5 | Corruption 2/5 | Location: At the Bar

Olivia followed Alanna and Murphy out, and when the demon lady had gone to get her car, Olivia seized her opportunity, approaching the invisible source of notes and looking right at it. "Pardon me, but you wouldn't happen to be Anna, would you. If you are, Robby's worried about you. Maybe we can talk?" She casually stepped into an alleyway where, for instance, a ghost might be able to manifest to mortal senses without setting off a supernatural panic.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

*So8*


Dalir Boulos
Blood: 0 | Heart 1 | Mind 1 | Spirit 0 || Mortality: 1 |Night: 0 | Power: 0 | Wild:1 |
Harm: O|OO|OO || Corruption: OOOOO || Location: outside Max's bar

The fae respect a variety of things. Power, cunning, even style, on some level. For a long while, I was one of their favorite mortals; He-Who-Sings was almost universally reviled, and I had just taken him down.

But they haven't heard from me in a while. They're not the best when it comes to attention span. So while I'm pretty sure my name is still known amongst them, I suspect that it doesn't carry the same respect that it once did.
...which is understandable. I'm not so vain that I don't understand why that happens. And I'm certainly not doing this because of that. I'm doing it because it needs to be done. Yeah.

Ella picks up and it's time to get out of my head and to answer her. "Hello, Ella. As cutting as ever, I see." I smile, unconsciously. "Sure, if the information's good, I'll gladly pay you back later for it."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Blood +2 | Heart +2 | Mind +0 | Spirit -1 || Mortality +1 | Night +1 | Power -1 | Wild +1
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☒☐☐☐☐ || Location: Max's

I shrug, "Well, Mike, you and yours never let me and mine in on this side of the business. What kind of leader sets their crew up to be merked by the loving boogeyman? I wasn't about to bring my boys into this world, seein' how I got in it, so I did the best thing I could for them: I went dark and made new friends." I lean forward at that last bit. "Speakin' of, Mike, your heavies have been making a scene with some of my friends. I'm not rulin' out teamin' back up or nothin', but I'm not about to burn the bridges I put together cause your crew doesn't got manners."

I tent my fingers on the table, "Here's the score. I'll look into your basement, god knows that place has something I need to see down there, and I'm even open to an alliance. I know I've got a pretty prime spot, especially for a small crew. You lost a lot of goodwill with this mess and how it played out, but the UN's done right by me before all this. I'll give you a chance to make it right." I let that sit for a moment, then hold out two fingers. "First, stay offa my connections. The Crimson Moons and the Goat's Horn Tavern need to be fuckin' sacrosanct or this is all off in the biggest of ways. You've got muscle, yeah, but I'm bigger and badder than I ever was before. Not sure that's a fight you want to pick. Second, give me one of your goons. He — or she, I don't give a poo poo — needs the boots. Medium. You'll get 'em back breathin', might need some med leave. That'll square things with the hornet's nest you kicked."

I lean back casually, fuckin' cool as a cucumber. No matter who Mike really was or what he really wanted, I'm not gonna be intimidated. I'm motherfuckin' On Shin-Hye and it's about time people started realizin' just what that meant.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 5:45 PM
@Shin-Hye (Tricky): 2d6+2 Persuade Mike (w/ promises) = (4+4)+2 = 10

Mike does it.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Arguing about anime since 99

Green Bean posted:


Blood: 0 Heart: -1 Mind: +1 Spirit: +3| Mortality -1, Night 0, Power 2, Wild 1
Harm 0/5 | Corruption 2/5 | Location: At the Bar

Olivia steps aside into an alleyway and the wind picks up.. Litter and garbage lifts up and blows down one side of the alleyway and Anna, still wearing a torn dress, manifests. The ghosts looks at Olivia, concern and confusion crossing over her face. The ghost is still wearing the dress she wore when she died and as the wind ruffles the dress, a deep stab wound on her right chest reveals itself. Anna lets out a cough, musical notes dripping out of her mouth and then looks shocked as the music notes bounces it's way over to Olivia.



Anna takes a few steps back and glares at Olivia, the dumpster starts shaking and the sign "Alexander" starts to shake and rise above the ground.



MC posted:


Yeah, Anna is gonna bean you with that sign, seems she doesn't like being tracked, or is blaming you for her malady. Better talk her down or take out the surrounding objects that can hit you (or dodge)






paradoxGentleman posted:

Dalir Boulos
Blood: 0 | Heart 1 | Mind 1 | Spirit 0 || Mortality: 1 |Night: 0 | Power: 0 | Wild:1 |
Harm: O|OO|OO || Corruption: OOOOO || Location: outside Max's bar



Over the phone Ella's smile can be heard, "So a bargain is struck. Information for a small favour."



Outside, at Max's bar, a small golden light circles around Dalir, signifying a deal wth the fae has been struck. He shifts uncomfortably as the temperature lowers a few degrees.



Ella laughs and over the phone Dalir can hear the distinct sound of a sword being sharpened. "Someone has been spreading rumours that Copperstone is trying to summon He-Who-Sings. Summer Court will go to war against Copperstone. The formal declaration is being written up as we speak. I'd suggest you conclude your business with Copperstone quickly."



Ella stops talking and yells at someone over the phone. The sound of many muffled footsteps, moving in step, can be heard. She continues speaking to Dalir.



"This next one is for free because I like you. I could use a second-in-command and you fit the bill. Your useful, strong and experienced. And you are outside the affluence of fae politics... Are you interested?"



MC posted:


The fae have gone to war before, the Summer Court vs the Winter Court. That ancient war will come back when He-Who-Sings is summoned back to the mortal world. It was a bloody affair that was resolved by an epic breakdancing competition (Yeah uhh that was Kelly James player dictating that).



Your character knows a lot of the fae war, What is it like when the fae go to war? How hosed is Copprestone?



So, the jist is that Ella setup rumours that Copperstone is trying to summon He-Who-Sings. That's a big no-no to the Summer Court, so the court is going to go to war against Copperstone.

Ella will gain a debt on you, unless you think the information wasn't good enough.






Tricky posted:


Blood +2 | Heart +2 | Mind +0 | Spirit -1 || Mortality +1 | Night +1 | Power -1 | Wild +1
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☒☐☐☐☐ || Location: Max's


Mike looks at the vampire sceptically. After a tense second, he shrugs.



"We do business our way, and that way is no bullshit with the supernatural types that can't stand in line. But if an offence has been taken I can offer some people. You give me a time and place, and I'll deliver em there."



He looks gratefully at the goon who returns from the bar with another mug. He takes a good long sip of it and sighs.



"Mmm, good beer. You know how they make this in Granville island? Good beer, bit bitter but with a good vanilla aftertaste." Mike fiddles with the mug. "Course, the vanilla taste is just from the ballsack of some poor beaver. Not the real vanilla flavour. It does the job but... It's a pale imitation of the real thing." Mike stares at Shin-Hye and lets the silence sit a little bit.



"We got a deal Shin-Hye, let's see how you handle this. See if you are the real thing or a pale imitation. the U.N will consider the Goat's Horn Tavern and Crimson Moons to be sacrosanct, long as they don't attack us. You sure you can keep those dogs on a leash? Report on Ivy says she's a bit of a handful."







MC posted:

Gonna iron the deal a bit more, If the Crimson Moons attack the U.N they will respond. Also Mike isn't threatening you as so much testing you.


This basement is a pain in the rear end eh? Fortunately it's been your #1 thing to handle, so what preperations have you made before hand? What's your plans and what did it cost you?

thelazyblank
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!



Blood -1, Heart 1, Mind 1, Spirit 2 | Mortality 1, Night 0, Power 1, Wild 0
Harm 0 00 00 | Corruption XXXX0 | Location: At The Bar

If I had time for every problem on my plate right now, I'd probably be breaking the laws of physics. Metaphysics too. Paraphysics. All the physics. Anna's gone again, which means I can't play twenty questions on what's following the vampire. I don't have time either. Just going to put it on the list behind a handful of more active concerns.

As far as exorcising the book goes, that's going to take some research. Need something that counteracts the main sympathetic lines between the book and He-Who-Sings. Luckily, it's in a book form, which means I can fit it in a magic circle and brute-force some of this. Don't need to worry about the feedback from it as much as if it was a building. Worst case, the book implodes rather than a building or anything like that. Need to make sure this isn't some sort of trick, either. I don't like Copperstone, but hopefully she really is in this for herself here.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

*So8*


Dalir Boulos
Blood: 0 | Heart 1 | Mind 1 | Spirit 0 || Mortality: 1 |Night: 0 | Power: 0 | Wild:1 |
Harm: O|OO|OO || Corruption: OOOOO || Location: outside Max's bar
My mouth goes dry as I listen to what Ella is saying. This might shake up the situation a bit more than I expected. I eye the Halo of the Bargain, really wishing it was a bit more subtle than that. I clear my throat and try to keep my voice level; Murphy departed with Alanna, but you never know who might be listening. Unless she has convenient and unexpected forces in her corner, Copperstone had to face the full might of the Summer Court,

"That's interesting. It's not the news I was expecting, but it's valuable nonetheless. Fair to say that I owe you for that. As for your offer... well, how good are your people's sources on..."

Another quick look to ensure that no one is listening, then I whisper: "Copperstone? Why would she want that? Who's your source?"

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Blood +2 | Heart +2 | Mind +0 | Spirit -1 || Mortality +1 | Night +1 | Power -1 | Wild +1
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☒☐☐☐☐ || Location: Max's

I grin, icy, and say, "...Yeah, I got an angle. If they don't get riled by a buncha jackboots, I'll see about keeping them off your lawn." Now, just sayin', but of course, I'm gonna be a bit more diplomatic-like with Ivy and her boys. Y'don't just go and start barkin' orders to a lady like that, 'specially one with that level of involvement. Mike doesn't need to know that poo poo. 'Sides, whatever he thinks he's got on me, I'm going to blow him outta the water. This basement is gonna get hit by the Shin-Hye special and it doesn't even have a clue that I'm coming for it. I make a mental note to track down Mike's address and leave him some fuckin' vanilla beans. A little reminder that I'm not just the real thing, I'm more than. "Y'ever think that drinking beaver ball-juice is a weird-rear end way to make a point? Whatever, I'll be in touch. Got some irons to fuckin' take outta the fire."

I slide back out, smooth as hell, and leave a burner on the table for Mike to keep, "I'll hit ya with the spot once I nail out the deets with the other guys. Be ready for it."

Now, plan-wise, this all didn't cost me poo poo. Mebbe a few favors cashed, but that's it. That's the best part of the biz, y'know? The give and take. I've been doing a lot of giving, now it's time to get what I need. I got that punk-rear end hustler lining up his robe-and-wizard-hat boss man for a snatch and grab, that gets me a line on the weirdo magic poo poo and a way to shut it down. Copperstone owes me for that scene before and I've got the patrol schedules and a hole in security a mile wide to slip through. Ivy's gonna have a few guys on stand-by, just in case I need a quick and dirty exit... but I figure it won't come to that. Now, I just gotta make sure Ella knows I've got her guy to hit with the boots and hash out a bit in the way of a bigger loving gun with that spooky cop. Not sayin' I want to blow a hole in Copperstone's goon army or nothin', but if there's something nasty down there I want a big-rear end gun and some big-rear end magic bullets to handle it.

quote:

So, true to the playbook, this all is a giant mess of debts getting generated and cashed that probably ends up with an advance:
—Fulfill the promise to Ella to give a suit guy the boots, clearing a debt and marking Wild
—Cash in a debt with Logan to get some of that black ops swat military-grade weaponry... and maybe even papers for it! Marks Mortality.
——Figuring something like a silenced MP5 (3-harm close area), built like a 2-option Hunter weapon.
—Finish the Reginald promise, getting everything I need on the basement's magic poo poo from Jean-Paul. Marks Power.
—Cash in a debt with Ivy to get some back-up waiting in a car... just in case things get crazy. Marks Night.
—Advance!

Taking Deadly from the Hunter as my second off-playbook advance.

Tricky fucked around with this message at Jan 5, 2018 around 19:34

Green Bean
May 3, 2009



Blood: 0 Heart: -1 Mind: +1 Spirit: +3| Mortality -1, Night 0, Power 2, Wild 1
Harm 0/5 | Corruption 2/5 | Location: At the Bar

Olivia noticed the sign shaking, and didn't need to be a psychic to see where this was headed. She put up her hands, trying to convey her lack of threat. "Woah woah woah, easy! I'm not trying to interfere with your business, and I've got nothing to do with any of this weird music poo poo! Robbie was worried, and I owe him. The notes are just some weird psychic thing that happened when I tried to look you up, okay?."


Green Bean - Today at 6:50 PM
All right, let's give it a shot!
/r 2d6-1 #Persuade
SidekickBOT - Today at 6:51 PM
@Green Bean: 2d6-1 Persuade = (2+3)-1 = 4

Green Bean fucked around with this message at Jan 9, 2018 around 23:51

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Arguing about anime since 99

thelazyblank posted:


Blood -1, Heart 1, Mind 1, Spirit 2 | Mortality 1, Night 0, Power 1, Wild 0
Harm 0 00 00 | Corruption XXXX0 | Location: At The Bar


MC posted:


Sounds like your using your Sanctum, while it is normally missing something you can get Murphy to go grab that vital ingredient. That vital ingredient was demon blood by the way, which Murphy grumpily (And made sure you didn't keep any for more nefarious purposes) provided.



Roll with spirit to see how this exorcism goes!



Miss: The book implodes



7-9: The book is exorcised, at a cost. Choose 1

You attract the attention of the summer court ( Mark Wild)

You attract the attention of the winter court ( Mark Wild)

The book explodes, temporarily damaging your wards on the sanctum (Mark Power)

You glimpse a terrible secret that gives you knowledge, but takes a toll on you (-1 Forward) (Mark Power)



10+ The box is exorcised and you extract more. Choose 1

You distract the summer court ( Mark Wild)

You distract the winter court ( Mark Wild)

Your drain the power of the book, your teleportation ring no longer needs 5 minutes to anchor to an area (Mark Power)

You glimpse a terrible secret (Mark Power)





paradoxGentleman posted:

Dalir Boulos
Blood: 0 | Heart 1 | Mind 1 | Spirit 0 || Mortality: 1 |Night: 0 | Power: 0 | Wild:1 |
Harm: O|OO|OO || Corruption: OOOOO || Location: outside Max's bar




Ella's laughter turns vicious and you can practically hear her smirk over the phone. "I would assume it has something to do with her condition. Wouldn't you say that her company is her main asset. Why I would say f you looked at the books, Copperstone doesn't even have a penny to her name. She probably is summoning He-Who-Sings to strike a bargain. She probably think's she can reason with him, or she has a bargaining chip."



She pauses for a moment as if considering something. "I can tell you who my source is, but only if you promise to be my second in command when the war starts."



What do you do?







Tricky posted:


Blood +2 | Heart +2 | Mind +0 | Spirit -1 || Mortality +1 | Night +1 | Power -1 | Wild +1
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☒☐☐☐☐ || Location: Max's



The plans are set and you roll up into De-Luca's Safe Injection site, with half of Ivy's gang in tow. The number isn't what it used to be, not nearly as many that came to spring you out of trouble last time you came, but this time they are armed for bear. You shuffle the heavy hockey bag onto your shoulder and listen closely on the cell phone.



"Allright, guards are away and the back door entrance is just around the corner. Make it quick and make this quiet" Copperstone reminds you. You put away the cell phone and briskly make your way to the basement. With a simple click you are in, and you enter the dusty halls of the basement. It seems normal and the white walls almost make you board out of your mind. Then you turn around the corner and see something that catches your eye.



A large empty white room, with several security cameras around the area. In the center of the room is a small dias, with enough spells and ensorcels on it to scream Posh wizard



A small breeze is eminating in the room, suggesting there is another exit from the room.



What do you do?



MC posted:


Thanks to all the favours people owe you, you get in scott free.

You have 2 hold, spend a hold to have any wepaon magically be in your hockey bag, fully loaded with whatever ammo you need it to be.

Who's accompanying you IN the basement? Ivy and her gang?

thelazyblank
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!



Blood -1, Heart 1, Mind 1, Spirit 2 | Mortality 1, Night 0, Power 1, Wild 0
Harm 0 00 00 | Corruption XXXX0 | Location: At My Sanctum

Murphy's a better driver than she is a wizard's assistant, which is good because I can write down ingredient names for someone else, but I currently can't drive anywhere without someone loaning me a car. Mobility's the key here. Digging through some old books, I find a basic ritual to exorcise an object, then toss in a few ingredients that should mess with demonic influences. Nothing that would hurt Murphy.

I write up a quick list of the few more complicated ingredients for Murphy to head out for. "Don't put the orange buckthorn anywhere near your mouth. If it gets inside, it'll probably cause rapid un-demoning. Leading cause of death and death-like symptoms among those with demons inside of them. I mean, even if it doesn't, will probably get you to throw up for a few hours."

While she's gone, I can set up my ritual circle. A few charcoal marks on the ground, in the pattern of the noon sun, then some ancient Latin lettering around the sun. I'm not sure exactly how to translate He-Who-Sings, but this should work well enough. The idea's there at least. Once Murphy's back, just need to make a powder out of the plants and draw a secondary sun form around the first, this one stylized to draw lines through the middle of the charcoal one. Now all I need is to chant a lot and hope Murphy doesn't ask any question mid-chanting.

I toss a white hood and cloak over my head and shoulders. It clashes with my outfit, but it should give some symbolic power here. "Unless I'm catching on literal fire, it's going to be quiet time until the shouting's done."

The problem with exorcism is that you tend to have to shout a lot. In my case, at the book I just placed in the middle of the ritual. Yelling a book doesn't feel right. Yelling at a book with confidence while shouting in a language no one understands except other wizards takes practice. As the ritual starts to heat up, the powder on the floor starts to light up, and the book starts to move on its own, hovering slightly now above the circle.

OOC posted:

/r 2d6+2 #Let's exorcise this book
SidekickBOT - Last Tuesday at 10:02 AM
@Alanna (TLB): 2d6+2 Let's exorcise this book = (2+5)+2 = 9
From the custom move, picking:
You attract the attention of the summer court (Mark Wild)

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Blood +2 | Heart -1 | Mind +0 | Spirit +1 || Mortality +0 | Night +1 | Power -1 | Wild +2
Harm: X | X X | X ▢ | || Corruption: X☐☐☐☐ || Location: Hot-Dog Shoot-out

My ears are ringing. I smell smoke. Fire. Blood. Death. It takes me a moment to process what just happened. We got rid of Alexi's goons but the cost... the cost is way too high. gently caress.

I was lucky. I barely managed to survive the attack, but most of my gang... they ain't as lucky. They're not werewolves, like me, or Ian. Most of 'em aren't tough enough to survive an attack like that, and they didn't. Too many injured. Too many dead. We need to get outta here before the cops get here.

I lean on Barry, barely holding onto consciousness, and say, "Barry, get the boys onto that truck. Take the injured to Cutter's place. Save as many of 'em as you can." Cutter being the local doctor, or the closest thing we have to one in Haven. He's unlicensed, but he's still the best we have, and he's helped me and my boys out before.

We need to fall back. Lick our wounds, and once enough of us have healed, the hunt will begin.

You've made a big mistake today, Alexi. The biggest loving mistake of your life. Enjoy whatever's left of your life, cuz it sure as poo poo ain't gonna last. When I find you, I'm going to rip out your loving throat.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Arguing about anime since 99

Tardzilla posted:


Blood +2 | Heart -1 | Mind +0 | Spirit +1 || Mortality +0 | Night +1 | Power -1 | Wild +2
Harm: X | X X | X ▢ | || Corruption: X☐☐☐☐ || Location: Hot-Dog Shoot-out


Oh yes vengeance will be delivered. You are just counting the ways Alexi is going to die, but first you should probably take care of your arm, arm's aren't supposed to bend that way.


MC posted:

Roll the faction that Cutter belongs to in a "Hit the streets" roll. Unless you aren't healing and going straight to murdering alexi

What do you do?

Green Bean posted:


Blood: 0 Heart: -1 Mind: +1 Spirit: +3| Mortality -1, Night 0, Power 2, Wild 1
Harm 0/5 | Corruption 2/5 | Location: At the Bar
Dalir, you are also in this scene so you see this/hear this all happen


Anna lets out a wide-eyed look and tries to move, but another musical-note induced vomit stops her in her track. Olivia tries to frantically explain the situation, torn between explaining and assisting anna. The bar sign whacks olivia in the head and she is slammed against the concrete wall of the bar, dazed.



A manhole cover shifts and emerging from it is a large black mass. It swirls and a bird like beak forms at it's center. Several passerby's scream in horror, some of them faint.



The birdlike creature approaches Olivia, sniffs and then turns it's rancorus maw towards Anna. Anna tries to escape, but more and more musical notes emit from her mouth. So much that they form a river to the birdlike creature, who laps them up with malicious glee.

What do you do?



MC posted:


Take 1 damage due to being thwacked by a bar sign, this was due to Anna not trusting you

Birdlike creature has no interest in you and looks like its about to maul Anna



thelazyblank posted:


Blood -1, Heart 1, Mind 1, Spirit 2 | Mortality 1, Night 0, Power 1, Wild 0
Harm 0 00 00 | Corruption XXXX0 | Location: At My Sanctum


The book hovers above the circle and opens, its pages flipping automatically. As Alanna yells ancient words of power a small hovering black hole starts to materialize near the book. The black hole grows, from the size of a penny to the size of a Vancouver manhole cover. The book flips more rapidly, the scripture on it's page being sucked into the black hole.



Murphy opens her mouth to say something and quickly shuts up as Alanna levels a wizard-level glare at her direction. Everything is going according to plan and then it isn't.



The energy of the book is massive, as if hiding something underneath it's pages. White winter snowflakes start to drift from the book, to clog the black hole. Summer leaves hover around the circle, trying to disrupt ingredients. With a loud shout a large snap is broken and Fae magic shatters, the snowflakes are sucked into the black hole, the summer leaves flow around the sanctum, all enchancement gone from them.



And then it gets worse...



A giant hand emerges from the black hole, pushing aside the silly scripture on break dancing, and produces an ancient, gnarled feather. Dark red splots of something hit the ground of Alanna's sanctum and the wards scream: danger. Alanna snarls with effort and the black hole tries to shrink, but another massive hand wrenches it open.



The hand starts working quickly, scribbling quick music notes on the book. Murphy opens her mouth, stares at Alanna, and shuts up. The hand manages to jot down 2 pages of music notes and then with a loud yell Alanna closes the black hole. The ritual snaps shut and the hand is severed, landing in the middle of the sanctum with a loud thump.



The now purged book sings and coos a half completed sweet, sweet, black song. It beckons for you to open it up.



Looks like Alanna has found another one of He-Who-Sings songbooks. Also those summer leaves probably alerted summer, you have heard of an enchantment that would alert summer. Murphy looks at Alanna, a bit concerned. After an awkward silence Murphy says "So... to Copperstone then?"



And as if on queue, Alanna's phone rings. The caller is "Jean-Paul"



What do you do?



MC posted:


Summer has been alerted! Does your sanctum protect you against enchantment or alerting spells sending out?

Also you have one of he-who-sings songbooks. It's half completed.

Finally you have a large, demonic, hand sitting in your sanctum.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

He presumably spends
his time traveling the world, annihilating any rapper foolish enough to challenge him



Blood: 2 Heart: 1 Mind: -2 Spirit: 1 | Mortality: -2 Night: 2 Power: 0 Wild: 2
Harm: X | X▢ | ▢▢ | Corruption: X X X▢▢
Tags: Ghost-Transforming [Controlled by Copperstone's Talisman], Matt's Tool Of Justice (+1 ongoing towards killing Alexi)
Location: The Raven Dimension

"Fu-" is all I get out before the goon's first punch rocks my head straight back into the truck. I try to focus for a second - maybe I can land a kick, or something, make some space - but this rear end in a top hat won't let up for a second and pretty soon it's all I can do to just keep opening my eyes again, but at least seeing Ray struggling gives me something to keep trying for. One shot nails me right in the mouth, and as I feel my ring rip out I'm at least thankful not to have enough blood to choke on. Things go on about the same from there. By the time he bends down to pick me up I'm not even sure how long he's been pounding on me; all I've been aware of is the rhythm of thwacks and thuds my head makes bouncing between knuckles and metal.

I at least have enough in me to struggle when he hoists me up, for all the good it does. The darkness starts at the edges of my sight, and I dig at his fingers with everything I have left as it starts to spread inwards, but even as I can feel my nails biting into him, I know it's not enough. I can see Raven circling above, and as I feel my arms finally fall down and the darkness keeps closing in, Raven's all I can see when-

---

I hit the water hard, but instead of going right under, I start to sink slow, like tar. I don't fight it. It's the most peaceful I've felt in... ever. The darkness seeps up, bit by bit, and I let it cover me, and then there's nothing, no light no sound, no thoughts, no memories. It's nothing, and it's safe, and all I feel and know is I never want to leave it.

And then I'm on my hands and knees on some black rock and the water's gone except for all of it I'm hacking up and all I can hear is cawing and all I can see is the dark oceans and then there She is. I stagger to my feet as She sits, and even though my legs feel like dead weight under me I walk to Her like I'm floating.

Exmond posted:

"I am Morrigan and together we are vengance. Together we are justice."

She silences your questions with a single hand to her lips.

"Alone, you are a 15 year old girl. Alone, you have been caught unaware with the ones you loved. Alone, you are scared, weak and with a penchant to swear. A tool of mine doesn't need to be that vulgar."

The ocean swirls and a streak of lightning is seen in the distance of the vast ocean. A moment later a rumble of thunder is heard. Morrigan stares at you, the meaning of the act unclear.

"You have questions, I have prices. Ask and let my tool be sharpened."

"I-" I try to start, but the words choke in my throat and I have to look away. I can't think of questions. I can't think of anything, and I squeeze my eyes shut as I feel tears starting to burn in them. "Why..." gently caress, why am I such poo poo? "Why me?" I shout. "Why me, when I'm still scared and weak and I still can't fix any of this and-" My legs buckle and I drop to my knees. "What am I supposed to do," I mumble.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Blood +2 | Heart +2 | Mind +0 | Spirit -1 || Mortality +1 | Night +1 | Power -1 | Wild +1
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☒☐☐☐☐ || Location: The Basement (!)

Alright, like I said, I've got this all planned out. Ivy and her boys are outside, in case I need a distraction or extraction or whatever the hell else -ion you can think of, but I ain't gonna drag her in on this wizard bullshit before I figure out what exactly it is. I heft the bag and make my way towards the pedestal in the middle of the room. I have to dodge a few wards on the way, sure, as I time the camera sweeps, but I got what I needed on the defenses from rolling JP. I don't want to say 'What could possibly go wrong?' cause that's all sorts of bad juju to bring down, but seriously. It's pretty drat tempting.

I get up to the dias and look down at it and... What the gently caress is all this supposed to be? Goddamn wizard poo poo.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Last Wednesday at 4:38 PM
@Shin-Hye (Tricky): 2d6-1 Investigate a Place of Power (+Power) = (4+2)-1 = 5

Marking Power, but...

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

*So8*


Dalir Boulos
Blood: 0 | Heart 1 | Mind 1 | Spirit 0 || Mortality: 1 |Night: 0 | Power: 0 | Wild:1 |
Harm: O|OO|OO || Corruption: OOOOO || Location: outside Max's bar

I'm almost finished my discussion with Ella when I hear it.

It's Him. Or if not him, certainly a convincing imitation.

I don't have time to think. I need to act. I run towards the bird-like creature, grab its beak with both arms and shut it, desperately trying to keep it close.

quote:

Rolled an 8 on my Keep it cool roll.

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at Jan 25, 2018 around 08:44

thelazyblank
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!



Blood -1, Heart 1, Mind 1, Spirit 2 | Mortality 1, Night 0, Power 1, Wild 0
Harm 0 00 00 | Corruption XXXX0 | Location: At My Sanctum

The wards do two things: Warn and disperse. I'm imagining that whatever I just set off means that they know I'm in this building. Once they get close enough, something with that amount of power could bust through the wards anyways. Son of a bitch, this was not what I was expecting. Not sure what I was expecting. Still, don't want any of this to get out if I can avoid it. Proper storage and all. Silver and iron boxes for everything. You don't mess with this kind of power, not unless you want to risk going batshit.

"Murphy, one more little favor, could you put that hand in one of the metal boxes around here?" I do the same with the book. Don't want someone to accidentally open it, get curious, or anything like that. And now I'm going to have a talk with Copperstone and whoever is looking for me.

And Jean-Paul. What the gently caress.

"Hey, friend. Good timing, had you called two minutes earlier, you might've unleashed all sorts of hell directly on the city."

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Arguing about anime since 99

Tricky posted:


Blood +2 | Heart +2 | Mind +0 | Spirit -1 || Mortality +1 | Night +1 | Power -1 | Wild +1
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☒☐☐☐☐ || Location: The Basement (!)


As soon as you step inside the room the dias reacts to your presence. You feel magical energies being drained from you and into the dias, as if it is tasting your magical essence. The dias lights up, magical energies crackling against the bronze overlays. A small runic symbol hovers in the air and then expands, forming a red portal that buckles and expand. From the portal emerge two small stone.. things. They move on a half-dozen legs and they have no eyes, no mouths. They do have massive hands, big enough to crush your head easily, and they motion with them for you to enter the portal. Whatever is down there knows that you are here.


Something stirs inside you, a small whisper, something about work left undone. It unnerves you, how does it sound, what does it whisper?



What do you do?



thelazyblank posted:


Blood -1, Heart 1, Mind 1, Spirit 2 | Mortality 1, Night 0, Power 1, Wild 0
Harm 0 00 00 | Corruption XXXX0 | Location: At My Sanctum

"Where are you? We were supposed to meet at the bar!"

You hear Jean-Paul running while he is talking on the phone. A sharp gunshot is heard and a few seconds later Jean-Paulis on the phone, breathing heavily.

"God-drat it she knows, she gonna kill me! Where were you, you said you were gonna protect me!"

You recall a phone call a few hours ago, it seems like days, where you do recall that promise...

Jean-Paul frantically speaks into the phone "I'm at the corner of 5th and 10th avenue. Get over here NOW!" You hear the sounds of a struggle over the phone, Jean-Paul screaming and then more struggle. The phone clatters to the ground and ends in a harsh screech. Murphy comes by, large carboard box in tow, and pokes at the large hand inside of it.


What do you do

Green Bean
May 3, 2009



Blood: 0 Heart: -1 Mind: +1 Spirit: +3| Mortality -1, Night 0, Power 2, Wild 1
Harm 0/5 | Corruption 2/5 | Location: At the Bar

Olivia had stars flashing before her eyes, but she quickly struggled to her feet. A sudden magical beak-face monster attack does wonders to put minor injuries in perspective. She was too far away to stop it from doing...something to Anna's musical notes, but thank god Dalir came in with the distraction, gave her a little time to think. She ran forward, pulling something out of her pocket as she went. Dalir had hold of its face, so the creature was forced to look at the small, intensely magical die she was holding. "You know what this is, big guy? Maybe you can take it, but can you down all three of us before Anna gets away? Back down." It was a bluff, of course. Olivia had no intention of calling down a demon in a public place - that was the kind of thing that got you chased out of town at best. But unless that thing was a mind reader, all it knew was that this lady was crazy enough to carry around a bound demonic totem like it was keychain mace. Who knew what she was willing to do?


Green Bean - Today at 9:05 AM
Not sure if what I'm doing is a Persuade or a Mislead, so I'm just going to roll straight, and the MC can decide whether to add or subtract 1!
/r 2d6 #Persuade or Mislead?
SidekickBOT - Today at 9:05 AM
@Green Bean: 2d6 Persuade or Mislead? = (3+5) = 8

Looks like a partial success either way.

Will pick:
• You create an opportunity
• You expose a weakness or flaw

Green Bean fucked around with this message at Jan 27, 2018 around 17:55

thelazyblank
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!



Blood -1, Heart 1, Mind 1, Spirit 2 | Mortality 1, Night 0, Power 1, Wild 0
Harm 0 00 00 | Corruption XXXX0 | Location: At My Sanctum

"Fine. Next time, try showing up on time. Maybe early, then we wouldn't have missed you. Just hide, we'll be right there." I don't have time to hang up the phone, just enough time to start heading outside. "We have one more to pick up on the way to Copperstone's. Then we're going to figure out what's going on. That was the royal we, by the way. I don't think you'll care all that much."

I'm heading to Murphy's ride, assuming she's coming with me. I really don't have time to waste here, especially if we want Jean-Paul in fewer than two pieces. I thought he'd have been there sooner if he wanted to be safe. Too much going on, anyways.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Arguing about anime since 99

Dalir and Olivia


Dalir rushes forward, ignoring the gathering crowd and place yourself directly b​etween the bird creature and Olivia. This s just a manifestation of He-Who-Sings, a servant, Dalir remembers. He has encountered and beaten this beast before. The bird creature rushes forward, manifesting completely.

With it's hawk like face and dog like body the servan rushes forward, trying to chomp onto Anna. Dalir rushes in time, grabs it's beakk and wrenches it to the side, causing it to tumble. It fights against Dalir and he feels his grip slipping.


MC posted:

Dalir The cost for this action is 1 damage and the bird creature has you prone. Also , you've faced this servant before, did it have any weaknesses? It seems to turn people into spirits and eat them, why? (Check previous Alanna and Sal posts.) The event happens before olivias post. If you don't pay the cost, then the servant takes a chomp out of Anna




The bird beast stops suddenly in it's track, apparently confused by your bluff. It pauses and sniffs at you and before you can react a dark energy courses over you. The energy winds it's way across you and with a loud high pitched note, it dissapears. The Bird creature rears up and shufles backward, roaring directly at you. Apparently whatever you have done has angered it, and it is focused on you.



MC posted:

Olivia you got your opportunity but this thing is gonna come after you! Everyone can immediately escape



What do you do?




Blood: 2 Heart: 1 Mind: -2 Spirit: 1 | Mortality: -2 Night: 2 Power: 0 Wild: 2
Harm: X | X▢ | ▢▢ | Corruption: X X X▢▢
Tags: Ghost-Transforming [Controlled by Copperstone's Talisman], Matt's Tool Of Justice (+1 ongoing towards killing Alexi)
Location: The Raven Dimension





Morrigan stands still for a moment as a cloud of feather breezes across the sea. For a moment there is silence, and then the small crash of the waves. She sits, puts her finger to her lips for a moment and then speaks.



"Why you? That is a a simple answer."


She stands up and the waves crash against the dias, black water trickling onto the rocks. Lightning strikes the sea as she walks towards Sal.



"Right now, you are blunt, uncooth, unrefined. All gods start off as mortals, it is only through the fires of pain and sorrow do they become something more."



A large wave smashes against the dias and a part of the rock collapses. Morrigan grabs you by the chin and lifts you up, assesing you.



"My servants are not poo poo as you put it. They are Vengeance, they are righteous.. They bring pain to their enemies. They deliver harsh lessons for those who need it. You are in dire need of sharpening."



She drops you onto the ground and sits back down onto her throne. The dias starts to crumble around you, slowly as the water erodes it.



"Together, we are ruin. Together, we are justice. As for what you should do I have given you a task. Follow it or earn my displeasure."



What do you do?

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Arguing about anime since 99

Tardzilla posted:


Blood +2 | Heart -1 | Mind +0 | Spirit +1 || Mortality +0 | Night +1 | Power -1 | Wild +2
Harm: X | X X | X ▢ | || Corruption: X☐☐☐☐ || Location: Hot-Dog Shoot-out

Going to Cutters

SidekickBOT - Last Sunday at 9:01 AM
@Jackie Cage (Hugzilla): 2d6 Hit the Streets to get some medical aid (Mortality) = (2+1) = 3


You turn the corner and see Cutter's place and you relax for a moment. The world must really have it out for you, because as soon as relax several dozen wizard converge on Cutters. Several wizards teleport in, wands raised. They march towards Cutter's makeshift area and begin dismantling the wards, slinging defensive spells at the place. Looks like the want this done without any killing.

You see Cutter crouched by a pair of dumpsters, looks like he has escaped their custody, and he looks at his place with a worried expression. It looks like nobody has noticed him yet.

In the center of the wizard gathering is the tell tale of a sherrif outfit. Behind him is a man with red hair and a thick neck, wearing a security suit with the emblazoned brand of "Copperstone Security" on it.

MC posted:

Ouch, Allright you can go talk to Cutter without being seen, but getting healing might be tough.

Can you roll Put a Face to a name of the wizard sherrif (Power), and Put a Face to a name for The Red faced thick neck man (Wild)

What do you do?

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

*So8*


Dalir Boulos
Blood: 0 | Heart 1 | Mind 1 | Spirit 0 || Mortality: 1 |Night: 0 | Power: 0 | Wild:1 |
Harm: O|OO|OO || Corruption: OOOOO || Location: outside Max's bar

When He-Who-Sings projects a part of himself far into the world, it holds a fraction of his power, and shares his weaknesses. Now, I could go on and on about symbolism and demonic magic, but since I am presently holding onto a bird demon's beak for dear life, I'll keep it short. It's all in the name.

He-Who-Sings must sing. It's in his nature, it defines what he is, what he can and cannot do. He can't not be singing, and if you can somehow stop him from doing so, he's weakened. That's part of the reason why I was so paranoid in making earpieces that completely erased sound, back when I first fought him. He wasn't He-Who-Sings for me in that moment, if that makes sense, and so his power over me was weakened.

Which means that if I manage to keep this manifestation's beak shut long enough, he's going to stop being He-Who-Sings and collapse into a puddle of...whatever this sludge is.

"Somebody help me keep this thing under control! Don't let it sing!" I shout to anyone who will listen.

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at Feb 8, 2018 around 09:23

Green Bean
May 3, 2009



Blood: 0 Heart: -1 Mind: +1 Spirit: +3| Mortality -1, Night 0, Power 2, Wild 1
Harm 0/5 | Corruption 2/5 | Location: At the Bar

"Dalir, run! He's after me now, not you!" Olivia had glanced at her cards in the confusion, and she could see what the immediate future held. She and Anna fled on foot, not having time to make it to the car. The bird demon vanished back down the manhole cover, angry...and perhaps a little afraid of the man who knew its weakness. The fleeing pair stopped a few blocks away, Olivia trying to catch her breath, when they saw a nearby manhole cover move shift. They fled again, and again they saw signs of pursuit. The creature led them in a circle, running them down, exhausting them. Eventually, it hounded them into a condemned, derelict restaurant, where it could easily cut off their escape...

At least, that's what she saw coming, so as Olivia fled from the alley, one handedly, she texted Dalir; 2929 Barnet, 20 minutes...

I'll spend one hold to say that the creature is going to ambush us a few minutes after we flee, and drive us into a nearby condemned Arby's. Everyone involved gets +1 to deal with that fact.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Arguing about anime since 99

Tricky posted:


Blood +2 | Heart +2 | Mind +0 | Spirit -1 || Mortality +1 | Night +1 | Power -1 | Wild +1
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☒☐☐

You enter through the portal and find yourself in a massive underground cavern, tunnels carved into the earth like an ant hill. You see more and more creatures, these one made out of flesh. Some of them are large, some of them are small, some of them are barely stitched together. They are all grotesque. A single word seems to ring out in your mind homonculus. The creatures simply stand there, doing simply labour. Some dig more tunnels while other more gigantic barrels of vampire viscera



The two rock creatures accompanying you stop at a doorway, the room it protects lit by an eerie green light. You pause and take a step inside. Before you put your foot down in the room you understand why Ivy and her gang were attacked by vampires.



Still-living vampires. some with the bottom half of their bodies missing, stare out at you from glass tubes. All of them are children and all of them are mutilated in some way. The tubes are filled with an odd green liquid and the vampire are obviously kept against their will, struggling against the thick glass. The whole area appears to be like some magical laboratory and one of the homonculus lye on a lab table, with a weird odd crystal, thats hooked up to one of the tubes.



It dawns on you that the vampires that Ivy had fought when protecting this place must have thought she had stolen the vampire clans. That would explain why there attacks were so... aggressive.



Movement from the other end of the lab makes you realize you are not alone. You see Elias, tinkering with one of the homunculus. He pauses for a moment and presses a small button. The small blonde vampire in the tube lets out an anguished scream as the tube lights up in magical energies and then she disintegrates into a faint white light. The light goes down through the tub and into the odd crystal, which Elias places into the homonculus. A second later and the homunuclus explodes, and the crystal shatters.



"Bah! Another failed attempte!" Elias curses...





MC posted:


Multiple Choice History time shin-Hye! let's explain why you are the only vampire that could survive the sunlight! Are you



1) A company man for the U.N that had his soul ripped out from him and experimented on, resulting in the only working soul-vessel of Elias the Exalted?

2) Elias' partner, willingly helping him with the experiments? An experiment gone wrong ripped your soul from your body and back into some U.N schmuck you had murdered a few weeks prior for poking their nose into things

3) The personification of several pissed off vampire's want for vengeance made manifest?

4) A Company man for the U.N. that was in the wrong place and in the wrong time?

5) Neither! Choose your own history!



Either way , Elias enters your web, Elias is angry at you and you enter Elias's "Must kill" list. You emerge out of the basement unscathed. Say, how good are you at avoiding curses?

Exmond fucked around with this message at Feb 12, 2018 around 03:56

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Blood +2 | Heart +2 | Mind +0 | Spirit -1 || Mortality +1 | Night +1 | Power -1 | Wild +1
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☒☐☐☐☐ || Location: The Basement (!)

I've said it before, I'll say it again: Fuckin' wizard poo poo. It's always something like that, isn't it? 'Course, seein' all that go down did bring some clarity to things. First off, guess that answers why the vamps have been goin' so bugnuts. Might be able to do somethin' with it, rally the Night gangs 'n poo poo to stop these ivory tower motherfuckers from takin' us down piecemeal. And, maybe most pertinently, stop Elias from takin' me down piecemeal. I know that dude's got some serious mojo and, whatever his game is, it's pretty drat clear that he's not gonna take whatever happened layin' down.

And, yeah, it answered some questions about who I am. What I am, even. Two things: I'm On Shin-Hye. Always have been, always will be. Some people just roll over and accept things when their time comes. But me? Heh. I fuckin' pulled myself outta hell by my bootstraps. You think those vamps have some lingering resentment? Try the white-hot rage I felt when that gently caress did his soul-thieving. Course, somethin' like that burns a lot outta ya. It's like all the things that make you human get cooked out along the way, just leavin' the rage smoldering in the embers. Maybe that's why I need to suck in all that human poo poo to stay sane, yanno?

Alright, alright. Next steps... Well, I guess I can fill in Ivy along the way, since she gave me a ride. Might as well give Copperstone a call too, let her know that she's got an angry wizard in her precious basement doin' some dirty wizard business. Ain't nobody likes that. So after a few minutes thinking it all over while we pile in the car, I start to do just that.

@copperstone posted:

it's done. might want to disavow/burn the place, whatever you need to do to cover your rear end. our mystery didn't end up being the good kind if you get what i'm saying. have info if you want to meet.

Cryptic, sure, but about as good as I could do without a face-to-face. Ivy's account of things is a little more complete, though frankly still pretty obtruse. Fuckin' wizard poo poo always is. I say, "Well, Ivy, I ain't gonna say that it's lookin' good. Elias has been doin' some crazy poo poo with makin' vamps or somethin', doesn't look like it's been working, but... poo poo, I dunno. We get this out to the gangs, I bet the bloodsuckers are gonna calm down some. We all got bigger problems than turf wars right now." I sigh. "I figure we need call a meet. All the major players in the area. You, me, Jackie, Alexi, and whoever we can get to represent Arcanis. Neutral ground. A fuckin' parley."

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Blood +2 | Heart -1 | Mind +0 | Spirit +1 || Mortality +0 | Night +1 | Power -1 | Wild +2
Harm: X | X X | X ▢ | || Corruption: X☐☐☐☐ || Location: Cutter's place

It's one thing after another today, isn't it? Jesus Christ, Cutter, what the hell did you do to piss off the wizard police?

I don't recognize the wannabe cowboy, but I do recognize the red haired man next to him. Mordecai, or at least that's what he asks people to call him. I've done a job or two for him before, but the guy always unnerves the gently caress outta me. He might look human, but he doesn't smell or act like one. He smells like the grave. And then there's those cold, empty eyes of his, devoid of any passion, or life. It feels like he's peering into your goddamn soul whenever he looks at you.

Last job I did for him involved hunting down a powerful vamp that was causing trouble for that company of his, and after I took care of his little vamp problem, he said he'd 'repay me back at a later date,' whenever the gently caress that is.

If he's here, then that's extra-loving bad news for Cutter.

I crouch quietly behind Cutter, and before he could react to my appearance, I say, "Shhh!" and raise a finger up to my mouth, telling him to keep quiet, "Do you wanna tell me what that," I gesture over at the wizards raiding his place, "Is all about?"

quote:

@Jackie Cage (Hugzilla): 2d6+2 Put a face to a name (Wild) = (6+4)+2 = 12

On a hit, you know their reputation; the GM tells you what most people know about them. On a 10+, you’ve dealt with them before; he owes me a Debt!

@Jackie Cage (Hugzilla): 2d6-1 Put a face to a name (power) = (1+1)-1 = 1
On a miss, you don’t know them or you owe them; the MC will tell you which.

Welp. At least I advance. Taking Alpha Dog for my advancement!

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at Feb 16, 2018 around 01:51

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

*So8*


Dalir Boulos
Blood: 0 | Heart 1 | Mind 1 | Spirit 0 || Mortality: 1 |Night: 0 | Power: 0 | Wild:1 |
Harm: O|OO|OO || Corruption: OOOOO || Location: outside Max's bar

When oracles speak, it's usually prudent to listen to them. And I trust Olivia enough to let go of this feathered abomination, roll as I land and find my footing. Cobblestones bite into my skin before I grab the leg of a park bench and heave myself up. I don't have the age for these kind of stunts anymore.

Sure enough, the demon retreats into the manhole cover. I catch my breath as my phone pings. I check the message.

quote:

2929 Barnet, 20 minutes

Well, that's direct enough. I stuff my phone into my pocket and hope that someone from Max's bar will know how to deal with bewildered mortals, or at least knows somebody who does. I would do it myself, but I'm going hunting.

quote:

Going to go to that street and prepare myself to ambush a demon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

He presumably spends
his time traveling the world, annihilating any rapper foolish enough to challenge him



Blood: 2 Heart: 1 Mind: -2 Spirit: 1 | Mortality: -2 Night: 2 Power: 0 Wild: 2
Harm: X | X▢ | ▢▢ | Corruption: X X X▢▢
Tags: Ghost-Transforming [Controlled by Copperstone's Talisman], Matt's Tool Of Justice (+1 ongoing towards killing Alexi)
Location: The Raven Dimension

I fall back on my rear end as She stands up and everything crashes around us, because what else am I supposed to do? I don't move then, hands propping me up, until She picks me up, and then I'm just hanging there, staring down as She looks at me. I don't know if I want to shout or cry and I don't have it in me to do either until She drops me to the ground and I at least land with a grunt.

Exmond posted:

"Together, we are ruin. Together, we are justice. As for what you should do I have given you a task. Follow it or earn my displeasure."

My knees ache, and the tear in my lip burns like it's on fire. I'm pretty sure I'm crying, but everything's wet already, so I can't really even tell. But She's right. Together, we're more than me. Together, with Her, I can be more than me. "Okay," I say, pushing myself up to my feet. "I'll do it." And then I give a thumbs up and say, "But there better be a sweet lightshow when I call you in," before immediately regretting it. "I'll, ah," I mumble as I turn to the portals, "just be going now."

Standing in front of the portals, I prod my lip with a knuckle and wince at how large the tear is as much as any pain. I'm gonna look like a fuckin' idiot for a while. Oh well. Bigger things to worry about right now. "Not you, Alexi," I say, flipping him off through the portal as I turn to Ray's. "You'll get your loving turn." I draw my gun and close my eyes as I take a deep breath and try to convince myself of that too. I'll get all of them eventually. Just gotta give it time. That's all.

"Alright." I adjust my grip on my revolver and wipe my brow with the back of my free hand. "Hope you're grateful for this, Ray!" I lunge into the portal, not really sure what's even gonna happen, and brace for it.

quote:

Gonna pre-emptively spend 1 of my free Vigilante hold on taking attacks directed at Ray

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«5 »