Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Blood +2 | Heart +1 | Mind +0 | Spirit -1 || Mortality +2 | Night +1 | Power -1 | Wild +0
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Location: Downtown Vancouver

Logan is a fuckin' prick, no two ways about it, but he's honorable in his own way. Admittedly the kind of honor that means he'll tell ya he's coming to rip out your heart, but what do you expect from a cop? Fuckin' powertrips ain't gonna stop when they have zero accountability. I finally growl, "Yeah, yeah. Take your boys down to the Moonwalker turf at midnight. You know that high-rise offa Osler? The meet's going down then and there. Bring your vamp slayin' poo poo, it's lookin' to be a real shootin' gallery." I pause as he talks some more poo poo, then say, "Yeah, yeah, fuckin' love you too buddy. You owe me big for this. Don't think I work for free or nothin'."

I sigh, then shove my burner back into one of the many pockets of my big-rear end coat. Ain't bad enough that I'm forced to work with the fuckin' fuzz, but I had to get up early to do it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not gonna melt or nothin'. Maybe the bloodsuckers do, but I just get mad tired. Not too bad if I bundle up in a coat 'n hood, but I'm still yawning as I pick my way through the crowd. The contact high I'm gettin' off the crowd is helpin' a bit, but I'm gonna need somethin' a little heavier to get all the poo poo done that needs doin'. Ella's joint is closed, so that's gonna need to wait. Figure that leaves me hookin' up with Crimson Moon to coordinate our play. Logan's boys are goin' for shock and awe. They're not in the business of holding turf. I figure I cut a deal, make sure they know where to close shop and where to be when the time is right, and I'll end the night with a pocket fulla favors and a chunk of turf ta call my own.

I pull out a different phone and punch in the number I got off Chase. Ivy was the Crimson Moon Alpha and a real hard-case. My kind of lady, as it happens. When she picks up, I say, "Yo, Ivy? This is Shin-Hye. ... Yeah, the vamp. Listen, I got some poo poo you need to hear. The fuzz is makin' some big plays tonight and I think we can both make out like bandits. Mind if I drop by? ... Yeah, fine. I'll be there in 15."

Before I slip the phone away, I send Sal a text. Sounded like she was a little slammed with her own poo poo, but she's usually down to dust a few bloodsuckers. Figure I'll put the offer out and see if she bites.

@Sal posted:

Yo, word is there's a big score tonight. You free to dust some vamps?

That done, I head for the meet. Ivy's got a barbecue joint she does business outta. Supposed to be pretty good, just don't ask what kind of meat they're usin'. Rumors is rumors, you know? That kinda chow isn't my jam, not anymore, but who knows? Might get a meal of my own in.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 12:34 PM
@Shin-Hye (Tricky): 2d6+1 Shin-Hye Hits the Street to get some heat for the coming festivities (+Night) = (2+5)+1 = 8

Ivy's got her own problems, but I'm sure Shin-Hye can help sort them out!

Tricky fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jul 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Blood +2 | Heart +1 | Mind +0 | Spirit -1 || Mortality +2 | Night +1 | Power -1 | Wild +0

I pull Ivy into big ol' bear hug when she comes in close. She's a bad bitch who knows her way around a cleaver, yeah, but we get on alright. It's why I'm working with the mutts rather than the bloodsuckers, yanno? They get the poo poo that keeps a band going. Family and loyalty and all that fuckin' business. The kind of thing I used to have with my boys in the UN. As we sit down, I flick off the bottlecap, catch it in my free hand, and slap it down on the table. I clink my bottle with hers, take a pull, and make a face, "Jesus, Ivy, you fillin' these out back?" She laughs. My kind of lady, yeah?

We share a little companionly chit-chat after that as we work our way through the beers. I mention I got a line on springin' her boy Chase. Gave 'im my word and all, but might as well get some warm fuzzies from his boss, yeah? A few minutes later, I finally set my empty down. Not feelin' it. Not even a little. Normal poo poo like this just kinda runs on through, just like with regular people. 'Course I can't get drunk, high, or anything like that unless I'm hitting that Fae poo poo that Ella's got in the back. Doesn't take the edge off the hunger either. Only a good feedin' does that, but I figure Ivy's got some more pressing poo poo on her mind.

I lean back against the table, "Aight, here's the score. The Westies are going to be puttin' on a fireworks show at the Moonwalker's high-rise tonight. Figured you might be interested in a little give 'n take. They're gonna be bleedin' bad after a hit like that. Between us, I figure we can sweep 'em outta Oakside. Got a line on some of their branch offices. Should be nothin' but a skeleton crew. Most of the high-end shits are gonna be covered in some willie-pete or whatever the hell else the Westies lifted from the army." I wait a moment, then add. "Alls I'm askin' is a piece of the take. Some turf, some loot, enough to get some boys of my own set-up. Your lot would be doin' most of the liftin', not gonna short change ya. 'Sides, I'd rather run with ya then do the dance."

I let that hang. Ivy's no fool, she ain't gonna take my word for it straight. Gotta give her some time to see what her sources are sayin'. Meanwhile, I figure we can talk about some other business, "Course, lookin' like you've been fightin' a war in these parts." I crook an eyebrow at 'er. "Anything that needs a little attention? You know I got that... delicate touch." I grin. "What's a favor or three between friends, yeah?"

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 3:54 PM
@Shin-Hye (Tricky): 2d6+1 Shin-Hye persuades Ivy! = (2+6)+1 = 9

Since Shin-Hye is Irresistible, that's a 10+. Ivy goes for the tit-for-tat offer.

Tricky fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jul 1, 2017

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

I crack my beer too and nurse it as she fills me in on her poo poo. It's about what I figured. Fuckin' wizards, man, always muckin' things up for the workin' folk. poo poo, had to be fuckin' Elias too. He helped me out back when I was gettin' my feet wet with all this spooky poo poo and ya just know he's the type to hold it over ya. Figures the one wizard I really didn't want to run into was the cause of all this poo poo. Alright, alright. Cool yer poo poo, Shin-Hye. Y'ain't gotta go talk to 'im, always a chance ya can figure this poo poo out on yer own. Everyone knows he's got beef with Isabella, so it probably has somethin' to do with that. Might as well check that buildin' first and see if anything's lookin' hosed up. I can grill some vamps after. Might be nice to warm up before the poo poo pops off tonight.

I put my arm around Ivy's shoulder and clink our bottles together, "Aight, you got it, lady. I'll get this poo poo sorted and then we can show the bloodsuckers a thing or two later on, yeah?" I pour on the charm. "Hell, mebby I can take ya out on the town for a little somethin'-somethin' before the poo poo goes down. I've got a line on some real fun poo poo to do after hours. Make this workin' partnership we got goin' on somethin' special." I wink. "Not that y'ain't my number one wolf already, Ivy." From the vibes she's puttin' off, I think she's more excited about the back half of that than the front. Heh. I can have that effect on people. I pull back a little, lettin' the moment breath for a bit, and I can feel the disappointment on 'er as I get back to business.

I look 'er in the eye, "So tell me 'bout this building, Ivy. You give me an address and I'll figure this poo poo out."

Shin-Hye agrees to the promise... and seduces Ivy for good measure.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 9:50 AM
@Shin-Hye (Tricky): 2d6-1 Shin-Hye puts a face to Elias's name (+power) = (2+3)-1 = 4

Shin-Hye owes Elias a debt for some obfuscation enchantments and other defenses used to hide their haven.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Yanno, it ain't often that somethin' like this catches me off guard. I mean how fuckin' good at this poo poo am I? Ivy's fightin' a war over here and here I come in and smooth-talk my way into her pants in two beers. Aight, fine, mebbe its more that I've been workin' this angle for a while now. Ivy's the full package, yeah? She's got what I need, I fuckin' like her style, and I have a feelin' that this poor fuckin' table hasn't got a clue what's gonna hit it. But, swear ta god y'ain't gonna tell anyone this, but maybe this poo poo's about more than needs and plots and poo poo. I miss my boys, I really do, and the wolves are about as close as I've gotten to gettin' that same vibe. poo poo. Now I'm gettin' all weird and overthinkin' things. I always think better when I'm done feedin' anyways.

Needless ta say, I join her in the back. I ain't gonna blow yer mind with the details or nothin', but let's just say that fuckin' table is pretty drat tough. It'd have to be to survive half the poo poo we did. Who knew she was a goddamn carpenter or whatever the gently caress too? After we finish up, we find a little more comfortable spot in the back on a couch and just, yanno, chill for a bit. Ivy was shootin' off some mad good vibes and I was still comin' down from the all-you-can-eat buffet. You know how normal people get all sleepy and poo poo when they stuff themselves? I kinda get all jazzed up on the emotions I've been eatin'. So I'm not exactly ready to go investigate some wizard poo poo just yet. I'm more game for, like, round five, but I've still got poo poo ta do tonight and that just gets into a fuckin' vicious cycle.

I hold Ivy close for a moment, then that goddamn thing I was thinkin' about earlier slips out, "Yo, uh, Ivy. You and your boys have done right by me, you know? Just wanna say that... Well, poo poo. I fuckin' dig your style, alright? Reminds me of what I had before I got jumped. So, yanno, don't be shy if y'all need poo poo. Okay? I got your back. Wizards, bloodsuckers, whatever. Not gonna leave ya out ta dry." Fuckin' dunno if I can even still blush or not, but if I could? poo poo. I'd look like a goddamn tomato. Ivy pulls me in for a kiss, long and deep and real as poo poo, and, for a moment, I think maybe soundin' like a fuckin' idiot wasn't so bad.

Somethin' was different between us. I felt it and, from the way she was eyein' me, I bet she did too. I know ya can't trust anyone in this biz, but... gently caress. Is it wrong if I want ta give it a shot? We chill on the couch a bit longer, but I need to go check this poo poo out. I'm fuckin' pumped up and ready to dust some Moonwalkers tonight, but it ain't right if I ditch out on Ivy now. 'Sides, I haven't heard back from Sal yet, so I need some of Ivy's boys at my side ta make this play happen.

I put my poo poo back on, big fuckin' jacket and all, and leave Ivy with a quick kiss. On my way out I say, "Gonna check that basement out, aight? I'll be back later when I sort this poo poo out. And, uh..." I wink. "Maybe we can celebrate after the bloodsuckers are outta our hair. Still gotta get you out on the town, yeah?" With that, I'm gone. Time ta do this poo poo before I get sucked back in. God knows it was pretty goddamn tough gettin' off the couch.

I get back my car and head towards the building. One thing is for drat sure. Traffic is still fuckin' awful.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 11:01 AM
@Shin-Hye (Tricky): 2d6+2 Shin-Hye retroactively feeds off of Ivy! = (1+4)+2 = 7

Ivy doesn't die, +1 forward.

Intimacy Moves posted:

On Shin-Hye's end, they choose to reveal a secret about themselves (this thing with the Crimson Moon isn't just about business or just some scheme), Ivy owes a debt, and she also enters the Web.
On Ivy's end, she creates a primal bond with Shin-Hye. Until the end of the next session, she always knows where Shin-Hye is and when they're in trouble.

Tricky fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Jul 11, 2017

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Location: Safe Injection Site

Well, first things first, yanno? Gotta take that call. Ella ain't exactly the type to waste my time. I slip the burner outta my coat and say, "Yo, Ella, whatcha got?"

While I wait for her reply, I look at the boys makin' their way towards me. Now, me and yer usual renta-cop don't get on well. I don't got any beef with Copperstone, but I guess it ain't a big fuckin' surprise when they make like they want to smash my face in. As the goons get on in my face, I muffle the phone and say, "Aw, c'mon, ain't no reason to be like that. Alls I'm doin' is taking a look. Mebbe I want ta shoot up." Hah. Like that was gonna work. Alright, poo poo. Go big or go the gently caress home, right? "Alright, poo poo. I'm one of those, whatcha call 'ems, independent contractors. From the main office. Just checkin' the perimeter, yanno? Got some reports of some weird poo poo goin' down and that means you guys got a leak. My job to plug it."

...Yeah, I don't think they're buyin' it. I'm startin' ta think I might be in for a bit of a dust-up. I let up off the phone and say, "Hey, uh, Ella? Might need ta call ya back. Gotta few mean-lookin' friends here that look like they want a word."

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 7:48 PM
@Shin-Hye (Tricky): 2d6+0 Shin-Hye tries to mislead the security guards! = (2+4)+0 = 6

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Location: Safe Injection Site

Fuckin' just what I need. Kelly Fuckin' James puttin' her punk-rear end cop sniffer in the worst goddamn place possible. What's next? Bringin' in the entire Council? I wasn't playin' earlier when I mentioned Ella ripped a guy in half for messin' with her turf. poo poo. If I didn't think she'd burn me, I'd just let the dice roll and the city wouldn't miss 'er. Kelly better fuckin' appreciate what I'm doin' for her or it's the last time.

I point to the phone and mime like 'can ya believe this poo poo?' at the guards and bounce. As I'm walkin' back to my car, though, I'm doing some poo poo I never thought I'd be doin': savin' a fuckin' Westie. I say, "Ella, c'mon. You know I'm gonna figure this poo poo out. Kells is one of those fuckin' idiots who hasn't quite cottoned on to how things run. Yet. I know you've been wantin' some pull with the coppers and I've got a line on that for ya. But I can't get you plugged in with the right people if ya ace one of 'em. Sure, yeah, she's on the outs with her boss man, but it's still us and them, yanno?"

I muffle the receiver and sigh. This poo poo was gettin' intense. I guess this fuckin' basement had to wait. Ivy knows I'm good for it, anyways. I'll get her settled before the night's up. Unmuffling, I say, "Tell ya what, El. I'm not too far out, I'll get her sorted out and with the program. Do what ya gotta to keep her outta your ritual, but the less marks your boys leave the easier this'll be for the both of us. I'm tellin' ya, she could be the crack in the Westies we need. And even if she ain't, we need to figure out who's been talkin', yeah?"

I kick the car into gear and turn out into the poo poo traffic. What a day.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 6:32 AM
@Shin-Hye (Tricky): 2d6+1 Shin-Hye promises Ella that she'll figure out the cop situation! = (6+2)+1 = 9

Effective 10+ due to Irresistible, so Ella goes with it.

Edited in a feed roll earlier, taking +1 forward (for next post) and Ivy does not die.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Location: Ella's Club

As I walk in, I can't believe my fuckin' ears. Ms. Prim and Proper Copper is makin' a deal with Ella? Did Hell go glacial while my back was turned? 'Course, I'm not the only one who heard. One of Ella's boys, the fucker in the mankini, was pocketing a recorder. I don't think Kells saw that. Heh. That can't be good for her career. Mebbe I'll let her in on the secret... but not for free. Westies gotta pay for what I got, 'specially Kells. Don't think I'm takin' this blackmail thing layin' down or nothin'.

I give Ella a 'sorry, traffic is lovely, whatcha gonna do' look and shrug, then say, "Aw, lookit this. Looks like ya'll made nice while I was fightin' my way across town." I slap Kells on the back. Not enough to send her flyin' or nothin', but more than enough to let her know I wasn't happy she was makin' my life miserable. "Didn't think you were the clubbin' type, Kells. Didn't think you were a complete fuckin' idiot with a death wish either, but I guess I'm learnin' all sorts of new poo poo today."

I look between the two, then say, "Aight, well, whatcha two need? The fuckin' Shin-Hye problem solvin' express is in the station and I gotta schedule to keep. Lotta problems need solvin' tonight."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Ella pulls me in close and sprays some of that orange poo poo she likes on me. Okay, yeah, I probably have a bit of wolf goin' on. It happens, alright? Sheesh. Now I'm gonna be smellin' like amber and whatever-the-gently caress for the next few days. That fae poo poo has some staying power. She makes her pitch and I'm listenin'. I think about it real quick and mutter back, "Yeah, aight. I'll see what I can do. I do this, though, and mebbe you scratch my back. Got some poo poo I was lookin' into earlier before Kells crashed your party. Ran into some Copperstone goons atta injection site. Word is something in the basement is drivin' the vamps all crazy. Know it's not your usual crowd, but if ya got anything I can use..." I make a show of waving off the spray as she responds and pushes me away.

While she gets a solid promise outta Kells — almost feel sorry for the kid at this point, seen the kinda thing that happens to oath breakers in these parts — I'm keepin' myself busy by figuring out Mankini. It's not like I'm that interested in gettin' that recorder from him, but you never know when havin' a little dirt on the law'll come in handy... 'Specially the formerly-clean kind, like Kells. I ain't exactly a fan of havin' her hold poo poo over my head, so maybe she can be convinced to bury that if I bury this for 'er.

When Kells finishes her speech, I give a slow clap and say, "Aw, lookit you. Makin' deals like the rest of us." I look her up and down. "Aight, spill it. What brought your Westie rear end to Gastown? Run outta tickets to hand out?"

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 3:55 PM
@Shin-Hye (Tricky): 2d6 Shin-Hye puts a name to Mankini's face = (1+5) = 6

Shin-Hye either hasn't seen him around or owes him for something. Either way, advancing!

Taking Tireless from the Vessel as my first off-playbook move.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Since I forgot to add that +1 forward, Warren does not actually have a debt on Shin-Hye! Whoops.

I nod quietly at Ella's offer. Not sure I'm gonna take it since they always cost more than you'd think, but it's nice to know she's got my back. In her own way.

When Warren comes in to pat me on the back, I let him do his thing. Fuckin' ridiculous clothes aside, he's aight. Saved my rear end that time, y'know? 'Course, he's got a big mouth sometimes. The kind that gets him in trouble. Ella's a big deal in the Fae realm, but she's not as established around these parts. So when he ran across one of Copperstone's soulless thugs talking poo poo about her, Mr. White Knight bit off a bit more than he could chew. Lucky for him, I got a big goddamn appetite for a scrap and pulled his rear end outta the fire. So yeah. We're pretty fuckin' even. I look at him, look at his lack of pants, and grin, "Of course I did. Didn't you get those goddamn pants I sent ya, Warren? It's all the rage in these parts."

'Course, Kells is already bookin' it for the door, so I hustle up just in time for her to hit me with both barrels of salt. drat, lady. I give her a half-raised eyebrow, "Aw, that's noble of ya, Kells." I ain't lying there. For all my rough and tumble charms, I do have lines I don't cross. As she continues to complain about things, I finally have to give a little back. I glare at her, "Oh, right, like you have any room to talk. Y'wanna know why me and Ella are tight? It's cause she ensures the kind of people who want my attention can find it. I ain't like the rest of bloodsuckers in town, I don't just stalk the alleys. So gently caress right off with that business."

I ain't exactly the happiest camper as we're heading back out of the club, but I'm not the type to stay silent forever. After we hit the parking lot, I cross my arms and plant myself in front of her car, "I wasn't kidding about ya stickin' your neck in a place it shouldn't be. Y'wanna know why you're still breathin'? It's 'cause I fuckin' put the idea in Ella's head that you were more useful alive than as a stiff." I let that sink in for a second. "You owe me for that poo poo, believe me."

Shin-Hye is arguing for a Debt on Kelly!

I think about tellin' her about the recorder, but I figure I can keep that in my pocket for later. I'm more interested in this wolf that's got her all hot and bothered. I say, "Alright, whatever. What's going on with this wolf of yours? Buncha poo poo going down with that crowd all over town."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Harm:(electrical burns, -1 until end of scene) |☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Location: Injection Site

As I walk up to the goddamn rent-a-cop filled fun house I'd agreed to check out — that Kells's wolf was also at, talk about a small fuckin' world — one of my burners buzzes. Sal. Sounds like she has her own poo poo going, but I'll drop her the details anyway. Girl likes to dust some vamps, never gonna say no to the prospect of her crashing our party. I tap in a quick message and drop the phone back into a pocket.

@Sal posted:

Hitting some Moonwalker stashes at midnight in Oakridge. It's gonna be a hell of a show. [picture of a map with the stashes highlighted]

I pull my big rear end coat a little tighter to block more of the sun. I'm not liking the looks of all this. I mean, yeah, no fuckin' way they bought that poo poo I was layin' on 'em earlier. Didn't figure they'd call in the fuckin' army, but... Well, poo poo. My word's about all I've got, yanno? 'Sides, I'm not about to let Ivy down after all that poo poo I let slip earlier. I try to look casual, maybe slip in with the rest of the normal fuckers and... yeah, looks like I've made a new friend. Fuckin' Firehair and his fuckin' big-rear end taser. Jesus.

Obviously I'm not gonna go with him. That poo poo sounds crazy. Good way to get got. So... mebbe it's time to let these fucks know who they're messing with. I reach for my guns, but fuckin' Kells is right there. poo poo. That moment of hesitation costs me. The goon is pretty quick on the draw and sees me goin' for 'em. The prongs bury themselves deep in my thigh — thank gently caress I shifted at the last second — and all sorts of juice fuckin' just about blows my mind.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Yesterday at 3:42 PM
@Shin-Hye (Tricky): 2d6-1 [Can Shin-Hye keep their cool?] Probably not! = (2+3)-1 = 4

1-harm, -1 ongoing until the end of the scene.

Now, I like to think I'm a pretty fuckin' reasonable person. You don't fuckin' tase me, I don't break your face. Well. Given the circumstances? I'm gonna be breakin' a lotta fuckin' faces. I crack my neck back and forth, meet his eyes, and fuckin' slam my head into his nose. If I was a bloodsucker, I'd be in fuckin' heaven. As is? I'm still feelin' like I owe him a little somethin'-somethin'.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Yesterday at 3:35 PM
@Shin-Hye (Tricky): 2d6+2 Shin-Hye goes all John Woo The Raid on the guards! = (5+6)+2 = 13 (12 including the -1 ongoing which technically happened first)

Inflicting terrible harm with bare fists and vamp strength for a total of 2-harm.

I rip the prongs outta my leg while Firehair reels back and grimace in pain. That fucker was gonna pay. They all were. But, despite it all, I'm pretty fuckin' tough. And really, really fuckin' mad. I'm already in motion by the time he's got his hand up where his nose used to be. I put a boot through his knee. Goin' by the howl of pain, the fact he's writhin' on the floor, and the way his leg's going all cross-wise, I don't think he's gonna be goin' anywhere for a while.

'Course, that did have the effect of drawin' all his rear end in a top hat buddies over towards me. Batons? Riot guns? Like that's gonna slow me down. I'm gonna ram that poo poo straight down their throats. I point at one of the closest of 'em and give him the classic 'come at me, bro' hand wave. I think he must've seen what I did to his buddy, cause he ain't comin' at me. Looks like he's a little scared. I burst into a sprint and lay into him with a flyin' knee. I stomp his face for good measure, but there's no time to really work 'im over.

I've got dozens of 'em to show exactly why you don't mess with On Mother-Fuckin' Shin-Hye. I crack my knuckles. This is gonna be a fuckin' riot.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Harm:(electrical burns, -1 until end of scene) |☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☐☐☐☐☐ || Location: Injection Site

Ohhh yeah! This was the stuff! It'd been way the gently caress too long since I'd really let loose. It looked like Bloodface was too busy readin' the riot act to do much fightin', so I decide to focus more on his boys. I'm not likin' the looks of his heavies in the back, but as long as they're stayin' away and I'm over here... Might as well enjoy myself, yeah? I break a goon's baton over his head and throw 'im into a few of his friends. 'Smuch as I wanted to do this by my lonesome, I might need to call in Ella's favor sooner than later.

I point at one of the security punks, then charge at him with a flying kick. As the guy topples under the force of my kick, I can't help but think... The favor can wait til I punk these clowns, right? It's hard to concentrate on anything but how good this feels right now.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Yesterday at 8:13 PM
@Shin-Hye (Tricky): 2d6+1 Unleash on the Security Goons = (6+2)+1 = 9

Inflicting Terrible Harm (2-harm) on the Security Goons and putting Shin-Hye in a bad spot.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

I reach out for the threads. Normally I'm not the type to go takin' without askin', but these punks started it all. Of course, before I can really dig in, somethin' goes all sideways.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 12:16 PM
@Shin-Hye (Tricky): 2d6+1 Shin-Hye feeds from the crowd! = (2+1)+1 = 4

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Harm:(electrical burns) |☒ (bruised and battered) ☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☒☐☐☐☐ || Location: Injection Site

By the time I shake myself outta the funk from gettin' beat to poo poo by all those beanbag guns, everything's gone all crazy. gently caress me. This has been a great fuckin' day so far. I play dead for a bit while I get my bearings. So it looks like Ivy's here, Sal's here talkin' to Ivy... and poo poo. I forgot she ran with Copperstone. I know she can walk that sort of thing off, but it's not a good look when you try to blow out your vamp-huntin' buddy's brains. Especially not with how she's bein' all... I dunno if friendly is the right word for it, but Ivy ain't tearin' her throat out, which is a fair sight better than those punks I was beatin' on earlier are doing.

I pull myself to my feet, lookin' a pair of daggers at Ol' Firehead, then cut into their talk with a bitter chuckle, "Ya really believe that, kid? This clown fuckin' tased me while I was textin' you earlier, so 'scuse me if I don't believe in the whole Copperstone hospitality bit. Plus with whatever weird wizard poo poo your lot has in the basement..." I look at Sal seriously. "Might want to ask yer boss why the vamps are goin' crazy, huh?"

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Harm:(electrical burns) |☒ (bruised and battered) ☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☒☐☐☐☐ || Location: Injection Site

I put up a tough front while Ivy fusses over me, but I'm not gonna lie: I'm drat glad that Ivy bailed me out like that. Still... If anything happens to her, I'm gonna lose my poo poo like this city wouldn't even believe. I shoot a look over at Sal, "Alright, kid, we'll do it your way. Nice and easy. 'Course, if this goes to poo poo..." I let that hang for a moment, but, before I can finish, Officer Kelly 'I have a fuckin' death wish like you wouldn't believe' James shows up to throw her weight around. Christ. Like this situation couldn't get any more completely hosed.

I sigh, "Kells, do you even have the smallest fuckin' idea whose toes you're steppin' on right now? Here's a hint: It ain't the kind that wants law attention. poo poo. I've dragged your rear end outta the fire once already today, don't expect a repeat. Y'dig?"

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Harm:(electrical burns) |☒ (bruised and battered) ☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☒☐☐☐☐ || Location: Copperstone's Lair

It ain't my first fuckin' rodeo, that's for drat sure. I've had my fair share of meets with this kind of fancy-pants criminal. So, yeah, her goons pat me down and pocket my gats. Not the greatest look for me takin' off if things get dicey, but there's somethin' I can point to when Copperstone gets her brimstone panties in a twist. For all that she has it in for me, I didn't gun down her flunkies in broad daylight and her punk-rear end ell-tee started this poo poo. Gotta admit, the wheelchair almost brings a smile to my face when they wheel it in. Almost. If I wasn't still contemplatin' how I was gonna eviscerate Fire Ed or whoever the gently caress he thinks he is, that is.

I lean back in the offered chair, Ivy in the chair next to me, and look at Copperstone through her fancy magic shield, "Gonna put this out there, lady, but your boy tazed me first. We all know drat well I coulda gunned all your goons down without breakin' a sweat. Outside of that poor gently caress missin' a face — sorry 'bout that, I'll send a fruit basket or whatever the gently caress — I think you'll find that I showed a fuckin' real lot of discretion for a fight your boys picked." I lazily point at the vent. "Course, I think we'll all find whatever you put in that basement a hell of a lot more interesting to talk about. What with your wizard poo poo causin' vamps around town to go all crazy..."

I let that trail off for a second, then add. "Kells ain't exactly in her jurisdiction here, this ain't a traffic stop, but I got a line to the real magic cops on fuckin' speed dial. Why don't we drop the dick wavin' contest — I'm sure you're packin' some real heat, I'll take your word for it — and make a fuckin' deal. This ain't my scene, I just want whatever it is that's fuckin' with my friends and theirs to get gone."

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 8:33 PM
@Shin-Hye (Tricky): 2d6+1 Shin-Hye turns the vamp mojo to 11! (Persuade Copperstone) = (1+2)+1 = 4

The general jist being that Shin-Hye is promising Copperstone that they will get out of her life and leave her interests alone once she stops doing things that mess with Ivy and the Crimson Moons. Thanks to Irresistable, it's actually a 7-9, but this attracts the attention of one of Shin-Hye's rivals or enemies.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Harm:(electrical burns) |☒ (bruised and battered) ☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☒☐☐☐☐ || Location: Copperstone's Lair

Well now. Copperstone is all over the place. She wants info on Ella — and believe me, I know poo poo that would make Copperstone's brain fuckin' explode with how good it is — and she wants me behind bars. Not really a great strategy for makin' me talk, yeah? I say to Copperstone, "I ain't against makin' a deal like that, but it seems like y'already know how much she does for me. You offerin' to take her spot, lady?"

Alright, fine, some of those charges are legit. Not like they're gonna stick, not with my contacts with Vancouver's Finest bein' what they are right now, but I can't really afford to spend the night in lock up given how busy it promises to be... And Ivy'd probably fuckin' tear Kelly in half when she tried to put me in the car. Now, don't get me wrong, 'bout half of me wouldn't mind getting the world's fuckin' biggest idiot outta my life, but... I mean, what good's a favor or two if they ain't around for ya to cash it in? Whether she likes me or not, she owes me a fuckin' ton.

God, and of course Aatma had to crash things. This prick makes me see red erry time he Kramers inta my life. I check my phone real quick and smile. Sal's got business with him, huh. You know, I bet I could... Oh, Shin-Hye, you're a fuckin' mastermind. This is like so many birds linin' up to get stoned. Or whatever the gently caress the sayin' is. I stand and put a hand on Ivy's shoulder, she's up and flailing a chair like she's gonna break it over Kelly's head, and say, "Aw, Kelly, you know I'm gonna go quiet. Of course, what with all the rear end-savin' I've had to do for ya lately, it really wouldn't surprise me if you accidentally nabbed that rear end in a top hat instead. All vamps look alike, right?"

Calling in a debt! Asking the medium favor of Kelly arresting Aatma in Shin-Hye's place!

As I wait for Kelly's reaction and rub the hell outta Ivy's shoulder, I take a moment to murmur in her ear, "Don't worry, Ivy, they've all got an angle, but so do I. Let's keep it all smiles, yeah? Time and a place to rip and tear. Hopefully, it won't come to that tonight."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Marking Mortality for successfully calling in Kelly's debt.

Hell yeah. Nothin' like a dirty cop usin' her grit on someone deservin' for once. I'm in such a good mood that I don't even think I'll clue in Ella on who exactly spilled her secrets. Unless she asks real nicely, I guess, but that's life, ain't it? I look Copperstone in the eyes, shrug, and say, "Aw, what the hell. It's been one of those days, yeah? I'll call it square if you do, lady." I toss a card onto Ed. I woulda tossed it to her directly, but I figure the desk mojo wouldn't like that. It gets stuck in that mop he calls a hairdo. I add, "My number. Should be good for a few more days, but I gotta swap out my burners soon. "

Accepting Copperstone's deal! Marking Wild for, essentially, calling in that debt. Copperstone exits The Web.

I make a note to check up on Elminster High and how exactly the Crimson Moons were all tied up in it. Musta been before my time, but that's not sayin' a lot. A lot of things in the shadows are. I know Ella's not a saint, Ivy neither, but I'm not exactly the fuckin' pope myself. I just have a bottom line and I like to be clued in on this sorta poo poo. Either she'll tell me up front or I'll get word from the street. It don't really matter to me.

I walk across the room, pop my hand on Sal's shoulder, and murmur, "Aight, kid, believe it or not, I just did you a solid there. I got a few connections on the force that should get us in alone with him for a little Q and A. 'Sides, he and his boys have a hot date planned tonight. White hot. The kind it'd be hard to ask him questions after."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Blood +2 | Heart +1 | Mind +0 | Spirit -1 || Mortality +1 | Night +1 | Power -1 | Wild +1
Harm:(electrical burns) |☒ (bruised and battered) ☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☒☐☐☐☐ || Location: The Bar

As Ivy and I pound a few brews, I begin to lay down the night's festivities with some bar snacks and coasters serving as an improvised map. I say, "Aight, so the cops are gonna be dropping some heat here..." I put down a handful of crisps on a coaster representing the highrise. "So that leaves the stashes I've tracked down here, here, and here." I place some mixed nuts on the indicated locations. "You'n the Moons are gonna be a big help, Ivy, real big, but I've got some ringers to spread the heat out as much as possible." I give her my most sultry smile and put a couple of shot glasses upside down on opposite flanks of the Moonwalkers' territory.

I tap my head. "One last thing. I've got a source, best intel ya ever did hear 'bout, and they've helped me set this all up to go as smooth as possible. No guarantees in this biz, but it's about as close as it gets."

Owing debts to Ella, Copperstone, and Olivia for a little assistance!

I say, "This is gonna be rough, even with everything I've done ta prep, so if things go bad..." I draw her close and we share a real deep kiss. "Well, it's been a helluva ride, Ivy. You and yours have done right by me, I ain't gonna forget that no matter what happens tonight."

quote:

SidekickBOT - Yesterday at 6:58 PM
@Shin-Hye (Tricky): 2d6+5 Get that territory, son! = (6+1)+5 = 12

Territory (+Obligations)!

End Move: Shin-Hye is learning more about the factions of the Wild and the upcoming conflicts between Ella and Copperstone, but they're drifting further and further from the street-level dealings with Mortality they were familiar with. +Wild/-Mortality.

Also! Shin-Hye is proposing that they owe a debt to Ivy for her car-based assistance.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Blood +2 | Heart +1 | Mind +0 | Spirit -1 || Mortality +1 | Night +1 | Power -1 | Wild +1
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☒☐☐☐☐ || Location: My Turf

Ain't no place like home, yeah? Sure, sure, I got a ghost up in my biz, but it could be a helluva lot worse. I've been gettin' my boys set up — I call 'em Silvers, people get all silver-eyed and strong as gently caress sometimes when I feed offa 'em. Haven't much figured it all out, but what the hell! Ain't a spot on yours truly, but they've got enough muscle to hang with the riff-raff that's lookin' to horn in on my new digs. Anyways, there's always a bunch of bullshit to take care of when you make a big move like this. You gotta grease the right palms, make sure the locals know who's lookin' out for 'em, make an example or two... Reminds me of the good times, yanno? Before all this spooky poo poo.

'Course, it's not all sunshine and puppies. Speakin' of puppies, somma Ivy's kids got winged when we were stormin' the place. I ain't gonna lie, I couldn't really have done it without 'em. That's why I'm still stomping around this whole basement business. poo poo ain't been nothin' but trouble, but Ivy's done right by me and my boys. I'm gonna square things up. 'Sides, I bet she'd be all appreciative and whatnot. Might even invite her to my new digs, show her a little of that fuckin' Shin-Hye hospitality.

Of course, when you're pokin' around fuckin' wizard poo poo like this goddamn basement, yer gonna need a fuckin' wizard to make sure nobody goes back in time to unkill the fuckin' dinosaurs or something. Even with Copperstone slippin' me info and an opening on the sly, I ain't about to take chances.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Last Monday at 12:07 PM
@Shin-Hye (Tricky): 2d6-1 Shin-Hye's all tangled up in that basement POWER business. = (6+5)-1 = 10

Debt on someone POWERful!

Also, as Ivy is still In The Web at the start of session, I learn a secret that she would rather keep hidden.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Aw, callin' it an ambush makes it sound like me 'n Ivy mighta been in trouble. It was more of an appetizer, really, and the goons scattered once we hucked a few of 'em inta some cars. But, yeah, go figure. The De-Luca lead was just a bust... is what I bet you're thinking. Hah. Far from it. These fuckers tipped their hand, now I'm all up in their poo poo like you wouldn't even believe. Jean-Paul, De-Luca, all these motherfuckers better bet that I'm gonna settle things when it comes time. Ain't no magic that's gonna save their fancy robed asses. Not from me and mine.

Ivy has a way with these clowns. Like this scumbag spell-slinger that set it all up? What's his face... Reginald Quinn? Yeah, Reggie is practically shittin' himself while she flails him around like a big ol' magic chew-toy. You can hear the tinklin' of all his fancy magic poo poo bouncin' off the pavement below up. This kinda thing is why me and her get on like a house on fire. We know howta talk ta people so they listen, yanno?

I look over towards the two of 'em and subtly give Ivy the 'he's probably ready to talk' sign. It's a lot like a thumbs-up, but, yanno, subtle.

As she hoists him up and gives him a few more shakes for good measure, I say, "Awright, you ready to talk? Here's the way I figure it. We're doin' you a real solid by not fuckin' powerbombin' ya into the asphalt. That's even after yer boys tried ta ventilate us. So you get one chance. Tell me somethin' good, I put in a good word with Ivy. Play bullshit wizard games..." I heft a tall-boy of some lovely BC beer, flip it in my hands a couple of times, then idly huck it off the building. His eyes follow it all the way down and you can fuckin' see him puttin' the pieces together when it hits and explodes into a cloud of foam. "So let's get to business, Reggie. What the gently caress is in the basement?"

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

"A hedge wizard, huh, well looks like you made a pretty fuckin' big mistake this time. Tell you what. I'm feelin' generous today. You're going to owe me 'n Ivy in a real big way. Real, real big." I shrug, "Or she can drop you. I don't give a gently caress."

I hold out a finger, stopping the man's inane patter in response to my offer, and take the call. I say, "It's Shin-Hye. Whatcha got for me?"

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Blood +2 | Heart +2 | Mind +0 | Spirit -1 || Mortality +1 | Night +1 | Power -1 | Wild +1

Huh, some fuckin' spooks are after me now? poo poo. What the hell did I do to catch their eye? I mean, yeah, the turf me 'n the Crimson Moons picked up is pretty choice, but I didn't think it'd rate one of those suit outfits. Still, whatever, gotta bust 'em up. Ain't good for yer rep to let a bunch of assholes try and roll your friends or their friends for info on ya. Plus, y'know, ain't nobody gonna put the business to Mankini but me. God, I hope he got those fuckin' pants I sent him and starts wearin' em. Y'can't just walk around like that anymore, gets ya some real weird looks and people start wonderin' what crazy poo poo's hidin' in yer closet. Those faerie types always are a little outta touch.

I say, "Yeah, yeah, I got ya covered. A few blue boys over medium? Can do. I'll letcha know what I find. Later."

I hang up, stuffing the phone back in my pocket, then call over to Ivy, "Aight, I think our boy here is with the program. Let's get him some ground and come to... an arrangement." She tosses him onto the roof and I pat her shoulder. God, she's a treasure. What beats escapin' an ambush and shakin' down some low-life with yer girl? Ain't much, I'll tell you that for free.

As he lies there in a heap, I say, "Here's the deal, Reggie, take it or take a quick trip to the street. You know how you tried to do us? You can square things up by doin' your boy Jean-Paul the same way. Get him in a room with me and Ivy and... Well, I ain't gonna treat ya to a round next time I see ya, but I won't rip yer arms off."

Shin-Hye proposes that Reginald promise to arrange a "meet" with Jean-Paul in exchange for not getting his just desserts.

I check the time and my mouth tightens up. Aight, better get started on this suit business. Got a bit before I need to hit the basement, but I can't just piss around with this rear end in a top hat on the roof forever. When it comes to suit types, though, I know just the lady to get the down-low from. Selene Delacroix, conspiracy expert and general go-to for anything like this sounds to be. She's a little fuckin' dead, but that doesn't mean a lot these days. Goddamn ghosts comin' at you from all angles. Hell, it's a funny story how she died. She likes to play it up like she got too close to the truth or some poo poo and was vanished, but she really just got tied up in her giant-rear end conspiracy board and accidentally hung herself.

I pat Ivy on the shoulder, "Gotta check in on some new trouble, but let me know what he says, alright? I know you can be real persuasive..." I wink, then head back down to the street. It's not too far to Selene's place, I bet I can be there in like five.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 5:15 PM
@Shin-Hye (Tricky): 2d6+1 Hit the Streets to get some info from the new ghost! (+Night) = (1+4)+1 = 6

Advancing! Going to take +1 Heart.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Blood +2 | Heart +2 | Mind +0 | Spirit -1 || Mortality +1 | Night +1 | Power -1 | Wild +1
Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☒☐☐☐☐ || Location: Conspiracy Central

poo poo, Nick? The U.N.? Talk about a blast from the past... but, y'know, all hosed up and spooky now. Were the leadership always up in the crazy poo poo? What was this motherfuckin' Ghost Busters bullshit and why was my main man dead? Needless to say, I've got a fuckin' burnin' desire to get to the bottom of this poo poo and they better hope they have some answers.

...'Cause I'll shoot 'em if they don't. Hey, sue me. You try bein' all good at subtlety when your past gets tossed at ya like that.

I shuffle through my coat pockets, tap out a cigarette full of Ella's special blend from a crumpled pack, and light it up. It's like smoking the first day of spring. Not a lot still gets through, now that I'm a vamp and all, but Ella's stuff? Always there to take the edge off. I take a long drag, then let the heavy smoke — more like mist, dunno — settle into a pool around my feet. There we are. There's my motherfuckin' zen.

I say, "Aight, aight. Cut that poo poo out with the ghost zapper. You leave Nick outta this mess and give me a few good reasons why I should listen to a couple of toughs in suits, city bein' what it is these days, mebbe I'll be able to help you. You don't..." I let the words hang, then hook a thumb at Nick. "City has a way've keepin' people around. You want to join 'im?"

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 1:37 PM
@Shin-Hye (Tricky): 2d6+2 Persuade the MiBs to stop whatever they're doing to Nick! = (4+6)+2 = 12

Using threats to get them to stop with the ghost zapper and fill Shin-Hye in on the situation... Like, say, why they're after them.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

I shrug, "No fuckin' clue. I figure it was one of the Hollowpoints, but they got me from behind and left me for dead. When I got back up, the place was all cleared out. If the higher-ups at the U.N. knew about all this poo poo goin' on, they didn't figure I needed to know. So I've had to make some new friends to keep things movin' smooth now that I'm a vamp." A beat, another drag on the cigarette, then I ask, "So were you lot the ones beatin' down Ella's door to figure out where I was?"

I may not be shootin' it out with 'em at the moment, but that's just 'cause I'm curious how in the know these fucks are. I'm gonna keep 'em talking, figure this poo poo out, and if they are the ones? Well, time to work 'em over medium.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

I watch 'em go. They're gonna get the boot, don't you worry... but not now. I want to figure out just how bad my past is comin' back before I burn that poo poo to the ground. And, hell, they said Nick would fuzz back in when they left, right? Might as well catch up with him and see just what sort of poo poo's been going down since I hit the shadows.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

I clap Nick on the back — or at least try to, my arm phasin' through him — and say, "Well, poo poo, sounds like things are goin' to be gettin' worse than the time we were in that turf war with the Red Scorpions. But, all that aside, seems like game's changed since we were runnin'. The UN's all spooky and poo poo now with that ghostbusters tech, I'm a fuckin' vamp, you're a fuckin' ghost..." I shake my head. "Fuckin' weird-rear end city. Alright, poo poo, I think we gotta check out this bar. They obviously got my number, might as well walk inta that knowin' it's going to be a fuckin' mess and pick up what info we can. Better than lettin' em run me down again."

I shake my head, "Well, poo poo. Days like this make me wish I could still drink. C'mon, I'm parked over here."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☒☐☐☐☐ || Location: Max's

Mm, you want to know how things were with me and Nick? Not sure there's much to tell, but I ain't hiding anything. He was my in, way back when I got started in the business. I was just a punk-rear end kid back then, standin' watch on deals and, eventually, runnin' the count. Nick? Nick was the head of our little section of town. So, yeah, things between us were pretty tight. He was my mentor, I guess, and I fuckin' blew his socks off with how hungry I was. He got me in, but it wasn't that long before we were runnin' things together. He's a real solid guy. Ya gotta be to pull something like that spooky ghost crap, right? But me, I've got ambition. I've got drive. I've got all the poo poo that was supposed to take us to the top.

Funny how things work out. Still, I got my people, I got my turf, and now I've got my partner. poo poo's lookin' up for Shin-Hye's crew. God, I really need to figure out a catchy name. None of that red or moon crap, though, that brand is hella diluted. I mean, much love to Ivy and her pack, but that ain't gonna get the recognition when every two-bit spook is runnin' with a name like that.

Alright, alright. Enough yammerin' about the past. I'm here at this shithole bar, where there's a fuckin' marriage celebration goin' down, and I need to talk to this Mike scumbag. I ain't too pleased with how the UN's been throwin' down so far, but if they're in the know... It might be a drat good bridge to keep unburned. Still gotta boot a few motherfuckers, though, but that really goes without sayin'. I ain't about to be the bitch in any partnership we cook up, so I might as well remind 'em why you don't gently caress with this vamp. I got some real skills, after all, and it'd be a drat shame to let 'em rust.

I walk over to the goons and their bossman, flash the card, and say, "Yo. I'm here to see Mike. Some of you suited ghostbuster fucks pointed me here a bit back."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

I slip into the seat, doing my best to ignore the bullshit. Fuckin' obvious powerplay, but I can't say I'm not interested in figuring out what he knows. Once he fills me in, I'll hit him with what I know and make sure that accounts are squared. I ain't about to let them pull me back in for free after hangin' me out to dry to begin with. I tent my fingers, look Mike in the eye, and say, "Alright, shoot. Hit me with the info."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Alright, yeah. Ain't no secret I was with the U.N. and running their corners. Been in the city as long as I've been and I got my start downtown. Eastside. Ancient history at this point. The weirdo serial killer poo poo? Now that's got my attention. Still... all this is some bullshit. DNA samples? When the gently caress did they take those? Are they a goddamn gang or a government conspiracy? I give Mike a look, "Man, if I knew that poo poo I would have torn apart the motherfuckers who did it apart already." I tap the table, my fingernail scratching a furrow into surface. "I think you've got some serious poo poo backwards. I don't know about this Ghostbusters bullshit y'all are into, but the whole thing was a meet gone wrong. We got word that one of the US orgs — Nick could probably tell ya who — wanted to move some product. Good poo poo, good price. I was on point for the meet, got jumped, woke up like this a week or so later."

I lean back against the bench and wave dismissively, "So, Mike, you clearly got this poo poo on lock. Why were my guts used for some black magic bullshit?"

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

I shrug, "Well, Mike, you and yours never let me and mine in on this side of the business. What kind of leader sets their crew up to be merked by the loving boogeyman? I wasn't about to bring my boys into this world, seein' how I got in it, so I did the best thing I could for them: I went dark and made new friends." I lean forward at that last bit. "Speakin' of, Mike, your heavies have been making a scene with some of my friends. I'm not rulin' out teamin' back up or nothin', but I'm not about to burn the bridges I put together cause your crew doesn't got manners."

I tent my fingers on the table, "Here's the score. I'll look into your basement, god knows that place has something I need to see down there, and I'm even open to an alliance. I know I've got a pretty prime spot, especially for a small crew. You lost a lot of goodwill with this mess and how it played out, but the UN's done right by me before all this. I'll give you a chance to make it right." I let that sit for a moment, then hold out two fingers. "First, stay offa my connections. The Crimson Moons and the Goat's Horn Tavern need to be fuckin' sacrosanct or this is all off in the biggest of ways. You've got muscle, yeah, but I'm bigger and badder than I ever was before. Not sure that's a fight you want to pick. Second, give me one of your goons. He — or she, I don't give a poo poo — needs the boots. Medium. You'll get 'em back breathin', might need some med leave. That'll square things with the hornet's nest you kicked."

I lean back casually, fuckin' cool as a cucumber. No matter who Mike really was or what he really wanted, I'm not gonna be intimidated. I'm motherfuckin' On Shin-Hye and it's about time people started realizin' just what that meant.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 5:45 PM
@Shin-Hye (Tricky): 2d6+2 Persuade Mike (w/ promises) = (4+4)+2 = 10

Mike does it.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

I grin, icy, and say, "...Yeah, I got an angle. If they don't get riled by a buncha jackboots, I'll see about keeping them off your lawn." Now, just sayin', but of course, I'm gonna be a bit more diplomatic-like with Ivy and her boys. Y'don't just go and start barkin' orders to a lady like that, 'specially one with that level of involvement. Mike doesn't need to know that poo poo. 'Sides, whatever he thinks he's got on me, I'm going to blow him outta the water. This basement is gonna get hit by the Shin-Hye special and it doesn't even have a clue that I'm coming for it. I make a mental note to track down Mike's address and leave him some fuckin' vanilla beans. A little reminder that I'm not just the real thing, I'm more than. "Y'ever think that drinking beaver ball-juice is a weird-rear end way to make a point? Whatever, I'll be in touch. Got some irons to fuckin' take outta the fire."

I slide back out, smooth as hell, and leave a burner on the table for Mike to keep, "I'll hit ya with the spot once I nail out the deets with the other guys. Be ready for it."

Now, plan-wise, this all didn't cost me poo poo. Mebbe a few favors cashed, but that's it. That's the best part of the biz, y'know? The give and take. I've been doing a lot of giving, now it's time to get what I need. I got that punk-rear end hustler lining up his robe-and-wizard-hat boss man for a snatch and grab, that gets me a line on the weirdo magic poo poo and a way to shut it down. Copperstone owes me for that scene before and I've got the patrol schedules and a hole in security a mile wide to slip through. Ivy's gonna have a few guys on stand-by, just in case I need a quick and dirty exit... but I figure it won't come to that. Now, I just gotta make sure Ella knows I've got her guy to hit with the boots and hash out a bit in the way of a bigger loving gun with that spooky cop. Not sayin' I want to blow a hole in Copperstone's goon army or nothin', but if there's something nasty down there I want a big-rear end gun and some big-rear end magic bullets to handle it.

quote:

So, true to the playbook, this all is a giant mess of debts getting generated and cashed that probably ends up with an advance:
—Fulfill the promise to Ella to give a suit guy the boots, clearing a debt and marking Wild
—Cash in a debt with Logan to get some of that black ops swat military-grade weaponry... and maybe even papers for it! Marks Mortality.
——Figuring something like a silenced MP5 (3-harm close area), built like a 2-option Hunter weapon.
—Finish the Reginald promise, getting everything I need on the basement's magic poo poo from Jean-Paul. Marks Power.
—Cash in a debt with Ivy to get some back-up waiting in a car... just in case things get crazy. Marks Night.
—Advance!

Taking Deadly from the Hunter as my second off-playbook advance.

Tricky fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jan 5, 2018

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☒☐☐☐☐ || Location: The Basement (!)

Alright, like I said, I've got this all planned out. Ivy and her boys are outside, in case I need a distraction or extraction or whatever the hell else -ion you can think of, but I ain't gonna drag her in on this wizard bullshit before I figure out what exactly it is. I heft the bag and make my way towards the pedestal in the middle of the room. I have to dodge a few wards on the way, sure, as I time the camera sweeps, but I got what I needed on the defenses from rolling JP. I don't want to say 'What could possibly go wrong?' cause that's all sorts of bad juju to bring down, but seriously. It's pretty drat tempting.

I get up to the dias and look down at it and... What the gently caress is all this supposed to be? Goddamn wizard poo poo.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Last Wednesday at 4:38 PM
@Shin-Hye (Tricky): 2d6-1 Investigate a Place of Power (+Power) = (4+2)-1 = 5

Marking Power, but...

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☒☐☐☐☐ || Location: The Basement (!)

I've said it before, I'll say it again: Fuckin' wizard poo poo. It's always something like that, isn't it? 'Course, seein' all that go down did bring some clarity to things. First off, guess that answers why the vamps have been goin' so bugnuts. Might be able to do somethin' with it, rally the Night gangs 'n poo poo to stop these ivory tower motherfuckers from takin' us down piecemeal. And, maybe most pertinently, stop Elias from takin' me down piecemeal. I know that dude's got some serious mojo and, whatever his game is, it's pretty drat clear that he's not gonna take whatever happened layin' down.

And, yeah, it answered some questions about who I am. What I am, even. Two things: I'm On Shin-Hye. Always have been, always will be. Some people just roll over and accept things when their time comes. But me? Heh. I fuckin' pulled myself outta hell by my bootstraps. You think those vamps have some lingering resentment? Try the white-hot rage I felt when that gently caress did his soul-thieving. Course, somethin' like that burns a lot outta ya. It's like all the things that make you human get cooked out along the way, just leavin' the rage smoldering in the embers. Maybe that's why I need to suck in all that human poo poo to stay sane, yanno?

Alright, alright. Next steps... Well, I guess I can fill in Ivy along the way, since she gave me a ride. Might as well give Copperstone a call too, let her know that she's got an angry wizard in her precious basement doin' some dirty wizard business. Ain't nobody likes that. So after a few minutes thinking it all over while we pile in the car, I start to do just that.

@copperstone posted:

it's done. might want to disavow/burn the place, whatever you need to do to cover your rear end. our mystery didn't end up being the good kind if you get what i'm saying. have info if you want to meet.

Cryptic, sure, but about as good as I could do without a face-to-face. Ivy's account of things is a little more complete, though frankly still pretty obtruse. Fuckin' wizard poo poo always is. I say, "Well, Ivy, I ain't gonna say that it's lookin' good. Elias has been doin' some crazy poo poo with makin' vamps or somethin', doesn't look like it's been working, but... poo poo, I dunno. We get this out to the gangs, I bet the bloodsuckers are gonna calm down some. We all got bigger problems than turf wars right now." I sigh. "I figure we need call a meet. All the major players in the area. You, me, Jackie, Alexi, and whoever we can get to represent Arcanis. Neutral ground. A fuckin' parley."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☒☐☐☐☐ || Location: Not The Basement

Well, poo poo. You can't get much out of a dead wizard. Even if that was the best kind. Never know when JP might be able to help with some counter-hexing or whatever the gently caress it is he does. I say, "Alright, change in plans. Ivy, can you get things rolling on the meet? Put the word out that we're calling for a grand parlay, hit up some of Arcanis's ghost crowd maybe. They've got connections with fuckin' everyone. Plus that's the kind of poo poo that'll catch some attention. I gotta pull an rear end in a top hat wizard out of the fire in the meantime, but you've got my number. Sound good?"

I tap out a quick reply as well.

@Reggie posted:

ok where's he at. i have a spot i can stow him. safe. real safe.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Harm: ☐|☐☐|☐☐ || Corruption: ☒☐☐☐☐ || Location: Abbotsford

So Ivy can pick up a debt, sure, but I think I also clear one (marking Night) and pick one up on her because the promise got fulfilled... and boy, that was a lot of trouble.

I nod at Nick, "Alright, yeah, let me take a look." Corpse? poo poo, that's even odds for being my man JP, and if it isn't... well, the wizard may well get gutted by the demon thing if I take this too slow. Still, gotta get some intel before I jump out and kill all the motherfuckers in the room, so time to get my sneak on. "Wait here, Reggie. Let the pro do their thing."

I slowly edge my way through the alley, guns at the ready, and I finally can hear their argument. I poke my head around the corner of the wall, real sneaky-like, and I get an eyeful of whatever the hell that is. Seems familiar... but is it the kind of familiar that I'm about to vent with great motherfuckin' prejudice?

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 11:47 AM
@Shin-Hye (Tricky): 2d6+1 Putting a name to a demon thing's face? (+wild) = (6+2)+1 = 9

What do people know about this thing?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Slow enough that I'm not going to make the shooting... or baseball batting... start, I edge out from around the corner and nod at the body, "Yo, who the gently caress's the stiff? That JP? You JP?" Of course, there was more than one loving wizard. They're like ants. "Sup, Saint Marcel? The name's Shin-Hye. Heard good things about your work. Dragon slaying and poo poo."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

It's been a pretty fuckin' crazy couple of minutes, caught between a dumbass wizard with an itchy wand finger and an equally dumbass saint and/or demon with an itchy sword finger, but let's be real. I'm On Shin-Hye. I eat this poo poo for breakfast and, let me tell you, I ain't even sweatin'. I give 'em both a look, the kind that's like 'really? I've gotta be the adult in the room?', and say, "Alright, alright. Calm the gently caress down. The way I see it, we all wanted JP breathing. You wanted the money for a successful job, you wanted his soul later, and I wanted that fuckin' info he had. None of us get what we want from a stiff. Now we can vent each other, let whoever did this laugh their way to freedom, or we can put our fuckin' heads together and catch that son of a bitch."

I say, "Alright, here's what I'm thinking. Garry. You've gotta have some wizard poo poo that'll let you case the scene for clues, right? Marcy, you've probably got some sort of soul trackin' bullshit in that nose of yours. Gotta be a way we can put it all together and figure this out, yanno?"

quote:

SidekickBOT - 04/11/2018
@Shin-Hye (Tricky): 2d6+2 Heart roll = (6+3)+2 = 11

They both owe me a debt and form an uneasy alliance.

Tricky fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Apr 20, 2018

• Locked thread