Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

Looking to Buy a McLaren, Anyone Selling One .... Cheap?

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Using a Flavor of Time for the first time, and wow I should not have let the character sheet hit scare me off before. It completely changes running GRs.

I felt the same way about Squirts. Once I realized the Fortress Ballista shield completely negates the higher damage taken part it totally changed my GR potential. I went from speed GR85 to speed GR95s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forhorglingrads
Aug 14, 2003

Decided to do some t16 act 3 bounty runs and get an avarice band tonight before I start running rifts and grifts....I've never had such bad luck trying to get an item from a bounty before.

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Dross posted:

Double weapon is almost always ideal because of the double gems.

Yeah but with a quiver you can get +10 crit and +15% hungering arrow damage in addition to other stats, I'm not sure the gem makes a huge difference.

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

I've been told that 50% CHC and 500% CHD are good goals to aim for. I'm at 51.5%/533% in my GoD DH and it wouldn't have been possible without dual weapons with an emerald in each.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

DeadlyHalibut posted:

Yeah but with a quiver you can get +10 crit and +15% hungering arrow damage in addition to other stats, I'm not sure the gem makes a huge difference.

It makes a bigger difference with supports running ice blink and a znecro with perma crit mobs. More than makes up for the +hungering arrow. Let's you run archery too for +5 crit and hatred as well.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dross posted:

Double weapon is almost always ideal because of the double gems.

Yeah I found a Dawn with 64% reduction and am using that now.

Would really kill for a Primal or Ancient, I've got 2 Ramadin's or whatever just waiting to be used.

Also dunno if I should be using Valla's or Fortress, sorta leaning towards Fortress for more survivability.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

The current US challenge rift character has no move speed on gear and no move speed in his paragon stats. The rift itself isn't hard, thankfully. Slogging around in molasses once was more than enough.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Mind over Matter posted:

The current US challenge rift character has no move speed on gear and no move speed in his paragon stats. The rift itself isn't hard, thankfully. Slogging around in molasses once was more than enough.

When I first read this my dumb brain thought you were talking about the current reigning rift champion not using move speed and became highly curious at what new unholy meta had developed.

A double take sorted that out though.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
grifting with pubs is the wurst.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008
So I rolled into a primal Won Khim Lau . . . with Attack Speed and Life Per Hit. Obviously I am going to socket it, which one of these should I be rolling off, and for what ( I assume CDR)

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Marketing New Brain posted:

So I rolled into a primal Won Khim Lau . . . with Attack Speed and Life Per Hit. Obviously I am going to socket it, which one of these should I be rolling off, and for what ( I assume CDR)

i don't know enough to tell you what you should be rolling for, but absolutely drop Life Per Hit for something useful

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Marketing New Brain posted:

I'm gonna give a different suggestion than the previous poster, I think you should roll attack speed to either CDR or area damage. If I remember right (played a monk last season) the vast majority of your damage comes from tempest rush cold proc anyway and attack speed only makes you spend more resources. Life per hit is nice to have to help with survivability.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Life per Hit is really nice to have on a weapon since an ancient can roll absurd amounts of it and you generally need another source of LPH other than Paragon to tank through persistent effects like poison / reflect damage in high GR. Very useful on Monks who attack approx a million times per second.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

And yes nerds I know that LPH has coefficients that are averaged out across attack speeds stop typing!

rarbatrol
Apr 17, 2011

Hurt//maim//kill.
I saw that Razeth's Volition was updated to add the Singularity rune to Skeletal Mage. I'm wondering if there's a viable Trag'Oul singularity blood mage mash-up build in there somewhere. Seems like it'd be a free damage bonus over the standard fare?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Is LoD Corpse Explosion as terrible to play as all the other cool down based Necro builds?

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Seems to be, yes, now that cooldowns persist through death.

I powerleveled myself a Demonhunter (70 unique xbow + rank 25 Gem of Ease) and slapped on a clownsuit of uniques and Legacy of Dreams in an amulet and am effortlessly speedclearing GRs up to like T7. I see what folks mean about the Necromancer getting nerfed into oblivion. :(

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Monks generally want a LPH on one of their two weapons and AS% is generally not relevant for monk builds that don't use shenlong. Or at least it is at the bottom of the affixes in the priority list that you want to deal with.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

bamhand posted:

Is LoD Corpse Explosion as terrible to play as all the other cool down based Necro builds?
It's slightly less terrible because CE is cooler than Mages or Lance. :v:

Tubgoat posted:

Seems to be, yes, now that cooldowns persist through death.
Do you mean they don't reset when you die? They've never done that.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I finally got a weapon, what should I roll off on it? At first I thought maybe try to get the damage closer to 1700 but maybe the LPH for CDR or Area Damage?

before anyone says anything about adding a socket to the one I'm currently using: I had five at the time and I currently have six. I didn't waste one.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Def roll off the LPH. I would take CDR or AD depending on if you have 100% vengeance uptime or not.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

DeadlyHalibut posted:

I'm gonna give a different suggestion than the previous poster, I think you should roll attack speed to either CDR or area damage. If I remember right (played a monk last season) the vast majority of your damage comes from tempest rush cold proc anyway and attack speed only makes you spend more resources. Life per hit is nice to have to help with survivability.

Thanks, went with AS -> CDR.

Also, what's the best way to find groups to get gem level ups? Is it the case that you just need to have rolled a Necro or DH to speed level up gems or is there some place people are actually looking for like zDPS monks or whatever. I joined the seasonal rift community but it appears to be dead silent. Don't know if I'll really end up bothering if it is a huge hassle but I don't even know how people are organizing anymore.

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

bamhand posted:

Def roll off the LPH. I would take CDR or AD depending on if you have 100% vengeance uptime or not.

Agreed and especially if you're also running Fortress Ballista, because then the shield will negate the bed for LPH. Another benefit of running Fortress Ballista is you can run Squirts without taking additional damage since shield damage doesn't count against it, only life.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

bio347 posted:

Do you mean they don't reset when you die? They've never done that.
Oh. Reading the thread over time gave me the impression there was a Necro build around suicide to reset some crucial cooldown.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

bamhand posted:

McLarenF1 posted:

Agreed and especially if you're also running Fortress Ballista, because then the shield will negate the bed for LPH. Another benefit of running Fortress Ballista is you can run Squirts without taking additional damage since shield damage doesn't count against it, only life.

Thanks. I'm close to 100% uptime but probably won't be there yet since I'll be losing a bit of cdr by switching the weapons. Still, at least I've got a big uptick in damage now.

rarbatrol
Apr 17, 2011

Hurt//maim//kill.

Tubgoat posted:

Oh. Reading the thread over time gave me the impression there was a Necro build around suicide to reset some crucial cooldown.

That's a feature of the new necro set, where simulacrum is reset when you die.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Gotcha. Thanks!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

More like Simulacrummy!

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Has anyone done the NA challenge rift? Seems like you do 0 damage? I'm 30 seconds behind by the time I kill the 2nd elite.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

bamhand posted:

Has anyone done the NA challenge rift? Seems like you do 0 damage? I'm 30 seconds behind by the time I kill the 2nd elite.

It was tight but I got it on my first try. The damage is super low because it's a Helltooth build with Grasp of the Dead for some reason, but at GR55 nothing can really harm you. It's doable if you mostly just ignore the trash mobs and spam elites with Piranhado + Wall. There's a conduit pylon right at the start of the 3rd floor that can make up a lot of lost time.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Say, is there just more variety and better effects among Demonhunter gear?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Tubgoat posted:

Say, is there just more variety and better effects among Demonhunter gear?

My first job was Necro and I thought "Oh I guess every set is more or less the same with slight tweaks"

DH + Monk different sets feel like you're playing different classes sometimes

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

I mostly play Monk and yeah the sets have completely different gameplay styles. It's great, Raiment is the worst but it's still fun to pair it up with the Shenlong set and just blink through a whole level.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

bio347 posted:

It's slightly less terrible because CE is cooler than Mages or Lance. :v:

I'm personally having a lot of fun on LoD Mages this season. It's glass cannon and cooldown-based as all gently caress, for sure. But it's something I've never really done before and summoning hordes of skeleton archers is great while it lasts.

Currently pushed up to 378 on the leaderboard, don't know if I'll have the patience to stay there or get much higher (and I don't have a group to grind gems/paragon with) but it's been fun to try at least.

Mind over Matter fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Jul 14, 2020

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I still think GoD is kind of dull but support Bolas are a lot more fun for GR speeds + look cool visually.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Man, the DH spin to win is so fast that it's making me motion sick.

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

I know right? I don't even look at the main part of the screen anymore, I just stare at my cooldown timers and the mini map unless )I'm pushing higher GRs with support).

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

McLarenF1 posted:

I know right? I don't even look at the main part of the screen anymore, I just stare at my cooldown timers and the mini map unless )I'm pushing higher GRs with support).
I only end up looking at the screen every 4 seconds to shift-click Hungering Arrow in the vague direction of an enemy.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
The primary downside of Switch controls seems to be the inability to target enemies on the edge of the screen with teleport attacks such as Falling Sword, they can no longer target enemies over the edge of terrain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Ehud posted:

Man, the DH spin to win is so fast that it's making me motion sick.

Trying to follow the action on my screen when my WW barb has a speed pylon actually gives me a headache