Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

new phone who dis posted:

6 piece rathma's is annoying because skeletal mages die so quick. It needs an epic somewhere that just lets them stay like the barb one. It's worse than having to set up your traps for marauder's.

Now that the "new character smell" is wearing off and people have a chance to try the set, these posts are popping up often as predicted. Now we sit back, keep them bumped, and see if the devs take action over the next 3 weeks. Once S11 starts, we're stuck with what we've got until probably late October or early November after Blizzcon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Pastry Mistakes posted:

How long do you think it will take for the necromancer expansion to drop in price? Maybe Christmas?

I don't recall Blizzard ever selling DLC for D3 or Wow or Starcraft for $15 so I think you're going to wait awhile.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Lorini posted:

I don't recall Blizzard ever selling DLC for D3 or Wow or Starcraft for $15 so I think you're going to wait awhile.
The expansions are sort of "DLC", I guess.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
Am i in the 1% for thinking $15 isn't that much in the grand scheme of things?

Lansoc
Jan 3, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Pastry Mistakes posted:

How long do you think it will take for the necromancer expansion to drop in price? Maybe Christmas?

Either xmas or a spring sale.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

DrSeRRoD posted:

Now that the "new character smell" is wearing off and people have a chance to try the set, these posts are popping up often as predicted. Now we sit back, keep them bumped, and see if the devs take action over the next 3 weeks. Once S11 starts, we're stuck with what we've got until probably late October or early November after Blizzcon.

I really like the art design of it the most, which is kind of a bummer. I guess there's always transmog.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Plavski posted:

Dude, that will totally get you 3 cravings meals from Taco Bell.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

veedubfreak posted:

Dude, that will totally get you 3 cravings meals from Taco Bell.

It's 15 McDoubles!

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Well, Blizzard is still a fairly good company. I bought RoS a week ago, so, barely missed out on the sale, contacted support asking if I could get $10 off the nexro pack. The GM tried, but said he couldn't do that, offered me $10 worth of HS packs or WoW gametime instead. Not quite what I wanted, but I do still log into HS from time to time, so, better than nothing.

I think I will hold off on buying the Necro pack for awhile, it's cool and all, but I've still barely played the crusader..or like 3 other classes in D3

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

Cowcaster posted:

this is neat. i slotted the land of the dead and devour with the life boosting rune and if you pop simulacra and land of the dead at the same time you can just mash devour like you're having a seizure and summon 2 super saiyan skeleton mages every single time your blue orb fills and end up with a wad of like 10 instagib flinging poo poo demons before land of the dead wears off

loving gruesomely impractical since you can only pull it off every 2 minutes though

That's my issue with the pet build. You have this crazy awesome burst dps mode, but you can only hit it once in a blue moon. Considering that other classes by now have sets which allow them to stay in their "special" forms indefinitely, it makes the necro feel kinda meh in comparison.

I still gotta crunch the numbers if a full cdr build with Blood is Power would be worth it.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

Plavski posted:

No, not at all, it's pretty crazy value. I do wonder how my SC2 hours stack up against D3, but better I don't know.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
i got one of those krysbin rings at like lvl 44 while being power leveled.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Starving for essence/corpses because mobs are spectral and not being able to progress is also stupid.

RecoomesSexyRear
Jul 18, 2003

I just need to reforge a compass rose and get the inarius chest and the set will be done. Then I can finally start playing the game. Until the new season starts.

I've wasted my life.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I ran into a goblin zoo on my barely geared Necro while doing slightly too high rifts to kill any of them. There are not enough :negative:s

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug
Are you guys complaining about the pet build running the weapon set and the ring that gives a second mage per cast? That's the first full setup I got, and once the ring especially is accounted for, the mages do crazy amounts of work, and I can drop a pair of full essence mages every few seconds. Yeah, it's pure single target, so it's not walking through packs with your bonerstorm shredding everything, but Rathma's puts out good damage. I feel like the problem with it is survivability, because the stacking damage reduction on minion attack is in no way as good as 60 seconds of 15 stack bone armor, and Inarius can and does also run the other mitigation methods like Potency, decrep DR belt, Traveler's Pledge, and APD.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Lprsti99 posted:

Are you guys complaining about the pet build running the weapon set and the ring that gives a second mage per cast? That's the first full setup I got, and once the ring especially is accounted for, the mages do crazy amounts of work, and I can drop a pair of full essence mages every few seconds. Yeah, it's pure single target, so it's not walking through packs with your bonerstorm shredding everything, but Rathma's puts out good damage. I feel like the problem with it is survivability, because the stacking damage reduction on minion attack is in no way as good as 60 seconds of 15 stack bone armor, and Inarius can and does also run the other mitigation methods like Potency, decrep DR belt, Traveler's Pledge, and APD.

Yup. When you spend more time summoning 10 mages constantly than you do cursing enemies, commanding your skeletons, commanding your golem, and attacking or looting with your character, there's something wrong. Also, Rathma's can run the decrepify belt and endless walk set for damage reduction. You'll probably have to use Unity and the mage ring on a finger and the other in the cube though as even high-end Inarius runs Unity. Because you have pets as "tanks", the majority of your damage reduction is basically damage avoidance; casting curse and command from afar and waiting for things to die as you summon mage summon mage summon mage summon mage summon mage to keep your bonus at max capacity so your skeletons can ki...woops they're gone, time to summon mage summon mage summon mage summon mage summon mage again.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Plavski posted:

I would have paid $15 for the two stash tabs themselves.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

DrSeRRoD posted:

Yup. When you spend more time summoning 10 mages constantly than you do cursing enemies, commanding your skeletons, commanding your golem, and attacking or looting with your character, there's something wrong. Also, Rathma's can run the decrepify belt and endless walk set for damage reduction. You'll probably have to use Unity and the mage ring on a finger and the other in the cube though as even high-end Inarius runs Unity. Because you have pets as "tanks", the majority of your damage reduction is basically damage avoidance; casting curse and command from afar and waiting for things to die as you summon mage summon mage summon mage summon mage summon mage to keep your bonus at max capacity so your skeletons can ki...woops they're gone, time to summon mage summon mage summon mage summon mage summon mage again.

I wanted to like RAthma's but Blizz seems to have a hard on for Inarius being the only easiest as it's laughably OP for how easy it is to gear

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I can't work out Trang-Oul's - is it supposed to be this slow? I have to play super safe, and you really only have single target damage that can just suddenly dry up on you. It's weird.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

I haven't played it much outside of the set dungeon. I do think it's weird that the riskiest set has absolutely no damage reduction. I almost killed myself just spamming blood nova to kill things, which was interesting.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

DrSeRRoD posted:

I haven't played it much outside of the set dungeon. I do think it's weird that the riskiest set has absolutely no damage reduction. I almost killed myself just spamming blood nova to kill things, which was interesting.

You have Parthian, Dayntee's and Unity, and you're cannibalising constantly to keep your health up, but it's still so fragile. It's not a super fun playstyle for me.

Samara
Jan 6, 2011

quote:

Deposited $150 at Mt Gox to try this Bitcoin thing out.

Stolen 6 days later. Really enjoyed my time there.

Helpful? Please donate - being this retarded ain't cheap!

Samara Investments
Basement Suite #101
Mom's House, Hometown FL
USAAA+

Plavski posted:

It's two drinks and a burger. No, it's not a lot.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

DrSeRRoD posted:

Yeah, that was my point about the mitigation stuff, Inarius had a way better base, and can add all of the same stuff on top. The point about it being a pet build and all that entails is a good one though. And yeah, I'm not thrilled with how the necromancer actually plays as a summoner (kind of a one step forward, two steps back deal, with autoskellies that can be commanded, but then mayfly mages).

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Did anyone ever make a viable Sacrifice build for the Witch Doctor? Cos I like the explosions of CE, but I think I actually enjoy WD more.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Plavski posted:

Did anyone ever make a viable Sacrifice build for the Witch Doctor? Cos I like the explosions of CE, but I think I actually enjoy WD more.

There are some sacrifice builds, but it's basically sacrificing your dogs so that your gargs do more damage.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
Krysbin's works on all classes. Put it on your BK and go push 130 before they patch it out

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Yea, fun bug. 300% damage boost on MH proc'd stuns, so I'll bet wizards will make short work of everything with this replacing CoE.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

DrSeRRoD posted:

Yea, fun bug. 300% damage boost on MH proc'd stuns, so I'll bet wizards will make short work of everything with this replacing CoE.

Why replace? Just run MH, Krispy, and COE :)

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Is Krysbin actually intended to be a Necro-only ring? I just thought it was a new item for everybody.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

Is Krysbin actually intended to be a Necro-only ring? I just thought it was a new item for everybody.

Only drops for Necro apparently

Guilty
May 3, 2003

exquisite tea posted:

No clue, but it's only on the necromancer's smart loot tables, and it'd be insanely overpowered if it wasn't. We're talking like an additional 5 grift level average boost to the leaderboards, if not more

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Yea, even if you reroll on another class, it only ever rolls INT and IAS. Apparently it's not working with MH proc though since it wasn't a designed interaction. They'll fix this I'm sure at some point.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
What's the start date on Season 11?

I even read the OP before making this post!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Krybbies is a good Necro ring for sure but don't forget that CoE is even more OP for Necroman than other classes thanks to its 33% uptime.

MountGeek
Apr 14, 2016

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

What's the start date on Season 11?

I even read the OP before making this post!

North America: Thursday, July 20 - 5:00 p.m. PDT
Europe: Thursday, July 20 - 5:00 p.m. CEST (4:00p.m BST)
Asia: Thursday, July 20 - 5:00 p.m. KST

On a Thursday :(

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

MountGeek posted:

North America: Thursday, July 20 - 5:00 p.m. PDT
Europe: Thursday, July 20 - 5:00 p.m. CEST (4:00p.m BST)
Asia: Thursday, July 20 - 5:00 p.m. KST

On a Thursday :(

They want the Friday to fix any issues. Expect a patch with some changes on the 20th and then the 21st the scramble to fix whatever they broke.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I like Necro but I feel there are just a few too many buttons to press and resources to manage compared to the other classes. I want to get a LoN build going with Corpse Explosion because I think that would go over much smoother with better damage reduction options.

MountGeek
Apr 14, 2016

DrSeRRoD posted:

They want the Friday to fix any issues. Expect a patch with some changes on the 20th and then the 21st the scramble to fix whatever they broke.

True, I just hope they don't make Thursday starts a thing. I don't want work to get in the way of my Diablo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

I like Necro but I feel there are just a few too many buttons to press and resources to manage compared to the other classes. I want to get a LoN build going with Corpse Explosion because I think that would go over much smoother with better damage reduction options.

So far the only really smooth build I've found is the Mirinae Bone Armor one. Which doesn't bode well as it will probably be nerfed before it hits live.