Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

paid money to post posted:

I'll give that a shot, thanks! Witching hour for the belt?

No actually, I just wore a random ancient Vigilante that was in my stash. Still kinda not sure about some pieces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
ASK ME ABOUT MY BORDERLINE ALCOHOLISM
They're gonna have to migrate a lot of that FB 4-piece onto the 6 during PTR if that thrown-together 3-support 4 minute 150 and Rob's 5-key 10 minute solo 150 are any indication.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Maybe just add a range limit because it's not really all that OP solo.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
Nope, not OP at all when you can just walk in and pop a 150 on your 5th key with really bad mobs and kill juggs at will.

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006
Love watching a third of the rift guardian's health pop in one cold cycle, goddamn.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Made some adjustments and cleared a GR126 pretty painlessly with Rathma at ~2.2k paragon. Only one augmented piece of gear from another character. Turns out you can ignore Bone Spirit and just go all-in on AotD for almost total invulnerability. Was wearing 6pc Rathma with the Jesseth set, bone armor necklace, new bracers, Dayntee's binding, CoE/Krysbin. Nayr / Fate's Vow / Circle in the cube. All poison runes except command skellies for Cold, passives were Rathma's Shield / Spreading Malediction / Extended Servitude / Final Service. I'm sure you could push much higher with more paragon and gear optimization, as others have shown.

This is a pretty fun and powerful build for solo, definitely very unique feel for Necro.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
I like the looks of that setup and hope whatever they may do about permanent Rathma's Shield doesn't kill it completely. It looks like the Platonic ideal of what a pet build in d3 should be.

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

Just getting back into this after a couple years away, running a witch doctor through this season. What’s general best selection of builds?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Pick whatever sounds good at maxroll.gg and have at it.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Man I don't want to play this again... Do I? How far into the season is it?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
A few weeks left in the current season and next season to start mid/late March-ish.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I just looked at the patch notes for 23 and firebird with tornados was my favourite build, so, ok I'm back in.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I think Frozen Orb is probably the strongest of all the TR6/FB4 setups, even if it is a little awkward to use. EZ 300tril+ crits during the cold phase and pretty durable as well. I hope it's not nerfed though since it gives Wizard a little more flexibility and gear options for upper solo GR.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I'm still of the opinion "delete wizard."

Haven't tried the new FB or combo sets on PTR to be fair. I've never been a fan of "which 3-4 passives do I want out of 6 active skills?" Hope the new set is better though I'm more excited to try the necro set even if it's less powerful. Been wanting them to have decent build options but most of them are pretty samey. Sounds like they tried to not make the same build this time vs. all the other necro sets at least.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Suburban Dad posted:

I'm still of the opinion "delete wizard."

Haven't tried the new FB or combo sets on PTR to be fair. I've never been a fan of "which 3-4 passives do I want out of 6 active skills?"

I don't think that's been the case since RoS came out.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Wizard has historically been one of the most involved classes at endgame since you sometimes have to think about Tal rotations and Archon stacks or how to manage your 6/4 split sets. Channeling meteors was boring but that's dead now.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
What's wrong with wizards? I having a blast teleporting around, blasting poo poo with disintegrate and energy twister.

DH still looks pretty much the same. That hungering arrow build with the new dreadlands set looks exactly like the impale build except with a different main attack.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Funky See Funky Do posted:

What's wrong with wizards?

exquisite tea posted:

you sometimes have to think

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
That's true. Speaking of thinking: For the energy twister rune should I be using wicked wind or gale force? Wicked I don't quite get. Is it supposed to be doing an additional 835% weapon damage or does it lower the weapon damage? I'm thinking a 15% fire damage boost given disintegrate and combustion might work out to be more?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

What's wrong with wizards? I having a blast teleporting around, blasting poo poo with disintegrate and energy twister.

DH still looks pretty much the same. That hungering arrow build with the new dreadlands set looks exactly like the impale build except with a different main attack.

I just don't think they're as fun as other classes personally. If you're having fun with them, then there's nothing wrong with them.

Impale plays pretty different than any other dh set, same with GoD (almost like barb whirlwind but you have to stop and use other skills every few seconds).

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

That's true. Speaking of thinking: For the energy twister rune should I be using wicked wind or gale force? Wicked I don't quite get. Is it supposed to be doing an additional 835% weapon damage or does it lower the weapon damage? I'm thinking a 15% fire damage boost given disintegrate and combustion might work out to be more?

Wicked Wind does lower base damage but it lets you pinpoint target your tornadoes. It's irrelevant for a twisters build. You want Gale Force for 6pc FB although with 6TR/4FB there are options for both Mistral Breeze and Raging Storm.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
I created a new seasonal about 24 hours ago. Since then, i got carried to paragon 400 and beyond with full gear. The community is ridiculously awesome in this game. I should be able to complete the season in another day or so

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

ZombieCrew posted:

I created a new seasonal about 24 hours ago. Since then, i got carried to paragon 400 and beyond with full gear. The community is ridiculously awesome in this game. I should be able to complete the season in another day or so

I think it was last year I made a Monk, asked for a carry to 70, then the same person and a group of 4 carried me on like 20 goblin runs, and then basically had my choice of great for the whole season. The Goon D3 community is really cool.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

SalTheBard posted:

I think it was last year I made a Monk, asked for a carry to 70, then the same person and a group of 4 carried me on like 20 goblin runs, and then basically had my choice of great for the whole season. The Goon D3 community is really cool.

Hah, I think that was me and my group. If it wasn't then some other rando got the same benefit.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
That was me, GTJustin and FYCToro late in s20. Toro was finishing a set of bounties as I PLed Sal, then Justin logged in with a pile of ancient puzzle rings and about 10 of them later there was a town full of monk gear and a p250 monk to use it

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
What is the difference between regular and ancient puzzle rings?

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
Ancient puzzle rings give you a vault that replaces all the random trash spawns with full-blown treasure goblins so instead of 3 goblins (of various types) plus Greed, you get those plus 10+ regular treasure goblins.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

KenBearlLOLOL posted:

Ancient puzzle rings give you a vault that replaces all the random trash spawns with full-blown treasure goblins so instead of 3 goblins (of various types) plus Greed, you get those plus 10+ regular treasure goblins.

Nice, is it possible to get that effect randomly? I've uninstalled D3 for now, but I'd be down to share in any future seasons.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

KenBearlLOLOL posted:

That was me, GTJustin and FYCToro late in s20. Toro was finishing a set of bounties as I PLed Sal, then Justin logged in with a pile of ancient puzzle rings and about 10 of them later there was a town full of monk gear and a p250 monk to use it

Haha yeah that's right. I was overwhelmed with all the loot :-D

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
As much as I love the portability of the Switch, I may come back to PC just for the online community being present. I know it's the end of a season, but I can't even get a full split bounty group going on torment 1/2/3.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Aranan posted:

As much as I love the portability of the Switch, I may come back to PC just for the online community being present. I know it's the end of a season, but I can't even get a full split bounty group going on torment 1/2/3.

Nobody will be playing anything but T16 at end of the season.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006

Suburban Dad posted:

Nobody will be playing anything but T16 at end of week 1.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

new season started already wait what

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

dead gay comedy forums posted:

new season started already wait what

No it hasn’t. Wheee did you hear that?

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

jabro posted:

No it hasn’t. Wheee did you hear that?

thanks, read somewhere else people commenting about the new stuff but it was PTR

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

dead gay comedy forums posted:

thanks, read somewhere else people commenting about the new stuff but it was PTR

I did double check just to make sure Blizzard didn’t rush PTR and phantom drop the new season on us.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

The thing I'm actually looking forward to most in the next patch are the differentiated leaderboards by set since one of my favorite activities in D3 is to find off-meta builds and push them into upper GR.

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017
The Rathma changes have been growing on me for T16 and low level GRs. The rune that makes AotD follow you around feels like Inarius with actual damage. Basically, it's Lazymancer 2.0.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

Suburban Dad posted:

Nobody will be playing anything but T16 at end of the season.

Yeah, that's a good point. I know I wouldn't be dorking around in anything but T16 for bounties. I just really hate farming bounties solo. It takes way too long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

paid money to post posted:

The Rathma changes have been growing on me for T16 and low level GRs. The rune that makes AotD follow you around feels like Inarius with actual damage. Basically, it's Lazymancer 2.0.

Down to clown with some more Necro season 23 :getin: