Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I started SUPER late, ( last week ) and got a hardcore crusader to torment 12, but then got some bad hits and was cratered by a rift guardian.

Probably going to be less hardcore in playing this until the next season starts up, but how many hardcore goons are there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I kind of hope the wheel gives me wizard this season. It's been a while since wizard honestly.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

SalTheBard posted:

I think it was last year I made a Monk, asked for a carry to 70, then the same person and a group of 4 carried me on like 20 goblin runs, and then basically had my choice of great for the whole season. The Goon D3 community is really cool.

Where is the D3 goon community? I thought it was the LLJK chat but I've seen a single person speak on it.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
It is but the season is almost over so people have burned out for the season or just playing something else until the next season starts. It'll be real active when 23 goes live.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Where is the D3 goon community? I thought it was the LLJK chat but I've seen a single person speak on it.

Most of us just do the season journey each season and maybe dork around with fun builds. That lasts about a month. Then the cycle begins anew.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
ASK ME ABOUT MY BORDERLINE ALCOHOLISM
There are about 4 of us that are still playing for anything this season but at this point I'm basically just doing high GRs to try to finish up level 150 augment gems for a couple sets before the last bit of solo pushing.

Besides the in-game community there's a discord.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Yep, there's just a few tryhards and a whole lot of casuals that gently caress off after about a week or two. There's a discord and the lljk community.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Drowning Rabbit posted:

I started SUPER late, ( last week ) and got a hardcore crusader to torment 12, but then got some bad hits and was cratered by a rift guardian.

Probably going to be less hardcore in playing this until the next season starts up, but how many hardcore goons are there?

I've played a bit of hardcore & think I'm at the point now where I'm only gonna play hardcore seasonals. Once the char's dead (unless it's a laughably short time) I'll be done until the following season. On Switch tho

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
I reliably play hardcore for about 2 weeks or until my first character dies.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I only ever just finish the season journey and check out the gimmick they add and that's all.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
I get distracted and/or bored while mindlessly grinding grifts. Hardcore aint for me. Cool feature, but ill play other games with permadeath.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Since they've finally partitioned out seasonal leaderboards by class set my goal will be to find some off-meta spec and rank high on the leaderboards.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
where's my T16 leaderboard

Orv
May 4, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

Since they've finally partitioned out seasonal leaderboards by class set my goal will be to find some off-meta spec and rank high on the leaderboards.

Be the worlds premier Blackthorne runner.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Leaderboard filters are:
Overall
Each class set
No set

So Blackthorn's still won't have its own tier to compete in.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I know but my joke options are limited when most of the class sets are fun now. :negative:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

You'll be the best worst set player, cool.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Orv posted:

I know but my joke options are limited when most of the class sets are fun now. :negative:

Honestly they should just add another category that is for any build that has a set buff active that doesn't come from a class set.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
I just want to get a primal.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Mayveena posted:

I'm assuming you know you have to reach GR70 first? At which point you get a guaranteed one.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Rinkles posted:

I'm assuming you know you have to reach GR70 first? At who point you get a guaranteed one.

Yes I knew that.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
My favorite first primal was a flavor of time with crit and crit dmg on a build that had an open neck slot. It was super sweet.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Dameius posted:

Honestly they should just add another category that is for any build that has a set buff active that doesn't come from a class set.
Wouldn't that just be the LoN category? To be fair, the "no set" category is already the LoN/LoD category...

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
ASK ME ABOUT MY BORDERLINE ALCOHOLISM
LoN would probably be the best choice in that category but LoN sees approximately zero use with LoD existing.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

does anyone play off-season anymore, btw

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Incoherence posted:

Wouldn't that just be the LoN category? To be fair, the "no set" category is already the LoN/LoD category...

Every one does LoD now, no one builds out with the rings. Though technically they'd show up on that leaderboard. The LoD builds would be on the no set, so Blackthorn's, sage, cain, crimson, augholds, (technically LoN) etc.. would all be on active set power with no class set leaderboard. And I am sure they can just tweak it so that LoN and LoD would be on the same filter if they wanted.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Mayveena posted:

No you don't. Primal drops are just disappointment vectors.

E: Also is anyone on season right now that would help be do one of the conquests?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Funky See Funky Do posted:

No you don't. Primal drops are just disappointment vectors.

A running theme in this thread is posting disappointing primals. Actually kinda sad that has dried up.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Damnit I forgot to screenshot the primal stone gauntlets I got.

Pretend there's a picture of some lovely gloves right here

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017
Yeah currently on the PTR, the filter is for "No 6 piece set bonus"
Meaning if you look at the Wizard 'No 6 piece set bonus' all the results are the tal'rasha's + firebirds set up.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

dead gay comedy forums posted:

does anyone play off-season anymore, btw

I dabble occasionally because of the obscene amount of gear I have, but since seasons came out most of my D3 time was spent there

Turk
Mar 27, 2006

Bought a Switch and Diablo 3. I added all you guys listed in the first post. If you wonder why you got the friend requests. Man I hate starting over.

My Switch thing is SW-1437-5406-9116

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Turk posted:

Bought a Switch and Diablo 3. I added all you guys listed in the first post. If you wonder why you got the friend requests. Man I hate starting over.

My Switch thing is SW-1437-5406-9116

I let my online sub lapse and there's not much reason for me to get it again since it's garbage, IMO.

Goonspeed

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I would probably give hardcore a try if they followed the same death rules as PoE, where your character just changes to a "normal" character instead of just getting deleted.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Mesadoram posted:

I would probably give hardcore a try if they followed the same death rules as PoE, where your character just changes to a "normal" character instead of just getting deleted.

That's the only way I'd ever try Hardcore Mode.

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017
New changes up on the PTR, updated patch notes.
https://us.diablo3.com/en-us/blog/23623166

In other news I've played this game since Beta and never realized "the Murlocket" was a thing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8BFDfvL4fo

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They revamped followers after like 20 years lol

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Developer's Note *Update: Initially multiple legendary powers were left uncapped to see how players would utilize them, however we didn't anticipate for Army of the Dead to be able to cast as frequently as it was. This totally dominated how the set was played and also resulted in permanent invincibility. We're attempting to address this and we'd love for players to try out the new changes and provide additional feedback.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Is it me or does rathma still feel like poo poo? Like you need 7-8 skills for it to feel good but can only choose 6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Lame, they killed the firebird before it even got a chance.