Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
I think you might only need to talk to Urshi with 3 Whispers of Atonement at sufficient level to get the conquest. I don't believe you need to actually level a regular legendary gem at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Didn't try it but maybe. I just know I got the cheeve when I got one of them to 65 or 70 when the other two were not there yet.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Yeah, I got it with one, and 2 leveled gems. I just didn't know if I could easy mode it for him. I already ran him through the 2 minute nephilim rift for the conquest.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Does Cluster Arrow Marauder's use Yang's for the resource reduction? Does that out perma-vengeance from Dawn?

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
ASK ME ABOUT MY BORDERLINE ALCOHOLISM
Yes, and yes.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Can you play this on a Switch, with two players on the same screen?

If the answer is yes, could someone explain how to do it as though I were an addled schoolboy?

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

gradenko_2000 posted:

Can you play this on a Switch, with two players on the same screen?

If the answer is yes, could someone explain how to do it as though I were an addled schoolboy?

You have to have two profiles on your switch(they both need switch online if you're going to play seasonal). Make characters for both on seasonal or not seasonal. Then you have to have two controllers or two joycons linked in the horizontal position like individual controllers. Start Diablo 3. At the press start/cutscene, press start on the controller you want to be first player. Choose your profile. Choose your character. Press start on the controller you want for second player. Choose your profile. Choose your character. Select you're game options and start your game with the 1p controller.

Tada.

If the second player has a character made, they can actually jump in at any time as long as they have the difficulty unlocked(and you can actually trick it into letting a new character into a T16 for crazy fast leveling) you can also pop a second player into a greater rift and the 1p follower will stick around until the rift is over which is neat. There's a few other tricks like that you'll figure out, but you'll also find game breaking glitches(if one character opens a menu while the other one is opening a town portal you'll lock the game. If second player increases their stash, 1p needs to hit A to ok it. If one person talks to kandela while the other closes a rift at the same time you'll be locked out of any inputs on the controller(you can do this if you're fast enough in single player) you'll find your own fun and exciting glitches)

Two player games play slightly different. You play on the same screen so whoever is faster will always be right on the edge of the screen. Whoever is behind will teleport to the person moving if they don't hit any buttons for a second. So you can drag a second player around to level them if you want without them actually there. Also you'll be playing a lot slower because your both sharing a screen so you're not gonna be doing like 2 minute rifts unless one person just isn't touching their controller so they always port to the other.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Thank you.

Is there a way to unlock adventure mode on non-seasonal short of playing through the plot?

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

gradenko_2000 posted:

Thank you.

Is there a way to unlock adventure mode on non-seasonal short of playing through the plot?

No. But you only have to do it once. Like ever. Also play seasonal. Your characters pop over to non seasonal after the season so there is zero reason to play non seasonal.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

RodShaft posted:

No. But you only have to do it once. Like ever. Also play seasonal. Your characters pop over to non seasonal after the season so there is zero reason to play non seasonal.

Actually on Switch adventure mode should be unlocked from the get-go

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Fayez Butts posted:

can confirm I just got it on switch a few days ago. it's kind of nice because leveling and gear feels so slow in story

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Fayez Butts posted:

Weird. I've only ever played on switch. I don't know why I thought that was a thing.

becoming
Aug 25, 2004

Has anyone played Necromancer on Switch recently, and if so has the "curses stop applying" issue been resolved? It was unclear to me whether the issue was a bug or if the Switch team had just made a call that only n enemies could be cursed for performance issues. It really limited the Necromancer, and I haven't played Necromancer on Switch since S16 because of it.

This game more than anything else is what makes me want a Switch Pro.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

wow ive never played an innas monk. i dont even HAVE innas y et, just the cubed crudest boots and already my water dudes just clear screens as i run around. its insane.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
Double bounties the rest of the season and Echoing Nightmares are a permanent feature now, details here.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

KenBearlLOLOL posted:

Double bounties the rest of the season and Echoing Nightmares are a permanent feature now, details here.

If anybody needs it for the conquest, this makes averance crazy easy. You just have to do four full act 1-5 t16 bounty runs.( Actually less. I think it's 32 chests, but you'd have to math it out) then just disable your pet, open all of them without moving, and do a quick circle and pick up all the gold and you're done.

I know there's other ways to do it using the gold legendaries but I've never been able to pull those off on switch so I just do it this way if I need it.( All the conquest this season are so easy. I don't actually need it)

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Cow level plus greed gem is a super easy way to get Avarice. But it does involve leveling that gem to 50.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The hamsters chained to their endless and unceasing wheel are the HARDEST WORKING PEOPLE at blizzard, I tell ya!

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

KenBearlLOLOL posted:

These are both good ideas.

Also means augments will be permanently easier to do which is great tbh.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
Just make every seasonal feature permanent in non-seasonal play.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I haven’t played D3 in almost a year. What are the Echoing Nightmares?

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
If you remember the Greater Rift Trials from early ROS, it's basically those but with lots of XP and free augment gems (up to rank 125) as rewards.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

KenBearlLOLOL posted:

Echoing Nightmares are a permanent feature now, details here.

Suburban Dad posted:

My theory is that this mode will stay after the season permanently. Drop rate may be adjusted though.

Huzzah. Not a big surprise but that mode is kind of a wet fart IMO. But for leaderboard pushers it's pretty nice to get early augments and paragons. Also I think I gained about 200 paragons when doing one with a p400ish inna monk, only to like 130ish. So that was nice.

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

chaosapiant posted:

I haven’t played D3 in almost a year. What are the Echoing Nightmares?

https://d3.maxroll.gg/resources/echoing-nightmare-explained

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
Nice history of D3 although it felt like the AH lasted for 3 years instead of 1 and some months. D3 and No Man's Sky lead the way in how to fix a broken game in my opinion. Unlike EA, who after getting a negative reception with SimCity 4, disbanded the SimCity team and never produced another SimCity.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
They really should add a bail button to the echoing Nightmares for us hc weirdos though

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Mayveena posted:

Nice history of D3

Here's my favorite "History of D3", always make me grin.

So many lovely gold SA avatars back then too, lol. Does anyone still rock it?

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Im_Special posted:

Here's my favorite "History of D3", always make me grin.

So many lovely gold SA avatars back then too, lol. Does anyone still rock it?

Lmao, I clicked that link and immediately got hit with an ad for “moneymetals.com”

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

I just got a second switch, does anyone play the same account on multiple switches? Does it remember your character? Does the cloud save do stuff? Is there any weird things I need to worry about?

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Yes

becoming
Aug 25, 2004

RodShaft posted:

I just got a second switch, does anyone play the same account on multiple switches? Does it remember your character? Does the cloud save do stuff? Is there any weird things I need to worry about?

There are a couple of things to know here.

- Cloud saves work just fine.
- Seasonal games must be started while online, but can then be resumed offline - if you're going to the doctor's and want to run some rifts while you wait you should start your game, load into town, pause, and sleep the Switch; once you're at your location you can play as normal.
- Nintendo requires an active internet connection for digital games on every Switch system except your primary. This is not an issue with cartridge games.

Generally things work just fine, and I often swap between my Switch Lite and my OG Switch depending on mood or where I want to be playing.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

becoming posted:

There are a couple of things to know here.

- Cloud saves work just fine.
- Seasonal games must be started while online, but can then be resumed offline - if you're going to the doctor's and want to run some rifts while you wait you should start your game, load into town, pause, and sleep the Switch; once you're at your location you can play as normal.
- Nintendo requires an active internet connection for digital games on every Switch system except your primary. This is not an issue with cartridge games.

Generally things work just fine, and I often swap between my Switch Lite and my OG Switch depending on mood or where I want to be playing.

Do I have to manually download the cloud save every time I switch consoles, or does it do it automatically? I'm asking because I had to manually download all of them when I first loaded up the new switch.

becoming
Aug 25, 2004

RodShaft posted:

Do I have to manually download the cloud save every time I switch consoles, or does it do it automatically? I'm asking because I had to manually download all of them when I first loaded up the new switch.

The "must download first time" is a policy decision by Nintendo; I think Sony does the same thing as well. (It's all automatic/seamless on Xbox though.) From here on out, you should be good to go, though I think you need to quit the game in order for the Switch to download save data from the cloud. If you make it a habit to close the software when you're done playing (or if you do this already), it's smooth sailing.

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Finally farmed the rainbow portrait. That took a bit longer than expected.

becoming
Aug 25, 2004

AlbertFlasher posted:

Finally farmed the rainbow portrait. That took a bit longer than expected.

I’ve heard this can be an absolute slog, with some folks claiming 25-30 hours total. Thus far I’ve been able to hold off on going for it, but your portrait frame looks mighty snazzy. How long do you think you spent on it?

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

becoming posted:

I’ve heard this can be an absolute slog, with some folks claiming 25-30 hours total. Thus far I’ve been able to hold off on going for it, but your portrait frame looks mighty snazzy. How long do you think you spent on it?

Thankfully it wasn't anywhere near that amount of time.

Just putting the staff together took a few hours at least. Trying to get the gemstone from that monster (i forgot which one) in the caverns of frost took me the most time.

Once I had the staff I did about 300 runs in whimsyshire. At 2 minutes a run, 600 minutes, so 10 hrs.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

I got the staff components within a couple tries and got the rainbow in a run or two. If only I had that luck with the cosmic wings.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’ve gotten ever set of cosmetic wings naturally through basic play :unsmith:

Unfortunately that’s on my PC account, not my Nintendo account!

becoming
Aug 25, 2004

AlbertFlasher posted:

Thankfully it wasn't anywhere near that amount of time.

Just putting the staff together took a few hours at least. Trying to get the gemstone from that monster (i forgot which one) in the caverns of frost took me the most time.

Once I had the staff I did about 300 runs in whimsyshire. At 2 minutes a run, 600 minutes, so 10 hrs.

It took me probably an hour to farm up the Gibbering Gemstone from Chiltara, and I've got probably four hours in Whimsyshire now without yet seeing Sir William. I am glad I'm doing this on a PS5 with near-instant load times; I cannot imagine trying this on Switch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
D3 gearing is still a bit heady to me.

I'm at the point where I have mostly completed the starter builds for characters and can start to clear T16s and GR90s. Is the priority to level up gems, get ancient gear and then aug them? And at what point should I attempt Echoing Nightmares?