Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

exquisite tea posted:

My guess for the S27 launch date is going to be August 26th now that they’re pushing back the PTR patch until next week. I think the Lead Intern really bit off more than they could chew this time around as the powers are either awesome but totally destroy the server, or add like one tier of GR clear. Great concept but lots to balance around. All I know is that Mirrorball should totally get the MM power added to it when the season ends, the same for many other builds.

Mirrorball should lauch 60 MMs next season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo3/23826543/diablo-iii-ptr-2-7-4-now-live

New patch notes for ptr. Not sure how to feel yet. Will have to tool around later.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Suburban Dad posted:

New patch notes for ptr. Not sure how to feel yet. Will have to tool around later.

Bogadile instant kill!

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
Lots of big number buffs to the more underwhelming powers while nerfing the absolutely busted ones, nothing too surprising there. Looks like they're trying to get a sacrifice witch doctor build going which is cool. Not entirely sure why they changed strafe to now work with melee weapons given its graphics but whatever.

quote:

Updated the tooltip to reflect that other players can attack summoned bells.
This seems kind of broken?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

MM was predictably nerfed to not spawn 20 server-destroying missiles per cast, but now Mirrorball is a true multiplier so you might be able to get a legit MM build going beyond just FB. That sounds pretty neat. Tal Rasha still needs some help but otherwise these changes seem all right.

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

I haven't played Wizard in so long, but it seems like I will be leveling a Wizard and Barbarian first when the season starts. I usually default to Monk. Inna's is currently so hilariously busted, I would literally leap across the rift map and disappear, leaving my buddy playing necro behind and extremely confused. Even with the nerf, I wouldn't be surprised if it's still top tier.

Do any of the Crusader builds seem legit? I don't think I've ever gotten very far with crusader.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
The phalanx build might be good next season, we'll likely know more soon once the new ptr build gets tested out.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Sad about the Magic Missile nerf, but all the more reason to grab Mirror Ball.

So uh has anyone checked to see how the Witch Doctor one that gives gargantuans and dogs interacts with actually having the skills? Do they stack? Also any idea how they will interact with things like Tall Mans?

Haven't built a Witch Doctor in PTR yet, also never found Mirror Ball on my PTR Wizard.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Crusader probably still can rock the barrel o nails builds. They're gear steep but once you hit the CDR, you just ride around on your horse while things die. It's quite fun.

The valor sets good too. I didn't like it but others really do.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Ryuujin posted:

Haven't built a Witch Doctor in PTR yet, also never found Mirror Ball on my PTR Wizard.

You know about the bags on that big red demon right?

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Mirror Ball is not in any of those packages, unless I missed it somewhere. The focus that focuses on the big ball skill that I am blanking on, Arcane Orb?, is in one of them, and the wand focus set is in one, but not Mirror Ball as far as I can see.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
It's in the offhand pack and the bag of fortune.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Swilo posted:

Lots of big number buffs to the more underwhelming powers while nerfing the absolutely busted ones, nothing too surprising there. Looks like they're trying to get a sacrifice witch doctor build going which is cool. Not entirely sure why they changed strafe to now work with melee weapons given its graphics but whatever.

You can now use the Strafe angelic crucible with Impale and it rocks.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Okay got a Witch Doctor to 70 and tested out the ability that gives you two Gargantuans and 3 Dogs periodically. Not sure if you need the dogs on your skill list or not, haven't tried removing it. Don't get any extra Dogs out of it vs what having the skill and some passives already gives. The two Gargantuans does not give you any extra Gargantuans if you already had one summoned or try to summon one. Because it gives you a specific rune automatically you can select a different one. Got Short Man's Finger and now I have 6 small Gargantuans who grow big when elite enemies are around.

For Wizard Off Hand produces Triumvirate, Orb of Infinite Depth, Etched Sigil, and Winter Flurry. It does seem like Bag of Fortune now produces a Mirror Ball. Maybe that was a change in the latest update? Or there is only a chance to get it. Because I have opened at least two Bag of Fortunes on the Wizard before this.

Now the question is is there a better weapon for Magic Missile than the Fragment of Destiny.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Ryuujin posted:

I have 6 small Gargantuans who grow big when elite enemies are around.

Oh gently caress yes, based on the wording that's what I expected but good.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

I'm not doing the ptr, but I've been intrigued by the potential of this patch. Sounds like a bunch of disappointing half measures so far for the sets I was interested in.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Suburban Dad posted:

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo3/23826543/diablo-iii-ptr-2-7-4-now-live

That Storm Armor nerf :laffo:

Dr_Gee
Apr 26, 2008

Dameius posted:

They should leave double goblin and fourth cube on forever.

this. or rotate through all the seasons, one per 2-4 weeks

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

iamsosmrt posted:

I'm not doing the ptr, but I've been intrigued by the potential of this patch. Sounds like a bunch of disappointing half measures so far for the sets I was interested in.

Hopefully this is just the 2nd attempt and there's another pass. There's already a few things that won't go live. Apparently WD can one shot a 140gr boss with their bogadile, lol. Some classes seem in a good place, others are pretty bad.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Some of the powers just seem absolutely pointless. The storm armour and vengeance powers particularly. One shotting a random trash mob every 30 seconds is nothing.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I feel like you could make the Storm Armor cooldown 10 seconds and it would be roughly on par with some of the other class powers. If you're too worried about it trivializing RGs then just give it a damage cap.

Even with the number of missiles getting nerfed I feel like MM FB is still gonna be the way to go for Wiz in S27. I hope they retroactively give Mirrorball 10 missiles after the season ends so that the build sticks around. DMO Frozen Orb also looks pretty strong. No clue what they're trying to do with Tal Rasha's. Why put two Meteor powers on staves for a set that already has an offhand? And give DMO an interaction with Meteor instead of just buffing TR? Maybe they're trying to make DMO6/TR2 a viable build, but I've tried it and it's not that great.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
ASK ME ABOUT MY BORDERLINE ALCOHOLISM
I think this season theme's biggest issues all come from not learning a valuable lesson they should have learned in season 1: making anything deal damage that scales with GR tiers is a bad idea.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.
Impale DH is ridiculously fun and I zoomed to GR120 with it. Hilariously entertaining. Now to try out Mirrorball MM.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Ive been leveling all the classes just to see what's changed in the last few years

Looks like in 3 years they never gave necromancer any extra items or QoL tweaks. Its pretty bad when LoD is better than all the sets. Also I was kinda hoping they'd do something about the bootstrapping issue with the corpse skills. Corpse Lance is fun to spam, but you need corpses first, and if each lance isn't 1-shotting something to make a corpse for the next one, you're gonna have to find another way to kill things. And if you have another, more reliable way to kill things, then corpse skills are just "win more" aren't they?

I just think its bad that basically everything necros can do is tied to a 2-minute cooldown.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

double post

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Necros got a 5th class set that does not rely on LotD and are getting a rework to Trag'oul that's going to easily put it into the Top 10 pushing builds for next season. LoD dependency or not, Necros are just generally strong at all aspects of the game.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Inna's set is pretty good on Monk, but the Mystic Ally AI sometimes goes stupid and just fucks off to random enemies.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

So far the new DH set owns, just spamming generators and strafing around forever. Also Impale continues to be super fun, and easy to put together

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
They’re adding sets or augmenting old ones?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Some class sets are getting reworked but the big gimmick for S27 are the angelic crucible powers that will shake up a lot of builds. One of which being a DH crucible that basically lets you play any set like GoD.

Orc Priest
Jun 9, 2021
the diablo 4 friends and family alpha is live and things have already started leaking.

any of you guys work at blizz? can i be your friend?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Orc Priest posted:

the diablo 4 friends and family alpha is live and things have already started leaking.

any of you guys work at blizz? can i be your friend?

I wanna see cool poo poo! Link me? Or pm me? (Do people care if leaked poo poo is in the thread?)

Orc Priest
Jun 9, 2021

External Organs posted:

I wanna see cool poo poo! Link me? Or pm me? (Do people care if leaked poo poo is in the thread?)

here's one of the vids i saw

https://t.me/RealMiCentral/22572

you get to see dadbod druid and a guy going bruuuuh

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Orc Priest posted:

dadbod druid and a guy going bruuuuh

that’s 2/3 of what I want from D4, so it looks like we’re on track.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
PTR is closed. Hopefully a season end and start is incoming soon.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

August 19 or 26 would be my guess.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Could have used another balance pass imho but I guess the Lead Intern said gently caress it and is doing it live.

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.

exquisite tea posted:

Could have used another balance pass imho but I guess the Lead Intern said gently caress it and is doing it live.

No time left. They have to get back to college in September.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Haha. There's still room for an adjustment before it goes live I think. Might just scale the numbers off what they saw at the end of the ptr and extrapolate.

They don't owe us a goddamn thing at this point. The game is over 10 years old. It's amazing there's still decent content coming out and they fixed the game in the first place. I can't think of many games that have done that for free basically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

exquisite tea posted:

They had to attend some mandatory anti-union propaganda meetings.