Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

the perfectly centered tweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ukrainian capitalists have finally succeeded in erasing the hope of a better tomorrow; now it's our turn

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

they are being taken down there to be put up here

surprise biaaaaaaaaaaaaatch

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Larry Parrish posted:

Ukrainian capitalists have finally succeeded in erasing the hope of a better tomorrow; now it's our turn

the soviet union was bleak enough that you'd need 1,320 statues to remind you that hope exists but i don't think thats what they symbolized to the Ukrainians

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

yeah. the Ukrainians are going to replace Lenin with statues of Nazi collaborators

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

THEY WILL touch or hold their guns

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

yeah. the Ukrainians are going to replace Lenin with statues of Nazi collaborators

molotov?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Sloppy Milkshake posted:

or, you know, actually fire them: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/25/us/charlottesville-protest-police.html

and the police will do nothing

and you will die with a bullet in your head and wads of sheetcake filling your mouth

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sloppy Milkshake posted:

THEY WILL point guns at the head of black men and pull the trigger (with the safety on, but only safe space snowflakes are afraid of being shot in the head by a Chris Kyle wannabe Tier-1 valor stealer)

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

the trump tutelage posted:

What's the difference between the alt-light and Fox right of yesteryear?

e.
Ideologically

Alt-light generally want protectionism and social programs as long as they go to "the right" people and they despise neocon foreign policy. Part of the reason this stuff has been gaining popularity is probably because they've dispensed with the hideously unpopular aspects of the GOP like tax cuts for the rich, cuts to medicare/social security, corporate subsidies to preferred industries, endless foreign wars, etc.

MaxxBot has issued a correction as of 02:29 on Aug 27, 2017

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Why not a great Ukrainian. Like Nestor?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Crowsbeak posted:

Why not a great Ukrainian. Like Nestor?

Not antisemitic enough.

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

Taintrunner posted:

THEY WILL point guns at the head of black men and pull the trigger (with the safety on, but only safe space snowflakes are afraid of being shot in the head by a Chris Kyle wannabe Tier-1 valor stealer)

I can't believe I'm surprised by this but here I am surprised. What're the details?

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Actual fascist stepan bandera

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/902013393556709380

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

lol at all the centrists who want texans to die cause they spurned abuela

double lol at chelsea dropping a measley $10 bucks to hurricane relief

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fallen Hamprince posted:

the soviet union was bleak enough that you'd need 1,320 statues to remind you that hope exists but i don't think thats what they symbolized to the Ukrainians

*using my powerful smart brain* a statue of a guy who brutally suplexed the landowners is the same as Stalin's imperialism

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Seriously though is 1000 statues supposed to be something only bad people do. There's probably just as many statues in the US to various founding fathers, who generally also hold the mythical perfect man status among filthy liberals that most leftists give to Lenin

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

There are statues or busts of Washington everywhere in this country. It's all basically the same thing.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Condiv posted:

or, you know, actually fire them: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/25/us/charlottesville-protest-police.html

and the police will do nothing

and you will die with a bullet in your head and wads of sheetcake filling your mouth

The problem with that video is even though anybody with half a brain knows a zippo and a can of deoderant isn't a dangerous weapon it is a guy spraying fire into a crowd of people walking past. It wouldn't be that difficult to get a court to assume self defence in that situation since the guy showed no intent of stopping spitting literal fire at traitor fanboys.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

There are statues or busts of Washington everywhere in this country. It's all basically the same thing.

really hosed up when Washington killed all those anarchists

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

lmao this is like the absolute reverse of useful information as a protestor.

DO be kind to the police as they ignore the nazis and kettle you instead

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Fallen Hamprince posted:

As a Canadian you should know this about the First Nations, but Washington ordered the Sullivan Expedition in 1779, which was a campaign of ethnic cleansing against the Iroquois Nation that wiped out 40 villages for collaborating with the Loyalists - and the survivors had to flee to Canada.

Washington also commissioned the first American Army as president in 1790, the purpose of which was to break the back of the newly formed Indian Confederacy in the Northwest Territory and make the region safe for white settlement.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

As a Canadian you should know this about the First Nations, but Washington ordered the Sullivan Expedition in 1779, which was a campaign of ethnic cleansing against the Iroquois Nation that wiped out 40 villages for collaborating with the Loyalists - and the survivors had to flee to Canada.

Washington also commissioned the first American Army as president in 1790, the purpose of which was to break the back of the newly formed Indian Confederacy in the Northwest Territory and make the region safe for white settlement.

Dude I live like 10 miles from a literal confederate-aligned death camp for natives where they worked them to death mining gold. And most people here are under the impression that California sat out both native genocide and the civil war. Everyone knows about the Spanish missions but usually it gets played off as a 'well they had it worse other places' type of deal.

People believe what they want to believe about their ancestors

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Larry Parrish posted:

And most people here are under the impression that California sat out... the civil war.

How do they get that impression? If you look at any Civil War map California is obviously in the Union, and they had Union volunteer regiments.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

So the argument is that Lenin was a piece of poo poo but that they shouldnt take down his statues because washington was too?

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
No, just the part about Washington being a piece of poo poo, you drooling moron

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Today's Ukrainian nationalists couldn't give less of a poo poo about the anarchists either.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

worst thread

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Fallen Hamprince posted:

I agree that the whiskey rebellion was an unfortunate historical event

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

the bitcoin of weed posted:

I agree that the whiskey rebellion was an unfortunate historical event

Being a centrist really does mean having zero idea of history doesn't it?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

nopantsjack posted:

lmao this is like the absolute reverse of useful information as a protestor.

DO be kind to the police as they ignore the nazis and kettle you instead

No, behaving in a way that doesn't make leftists look bad is good advice.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Jeb! Repetition posted:

No, behaving in a way that doesn't make leftists look bad is good advice.

Anything Leftists do is gonna be made to look bad by a comprador media class that serves the interests of their bourgeois masters. Who gives a poo poo about optics anymore? Respectability politics won't work when the opposition will never respect you.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Anything Leftists do is gonna be made to look bad by a comprador media class that serves the interests of their bourgeois masters. Who gives a poo poo about optics anymore? Respectability politics won't work when the opposition will never respect you.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
That Jeb face accompanying the most lukewarm takes on earth. Just perfect.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

How do they get that impression? If you look at any Civil War map California is obviously in the Union, and they had Union volunteer regiments.

There's no famous battles here so people just go 'well you know that was an eastern thing'

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Marxist-Jezzinist posted:

That Jeb face accompanying the most lukewarm takes on earth. Just perfect.

Jeb! Can Fix It!

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Larry Parrish posted:

There's no famous battles here so people just go 'well you know that was an eastern thing'

You could say the same thing about every New England state. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Because the media can't conjure footage of antifa violence out of thin air, and it's about convincing people on the sidelines, not the opposition. We still live in a democracy as much as you hate that fact.

• Locked thread