Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Larry Parrish posted:

His twitter header is literally the colbert intro but starring george washington

its really great i know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

tbf this is @DudeSlater's twitter bio

i think it may have been written by a markov chain algorithm, in part because there are like a billion weird left twitter accounts with profile pics of identical mustachoids like this guy

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/884764567116623872

guys I have some very sad news. brother yglesias has lost his way and fallen under the extremist influence of social democracy

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
someone tell him about Uber but for Chipotle, he'll straighten back out in no time

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fellow entrepreneurs and businessmen, we must embrace and protect a state of permanent disruption

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

use me like an app - iHillary 2020

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

oh btw, here's an actual non-racist leader talking about africa hamprince:

https://twitter.com/ZaidJilani/status/884504007745601536

notice he mentions our involvement in africa's situation? notice he doesn't say their problems stem from their civilization and they have too many babies?

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
It's not racist to look at Africa and recognize that a lot is wrong on the continent regardless of past or ongoing colonial enterprising. You're either a moral coward or a moral relativist if you think otherwise.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
modus vivendi modus vivendi modus vivendi modus vivendi modus vivendi modus vivENDI modus VIVENDI MODUSVIVENDIMODUSVIVENDI

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

the trump tutelage posted:

It's not racist to look at Africa and recognize that a lot is wrong on the continent regardless of past or ongoing colonial enterprising. You're either a moral coward or a moral relativist if you think otherwise.

Except that if you ignore past and (more importantly) ongoing colonial enterprises when diagnosing those problems, the only alternative is racism.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

MizPiz posted:

So who is liberal Alex Jones? Louise Mensch?

That's tough, I can't think of anyone on Alex Jones' level, the closest is probably the Young Turks or someone from the Green Party.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

MizPiz posted:

Except that if you ignore past and (more importantly) ongoing colonial enterprises when diagnosing those problems, the only alternative is racism.

Well that implies the only things that could cause these problems are colonialism or biological inferiority.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

the trump tutelage posted:

that's true. it's not racist to look at africa and recognize there's a lot wrong with the way things are going. the racist part is when you then blame it on the civilization of africans and having too many babies, and don't breath one word about the ongoing colonial enterprising.

if you would like a goofus/gallant style example of this, here you go

goofus: https://twitter.com/joeprince___/status/884463860736028672

gallant: https://twitter.com/ZaidJilani/status/884504007745601536

don't be racist like goofus, be woke like gallant

Condiv has issued a correction as of 19:21 on Jul 11, 2017

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Well that implies the only things that could cause these problems are colonialism or biological inferiority.

Is there a better explanation than "+400 years of exploitation and oppression that's continuing to this day"?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Fallen Hamprince posted:

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/884764567116623872

guys I have some very sad news. brother yglesias has lost his way and fallen under the extremist influence of social democracy
the british elections have shown yglesias the light. he's on the "bernie (probably) would've won" train, he thinks nancy pelosi needs to step down as the leader of the house dems, and now this. all the while, he's getting yelled at by lovely dems

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

get that OUT of my face posted:

the british elections have shown yglesias the light. he's on the "bernie (probably) would've won" train, he thinks nancy pelosi needs to step down as the leader of the house dems, and now this. all the while, he's getting yelled at by lovely dems

https://twitter.com/Endoracrat/status/882642775887368193

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

fuckin :laffo:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Fallen Hamprince posted:

tbf this is @DudeSlater's twitter bio

i think it may have been written by a markov chain algorithm, in part because there are like a billion weird left twitter accounts with profile pics of identical mustachoids like this guy

i like elft twitter but not sure why there are so many moustaches

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

just grow a gross neckbeard like your chapo idols dudes

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Dreddout posted:

And is now being slowly but surely rolled back now that that fear is gone

Let's look on the bright side. We know that if things get bad enough, unions will re-emerge regardless of efforts to outlaw them. Thousands will die, many more will lose their jobs, and millions will be heinously exploited before the union earns even a single protection for workers, but you know, what else is new.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I hate these filthy centrists, C-SPAM. With the right you know where they stand, but with centrists, who knows? It sickens me.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

dont even fink about it posted:

Let's look on the bright side. We know that if things get bad enough, unions will re-emerge regardless of efforts to outlaw them.
you seem to think that there is hope for us and you're wrong

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Inescapable Duck posted:

I hate these filthy centrists, C-SPAM. With the right you know where they stand, but with centrists, who knows? It sickens me.

This but unironicly

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Inescapable Duck posted:

centrists are centrists. that means they are comfortable about being politely racist, and hating the poor for wanting things instead of hating them for existing. why would you ever want to ally with fickle centrists who side with the right? you just have to look at the idc and the blue dogs and a bunch of other loser triangulator dems like hillary to see how crappy centrism is and centrists are.

:barf: what a disgusting ideology

Condiv has issued a correction as of 10:12 on Jul 12, 2017

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 244 days!

Condiv posted:

centrists are centrists. that means they are comfortable about being politely racist, and hating the poor for wanting things instead of hating them for existing. why would you ever want to ally with fickle centrists who side with the right? you just have to look at the idc and the blue dogs and a bunch of other loser triangulator dems like hillary to see how crappy centrism is and centrists are.

:barf: what a disgusting ideology

centrism is the struggle to feel good about being progressive while enjoying all the benefits of being the hard-nosed 'realistic' reactionary

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

:ssh: the secret of centrism is that centrism isn't actually a real ideology and more of a collection of 'the truth is in the middle' dumbasses that serve as whipping post for others

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Inescapable Duck posted:

nah I know exactly where centrists stand, it's one inch to the left of the fascists

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
Centrists don't really do "maybe both sides", they're more the people who scream "no right, no left" as code for jettisoning any left wing thought.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/885148319143542784

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

can you imagine being a centrist?

"i hate black people, but not enough to be a republican"
"i don't think gay people deserve to be married or adopt kids, but i'm ok seeing them on tv"

:laffo: just give up and be a republican

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Radical Centerrorism

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Condiv posted:

can you imagine being a centrist?

"i hate black people, but not enough to be a republican"
"i don't think gay people deserve to be married or adopt kids, but i'm ok seeing them on tv"

:laffo: just give up and be a republican

I'm still convinced that the aftermath of trump is gonna cause a massive realignment where the establishment dems jettison the party and the current dems become Sanders socdems

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

The author of ' what's the problem with white people' :frogsiren:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Centrism is just a way for democrats to say they're conservatives without losing the California votes

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i hate the word "centrist," it has an unpleasant sound. when did "moderate" fall by the wayside?

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

get that OUT of my face posted:

i hate the word "centrist," it has an unpleasant sound. when did "moderate" fall by the wayside?

centrists call themselves moderates all the time still it helps them pretend they're the reasonable adults in the room rather than just a step away from fascism and telling people who give a gently caress about real human suffering 'to be realistic'

I Am A Robot
Jul 1, 2006
the worst are the ones who take pride in being centrists because centrists are "impartial", "open-minded", "non-biased", and above party politics lmao

The most biased person in the room is the one who thinks he's impartial.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Is this another thing we can blame South Park for? 'The truth is in the middle' and all that.

Maybe it's just as well that South Park has traditionally completely ignored anything resembling leftist politics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Matt and Trey are libertarians, and they've wrote that into their stuff.

Their Uber episode basically ignores all the labor abuses by the company, in favor of mocking taxi companies (that actually follow the law) as all lazy.

• Locked thread