Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

KungFu Grip posted:

is there going to be a separate Mae Young Classic thread like there was for the CWC or will the Mae Young Classic not have as many aired show

They are apparently taping the majority of it in July, and then releasing it in large chunks. So there probably won't be a need for a thread, as multiple episodes will be dropped at once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

KungFu Grip posted:

is there going to be a separate Mae Young Classic thread like there was for the CWC or will the Mae Young Classic not have as many aired show
Yeah for sure, this is the overflow but there's going to be GDT like usual. There's only one show less for the MYC than there was for the CWC

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
The Big Dawg's gon' win cuz I luv her!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

dsriggs posted:

The Big Dawg's gon' win cuz I luv her!

and now to Mama Hernandez for her report on Total Divas

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Evie's new name is actually pretty good IMO

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
I'm actually going to one of Stardom's Shinkiba 1st Ring shows on Sunday! It will be my first live wrestling experience on any continent let alone the first time I'll see joshipuro. Is there anyone I should look out for? I imagine these aren't important like the Korakuen Hall matches or any of their tours, but I'm still really excited.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Auritech posted:

I'm actually going to one of Stardom's Shinkiba 1st Ring shows on Sunday! It will be my first live wrestling experience on any continent let alone the first time I'll see joshipuro. Is there anyone I should look out for? I imagine these aren't important like the Korakuen Hall matches or any of their tours, but I'm still really excited.

Most people in STARDOM are pretty good. I'd say the real exception to the rule are the rookie matches, but I'm not going to really criticize them, since they are young kids.

As for people to look out for, Hana Kimura, Kagetsu, Queens Quest (HZK and AZM), and Mayu Iwatani are all good folks to watch.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

sportsgenius86 posted:

Evie's new name is actually pretty good IMO

It at least sounds like a believable name.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

DarkstarIV posted:

Most people in STARDOM are pretty good. I'd say the real exception to the rule are the rookie matches, but I'm not going to really criticize them, since they are young kids.

The youngest turns 13 next month, last I checked.

quote:

As for people to look out for, Hana Kimura, Kagetsu, Queens Quest (HZK and AZM), and Mayu Iwatani are all good folks to watch.

Yeah, the upper card generally have memorable matches worth catching. Main event is probably gonna be a really good match, regardless of who's in it. They're good at that.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Evie/Dakota is a El Generico level babyface.

She tried with Billie and Peyton but WWE didn't pick her up. The likes of Ricochet not being signed is rightfully cited as one of NXT's bigger mistakes but Evie being signed then would have greatly helped with the post-Bayley hangover NXT has experienced.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/880631504518471682

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/880751542109954049

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.

"It looks like she should've been called KAIRI INSANE MAMA MIA" - Mauro after Kairi does something high risk

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Vaguido posted:

"It looks like she should've been called KAIRI INSANE MAMA MIA" - Mauro after Kairi does something high risk

You're dreaming if you think he'll pass up an 'insane in the membrane' line.

Either that or Lita will do it during the actual show.

Also looks like maybe the qualifiers from the NXT taping aren't going to be on the NXT TV show but just put up on WWE.com?

Happy to see Viper involved, the tourney needed a big girl to throw little ladies around the ring.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Is the Adele look alike good?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

sad that LuFisto is probably too old for this but maybe they could make up for it by getting her protege Jordynne Grace

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

I have altered my retirement plans. Pray I do not alter them any further.

sportsgenius86 posted:

She's ok. She has the Nia Jax problem of being booked as a monster heel because of her size, but also not really being able to pull that off because she gives off the vibe of being too nice a person for that. That being said, her brief Shimmer run wasn't super great, but her work in Japan and England seems much better.

I was already actually planning to be in the Orlando area when the MYC is taping, so I'm going to the shows. I'm probably leaning either Evie/Dakota or Nixon Newell to win, just because they've signed contracts but haven't debuted on NXT TV yet, so it'd give them a good boost going in. Neither are really strong promos, but both are pretty great wrestlers.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

TheHock posted:

She's ok. She has the Nia Jax problem of being booked as a monster heel because of her size, but also not really being able to pull that off because she gives off the vibe of being too nice a person for that. That being said, her brief Shimmer run wasn't super great, but her work in Japan and England seems much better.

I was already actually planning to be in the Orlando area when the MYC is taping, so I'm going to the shows. I'm probably leaning either Evie/Dakota or Nixon Newell to win, just because they've signed contracts but haven't debuted on NXT TV yet, so it'd give them a good boost going in. Neither are really strong promos, but both are pretty great wrestlers.

Evie's been on NXT TV before as a jobber to Nia Jax, and I think Asuka as well. I'm leaning towards Kairi Sane, simply because she has way more hype built up behind her, and would probably need the win, because her English isn't that great.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

sportsgenius86 posted:

I really liked her Stardom run, beat the poo poo out of both Io Shirai and Toni Storm before losing both matches. Not quite as polished as Havok but definitely smarter about social media.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

DLC Inc posted:

sad that LuFisto is probably too old for this but maybe they could make up for it by getting her protege Jordynne Grace

Jordynne isn't happening. Said so on Twitter and booked for the SHINE card the same day.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Stardom's English PR team is hilariously bad. This statement comes immediately after them doing nothing but making GBS threads on Meltzer and other "dirtsheets".

quote:

While kairi wants to keep the elbow (I know that for a fact...and she said she might not be able to in WWE), but the WWE website and their creative and developmental have about zero to do with each other. So often times you will see stuff on the website that are "out of whack" with the real world of WWE. Hopefully in the end they let her use it. But I wouldn't take mention of it on the website as meaning that she can use it, when they specifically told her maybe she can't.

quote:

Kairi signed for less than she made in Stardom. And if you know half of what has gone on between WWE and Stardom (behind the scenes), they haven't done us any favors.

If I was Rossy, I would have replaced them by now.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Viper owns if only for this twitter exchange

https://twitter.com/missviper91/status/856883749543346176

https://twitter.com/bigjockofficial/status/857113505123758082

https://twitter.com/missviper91/status/857128019831525378

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

She has WWE level Twitter game that's for sure

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

this is fantastic

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZgaJb8PbIo&t=34s

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Yeah, just saw it. Bianca is still green, but I feel like she has potential to become a decent worker down the road.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Bianca showing tons of potential and this also might have been the best Aliyah's looked on NXT in awhile?

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Allysin Kay/Sienna is always a good promo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OynYRQ8FCmM

Ghidzilla
May 12, 2009

DM Punk posted:

Allysin Kay/Sienna is always a good promo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OynYRQ8FCmM

She's ok, although she can come off a little too choreographed at times and not natural-sounding.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
One year ago, Kimber Lee/Abbey Laith vs Veda Scott. Really good match here. One of Veda's best ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2LaJwr7-1A

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
Just wanted to say that at first I hated Nia Jax's entrance and theme and then I really hated it but now I've wrapped around to loving it.

I'M NOT LIKE MOST GIRLS~~

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I hope after watching this G1 USA special that Hunter calls an audible and has Mauro call the action with Lita

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
I went to the Stardom Shining Stars 2017 in Shin-Kiba and for my first live wrestling experience, it was a blast. There's a lot of things I took away from it but it really does pay to see the whole theatrical experience in its proper setting. It wasn't a five star card, but sometimes all it takes is a fun time and I definitely want to go back. Some key thoughts:

- I kinda expected a lot of kids wrestling but I didn't expect as much dancing as I saw. The kids wrestling thing is okay but I feel too old watching it. The dancing confused me but this is Japan after all!

- 1st Ring is a small venue, and unfortunately not all the seats were sold, but it was intimate like a rock club show and I think it was all the better for it. I was able to get high-fives from a couple of the wrestlers and that made it all the more awesome. Also, if you subscribe to Stardom World and see a big doofy foreigner selling the moves with exaggerated facial expressions and occasionally taking photos, that's me. My wife accidentally got me a great seat. I was one of four foreigners at the show and two of them were wrestling the card. So I apologize for my big dumb face. XD

- I love the whole thing Hana Kimura is doing. She has an ice blue single contact lens going on now.

- Mayu Iwatani is way more skinny in person than her photographs let on! Also, the finish to the main event was kind of sudden after Yoko Bito roundhoused Hiromi Mimura, and even the crowd was kind of surprised.

I kinda feel bad for taking photos but the impulse was strong. Most of the photos look way better in live picture mode, so I'll just leave one shot here of Bito and Konami trapping Mimura in the corner! Go support your local promotion!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Quackenbush tried to do the Joshimania tour a couple years too early. You never realize how tiny these girls are until you stand next to them, I took pictures with Asuka and I'm over a foot taller than she is. Promotions like Ice Ribbon are a lot more about fan interaction so you'll tower like Godzilla.

Glad you had fun! You saw a weird transition period in STARDOM where Mayu was thrusted into their main star position and most of their gaijin like Kris Wolf are back across seas at the moment.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Sareee and Arisa Nakajima were sent out offers to come to the performance center and possibly get a WWE contract, according to Squared Circle Sirens.

http://squaredcirclesirens.com/arisa-nakajima-sareee-scouted-by-wwe/

Both are members of the SEAdLINNNG roster in Japan.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Looks like the MYC will have a title belt:

I guess it will ape the UK Championship. A weekly TV show and periodic title defenses on friendly indie promotion's shows.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
She's winning it, right?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

you can tell she's a face now because she isn't showing teeth

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
Eh, until they actually come out and say there's going to be a belt, I'd figure this is just whatever that publication is not understanding they're not going for one of the already created ones.

Or someone let slip some booking somewhere and the winner gets a shot at the NXT belt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the MYC belt is going to look like the uk title except the mythical creatures are replaced by mae and moolah. If you can get past that it will look pretty "choice" or "ace".