Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Is Mia Yim not even getting considered for NXT? Is there any reason why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Internet was saying the WWE wasn't especially impressed with a lot of the MYC competitors and would only be signing a few.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
MYC had a bunch people who were signed awhile ago but not on NXT yet so that's not a huge surprise.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Oct 16, 2017

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I just kinda assumed it was a given that Mia Yim would be signed, she immediately stood out to me as somebody worth having on the roster.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Yeah Mia Yim seemed like an obvious signing. I think she'd fit into the same role that Ruby Riot does at the bare minimum.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Have no idea why. But I know she is still very much trying to get signed.

Usually, it comes down to the wrong person not being sold on you.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I would imagine that that's all it takes if there aren't many or any vacancies left. If they were trying to build something like a standalone women's wrestling show, that'd be one thing, but they only use so many at a time on Raw or Smackdown and they've stocked up the future NXT roster considerably.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/CarmellaWWE/status/919947600689881088

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Britt Baker and her boyfriend are going to be on Parts Unknown this weekend
https://twitter.com/RealBrittBaker/status/919950905805623297

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

did bourdain even know his show was named after a wrestling term

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

I curious about how they came to guest on Bourdain's show.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

TV Zombie posted:

I curious about how they came to guest on Bourdain's show.

I've no idea but Britt seems to know a lot of the right people in Pittsburgh. She's often at charity galas and stuff. Also is a Dental Student at the University of Pittsburgh. One of those high achiever types.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

rovert posted:

I've no idea but Britt seems to know a lot of the right people in Pittsburgh. She's often at charity galas and stuff. Also is a Dental Student at the University of Pittsburgh. One of those high achiever types.

if she rolls with Gabby Ortiz, then she's got access to pretty much everyone heavy into politics in PGH.

for those wondering about Gabby:
https://twitter.com/gabbity/status/877551957228961794

http://www.philly.com/philly/entertainment/gabby-ortiz-pro-wrestling-ring-of-honor-monster-factory-jim-kenney-20170920.html

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

nice goku gear, dork

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

rovert posted:

Yeah the local paper just ran a article on her, shame they don't mention her training in AIW with Johnny and Candace
http://www.post-gazette.com/news/ed...ies/20171018013

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Alaois posted:

nice goku gear, dork

that's Shanna, one of the greats no one ever talks about. Mostly because she's rude and portuguese.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/tonistorm_/status/921696581518102528

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

she seemed a lot happier during the show. Mainly because there were two really loud Taiwanese guys wearing Progress shirts chanting "Toni Toni Toni loving Storm"

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rS6li7ECPvo

Karen Q is someone a lot of wrestlers and promoters really speak highly of. Trust me. Someone to look out for and commit to memory:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Vince's head is going to explode when he realizes there's like 10+ asians at the performance center and he has to book more than "Red Gumby" and "Horror movie girl"

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

RealFoxy posted:

Vince's head is going to explode when he realizes there's like 10+ asians at the performance center and he has to book more than "Red Gumby" and "Horror movie girl"

Just get Jim Ross to re-explain to Vince that there's these websites that....

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Two Beans posted:

Just get Jim Ross to re-explain to Vince that there's these websites that....

Vince: How the hell can people find Asian people attractive?
JR shows Vince a picture of Kota Ibushi
Vince: Mother of God.....

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Vince: How the hell can people find Asian people attractive?
JR shows Vince a picture of Kitamura
Vince: Mother of God.....

fyp

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Please use his correct name: Swole Vampire

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Jerusalem posted:

Please use his correct name: Swole Vampire

That man looks like he has swollen a neck pillow and it got stuck on his neck, yes. If it was a Vampire neck pillow, I'm not sure.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
A lot of Wrestler newspaper are skippable shite but this is an interesting read:

https://twitter.com/martinhines/status/923949507779362817

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
I just got back from Kagetsu's first self-produced show in Osaka and it was a really great time! Pretty short card with only five matches, and most of them well under fifteen minutes, but they were all good in their own way. The real standouts for me were Kris Wolf vs. Kaho Kobayashi, who had good chemistry and made for one of Kris' best matches imo; Hiroyo Matsumoto and HUB vs. Hikaru Shida and Kohei Sato, which played the intergender thing for laughs at first but turned pretty brutal pretty quick; and of course Kagetsu vs. Io Shirai, which was as good as it sounds.

In her closing remarks, Kagetsu confessed that for a long time she'd been planning to use the event to announce her retirement, but a lot of help and support from Io had led her to a change of heart. Which is a relief, because going by her recent performances, Kagetsu is the best she's ever been. She's definitely showing that she deserves a spot alongside the bigger names in Stardom.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Johnny Landmine posted:

In her closing remarks, Kagetsu confessed that for a long time she'd been planning to use the event to announce her retirement, but a lot of help and support from Io had led her to a change of heart. Which is a relief, because going by her recent performances, Kagetsu is the best she's ever been. She's definitely showing that she deserves a spot alongside the bigger names in Stardom.

I am so glad she didn't, that would have been horrible. Kagetsu is probably my favorite wrestler right now.

Sounds like a fun show. I wonder if it will be available anywhere.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Yeah, she's easily among my absolute favorites. Thanks to the lovely Japanese sentence structure, it was a while before there was any definite indicator that she wasn't retiring after all, so you could almost hear the whole room's jaws dropping and then picking back up as she spoke.

There were a few video cameras around, so it should make its way somewhere sooner or later.

Another thing that was cool was that there were a lot of women and kids in the crowd, compared to the, uh, consistency of most Stardom crowds. (I know this wasn't a Stardom event but there was a lot of Stardom talent and fan presence there too.)

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Johnny Landmine posted:

Yeah, she's easily among my absolute favorites. Thanks to the lovely Japanese sentence structure, it was a while before there was any definite indicator that she wasn't retiring after all, so you could almost hear the whole room's jaws dropping and then picking back up as she spoke.

There were a few video cameras around, so it should make its way somewhere sooner or later.

Another thing that was cool was that there were a lot of women and kids in the crowd, compared to the, uh, consistency of most Stardom crowds. (I know this wasn't a Stardom event but there was a lot of Stardom talent and fan presence there too.)
STARDOM's first big break before Io & Friends was Yuzupon and they used to use a lot of gravure idols too so it's not shocking they brought in the AKB type fans and most of them just stuck around

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The World/complexion of the WWE roster is changing under our feet really:

https://twitter.com/mookieghana/status/923577091773423616

https://twitter.com/badboicasey/status/924444598956711936

And as Casey points out:
https://twitter.com/badboicasey/status/924444882806206464

Also, they aren't exactly releasing people/turning over the roster currently either on the main roster or in NXT.

A bunch of international trainees report to NXT in January.

Local media is advertising Charlotte/Nattie as the final match of Starrcade. Which will be a first as Women's matches have never headlined a WWE live event to my mind.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

rovert posted:

Also, they aren't exactly releasing people/turning over the roster currently either on the main roster or in NXT.

I jinxed it

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/924665247927013378

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Wonder if Emma will end up in STARDOM or something down the line. I wouldn't rule it out.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Emma rules, I hope she lands somewhere good.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I need Emma vs. Toni Storm like yesterday

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

She wasn't ready for Asuka

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bad day for women's wrestling

Yoshiko won the Oz Academy title

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Really like Emma, hope she goes somewhere that actually puts her to good use.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Blasmeister posted:

She wasn't ready for Asuka

Lio Rush account spotted.

Also, this makes me absolutely boggle at why Asuka went 50/50 with her. Like, fine, if they were planning to push Emma, protecting her a little makes some sense, but if she had one foot out the door, just let Asuka squash her. It's not like she didn't work a match where that basically happened in NXT anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

I wonder if there is any long discussion regarding who they want to release because if that's the case, then Asuka's matches with Emma makes no sense as opposed to just releasing people on a whim.