Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«61 »
Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

andey...

it would be good to see a ranking of all of the promotions that have womens wrestling in order of majorness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

I got your scoops right here.

DM Punk posted:

She's literally a tag champion in SHIMMER, the gold standard for women's wrestling outside of Japan. She's basically a regular in almost every major women's fed in the US. Really the only big companies she doesn't work for is Beyond/WWR, AAW, and Nova Pro.

Like with others those belts were probably put on her as Prazak knew WWE had no interest in her between tapings. The former Champs are MYC II entrant Vanessa Kraven and then angling to sign to WWE Tessa Blanchard.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

andey...

who would you say is more of a wwe staple between Blue Pants and Tessa Blanchard. All-time

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Cavauro posted:

who would you say is more of a wwe staple between Blue Pants and Tessa Blanchard. All-time

Leva was literally brought in to do one job for Carmella and she turned it into a bunch of return bookings. She was never meant to even be noticed and she got her own WWE shirt out of it. Pretty cool honestly. She was never gonna get a contract due to age and other factors but she made the most of her opportunity.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

I bet against K-1

Leva's put in the road work but her physical skill is still green. She'll blow spots, lose holds and gas out quickly. A lot of it has to do with how shallow the women's talent pool has been for the longest time. Before SHIMMER, there were no main event level talent being cultivated. Women were 10 minute feature spots and nothing else. poo poo has changed. Look at where Gabby Ortiz's skill level is vs Leva's. Women coming up now have more opportunities to put in the work and learn.

And I'm not saying this to poo poo on Leva. She's entertaining but when you compare her work vs other younger talents, you can see why she's getting squeezed out of these top dollar spots.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Leva is never gonna be the star attraction to a show. She's there to fill a role. She's the goofy, fun, light-hearted match. There's more to wrestling than just moves and technical ability. Leva excels in charisma, character, and crowd participation. I've seen a ton of shows where she's had longer merch lines than more skilled workers.

I honestly thought her and Mia Yim made a great team because as good in ring as Mia is, she was never the best promo. So, they complimented each other really well.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

DM Punk posted:

I honestly thought her and Mia Yim made a great team because as good in ring as Mia is, she was never the best promo. So, they complimented each other really well.

Their break up was a relative money feud in SHINE. Before SHINE SHINE'D. When Mia mocked Leva's injury and dressed up as an injured Leva it drew legit heat.

Also, I've said in the past Leva and Alison Danger's tag team in SHIMMER were more than sufficient over to win their tag titles when the roster depth was really deep.

I am just providing a degree in balance here.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Renee Young followed Britt Baker.

Read into that what you will.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

I feel like Neveah and Havok were supposed to be the ones to take the tag straps off Tessa and Kraven, but Tessa showed up and gave notice the taping before Neveah was healthy (thought she was getting signed?).

Also, the Takeover stuff is legit. Granted, no one would know about it if salty talents weren't working overtime to bury her.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Staying healthy due to sheer coincidence.

Gearl Hebner got introduced by what seems like her shoot name at DEFY tonight. Got very loud applause and you deserve it chants. She seemed surprised and got emotional (positive way), and turned away for a bit to compose herself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Strong recommended one of the best Toni Storm matches I've seen. Wesna is like the female Fit Finlay.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fpt2KVkytoo

«61 »