Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Please don't refer to any human being as literally someone else's wet dream no matter how bigoted you are toward whichever race, hair color, etc or how you feel about their beliefs. That's extremely disrespectful to the point of absurdity. Oh don't worry about him, he's just some sleepcum. wrong. he's an olympic fencing champion, or a therapy dog trainer. Valuable

a good buddy on here tipped me off in a PM that this might be a misunderstanding on my part. If that's the case then just ignore this post but I don't think I've said anything that doesn't represent my personal character so I guess I'll just say my statement stands for anyone that it might be applicable to, with all due respect, even if that isn't anyone atm

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Aug 20, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

Watching Tokyo Joshi Pro from 5/3/18 and in the main event, one of the wrestlers retires shortly after this match, right?

I think the main event of that show is Miyu Yamashita vs Rika Tatsumi in which case, no. The only wrestler from TJPW that's retired this year is Maho Kurone, the zombie girl after she got sidelined with an anxiety disorder. Azusa Christie/Takigawa is retiring soon though.

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Aug 20, 2018

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

aw man, Asuza's one of my favorite heels. Absolute jerk.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

It was revealed that Saki-sama had brainwashed her and now she's a face again. Also Saki-sama has gone back to Paris and been replaced by her identical Japanese body double Saki Akai.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

It was revealed that Saki-sama had brainwashed her and now she's a face again. Also Saki-sama has gone back to Paris and been replaced by her identical Japanese body double Saki Akai.

oh. this is what I get for dropping my DDT Universe sub.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I think the main event of that show is Miyu Yamashita vs Rika Tatsumi in which case, no. The only wrestler from TJPW that's retired this year is Maho Kurone, the zombie girl after she got sidelined with an anxiety disorder. Azusa Christie/Takigawa is retiring soon though.

Ah ok. I thought I saw a gif about how Itoh, Zombie Girl and someone else was talking about being part of the future of Joshi or at least TJP and how only Itoh was left out of that trio. I thought the other girl was in that match.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

TV Zombie posted:

Ah ok. I thought I saw a gif about how Itoh, Zombie Girl and someone else was talking about being part of the future of Joshi or at least TJP and how only Itoh was left out of that trio. I thought the other girl was in that match.

Maki Itoh and Miyu are still around. Maki has other obligations to take care of though that are higher priority than TJPW though, according to her livestreams she does.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

Maki Itoh and Miyu are still around. Maki has other obligations to take care of though that are higher priority than TJPW though, according to her livestreams she does.

I think that's just her gimmick. She was fired from her idol group (a year ago today actually)

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1031617142012166144

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

:woop:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/oystersearrings/status/1031123368001646592

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Onee-san grew up

https://twitter.com/DramaticDDT/status/1031427928263979009

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Tenma my heart!

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
I love her and I hope she pulls the googles on like Jun Kasai before leapfrogging off of Yuki for her crossbody.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Is stardom or tjp the better value in terms of enjoyment?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

it depends.

Stardom has a great workrate roster with a revolving cast of gaijins getting pipelined into the WWE system. They're currently running a G-1 style tournament that has produced some solid to great matches so far. They also provide prematch promos subtitled in english. The big negative is Rossy(the owner) thinks it is ok to feature underage girls in bikini photobooks.

TJP is part of the DDT Universe sub package, and leans more heavily on hijinks than in-ring action. That said their hijinks are pretty wacky but require some japanese to really appreciate or having a companion website to help translate. No word on how exploitive TJP is of their underage talent.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

That's really loving cool

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

coconono posted:

it depends.

Stardom has a great workrate roster with a revolving cast of gaijins getting pipelined into the WWE system. They're currently running a G-1 style tournament that has produced some solid to great matches so far. They also provide prematch promos subtitled in english. The big negative is Rossy(the owner) thinks it is ok to feature underage girls in bikini photobooks.

TJP is part of the DDT Universe sub package, and leans more heavily on hijinks than in-ring action. That said their hijinks are pretty wacky but require some japanese to really appreciate or having a companion website to help translate. No word on how exploitive TJP is of their underage talent.
Takagi is a lot less skeezy of a guy in general, I've never heard anything bad about him anywhere

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
TJPW is more nominally into the idol thing, but they (and most of the audience that I've been around) keep it pretty tongue-in-cheek, relative to Stardom - there's no bikini books or anything like that. I've been to several shows and haven't seen anything that skeeves me out like some Stardom goods do. Yuki Kamifuku, Reika Saiki and some others have gravure DVDs, but those are separate from TJPW (though Kamifuku occasionally hawks hers Yano-style), and they're all adults. I'm pretty sure TJPW's roster is older on average than Stardom's, though they have a 13-year-old trainee coming in soon.

It's interesting to see the differences in perception of Stardom in the west and the east. In Japan it's considered one of the more "idol-y" joshi promotions, and a workrate promotion decidedly second, while westerners see it as more workrate focused than anything else. None of this is to say there's not a lot of great wrestling in Stardom, because there definitely is. It's the clear choice if really good wrestling is the most important factor in the decision.

Personally I enjoy TJPW more, but that's down to the same personal preference that makes me like DDT more than NJPW. There are really good wrestlers at the top of TJPW cards, and it's slowly but surely getting less top-heavy in terms of talent. It's much lighter in tone and character-focused, too, so I can blow through whole TJPW cards while I almost always just pick and choose matches from Stardom. I do understand Japanese, so that might be a factor, but I don't think it's insurmountable if you keep an eye on the ddtpro_eng twitter, or Dramatic DDT, etc., which really cover it about as well as or better than Stardom's subtitles do.

e: If we're talking about bang for your entertainment buck, TJPW comes with DDT and all their other sub-promotions too, if you're into it

Johnny Landmine fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Aug 21, 2018

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I made a thread for Stardom's Five Star Grand Prix, which is their two block round robin tournament that just started. It's got a bunch of information on Stardom and their midcard up

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3864696

Personally, I lean towards Stardom for workrate, ease of accessibility, and the fact that Oedo Tai is the best faction in pro wrestling, full stop

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Johnny Landmine posted:

It's interesting to see the differences in perception of Stardom in the west and the east. In Japan it's considered one of the more "idol-y" joshi promotions, and a workrate promotion decidedly second, while westerners see it as more workrate focused than anything else. None of this is to say there's not a lot of great wrestling in Stardom, because there definitely is. It's the clear choice if really good wrestling is the most important factor in the decision.

The west doesn't ever get the full Stardom experience. All we ever see are the matches(which are quite good) and the few times they've come to the US as a tour, its been all wrestling no bullshit. Tam Nakano was the first person in quite a while to get a personal video profile thing uploaded to Stardom world(the gaijin were doing Tea Time episodes but I think those were more to keep them out of trouble than anything).

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
You haven't had the full Stardom experience until you've sat next to a dude almost old enough to be your dad who's a little too into AZM and Hanan matches and then had Sonny come on the Stardom subreddit to tell you that dude doesn't exist

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Johnny Landmine posted:

You haven't had the full Stardom experience until you've sat next to a dude almost old enough to be your dad who's a little too into AZM and Hanan matches and then had Sonny come on the Stardom subreddit to tell you that dude doesn't exist
:prepop:

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
I’ve had that experience. Maybe not the reddit part but the rest of it. :sigh:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Profiles for the MYC 2018 has been added:
https://www.wwe.com/section/mae-young-classic-competitors/article

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/wwr_stardom/status/1033159835141828608

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
Argh, why’s it gotta be in Osaka.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

Auritech posted:

Argh, why’s it gotta be in Osaka.

Why's it gotta be in Osaka on a weekend I'm working :/

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Just a heads up for anyone without a DDT subscription that the Tokyo Joshi Pro in two hours is free if you watch it live. If you see an awkward white guy in a stripy polo then that's me!

https://www.ddtpro.com/universe/videos/4820

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Reina and Itoh..teaming up is intriguing.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

They did a lethal lottery/parejas increibles type thing where Mizuki got teamed up with Yuka Sakazaki and won so Ito got jealous and Reika decided to team with her to go for the vacated tag titles.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

book Jamie Hayter more. She's two matches into the Stardom Grand Prix and has put together some absolutely amazing poo poo.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
NXT UK Women's Title.

I think it's pretty ugly looking, to be honest.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

belts are supposed to be gaudy ugly things. that's what makes fighting over them so fantastic.

that said, it'd probably look better in good lighting.

Qoey
Jun 2, 2014

DarkstarIV posted:

NXT UK Women's Title.

I think it's pretty ugly looking, to be honest.

I mean, that's also not a great picture. I can't tell 80% of the details on the front plate. I'd withhold judgment until I can see it better.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Qoey posted:

I mean, that's also not a great picture. I can't tell 80% of the details on the front plate. I'd withhold judgment until I can see it better.
It looks to be pretty much the same design as the UK Championship, except on a white strap.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Isn't that just how the titles work now? They all seem pretty identical just with different strap colors and details.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
2018 Aksana

https://twitter.com/skyIizzle/status/1033340010991419393

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/SHIMMERwomen/status/1034123223053553664

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS