Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Man I get it but booooooooooo that red belt result

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
I'm admittedly not a big Kyona fan but I think that even if you are this feels like the right result - you perhaps could have done the draw but her winning at the moment would sort of stink. Like the first world title win for someone like her should be this massive moment where the crowd cheers very loudly and streamers fly everywhere and like at this moment where crowds are banned from doing anything other than clapping; any first time babyface world title win would come across as being incredibly, incredibly flat. I honestly feel the same about Yoshiko's win last week after seeing it: that match was great but the ending and post-match would have been so much better if you had a normal crowd. I also think it'd feel better coming at the end of a longer story rather than in her first match against Mayu; it took Mayu three attempts to beat Io and while that's a transition between aces so slightly different it wouldn't have worked so well had she won first time.

Perhaps I'm wrong here but to me I wouldn't be hurrying to do any career-defining title wins at the moment: I don't really want Utami winning anything big until normal crowds are back for the same reason. If she wins something big I want it to feel big and like at the moment it wouldn't.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

I agree with all of that.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Yeah, same

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

TJPW's YUMI has decided to retire from pro wrestling to focus on being a student.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
She was very tall and tried hard, but no matter how many prodigies there have been I've not been super enthusiastic about watching a literal child take bumps.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

PublicOpinion posted:

I've not been super enthusiastic about watching a literal child take bumps.

How do you think the few remaining NXT fans feel during Adam Cole matches

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I'm just glad for her sake that it's because she wants to take school seriously and it's not something like poor Maho Kurone's anxiety issues.

Wrestling will still be there if she finishes school and wants to give it another go, I'm sure.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Neodoomium posted:

I'm just glad for her sake that it's because she wants to take school seriously and it's not something like poor Maho Kurone's anxiety issues.

Wrestling will still be there if she finishes school and wants to give it another go, I'm sure.
I had no idea she was that young, and I haven't seen her on a show in months but that also means Pom is now the undisputed queen of bad gear in TJP

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/1287208571558490113?s=20

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The way the Inaba/Maika match went down, this was obviously happening.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Yeah, I mainly posted that because:

1. I like how they do that "transition" photo op with the bosses of both companies
2. Business TAKA

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

based on every photo I've ever seen of Maika her gimmick is "ruthless killer"

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Itsuki Hoshino is retiring.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Jungle's odyssey continues, Tam doesn't get it done, Riho loses the belt without getting pinned

Whole bunch of results seemingly designed to bum me out personally tonight, STARDOM!

Neodoomium fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Jul 26, 2020

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
Finally caught TJPW's latest show, Moka had a real strong debut imo! Fun card. Shirakawa vs. Kamiyu kind of shocked me by how much of a slugfest it was. Think the heat may have been getting to people, a few pretty rough spots, though nothing as scary as Yuka's hurricanrana on the outside.

Following TJPW for a few years now, it's been really fun seeing the rookies grow. Hoping to see some of them get to go wild in the Princess Cup tourney. I think Hikari is going to give Miyu her traditional upset loss.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

It sounds like Yuna Manase is staying within the DDT family because she's working for Ganbare Pro now.

She mentioned she wasn't leaving TJPW permanently, so that's a pretty interesting and cool place for her to land.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Neodoomium posted:

It sounds like Yuna Manase is staying within the DDT family because she's working for Ganbare Pro now.

She mentioned she wasn't leaving TJPW permanently, so that's a pretty interesting and cool place for her to land.
Manase has one of the best lowkey banger buttrock themes in Wrestling. I don't think she's spectacular but she works her rear end off and I hope she can do a couple high profile matches in Stardom

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Social media isn't everything but it also seems like all of her co-workers really, really like her. That'll get you a lot of rad opportunities as well.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Neodoomium posted:

Social media isn't everything but it also seems like all of her co-workers really, really like her. That'll get you a lot of rad opportunities as well.
Most of the TJP roster seem like genuinely good people, Manase favorited a random TJP tweet I made without tagging anyone and then started following me and for months would favorite random tweets. I've had short conversations with Namba before, and Kamiyu actually had a whole conversation with me about growing up in America and supporting BLM stuff which lead to a lot of African and black fans jumping in and her replying to all of them as well. I started following Mina on Instagram because of suggestions and thought because she used to be an idol-type she would just post thirst-traps all the time but honestly most of her content is building and painting gundams. At some point I thought it would be funny to meme about Suzume's bee gimmick so I would try and see exactly what it'd take for her to like or reply to a tweet, and she reads just about everything and occasionally replies to them. Maki Itoh started doing Instagram Lives regularly when quarantine started with the intention of talking to her fans and practicing English and she'll spend hours talking to everyone on there.

TJPW either has the best social media manager of all time or they just attract genuinely good people, and I'm sure it's the latter.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Oh, speaking of Namba, she won that RIZIN Ring Girl competition and will be doing both jobs. The Up Up Girls surprised her in the ring with the news at the last show and she burst into tears.

Then Miu burst into tears.

She'd been working REALLY HARD on winning it. Toward the end she was doing streams 8 times a day from 6 AM to Midnight.

The fact that TJP's roster genuinely seems to like one another and hang out all the time is one of the reasons why I enjoy it so much. It's fun to see Nodoka and Yuki always going out to eat with Shoko because those three are best friends. Yuka's probably the most guarded about what she does out of the ring.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Wasn't surprised by a single result at the Stardom show, which isn't a bad thing. I think Jungle needs to bottom out to build herself up again, Giulia's been built for this for awhile, and AZM has been frankly due for some kind of title reign. Even Hoshino retiring isn't a surprise given her disappearing act.

I am VERY hype for Syuri vs. Mayu and they seem to be building towards Momo as well.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Jungle's new gear is rad as hell, btw

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Seconding the hell out of both of these:

Nut Bunnies posted:

I am VERY hype for Syuri vs. Mayu

Neodoomium posted:

Jungle's new gear is rad as hell

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
5 Star Grand Prix blocks are out.

Red:

Mayu Iwatani
Giulia
Tam Nakano
Konami
Starlight Kid
Saya Kamitani
DEATH Yama-san
Himeka

Blue:

Momo Watanabe
Utami Hayashishita
Jungle Kyona
AZM
Natsuko Tora
Saki Kashima
Syuri
Maika

Kinda weird how blue has most of QQ.

I don't think there is an obvious winner. My guess is Momo, who has been quietly dominant of late. That means you can probably book the next three challengers to Mayu in Syuri, Momo, and Giulia to get you to November or so.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Are we doing predictions?

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
Here are my predictions

Utami over Jumbo in the finals - you can't predict really how they'll book the latter but I think they might do a five star final run and like that awkward November world title challenge with her since generally in recent years that's what the other finalist in the finals has been. Could be totally wrong here though and there's a bit of wishful thinking since that's the final I want personally.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

DeepL translation being what it is, Kamiyu had to move to a cheaper place but someone swiped her potential new place out from under her. She is still having to leave her apartment though and was fretting about "being homeless."

Then it appears that ASUKA/Veny offered her a place to stay? Translations are weird.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Final: Momo vs. Tam
Winner: Momo

I gave DEATH Yama-san the Yano spoiler booking.

Blue Block is stacked, so it was pretty tough to predict.

I'm fully prepared to be disastrously wrong about all of this.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/MayuIwatani/status/1289422423339671553?s=19

Mayu has written an autobiography.

The cards for the Yokohama Budokan are out. Mayu/Syuri main eventing night one and Tam/Giulia on night two. Other point of interest is Yuna Manase on them.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

"Things I Have Taken a Ridiculous Neck Bump On" by Mayu Iwatani (foreword by Kota Ibushi, who was of course tricked into contributing to a book)

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

This is probably the one book Ibushi can read

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Can't be tricked into imagining neck destruction when neck destruction is already always on your mind

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

He sensed Neck Bumps happening and moonsaulted into Mayu's home office

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

The wager for TCS vs Oedo Tai on Yokohama Budokan Day 2 is TCS must disband if they lose.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
People are freaking out about the stip but it feels like just another stip to add some sizzle.

On the other hand, maybe they can do better apart. TCS is now Jungle & Konami with uh...a comedy character and some children. Force TCS to break up, have Jungle get owned in the 5SGP, and have her bottom out on the way to going through the roster and beating Mayu. Konami can be a lone wolf or join Oedo Tai or something, I dunno.

But I think they win that match.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

It seems almost too cruel to disband that faction so soon.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
The obvious story beat here is that Kyona is stronger now and can protect TCS, unlike when she had to disband JAN.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Do y'all think STARDOM runs the risk of having fans turn on them if they have Jungle lose her faction again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Some Western fans would, I bet.