Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Sumire Natsu is a trooper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Not going to look too much into it, but Rossy has been at WWE events for most of Wrestlemania week it seems.

He is at the Hall of Fame ceremony right now as well.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Bumping this because its important news.

WWE announced there will be another Mae Young Classic tournament this year.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
I wonder if these two posts could be in any way related. :thunk:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Mayu just got jobbed the gently caress out to Kelly Klein. I think there may actually be a WWE/STARDOM partnership incoming and ROH is most likely pissed. :laffo:

TheJunkyardGod
Sep 19, 2004

Do not taunt the Octopus
Sumie is a great person and became friends with my daughter while she's been fighting cancer and I'm rooting hard as hell for her to beat Kelly, who is also really nice but not as much as Sumie.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

DarkstarIV posted:

Mayu just got jobbed the gently caress out to Kelly Klein. I think there may actually be a WWE/STARDOM partnership incoming and ROH is most likely pissed. :laffo:

Wouldn't surprise me, Kairi probably talked them up a whole lot.

I know it Will Never Happen, but it would be interesting to see some of the NXT girls in a tour of Stardom.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Sumie Sakai won the first ever WOH championship.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://twitter.com/SHIMMERwomen/status/982818786288992256

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

DarkstarIV posted:

We can only pray this will not happen, the world might explode from a potential Tam Nakano/Dakota Kai match

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Watching today's TJP show and Priscilla Kelly showed up. She any good? Kinda weird match.

Oh and by the way at the start of this show they announced Hyper Misao vs JUN KASAI at Korakuen Hall :wtf:

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Apr 8, 2018

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

I have altered my retirement plans. Pray I do not alter them any further.
Priscilla's ok. I think her character work is better than her ring work, but I've enjoyed what I've seen of her.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

This is why Misao is facing Kasai btw

https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/983039373309390848?s=20

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Rossy is meeting up with other WWE women.

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/983175612503330817

Hmmmmmmmm.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
please release Becky and let her go to japan

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

RealFoxy posted:

please release Becky and let her go to japan

I think a STARDOM partnership may be coming. Rossy had pictures with a bunch of talent including with Randy Orton.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

DarkstarIV posted:

I think a STARDOM partnership may be coming. Rossy had pictures with a bunch of talent including with Randy Orton.
Oh, you mean like the partnerships with a dozen other indies that hasn't happened yet

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I wasn't convinced until I heard Randy Orton was included. Everyone knows he has the stroke to make those sort of deals

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

A gym bag full of dookie as an opponent is a definite step up from the WOH roster

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Sumie is absolutely a great person, she's a total sweetheart but in 2018 building a roster around her is very ????????

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Becky should stay since if she went to Japan the audiences would vomit all over the place from seeing a woman in her 30s

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Hey now, Stardom's local audience loved Kris Wolf.

Loved :smith:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

WWE isn't significantly better about it. We're just having some of that fun, with pro wrestling.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

RealFoxy posted:

Oh, you mean like the partnerships with a dozen other indies that hasn't happened yet

There very definitely exists deal with Progress, WWN and ICW. They may not be as extensive as was rumoured, but they exist.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Rossy's using whatever leverage he can play with. Showing up in WWE media is either him cementing a deal with WWE or using it as leverage to sweeten his Sinclair agreement. I can't imagine he's not too thrilled with ROH's afterthought treatment of women's wrestling but he can't possibly believe WWE won't drape his women in kimonos and give them funny passport acts.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

coconono posted:

Rossy's using whatever leverage he can play with. Showing up in WWE media is either him cementing a deal with WWE or using it as leverage to sweeten his Sinclair agreement. I can't imagine he's not too thrilled with ROH's afterthought treatment of women's wrestling but he can't possibly believe WWE won't drape his women in kimonos and give them funny passport acts.

If his women do anything with WWE it won't be on the main roster so I don't think the kimono issue is in play here.

It would most likely be a deal for the MYC, if I was guessing. They can't run that back with all of the same women.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Bull Nakano can't get a visa to come to RISE. :(

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

coconono posted:

Considering Mayu got jobbed out to Kelly in a pretty short match...

Also yeah if a partnership does arise from this outside of the MYC, it will probably be exclusive to NXT or have Triple H at the helm of whatever project it could. So I am not worried about Stardom talent being given terrible gimmicks. Odds are they would keep their Stardom gimmicks with a few tweaks. Meaning no Hana giving you the bird.

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

I have altered my retirement plans. Pray I do not alter them any further.
I just assumed that Rossy was recruiting Randy Orton to join Queen's Quest.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

TheHock posted:

I just assumed that Rossy was recruiting Randy Orton to join Queen's Quest.

Now why would Rossy do that? He doesn't interfere with STARDOM wrestler spats. He is the ideal authority figure.

I do think my favorite Rossy moment though was his latest birthday where he spent it getting destroyed by the STARDOM roster. I think he even took a piledriver from Io.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

DDT put the entirety of this year's January 4th Tokyo Joshi Pro Wrestling show up for free with English commentary on YouTube (along with every other DDT show they've done English commentary for). The whole show is a fun and worthwhile watch but definitely make time for the main event if you haven't seen it already (Reika Saiki vs. Miyu Yamashita). Probably second to Io/Momo for my women's match of the year so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrDU4ED8p38

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I really like Reika so I'll have to check this out.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/OTT_wrestling/status/983710643982254080

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Like I feared, Brandi Rhodes is a member of Oedo Tai now.

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/984595900331769856?s=19

:suicide:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

boooooooo

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

It definitely seems like they are setting up a story where Brandi has no clue what she has gotten herself into. Thankfully, we have a newly minted deathmatch wrestler to show her how people in Stardom feel about Oedo Tai.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

That Reika and Miyu match was awesome and so hard hitting. I'm guessing I'd have to subscribe to DDT watch more of the same?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

That Reika and Miyu match was awesome and so hard hitting. I'm guessing I'd have to subscribe to DDT watch more of the same?

Since the partnership with Abema, they air most of their shows live for free and then you can only watch the replay with a subscription. That helps if you live in a time zone that makes watching Tokyo Joshi Pro live work. Otherwise, yeah. They do a month free trial but someone in another thread said they don't let you cancel until you've had your first paid month but you might be able to get around that by subscribing with PayPal and then canceling the transaction on PayPal?

Their next big Korakuen show is on May 3rd in the early slot so I think it's possible to do a marathon of that and then Dontaku if you watch NJPW. Reika is going for the tag titles teaming with Marika Kobashi, a 16 year old school girl who has chops that rival WALTER's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Mind you, its Dave reporting this and he failed to report on Rossy being in New Orleans over the weekend (and being seen with WWE officials and at their various events), so take it with a grain of salt, but he had the following to say about the MYC:

He thinks that unless the worker in question is a top draw in a company like STARDOM, he expects women to want to enter the MYC 2 and potentially sign contracts. However, while he can see top talent from STARDOM (Mayu, Io) entering the tournament, he doesn't think they'll make it far, if they even make it past the first round unless they sign WWE contracts.

Now if Io is in the tournament, I fully expect her to sign a contract, as that's been her end goal for awhile now is to get into WWE. The only question is if they'll medically clear her to compete. Mayu I'm less sure about to be honest.