Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

She'll probably get the Princesa Sugehit/Mercedes Martinez treatment as a veteran with tons of respect, but blatantly there to put over the people WWE actually want.

That's a more dour phasing that I'd use.

But obviously, she'll be Io's showcase opponent. Meiko will get a good payday and will be treated like a Queen while Orlando, will get lots of exposure for her and her company and more indie bookings too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

rovert posted:

That's a more dour phasing that I'd use.

But obviously, she'll be Io's showcase opponent. Meiko will get a good payday and will be treated like a Queen while Orlando, will get lots of exposure for her and her company and more indie bookings too.

Is there a list of people most likely to win the MYC that you know of at all, Rovert? I've seen Toni's name thrown around, but I don't see her winning it as long as she's under a UK deal, and not a full time deal.

Oh hey, I got a new title. I'm going to miss Gunnertar, since I had him for several years. :smith:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The Kenta Kobashi produce show with Meiko/Io/Hiroyo is up on Puroresu Dream. The match is getting great reviews unsurprisingly. I'm downloading it now.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I honestly don't know. Io winning seems like a repeat of Kairi. Toni is "only" signed to a WWE UK deal although that could easily change and it isn't like Pete Dunne is treated as second class by WWE

I don't think she'll win but WWE is higher on Deonna Purrazzo and see a bigger future in her than most people realise. I am biased so people might not believe me but I heard her hiring story and my reaction was not to believe it and think I was being worked or buttered up. But I then heard it from other people afterwards.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

io has a more vicious style than kairi so outside of them both being japanese STARDOM aces i dont think its just the same thing again.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

a heel should win one of their tournaments for once

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Mob posted:

Rov it's been a few months, can you tell us what all went down with Fox & Browne without burning a source yet?

Fox's confrontation with Travis Browne and confronting every "outsider" in the area WWE had occurred in front of WWE executives like Mark Carrano, WWE Senior Director of Talent Relations. Also swatting the dude filming her's phone out of their hand is counts as assault and that's grounds for her release. The word on some sites now is that Alicia's deal ends at the end of the year. I assume WWE won't release her imminently and will just let her contract lapse.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

rovert posted:

I honestly don't know. Io winning seems like a repeat of Kairi. Toni is "only" signed to a WWE UK deal although that could easily change and it isn't like Pete Dunne is treated as second class by WWE

I don't think she'll win but WWE is higher on Deonna Purrazzo and see a bigger future in her than most people realise. I am biased so people might not believe me but I heard her hiring story and my reaction was not to believe it and think I was being worked or buttered up. But I then heard it from other people afterwards.

I was just curious, to be honest. I feel like it would be better for Io to lose in the finals. It would/could plant the seeds for a (blood) feud with Kairi. And they would tear the house down if given time at a Takeover. I could easily see it main eventing one.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

DarkstarIV posted:

I was just curious, to be honest. I feel like it would be better for Io to lose in the finals. It would/could plant the seeds for a (blood) feud with Kairi. And they would tear the house down if given time at a Takeover. I could easily see it main eventing one.

They obviously have chemistry and would love to get back NXT Takeovers having two women's matches again - Shayna seems to be going nowhere.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

rovert posted:

They obviously have chemistry and would love to get back NXT Takeovers having two women's matches again - Shayna seems to be going nowhere.

When you mean nowhere, do you mean not being called up soon, or career wise? Because I wouldn't be shocked if Shayna drops the title sooner or later to Kairi, just so the first ever winner doesn't look like she spun her wheels for an entire year and having nothing to show for it.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

rovert posted:

it does look like they're starting to refill and give focus to the women over the last few weeks, im hoping that bianca belair's athleticism translates into eventually becoming a real good worker.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

STONE COLD 64 posted:

it does look like they're starting to refill and give focus to the women over the last few weeks, im hoping that bianca belair's athleticism translates into eventually becoming a real good worker.

Having one (singles) women's match on Takeover is not representative of the ratio of men:women on the roster or in step with main roster or WWE/PPVs (that can obviously vary)

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

DarkstarIV posted:

When you mean nowhere, do you mean not being called up soon, or career wise? Because I wouldn't be shocked if Shayna drops the title sooner or later to Kairi, just so the first ever winner doesn't look like she spun her wheels for an entire year and having nothing to show for it.

Nowhere as she so dominant and I don't see her successor being groomed.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

rovert posted:

Having one (singles) women's match on Takeover is not representative of the ratio of men:women on the roster or in step with main roster or WWE/PPVs (that can obviously vary)

i was just speakin from the weeklies, i havent watched a full takeover since san antonio. i do agree though with the number of angles they put together there should be more on takeover, especially if they're moving to 3 hours like i heard they might.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

rovert posted:

i think toni storm is gonna be her successor.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

That Io/Meiko/Hiroyo match was incredible btw and you should all watch it

https://puroresudream.wordpress.com/2018/06/14/2018-06-14-kenta-kobashi-produce-fortune-dream-5/

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

rovert posted:

Honestly, I don't think she needs to have someone groomed, because I don't see her being called up soon anyways. I imagine she'll be putting over a decent amount of talent before heading up, and she doesn't need the title for that. That being said, if you are talking about a heel successor, then I would have Io take over in that role. Her in ring style is flashy but she also has one hell of a mean streak.

To be honest, I feel like they are building up Kairi specifically to take the title from her at Brooklyn. Assuming Ronda wins at Summerslam (I don't think she's walking out of MITB as champion), she's going to need a credible challenger on the main roster, and Shayna is probably the best person for that job. I can also see her being called up to Smackdown, as they are in dire need of strong heels (in ring wise) at the moment. Unless they turn Becky, Charlotte, or Asuka heel, and I don't see a turn in the cards for any of them. Charlotte is probably being kept as a babyface until closer to the Rumble depending on how the crowd is reacting to Ronda, and Asuka is way too popular with younger children to turn heel. Becky is the most likely person of the three.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i think toni storm is gonna be her successor.

Counter:
Has never wrestled on NXT TV. Post-MYC Kairi has been treated as largely a doormat.

Obviously you could still be right - personally, I think Toni is "the guy" and if she doesn't leave Wrestling a millionaire someone really hosed up.

I will say the rap on Toni currently is that she is still green. She can't confidently carry people yet. I've seen some PROGRESS matches fall apart in the last year. If you ask people who have wrestled her she is very nervous before matches. She could do with a stint at the Performance Center to fix stuff. That's way too many steps across the ring for a dive like that:

https://twitter.com/ArnoldFurious/status/995603071056171008

In short Actually Bad and needs to step up before she grapples with Lana and Carmella in the big leagues.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Rovert can you share Deonna's recruitment story? I also think that Kairi could be groomed to beat Shayna since they haven't had another 1 on 1 since the MYC right?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

TV Zombie posted:

Rovert can you share Deonna's recruitment story?

Not until she's officially announced as signed.

For now, I'll just ask how often does Triple H admit mistakes:

https://twitter.com/tim00/status/903262677228761088

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

TV Zombie posted:

Rovert can you share Deonna's recruitment story? I also think that Kairi could be groomed to beat Shayna since they haven't had another 1 on 1 since the MYC right?

That is partially incorrect. They've had another singles match since the MYC, which Shayna won handily. They each have a single televised win over each other right now. The next match will be the rubber match. I think the issue Kairi had was that she got injured/took time off fairly early on to take care of nagging injuries, and it came back to bite her in the rear end in terms of booking (it also doesn't help that they were busy with Shayna/Ember at the time).

That being said, she's significantly better at carrying green talents compared to someone like Shayna, and assuming Kairi is next in line for a title shot (sorry, but I don't think Nikki is winning at Takeover Chicago), it would be pretty devastating for her NXT career if she were to lose to Shayna at Brooklyn. And all the other babyfaces are either too weak credibility wise, or have very weak characterization right now. Dakota has no character other than "scared of Shayna", and Candice LaRae is basically in the role of "Johnny's Wife" for the foreseeable future.

And yeah, they seem to be grooming Kairi for another shot/beating Shayna after the whole Lacey thing. I imagine she'll have one more filler feud between now and Brooklyn (probably Bianca), but otherwise be ready to go after that.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I wonder then if Kairi is seen as a wrestler that can help groom other wrestlers get better but is not seen as championship material herself.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Io has a new shirt coming out for her farewell shows on the 16th and 17th. I actually really like the design.

https://twitter.com/shirai_io/status/1007582741892698112

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Whateverwinds up happening with the MYC, I hope they run it more like the CWC next time around because that was such a better way to watch a cool tournament.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Phenix Rising posted:

Whateverwinds up happening with the MYC, I hope they run it more like the CWC next time around because that was such a better way to watch a cool tournament.

I don't think they will. Tapings are set for August 8th and 9th. That being said, I hope they don't actually hold off on releasing the tournament footage until after Summerslam this time. Do a few episodes (2-3) a week.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Need that Io shirt. Stardom has some great lookin shirt merch. On par with CHIKARA's.

JAN's shirt is cool lookin

the new STARS one is hype too (even if it has stuff on the back)

Hazuki's shirt, very badass, much like the queen of latenight fistfights herself.

Oedo Tai's shirt is a fuckin classic too.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Zeuxis in MYC2 or I riot

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

DarkstarIV posted:

I don't think they will. Tapings are set for August 8th and 9th. That being said, I hope they don't actually hold off on releasing the tournament footage until after Summerslam this time. Do a few episodes (2-3) a week.

We still haven't heard anything about how they're doing the final this time. Last time it was a match after a random Smackdown, which was fairly awful. Don't see them finishing up airing the tournament in time to put it on Takeover Brooklyn.

Prazak apparently isn't satisfied having the worst release schedule on DVD, he's decided the way to make the streaming service a success is to make the customers wait EVEN LONGER for shows:

"It’ll start off with the first 8 years of shows at first, and then we’ll add more shows on a regular basis after that. Newest material will be physical media and ClickWrestle first, and added to the streaming site later".

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

https://twitter.com/ifyouseekcasey/status/1007792317841989632

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Yikes at Kelly Klein being in the 5* GP. She's really botch prone, at least from what I saw in her last STARDOM tour.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
No Toni Storm too.

STARDOM has been following British protege Millie McKenzie so I assumed she might be in.

The Grand Prix line up will make more sense when the MYC II line up is released.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I have high hopes for Kelly Klein. She can throw a mean fuckin lariat and that's about it right now.

Surprised Mandy Leon isn't in on this.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

That's a pretty good line up. Kelly isn't great, but there's no-one there I'm dreading seeing.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Mandy had major knee surgery a couple of months ago. The surgery was a few years coming. If you looked close she always wore a big knee brace. Hid it well but one sock on her boots was higher than the other.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/Chris2KLee/status/1008222725092007941

Not mentioned: How packed it was in the hall/arena.

Io and Mayu won the match

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

https://twitter.com/Chris2KLee/status/1008222725092007941

Not mentioned: How packed it was in the hall/arena.

Io and Mayu won the match

Also they kissed

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Baron Corbyn posted:

Also they kissed

!!!!!

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams

coconono posted:

JAN's shirt is cool lookin

I bought that shirt off of Rossy Ogawa himself. Ogawa asked me where I came from but other than that, if you don't have something he wants from you, he doesn't have time for you. XL barely fits me but it's American size which is good news for y'all who are interested in buying it

Sorry, DarkstarIV

Auritech fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Jun 18, 2018

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
edit= edit is not post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

Auritech posted:

XL barely fits me but it's American size which is good news for y'all who are interested in buying it

Oh word? They must use different shirts than the Oedo Tai ones. I usually wear a US L/Japan XL but decided to risk it on an L Kagetsu symbol shirt that turned out to fit me like Under Armor (and not in a good way). It's a rad shirt, too. I might just end up making it into a backpatch.

This past weekend's TJPW was great! All the Princess Cup matches were good but I have to give special credit to Stone Pitbull Nodoka Oneesan! I adore her but I really didn't expect her to get a significant push in the tournament... Much less beat the champ in a solid, believable match. Really looking forward to the Nodoka/Yuu semifinal.