Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strokavich
Jan 17, 2019

Joshi Wrestling fanatic
Youtube Channel

RealFoxy posted:

vs Meiko Satomura from 8/26/17
vs Reika Saiki from 1/4/2018
vs Yuu from 8/25/18
vs Maki Ito from Jan 4th this year

She never really has a bad match so take your pick. She was in most people's top 3 female wrestlers of 2018

I second the Maki Ito suggestion, great match for sure.

Johnny Landmine posted:

If you have a DDT Universe account for TJPW, the Sendai Girls vs. All Out six-man tag on the July 24, 2018 episode of Maji Manji would make a decent Cassandra Andras Miyagi starter. Everyone in that match came out looking great.

I'll def check out that july 24th show, I always love some good joshi and Meiko is a beast so I'm looking forward to seeing the match and seeing what Miyagi's got.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Miyagi also teamed with Meiko against Maki Ito and Saki Akai at Peter Pan last year and that whole show ruled too.

Strokavich
Jan 17, 2019

Joshi Wrestling fanatic
Youtube Channel
That Hana Kimura vs Konami match from the 2/9/19 show was MOTY contender for sure, really loving Hana again. It's rare for Momo not to be apart of the match of the night, but for me Konami and Hana stole the show, but that QQ vs Oedo Tai was right on it's heels because that was a sick match as well.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Yeah most of the people I usually talk about wrestling with really don't like Hana and even they admitted that match ruled.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Hana has been very hit or miss for me since coming back, but when she turns it on she's great. Looking forward to watching this show tonight!

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/wwr_stardom/status/1095648396730281987?s=19

Xia Brookside is returning to Stardom for a stint.

Very interesting that they are plugging NXT as well.

Strokavich
Jan 17, 2019

Joshi Wrestling fanatic
Youtube Channel
Not that big a fan of Xia but I don't mind her too much in Stardom.

I just think she is too green, but it's been awhile since her last tour so she might be much better by now.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

[url]Very interesting that they are plugging NXT as well.

Not really. They always use WWE ties to give competitors some legitimacy. They billed her as being the daughter of the NXT Performance Center coach at one point in her pre match introduction.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Strokavich posted:

Not that big a fan of Xia but I don't mind her too much in Stardom.

I just think she is too green, but it's been awhile since her last tour so she might be much better by now.

She has improved and is filling out her frame. I do think she's a wrestler who will eventually turn out pretty good by Western standards at least.

Strokavich
Jan 17, 2019

Joshi Wrestling fanatic
Youtube Channel
Man Hana Kimura has been putting on MOTY contenders lately. Her matches with Konami and Starlight Kid were amazing.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Which show is the SLK match from?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Which show is the SLK match from?

2/10 in Shinkiba

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

just watched it thanks. Yeah, that was really good. Hana's in this weird spot where people either massively overrate or underrate her and I'm sure 99% of that is down to her looks tbh.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

When she first got back from Mexico she was pretty boring in the ring. It felt like she was more interested in chewing gum and looking annoyed. The past few weeks she's really turned it on and has been putting out great matches.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

taping the feather duster things to her legs helped as well, she's not adjusting them every few minutes any more. I honestly think the Konami match might have been her best so far. Or at least up there with the matches she had with Mika Iwata in Sendai Girls.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

taping the feather duster things to her legs helped as well, she's not adjusting them every few minutes any more. I honestly think the Konami match might have been her best so far. Or at least up there with the matches she had with Mika Iwata in Sendai Girls.

That Konami match kicked all sorts of rear end. And yeah, the fuzzy leg thing was ridiculously annoying. It seemed like 80% of her actions in matches were smacking on gum, fixing her leg things, or fixing her arm things.

Not sure if it's a coincidence or not, but it seems like she got more interesting in the ring again once the makeshift group with Sadie and Bobbi got going. Kind of felt like she was in a holding pattern until then.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Maybe she just needs to have friends around to feel motivated because even when she was phoning it in in Stardom, her matches teaming with Asuka in Wrestle-1 were fine.

Strokavich
Jan 17, 2019

Joshi Wrestling fanatic
Youtube Channel
Hana's period right after her Mexico trip was god awful. I hated it so much that I made an entire video on it. She is so much better when she is able to utilize her charisma.

Plus she is obviously skilled, evident from her Konami match on the 9th. Her after mexico character couldn't showcase any of her skills.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
STARDOM just uploaded a handful of matches to their YouTube page. Some are fairly recent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vHgrLJlUak

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

If you remained unspoiled on X, Stardom just uploaded the match

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Talked about AQA before. Will be a huge star if she works hard.

https://twitter.com/RISEdtwa/status/1097633105765109761

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Is that tweet showing BOoker T and AQA?

Strokavich posted:

Hana's period right after her Mexico trip was god awful.

this thread is not for that sort of thing

Strokavich
Jan 17, 2019

Joshi Wrestling fanatic
Youtube Channel

Cavauro posted:

this thread is not for that sort of thing

Yes only quote part of me message. Don't quote the rest where I was praising Hana's charisma and ability as a wrestler.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Strokavich posted:

Yes only quote part of me message. Don't quote the rest where I was praising Hana's charisma and ability as a wrestler.

Cavauro is my bud, please do not troll him. (He's just messing with you :ssh:)

Strokavich
Jan 17, 2019

Joshi Wrestling fanatic
Youtube Channel

DarkstarIV posted:

Cavauro is my bud, please do not troll him. (He's just messing with you :ssh:)

It just occurred to me that he might have been making a joke on me use of the word period. If so then I appologize, I didn't get it because it didn't even occur to me to associate that word in that way in this context.

If so, good joke. Pretty funny.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Strokavich posted:

Yes... I was praising Hana's... ...ar....s...e.

please stand down sir

Strokavich
Jan 17, 2019

Joshi Wrestling fanatic
Youtube Channel

Cavauro posted:

please stand down sir

We Americans call it a nice rear end sir haha

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Punch me in the balls my bubby

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Cavauro posted:

please stand down sir

seriously, that's gimmick infringement and I will sue

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

They seem new to me though I don't know the product well but Miu and Hikari from TJPW look like future stars/aces for that company.

Strokavich
Jan 17, 2019

Joshi Wrestling fanatic
Youtube Channel

TV Zombie posted:

They seem new to me though I don't know the product well but Miu and Hikari from TJPW look like future stars/aces for that company.

Hikari and Miu seem to be the only two out of the up up girls who have potential. Raku is just terrible, but still enjoyable to watch for the comedy aspect. Pinano is just kind of eh. She could get better but Hikari and Miu are the true breakout starts of that group.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
It's nice to see Hikari and Miu moving up the card and getting in some big matches. I'd love to see them actually win some singles matches instead of just putting up a good fight before losing. Who knows, maybe Miu vs. Sakisama at the next one will have a surprising ending. ...Is Sakisama a separate enough person in kayfabe that the Ironman belt wouldn't be on the line in that match?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

what are you talking about the ironman heavymetalweight title for? That's Saki Akai not Saki-sama

Strokavich
Jan 17, 2019

Joshi Wrestling fanatic
Youtube Channel
Yeah how does poo poo this like work? Hana Kimura for example is only her heelish persona in Stardom. If she wont a belt outside Stardom, would she still bring it over during Stardom Shows, or do wrestlers who use different characters keep them seperate?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Saki Akai and Saki-Sama are considered two entirely different wrestlers in kayfabe. Hana Kimura is still Hana within other promotions regardless of her babyface/heel standings. If Sakisama is pinned it wouldn't be considered Saki Akai losing the title. It's just a weird cheeky kayface that DDT likes to keep up where obviously yeah, it's the same person but until they decide to "break" that kayface for a storyline they're considered two different wrestlers.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Strokavich posted:

Yeah how does poo poo this like work? Hana Kimura for example is only her heelish persona in Stardom. If she wont a belt outside Stardom, would she still bring it over during Stardom Shows, or do wrestlers who use different characters keep them seperate?

Maya Yukihi has two separate Twitter accounts for her Ice Ribbon (face) and OZ Academy (heel) characters and recently made a big deal about teaming with Saori Anou for the first time ever using her Ice Ribbon account when they're in the same heel faction in OZ Academy and regularly team together.

Hana and Asuka (not WWE) kind of acknowledge the existence of both characters. After Asuka beat Hana in WAVE, she cut a promo saying something along the lines of wanting to team with the evil Hana instead of the cheerleading babyface.

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Feb 20, 2019

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Does anyone recall when the QQ Flag storyline started?

Strokavich
Jan 17, 2019

Joshi Wrestling fanatic
Youtube Channel

TTBF posted:

Does anyone recall when the QQ Flag storyline started?

Sumire first took the flag on the September 1st, 2018 show I believe.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Thank you Strokavich.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

sigh

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1099039311230574597