Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
I will subscribe to the SHIMMER service but Dave has pretty much already said that DVDs get precedence for new volumes, which solves 0% of the problem with the turnaround issue. That had been in Sal/WWN's hands for a while and it was floated that they would be losing that responsibility but I've seen nothing to demonstrate any improvement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Yeah, what's Kevin Owens done since he came to WWE?

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
I kinda feel like Tasha needs the Deonna rub more than Karen but whatever, it's going to be a good show.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Kaitlyn had an interesting series of matches on Main Event/Superstars with Alicia, due to Alicia being very light and Kaitlyn being pretty strong. Overall there kinda was never any "there" there with her work.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Solo Darling has a shot at CHIKARA's Grand Championship next Saturday against Juan Francisco de Coronado. I think she's the first woman to compete for it since Kimber Lee held the title.

https://twitter.com/SoloDarling/status/1019998575915360259

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
I feel like Neveah and Havok were supposed to be the ones to take the tag straps off Tessa and Kraven, but Tessa showed up and gave notice the taping before Neveah was healthy (thought she was getting signed?).

Also, the Takeover stuff is legit. Granted, no one would know about it if salty talents weren't working overtime to bury her.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
I hope Smash tries a little harder for CanUSA this year. Last year's lineup sucked rear end.

Also, I can confirm Kris Wolf is about the coolest person in wrestling. Legit no one has a bad thing to say about her.

Cory Lidle fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Aug 11, 2018

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
They're not even using the streaming service to bypass WWN's glacial DVD production, so it's really just a way to watch the back catalogue without having to buy DVDs a la carte.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
SHIMMER joining the Powerbomb.TV team would be a better idea, IMO. PBTV is going to be a big player in the Big Fight and WWN is going to be complicit or a non factor.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Lacey is their new Dana Brooke, and honestly probably has less raw talent.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
I'd rather see the fly-ins than more of Kevin's RISE girls.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
I don't mind Trish and Nikki, but I refuse to act like Brie, Maryse and Melina were ever any good and did anything but contribute to why women's wresting in America has to dig out of the damage WWE did.

Cory Lidle fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Sep 4, 2018

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Geez, you want the women to be given normal match time AND have storylines that makes any sense? Talk about giving a mouse a cookie.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Rayne was the least noticeable part of the Beautiful People because she could actually wrestle and wasn't some reject Hooters waitress that had to press her entire rear end in a top hat on a camera lens to get any reaction.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Upload the old afterparty tapes.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Rhia is going to do so well in Sendai.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Io survived Japan, Brie wouldn't survive any receipts for being a sloppy, dojo tier wrestler.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
It sounds like it was more of a problem than usual, but Matthews has always had an issue with having to readjust her gear.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Man, Conti's selling and facial expressions were really bad in that match. She kept sticking her tongue out for some reason.
The Central FL fans took a couple photos of her making silly faces and now she thinks it's a thing.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Low Desert Punk posted:

I've never seen lacey evans work before and man she loving sucks
She's too busy cultivating her lovely early 90's WWF gimmick.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Midnightghoul posted:

Trigger warning: Sam Roberts
Documentary of the Year: Sam Roberts "The Least Professional Broadcaster"

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
WoW is basically in the genre of GLOW or Wrestlicious. They are bringing in more workrate names but it's campy, weird poo poo that was better left in the past. Anyone booking Amber O'Neal in 2018 is highly suspect.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Miyu Yamashita strikes me as a someone kickier Cheerleader Melissa, which I'm not mad at.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Can't help but wonder how much easier the recovery would've been if she hadn't tried to work through it. Coincidentally enough, one of the times HHH blew his knee/quad out, the doctor told him that essentially a grenade went off inside his leg and asked HHH what he was thinking trying to grind through it. HHH just kinda shrugged sheepishly.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
I look at Toni being where she is (at the age she is) and see the star she can become given she stays healthy and keeps a head about her. You can learn how to wrestle, you can't truly learn charisma. But I get that not everyone can look at a person and see 10 years down the line. I have a similar issue with Rachael Ellering. Some people can already see where she'll be, I see a greenhorn with good physical skills but it doesn't always translate. Raw power is cool, but Jordynne Grace has about as much power and exists skillwise is in 2018.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
A 73 minute Alisha Edwards match has to have been a sleeper.

Glad we're getting all of the "doing it to say it's been done" stuff out of the way now for the ladies.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
If your primary outlet in 2018 is ROH, I fully support someone ignoring your advice.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
I don't think Danger is that actively involved either. Despite the nominal split between RISE and SHIMMER, I'm still seeing a lot of Kevin. Also, Mercedes is really running roughshod over the back. I see a product removed from fun and I hope something happens where they can recapture that.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Auritech posted:

Hiroyo Matsumoto is going to be at a free wrestling thing at Koenji today! I am going to go, pictures will be taken!
Hiroyo is the best. Enjoy meeting Sexy Godzilla.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

TheHock posted:

My favorite Ray story is her always showing up to the SHIMMER after parties still wearing her mask (Leon as well) and laying into Pink Flash Kira who wasn't wearing hers. The next night, Kira was wearing her mask to a bar in Berwyn. It was ridiculous, but I always had a lot of love for her demanding that level of respect for wrestling traditions.
One of my favorite stories. I feel like that is part of the reason Courtney Rush keeps something to cover her face to protect the Rosemary gimmick in public.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
I feel like there might be a parallel to be drawn from the obstacles of learning English to creating a formula that works within "WWE style." There are rules that contradict other rules, it borrows from enough different sources that the actual nucleus is somewhat hard to pin down. You could sit and watch an
HBK TV match and pretty much call the whole thing 5-10 seconds in advance, but it worked and was effective. Plenty of fairly talented people try to put together something they can build on and it doesn't really get them anywhere, while people like Carmella scrape along not being especially good at the wrestling part or the entertainment part. It's weird, it's frustrating but it certainly is fascinating.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
That got surprisingly sad despite nothing overtly sad happening.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

rovert posted:

Was elated that wXw took her in. Was a roof over her head and a fixed address for 3 months at least. A red-hot indie promotion ran by nice people. But whatever she's tackling personally restricts her from getting her stuff together it seems.
Not exactly high content insight, but I think her exit from Japan might finally be getting reckoned with after months of new sights and shiny distractions.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Much like prison, WWE's PC provides structure to wayward talents.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
They flew in Kris Wolf for a PPV and only had her on their lovely YouTube gimmick, so I'm not really sure why we're supposed to give ROH the benefit of the doubt on really anything.

As far a relevant women's promotions go, SHIMMER is bringing in Penelope Ford and a bunch of Sendai girls for their pre-Mania tapings.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Sounds like she's doing RISE/SHIMMER weekend for sure, so that might be an option if anyone is trying to catch her before it's too late.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Willow Nightingale has a broken neck that requires surgery. Probably won't have a return window until after they operate.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

rovert posted:

A mutual friend of mine told me Victoria is more doing this run as she doesn't have much money left more than she can't go. 2000s WWF/WWE women earned a lot less than you probably think, unfortunately.

No idea what she came away with on her divorce and her restaurant after her husband cheated on her with a waitress in a massively messy divorce.
I agree that she probably has less savings than we would think because the women were paid for poo poo, but she also lives in San Diego. If she had no money let, she would be sharing a flophouse with Sunny.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
I hope that means they're inching further away from WWN. I don't understand how that relationship has lasted so long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
SHIMMER's had a backlog of people that were just stuck in prelim hell for various reasons, so they are in good shape once the Signing Shock settles. Sam Heights, Shotzi, Solo Darling and Doom are over as heck. AK47 can get bumped up easily to a more prominent place on the card. Jessica Troy is super good, Hyan is good, Zoe Lucas has a super high ceiling, AQA has potential, Penelope Ford can slot in to whatever role they need. I think Harlow is solid and they didn't even use her for the main show. The Vape Girl with the buzzcut from RISE intrigues me.